SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SBK91
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts

Because the GFAQs mods hate GMG with a passion.

[spoiler] RAGE/VIOLATION NOTES: Not going to note it in coverage, but assume I spend time evading/blocking/running away whenever rage gets close to full. There's been about 10 instances where I've activated rage without paying attention, but so long as I didn't land an altered hit (s4b, s5, s6, t3, Fire bomb, etc) and immediately let it drain, I pushed forward. Have set off two Fire bombs, one against Castor S2 and another against the Siren in the Infected/Siren/Gorgon fight. I've haven't been treating picking up WW's to prevent enemies from using them as a violation so long as I didn't use them.

My apologies for the violations, but Ascension. W1 of ToA can be treated as a NUR run, correct?

Prison of the Damned

Aegean:Mouth:Interior

-Grabs. Hold block and the analog stick for faster cancels and more control.

Aegean:Entrance:Hall

-Grabs.

Aegean:Entranceath

-Grabs

Aegean:Entranceamaged Bridge

- Grabs

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Hall A

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Cell Block

-Tether to CG until red halo, then grab.

Aegean:Arm:Interior:Hall B

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Exteriorath A

-Navigate

Aegean:Arm:Exteriorath B

-Tether to O toss to ringout the soldiers (holding both analogs in the direction I want to toss), then grab the bugs.

-

Infected Hand 1

S1P1 - Stayed in the center and avoided attacks as necessary. s,s,t was the quickest method of damaging him I tried.

S1P2 - Same, but baited an attack from the middle and dodged before countering.

S2P1 - Waited for it to attack, ran to the holes in the side to avoid, then s,s,s,s (Plume won't connect).

S2P2 - Baited an attack, jumped into a hole then quickly jumped out, attacking while it was stuck.

-Slide

Aegean:Sewers

-Navigate

Aegean:Abdomen:Exterior

-Pull lever

-O tossed the lot of them over the side.

-Pull Chain

Aegean:Abdomen:Interior

-Walk

-Grab ringouts.

-Same, with grab kills for the bugs.

-Grab ringouts.

-Grapple

Aegean:The Guardhouse

-Pull lever, return and pull chain

-Waited for an attack, ran around then Plume. Grabbed once stunned, then used the square swipe on the Infected.

-Pull chain, grapple and QTE wall

Aegean:Arm:Exterior

Infected Hand 2

S1 - Plume whored from the center, dodging left/right as the corresponding hand attacked. With both hands around me, more Plume whoring.

S2 - By standing against the right, most of the bugs it fires will run into it and fall to their deaths. Cleaned up the remainder with grabs, then stayed right, rolled left to avoid its hand attack, and used Plume for damage.

S3 - Used the bug trick, then alternated between the left and right sides, dodging attacks while Pluming.

Aegean:Ribs:Interior:Hall

-Pull lever

Aegean:Ribs:Interior:Elevator

-Grabbed them from off the elevator (seems to be an AI boundary), and kicked them into the gears.

-Interact with lift

- Tossed 'em into the lift.

-Interact with clamps and lift

-Immediately grabbed the elevator.

-Navigate

Aegean:Brothel

Aegean:Head Platform:Exterior

-Ringout soldiers, grab bugs.

Infected Head

-Used Wulf's method of getting the soldiers to the upper left corner, then going to the lower right to make them taunt. Couldn't inflict enough damage with Plume before dying, so I resorted to s,s,s,s and took a few hits. Ugly handling.

Infected Hand 3

-Block walk, run up and spam Plume. Rinse and repeat.
-Do the mini-game.
Kirraath

-Navigate

Kirra:Market

-Grab killed the dogs, then got one Jugg off screen to the right. Waited for the other to tire out then s,s,s,s. Do the same to the second once the first is dead.

Kirraath A

-Fire Parasites-Grabs.

-Navigate

Kirra:Fire Trial

-Use Fire Dump

-A combination of CG, WB and air OS.

-Use Magic

- Ditto.

Kirraath B

-

Kirra:Satyr Arena

-Immediately killed the spear users with square hits. Lured the captain underneath the ledge, then chipped him to death with air t1. Kited the rest one by one, chipping them with square before switching to grabs.

Kirraath C

-Grab whore the harpies, square hits for sling users.

-Navigate

Kirra:Waterwheel Puzzle

-Square hits.

-Puzzle

Kirraath D

-Navigate

-Sidle

-Grabs.

Kirra:Streets

-Lured the harpies away from the dogs and took them out with square hits and grabs, then grab killed the dogs.

Kirra:Roller Puzzle

-Do it and return to the pillar

Kirra:Gate

-Got her close and square chipped (see a pattern?).

Cistern:Hall A

-Navigate

Cistern:Arena

-Grabs.

Cistern:Hall B

-Grabs

-Slide and Navigate

Passage to Delphi:Ice Trial

-Mostly WB, with some CG's if rage gets too high.

Passage to Delphiath

-Navigate

Passage to Delphiython A

-Ride

Tower of Delphi:Shaft:Exterior

-Navigate

Tower of Delphi:Shaft:Interior

-Navigate

Tower of Delphi:Neck

-Used tether to destroy the eggs and grab whored the manticore spawns.

Tower of Delphi:Head

Chimera

(Snake)-Ran it around in circles, using square hits if it used the tail swipe. Did nothing after the charge.

(Lion)-If it used ice breath, stay away. Claw swipe, block 1st, roll to the side for the second, then go for square hits.

(Goat)-Rolled sideways to avoid its attacks while square chipping.

-Chain

Delphiython B:Interior A

-Slide

-Ripped the shields off the satyrs then rung them out. Tether the eggs and grab harpies.

Delphiython B:Exterior A

-Swing and navigate

Delphiython B:Interior B:Electric Trial

-WB's and tosses.

Delphiython B:Exterior B

-Slide, grapple, navigate, grapple, QTE

Delphiython B:Interior C

-Slide, jump and grapple

Delphiython B:Exterior C

-Kept to the left, dealing with the harpies first then kick the dogs OOBs. Grabs abound.

-Grapple, navigate and QTE

Delphiython C:Exterior A

-Grabs for ringouts.

-Slide, jump, grapple, navigate and swing

Temple of Delphi:Exterior A

-Slide

-Used air t1 to destroy the nest, then grabs (bugs first, going for shatters).

-Grapple

Delphiython C:Exterior B

-Start ride

-Got the satyrs to the back then rolled to the front and let them taunt.

-Grapple

Delphiython C:Exterior C

-Tossed a couple into the hole.

-Grapple, navigate and grapple

Delphiython C:Interior

-Slide, jump and slide

Delphiython C:Exterior D

-As above.

-Grapple and navigate

Delphiython C:Exterior E

-Got them taunting, then T to control them when close until I could grapple away.

-Grapple, swing, slide and jump

-Grapple

Tower of Delphi:Shaft:Exterior

-Navigate

Towerof Delphi:Shaft:Interior

-Navigate

Tower of Delphi:Neck

-Navigate

Tower of Delphi:Head

Manticore

S1 - Seems to come down after a couple fire sweeps. Stood in front of it at a distance and let it do so. Once it was on the ground, got close, let it use its tail swipe, ran up to it and square chipped. If it roared, Plume.

S2 -Block the tail stab, ran counterclockwise slightly then rolled to avoid fire breath, attacking as before. When the spawns came out, ran away and grab whored. Big thing is anticipating the fire breath without the stab beforehand.

-Pull

Temple of Delphi:Bridge

-Cross

Temple of Delphi:Front Gate

-Open

Temple of Delphi:Cerberus Mongrel Arena

-Used grabs to ringout all the pups, then stayed close to the Mongrel to prevent it from burrowing. If it did, stay away from the first hit then jump and air t1 for the duration. Square chipping, blocked the breath.

Temple of Delphi:Mist Gate

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Hall

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Eastside Hall

-Let them come down the hall, then ran up and to the left side. Captain got stuck on geometry, took off the shield then CG until red halo on the grunt. For the Captain, T->OH seems to be the fastest way to kill them and doesn't build much rage.

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Eastside Hall:Room A

-Didn't find the fights in these next to rooms.

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Eastside Hall:Room B

-

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Westside Hall

-Launch with T during lightning strikes or immediately after the scream, then juggled with s,s,s,s; air s,s,s or air t1's. Later found T to s,s,t x2 worked better. Lawdy did this take long.

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Westside Hall:Room A

-

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Westside Hall:Room B

-Mist

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Soul Trial

-Grab targeting sucks here. Fails to connect with a downed satyr right at point blank. Air grabs and WB's.

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Catacombs Chamber

-Got one taunting while attacking the other. Square chipping after eruptions, s,s,t after double swipe.

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Catacombs Chamber

-Navigate and pull lever

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Catacombs Hall A

-Navigate and cross

Temple of DelphI:Lower Halls:Catacombs Hall B

- Grabs.

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Hourglass Puzzle:Chamber

-Square hits on the phantoms. Got the wraiths in a burrow->tether->OH loop.

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Hourglass Puzzle:Chamber

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Catacombs Chamber

-Isolated the satyr and ripped Shield. You can guess what came next.

Temple of Delphi:Upper Halls:Catacombs Chamber

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Lower Halls:Hourglass Puzzle:Chamber

-Do puzzle

Temple of Delphi:Oracle's Chamber:Bridge

-Navigate

Temple of Delphi:Oracle's Chamber:Arena

Castor and Pollux

-Toss rock

S1 - Destroy the pillars and toss rocks. A little bit of square chipping puts him over.

S2 - Block burst and respond with s,s,t. His dive is a good opening. Rolled around and square chipped.

S3 - More rock tosses. Block teleporting slashes, if he finishes with a swipe respond with plume. His grab is your primary concern.

S4 - Stay close and go for square hits. Block his first two melee hits and roll to avoid the finisher. For the spin and spray, block the first then roll as the second is in sight. For the stream, block first two then roll (may fail if he's too far away).

S5 - Same, but with rock tosses.

S6 - Beat the crap out of him.

Passage to Delphi:Bridge

-Stomp and get AoU

-Puzzle and navigation

Passage to Delphiath

-Navigation

Passage to Delphi:AoU Trial

- Assumed the spawns were infinite until you used AoU. Use AoU after the gate goes up but before the spawns show up and it goes down. Lure them to the previous passage and their AI breaks. Hit the first Satyr that spawns with AoU and no more show up.

Cistern:Hall B

-Got satyrs to the entrance then T->OH until armor breaks, then CG until dead. Siren got T followed by two Plumes.

Cistern:Arena

-Went to the right of the drop and got the Captain to charge me, T->OH until dead. Then grabbed the dogs.

Cistern:Hall A

-Navigation

Kirra:Gate

-Grabbed dogs, baited attacks from Cyclops and responded with Plume. Grabbed it once stunned and took out as many bugs as possible, then grabbed the rest. Killing them activates a checkpoint. Weird. Finished the Cyclops.

-AoU bridge

Kirraath D

-Navigation

Kirra:Waterwheel Puzzle

-Do it

Kirra:Grotto:Swim Tube A

-Navigation

Kirra:Grotto:Gate

-Got second taunting while I dealt with the first. The extreme left/right is an AI boundary. Chipped with Plumes.

-Puzzle

Kirra:Grotto:Swim Tube B

-Navigation

Mogrel+Infected-Tossed out the Infected and dealt with the Mongrel as before. Toss out remaining Infected.

Empusa-Get some distance, bait the charge and spin, then T to OH. Rinse and repeat.

Triple Infected-WB's

Quadruple Infected-CG

Martyr's Chamber-Did it

Cell Block revisited-R1, o to kill the infected, then killed the Siren via T-> s,s,t x2. Grab kill the new infected then square chip the Gorgon.

Delos Landing

Lure the satyrs down the pier one at a time, using T->CG until the armor comes off, then CG until red halo. Got the captain near the man with the spear (away from the others) and T->OH. Kill satyrs as before.

For the fight after landing, went to the wooden structure near the back, luring them individually and using T->CG/s,s,s,s to ring them out. For some reason, tether seems to fail while they're aerial.

Lightning Taloses-Kept one taunting as long as I could while following the other's attacks with s,s,t. Baited the lightning attack to end aura state quicker.

Unarmed Juggernaut-In the first stage, you can either keep your distance picking away at it with Plumes (a la Taz) and it'll taunt continuously, or lure it onto the NW platform then stay up against the north wall and Plume (breaking line of sight breaks its AI). Do the grab as it comes up (you can get a Plume in beforehand). If you keep it on the platform for its second stage, its AI will remain broken and unable to respond.

Empusa+Harpies-T->OH the Empusa offscreen to the left, then spawn the rightmost harpy. Kill it with grabs, then T->OH the Empusa to death. Spawn the rest of the harpies and grab em.

1st Amazon Fight-Stay near the back and grab kill the harpies. The Amazon can be square chipped and reversed to death. Never noticed how damn durable they are. They're vulnerable to being launched after a reversal.

Convey ride-Held block until it was over.

Double Sirens-Got one Siren near the upper right area, breaking line of sight with the other. The upper right wall is a bit of an AI boundary, picked her apart with Plumes, then used the T->s,s,t x2 method to kill the other. Took a while.

The next bug nest was surprisingly durable. Took it out with s,s,s,s then grabbed the bugs.

Centaur fight-Reversed the centaurs to death. For the Amazon, reversal->T->s,s,s,s for a ringout.

Meg

S1-Plume whored the Spartans until the next stage started.
S2-Let her corner me, blocked her swipes and responded with square hits. Watch out for the Spartans.
S3-Same, but jump over her shockwave. Her attacks knock the Spartans back. You can stand at the upper right and left corners of the 'T' and she won't be able to grab you.
S4P1-Used Wulf's method of killing the Spartans (via Plumes), then attacking her while she summons more. You can get in two air t1s each summoning.
S4P2-Same, she's just on a different side.
S4P3-Try as I may, I couldn't find an PAIN+ legal way of damaging her. Tried air t1s and air s,s,s. Her bug tosses can screw you while she summons, so I used the Javelin.

Tissy

S1-Stayed close. Blocked the first three hits of her melee combo, evaded the third and responded with Plume (good damage and staggers her). Avoided shotgun blast.
S2-Roll around like an idiot, using square hits when she was vulnerable. You want to go for the full string to keep things speedy.

Dual Furies

S1-Wait for a tag team attack, block/avoid it as necessary, then s,s,t x2 on Meg. In the meantime, kept my distance and square chipped.
S2P1-Roll around getting square hits as I pass. It can be hard to get rage to drain here.
S2P2-Same.
S2P3-Same.

OSoO Trial-Use the Oath Stone to stop the infinite spawns, then ring them all out with grabs.

Mongrel/Amazon-Grab kill all the dogs. Get the Mongrel to the right side (Amazon offscreen) and square chip. Once he's down, reversal->T->s,s,s,s for the ringout. [/spoiler]

MustafaEl-Deeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MustafaEl-Deeb
Member since 2013 • 786 Posts
Congrats!!! You're the first one to do GoW:A PAIN+
SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SBK91

Thanks Deeb, but I haven't finished the run yet. Up to ToA.

[spoiler] Fire Elevator (Talos/Satyrs)

Ride it up until the satyrs come out, then deactivate OSoO to prevent the Talos from spawning. Keep away from them and whore Plume until mid grab, then BR into a wall for instant death. Ride up, and when the Talos appears, stay along the outside to keep him taunting until you reach the top (no fire). Then Plume his ass to death, clean up the Satyrs as before.

Captainx2, Shielded Satyr-Strip the shield and grab the satyr to death. From there, pick away at the Captains with T->OH.

Furnace (Cyclops/harpies)-You can break the wood barrier and go into the room for an AI boundary; spam Plume from inside until the Cyclops dies, then ring out the harpies with grabs.

Furnace (Gorgon/sling users)-Tricky without OSoO. Get the Gorgon to the lower left corner (south of the chest) to force the Satyrs to taunt, then t,s her to death. From there, stay along the southern boundary and pick away at the Satyrs with T->CG (Plumes work too). Go back to the sweet spot if they start tossing crap to reset their AI. You can ring some out at the very beginning, but be careful of CGing yourself over the edge. Long fight.

Satyrs in fire walls-R1,o to toss them into the walls. A matter of execution.

Shoulder of Apollo-What makes this difficult is the shield users. Their taunt causes them to charge you from anywhere and Kratos prioritizes them for grabbing (praise Allah). If you trigger the checkpoint above without stripping their shields, they'll become ungrabable. Take the shields off and start the checkpoint, they get them back, become ungrabable but get the sword moveset. So I started by stripping the shields off the initial three, rung them out via R1,o, then triggered the checkpoint. WB the Satyrs into the Juggs (alternate between satyrs to prevent OH from building rage) until the mid grab, then do it. You want to direct the Juggs into each other, but not the Saytrs. No saytrs around, end the charge early. Two midgrabs and the next is red halo. Their charge has enough active frames to get you out of grabs, and can lead to stunlocks. Finally got lucky and severely weakened the last Jugg before the second wave of shielded saytrs showed up, then WBed the saytrs over the edge.

1st platform assent-Toss the dogs/T->CG the saytrs into the fire.

2nd platform assent-Plume the Talos until his second aura, then the saytrs will show up. From there you can hang around the edges until a dog spawns and kick them into the fire. Once you're at the top, Plume->BR the saytrs into a wall and Plume chip the Talos.

Eyes of Apollo-s4 to get rid of the phantom wraiths. Once the real wraith shows up, let it burrow then tether->OH->repeat. Use T->OH to kill the Captains, retreating to the south wall (AI boundary) once the wraith shows up. Loop it once the Captains are dead. Two Sirens and a wraith with no AI boundary on PAIN+? Not a snowball's chance in Satan's pants. Got the Hell out.

Manticore-I assume the checkpoint is purposefully broken. Plume after fire breath until it dies, grab the spawns. [/spoiler]

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrStarkiller
Member since 2008 • 18984 Posts

Deeb: >first to do GoW:A PAIN+

Oh?  So that was the run he was doing.  I was only starting to notice the run progress coverage when the rogue mod acted out again (180 days with 180 karma loss).  This should be amusing.  I hadn't finished with testing, but I did make a lot of plans for what I might do were I do handle things in PAIN+.  Should be an interestesting read.

SBK: >hate GMG

Just the younglings.  The older mods merely stick to unfailingly backing other mods even when they know they're wrong while keeping to the policy of secrecy.  I'll just outlast the boy like any other.

>spoiler

>rage violation notice

Noted.  Though, in some specific cases, knowing how you opted to buy time to let it drain and all that is good information to share.  Being that I'm likely the only one to read completely through, I suppose it doesn't matter too much.  You go over any of my vanilla H and (in-progress) VH NG+ coverage regarding testing that might help with this run? I believe we discussed some concerns here and there, but I've spoken with many, so I forget specifics of what I've said and with whom.  Feels like it has been awhile since our last exchange.

>run skeleton

A shame I had not yet finished this up before this was to be made.

>W1 ToA in PAIN+

As far as we're concerned, all restrictions lift on W1.  So treating it like NUR+ is fine.  W2 and beyond are back to PAIN+ conditions.  However, for the asterisk, you know what must be done.  You ever review the Adel PAIN video where we go over (in comments) thoughts for approach this in PAIN+?

At any rate, I'll have to review this at length when an opening appears, SBK.  I've got a lot of runners right now. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SBK91

180 days with 180 karma loss

Happy Holidays?

Though, in some specific cases, knowing how you opted to buy time to let it drain and all that is good information to share.

Feel free to ask about anything. Two cases that jump to mind are the Meg/Tissy fight once Meg gets the barrier ( run around normally instead of rolling) and the ledge above the chest in SoA. Many times, it's just blocking (Gorgons) or sticking to an AI boundary.

You go over any of my vanilla H and (in-progress) VH NG+ coverage regarding testing that might help with this run?

I recall up to Castor in H NG+, but not VH.

W2 and beyond are back to PAIN+ conditions.

Wish they took out the fire in the patch, it's far more dangerous than the Talos.

However, for the asterisk, you know what must be done.

Not going for the asterisk this run. How the Hell did they expect us to do anything with nonstop lightning and super armor? You don't have time to do a T->s,s,s,s string on a spawning Siren before the other or Gorgon clobbers you.

You ever review the Adel PAIN video where we go over (in comments) thoughts for approach this in PAIN+?

I recall juggling them over the side doesn't work.

At any rate, I'll have to review this at length when an opening appears, SBK. I've got a lot of runners right now.

No rush. Not like I want to get back to the run.

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SBK91

All done.

[spoiler]

ToA

W1-Treated it like a NUR+. Stayed at the corners of the outer rim and whored OSoO until a Gorgon reached red halo, grabbed her (waiting for an attack to let OSoO cooldown). Get next to Gorgons to red halo, grab one, then sprint o1 to knock them out of bounds. Use magic, grab other haloed Gorgon, use magic again. Was down to one Gorgon and Siren; used OSoO and Siren got red halo. Finished Gorgon from the sidelines.

W2-Toss out the harpies. Had almost no health left, so reverse whored the Amazons to death. Get them both near the edge and they might start grabbing you continuously. Talos showed up. By pressing against the walls and being a little away from him, you can get him taunting, and use Plumes with impunity or slip past the fire. Otherwise, block and respond with Plume. Bait the lightning attack when he starts his aura to end it faster.

W3-Alternate between the back and front of the room, reverse whoring the Centaur until red halo. Used Adel's method of pressing against the front wall to get the Wraiths taunting, then provoked the burrow from there. Get one burrowing along the wall and the other won't attack (similar to HCB Saytrs). Tether->OH until dead. Use Plume if the inactive one gets too close for comfort.

Empusa x2-Got one along the upper boundary (so the other would taunt) and square chipped her to death, then T->OH on the other.

Furies

Tissy and Spartans-Alternate between the back and front of the ship to avoid the Spartans, letting Tissy knock them overboard. Respond to her attacks with Plume.

Tentacle 1-Whore Plume while blocking the ink. s4 is instant rage.

Tentacle 2-Triple stab is blockable. For the double slam, roll to the right of the mast to avoid the first, then roll to the lower left and block the second (you can block the tip, but not the arm). Block ink, use the EoT to remove the shielding and Plume.

Alecto

Phase 1-Plume is your offense. The bite will miss so long as you're on the other edge. Roll to the same side as the tenctacles to avoid ink/stab. Jump then air t1 over the shockwave (rolling towards it works in a pinch). Attack during roar.

Phase 2-Everything from phase 1 applies. The key is to be aggressive and attack Alecto at every opportunity, even if it's just a few square hits. Stay the Hell away from Tissy; her charge is predictable, her other attacks aren't. If you get Tissy offscreen, she'll sometimes stop attacking. Lots of deaths from shotgun blasts, shockwaves, and evasions failing against Tissy's physical attacks.

Phase 3-Same as Phase 1, but shorter. [/spoiler]

Overall, I'd say this is the easiest PAIN+. Plume is pretty good for damage and there's a AI boundary in almost every fight, most of which have relatively few enemies. SoA isn't bad other than grabbing Shield users and accidental rage build up. Furies can be tricky with backup and ToA W1 is broken.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrStarkiller

>Happy Holidays

And a Happy New Year.  Been a busy week.  More evaluations than I can handle even without the distractions right now.  Quite the backlog building even with the GoW:A testing put on the backburner.  This with TUGOWU proper as the fastest and most active board among the GoW community right now.  Let that sink in.

>feel free to ask

And I will when the time comes.

>run around normally

Works well enough generally speaking.

>ledge above chest for SoA

Ah, yes.

>often just blocking

>or AI boundaries

To be expected.

>up to Castor

In the vanilla H run?  That still leaves a great deal of coverage even with VH NG+  left at where it is (return to Kirra).

>the fire trap

I don't mind it.  I do mind that it doesn't really hurt foes like it ought to.  Having it one-way like that is not very GoW at all.

>not going for asterisk

Understandable.

>how did they

Item and magic spam (for glorified Normal).  Beyond that, they don't care how things turn out.  Slap chipping with great care is the extent of our options with PAIN+.  I still can't believe they made a unique barrier rule for this section to prevent juggle or launch based ring-out on Amazons and Siren Sibyls.  It was dickish enough that the Gorgons couldn't be sent over the side at least at the opening in the rails (nevermind making the fire trap deal appreciable damage).  Smart play with the environment used to be rewarded richly.

>recall juggling doesn't work

That wasn't the talk I was referring to.  This was after we confirmed that was the case and a discussion was held about what to do after coming to understand this reality.

>not like I want to get back to the run

A mutual feeling.  I'd MAKE time for an entry I liked.  Having to go back to it while testing MAX stuff (I'll likely never use again) and making the run skeleton just makes it more of a pain.  When these tasks are done, I'll be more willing to do work.  Then I'll be less motivated than ever when contending with percentile/values testing (with how things are this time). 

>all done

My, my.

>t0 pretty good for damage

A sad thing to hear with it having been nerfed in damage and hit properties.

>AI boundaries abound

I just knew they would help (for VH).

>SoA shield priority with grabs

Yes, that's something to look out for.  Adel demonstrated careful handling can somewhat avoid this becoming an issue.

>accidental rage buildup

Managing rage in general is a bit obnoxious.

>ToA W1 is broken

To be sure. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SBK91

This with TUGOWU proper as the fastest and most active board among the GoW community right now.

My word.

Having it one-way like that is not very GoW at all.

Which is why it fits Ascension so well.

Item and magic spam (for glorified Normal).

They hate melee in this entry. One Soul dump gets the same (or better) results on a stunned Cyclops as multiple Ice t,t,t's. Why ever bother meleeing Talos once you have OSoO? Upgrades or not, one use forces the aura. No need to get close and risk damage. Did they think this was SWFU?

Slap chipping with great care is the extent of our options with PAIN+.

Even for Taz, chipping for that long under such dangerous circumstances with unsafe tools seems unreasonable.

I still can't believe they made a unique barrier rule for this section to prevent juggle or launch based ring-out on Amazons and Siren Sibyls.

Especially when ring-out is THE way of handling Sirens on VH.

(nevermind making the fire trap deal appreciable damage).

I don't think the W1 fire deals any damage.

Smart play with the environment used to be rewarded richly.

It's a series staple, one of the ways GoW could keep up with more technical Action games.

This was after we confirmed that was the case and a discussion was held about what to do after coming to understand this reality.

In that case, I don't recall it.

Then I'll be less motivated than ever when contending with percentile/values testing (with how things are this time).

Bet the Soul dump and OSoO will be fun.

A sad thing to hear with it having been nerfed in damage and hit properties.

Double hits go a long way.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrStarkiller

>my word

Yes, that is an appropriate reaction.  Such is the state GoW:A left the community in.

>why it fits Ascension

>for not being very GoW

True enough.

>hate melee

One gets that impression, but they also don't love magic.  Really, they love what is 'new' and try to encourage that.  Strangely, they mostly failed on that front too.  OSoO is about all that stands out as OP.

>why bother

Outside restrictions one puts on oneself?  No good reason.

>think this was SWFU1

If they did, they shouldn't have restricted ring-out, friendly fire, collisions, traps, etc. so much.  SWFU1 did all that quite well.

>even for Taz

>seems unreasonable

Maybe.  He certainly didn't seem interested in suffering through a bad entry just to challenge that section in those conditions.

>the way to handle Sirens on VH

Aside from a section or so preventing it even with an obvious ring-out zone around us.  Terrible.

>doesn't deal any damage

That's the impression I get.  Wulf seems to believe it does a tiny amount.  I'm unconvinced.

>series staple

Part of what seperated it from DMC very clearly.

>don't recall it

It would be a comment exchange in one of his (Adel's) videos.  Likely the SoA coverage for VH PAIN.

>bet Soul Dump and OSoO will be fun to test

Among others.

>double hits

That and higher base value on primary (aside from a secondary). 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SBK91

Such is the state GoW:A left the community in.

Had Tameem focused on trashing Ascension instead of DMC proper, he'd have been right on most accounts.

Really, they love what is 'new' and try to encourage that.

Slow, combat-free wall navigation and cart racing?

Strangely, they mostly failed on that front too.

But the Sword is so useful, it's just as strong as an unupgraded Blade hit and if you hold O, comes out really fast!

Part of what seperated it from DMC very clearly.

Along with grabs (butchered), collisions (nerfed), power % ignoring attacks (gone), petrification (worthless), etc. One of my ToA W1 attempts had a Siren petrified in midair. She remained floating off the ground.

Likely the SoA coverage for VH PAIN.

Noted.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrStarkiller

>Tammy

I trust you're aware of this 'dream' regarding GoW, yes?

>cart racing

Sliding is da bes.

>Sword WW

>useful

"You bet." - Marty Chang

>along with grabs

A style before Nero tried his hand (devilarm) with it.

>collisions

DMC was never much for it.  Bayonetta worked it in.

>power % ignoring attacks

This was never a thing in DMC at any point, eh?

>petrification

Wouldn't really fit DMC too well.  Or maybe it could with the right handling.  But probably not.  If it dropped XBOX huge HP values to lower levels, it could negate DT issues and DMC3's charge of making foes damage sponges for the DMC1 fanbase that critiques on this particular matter, I suppose. 

>floating petrified foes

Lots of that stuff aside from attempts to prevent airborne petrification by design.  Rarely do foes fall as statues and they don't always shatter when they do.  We don't always break in a single hit, upon falling, etc.  It's a mess. 

Wulf2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Wulf2K
Member since 2009 • 243 Posts

>W1 Fire = We don't need no water

>Wulf seems to believe it does a tiny amount.  I'm unconvinced.

I can't say for certain that it does HP damage, but it will stagger them out of an idle animation every 4 seconds and is capable of landing the final hit to send them to white halo, though does not build it up fast enough to stun them on its own.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrStarkiller

>it will stagger them

That much is clear.

>white halo

Sounds like stun build-up.  Damage is seperate from white halo aside from cases like bosses where that white halo is just for a QTE that won't actually end the boss (or rock tosses and the like).

>won't stun on its own

Stun outside specific attacks tends to build up very poorly. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SBK91

I trust you're aware of this 'dream' regarding GoW, yes?

That they'll never have to make another?

This was never a thing in DMC at any point, eh?

Not even for Nero's grabs (miserable failure that he is). Though Pandora's Omen might have gotten WORSE on higher settings outside power modifiers.

Wouldn't really fit DMC too well.

A bit too 'linear' a system past 3. DT petrification attacks for an ice weapon in DMC1 would have been neat.

If it dropped XBOX huge HP values to lower levels, it could negate DT issues and DMC3's charge of making foes damage sponges for the DMC1 fanbase that critiques on this particular matter, I suppose.

Part of the HP problem is DT being much weaker after 1 (1.15ish modifier vs 2.5). There are attacks that can quickly kill DMD foes if desired (DTE, RG, JC attacks, Style Crazy Combos).

Some want Nero to be the focus of DMC5 (if it happens). Claim Dante has peaked by four, and later iterations would just be different weapons/minor changes (despite DMC4 Dante being a step back from 3 and not having his inputs filled out), while Nero has more potential to grow. Make the Buster chargeable for different grabs, Exceed for multiple weapons *have to work for decent damage*, Hold useful, etc. This while admitting Dante was the more interesting character in 4.

Lots of that stuff aside from attempts to prevent airborne petrification by design.

That was intentional?

Stun outside specific attacks tends to build up very poorly.

For poor results outside mounted cases.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrStarkiller

>that they'll never have to make another

Papy's dream.  Tammy had the dream about making a GoW entry and forgetting to make bosses (at the point of Beta testing).

>Omen

The briefcase?  If so, I was disappointed with that move being so weak as it is.

>some want

Some should shut their whore mouths when series vets are talking.

>peaked by four

How so?  He took steps back.  He still had to recapture the old magic while catching up to Bayonetta.  This talk is a load of nonsense.

>more potential to grow

Being trash like he is, this isn't untrue.  His best potential?  Dying to give up his weapon, gun and style so Dante can show how it is done.  I don't care if they fill his dark soul with light.  Just make it happen.

>expansion of Buster

As a style, there should be plenty of room to improve on it.

>exceed

My issue with the system is chiefly not being able to use it well (timing).  The issue those that can do it have tends to be that it is pointless to not use it every time.  The system needed more to it.

>intentional

Can there be any other explanation?  Sheer incompetence?  MP code errors?

>poor results

Story of GoW:A. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SBK91

Tammy had the dream about making a GoW entry and forgetting to make bosses

Well, that Zeus/Leda love scene isn't going to direct itself, you know.

The briefcase?

Yes. On Normal, it one shots a Megascarecrow with a full Disaster gauge (Real Impact doesn't). On DMD, it often fails to kill a fresh scarecrow.

He still had to recapture the old magic while catching up to Bayonetta.

Exactly. He needed a moveset expansion like Ryu got from NG1 to NG2. Style switching isn't welcome when it nerfs them for balance and encourages having access to every weapon at once to match (and as a resulf, less weapons). His ground attacks are awkward, laggy, have fewer cancels, or weird hit properties (Lucifer).

This talk is a load of nonsense.

It surprised me coming from Psycho (the fellow who did the DMC3 speed run).

Dying to give up his weapon, gun and style so Dante can show how it is done.

And how. Though I don't know how much he'd care for a poor man's Rebellion/E&I.

As a style, there should be plenty of room to improve on it.

Weapon specific grabs would suit him better, IMO. Wouldn't have to give bosses a 20 second "GRAB ME" phase so they seem useful, and would have a more 'manual' feel.

The system needed more to it.

It's what Nero's fighting style is based on; fill a gauge and release. Not like Dante ever did that, right?

MP code errors?

B-b-but they said MP wouldn't affect SP quality.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrStarkiller

>swan rape

Neat.  Needs more golden showers though.

>scales very poorly

That's just said.  Having it stay consistent on that front would make it well worth the investment of the bothersome to fill (quickly) disaster gauge.

>moveset expansion

They can start by being sure that all that was in DMC3 and DMC4 make it in while looking back to DMC1 for some tempering of the 'crazy' (and having more worthy foes that are based on the combat system of that entry).

>talk from speedrunner

We don't always find ourselves agreeing with those otherwise capable.

>Blue Rose

He can spice it up.  More charge shots, double shots, higher damage, stronger hit properties, etc. to make-up for rate of fire and other issues.  Being a revolver, it would be a pity if 'Cowboy' Dante didn't make "Gunslinger" true to form with some Clint Eastwood quick draw nonsense.  Hell, maybe even add in some pistol whips just for style/insults (like a taunt that attacks lightly).

>weapon specific grabs

Also specific to foes?  With all that, I'd still want special cases like a ground-to-air (OH), air grab (aside from ground grab), maybe a behind grab, air-to-ground grab (Bayonetta), downed grab (we've had similar things before), grab pulls (to them, to us, swing around, etc.) and all that jazz.

>not like Dante ever did that

But what would this make of Nero?

>they said

They said many things, didn't they? 

>huge boss grab phases

Unlikely they will avoid this (GoW influence), but it can be reduced notably in size. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SBK91

Needs more golden showers though.

But that glorifies the 1%.

They can start by being sure that all that was in DMC3 and DMC4 make it in while looking back to DMC1 for some tempering of the 'crazy'

That's the ideal. They need to make DMC3/4's enemies more offensively capable (less time between attack cycles, quicker, projectiles) without packing them full of super armor/arbitrary shields. A few gimmicky foes like the Sins with multiple ways of approaching them. Probably won't be quite as tight as DMC1 with the larger moveset.

>Cowboy Dante

Fits him perfectly. A Crazy Combo firing multiple charge shots by rapidly pulling back the hammer with his palm would be dandy. Throw in a 'yee-haw'. Show Nero how it's done.

Hell, maybe even add in some pistol whips just for style/insults (like a taunt that attacks lightly).

Would work well as a neutral Style attack. Medium-light damage with knockdown and DT regain.

Also specific to foes?

Have only certain foes be grabbable (a la NG).

I'd still want special cases

Agreed.

maybe a behind grab

A Rebellion backstab would be pretty nifty.

But what would this make of Nero?

Even trashier. Luckily, Capcom was smart enough to take away his gauges and give him his own game (as Donte).

They said many things, didn't they?

Reducing violence against women was one of them.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MrStarkiller

>glorifies the 1%

Sounds good. Then Bayonetta can two-up him with a pure platinum shower as she breaks Zeus in.

>the ideal

No real chance of getting that (or another real DMC) it would seem.

>Sins

Most of them can be combined to make a more 'whole' foe.  Seems like a really simple fix being that most of them have the same weapon on them for their attacks anyway.

>yee-haw

Perhaps a line about people laughing at his X and how it gets the craziest idea they're laughing at it (offering to explain they didn't mean it should they apologize)?  Making his day?  Punks (read: Nero)?  That sort of thing?

>pistol whip usage

Couldn't be worse than that hop-over kick in DMC3.  Neat, but not really all that useful.  Using it (pistols) more like Gunkata even in the melee sense would be swell.  You recall the move in question, yes?

>only certain foes

I see.  No style upgrade to allow grab options for higher level foes (with more limited cases *not unlike GoW foes*)?

>backstab

Fill their Dark Souls with light?

NOTE: Dark Souls 2 has talk of a lot of new backstab animations, nerf to the damage they do, possibly most (if not all) cases losing i-frames, maybe some canceling options, etc. 

>his own game

Free to be as 'not Dante' as he likes.

>reducing violence against women

I didn't see any kitchens in GoW:A.  Can we be so sure the things we were facing were women at all?  It just don't add up. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SBK91

Then Bayonetta can two-up him with a pure platinum shower as she breaks Zeus in.

Could Tammy handle all that woman?

No real chance of getting that (or another real DMC) it would seem.

Maybe not. DmC is the worst selling entry in the franchise by a considerable margin; the 5 year development cycle and licensing Unreal couldn't have helped. One of Capcom's financial statements blamed poor earnings on a 'decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing', and shifting to more internal development. They still have Itsuno (if he's not busy working on DD2). So if they don't bury the franchise, there's good chance the next will be DMC proper. Nero could still ruin it, though after DmC maybe they'll want to go back to the fundamentals (Dante).

Most of them can be combined to make a more 'whole' foe.

Like a miniature Fallen. Engage with guns and aerial antics.

That sort of thing?

Give him a whip/chain weapon and we'll have ourselves a nice little rodeo.

Couldn't be worse than that hop-over kick in DMC3.

Free Ride? Needs collisions.

You recall the move in question, yes?

Gunkata making E&I into melee weapon equivalent would be excellent.

Glave suggested a staff for magical attacks that also worked as a quarter staff for FFXV. It'd be lovely (and OP) for DMC. Make us earn it with a super boss or clearing Bloody Palace.

No style upgrade to allow grab options for higher level foes (with more limited cases *not unlike GoW foes*)?

Why not? Have a grab that doesn't move the target (just Dante flipping about) and works on most anything.

Fill their Dark Souls with light?

"Trust me! I promise, I'll make things right for you. It's what my soul is telling me to do."-Dante

Dark Souls 2 has talk of a lot of new backstab animations, nerf to the damage they do, possibly most (if not all) cases losing i-frames, maybe some canceling options, etc.

You have to connect with a normal strike before the backstab proper starts. Doesn't just lock you both in now. Should still be serviceable for PVE. Wonder how it will affect PVP.

Like having actual dual wielding and the spell sword. Magic should be as potent as Dark Sorcery/Pyromancy. There's an item for restoring spell charges. Wonder if they'll address the default melee hit's dominance and casuals whining for an Easy difficulty. I'd like a higher difficulty/NG+ available from the start with different enemy layouts.

Can we be so sure the things we were facing were women at all?

You mean those things in the brothel...oh God.

It just don't add up.

How else could you explain their failure to stop a mortal (who didn't have the gods' support) and lack of foresight? Even if they had Ares and Kratos, what happens when they meet Athena riding Skorpius?

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MrStarkiller

>handle all that woman

"Nope~" - a s***

>worst selling

Like NG3 and GoW:A?

>blaming outscoucing

They asked for this.  Executive meddling is to blame (yet again).

>could still ruin it

Nero exists because of those executives.

>go back to fundamentals

Inconceivable.

>miniature Fallen

Could be.

>whip/chain

Like Kulshedra, then.  Hopefully expanded.  Goes with the cowboy thing not unlike the silly way he handled Gilgamesh (and the talk of using Blue Rose like a proper Gunlinger *Eastwood gun fights with quick draw on multiple foes*) with the boots and all that jazz.  'Uncle' Dante is suited by that well enough, I suppose.

>rodeo

The new grabs on a boss foe could very well equat to that.  If they're not careful, they'll catch Hell for mini-games/QTEs/CSAs as with GoW (and Bayonetta).

>Free Ride

I don't mean the one where we land on them or the standing Gunslinger shots.  The ending of the later is like what I'm referring to.  There was a move where we could hop over a foe and kick them.  It may have been done only when we threw Rebellion away (rather than the normal kicks he would do).  It was DMC3 specific.

>needs collisions on free ride

Suits me.  Wall collisions too.

>would be excellent

Almost as good as poledancing? *which Dante dabbled in for DMC3 as well as you recall*

>staff for magic

It would certainly be very different (like Nevan).

>Quarter Staff

I have no idea what that is.

>earn super weapon from super boss/bloody palace

Why not both?  Have it such that doing Bloody Palace well enough allows for a secret extra fight with (if not a unique case *too much work*), a super version of another boss most be beaten to earn it.  That sort of jazz happens all the time.  Rodin is just a suped up Baldur for the most part.  Pulling this stunt in DMC shouldn't be too much to ask.  Bayonetta (as a foe) was a Super Jeanne in reality.  Imagine if you could face a Super Bayonetta (Climax Bracelet/Mode with the Eye active for Sheba summons).  Horrifying.

>grab that doesn't move the target

Not unlike what Devil Bringer can already do in some cases.  Considering this again, did Dante's Dark Slayer have all the teleport antics of Vergil's?  I don't recall this being the case.  Obviously he didn't use million cuts, repeated helm breakers, summoned swords, etc.  He still has somethings to learn about using Yamato.

>what my soul is telling me to do

"It seems our souls are at odds, brother.  I need more power." - Nero's new hand

>PvE backstabs

Should be fine. Though more foes are being designed among humanoids to fight it.

>PvP backstabs

Big salty tears either way.

>actual dual wielding

More advanced now.  One 'class' seems to specialize in really using that style.

>spell sword

No real word on this.  Melee spells are a thing though.

>primary being better DPS than secondary

They probably won't change that much.  Often secondary is used for special moves and alternate hit types.  If it is the same motion, but slower and harder hitting (much more stamina), it tends to be far worse than primary though.  If primary is a horizontal swing and secondary is vertical or a thrust or a special (AoE explosion) or whatever, it tends to justify itself in other ways.

>Magic

They're trying to work on that system (and healing) more.

>Pyromancy

I'm not sure it will be in the game.  It seems like Fire Sorecery is returning (which means we're either in the past or at a time/place where it is still known/learned again).  Fire Glove/Hand is just another sort of specific Catalyst not unlike the crap used for Miracles.  This implies either fire is just another Sorcery unless we also have Pyromancy (with some sort of distinction).  There is also talk of each spell having light/heavy fire types for more utility.  Going back to talk of Miracles and the Pyromancy Glove, I'd fancy melee weapons (and melee in general) not blow so hard (without a dragon body to save the day).  A "God Hand" for Miracles while also being a melee (fist and feet) weapon...with Roulettes?  Because why the Hell not?  Dragon Kick the next Gwyn into the Milky Way.  Marrying D. Souls to God Hand makes sense (in that they're cruel to casuals).

>Easy

I believe they're still denying that this will be done, but that makes one fear they'll dumb down the whole thing for them.  I don't know yet.

>higher setting with alternate foe layouts

Maybe alternate drop layouts (not just where an item is, but where the possible places items can be)?  I believe that has been talked about, but I doubt they go this route.

>the things in the brothel

They were too girly to be girls.  Tranny strikes again.

>what happens

Plot cancer. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SBK91

a s***

Lana? She should be thankful Archer blessed her with his presence as long as he did.

Like NG3 and GoW:A?

Correct. It helps DmC could be a separate series.

Nero exists because of those executives.

They don't understand the Action fanbase is ~2 million for new releases. GoW gets more as a console flagship series that emphasizes presentation.

'Uncle' Dante is suited by that well enough, I suppose.

They should bring back the gothic tone of DMC1/DMC3 to complement the anime influence. 4 was too bright.

If they're not careful, they'll catch Hell for mini-games/QTEs/CSAs

If they're normal grabs, this shouldn't be an issue. Button pressing QTEs don't suit DMC at all, especially with Crazy Combos covering button mashing for more damage.

The ending of the later is like what I'm referring to. There was a move where we could hop over a foe and kick them.

I see.

Almost as good as poledancing?

Can't stand it. Shirtless Dante gets me all flustered.

>quarter staff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cuihrjLNAo

Pulling this stunt in DMC shouldn't be too much to ask.

A DTed Dante/Vergil without the defense boost should work well enough.

Imagine if you could face a Super Bayonetta (Climax Bracelet/Mode with the Eye active for Sheba summons).

You'd need MoKA, Tetsunko, or Witch Time shenanigans to touch her.

Considering this again, did Dante's Dark Slayer have all the teleport antics of Vergil's?

None whatsoever.

He still has somethings to learn about using Yamato.

Perhaps if he had more time to practice.

Though more foes are being designed among humanoids to fight it.

They're supposed to improve the AI (from dumb as a box of bricks).

Big salty tears either way.

Some actually want Poise removed. DSP would be thrilled.

One 'class' seems to specialize in really using that style.

Should make for a good time. Think actual dual wielding attacks will be restricted to side arms (rapiers, daggers, short swords, etc)?

Melee spells are a thing though.

Good.

If primary is a horizontal swing and secondary is vertical or a thrust or a special (AoE explosion) or whatever, it tends to justify itself in other ways.

Perhaps they could make secondary into short strings (like Ricard's Rapier). The first being bad, but the second making up for it. Explosions are good when the melee hit and shockwave connect. Projectiles offer utility.

They're trying to work on that system (and healing) more.

This pleases me.

There is also talk of each spell having light/heavy fire types for more utility.

Seems like magic could run the show on its own (instead of complementing melee). Melee spells should make pure mages viable in PvP.

Going back to talk of Miracles and the Pyromancy Glove, I'd fancy melee weapons (and melee in general) not blow so hard

Unarmed is understandable (though it should scale a bit), but gauntlets and claws make no sense.

A "God Hand" for Miracles while also being a melee (fist and feet) weapon...with Roulettes?

"GET OVER HERE"-the Dark Soul to Priscilla

Marrying D. Souls to God Hand makes sense

>Gold and Silver

>with weapons

Whelp.

that makes one fear they'll dumb down the whole thing for them.

Namco spoke of 'broadening the base' and 'putting everything they've got'.

Tranny strikes again.

He's gone too far.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrStarkiller

>Lana

Something like that.

>helps that DmC is a reboot

I suppose.

>don't understand Action fans

Seems that way.

>gothic tone

Sticking with a castle for the most part?  Too much 'something else' (city, strip club, etc.) comes out wrong.  Forget about frozen wastelands, forests, etc.  Bayonetta found a way to stretch the samey stuff out while having some exotic crap.  But then, it also increased the spectacle on all fronts (environments were often blowing apart, us free-falling in combat, etc.). That's not at all standard for DMC.  But maybe it doesn't have to be...you know...because it has an identity as DMC.  Not Bayonetta. Or GoW.

>too right

Too colorful.  Too many appeals to 'graphics'.

>QTEs for DMC

Not allowed.  Special inputs (command grabs) are as far as you can take it.  Once the grab initiates, anything more than mashing for more hits would stir the pot.  Stagger state shake-outs, reeling things in, dodging instant kills, etc. would go over super poorly.

>Crazy Combos

Something that felt mostly forgotten in DMC4.

>I see

It was an obscure and mostly useless move.

>all flustered

What about Pantless Dante wearing his usual trenchcoat and nothing else?  His meat spin taunt brings all the Sins to the yard.

>Daffy

Hmmm, yes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwQpdeVsjrA&t=1m36s

>without defense boost

Not like they should be looking to take hits anyway, but whatever.

>would need

Hmmm, yes.  That's before she gest her Bayonetta 2 set-up with flying, Climax Mode (special attacks and summons all over the place), stronger summons and more ranged/varied weaponry.

>none

Terrible.

>more time to practice

He might have had it if the new boy didn't waste everyone's time.

>improve the AI

I don't imagine it changing too much.  We'll see about all that. This is easily the tallest order even with the previous version being dumb so that even without the right gear you can pull foes one at a time, lure/bait them, de-aggro, sneak by (unseen/unheard), etc.  That besides sending themselves over cliffs, putting their backs into cliffs, only scripted cases trying to trap us, getting wrecked by traps, etc.

>want Poise removed

Certainly made harder to get enough of and even at its best it could do without being as absurd as it was without super committing (iron flesh, full 'havels', etc. to make yourself unable to really move around, but you won't be slapped about *just to get what one can already get with stone armor alone for the most part*).  Being able to get a low-ish level character with heavy armor and ninja flips while having super poise and stun locking quick swings?  A bit much.

>DSP

He never needed to summon with how Demons's. Souls allows farming.  His stream and overleveling while stocking up has proven enough.

>restricted to

It better not be.  I recall talk of Shield Catalysts (Paladin antics) too.  Double Shield runs became mage territory just like that.

>short strings

Makes more sense for the fast, but weak single hit types (DEX).

>run the the show

They wanted the system more balanced (rather than super OP, but bland) than DeS and just plain more varied that different sorts of blue bolts with varying amounts of homing.  I don't mind utility type spells.  Lots of them.  Make me unheard, unseen, hide my weapon perfectly, make fake noises (why not visual clones like Duke Nukem?), chamelon, possess undead (needed higher level versions like a 'great undead rapport'), out of body (run in a spirit form to investigate an area without otherwise being able to interact with some limitation on where you can go and how far from your body depending on the level of the spell, your magic, your stats, etc.), perhaps TRUE possession (playing as monsters *tall order* against other monsters and invaders), levitate (Dragon's Dogma), Fall Control, cast light, karmic justice, etc.  

>in PvP

Oh, yes.  That.  Mages can get tricky, but when it gets down to having to use 'bolts', that won't fly if the other player can block (high magic defense, magic shield, etc.), negate (magic barrier),  evade, deflect (force), etc.  A spell for pulling in (rather than blowing away) could be neat in some cases.  That and localized versions of that (rather than to the caster *to a point as if a weak blackhole*).  More Dragon's Dogma influence could prove a bit much though (Maelstrom is not suited for PvP beyond how long it takes to cast it...unless they cast it as a surprise for you...this besides things like the 'Death' spell).

>should scale a bit

And have a bit more combat potential.  Speaking of which, there are no grabs.  At all.  The closest they come is with the humanity robbing from the Dark Hand (a lesser version of Soul Suck).  Obviously the system doesn't allow for any clinging (more Dragon's Dogma antics) and maybe it shouldn't really go that far anyway (not sure how one could reasonable put that in).

>GET OVER HERE

Chain Yanker?

>with weapons

Whips, "Sweetie".  Speaking of which, they need to be less terrible.  Much less terrible.

>broadening base

While the director talks as if he's not heard any of this and can't imagine why anyone is afraid they'll casualize it.

>too far

Or just far enough for the tastes of one like the gent? 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SBK91

Sticking with a castle for the most part?

Yes. They didn't even get the castle right in 4. Fortuna's was part ice theme and part laboratory (which didn't look old, archaic, mechanical, or have us fight biological experiments *Frankenstein*). The Order's headquarters was a hotel.

Bayonetta found a way to stretch the samey stuff out while having some exotic crap.

DMC1 was pretty good too. Had the main castle, basement, the coliseum, ghost ship, cliffs, night changing the environment (opening/closing doors) and enemy compositions, mirror world, and Hell.

But maybe it doesn't have to be...you know...because it has an identity as DMC.

Your words are strange and confusing to my people.

Too many appeals to 'graphics'.

When the graphics were technically sound.

Not allowed.

Damn straight.

dodging instant kills

Why would you need a QTE evade anyway? Jumps, Trickster, air RG and I frame attacks, wouldn't a QTE make things more finicky?

Something that felt mostly forgotten in DMC4.

Million Stab and maybe Dance Macabre were the only real CC's. Don't remember if DM or the Lucifer combo got longer at higher Style ratings. Overdrive was a follow up to Drive, but just the first input got extra shockwaves.

What about Pantless Dante wearing his usual trenchcoat and nothing else?

"Now that's what I'm talking about."-Dante

>Bayonetta with flying, Climax Mode, summons and ranged weaponry

>flying

>ranged

>against a melee oriented Action protagonist

No.

Also, why the Hell is Bayonetta 2 coming to Wii U again? Wait for the sequel to make magic useful, summons more than QTEs, and actual unique weapons, why don't they.

I don't imagine it changing too much.

I can understand being lured over cliffs and kited, but why must they be so braindead in combat? They pursue you, but don't work as a group, have few range or moving attacks, never evade, long ass recoveries, and pause to think. Humanoid foe? Strafe in a circle with shield up, press R1 when behind. "Boom, you're dead."-Batman

Lots of boss fights can be won by staying at moderate distance, strafing, countering when you feel comfortable, or equipping upgraded gear and mashing R1.

On the other hand, you have forest cats and skeleton bears, which are just broken.

A bit much.

True. No reason not to slap the best armor on everyone.

I recall talk of Shield Catalysts (Paladin antics) too. Double Shield runs became mage territory just like that.

Mystic Knight. All aboard the rape train.

They wanted the system more balanced (rather than super OP, but bland) than DeS and just plain more varied that different sorts of blue bolts with varying amounts of homing.

Smart. Miracles need work too (so a pure Faith character is viable). Most were healing (redundant) and WoG/Force, with half a dozen rip offs of Sorcery that requires jumping through covenant hoops. Miracles should be buffing and a couple unique offensive options (with appeals beyond damage). Sorcery gets everything else. Higher INT/FAI should give access to exponentially better magic; Crystal Dragon Breath was bleh and Sunlight Spear a poor man's Crystal Soul Spear.

I don't mind utility type spells. Lots of them.

Status spells that apply them instantly to an AoE (including Curse), bleed buff for weapons (which stacks with regular bleed), constant damage AoE spell *Firestorm*.

why not visual clones like Duke Nukem?

Let them deal minor damage (10-20% of yours).

run in a spirit form to investigate an area without otherwise being able to interact

A higher level version could let you interact normally without humanity or Soul loss at death *or respawns*.

>true possession

Serious business.

>black hole pull

Take a page from Mass Effect 2 and have some spells cause high damage detonations that end the pull effect.

Speaking of which, there are no grabs. At all.

I want to Izuna Drop Silf.

Chain Yanker?

You bet.

Speaking of which, they need to be less terrible.

Start by making them more kusari-gama like.

While the director talks as if he's not heard any of this and can't imagine why anyone is afraid they'll casualize it.

Inb4balancepatch

Or just far enough for the tastes of one like the gent?

We saw women, spoke to them, but did not receive samiches in return. That is unacceptable.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrStarkiller

Barlog is back with SSM for a PS4 project, but that doesn't necessarily mean GoW.  Even if it does, executive meddling and a lesser team are still factors.

>DMC4's take

Not terribly gothic.  Not much 'horror' to the designs either.  If they were so focused on 'angels', why not have more "Paradiso" tossed about (in the same way DMC3 used the Inferno *which was not very much*).

>strange and confusing

Arousing?

>why have a QTE

More cinematic, show the characters humanity and other such delightful garbage.

>what I'm talking about

*unzips pants*

"Now this is my kind of rain." - Dante

>why Wii U

Footing the bill.  I still find hard to believe Sony and Microsoft both lacked the sense to pony up.

>why so braindead

Just enough to work between their attack options.  Including a parry stance in there somewhere tends to help.  Now they have the sense to charge you (some of the foes anyway) if they spy you making distance AND pulling out a healing item (and maybe other dedicated animations).

>group AI

Good for lesser foes.  Strength in numbers.  Overwhelm the player in a wall of trash they cannot shake free of.  If a large number of them get blown away (and the foe isn't some dumb animal/hollow), they should falter and even consider retreat for a better option of attack if not giving up entirely.  Foes that actively seek places to ambush from, look for backstabs, try to bait for riposte, favor ranged nonsense (including player grief with annoyances like statuses), etc. 

>never evade

Some of the lighter invading NPCs (at least) should have sense enough to have an evasion AI (that could also be exploited with some small tricks like breaking lock on, canceling the cast, altering the course of shots, etc. *used often on lesser players that only have sense to input evade wildly*).

>backstab

The 'turtle' guy's shield doesn't seem to come off his back.  If it could, it would open him up to backstabs, I'm sure.  Having the option to knock them off (if only with some heavy blunt attacks) would suit me fine.

>lots of boss fights one via over-leveling, AI exploiting, etc.

Not much can be expected to change on that front.

>Mystic Knight

That orb for slapping to cause homing projectiles would fit in nicely with the fans of homing soul mass.  Their special ripostes would be a Hell of a thing (making the parry itself damaging or even healing).  Being able to cast elements without resins seems like a good thing too.  Assassin has some tricks that would suit Dark Souls as well.  If they're giving out more special animations, the parry and riposte could use a secondary (not primary) input for a specific weapon (some dagger) to do a cut-throat special not unlike the chappies in the Lower Undead Berg for big crit damage (and maybe some extra bleed build-up for kicks).  Heavy weapon use seems like it could use some help maintaining appeal.  Being 'heavy' in general seems to not have a strong following in PvP or PvE without the stats to negate what being 'heavy' means along with gear to also help diffuse the weakness of being slow, having bad recovery, etc.  Being fast tends to be best for skill based play.  To be expected and probably has to be this way.  Just a shame that tower shields don't really seem encouraged and heavy weapons don't hit nearly as hard as they need to per hit to compare in a DPS race with the lighter tools (especially when inflicting statuses and the like equally).

>Miracles need more work

Indeed.  Part of the healing agenda at the very least.  Perhaps enjoying the benefit of sorcery getting light/heavy as well.  Or not.  It is possible they'll need to pair Faith with STR again though (Paladin seems to suggest that).

>appeals beyond damage

One things comes to mind immediately.  Strong knockback.  DeS had this one infamous tool as I recall.  Great for griefing in PvE.  Sends people flying all over the place.  A miracle to enhance a weapon with this poise mocking ability would be swell.  A miracle for projecting a low % (of the weapon's whole *minus status and elements unless using the 'great' version*) projectile, not unlike that sword you get from Seath, for all swings of the weapon could prove amusing even if just a weak annoyance.

>Crystal Dragon Breath

Without Curse, it wasn't worth a damn.

>Sunlight Spear

Without being able to at least have the perk of blowing apart durability (like it did to the dragon scales), the elemental hit alone isn't cutting it.  Making it a bastard of fire, lightning and magic wouldn't help (splitting sources), but perhaps a light stagger/stun would.   This besides the obvious with shocking water. 

>bleed buff

If not causing bleed (arguably nonsense), then something to both make the 'bleed' % (damage) higher *if only a as little as 5%* and greatly decrease the shake-off rate of the status (making it easier to inflict).

>let the clones deal damage

Not just a trick of the light, eh?  Sounds like 'great' territory to me and might require some of your HP total to cast.  While active, leaving your total capped lower if allowing for higher damage output.  Less such negatives if it is as weak as you say (more for distraction).

>great spirit form

>picking up bloodstain, items, etc.

Good God.  It would have to have some serious drain on some resource if not a short leash (or both).  Maybe some slow life drain for the great version allowing such a thing.  Hard to say.  It would be quite the dirty way to go about things in a lot of cases.  Hang out by bonfires or just outside a PvP area (or enemy ambush) and send in the spirit to gather what it is you need.

>explosion when suction ends

SoE (GoS) did this.  Also homed a bit.

>Izuna Drop

Getting ahead of ourselves.  We don't even have basic grabs to the level of Dragon's Dogma (picking up chaps or using a full nelson).  Skipping to GT, ID, etc. or even GoW territory with OH, HR, etc.?  Not that I wouldn't enjoy it.

>more KG like

You're always saying that.

>balance patch

N-no, pls.

>unacceptable

Now she's got two shiners.  She'll not be told a third time. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SBK91

Even if it does, executive meddling and a lesser team are still factors.

If he gets the GoWIII team and completely ignores Ascension, should be able to put out a decent entry. Vet input would help.

Not much 'horror' to the designs either.

Nero looked like Dante, but played like Donte. That's scary.

Arousing?

...yes.

If they were so focused on 'angels', why not have more "Paradiso" tossed about

If it was Paradiso, we wouldn't have to do dice games fight bosses for the third time.

show the characters humanity

Who wouldn't want to see Vergil's kinder, gentler side?

I still find hard to believe Sony and Microsoft both lacked the sense to pony up.

Wonder if the Wonderful 101 had anything to do with it.

Including a parry stance in there somewhere tends to help.

Certainly. Give a couple foes the ability to break stunlock and attack through, or sense enough to dodge out.

Now they have the sense to charge you (some of the foes anyway) if they spy you making distance AND pulling out a healing item (and maybe other dedicated animations).

Estus seems to have a longer recovery.

Good for lesser foes.

They should mix up higher tiers a bit. Fight multiple types of black knights at once, Capras+Gargoyles, Tarus and ogres, etc.

Foes that actively seek places to ambush from, look for backstabs, try to bait for riposte, favor ranged nonsense (including player grief with annoyances like statuses), etc.

Lead us into hazards they're immune to, stronger ones cannibalize trash to restore health, necromancers raise the dead (as ghosts).

Some of the lighter invading NPCs (at least) should have sense enough to have an evasion AI

It would add some nice verisimilitude.

Having the option to knock them off (if only with some heavy blunt attacks) would suit me fine.

They've replaced the kick with a guard breaking attack (for some weapons), and might have added a new type of backstab for guard broken enemies.

Not much can be expected to change on that front.

At least remove our ability to tank bosses at mid levels without uber equipment.

That orb for slapping to cause homing projectiles would fit in nicely with the fans of homing soul mass.

Holy Furor would be PERFECT as a top tier Miracle. A low damage self-centered Firestorm that grants infinite stamina for the duration.

Their special ripostes would be a Hell of a thing (making the parry itself damaging or even healing).

A fitting upgrade for magic barrier.

If they're giving out more special animations, the parry and riposte could use a secondary (not primary) input for a specific weapon (some dagger) to do a cut-throat special not unlike the chappies in the Lower Undead Berg for big crit damage (and maybe some extra bleed build-up for kicks).

I can taste the tears already.

Being 'heavy' in general seems to not have a strong following in PvP or PvE

Part of STR's problem is lack of good midsized weaponry. There's only a few big weapons worth using (which function pretty similarly). DEX gets big weapons along with the utility, speed, safety and buffed damage potential of short swords, rapiers, spears, poles and curved swords.

heavy weapons don't hit nearly as hard as they need to per hit to compare in a DPS race with the lighter tools (especially when inflicting statuses and the like equally).

DEX heavy weapons hit almost as hard as their STR counterparts, at 3/4's-2/3's of the stamina cost and are faster too boot.

One things comes to mind immediately. Strong knockback.

It's rainin men.

A miracle for projecting a low % (of the weapon's whole *minus status and elements unless using the 'great' version*) projectile, not unlike that sword you get from Seath, for all swings of the weapon could prove amusing even if just a weak annoyance.

That would actually favor STR and DEX equally. IIRC, Seath's sword's projectile had a 1.0 modifier (same as one handed R1).

Without Curse, it wasn't worth a damn.

Too right. I guess it had some PvE appeal with so many charges, but I'd rather have high damage.

This besides the obvious with shocking water.

Maybe wield it as a melee weapon?

Less such negatives if it is as weak as you say (more for distraction).

The extra stunlock and Poise breaking would be no joke.

Good God.

Want to really break the bank? Weapon/armor damage and item/spell usage doesn't transfer to your normal form.

You're always saying that.

I don't have a problem.

N-no, pls.

No choice. Elemental weapons are 2good.

Now she's got two shiners. She'll not be told a third time.

What's left to blacken? Not cake, I'd hope.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrStarkiller

>ignores Ascension

The executive meddling would be an issue unless they but out.  Pre-order noise, DLC abuses, patch reliance, MP (and co-op possibly *further pushing that agenda*), humanizing (story), tie-ins/lead-ins (to future prequels and side-projects), etc.  Ascension has to be noted for its failings and learned from as well as the successes of any other given entry (especially GoWII and GoW1).  One does not wish to repeat the sins, failures, etc. of the past.

>vet input would help

More so if it wasn't disregarded, was taken in EARLY, they were open with us from the start (GoWII), etc.

>scary

Horrifying.

>dice games

Purgatorio?

>Vergil's kinder, gentler side

He already showed the extent of that aspect of his nature when he didn't chop Lady to bits (though he was certainly leaning that way as she barely held the weakned Vergil at bay).

>Wonderful 101

The what?

>sense enough to dodge

Even if that means...command reading?  Maybe have a 'psychic' foe that reads our inputs with a visual/audio cue to note when it is in effect.  One can still exploit such a thing as done with even Shao Kahn type bosses (MK walkers).  It would just alter the nature of the encounter with that foe.

>longer recovery

With a few foes looking to punish that usage.

>mix-up higher tiers

They lightly do that towards the end, but a hidden area dedicated to this would be nice.  Really, there aren't going to be good lore reasons for it.  The natural solution would be to make a battle arena one can find or just a seperate mode to take your character.  Survival, customized enemy layouts (where, how many, what foes, etc.) and all that jazz.  An 'arena' for PvE rather than just some extra for PvP.   To humor another group, allow for a co-op variant of the latter (perhaps with invites).  It really wouldn't be good to have it give the same rewards as the real game though.  Grinding, farming, etc. there would be in bad taste unless severely penalized in terms of returns/chances while also using up your main game resources (souls, humanity, items, etc.).  If it was totally alien to the main game without rewards to be taken into it, it would be fine to get whatever (normal drops) while messing about.

>hazards they're immune to

Or run into hazards that make them more of a pest (hallow runs into open flame to ignite itself and then tries to grasp you).  Perhaps a Torch Hallow makes a suice run for explosives (not unlike DeS).  Poison immune types sticking to a bog.  Lava immune hanging out over lava.  Flying over cliffs.  That sort of jazz.  Wall clippers inside collision.  Maybe some real jerks hanging out by NPCs (daring you to swing).

>cannibalize others

Live teamkills being worth more than corpses on the ground (naturally).  Maybe a foe that has the sense to smack around/toss bodies as a weapon to cause knockback and collision damage.  Tearing pieces of the environment out to use as tools is also cute.  Having such a foe pick up Wheel Skeletons and toss them at us could prove amusing.  Maybe even 'wield' them.

>Necro

Yes, we've gone over it extensively in the past.  As in DaS (keeping skeletons regeneration), but expanded to resurrecting other foes (more difficult spell for them taking greater time as an active rather than passive ability), raising up new skeleton (active), channeling spirits (ghosts), summoning phantoms (black phantom foes, red phantom NPCs and even PvP chances), etc.  Maybe make corpse bombs (trapping bodies on the ground or pick-ups).  Some visual cue for this would need to be subtle, but exist.

>kick becomes something else for some weapons

Ah, yes.  More of that is fine.  Same for a jump attack in a case where jumping with the weapon wouldn't make too much sense.  Maybe even special plunging attacks.  Dragon King Greataxe with a lesser version of the two-hand secondary for either far less durability damage (or none) would be fine.  Not like places to plunge are EVERYWHERE and if it is only about half as damaging, it should be fine to give it some sort of neat extra in a situational case.  Regarding backstab/riposte, a weapon allowing the impale of this to have mashing to continously push blade in (think Nero with the Lance using 'knights') would be good for buffs, resins, etc. as they would apply their effect repeatedly at the high rate while this extra bit of low physical damage would be otherwise not that impressive.

>balance to remove tanking against later game foes without super stats and super equipment with enhancements

Reasonable enough.  One should be fully committed to pushing a mechanic to the extreme to get such results, not just half-assing with a piece of armor or two (maybe a ring) to get the same results.

>infinite stamina

Ah, yes.  The one that ends with a total stamina broken state.  Introducing the extra penalty of Dragon's Dogma's 'fatigued' state with way overabusing your stamina resources (mismanagement) would help justify such an ability (in terms of the punishment for having used it).

>upgrade to magic barrier

A long casting (think Channeler dance) miracle for a Paladin to give the entire party buffs (like a damage reducing barrier of some specific kind *magic, physical, fall, fire/lava, poison/toxin, etc.*) would suit me fine.

>the tears

Tears of crimson.

>not enough mid-sized stuff

And the big stuff just doesn't stay as competitive in DPS, usability, etc.  It's just 'neat'.  They come close, but don't really have a true "Dragonslayer" (Guts) with absurd physical damage, great poise damage, strong knockback (or knockdown depending on the move use), the right moveset (true Artorias Greatsword is closer to Berserk Armor Guts using the Dragonslayer than anything else in the game though), cursed status (killing Ghosts and other astral beings from having killed their kind), etc.  I believe we've gone over that too (while noting Avelyn *or whatever* as a poor man's version of the Repeating Crossbow used in Berserk).

Super high STR requirement would be fine for an insane investment return with some flippying, crazy, impossible moveset on a huge weapon with great damage and abilities.  Making it unusable before then would be lame.  Having a lesser version of the moveset or just some of the basics of that moveset at a lower STR requirement would be a nice 'halfway' point to being able to really use the tool.  Another level down would be being just shy of what is needed to wield it at that low level (barely swinging it without two-hands).  DaS had this, but nerfed the damage and made you boune off foes.  Went a bit too far.  You were already slow with enormous stamina drain.  Nerfing certain attacks and even making them bounce off (or stall) is fine, but other motions (like a plunging attack) should be mostly unharmed as gravity would begin to do the work for you in reality.  A way to work around the system intelligently.  Some options would just need to be cut off (fancy backstabs and ripostes).  The lowest level being the inability to really move around or swing the weapon (getting the crap results typical of not having the right stats).

Going back to benefits to STR to help save it from being one-hit types with bad DPS prospects versus buffed DEX with other enhancements, making STR tools get slightly more from such resources can help balance that, but more importantly (to me), having STR beyond what is required could help drain the amount of stamina use (and even speed up swings) just a fraction better with each point invested beyond what is needed up to a point (say twenty over) where diminishing returns begin to factor.  This besides STR scaling for damage or opting to two-hand the weapon for a bonus to your STR.  A weapon with 40STR needed to just use it an acceptable level (no higher form) used with two hands by a 55STR player (STR buff should cover the rest of the meaningful buff) would be slightly faster on swing, hit notably harder (presuming B scaling or higher), take much less stamina, recover faster, etc.  Not huge differences, but just enough that it can give an edge versus only having the bare minimum of what one needs to use something.

Again, a case encouraging far more STR investment to get the remainder of the moveset and better versions of the moves you already have (maybe with allowance of small chains and special inputs) could be neat.  With such focus on a single weapon though...well the game has so many tools with their own movesets that it would not be reasonable to demand so much at once (least of all for a new engine).  Big movesets often mean less tools to play with overall.  Back-towards, towards-towards and other inputs for special moves during lock-in would be great as with 'mashing' delayed input, etc., but that might go too far into the Action territory that takes it out the realm of feeling 'real' despite the high (dark) fantasy.  Meh. 

>DEX hits almost as hard for far less stamina, recovery, time, etc.

Which is why STR needs a huge buff to the damage dealt per single blow landed.  The weapons being better able to chip through shields, break poise, demand more of stability (to the point that a foe with a shield who could even block the full damage might lack the stability needed to weather the stamina damage only to find itself lacking poise and going flying away as we do in some instances after heavy blows *ring-out on a guarding foe as such*), wall splat, ground/down (Claymore), launch (Black Knight Greatsword), knockback (DeS had such a weapon), stagger/stun easier (considering big foes especially *creating more openings*), etc.  Smacking around big foes like all weapons can do to smaller ones would be neat.

>raining men

WotG focused on launching foes?  How about a slow-mo status/curse (not too unlike TWoP)?  Anti-gravity (floating foes)?  All very cute.  Factoring physics in more would be swell.  Using the 'force' (grip) to toss would be OP as Hell.  So too, perhaps, would be petrification proper.

>favor STR and DEX equally

Though DEX would get to freely fire off more of these.  Perhaps the STR version could enjoy stronger hit properties (more like what the actual hit would do) rather than just hitting for damage (without much other effect).  Bigger too (for better chance to hit).

>PvE appeal

Bah.

>wield as a melee weapon

A secondary to smack chaps with it?  Or how about charging it up (Zf)?

>armor damage

Speaking of which, they went too far with avoiding that in DaS.  This for PvP, but I would also fancy some of that being possible on our foes.  High physical resistance foe due to their armor?  Acid Surge the Armored Boar to make it more open to direct blows.  Blunt attacks working almost through them (while slashing types plain blow).  Something like a whip would be worthless short of inflicting a status, magical enchancement, annoyance or them adding a special ability to 'grip' (lasso).  Armor damaging hits, acid resin, acid surge, etc. could mean more even in PvE (aside from foes just doing that to you).

>elemental weapons

>2good

Hmmm, yes.  Now we just need some ultra weak (physically) tool that can hit ghosts, inflicts all statuses in small amounts, splits damage between all elements, etc.  Have upgrades buff these things rather than the physical blows.  Get cute with references to popular fantasy stuff like a glowing dagger sensing gobl-...certain enemies. (if not enemies in general *with maybe something else sensing other threats such as traps for those without the sense to watch for them otherwise*).  A spell for showing the way to things could be worked out for ultra casuals (like DSP).  Have a key and don't feel like reading the description or even know what it was talking about if you did?  Select it and the cast the spell telling you 'what to do with this thing you've got'.  A better balance for that sort of thing might be to annoy the casual by making the ability based on a consumable item that is somewhat rare and limited (other than some obnoxious farming even with tops on item find). 

>left to blacken

Those pouty lips.  Tan the hide?  Less a matter of what's left and more where to begin.

>not cake

Heretical. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SBK91

MP (and co-op possibly *further pushing that agenda*)

Could they be foolish enough to implement this again? They've admitted the leadership didn't get the chance to look over SP much in Ascension. Would they really risk that in a numbered entry for a next gen console?

One does not wish to repeat the sins, failures, etc. of the past.

This is the gaming industry.

More so if it wasn't disregarded, was taken in EARLY, they were open with us from the start (GoWII), etc.

It's not like they would need a lot for a decent entry. Shun Ascension and everything it brought (tether, rage, nerfed stuns/knockback, relying on items), bring back the old collision system, fix targeting, make magic viable again, and good subs.

Purgatorio?

But that doesn't answer how Nero got there.

He already showed the extent of that aspect of his nature when he didn't chop Lady to bits

Not very samurai like. Though he was short on rope and tree.

The what?

Kamiya's new game. Pikmin meets Power Rangers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN_83jlyW1M

Even if that means...command reading?

They could delay it a second, so it would avoid slow attacks but not fast ones.

It would just alter the nature of the encounter with that foe.

Be neat to see a black knight roll, as would waves of hollows rolling in unison.

Really, there aren't going to be good lore reasons for it.

Bah.

The natural solution would be to make a battle arena one can find or just a seperate mode to take your character.

A post game area loaded with one or two unique bosses and a new weapon/spell at the end. Multiple endurance runs/gauntlet fights. Gravelording there would be swell.

Grinding, farming, etc. there would be in bad taste unless severely penalized in terms of returns/chances while also using up your main game resources (souls, humanity, items, etc.).

If it was just souls it wouldn't be too bad (only speed things up). Not like it would be drastically different from any other farming area.

Flying over cliffs.

Pulling off some Jumptrooper nonsense?

Maybe a foe that has the sense to smack around/toss bodies as a weapon to cause knockback and collision damage.

Let corpses of enemies that inflict statuses affect you?

Maybe even 'wield' them.

As roller skates?

Not like places to plunge are EVERYWHERE and if it is only about half as damaging, it should be fine to give it some sort of neat extra in a situational case

Impale something with a spear for a follow up lightning strike.

Regarding backstab/riposte, a weapon allowing the impale of this to have mashing to continously push blade in

It'd be a great perk for rapiers (as opposed to a 10% crit bonus).

A long casting (think Channeler dance) miracle for a Paladin to give the entire party buffs

Casuals would love it for buffing NPCs to solo bosses.

And the big stuff just doesn't stay as competitive in DPS, usability, etc.

DeS had a good large weapon (Dragon Bone Crusher or something) with a great secondary (even for DPS). Perhaps it will make a return.

Super high STR requirement would be fine for an insane investment return with some flippying, crazy, impossible moveset on a huge weapon with great damage and abilities.

Action provides plenty of good material. Breakdancing (Dance Macabre), triple flying swallow, wielding it telekinetically (KH *why not?*), etc. Maybe a secondary that lights it on fire and stacks with other buffs.

Having a lesser version of the moveset or just some of the basics of that moveset at a lower STR requirement would be a nice 'halfway' point to being able to really use the tool.

Say, 50 STR for the lesser moveset, 70-75 for it proper (so a 50 STR character could just use it two handed).

A way to work around the system intelligently.

Always appreciated.

having STR beyond what is required could help drain the amount of stamina use (and even speed up swings) just a fraction better with each point invested beyond what is needed up to a point (say twenty over) where diminishing returns begin to factor.

Given DEX gets faster cast times, I don't see a problem with this. Also, having it apply to any weapon that scales with STR (even E) could make for some interesting Quality builds.

With such focus on a single weapon though...well the game has so many tools with their own movesets that it would not be reasonable to demand so much at once (least of all for a new engine).

If it's only one super weapon (and they acknowledge it as such), it should be doable. DEX should get a mid sized weapon equivalent (that gets really ridiculous with dual wielding).

The weapons being better able to chip through shields, break poise, demand more of stability

The guard break should help greatly here.

Anti-gravity (floating foes)?

2good4u. It'd trivialize damn near everything (if you even bothered fighting).

Using the 'force' (grip) to toss would be OP as Hell.

How could they balance this for PvP? Lock-on and toss em. Can't miss, can't be blocked, and most of the time is instant death. Mages win forever.

Or how about charging it up (Zf)?

The natural secondary option.

This for PvP, but I would also fancy some of that being possible on our foes.

Weapon breaks too. Drastically reduce the damage and defense of anything. Give us physical breaks, but far less potent than magical ones.

Now we just need some ultra weak (physically) tool that can hit ghosts, inflicts all statuses in small amounts, splits damage between all elements, etc. Have upgrades buff these things rather than the physical blows.

Make it buffable, so every buff makes it awesome.

A better balance for that sort of thing might be to annoy the casual by making the ability based on a consumable item that is somewhat rare and limited

Have it sometimes lead you into danger.

Less a matter of what's left and more where to begin.

I suggest the weakest point (arms).

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrStarkiller

>could they

Yes.

>admitted issues

Only a bit do they own up to errors and only in a few cases.  As for this one, they would solve that by doing the same thing, hiring another guy specifically for MP or simply give up on SP.  The most likely case is doing the same thing, but with more promises of having learned their lessons and that they are doing it differently this time (evenly making a great experience for both sides).  That sort of garbage.

>would they

I'm thinking...yes.  Rather than a swansong, they offered up a travesty with the PS3 (unlike PS2 and even PSP).

>this is the gaming industry

Fair point.

>shun it and everything about it

A safe bet, though not everything was an absolutely terrible idea nor completely botched in execution.  Just most of it.

>fix targeting

Tall order.

>fix collisions

And other such mechanics.

>viable magic

I'd almost suggest they start by making it OP again before they inevitably drag it back down to the point of being all the same, weak s***.

>good subs

Or just one good one (fully fleshed out) before they get back to making multiple that are less well differentiated/varied and find themselves a bit on the simpler side (with less options than the Blades).  Be it the CoO/GoS or GoWII/GoWIII approach, I'm fine with either.  None of this GoW:A business.  I wasn't against WWs as an idea.  They're so simple that it should have been easy enough to have them and at least one proper sub-weapon.  Tertiary and Secondary respectively.  And yet, MP saw to it that this did not happen.  GoWIII was meant to have them too.  Another issue is how they went about disarming foes, having them use the tools, etc.  MP focus corrupted WWs by and large.  It was horribly evident with projectile types.  The 'balancing' was not fit for a SP Action game at all.

>how Nero got there

Sexual favors?

>short on rope and tree

Yes, yes.  Quite.  Speaking of trees, I'd like to have seen some flashbacks of Kratos tree f***ing Deimos and other boys (with some of them dying) as would be proper discipline in Sparta during the agoge.  I think that would really flesh out and 'humanize' him (as he feels absolutely nothing but disdain for the weak).

>Wonderful 101

I see.

>but not fast ones

At least not all the time.  Differing chances on if it will read it and what response it uses in either case (not always checking with perfection for whether it will evade stupidly into ring-out, traps, etc. or predicting dangerous set-ups into backstabs or whatever).

>rolling in unision

Thorn Armor everywhere.  DeS return to form.  Which was it? 4-1?

>bah

Yes, yes.  Even still, that's exactly how they do their business.  Honoring this (short of telling them to contrive something), a seperate mode would suffice (a place free of lore).

>unique bosses/foes

Seems unlikely that they would do that without it being some sort of alteration of an existing foe.  I'm half-surprised they didn't do a lot of palette swapping to pad out the old list (RPG standard).

>new gear, weapon/spell, etc. at the end

Earning it outside the main game?  What would be the lore reason? *hohoho*  An obvious solution would be to have none or just say it was thought to be lost in time or whatever.

>GLing there

Even in NG?  Let the players know what they're getting into from the start?  Seems a pity that they don't allow Gravelording in NG with all the other kindnesses they seem to be offering these days.  Don't like it?  Don't go online (and especially not as human).

>drastically different

An Arena where you pick the foes would allow for simple one-on-ones.  Depending on the level/arena/background options, it could have easy abuses to kill and farm the foe repeatedly.  Maybe even turn their AI off.

>Jumptrooper nonsense

Yes.  Foes riding foes would be cute too.  As for us riding them ourselves...maybe not this time.  Seems like a rather big addition to just suddenly have.

>status inflicting foes colliding with us to build that status

Cute.

>as roller skates

I was more thinking yo-yos, but sure.  Why not both?  Or perhaps they transform and roll out (on all fours).

>spear impale

Which reminds me, boss weapons should suck a whole lot less.  Artorias gave a tool that was pretty close to the stuff he could do.  The rest weren't all that much like that. Especially disappointing was Gwyn's everything and Ornstein's Spear (no super dashing stab nor special animations with more zapping for riposte, backstab and full plunges).  Many of the non-Normal paths were pretty trashy too (Occult, Divine, Crystal, Raw, Chaos, etc.).  They need work.  The lack of 'Dragon Wing Stone' was disturbing even if only used for double jumps and glides.  That and a Levitate to 'break falls' (resetting the fall damage from the height you end the glide, levitate, etc. from would be a big deal).

>buffing NPCs

Bleh.  I'd have a good laugh if the AI was programmed to outlast (run away) the duration of such buffs and/or target the caster.

>DBC

I recall something by that name.

>Action has plenty examples of insane nonsense

"You bet." - Marty Chang

>always appreciated

Speaking of which, we'd gone over 'buffs'.  Why not a buff that temporarily grants higher stats with DEX, STR, INT, etc. individually?  Be it by gear or casting of some nonsense.  Whatever works.

>faster cast times

Ah, yes.  That was a thing.

>Quality Builds

Likely to benefit the most from all this.

>only one super weapon

Their concern with PvP would quickly come into play, I fear.  Perhaps make it such that 'distortions of time' disable it (fancy talk for no PvP use for you) or just bring it back down to Earth.

>guard break

The only trouble against a proper DEX user might come with how they tend to fancy speed to the point of evade whoring (flips and such with the right consumable, ring, etc.).  That's still a thing to consider, but I suppose that's part of the dynamic when pairing the heavy hitter versus the punishing stinger types.

>trivialize

Like with Grip.

>how could they

They probably couldn't.

>breaks

Aside from that, maybe debuffs (even to stats).  It would be hilarious to make a Taurus Demon unable to wield its weapon properly (hitting us for tiny damage before bouncing off us to open him up).  Such an absurdity.

>lead you into danger

It's the right way.  One of them.  Never said it would be the easy/safe one.  HUEHUEHUE

>the arms

Shall it be the phonebook treatment again? 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SBK91

The most likely case is doing the same thing,

Well, if they focused on the SP with Barlog ignoring MP (like Papy did SP), it might be Sigma quality.

That sort of garbage.

The only way MP would work in GoW is if it was an extra with no hopes of actually being competitive (like old N64 games). Just an amusing diversion played in short intervals.

Rather than a swansong, they offered up a travesty with the PS3

Troubling indeed. At least it didn't advance the story (leaving the door open for a proper sequel).

Unrelated, KH3 is being made by it's equivalent of the B-team (Osaka *who has only worked on portables*) while the actual team does FFXV. Osaka has a poor grasp on Action (nonexistent stun states for enemies/bosses, changing gauges to cooldowns, one invincible spammable evade instead of multiple timed defenses) and loves RPG elements ('press a button and watch a ten second animation kill everything', farming for new abilities, etc). They've previously used multiple playable characters (not just Sora).

A safe bet, though not everything was an absolutely terrible idea nor completely botched in execution.

Tether would be OK if it was just a range extension for grabs.

I'd almost suggest they start by making it OP again before they inevitably drag it back down to the point of being all the same, weak s***.

As long as petrification isn't total s***, it should be serviceable.

Or just one good one (fully fleshed out)

With an alternate rage moveset, no? Would help to put more focus on magic too.

Be it the CoO/GoS or GoWII/GoWIII approach, I'm fine with either.

I'd prefer the latter if given the choice, for more specialty runs and their usually only being a few good options for any weapon.

Tertiary and Secondary respectively.

Simple and elegant. Think tertiary should be permanent, or limited but uber (Angel Arms)?

GoWIII was meant to have them too.

How much other crap got left out?

MP focus corrupted WWs by and large.

Offensively so. How could anyone think piss weak weapons that didn't build rage and weren't altered by it acceptable at all?

The 'balancing' was not fit for a SP Action game at all.

It never is. Even crap options can still serve challenge purposes as long as they're workable and have interesting mechanics (Wooden Sword, GK).

Sexual favors?

Wait.

>sexual favors can get into Purgatory

>Nero's in purgatory

>Donte is a Nephilim

>his father is piss weak

>Donte resembles Nero in gameplay, looks and behavior

"No...oh no."-Joe Chill

I think that would really flesh out and 'humanize' him

Particularly the 'fleshing out' bit.

as he feels absolutely nothing but disdain for the weak

And would latter blame the incident on Eros and ruin a civilization on his quest for vengeance, yes?

Differing chances on if it will read it and what response it uses in either case

Sounds like God Hand.

Which was it? 4-1?

Probably.

Even still, that's exactly how they do their business.

One can respect them for sticking to principles.

Seems unlikely that they would do that without it being some sort of alteration of an existing foe.

The Eight Kings (all at once)?

An obvious solution would be to have none or just say it was thought to be lost in time or whatever.

They could allude to it in the main game.

Seems a pity that they don't allow Gravelording in NG

WUT.

Depending on the level/arena/background options, it could have easy abuses to kill and farm the foe repeatedly.

True.

Seems like a rather big addition to just suddenly have.

Mounting from a plunging attack would be pretty swell.

Why not both?

Complete with afro.

Which reminds me, boss weapons should suck a whole lot less.

Too right. BKGA was terrible for PvP due to bad requirements and being easy to parry, the secondary was crap, but was fast, great reach, high power, and slightly more stamina efficient than other high STR weapons. Moonlight Sword was good for having the Claymore moveset with a projectile, scaling purely with INT and dealing pure magic damage. Silver Knight Spear, Butterfly Spear and Demon Spear were OK since long spears are inherently good.

The rest of uniques had serious issues. Not being buffable is a big deal, and they should have something to compensate for it (either a unique secondary or being good all around like the BKGA). Instead, almost none of them were as good as the better weapons in their respective classes (which could be upgraded down different paths) and many were plain bad.

They need work.

If it can't be buffed, there's no reason to invest stats to wield it. Stacking magic/elemental damage on top a weapon that deals the same type is OP (bypasses split defenses), so there isn't a good solution. Status paths could help.

I'd have a good laugh if the AI was programmed to outlast (run away) the duration of such buffs and/or target the caster.

A berserk buff?

Why not a buff that temporarily grants higher stats with DEX, STR, INT, etc. individually?

No complaints here. Let it break the 99 cap so it retains some use at stupid high levels (scaling should keep it under control). You could wield STR and DEX weapons on the same character. Weird they haven't done that yet.

Their concern with PvP would quickly come into play, I fear.

If the stat requirements were high enough, it might weaken you in other ways so as to remain balanced (be it HP or magic). Not being buffable would help.

The only trouble against a proper DEX user might come with how they tend to fancy speed to the point of evade whoring (flips and such with the right consumable, ring, etc.).

DEX will probably always win so long as buffs add a static amount. Too much reward for too little risk.

They probably couldn't.

Which is why they should.

It would be hilarious to make a Taurus Demon unable to wield its weapon properly (hitting us for tiny damage before bouncing off us to open him up).

Ruin his poise and stunlock his ass.

Never said it would be the easy/safe one.

Who would enjoy it otherwise?

Shall it be the phonebook treatment again?

More fun than a pillow fight.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrStarkiller

>Sigma quality

We shall see.  Even just 'focusing' on SP is a tall order if MP is not entirely removed for the cancer that it is.

>an extra

One that is just a bunch of Kratos in some lazy background (like the "Arena").  Small and self-contained with very minimal work put into it.  Just something extra.  Nothing more.  And certainly not denied to those who have the game.

>didn't advance the story

But it does further pervert a number of matters and how we are to view them from a distance.

>B-team antics

I'd like to say my heart goes out to the fans, but I'd be lying.  I'm just not able to respect it even with the potential it has in gameplay beyond the casual accessibility, mini-game excess, the windowdressing regarding art/story, etc.  I guess I just have something of a dislike how for the the later FF entry crew that perverts the flavor of it and the mains of Disney aren't much to my liking a lot of the time either (regarding Mickey, Goofy, etc.).  Psycho Donald Duck...I could use a lot more of.  If they could swallow up Looney Tunes and some other companies, that would help.  Get Tom and Jerry in there too.  May as well abuse Star Wars straight away (and toss in Starkiller to keep that actor working almost like a sort of grave dancing ritual for his career).  A hatred for the fans is a thing too, I suppose.  I could never grasp any appeal with Mickey Mouse.  Not at all.  Bugs Bunny? Sure.  More a fan of the others, but he wasn't half bad as an ass (not so much as he got softer).

>poor grasp of Action

Oh?  *reads on*  Oh, yes.  I see.  That would certainly not read as desirable for the genre in question.

>RPG elements

"No.  NO.  NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!  YOU WILL DIE!" - Palpy

>range extension

I wouldn't want it as a forced upgrade 'benefit' even when I bother to upgrade the Blades.  I'd want it as a special input.  Then it would be acceptable.  Same for their 'new parry'.  I'd still want the old versions more.

>petrification back in top form

My eyes have seen the glory...

>rage moveset

If they didn't waste so much effort on MP, they would likely have done that, had real spells, fleshed out WWs, had real subs, bothered with challenges (and an arena), gotten actual costumes into the game, etc.

>prefer the latter

As much as I liked the fully fleshed out tools of CoO/GoS, I agree with the sentiment you denote.

>permanent good or temporary great

It's a hard call to make.  I fancy having them throughout as yet another potential run facet.  If the latter were the case, we could just have an artifact, possession or urn make them unbreakable.  Or, with the former, that same case could slightly buff them such that they are taken to that higher level (if desirable).  But then, in that case, why not just allow upgrading of these things to make it a NUR consideration too?  Even if, like Artemis, just a matter of a damage modifier.

>how much got left out

Unknown.  GoW1 and GoWII were much more open about what was intended, had to be dropped, etc.

>WW rage and damage issues

This with often poor, unsafe moves with lame hit properties, limited use being a thing and very poor stun building oftentimes.  A system like the new 'stun' state is well beyond what B-team can hope to manage. They need to just give up on that or let the old guys handle any future attempts at tackling that.

>challenge purposes

An artifact (or costume) could easily have given the base nerf, moveset changes and even property breaking that the default displays while it could have been that the normal Kratos would be as normal (not worse off for their attempts at tying story into gameplay balance).  This besides the obvious with another GK type, Chalice, etc. 

>Joe Chill is not chill about this

Sends a shiver along the old spine, yes?

>fleshing out

Quite.

>blame others

>casualties on path for questionable revenge

Sounds about right.

>like God Hand

Good.  Maybe they can factor in the 'performance based AI' antics too.  Make taunts mean more in gameplay.  Action has been doing that for a while now (ticking off foes mostly *not so much the groveling thing*).

>8 Kings

How horrifying.  Then they combine into 8Kingtron with homing shots used not unlike Vergil summoned swords, the grab becomes Burning Finger (or Akuma's famous ULT) *Soul Suck*, the multi-shot becomes like what you would expect from Vanquish with God Hard Bogey's, etc.  Maybe, to be less absurd with a huge foe, it could shrink down to be a technical fight with these sorts of qualities.  We could always use more of that.

>WUT

You didn't know? Gravelording only works in NG+ and higher.  It was a mercy they allowed for Dark Souls rather than having newcomers getting raped by "black" (red) phantoms all over the place.

>pretty swell

True.  Though, in a game going for realism, it almost begs for a climbing system (that would imply navigation more like out of SotC).  At least as with Dragon's Dogma.  And riding on many of the foes while controlling them in some way or another to harm their allies...well it wouldn't be unwelcome.

>serious issues

To put it nicely.

>berserk buff

If it means allowing friendly fire in exchange for almost Red Tearstone levels of power increase, a bit more speed, hyper stamina recovery and ignoring pain in some fashion (maybe dulling other senses with repeated use without dying to reset, dealing damage while active *not unlike Power Within*, reducing life total with repeated use until death, stamina damage upon running out, etc.), I could get behind it.  Tactical advantage with risks and griefing potential.

>break the 99 cap

Not like it would be a huge deal for non-upgrade means to do this when the returns become so small.  Would be swell if higher levels meant more for casting speed and things that are affected like that.  It feels like it could stand to have a slightly larger difference between the most minimum capacity to use such things and what would be 'beyond' the normal limits.

>high stat requirement and not buffable

Regarding PvP, I suppose that would help.

>static buff amount

STR sure could use some help standing out...

>ruins his pose

>stun lock

My, my.

>more fun than a pillow fight

And that's no small feat. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SBK91

Even just 'focusing' on SP is a tall order if MP is not entirely removed for the cancer that it is.

It's extremely difficult to stop them from influencing each other (MP receiving SP elements, nerfing them then porting back over). Why they can't keep the nerfs in MP like Insomniac is baffling.

Just something extra. Nothing more.

It'd be better received for it. Maybe even get individual level speed runs for co-op missions.

And certainly not denied to those who have the game.

Because it stops used game sales and pirates, right?

I'm just not able to respect it even with the potential it has in gameplay

Some great boss and enemy design, well done QTEs (on par with God Hand), interesting move properties, physical and magic attacks chaining into a combo system, super system (alternates *Forms* and buffs *Summons*), encourages specialty runs *Lv 1 in Final Mix+*, etc.

I guess I just have something of a dislike how for the the later FF entry crew that perverts the flavor of it

Don't know if the FFXIII crew has much to do with KH. I can appreciate XII's MMO combat and classes *director's cut*, but hate the AI fighting for me and the optimal offense apparently being berserked normal attacks. XIII sounded like s*** on all accounts. XV's being made exclusively by the KH2 team (the only reason I'm interested). Hopefully an expanded KH2 without the Disney holding it back (instead, FF nonsense). Thirteen weapons (said to have unique movesets), with a default sword, Guts-esque zweihander, and spear/pole shown in gameplay. Gun is confirmed in an interview, knife and dual swords can be made out on the selection. Real time weapon switching, magic (that may be weapon dependent and hopefully comboable like KH), running/riding monsters and vehicles, and summons who are sorted into 'classes'.

Of course, there'll be a JP only director's cut that completely obsoletes vanilla.

mains of Disney aren't much to my liking a lot of the time either

And they have the audacity to keep Gaston in the shadows.

If they could swallow up Looney Tunes

Unlikely. Disney owns the rights IIRC. Maybe a Roger Rabbit mash up, but only for a world. They've used up all the good 90's movies and classics.

May as well abuse Star Wars straight away

Marvel too. Squirrel Girl be one Hell of an optional boss...

and toss in Starkiller to keep that actor working almost like a sort of grave dancing ritual for his career

Because Sora needs Grip.

A hatred for the fans is a thing too, I suppose.

But they're so much fun. One delightful 'fan' believes DMC, NG, MGR and Vanquish to have bad combat due to the lack of a stamina bar and that Skyrimm's combat was deeper than God Hand.

Glave's hard not to like.

More a fan of the others, but he wasn't half bad as an ass

More of a Daffy fellow?

That would certainly not read as desirable for the genre in question.

Piss difficulty aside, KH2 did such a good job blending the genres too.

I'd want it as a special input. Then it would be acceptable.

Be good as an O special. Not like anyone's going to miss Rage of the Furies.

>new parry

"Go to Hell."-Dante

My eyes have seen the glory...

Doesn't even have to be in tip top shape. Just able to freeze and shatter anything.

had real spells,

You think so? Even GoWIII level would have been a feat.

I fancy having them throughout as yet another potential run facet.

Agreeable.

But then, in that case, why not just allow upgrading of these things to make it a NUR consideration too?

The only objection is having all them one the upgrade menu at once could be cluttered.

Even if, like Artemis, just a matter of a damage modifier.

Maybe a great discard as a MAX upgrade?

A system like the new 'stun' state is well beyond what B-team can hope to manage.

They couldn't even get the old systems right, and barely implemented this one.

An artifact (or costume) could easily have given the base nerf, moveset changes and even property breaking that the default displays

With rage being manually activated to access the old moveset for a time.

Sends a shiver along the old spine, yes?

"This is worse than the time I made Batman."

Maybe they can factor in the 'performance based AI' antics too.

"I don't love it"-DSP

Make taunts mean more in gameplay.

Just have it activate the gravelord state.

>Kingtron

>Spiral Swords

"Jesus Christ, that's terrifying."-Nito to the basilisks

We could always use more of that.

Let them fly around a bit.

It was a mercy

One should never shield children from the real world.

And riding on many of the foes while controlling them in some way or another to harm their allies...well it wouldn't be unwelcome.

Whip+Logan's Hat+Tarus Demon=Rid'em Cowboy!

>berserk buff

>dulling senses, inflicting damage

Have it disable spells and healing too. Make a great 'dark' Miracle.

It feels like it could stand to have a slightly larger difference between the most minimum capacity to use such things and what would be 'beyond' the normal limits.

They're moving in that direction. Rolling vs weight is continuous now.

STR sure could use some help standing out...

Needing a hit to confirm backstabs isn't going to help.

And that's no small feat.

Especially when your pillows are bars of soap.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrStarkiller

Read One-Punch Man and Uzamaki.  I'm not sure manga is a good medium for horror, but it was still neat (regarding the latter) to see the focus of the tale (silly as it was) taken so far as it was.  As for the premise of the former, it's pretty good with references, comedy, action, fight scenes done well (even when just one-punch), etc.  I'll read Miura's "Japan" eventually (along with some other stuff).

>keeping MP and SP completely divorced from one another

A step in the right direction.  Of course, the shortcut is to just remove the blight itself.

>co-op missions

Challenge runs, speedruns, etc.  This with the usual SP content.  What a waste.

>stops the bad vidya gaymers

"Nope~" - a s***

>various qualities of KH gameplay

I'm aware.  I just don't believe I'll ever really be able to go beyond the fans, the content (art/story), the fruity non-combat mini-games/QTEs, etc.  Mostly because of where I am with life now.  I can't even get around to the games I own (forget about those I don't own).  The window for a time where I could seriously focus on and learn about a new system is mostly behind me.  GoW is such where I already have a base of understanding to work from (jumping right in).  Of course, GoW:A was garbage, so that put me off from playing it (thus my hiatus continues with non-gaming activity).

>crew

This referring to the characters, rather than the makers.

>Gaston denied

As with other such classy chaps.  Likely because they're not 'PC'.

>Disney owns Looney Tunes

Oh?

>Roger Rabbit world

Ah, yes.  That could be a thing.

>Marvel too

I'd forgotten about all that.  Time for Sora to slap around those Marvel boys.  Maybe they'll buy out DC one of these days.  Then Supes will be on the menu along with that punk "Flash".

>needs Grip

If it had combat application where it could be anywhere near as ridiculous as in SWFU, that would be a meaningful skill to impart.

>one fan believes 'wrong things'

How novel.  This boy have a name?

>more for Daffy

A bit.  The more of an ass the character is, the better (generally speaking).

>piss difficulty

Nothing higher settings and challenge conditions can't fix.  Same as with many 'accessible' games.

>miss RotF

I'd sooner miss LotF, CG and HR.

>go to Hell

An understandable sentiment.  As trash as this attempt was, it is workable as something seperate from the normal parry system.  As a parry special, the base would be lvl2 and basically be what we got.  Not all that great beyond the specific case of return (not too great at this) and counter with i-frames to cause a stun state on those where it applies (for what that is worth *sometimes a lot, but often not too much*).  Higher forms would need to work on the recovery time, input delay, i-frame window, direct damage, regain the ability to return 'stare' *even if only at lvl3 or higher*, a second attack option gained (360 AoE for more damage focus instead of stun), change the automatic counter to manual input even for projectiles *keeping the i-frames of the parry animation though while having more if you input the counter*, gaining an air parry *lvl4 or so*, being able to perfect parry unblockables with a very small window *lvl5*, gaining 'rage' with each parry (and counter hit), gains a 360 stun during the parry animation itself *think Sun Shield*, etc.  These sorts of things would help make something from nothing.  Having the normal (GoW1) parry system for enders to punish with (light as Valor and heavy as Plume *both able to cancel as is proper*) from the start would be very nice. 

>able to freeze and shatter anything

Just makes 'ice' all the greater a travesty when one recalls that the "Medusa Blades" were a GoWII dropped idea that manifested through the Urn of the Gorgons...and was never to be properly realized even with this 'golden' oppertunity.  Shameful.

>clutter the menu

Then a WW icon covering them all, I suppose.  Upgrade it once to make them all better.  Upgrade it again to MAX them.  That solves the issue of excessive scrolling.

>great discard at MAX

That to say it gets a special bonus beyond the damage modifier as more incentive for tossing them away?  At any rate, I'd lobby for WWs being immune to Power % (increasing their appeal in NUR on higher settings all the more).  Making the rules for drops more consistent would help.

>access the real moveset

Such a bitter taste left in one's mouth (should never have come to this).

>manual activation

Naturally.  We were against this from the start and made it clear it would be a failure.  Papy should have listened rather than blocked/ignored to insulate himself.  Foolishness.  Mind the vets.  They know their business well.

>DSP

He will play GoWII.  That's inevitable.  He seems to be intending to just avoid God Hand like the plague.  He'll probably play DMC3:SE as the Normal for that shouldn't slap his s*** too hard if he farms for upgrades, items, etc. and stops caring about rank (beyond whining about being told he sucks).  The stream will likely be filled with terrible advice (from casuals and trolls).  Same as the majority of his playthroughs, I suppose.

>activate gravelord state

As in the foe has an increased aggro range, can follow further/longer, hits twice as hard and takes twice as much damage (in exchange for double *or triple* earnings with better drop rates)?  Something like that?

NOTE: Going back to Squirrel Girl as an optional boss.  If she goes off-screen, she wins instantly.

>dark Miracle

Evil (or just not quite 'good') deities, is it?  Suits me.

>weight focus

So I've heard.  Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

>bars of soap

So long as you don't drop them, it should be fine. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SBK91

I'm not sure manga is a good medium for horror

How novel. Hard to make a medium known for magic girls scary.

As for the premise of the former, it's pretty good with references, comedy,

>good comedy in manga/anime

That's quite exceptional. "Louie" is well worth watching. Good writing, funny, refuge in audacity, 'real', etc.

Of course, the shortcut is to just remove the blight itself.

The preferred option if the executives let them.

Mostly because of where I am with life now.

Vidya after next gen...probably won't be missing much as digital games and tablets take over with even more emphasis on casuals and DLC.

This referring to the characters, rather than the makers.

Oh. Them. KH Sephy's alright for trolling both sides with his immortality/invincibility *only Cloud can hurt him*. The 'fighters' (Cloud, Tifa and Leon) don't talk much. Rest are bleh. Better than Lightning though.

Likely because they're not 'PC'.

Rest assured we will see them in the next saga. No one sells games like Gaston.

Oh?

Oops, meant KH.

Time for Sora to slap around those Marvel boys.

Better be a free-for-all fight. Thor and Friends aren't worth a damn individually.

Then Supes will be on the menu

They had a topic about that recently. Went as you'd expect (keyblade/magic won't harm Supes, Supes is faster than time stopping magic, Genie doesn't count, Genie can't kill, etc). Even brought up an alternate reality warping Superman (which defeats the purpose of the character).

>Flash

Needs the Speed Force to be noticeable. J'onn, GL and Dr. Fate would be more interesting. Better still, Mixy.

that would be a meaningful skill to impart.

It'd be fun to send Mickey the LONG WAY DOWN.

This boy have a name?

CokaineCowboy77. The boy is terribly upset a 'kids game' is deeper than DmC and makes the weirdest comments. Situational-activated abilities have no context, there's no structure to the combat without a stamina bar, you can't choose between evades because some can only be used in the air, magic isn't viable (and when shown a super boss raped by spamming magic, says just because you can spam something doesn't make it viable), Forms/Summons aren't useful/deep because you can't control them (because they're buffs), special properties (knockback, launches, projectiles) don't add to the combat because you don't 'choose' the property, among other things. This while defending simpler systems in FF/Dark Souls.

Also believes evading is never hard (in any game), DMC3/4 combo videos are simple to pull off, and VH NUR Clones are artificial difficulty.

The more of an ass the character is, the better

The prophet Elijah?

Nothing higher settings and challenge conditions can't fix.

FM+ did this with a vengeance.

These sorts of things would help make something from nothing.

Can't believe it didn't build rage in Ascension. What you describe sounds workable; regular parry for damage via Valor/Plume and the special for everything else.

and was never to be properly realized even with this 'golden' opportunity.

"Ya blew it."

That to say it gets a special bonus beyond the damage modifier as more incentive for tossing them away?

A la Anger of the Gods. Club gets a meteor strike *super Fire bomb*, Lightning for the spear, etc.

At any rate, I'd lobby for WWs being immune to Power %

I'd second that.

Such a bitter taste left in one's mouth

"WE NEED SOMETHING NEW."-the B Team

Papy should have listened rather than blocked/ignored to insulate himself.

"And that is why you fail"-Yoda

He'll probably play DMC3:SE as the Normal for that shouldn't slap his s*** too hard if he farms for upgrades,

If he gets past M2. And 3, 4, and 5.

Something like that?

>double damage

>less time grinding

Where do I sign up?

If she goes off-screen, she wins instantly.

And she can teleport.

So long as you don't drop them, it should be fine.

That's her job.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrStarkiller

>magic girl medium

It's just neat flavoring (horror) in Berserk.  Uzamaki just tries to go further with that angle.  It's cute.

>comedy

It's silly, but not really in the sense that it is looking to make you laugh.

>if they let them

But they won't.  Fix it with much, much more MP.

>new gen

I won't be bothering with it for a long while (if at all).

>them

Yes.  Them.

>better than some generic anime woman

I'm sure.

>no one does X like Gaston

Quite.

>free-for-all

"You can't beat me, I'll take you all on!" - Goku (Dead Zone original Ocean Dub)

>magic won't harm Supes

>magic

Were they asked to explain their nonsense?

>faster than time stop

He'll be equally slow as anything else during time stop.

>Genie doesn't count/can't kill

KH Genie can.  And regular Genie does count.  He can imprison Supes with magic (among other things like making him just a normal human *which is going light on him* rather than a Kryptonian).

>reality warper Supes

Still inferior to higher level reality warpers.  It's not even Supes at that point though.  Just a poor attempt at matching his betters by those like the fans (who can't accept he has limitations he'll never overcome with brute strength).

>Speed Force

And it still wouldn't save him from reality warping.

>ring-out on Mickey

Hmmm, yes.  Then Porky announces how that is 'all' to the folks at home.

>CokaineCowboy77

>77

*shakes head in disgust*

And this with the drug reference to go with the lame cultural icon cited.

>weirdest comments

I see.

>citing Dark Souls

Often the mark of a casual.  Previously one would note Ninja Gaiden as a notable for how 'core' you are in Action.  Almost nobody ever dropped "God Hand" though.

>evades are always easy

As would be defending with perfect parries, I presume (RG specifically invoked).

>artificial difficulty

Did he explain which definition he was going with?  May as well call him a casual and see how he responds to this.  Then, when he admits it applies, call him a scrub (repeating the process).  Along the way, offer to help him to help himself (with lessons).  You know the drill.

>prophet Elijah

Was that 'bear summoning' guy? *checks* Ah, Elisha.  Easy mistake to make.  This was the 'fire rain' guy.

>with a vengeance

As is proper.

>workable

"That's the best I can do." - Pawn guy

>like AotG

A passive extra (lesser version of a special part of normals)?

>past M2

M2 is the first real hurdle and his 'smart' fans should warn him to go ahead and be ready to farm at length, to get good with shotgun (for lack of the devil arm meant for Cerberus), note future cases will give weakness weapons ahead of time (rather than after), comfort with talk of how the boss wrecks new players, tell him about evade/jump i-frames, RG cancels, trickster i-frames, each head controls a given special he can do, what attacks he uses at what range, exploitable aspects of the fight, etc.  He'll need all the tips he can get.  Otherwise, it'll get ugly even if this is the real Normal (rather than 'Hard' as it was for me when I played DMC3 prior to SE).  Using boss weaknesses as he progresses should help him out, but he'll probably complain about the new system not letting him take all weapons and switch out what can be quick selected in the pause menu (needs the statues).  You can likely see a number of issues in his future for that title.

>less time grinding

If you can manage ring-outs and other such antics to take them out, certainly.  The Dragon Scales were the most offensive example of unreasonably rare drops as I saw it.  The item discovery cut off too early (or this was just too rare).  Sort of like how humanity cut off too soon for making Chaos weapons stronger.  Lots of things just weren't notable.  We've been over that though.

>and she can teleport

Mother of God...

>her job

And her failure is why she must be taught again.  With your fists. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SBK91

Uzamaki just tries to go further with that angle. It's cute.

Charming.

Fix it with much, much more MP.

Ascension was a fluke. They'll be sure to get it right the second time with a bigger budget and more focus.

if at all

DSP should provide all the coverage necessary.

Were they asked to explain their nonsense?

The closest they got to a reason was Supes has fought magic users before (specifically Captain Marvel) and won, so Sora wouldn't present a problem. They seemed to forget he often has backup and Marvel never actually uses magic to fight.

KH Genie can.

That's what I said. But Aladdin is more canon to KH than KH or something.

among other things like making him just a normal human

Not to mention empowering Sora or summoning Squirrel Girl. He's not exactly lacking options.

It's not even Supes at that point though. Just a poor attempt at matching his betters by those like the fans

Precisely. Also, guess who showed up claiming Goku bench pressed 4 trillion tons in base form?

And this with the drug reference to go with the lame cultural icon cited.

"It'd be funny if it wasn't so pathetic."-Joker

Previously one would note Ninja Gaiden as a notable for how 'core' you are in Action.

Wasn't a bad indicator. God Hand has almost no casual appeal and the basic specialty run (Hard KMS) starts with a brutal trial by fire that surpasses GH Bogeys (Gold and Silver).

As would be defending with perfect parries, I presume

Yep. I noted DMD Mundus 2.

Did he explain which definition he was going with?

"The fact that you're artificialy CREATED the difficulty. Harder =/= deeper" Note the tenses.

May as well call him a casual and see how he responds to this.

Probably NO U.

Along the way, offer to help him to help himself (with lessons).

He doesn't need lessons for such an 'easy' game.

Was that 'bear summoning' guy?

...I was not aware of this.

This was the 'fire rain' guy.

Bring extreme drought to people who worship a rain deity. And they say Allah doesn't have a sense of humor.

A passive extra (lesser version of a special part of normals)?

Works for me.

tell him about evade/jump i-frames, RG cancels, trickster i-frames

Is he skilled enough to use these?

>Cerberus

If they're smart, they'd advise staying in the lower left corner mashing Shoot and Style with Gunslinger E&I. Should easily tank by on Normal. He'll probably try to take off the ice with melee if things get hectic and die.

Using boss weaknesses as he progresses should help him out,

Most bosses are weak against Cerberus, which is still far weaker than aerial Beo/A&R. Vergil will give him particular trouble Cerberus quickly hit the hit cap for low damage, then provoking the counter.

You can likely see a number of issues in his future for that title.

He'll never figure out Nevan, how to get through boss shields on his own, switch between the Styles (all of them staying at low levels), won't figure out the DTE, etc.

With your fists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFb2NExVIWU&t=11s

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrStarkiller

>charming

Just so.

>fluke

The vets are to blame.  No, the fans at large.  So entitled that they didn't just give up all the money upon seeing MP injected into the franchise.  Those poor fools simply don't know what they want.  But the devs knew.  Executives told them.  When has that ever been a recipe for anything other than great success?  Also, people are clearly tired of the old formula. It needs to be even more radically different.  It should be rebooted.

>more focus

Clearly.

>DSP

Hmmm, yes.

>he won, therefore he isn't weak to it

Really?

>more canon

This was at a video game forum, yes?

>not lacking options

If he is, it is only because he lacked imagination.

>guess who

This is where my 'bad habit' factors.  I can't guess, as I won't remember most of the lads I've had dealings with (no matter how well they fondly recall the sweet exchanges in their mind).  It was just Tuesday for GodModeGOD.

>Goku

Has lost every fight he has ever had with Vegeta.  He should be asked to explain this.  Also, denote that Gohan will forever be stronger than his father in-canon (and it isn't even close).  This besides Goku being a terrible father, husband and friend.  True facts, one and all.

>It'd be funny

"Heck, I'll laugh anyway." - Joker 

>not a bad indicator

It was ripe for picking apart too.  Citing Ninja Master (or DMD) was wide open for questioning (before going 'beyond').

>trial-by-fire

>Fresh Hard KMS Gold and Silver 

Yeah, I suppose so.  I'd have to imagine things like the dragon kick wall lock, pummels and object toss would help quite a bit.  I've still much to learn/familiarize with.  I would obviously favor less skill intensive things (ring-out, object toss/weapons, pummel spam, etc.).  Getting used to the controls (and making good use of evade for setting up the right moves to get a given foe at a given setting to choke on some sort of lock) would be the first concern, I'd say.  Due to Eternal, I briefly sampled the game to put on a show for him.  That and DD:DA.  He tried Dark Souls.  Didn't go well for him, but he hardly had time with it (less than 90 minutes).  A cousin of mine started up a blind playthrough of DS:PtDE (PC) too.  I'm quite amused.  Still, I have too much on the plate at the moment.  Can't keep up with all these things at once.

>GH Bogeys

With melee only?

>quote on artificial difficulty

Adorable.

>NO U

That would be amusing.  One response would be to 'mind the times' (surroundings).  Imply it was done in jest and could not possibly have been serious.  Ask again.

>doesn't need lessons

"And yet here we are."  You know the sorts of replies I tend to like to give.

>was not aware of this

Looked up Elisha?

>sense of humor

Darker than pitch.

>skilled enough

He could do it, yes.  With plenty of effort and time put in.  His age will have caught up with him.  Does he possess the right mindset?  No.  Is his spirit there?  No.  Will he?  No.  It's not that the boy lacks 'skill', it's that he's stupid and lazy.  He "lacks motivation".  He has a talent.  Enough of it to play fighters to the point of being a low-level national tournie type (for one game).  That's still saying enough for what he could do if he tried a bit.  Even then, I'm sure he had more than a few flaws in his mindset and practices that prevented him from reaching his limits (before those that are truly more capable).

>patiently chip

If it took more than five minutes, I doubt he would just keep at it.

>Vergil will give him trouble

Vergil will get item spammed to death.

>he won't figure out

Even most of the things noted (correctly) by the fans.  That's if he even listens.

>hammer of justice

>justice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yOrvMZigHY&t=1m54s 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SBK91

So entitled that they didn't just give up all the money upon seeing MP injected into the franchise.

The devs should start a support group. Share stories, make pledges, preach forgiveness to all those who've been hurt by the entitled.

Those poor fools simply don't know what they want.

A GoW game.

When has that ever been a recipe for anything other than great success?

Benghazi.

Also, people are clearly tired of the old formula.

That's why GoWIII is the best selling game in the series.

It needs to be even more radically different.

Shakespearean, even?

Really?

Yes. I could not argue against it.

This was at a video game forum, yes?

Yep.

If he is, it is only because he lacked imagination.

"I wish for more imagination."-Sora to Genie

I can't guess, as I won't remember most of the lads I've had dealings with

Firemage.

Has lost every fight he has ever had with Vegeta.

Goten carries on the tradition.

He should be asked to explain this.

He just wanted to note how Goku was stronger than people believed and that you can't say who would win when both are portrayed inconsistently.

Also, denote that Gohan will forever be stronger than his father in-canon (and it isn't even close).

With Gohan himself even farther below Supes.

Citing Ninja Master (or DMD) was wide open for questioning

True. Items and farming can trivialize either. Good tactics too.

I'd have to imagine things like the dragon kick wall lock, pummels and object toss would help quite a bit.

The problem is separating them. Together they'll kill you in seconds and have fast lunging attacks (the dive kick being uninterruptable). It takes around four cycles to kill one. This while having to redo the first four waves each retry.

I would obviously favor less skill intensive things (ring-out, object toss/weapons, pummel spam, etc.)

The Drunken attacks and Hand Plank Kick>jump roundhouse are highly recommended.

>DD:DA

Hear they fixed the difficulty issues with it.

go well for him, but he hardly had time with it (less than 90 minutes).

Getting lost is a pretty big concern.

With melee only?

Not that bad.

Adorable.

Keeps getting sillier. Says that since I'm the one doubting his claim, the 'burden of doubt' (to provide proof) rests on me, that Forms/Summons aren't buffs because 'all they do is make you stupidly overpowered', and that all options which aren't 'Attack' don't add to the games depth because they're 'cheap' and make the game easier.

That would be amusing.

He's taken to calling me a casual.

Imply it was done in jest and could not possibly have been serious. Ask again.

Yes sir.

Looked up Elisha?

Those boys had no right to insult him. His baldness was quite bearable.

It's not that the boy lacks 'skill', it's that he's stupid and lazy

Fine American, that one.

Enough of it to play fighters to the point of being a low-level national tournie type

Who doesn't want to go up against DSP?

If it took more than five minutes, I doubt he would just keep at it.

Takes about that long on DMD without upgrades IIRC. He would stop even if it guaranteed victory?

Vergil will get item spammed to death.

His reaction to infinite Judgement Cut should be amusing.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrStarkiller

>support group

I'd like to see them try to support the balls of the ass who made the call for MP in spite of knowing full well the failures of it in this genre and the lack of love/demand coming from the fanbase.

>a GoW game

But that formula is old and busted...

>Benghazi

A fluke, surely.

>why GoWIII is best selling

Pretty graphics, more celebrity VA antics, etc. aside, it had to have been the awesome promoting via vendor specific pre-order DLC.  Kids love it!  Or maybe it was just due to the greatness of GoWII with expectations for a next gen successor being sky high despite signs showing it would fall short (at the very least).

>Shakespearean

Can't go wrong with that.  Masterworks all.

NOTE: Sampled DD:DA a bit due to Eternal wanting to play it (which more became me playing his character for the Action while he handled the RPG aspects).

>Sora to Genie

Hmmm, yes.  This said, I was more referring to why Genie wouldn't be able to do more.  Sora can serve that role for him.  His imagination.

>Firemage

DMG?  He turned tale again quickly with his brief go at the GoW boards again (under an alt during a suspension).  We talking the DmC board again?

>Goten carries on the tradition

Though he doesn't just have an appetite for food, it would seem (based on his interactions with women *including his mother*).  I suppose something had to take up the void where the love of fighting went.

>can't say who would win

Gohan is stronger to the point of absurdity.  Goku can't even touch Super Buu (so gripped by fear was this MC) who was a joke to Gohan.  As for Vegeta, their fight record is all one should ever need to cite.  Canon is the best tool, I find.

>farther below Supes

Then rub it in by trashing Supes (and Flash) with magic girls and all that jazz.

>getting lost

Should make for amusing viewing.  Streams make that troublesome for a player who is very aware their blindness is becoming an obvious factor.  Makes them want to quit far faster.

>not that bad

GH 5-3 with Melee only seems a bit troublesome with the recovery time concerns.  If you can consistently get the double damage headshot with boost melee, that's neat, but that would require getting them downed (EMP).

>burden on you

Quite the silly, boy.

>calling you the casual

A common enough reaction from those bothered by their station.  You've no doubt seen this approach taken in my dealings with others.  Call them casuals, offer aid, they return with cries of 'casual', etc.  Often they will mock challenge runs.  Avoiding detailed discussions of the games in question is their only real hope.  When persistent, they will eventually slip to give some more ammo to work with.

>cheap

Call him a scrub.

>bearable

>bear

Quite.

>fine American

A fine, left-leaning one at that.  Thanks, Obama. *hohoho*

>who doesn't want to

People that don't like hearing him whine after defeats, I suppose.  Most enjoy bringing him down enough to overlook this (if they don't revel in the tears).

>would stop even if it meant victory

He would stray, lose and then complain about the fight.  It's what he does.

>his reaction to Million Cut

Especially with Vergil not even being targetable during this.  That along with the shield state, summoned swords, Force Edge toss, parries (psuedo-RG), Helm Breakers aplenty, etc. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SBK91

I'd like to see them try to support the balls of the ass who made the call for MP

Funny they aren't named in the credits.

in spite of knowing full well the failures of it in this genre and the lack of love/demand coming from the fanbase.

>executives

>knowing anything about game design

Platinum, this ain't.

But that formula is old and busted...

Truly, Ascension's greatest failure was too few carting sections.

A fluke, surely.

What's important is it wasn't the President's fault.

Kids love it!

All those colorful critters and CHAINS EVERYWHERE. Who wouldn't?

Or maybe it was just due to the greatness of GoWII with expectations for a next gen successor being sky high despite signs showing it would fall short

Nonsense. That hasn't happened with any other Action series like, say, DMC.

Sampled DD:DA a bit due to Eternal wanting to play it

Anything change much early game? I don't think Skills were affected.

His imagination.

A role he can do well. Sora can be quite the ass when he wants.

We talking the DmC board again?

KH3 board. It was a while ago.

based on his interactions with women *including his mother*

He'll get further with that crush than his father's *Vegeta*.

I suppose something had to take up the void where the love of fighting went.

Between inbreeding and SS3, it's a mercy Frieza ended the Saiyans when he did.

Canon is the best tool, I find.

Unless it has giant robits lose.

so gripped by fear was this MC

Yet he's more than happy to kill Buu's child form (after trying to sacrifice his best friend to it).

Makes them want to quit far faster.

"I have no supplies and nowhere to go."-DSP, ten feet from the Blighttown bonfire

If you can consistently get the double damage headshot with boost melee,

Oh?

Often they will mock challenge runs.

This one likes to claim you just have to 'dodge moar'.

When persistent, they will eventually slip to give some more ammo to work with.

Coke favors calling something useless, then when shown it's not due to mechanics or damage modifiers, insists it's still useless because he doesn't use 'easy modes'. Already tried the 'X is true for me' approach. He doesn't know what i-frames or AoE means, and is under the impression Dark Soul's rolls/flips don't have i-frames. Claims to have done SL1 (fat chance).

He's also posting less now. Not sure if he's running out of steam or only posting a bit at a time and I'm overlapping him.

Call him a scrub.

Done.

A fine, left-leaning one at that.

Damn liberal academia.

Most enjoy bringing him down enough to overlook this (if they don't revel in the tears).

How could he lose when there's no lag?

It's what he does.

Embarrass himself for the enjoyment of others. Bless his heart.

>Summoned Swords

Not on Normal, I believe.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MrStarkiller

>aren't credited

Humble too.  How nice.

>Platinum

Hopefully nothing regrettable happens in the next two years or so with the team splitting apart, new 'creative leads', bad producers, executive meddling, etc.

>too few carting sections

Carting is just the beginning of a great formula change to come.

>wasn't

Of course not.

>who wouldn't

The gentiles.

>hasn't happened

Fair point.

>DMC2

An apt example.  As with DMC4 when compared to DMC4.  Or...DmC to even DMC4.

>change much

Hard to tell.  He picked easy.  I don't even know what that affects.  He made us a Strider, then Ranger, followed by Mage.  He's working towards Sorceror and then Magic Archer, I guess.  I haven't had much time with vanilla outside the demo.  I only really knew fighter well.  Had lots of issues with RPG elements.  Being heavy in particular.  I don't care about items or using them in combat, so I like to just deposit almost everything  (secret softner aside as I'll want it for petrification).  We already have the infamous 'mega elixer' mindset (too good to use).  I do use skulls now and then to curse big foes for the Hell of it (if I have them).  He made his character small.  He picked a strider, but hasn't been trying to learn to climb on foes (we need Dire Gouge in the future) and doesn't fancy the manual bow aim much.

I figure Magic Archer should help with half of the issues and Assassin will cover the dagger issues.  His pawn has been a Mage and became a Sorceror recently.  Regarding silliness, lots of issues with opening up the map to reveal the world.  Mission problems too.  Not sure why, but I wasn't being offered some missions I expected to help lead me to certain places and instead bumbled into them all across the map.  Lots of night ventures taken.  The last one was without oil for the lantern.  It went swimmingly as you might imagine. 

Being a mage at the time, lots of spells were cast ahead to give light and attack ahead.  The extra pawns are just near level Sorcerors with a focus on having Maelstrom as a pre-requisiste while having NO BOONS (or Affinity) other than Fire (if any).  For now anyway.  If they had meteor (and they don't), I'd be going for that too.  Can't really rely on the pawns to smartly use stuff like the Death spell, I feel.  I'm getting the hang of using different abilities.  Manual aim of Fire balls, weakpoint attacks with Lightning, input for the different charges shots, some traversal tricks, cheap places to fight from, etc.

It's difficult to let him play at times as he prefers to get stoned and watch while eating instead of playing.  His patience for death is much lower than my own.  Save scumming is often used (outside).  I'm not really interested in doing it for drops/chests though.  We might visit BB isle for a bit (some gear) after doing some more story based escorts.

>quite the ass

If he were to play up this aspect of his character, his less desirable attributes could surely be overlooked.

>KH3 board

>awhile ago

Before he had to use an alt?

>he'll get further

My hentai is proof of that.  AT being the whore that he is, has bless PBX's work as canon.

>Frieza's mercy

He really loved to spare various peoples and places of the indignity they brought upon themselves.

>DSP and Blighttown round 1

Ah, yes.  Classic.

>giant robits

Burrr.

>double damage headshot

But not without EMPs from what I can tell.  It's tricky business even then.  Thing would be very different if they shared the Buzzard weakness of some extremity to hit without us overheating while dealing the damage and stagger.

>more than happy to kill the weaker form

And wish it back to be weaker still so he could run off with it.  Disgusting.

>dodge more

To which you respond?  In GoW we would often chide this with various alternatives (tricking, AI boundaries, etc.).

>easy modes

So he's calling the obviously superior (to his approach) method 'cheap'?  Scrub.

>doesn't know about what i-frames or AoE refers to

And DPS?

>doesn't believe i-frames are in DaS

>SL1

Did he do it like DMG (or whoever) did?  With a partner playing the carry, gifter, etc.? 

>running out of steam

Likely.  The boys lack stamina.

>liberal academia

I'll get plenty of that noise as a mandatory, I'm sure.  Tolerance, understanding, PC, -isms, harassment, etc.  I'd rather learn the law, how to use my gun well, how to drive better, about cars in general, fighting tips, weapons training, etc.  Things more useful to the job than some office type.

>lose without lag

There is always lag when he loses.  And the other guy was cheap (with an unearned victory).

>bless his heart

Quite the character, he is.

>not on Normal

"How boring." - Vergil 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SBK91

>humble

Some may say cowardly.

Hopefully nothing regrettable happens in the next two years or so with the team splitting apart, new 'creative leads', bad producers, executive meddling, etc.

The MGR and Kamiya teams should continue to put out quality, but Mikami will be sorely missed. Perhaps Bethesda will buy the Vanquish rights (though his new horror game is supposedly the last time he'll direct). We'll see how Bayonetta 2 turns out.

Carting is just the beginning of a great formula change to come.

Next up: guns. Bayonetta has them and that makes it OK.

Of course not.

It was obviously Congressional Republicans' fault.

The gentiles.

Wretched pagans.

As with DMC3 when compared to DMC4.

In some ways worse than 2 (since it's completely shunned).

He made us a Strider, then Ranger, followed by Mage. He's working towards Sorceror and then Magic Archer, I guess.

Wants to sample a bit of everything? Strider was the worst class easily. No OP exclusive skills.

Had lots of issues with RPG elements.

I HATE having to keep track of when quests, items, and other missables become available. I want to fight things, not referring to a 10 page flow chart to figure out if the next tier of abilities has become available.

I don't care about items or using them in combat

Don't fancy resources that don't regenerate on their own. Classes mean less when you can Throwblast your way through the game.

We already have the infamous 'mega elixer' mindset (too good to use).

Hard to die when you can trivially buy 50+ healing items. Hard mode should cap it at 10 each (which would still be overkill).

I do use skulls now and then to curse big foes for the Hell of it (if I have them).

You can turn in 50 for a quest IIRC.

I figure Magic Archer should help with half of the issues

Sorcerer is better for braindead distance attacks. MA blooms late and is susceptible to elemental resistances, but can shut down most foes and potentially outdamage everything but a MK (no shame there). Great Sacrifice should help.

Assassin will cover the dagger issues.

Best physical class in the game, and it isn't close. Stupid damage, great defenses, versatile, and easy to use.

Not sure why, but I wasn't being offered some missions I expected to help lead me to certain places and instead bumbled into them all across the map.

They weren't showing up on the Inn board?

It went swimmingly as you might imagine.

Good thing you didn't lose your cool.

The extra pawns are just near level Sorcerors with a focus on having Maelstrom as a pre-requisiste

Go big or go home. Most enemies don't take more than one.

Can't really rely on the pawns to smartly use stuff like the Death spell, I feel.

I've heard Ranger pawns with Tenfold Furry only work pretty well.

I'm getting the hang of using different abilities.

Get to sample Holy Focused Bolts?

It's difficult to let him play at times as he prefers to get stoned and watch while eating instead of playing. His patience for death is much lower than my own

My roommate's much the same. Fun guy, but hardcore casual. Didn't complete the Halo 4 campaign.

I'm not really interested in doing it for drops/chests though

Not like you get anything important from chests anyway. Most the good main game stuff is Gold Idol.

If he were to play up this aspect of his character, his less desirable attributes could surely be overlooked.

Let Platinum's cutscene guys handle the story *treat it as a joke*. Battle Sora's fine (often humiliating enemies with their own tools). Neat quotes too ("THUNDAH" "Is that all you got?").

Before he had to use an alt?

His last few days as the alt.

AT being the whore that he is, has bless PBX's work as canon.

PBX?

He really loved to spare various peoples and places of the indignity they brought upon themselves.

Who could deny Goku is the true villain? Mocking Frieza and tricking him into maiming himself. Then when he pulls himself together, Goku doesn't have the guts to face him (instead relying on his rival's son).

And wish it back to be weaker still so he could run off with it.

As a minority, no less.

To which you respond?

That if you're dodging at all against regular enemies, you're doin it wrong.

In GoW we would often chide this with various alternatives (tricking, AI boundaries, etc.).

I suggested Reflect *shames RG* and Limits *invincible throughout*, which he promptly dismissed as worthless (then changed to 'cheap easy modes').

So he's calling the obviously superior (to his approach) method 'cheap'?

It apparently doesn't add anything to the game, since it's building off the normal Attack command. But Dark Souls R1 mashing for every weapon doesn't count, because stamina bar. He didn't respond when questioned what the most damaging upgrade path is after Crystal.

And DPS?

Hasn't come up. I'll fix that.

>I frames in DS

He still refuses to believe it after being linked to two videos of players flipping through attacks (one of which was WoG).

Did he do it like DMG (or whoever) did?

He said Naked, fists only with no Dragon Form. I called bull s***.

The boys lack stamina.

And recover slowly.

Tolerance, understanding, PC, -isms, harassment, etc.

Given the high class of citizens you associate with, it's only natural you'd be educated so as not to offend their more delicate senses.

>learning practical things

Such is the way of men.

There is always lag when he loses.

He's the Batman (Ben Affleck) of gaming. Even when there's not lag, there is.

And the other guy was cheap

It takes a real man to win with bad characters.

Quite the character, he is.

I want to pinch those chubby cheeks of his and never let go.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrStarkiller

>some may say

Some may say many things.  Nasty things.

>new horror game

With how that genre has been going, I can only imagine a trainwreck as the bookend.

>how Bayonetta 2 turns out

We shall see indeed.  Hotel even got a Wii U for his love of the mysterious Umbran.

>Bayonetta has them

She also has breasts.  What next?  Dante and Kratos get rule 63?

>Congress is to blame

Clearly it is the fault of those insufferable 1% chappies we heard so much about a few years back.

>pagans

Mystics.  They'll get theirs.

>worse than two

A harsh critique.

>sample a bit of all

Yeah.  Which means we'll circle back to the Fighter, Warrior and Mystic Knight last, I suppose.  Weak damage with physical blows.

>no OP exclusives

Just have to play smart and cheap.  Not really looking to be his thing.

>keeping tracking of various things

And failing missions is a pain when you can't retry at all.  Side-missions.  Bah.

>throwblast

2good

>buy healing

I haven't been allowing this.  No buying of any such thing.  Just finding.  And we find a lot as it is.  Lots of crap that just goes into a pile.

>50 skulls for a quest

Cute.  We have lots of the damn things.  Same for those stupid 'Horns'.  You get 40 for some lame quest.

>better for ranged

Long casts require a modest amount of thought.  Aim and fire requires only inputs.  I'll love using Sorceror for Exequy and the other spells.  This much I know.

>Great Sacrifice

He'll get a kick out of that one.

>weren't showing up at the inn

Yeah, that and some missions (when continued/selected) wouldn't show me where to go next on the map.  I had a vague idea, so I just wandered until I bumbled into them to finish things off.

>go big or go home

I wish the pawn mindset was like this when put online.  Just set your character up with only that ability and maybe one other thing that is situationally useful.  I don't want crap spells out of your pawn, I want the big guns and I want them all the time.  I'll draw the aggro if I have to.

>just 'X simple, but good ability' set

>great results

Imagine that.

>sample HFB

Nope.  Just got him to give us charged shots.  Now I need to get the Holy version.  We'll be casting it on ourselves (naturally).  Can't rely on pawns for these things.

>nothing from chests

Pretty much just a BBI thing (mostly).  Fire daggers are about all that readily comes to mind as an exception (if I remember right).  I believe that was the Quarry.

>PBX

Pandora's Box.  Somewhat well known among the DB hentai community.  (In)Famous.

>who could deny

Blind fools.  Shall I link you to some recent such cases I've been having a go with?

>worthless to cheap

Means he didn't know what he was talking about.  Also, he's a scrub.  Explain what that means to him.  That he invents honor codes, loses before he starts due to not playing to win, needs to learn to counter the 'cheap' (and find counters to counters), etc.

>didn't respond

Ride him on this (as is appropriate).

>refuses to believe his eyes

"Pathetic!" - Ares

>Naked Bare Fists

Come now.  Next he'll say he did a 'no heal, no bonfire' speedrun like LobosJr did (again).

>so as not to offend

Oh, boy.  They've got a lot of educating to do with ye old GMG.

>real man to win with bad characters

It takes a bigger man to lose with good characters by not using their strengths (as they are cheap).

>and never let go

"Never, huh?" - Vegeta 

EDIT

Just one of a great many places I've done business: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPXtz26Eth8

Pushed the boy to his limit (blocking).  All too easy.  There are some others like this:

OnlyAfro's Doppleganger video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhXXxMqvNk

Pretty much most of the videos for Bruce (xcalizorz) or DSP that I comment on (so no link). *unless specifics were asked of me*  DSP never got involved, but Bruce joined in (to slap around his fans).  Rubikant did too (to a lesser extent) same as with John/Dan.  Sometimes the 'fans' don't know their place.  Seraphim had some fans like that, but he is 'gent-lite' as you know.

Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny OST: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcOfTQvg48s

Goku is a liar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNHu6fyctb4 *very small reaction here sadly*

Sadly, a good number of videos were removed either by the user or copyright.  Such is the nature of such content on YT.

Janemba vs Hildegarn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnui57_AJSw *added a 'new' comment to stir the pot again*

Broly vs Super Buu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xosbN8HohQ *same note*

Gohan Kills Cell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIT1wm3FH9Y *another recent bump added to see who chimes in*

Got to keep the flame (of discussion) alive.  I'd very much like to have you weigh in.  Particularly on the first link.  Maybe the Bayonetta one too.  Can't go letting people say wrong things on the internet.  Wouldn't be good form.

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SBK91

Nasty things.

True things.

With how that genre has been going, I can only imagine a trainwreck as the bookend.

But Mikami.

Hotel even got a Wii U for his love of the mysterious Umbran.

My word. Hotel usually doesn't buy games new, let alone a (Nintendo) console for just for one. Bayonetta must have made quite an impression.

Dante and Kratos get rule 63?

Of course not. Look how they reacted to Tissy's fake death. What happens when Dante implies violence against women is a joke?

Clearly it is the fault of those insufferable 1% chappies we heard so much about a few years back.

Had they paid their share of taxes, we could have afforded proper security.

A harsh critique.

If the gauntlet fits.

Weak damage with physical blows.

Abyssmal Anguish will have something to say about that. Warrior should pretty good regardless of build. Awesome normals, lots of HP, passive super armor, stagger everywhere, cheap tricks with AoD, etc. Fighter's just above Strider. No ranged skills, Dragon's Maw and Soul Skewer carry it.

Just have to play smart and cheap.

You bet. No real reason to choose Strider over Ranger. Much higher damage, longer range, gets Hundred Kisses, better debuffs, Great Gamble, etc. Leaping Stone's rather pointless and Implicate has issues (the biggest being it doesn't just ignore super armor).

Side-missions.

We should be able to buy the crap we missed later on.

I haven't been allowing this. No buying of any such thing.

Good man.

Lots of crap that just goes into a pile.

To rot.

You get 40 for some lame quest.

Meh. XP is XP.

Long casts require a modest amount of thought.

Nothing like getting the drop on an Ogre with a big f****** twister.

He'll get a kick out of that one.

The pawn's level apparently doesn't affect its damage. So even hiring trash could let you dish out great damage.

Yeah, that and some missions (when continued/selected) wouldn't show me where to go next on the map.

"Weird."-Kronk

Just set your character up with only that ability and maybe one other thing that is situationally useful.

Hell, FFXII had this.

I don't want crap spells out of your pawn, I want the big guns and I want them all the time.

Not like you need to land more than one.

We'll be casting it on ourselves (naturally).

The farther you get into the game, the better it gets. Run around like an idiot nuking the s*** out of everything. No aiming, no stamina cost, high stun, penetrates walls and minor healing.

Fire daggers are about all that readily comes to mind as an exception (if I remember right). I believe that was the Quarry.

Correct.

Somewhat well known among the DB hentai community.

Any reason this hasn't been incorporated into the anime?

Shall I link you to some recent such cases I've been having a go with?

By all means, please do.

Means he didn't know what he was talking about.

He thinks DmC is a DMC game.

That he invents honor codes, loses before he starts due to not playing to win, needs to learn to counter the 'cheap'

Good stuff. I'll pass it along.

and find counters to counters

"DODGE MOAR"-Coke

Ride him on this (as is appropriate).

I'll ask him how 1h compares to 2h for damage output as well. See what he thinks about DEX vs STR.

>no healing or bonfires

>Blighttown exists

I see.

They've got a lot of educating to do with ye old GMG.

They respect everyone's opinion that doesn't disagree with theirs.

It takes a bigger man to lose with good characters by not using their strengths

Christ-like, almost.

>SSJ3 Goku vs Vegeta

>SSJ3

>J

Off to a roaring stop, I see.

Anywho, SS3 Goku tires out in five minutes and has to go back to the other world. Vegeta wins by default.

>Vegeta is undefeated

Gospel truth.

>wasn't happy beating Goku

>wanted definitive victory

No kill like overkill. What's more, kill him while he's dead.

>beats Goku while stronger, weaker and equal

That's Batman level prep, that is.

>SS2 Vegeta dealt more damage to Buu than Goku with SS3

With SS3 being a big (if useless) jump. Pitiful.

>doesn't know Gohan is tops

>2013

Do keep up.

>doppelganger

Trying to mimic others without proper stats is going to leave you as an inferior copycat. Also, not taking the initiative.

>wants real names

He didn't even buy you dinner.

>doesn't really like you

His actions and words are in disagreement.

>autism

That's just hateful.

The boys seem quite smitten with you.

>Bayonetta OST

>marking comments as spam

For the weak.

>Asura destroying stars

This again? You should note Sora kills him instantly with death magic. No need for Genie.

>Greek Gods are weak

Compared to Allah, who isn't? Otherwise, invincibility to the physical and transfiguration is hard to beat.

>Dante's weapons

>above Bayonetta's

Without Wicked Weaves, maybe cutscene Yamato. Maybe. Gameplay-wise, no way in Hell (Inferno).

>RG mattering to Bayonetta

That's not Reflect.

>Asura punching an intangible being

Do go on.

~This is gold.

>Goku lying

Another bullet for the old resume.

I'd very much like to have you weigh in.

I'll need a YT account. See to it later. Coke needs some learnen and school's about to start.

Can't go letting people say wrong things on the internet.

If they think they can be wrong here, they'll think they can be wrong anywhere.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrStarkiller

>but Mikami

Horror has had a rough time of it lately.  It's an uphill battle even for the best with a solid team and money to work with.

>quite the impression

She's a f***ing celebrity.

>what happens when

Someone gets sad, then you tell them the Moon people did it and that you would be racist to attack their culture.

>if the gauntlet fits

And if it doesn't?

>carry skills

Everybody loves limited build options for RPGs.

>Implicate issues

Yes, so I've noticed.  Neat skill though it is, it could possibly have used a range extension (another upgrade) while ignoring super armor just a bit better.  Maybe even tugging on big things just a bit (if not pulling us to the big thing to latch on or attack).

>buy what is missed

Preferable to tedious treks and the like.

>to rot

Yep.  Luckily those stupid carrots are worth quite a lot to some slut in the starting area.

>dropping an Ogre with a t**** twister

White tornadoes.  This said, I still fancy best sending them the LONG WAY DOWN.  Just as much as it likes sending pawns down.  Can't order the scum to stay away and not mess things up.  Pity.  This isn't like my shonen fighting manga at all.

>low level trash work the same

Suits me.  So long as they don't have stupid skills distracting from the goods they were hired from, I'm cool with it.

>not like I need more than one

Just the one.  Which they seem keen on not using until everything is dead or dying (if at all).  Get a Chimera down the last leg of Lion only phase and then the Maelstrom drops.  Neat.

>run around like an idiot

>nuke things

Sounds like you've got Eternal all figured out.

>any reason

AT has bad agents/handlers who leave him ignorant while allowing terrible creative decisions (like letting a woman run 'canon' into the ground using movies *non-canon to the original medium*).

>DmC is a DMC game

In about the same way NG3 or DMC2 would be related to their respective series.  But less so.  Not just for being bad, but for not being the same formula (too unreleated).

>dodge more

Dodge the dodge.  But where does the attack come into play?  That you...Kirk!?

>1h vs 2h

DPS talk incoming?  My, my.

>DEX vs STR

Pros and Cons talk, is it?

NOTE: If there are no i-frames, how does he explain riposte and backstab being things in the game what with all the very common instances of attacks being ignored during them?

Feel free to quiz him on mechanics like poise, techniques like cancels, exploit knowledge (important for PvP as with TWoD), etc.  Overall knowledge of approaches to fights might also be amusing talking points.  Different ways to handle a given battle.  And cheap ways to do so.  Surely he is aware of these things (not just ignorant).  But mainly test what he imagines he knows while going over his claimed SL1 run (not that it means much *just a starting point for runners most of the time*).

>I see

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c79BNs4pmV4

>respect the opinions they agree with

Of course.  Intolerance is for the intolerable.  Those we find to be wrong.

>Christ-like

Dying for our 'scrubby' (by scrub definition) sins.

>roaring stop

Quite.

>kill him while he's dead

Not even the Dragonballs can fix this.

>quite smitten

I'm popular.  It's because I'm so cute.

>Sora

I'd prefer letting you work that angle.  I like tossing Bayonetta in their face (given the backdrop).  If they were to bring up more worthwhile foes, I would consider elevation.  Maybe a certain overrated giant robit.

>Goku lying

From my perspective, he just came down from a manic high (depression) and realizes how outclassed he is.  The lies were any time he deceives himself into thinking he could have won.

>YT account

All good things come with time.

>school's in session

It's always in session online.  Always.

>they'll think

And they should think again.  Whatever they just thought was wrong. 

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SBK91

It's an uphill battle even for the best with a solid team and money to work with.

Hope it goes well for him. Wish he'd pass the Vanquish buck to someone else before retirement.

Someone gets sad, then you tell them the Moon people did it and that you would be racist to attack their culture.

Like all that hooping and howlering over Dragon's Crown's character designs?

And if it doesn't?

Make it fit.

Everybody loves limited build options for RPGs.

It suits melee types. Not so much magic users.

Neat skill though it is, it could possibly have used a range extension (another upgrade) while ignoring super armor just a bit better.

Also, make it adjust its angle depending on the enemy's position. Sucks when it fails because the enemy is uphill.

Maybe even tugging on big things just a bit (if not pulling us to the big thing to latch on or attack).

A la Devil Bringer?

Luckily those stupid carrots are worth quite a lot to some slut in the starting area.

What would anyone want with old, hard, moldy carrots?

This said, I still fancy best sending them the LONG WAY DOWN.

Conjuring a Great Cannon next to a downed cyclops can sometimes glitch and send it sliding away several hundred feet.

This isn't like my shonen fighting manga at all.

Well, there's some upsides *eyes Symone*.

So long as they don't have stupid skills distracting from the goods they were hired from, I'm cool with it.

And if they do, well, that's what Great Sacrifice is for.

Get a Chimera down the last leg of Lion only phase and then the Maelstrom drops.

Dem tactics.

AT has bad agents/handlers who leave him ignorant while allowing terrible creative decisions

Like making Goku the MC?

>woman running canon

>in Japan

This must be some sort of elaborate jest.

Not just for being bad, but for not being the same formula (too unreleated).

All the better to drop it completely.

But where does the attack come into play?

At any time (even when the enemies attacking *and is invincible while doing so*).

Pros and Cons talk, is it?

inb4STRdoesmoredamage

If there are no i-frames, how does he explain riposte and backstab being things in the game what with all the very common instances of attacks being ignored during them?

He's said they're too short to matter IIRC (even though they're much longer than KH's evasions). Also doesn't believe 2 seconds of invincibility is much different than six.

Overall knowledge of approaches to fights might also be amusing talking points. Different ways to handle a given battle.

He has claimed DS is highly structured. See what this leads to.

But mainly test what he imagines he knows while going over his claimed SL1 run

Dodging then attack will likely be the extent of it.

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see

So he pretty well runs past everything. He didn't count curing poison as healing?

Intolerance is for the intolerable. Those we find to be wrong.

But not feminists?

Dying for our 'scrubby' (by scrub definition) sins.

Not once, but continually.

It's because I'm so cute.

Shallow youngsters and their raging hormones.

If they were to bring up more worthwhile foes, I would consider elevation.

You're too kind.

Maybe a certain overrated giant robit.

Not drill related, I hope.

From my perspective, he just came down from a manic high (depression) and realizes how outclassed he is.

Truth hurts.

It's always in session online.

We do it better for no pay and no thanks.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MrStarkiller

>pass the buck

Someone capable with all the right help, one should hope.  I'm not holding out for it though.

>Dragon's Crown designs

I figured some reaction would be had.  It's been rather quiet.  Have I missed something?

>suits melee types

Suits Action players used to restriction runs.  Make it work with what you've got.  Master the tools if you're a master.

>angle adjust

Ah, yes.  We might have gone over that in the past.

>Devil Bringer

Among other things.

>why

Fetishists.

>glitch sliding a Cyclops

No other foes?

NOTE: Regarding escorts, it's lovely for healing magic to be able to full heal those chumps in our company.  They don't have our same limitation.

>making Goku the MC

And Gohan the strongest when he was just going to make him a big dork he didn't like (and was hard for others to favor).  Shelved him.

>elaborate jest

Maybe he seeks to match Lucas on the front of convulted canon issues for his franchise.

>too short to matter

So they...are i-frames, then?

>not much different

"Maybe not to you, Gohan, but to a warrior it matters greatly." - Majin Vegeta

>dodge then attack

Press for details.  His gear, gear upgrades, co-op or not, consumables, soft humanity, human/hollow, etc.  Also, which attacks (inb4onlyprimarymashing), which evade (weight load concern) and how (away from attacks, through them, etc.).  What he did for Seath 1 might make for an interesting answer.  Surely he parries Gwyn for riposte.  What of BoC?  Save/quit?  Homeward Bone?  Die?  All in one go (dodge and attack)?  Bow?  Going back to gear, did he ever change it strategically (stone for 4 Kings or something like that)?  Divine for Nito's boys?  Optional areas?  Skip fights?  Deaths?  Details, details, details.

>didn't count curing as heal

Nope.  Nor death/HB (functionally the same save for the element of keeping humanity/souls without needing a ring sacrifice).

>runs past everything

That's about the 'speed' of it, yeah.

>but not feminists

Privelege checking time?  Ladies first.

NOTE: He recently did a speedrun 'bow only' (no lock-on) run.  Sort of like his FPS run (always using the camera perspective for aiming shots even while dodging).   Haven't watched the former yet.

>drill related

You've heard of this particular overblown gizmo, have you?

>truth hurts

Perhaps not as much as getting put down by Super Buu would have though.

>no pay and no thanks

>do it better

Colleges, pls.  Are you even trying?

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SBK91

Have I missed something?

Some casuals were all worked up over reviewer giving it a bad score for the Sorceress designs.

Suits Action players used to restriction runs.

Especially when coupled with good design, allowing you to quickly kill things and defend yourself competently.

Fetishists.

Of all the things to stick in your ear though.

No other foes?

Not that I've seen, but I have experimented with others as much.

Regarding escorts, it's lovely for healing magic to be able to full heal those chumps in our company.

"Good, good."-Palpy.

Mercedes strong points don't include fighting.

And Gohan the strongest when he was just going to make him a big dork he didn't like

Fans don't like passing the torch. AT handed it back after building 2/3's the series up to it.

Shelved him.

Then tried it again with Gotenks.

Maybe he seeks to match Lucas on the front of convulted canon issues for his franchise.

He's got a lot of ground to cover. Nameks are nowhere near Ewok tier.

So they...are i-frames, then?

He kind of glossed over this detail.

Press for details.

He's continued to ignore any talk regarding the best upgrade path, 1h vs. 2h, and STR vs DEX. What's more, he started in another thread and claims Hulk would stomp Sora...and magic girls. His reasoning being since 'they're both from different universes, and thus any universal advantage that doesn't exist in the other's world (like magic) is exempt' (even though magic is prevalent in Marvel). This should be good.

His gear, gear upgrades

But he was naked.

NOTE: He also claims he's never been played near SL 80, because that's for...well, you can guess.

inb4onlyprimarymashing

It's da bes.

Privelege checking time?

So quick to forget who gave them their privileges.

He recently did a speedrun 'bow only' (no lock-on) run.

Never used a bow. Wonder how its killing speed compares. Been wondering how they're going to handle enchants for dual wielding.

You've heard of this particular overblown gizmo, have you?

I heard it lost.

Perhaps not as much as getting put down by Super Buu would have though.

Not for Vegeta. He's not so frightened of bodily harm as abandoning his principles.

Colleges, pls. Are you even trying?

They do it for money. We do it for truth, justice, and 'MERICA.

MrStarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrStarkiller

>some reviewer going on about sexism

Bait.

>casuals getting cross

This is also bait.

>good design

If only GoW:A could say the same.

>of all the things

Quite.

>don't include fighting

Had me fooled.  I expected her to be one of those Japanese Anime style super warrior women and a Mystic Knight.  She was neither.

>don't like passing the torch

So I've noticed.

>builds the entire series for Gohan

>just to hand it back

Neat.

>tried it again with Gotenks

Only to put Gohan back again.  Then a fusion using Goku (but not with Gohan).  Finally giving up his struggle.

>a lot of ground to cover

With a woman at the helm?  Give it time.

>Ewok tier

Maybe so.  Tarble, Bills, female Majin, etc.  Soon, soon.

>glossed over

This is the part where he gets pressed to admit he was wrong.  And then pressed further about how wrong he was.

>ignore talk

Good fun to keep pressuring chaps on such matters.

>Hulk would

Amateur trolling, really.  What board did he do this on that it would be on-topic?  I suppose it is something KH related if Sora is involved.

>his reasoning

Hulk's anger makes him reality warp immune?

>magic

Reality Warping doesn't limit itself to magic.  The name 'magic' girls isn't entirely accurate for all the cases that go under that name.

>naked

Yes, yes.  Very funny.

>never played at SL80+

Not into the PvP scene?  Isn't he one of those MP advocate types?

>who gave the privileges

The Man.

>killing speed

Depends.  He had to go out of his way to upgrade the damn thing and get stats for it.  It was an usual showing for him.

>heard it lost

Couldn't contend with a damned blackhole from what I can make sense of all that noise.

>not frightened of harm so much as betraying himself

Good man.

>do it for 'various'

Quite.  One need only ask who's flag it is on the Moon to stir up other nations.

SBK91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SBK91

Bait.

It worked.

If only GoW:A could say the same.

B-b-but the Shield is well designed, right? And OSoO? Those work in NURs.

Had me fooled.

That's saying something.

She was neither.

Her privileged upbringing is to blame.

Finally giving up his struggle.

Super Buu and Saiyans don't mix.

With a woman at the helm? Give it time.

Year sound right?

>female Majin

Holy Mother of God.

This is the part where he gets pressed to admit he was wrong. And then pressed further about how wrong he was.

But it doesn't matter, because DS has a stamina bar.

Good fun to keep pressuring chaps on such matters.

He wants me to answer them. "Classic misdirection."-Archer

What board did he do this on that it would be on-topic?

KH3. He's apparently referring to movie Hulk, as he insists magic doesn't exist in his world. Thinks Sora might be tiny *ant sized* in Hulk's world, because he's 'from a different universe'.

Hulk's anger makes him reality warp immune?

Supposing that were true, what happens when the magic girls summon Squirrel Girl?

Reality Warping doesn't limit itself to magic.

Indeed.

Not into the PvP scene?

He's probably an expert.

The Man.

But isn't he the enemy?

He had to go out of his way to upgrade the damn thing and get stats for it.

Can bows be buffed?

Couldn't contend with a damned blackhole from what I can make sense of all that noise.

Never won a fight in canon. True facts.

One need only ask who's flag it is on the Moon to stir up other nations.

Not a European one.