THE HIPPODROME (RULES and General Union Discussion)

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Voork
Member since 2007 • 810 Posts
More Like Xu Shao in his older age Seeing things and going Crazy.( I actually don't know if he was crazy in 195AD before he died Im just guessing)
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 Bruneauinfo
Member since 2004 • 7777 Posts

More Like Xu Shao in his older age Seeing things and going Crazy.( I actually don't know if he was crazy in 195AD before he died Im just guessing)Voork

explains everything.

now back to these hijackers.(warning log post)

i think that was an internet phenomenon that was going on in more places than just here. i was a regular on AMD's processor forums back from 2003 till about 2007 and we went through a phase which totally devestated the forum. a lot of really knowlegable people left as a consequence. you couldn't start a discussion without someone coming in a purposefully being ignorant just for the sake of starting an argument. then there was the pron and the spammers too.

it ended up with lots of banning and eventually led to the site getting attacked heavily by hackers. the forum was going down all the time. finally they just changed the forum software from Invision over to a much less spiffy one that had less security holes in it and got rid of all avatars and sigs for a while. we couldn't even post images or quick links. eventually we got our avatars back, but the forum has never been the same.

point is i think those experiences have led to a bit of evolution in the masses. and also i think a lot of people who were involved in the highjacking grew up over the next few years and found themselves exceedingly embarrassed about their past. because eventually they figured out they didn't have any self respect.

i'm not saying this from experience. :D i didn't go to the lows that some people did and get banned. however i've done my share of being a jerk because i was a newb and didn't realize that written words don't always come out the same as you intended when people read them. plus, if you're a weeny all the time people tend to ignore you. plus not everyone is always in the mood for comedy. some people probably come here because they actually want to discuss Koei games.

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Voork
I didn't read your post fully but i guess its cool. 8)
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Bruneauinfo
curses. it was part of my ambush tactic in the forum game! you're probably back there already countering my ambush!
Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Voork
Your Ambush HAS been countered. Most of your troops are already destroyed and so is your base. Lets keep this for the game's Topic.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56 harden007
Member since 2004 • 6884 Posts
in DWU context, the 'hijackers' were a specific group of members. Naming them is too difficult as they had different screen names over time as they all got banned for their activities numerous times. The story is much too long for me to tell here. I'm trying to get JeffSteel to write a history of the union (which would obviouly need to cover the hijackers), but work is slow.
Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Voork
Ahh Indeed.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 harden007

I got a PM when I logged on today from people telling me my my sig is "offensive," can you BELIEVE people!?! They said my first image was "offensive" and my second one was border-line "offensive," WTF?!!?

"Oh! OMG! A woman showing her stomach! Ohnoes! And a gymnist dancing! AH! Shield my eyes! SHIELD MY EYES! THIS IS TOO MUCH! HELP HELP OFFICERS HEEEELLLPP!"

they had nothing to say about a T-REX eating someone, but I guess you couldn't see her stomach and she wasnt dancing so no problem...

...biatches

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Voork
Wow....
Avatar image for mitsuhideakechi
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 mitsuhideakechi
Member since 2007 • 2018 Posts
wth? its not like she is reaveling anything..
Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Voork
Only her rock hard abs.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 harden007
and portions of her supple breasts
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 harden007

I had several ideas on how to handle the situation, as I was infuriated.

Option 1: Spam the union so they would have to see my sig all over the place and gouge their sensative little eyes out.

Option 2: Start a thread basically saying what I said in my original post.

Option 3: Just resign. Without a peep.

Because it was "The Christian Union" I decided I would be nice and not f*** them up. So I just replied to the officer that wrote me and said the following:

"I know im not in trouble so to speak, but I am disgusted at being sent this pm. If a clothed woman is too much for people to handle, if a picture that is at worst suggestive ruffles everyone's feathers, I should just leave and avoid hurting anyones eyes any longer. If I were a jerk I would leave by starting a thread telling everyone to enjoy the breastfeeding, but Im not. I just need to vent which is why I am sending you this. Live long and prosper, and congrats on the marriage."

...then i resigned.

Any other union and It would be feeling my wraath. But I decided to be the better man on this and not destroy them.

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 JeffSteel
Member since 2004 • 2989 Posts

But the way i see it, this union became a giant red-light district. Our corruption was total, no leader could take control.

harden007

Hah, thats a very apt description of those dark days, though you forgot to mention the incessent "colored text" rebellions that took place at the slightest excuse.

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Voork
Good way to leave. Also jeff thats an awesome sig.
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JeffSteel
Why, thank you! More are on the way, so that my sig will constantly be changing again (it is still using the script, but with only one pic to choose from, it looks like nothing changes).
Mr_Buttman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Mr_Buttman
Member since 2005 • 5528 Posts
Haha Harden dont worry about it... its the freakin Christian Union lol of course they gonna say its offensive... my sig of the fat kid dancing would probably get modded by them too.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Bruneauinfo

hey Buttman! we lost the battle against the Han and the Quin because you weren't here. thanks. :P

but on a kinder note, that kid in your sig disturbs me. but the avatar is too funny.:)

Mr_Buttman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Mr_Buttman

hey Buttman! we lost the battle against the Han and the Quin because you weren't here. thanks. :P

but on a kinder note, that kid in your sig disturbs me. but the avatar is too funny.:)

Bruneauinfo

Aww dude my bad i've been pretty busy recently... i didnt even know there was a war until today lol.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Bruneauinfo
that's okay. it made for a great reason for me to lose. Sima Yi and i had a lot of un though. plus you missed harden and jeffsteel's great military display. well in the case of harden it was supernatural.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 harden007

that's okay. it made for a great reason for me to lose. Sima Yi and i had a lot of un though. plus you missed harden and jeffsteel's great military display. well in the case of harden it was supernatural.Bruneauinfo

thats a great way to describe me.....supernatural ;)

JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 JeffSteel

[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]that's okay. it made for a great reason for me to lose. Sima Yi and i had a lot of un though. plus you missed harden and jeffsteel's great military display. well in the case of harden it was supernatural.harden007

Actually, I think a more accurate discription is "egomaniacle buffoon with delusions of graduer." ;)

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 harden007
[QUOTE="harden007"]

[QUOTE="Bruneauinfo"]that's okay. it made for a great reason for me to lose. Sima Yi and i had a lot of un though. plus you missed harden and jeffsteel's great military display. well in the case of harden it was supernatural.JeffSteel

Actually, I think a more accurate discription is "egomaniacle buffoon with delusions of graduer." ;)

my dilusions wil whup dat a$$

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Voork
Seems Like we're becoming Much less active. Doubt we'll hit 200 posts this week.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Bruneauinfo
Voork, get out your keyboard and post!!!! :P
Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Voork
Too busy playing GTA. I got it on release but never liked it. I got to 65% completion and 28 hours of gameplay in 3 days. Don't worry its almost beaten.
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 harden007
maybe then we can see more of you around here
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JeffSteel
Wait wait, Vrook, if you never liked it, why bother playing it? POST!!!!
ranger_waha_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ranger_waha_
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
[QUOTE="harden007"]

But the way i see it, this union became a giant red-light district. Our corruption was total, no leader could take control.

JeffSteel

Hah, thats a very apt description of those dark days, though you forgot to mention the incessent "colored text" rebellions that took place at the slightest excuse.

8)

Mr_Buttman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Mr_Buttman
[QUOTE="JeffSteel"][QUOTE="harden007"]

ranger_waha_

8)

Are you too good for words or something? Whats wrong with this place?! I want to be in a union where its user posts in a "wordlike" manner. Im tired of all this SMILIES SH*T! Where's the leader of this union and why isnt he doing anything to stop this?? I mean seriously folks WE NEED A CHANGE! We can't let people roam around this union and post images that seem to portray Pacman grinning with stunner shades on! I honestly dont understand how the rest of you can live with yourselves. We can't be in a civilized union with a leader who does nothing to stop this! I cant take this anymore!!! There's only one thing left to do..............

Follow me brothers! We must rebel against this injustice!

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 harden007
it not going to work buttman. dont disgrace yourself by digging up bones.
Avatar image for mitsuhideakechi
mitsuhideakechi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mitsuhideakechi
Member since 2007 • 2018 Posts
not this again...
JeffSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JeffSteel

Indeed, your path-ah..... aaHEM!!

Indeed, your pathetic attempt at rebellion will only serve to get you on the chopping block.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bruneauinfo

Billy says yell, danmit!!! REBEL YELL!!!!!!!

ranger_waha_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ranger_waha_
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
What's this strange feeling? Let sleeping dogs lie buttman...
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 harden007
The Chaos..... Is finaly over.... Let us enjoy the peace..... the dawning of a new age.
Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Bruneauinfo
in all seriousness... are you stoking this, or are you trying to snuff it out?
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 harden007

in all seriousness... are you stoking this, or are you trying to snuff it out?Bruneauinfo

im stopping it because it's the kind of behavior that wrecked the union as far as im concerned.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Bruneauinfo

ahhh....

yeah, it does seem like a cheap bail out of bordom. instead of thinking of something creative just throw a chaos party and ruin everything. it's fun for a while, but eventually it leads to so much abstraction and loss of objectivitey that we have to ask questions like:

in all seriousness.... are you being serious?

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 harden007
im sure buttman was just playn around. why put me on the throne only to try and depose me with a rebellion. but a yellow text rebellion is playing with fire.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
Wait... WtFDragon is the one who sent you a PM about your sig?
harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 harden007

Wait... WtFDragon is the one who sent you a PM about your sig?CptJSparrow

the sig thing? yeah he's the one.

Why the shock?

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

[QUOTE="CptJSparrow"]Wait... WtFDragon is the one who sent you a PM about your sig?harden007

the sig thing? yeah he's the one.

Why the shock?

That seemed something too low for him to do, in my opinion. But then again he did complain to me that enlightenment philosophers were "too obsessed with their own genitals," so I suppose that I simply did not pick up on it. Could you send me what he said via PM?
Mr_Buttman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Mr_Buttman

im sure buttman was just playn around. why put me on the throne only to try and depose me with a rebellion. but a yellow text rebellion is playing with fire. harden007

haha dude i was just playinnnnn lol.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 harden007

[QUOTE="harden007"]im sure buttman was just playn around. why put me on the throne only to try and depose me with a rebellion. but a yellow text rebellion is playing with fire. Mr_Buttman

haha dude i was just playinnnnn lol.

ah rectus dominus. i would imagine you might be able to make some interesting contributions to the history thread.

Bruneauinfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Bruneauinfo

mr. buttman. would you agree with me on this: that the DWA was made up of guys who took DW and ROTK a bit on the serious side?? and that's why they left. they didn't like the goofing around and wanted to make a 'serious' thread for 'serious' dw discussion? a nice version of dwu where everyone got along and never said or did anything offensive or out of line??

well, they could get roudy in the sense that they bashed a particularly poorly thought out aspect of DW or ROTK.... but otherwise niceness was encouraged??

that's what i got. and not that it's a bad idea. but, creative people don't tend to be nicey nice. they tend to be belligerent. well, honest. well, too honest for nice people.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 harden007

You didn't ask me but i'll respond to that anyway. I think you're right on most if not all of what you said.

My feeling about DWA can best be described in the words of an old ranger_waha post which said: "I like DW and all, but they LOVE it." He hit the nail on the head with that statement.

About the niceness. Im not a hostile person unless I feel offended, but DWA's Rated-G policy wasn't my thing. I wasn't a hijacker, but because i was around all the hijackers for so long, the culture of it all has rubbed off on me, so I could never do the Rated-G thing. Flaming, hijacking, invading unions, ect. At my core i dont have a problem with any of those things.

ok i've lost track of where i was going with this...

Oh yeah so nice is ok just not too nice. evil is ok just not too evil.

DWU and DWA, im not sure if we could coexist. different cultures ya know.

harden007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 harden007

I think this Union needs a flag. A Banner to carry into battle. Something that represents our glory and history.

What do you guys think?

Voork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Voork
Sounds Fine. Is this union a little dead?
jeffhardy141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#100 jeffhardy141
Member since 2007 • 6151 Posts

oh butman was just kidding.... i should erase my name of the rebelion recruit sheet

jk