Microsoft is getting slaughtered by the press regarding XB1

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Below is some links to various articles about the XB1. It's not looking good at all for Microsoft.

• BBC: Xbox One: Microsoft defends pre-owned games rules
  • Blorge: Why gamers hate the Xbox One
  • Complex: Microsoft Finally Reveals Xbox One Details, It's Mostly All Bad News
  • Destructoid: Xbox One kills game ownership, here's what Xbox fans say
  • Eurogamer: Microsoft kills game ownership and expects us to smile
  • Forbes Contributor: Microsoft Confirms Gamers' Fears Over Xbox One
  • Forbes Contributor (2): Microsoft's Shortsighted Approach Might Have Already Killed Xbox One
  • Forbes Contributor (3): The Xbox One Might Let Sony's PS4 Win By Default
  • Giant Bomb: The Giant Bomb staff deciphers the digital-rights policies for Microsoft's new console through interpretive dance
  • Kotaku: The Xbox One Just Had A Very Bad Day
  • Kotaku (2): When Will Gamers Say Enough Is Enough?
  • LazyGamer: Microsoft confirms insane Xbox One DRM
  • MCV UK: Indie retailers desperate for Xbox One pre-owned answers
  • MCV UK (2): Publishers quiet over Xbox One pre-owned intentions
  • Metro UK: Xbox One and the corporate war against consumers
  • NowGamer: Xbox One: It's For Publishers, Not For You
  • PC Magazine: Microsoft Xbox One: No Internet? Big Problem
  • Polygon: Xbox One policy is a lovely marriage proposal to big corporations
  • TechnoBuffalo: Xbox One and Used, Borrowed and Sold Games The Official Word
  • TechnoBuffalo (2): Xbox One: Unless Microsoft Changes Their Policies, Im Out
  • TechRadar: Xbox One 'always online': What does it mean for gamers?
  • TechSpot: Xbox One will force gamers to stay online after all
  • The Diplomat: Has Microsoft Already Ruined the Xbox One?
  • The Guardian: Xbox One requires daily net connection
  • The Wall Street Journal: Microsofts Xbox One: Owning Your Video Games Is So 1994
  • Time: Microsofts Xbox One Used Games Policies Are Clear as Mud
  • VG247: Xbox One: the record is broken, long live the record
  • WhatCulture!: Xbox One: 10 Shocking Things You Wont Believe

*Thanks to GAF for the list*

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts
All MS has to do is say something. But I doubt they will until E3, where even when they debunk all the statements tossed around the fatique of hatred will be too high to care.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
and they should be. almost everything about their new console sounds awful.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

They have E3 to packpedal or to fully commit to these draconian anti consumer policies.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

and they should be. almost everything about their new console sounds awful. mems_1224

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts
First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :P
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TigerSuperman

They have E3 to packpedal or to fully commit to these draconian anti consumer policies.

SolidTy
Nope, Debunking the rumors at this point will only be a step because them being quiet and unreliable with giving information is a scar at this point. They would have to add more. For example, along with debunking rumors and showing off games, they would have to cut XBLG or make XBLG free and offer a discounted price over the holidays temporarily for starters.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I could've sworn I've seen these links in another thread...
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TigerSuperman
[QUOTE="navyguy21"]First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :P

Yes, MS not saying anything is hurting them bad, If if they debunk(and they will) all the rumors and statements, the air of anger and backslashing and all the people claiming everything is fact and MS purposefully saying nothing at all will be at a point where if Sony introduced the EXACT SAME features as is rumored for Xbox One they would get less backlash.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dream431ca

First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :Pnavyguy21

Got this list from GAF :P I'll update the OP.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
[QUOTE="navyguy21"]First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :P

pretty much. i hope people aren't so naive that they think sony is gonna be much better. I mean, they've been following MS's lead for an entire generation and its worked. Why would they stop now?
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
It doesnt matter. The console will still sell and sell well.
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
and they should be. almost everything about their new console sounds awful. mems_1224
and this is coming from you ? a super lem? ... this must be bad than....
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

SolidTy

It's the exact same setup as Steam. I sympathise with the traditional box-and-disc collectors, but nostalgia is not a decent reason to hold back on moving forwards. Digital delivery isn't where the industry is going, it's where the industry already is. Entertainment isn't something you purchase as own any more, it's a service which is delivered. iTunes has been like this for years. Amazon has the exact same setup with Kindle. Steam, if not the whole PC gaming market, has existed in this manner for over a decade.

I think they've made some poor decisions regarding the global market, particularly emerging markets where internet availability makes the Xbone more or less irrelevant, but I really struggle to see anything on that list of proposals which either doesn't exist already or isn't clearly and obviously inevitable in the near future.

Sony are making a gamers machine, and I think they will be applauded for that by gamers. Like a lot of Sony electronics though, I think it'll ultimately be a bad decision. No matter how beloved their next platform may be by gamers, the days of the traditional games console and the traditional game itself are numbered. There will most certainly be a Playstation 5 in a few years time. I cant see Microsoft making a new box ever again.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TigerSuperman
[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.

Forbes has 10 people for and 8 against.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.

Apple. iPad. Enough said.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]and they should be. almost everything about their new console sounds awful. legalize82
and this is coming from you ? a super lem? ... this must be bad than....

I have no allegiance, stupid.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.

Didn't everyone hate the shit out of the iPad when it was announced? Now look at it :lol:
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
You could easily print all those articles on Sony and the Ps4 right now. Sonys mouth has been shut and out of the news, mainly because the are scared of the back lash when they state their position on used games, bundled camera, fee for online, backwards compatibility, Kaz's sexual preferences etc......
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.

Didn't everyone hate the shit out of the iPad when it was announced? Now look at it :lol:

My point exactly.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
MS can still redeem themselves not just at E3 but before launch. Remember when the PS3 had that banana controller and were laughed at by media. They ended up changing it before release. Same can happen in this situation. E3 is going to be a spectacle, I hope.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

It will still sell tons because the mass market either doesnt care or arent well informed. Most still dont know about this, only those in the gaming industry. As i have said before, most of the kids i work with want one, but have no idea they might not be able to play used or rented games. The casual market are extremely uninformed, which is why they buy what they see on tv or what their friends have.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 legalize82
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] Apple. iPad. Enough said.

My point exactly.

thats entirely different... i can resell my ipad..
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]Didn't everyone hate the shit out of the iPad when it was announced? Now look at it :lol:legalize82
My point exactly.

thats entirely different... i can resell my ipad..

you can probably resell your X1 too.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dream431ca

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Ninja-Hippo

It's the exact same setup as Steam. I sympathise with the traditional box-and-disc collectors, but nostalgia is not a decent reason to hold back on moving forwards. Digital delivery isn't where the industry is going, it's where the industry already is. Entertainment isn't something you purchase as own any more, it's a service which is delivered. iTunes has been like this for years. Amazon has the exact same setup with Kindle. Steam, if not the whole PC gaming market, has existed in this manner for over a decade.

I think they've made some poor decisions regarding the global market, particularly emerging markets where internet availability makes the Xbone more or less irrelevant, but I really struggle to see anything on that list of proposals which either doesn't exist already or isn't clearly and obviously inevitable in the near future.

Sony are making a gamers machine, and I think they will be applauded for that by gamers. Like a lot of Sony electronics though, I think it'll ultimately be a bad decision. No matter how beloved their next platform may be by gamers, the days of the traditional games console and the traditional game itself are numbered. There will most certainly be a Playstation 5 in a few years time. I cant see Microsoft making a new box ever again.

It's not like Steam. I can buy a physical disk for the Xbone. For steam I can only download games. The Xbone has a 24 hour check period, steam has a month before it asks to connect to the internet. Couple that with massive sales and competiton such as GOG, Xbone is not even close to steam as a service. 

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja-Hippo
PS4 reminds me an awful lot of PSP and Vita. A great machine for gamers which garners a lot of love and hype from gamers, but ultimately it's the reason why Sony are in the financial mess they're in. They're going around the same circle of offering gamers better hardware and better graphics and the same fundamental experiences every few years. PSP showed that people didn't care about graphics. Vita has demonstrated that ten fold. PS4 I think may be the same. Graphics have reached a level of fidelity now that I really doubt the next COD or Madden will look good enough to urge many people to run out and replace the PS3 they already own, which still feels perfectly capable. Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :PTigerSuperman
Yes, MS not saying anything is hurting them bad, If if they debunk(and they will) all the rumors and statements, the air of anger and backslashing and all the people claiming everything is fact and MS purposefully saying nothing at all will be at a point where if Sony introduced the EXACT SAME features as is rumored for Xbox One they would get less backlash.

WTF are you talking about saying nothing.?

MS confirmed DRM for xbox one and online always require dude there is nothing more to say.. is game over..

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Everything will bet brought to light & set in stone come E3. Until then all there is speculation and hatred. Once MS makes things official & Sony shows their final hand, then we'll all know exactly what to say. 

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="navyguy21"]First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :Ptormentos

MS confirmed DRM for xbox one and online always require dude there is nothing more to say.. is game over..

WTF I am talking about is that you are wrong. Factually.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="navyguy21"]First - you have WAY too much time on your hands :P Second - They should. The used game rules are stupid. Third - Sony is smart. They will most likely have something similar, but they are letting MS take the heat :Ptormentos

They haven't confirmed DRM for the Xbone any more so than Sony have. They've just said they will allow publishers to do it if they want, but that they personally will not. Isn't that exactly what Sony's statement was? If xbone lets publishers stop you trading games, Sony more or less have to. They cant be in competition with a box that publishers prefer to theirs.
pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

Good news for kaz lol.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

It is still gonna sell like crazy.

JamDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JamDev
Member since 2013 • 992 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="I_can_haz"]":cry: b....bu....bu....but teh mainstream will love it because M$ has teh moniez" I knew this would happen. No company is immune from harsh criticism by the press if enough people out there are angry.

It will still sell tons because the mass market either doesnt care or arent well informed. Most still dont know about this, only those in the gaming industry. As i have said before, most of the kids i work with want one, but have no idea they might not be able to play used or rented games. The casual market are extremely uninformed, which is why they buy what they see on tv or what their friends have.

A lot of these stories are getting out into the mass media channels now. BBC, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and the Guardian aren't exactly niche gaming outlets. Not to mention this stuff is all over social media, twitter, facebook etc. This idea that there is a huge group of casual consumers that are unaware of everything happening on the internet and that will not do any research whatsoever before spending $400 on a high tech games machine is a complete fallacy, and all the more ridiculous when it concerns a device that literally requires an internet connection to function. This is just the beginning of the backlash spreading out from hardcore gamers to the mass market, those kids you work with will likely be saying something very different a couple of weeks from now.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

PS4 reminds me an awful lot of PSP and Vita. A great machine for gamers which garners a lot of love and hype from gamers, but ultimately it's the reason why Sony are in the financial mess they're in. They're going around the same circle of offering gamers better hardware and better graphics and the same fundamental experiences every few years. PSP showed that people didn't care about graphics. Vita has demonstrated that ten fold. PS4 I think may be the same. Graphics have reached a level of fidelity now that I really doubt the next COD or Madden will look good enough to urge many people to run out and replace the PS3 they already own, which still feels perfectly capable. Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.Ninja-Hippo

Stop been a joke the reason why sony is in financial problems was the damn PS3 which they give player to much for to little,it was to expensive to make and they pay for it.

I hate people like you who defend companies like MS who all they do is rip off people,and then you flame sony who yeah loss a ton of money by giving people the best hardware a dollar has even buy in terms of value.

Is incredible how you give MS who just strip you of your rights as a gamer to sell something you legally own and give sony such a hard time,people like you deserve to be rip off by companies like MS,we have a say here that people get what they deserve..

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

what is funny to me is that regular consumers  won't remember this was all negative stories.

all they will rem this fall is xbox xbox xbox.

sorry but that is just human nature.

toyota sales increased during the middle of a huge recall in which the cars accelerated uncontrollably and were plowing into things.

why?

because they got free commercials on the news every night.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-01/toyota-s-u-s-sales-surge-42-unhurt-by-recalls-nissan-hyundai-climb.html

life is funny.  ;)

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 legalize82
[QUOTE="tormentos"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] Yes, MS not saying anything is hurting them bad, If if they debunk(and they will) all the rumors and statements, the air of anger and backslashing and all the people claiming everything is fact and MS purposefully saying nothing at all will be at a point where if Sony introduced the EXACT SAME features as is rumored for Xbox One they would get less backlash.Ninja-Hippo

They haven't confirmed DRM for the Xbone any more so than Sony have. They've just said they will allow publishers to do it if they want, but that they personally will not. Isn't that exactly what Sony's statement was? If xbone lets publishers stop you trading games, Sony more or less have to. They cant be in competition with a box that publishers prefer to theirs.

man stfu defending this bullcrap... go buy your drmbox leave ps4 for the true gamers
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ninja-Hippo

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="tormentos"]

legalize82

man stfu defending this bullcrap... go buy your drmbox leave ps4 for the true gamers

PS4 is gonna have the exact same DRM. COD will not be DRM on the xbox and free-for-all on the PS4. Will never happen. Sorry to break it to you.

quick EDIT: I can never be a 'true gamer' as I've already lost my virginity and graduated college.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

They deserve the backlash.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

PS4 reminds me an awful lot of PSP and Vita. A great machine for gamers which garners a lot of love and hype from gamers, but ultimately it's the reason why Sony are in the financial mess they're in. They're going around the same circle of offering gamers better hardware and better graphics and the same fundamental experiences every few years. PSP showed that people didn't care about graphics. Vita has demonstrated that ten fold. PS4 I think may be the same. Graphics have reached a level of fidelity now that I really doubt the next COD or Madden will look good enough to urge many people to run out and replace the PS3 they already own, which still feels perfectly capable. Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.Ninja-Hippo

Exactly most gamer hate steam when it's first launch and the said it's anti custumer bla bla bla well look at it now ,microsoft say that they will not control games price on xbox marketplace who know maybe it will become steam like

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I can't imagine why.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] They haven't confirmed DRM for the Xbone any more so than Sony have. They've just said they will allow publishers to do it if they want, but that they personally will not. Isn't that exactly what Sony's statement was? If xbone lets publishers stop you trading games, Sony more or less have to. They cant be in competition with a box that publishers prefer to theirs.Ninja-Hippo

PS4 is gonna have the exact same DRM. COD will not be DRM on the xbox and free-for-all on the PS4. Will never happen. Sorry to break it to you.

quick EDIT: I can never be a 'true gamer' as I've already lost my virginity and graduated college.

Man fvck Call of Duty and sh*t like it. Let's talk about first party. Sony already said they wont have drm for that, but Microsoft will. Now what?

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ninja-Hippo

Man fvck Call of Duty and sh*t like it. Let's talk about first party. Sony already said they wont have drm for that, but Microsoft will. Now what?

Bigboi500
This would be a compelling point had Microsoft not literally said the exact opposite of what you are claiming.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 legalize82
[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"][QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"] They haven't confirmed DRM for the Xbone any more so than Sony have. They've just said they will allow publishers to do it if they want, but that they personally will not. Isn't that exactly what Sony's statement was? If xbone lets publishers stop you trading games, Sony more or less have to. They cant be in competition with a box that publishers prefer to theirs.

and who started this crap ? evil empire MS who knows people like u are donkeys.. yhis is a last minute decision why do u think this pile of crap is not ready atlaunch ? they had pretty muchother plans more evil but they heard the internets and made it look softer... bah
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 legalize82

[QUOTE="Ninja-Hippo"]PS4 reminds me an awful lot of PSP and Vita. A great machine for gamers which garners a lot of love and hype from gamers, but ultimately it's the reason why Sony are in the financial mess they're in. They're going around the same circle of offering gamers better hardware and better graphics and the same fundamental experiences every few years. PSP showed that people didn't care about graphics. Vita has demonstrated that ten fold. PS4 I think may be the same. Graphics have reached a level of fidelity now that I really doubt the next COD or Madden will look good enough to urge many people to run out and replace the PS3 they already own, which still feels perfectly capable. Microsoft have made a machine not aimed to appease gamers at all from the looks of things, but I have no doubt it will probably be a successful and popular machine because it's more in-tune with the future and what the broader population wants. The always-on, always-connected, cloud-based, all your games stored online, instant-gratification kind of setup is rejected from traditional gamers but exactly what people have wanted and bought into with every other entertainment industry. Look at iTunes, Netflix, Kindle. Microsoft want the xbox to be the gaming equivalent of those services. An entertainment service provider moreso than a platform holder.nyzma23

Exactly most gamer hate steam when it's first launch and the said it's anti custumer bla bla bla well look at it now ,microsoft say that they will not control games price on xbox marketplace who know maybe it will become steam like

riiiighhhthtttt hahahahahabahahahahhahahahahah
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ninja-Hippo
[QUOTE="legalize82"] and who started this crap ? evil empire MS who knows people like u are donkeys.. yhis is a last minute decision why do u think this pile of crap is not ready atlaunch ? they had pretty muchother plans more evil but they heard the internets and made it look softer... bah

I dont think Microsoft invented DRM, and again I am sorry to ruin your life, but Sony patented DRM for games years ago. Not to mention being one of the pioneers of DRM with CDs and MP3s. Sony is not a philanthropic organisation that just wants to spread joy through the world. They need publishers on their side and will court them with anything that makes them happy, just like Microsoft. It is anti-consumer, certainly, but it's the way entertainment has been going for years. Five years from now discs will be a memory.
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
When it comes to consoles, the X1 is like a celebrity that you're going to hear everything about, good or bad. Meanwhile the ps4 is that average joe that no one cares about.