pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 pai-may
Member since 2008 • 4101 Posts

I think Garfield this is where confusion has arisen. I'm plugging you to watch Arrow the TV series and at no point have I said you must watch that fantasy series I'm slagging off on another thread :P.

Anyway avenger, glad you're enjoying Arrow. Yeah, not really sure what Sky have been playing at with the schedule. I mean as far as the story goes it seems to be running to a conclusion, so why the need for intermitant broadcasting? 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

The Robots are back!

RAM cover

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 pai-may
Daft Punk?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 garfield360uk
Yeah, their new album came out on Monday. It is pretty awesome.
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 pai-may
Are you a fan of electronic music in general Garfield?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 garfield360uk
Some I like, some I don't. I don't really follow a particular genre of music, more artists or singles that I like. I will listen to most genres and give it a go and see if I like it. I do like something with a nice beat to it or easy listening or a bit of disco style music. This album offers a lot in terms of music that is old with a modern twist (Nile Rodgers, Gorgio Moroder, and Paul Williams feature on it)
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 pai-may
So you rate the new Daft Punk album then?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 garfield360uk
I like it a lot, I can also see why others may be disappointed as it is not a traditional album from them, it is more old school disco music in feel (like I say, Nile Rodgers and Gorgio Moroder are contributors to the album) so not so much like Discovery. However I really enjoy it.
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 pai-may
I like old school disco, maybe because I am old lol. Daft Punk are pretty awesome.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 garfield360uk
I like some old music, I tend to listen to more older things than current chart music (but that being said, I do not fall into the whole "new music is bad" camp that I hear some people spout out or spam on Youtube etc).
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 pai-may
A lot of current pop music is bad, but then you could say the same about the golden age of pop in the 80's.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4406 Posts
Loving the Daft Punk album so far....Get Lucky is probably the best track. Love the guitar solo. 
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 garfield360uk
I like that track probably the best as well on the album. I also like Georgio by Moroder, and Loose yourself to dance. Touch is also an interesting piece of music, I am not sure if I enjoy it or like the composition of the track.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DeadManRollin
The entire album is good, but I am hearing a lot of old Daft Punk fans complaining about the change in musical direction.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 garfield360uk
Yeah, it is a different style of music to that of their original albums (such as Discovery) but I really enjoy it. I am fine with them doing something new, watching the Collaborator videos it really seems like they went to people who influenced their music and wanted to make something timeless perhaps. I think Nile Rodgers summed it up best in his video when he says Daft Punk "went back to go forward", it really does sum up how the new album is.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DeadManRollin
It always feels great to be able to send another telegram to the union. I am neglecting this job, really
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 garfield360uk

Man, talk about bad timing with the glitches going on. They seem to be over now at least.

As for what you wrote DMR, do not worry, you are doing a good job as far as I am concerned and I am sure a lot of others will agree with you. If you need help do not be afraid to ask, but not everything is down to you to do either.

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DeadManRollin

Well, thanks for the kind words, man. I try my best to get things rolling around here. But sometimes the lack of activity and participation frustrates me, and I am to be blamed for that as well. 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 garfield360uk
I would not worry too much. Perhaps we could think of ways to get more people on board. However, I feel the main issue is we all probably would need to be more active in the main Gamespot forums to get known there to get people to join us here. That and sending PM's to people to get them on board. However, quality over quantity is perhaps the best way going forwards (in my opinion anyway, as some may disagree which they are entitled to do).
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DeadManRollin

Yeah I agree, we really don't need a thousand inactive members. It's good having a few active posters and interesting debates rather than having people who need to write FTW, YOLO etc. in every other sentences. 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 garfield360uk

Hey man, you only live once!

But yeah in seriousness, I would like it if we avoided System Wars style posts of just flaming others and using opinions as factual information etc.

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DeadManRollin

Haha, I don't think many of us are doing that right now...the system wars thingy. Opinions, or in better words, subjective judgements aren't that bad actually. In fact, most people make their decisions based on what they think is the best rather than looking ar true facts. 

If everyone took the rational decision, than bad products wouldn't get good sales. Sometimes they do... 

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#73 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I think System wars has pretty much boiled down to just PS4 vs Xbox One for the moment, and even that is an almost entirely one sided argument, even amongst the most ardent fanboys :P

As for unions - I wouldn't be surprised if most people that joined GS in the last 3 years weren't even aware Unions exist, or that there are other message boards outside the general and game specific ones. In another similar thread Redders pointed out how nice it was that the current unions layout still has links to PS2, PSP and DS (original) at the top, rather than any of the newer platforms :)

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 pai-may
Just to point out that we as gaming fans arent the only ones that fail from time to time to put words properly into sentences to convey our thoughts. Apparently the spin machine at microsoft has said that their machine is better because it's more expensive. Oh how I laughed.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 garfield360uk
I feel like what was said was that they had more included with the console which justified the higher price point (the Kinect being a key part which in fairness is not cheap to make). On the one hand they are right, it is a PC which you could not pay that price tag and get the same level of performance from (an 8 core cpu and 8 gigs of memory plus the hard drive etc would set you back a lot more). However, saying that, Microsoft need to get on message as they really are shooting themselves in the foot at every opportunity (such as the "if you have no internet, buy an Xbox 360" thing).
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 pai-may

Garfield, lets's be honest here. When the more included with the console is kinnect, that's not reason enough to justify the added expense. Additionally, I hear once more sony's machine is superior technologically.

Just bought me an i-pod and the new Daft Punk album. Brilliant is all I can say. And get lucky is the stand out track but there are others on it that are equally good. Pharell Willams is very cool if you've seen the video. 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 garfield360uk

The Kinect being in the box makes sense from a development stand point. It means they know what is included with the console and maybe, just maybe, we actually start seeing some useful games (outside of Dance Central which is pretty cool to play and a handful of indie games from XBLA that use Kinect). The PS4 is better in terms of having faster memory (both have 8 gigabytes but the Xbox One uses DDR3 memory which is what currently is in modern PC's, however the PS4 uses DDR5 memory which will run at a faster data transfer rate, there is still some unknown factors regarding what the cpu and gpu either of these consoles use bar us knowing they have 8 core processors that are based on PC hardware thus easier to program for over, say, the Cell which the PS3 had).

I just feel like the Xbox One is good in that a lot of people I know are wanting one and I feel like I have to go where people I game with will go. The PS4 has the better hardware from what we have been told but there is a lack of killer launch apps.

The Daft Punk album is great, what other tracks do you like? Also have they released a video yet for Get Lucky as all I can find is the Saturday Night Live TV advert they ran which somebody has edited together to make it look like a full video which it is not.

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 pai-may

Garfield, my point was, the kinnect was a poor, overpriced and underutilised devise for last generation. Forcing it upon the next generation of xbox owners and charging them £100 extra for the "priveledge" is a very unwise move in my opinion, but time will tell when we check sales a year or two after launch. As both these consoles are launching around the same time this go around, we will be more easily able to track which is the more popular etc.

As for Daft Punk, I love Get Lucky, Motherboard, Contact, Giorgio, and Give Life back to Music the best. I've seen a couple of music videos. Wasnt aware none of them were official. The saturday night live one is well edited as I had no idea it was put together. I've also seen a version of the song with a three headed Peter Serafinowicz, which isnt a full vid but is pretty funny. Apparently there is a promo vid on you-tube for the forthcoming record release of Get Lucky, but I can't find it. 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 garfield360uk

It seems likely that the PlayStation 4 will be the best seller out of the two (potentially three given how poor the Wii U is selling at present but that is likely to change when Mario Kart etc. come out on it). I get what you are saying, but there is an argument for it being in the box with all consoles. Having it with every console means every developer knows what is in the box, it was the same situation with the Xbox 360 lacking a hard drive with some launch models only coming with a memory card thus there was complications regarding how big patches could be, file sizes of XBLA games etc. Admittedly this became less of an issue over the console life cycle because eventually Microsoft just made it that games could require a hard drive (such as GTA 4) and thus people were forced into buying the hard drive for selected titles. Having everything in the box at launch means developers know what is there and there is a higher chance Kinect will get used for more than it did last time around when there is no guarantee regarding how many own it and who owns it demographically.

Who knows, but there is the possibility at least. Whilst on this subject it is unusual that a lot of my colleagues at work are wanting to get the Xbox One over the PlayStation 4, mainly due to keeping their friends list/ preferring the Xbox gamepad, and a lack of interest in the Sony games. How much this translates across other areas I do not know but it will be curious to see how this all folds out. I assumed with the PS4 being cheaper than the Xbox One that it would sell much better at launch, but time will tell I guess.

As for Daft Punk, I totally hope we get some videos for the music tracks but you never know. Giorgio is also another favourite of mine from that album.

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DeadManRollin

Totally off-topic.

Anyone been to Italy? 

pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 pai-may
I want to go to Florence, to take in the culture and a football match:)
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 garfield360uk

Nope, I have not been to Italy. Milan is a place I would visit, to see the culture, and like Pai May, to watch a match in the San Siro. There are quite a lot of places I would like to visit, shame I can not do flying, like, at all.

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DeadManRollin
Asked this cause I will probably be going to Italy next week for a meeting. Will be in Rome for a few days. 
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 garfield360uk
Ah very nice, you going to have any time to do any tourist things? I believe Rome is supposed to be quite a beautiful city to look at and lots of historic things plus the Olympico where AS Roma and Lazio play football (I think).
pai-may

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 pai-may
Are you a security risk Garfield? Have you caused the x-ray machines at Heathrow to explode or something?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 garfield360uk
Nope, I just don't like flying. The idea of being propelled many many miles above the ground is something I do not find appealing.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DeadManRollin
Yeah I have 2 free days after the conference ends. Not sure how to spend them, though. Let's see how things go. Was planning to go to Venice, but I don't think that'll be feasible. 
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DeadManRollin

For the fans of Daft Punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV2GA63HEGk 

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DeadManRollin

Hi guys! What's new?

Just came back from a short semi-Euro trip. Been to Rome and Amsterdam. Both are great cities :-) 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 garfield360uk

Nothing much new on my end, Steam sale causing havoc but I managed to make it through without going mad.

How about you, how was Rome and Amsterdam? Did you go for work or on vacation?

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DeadManRollin

Nothing much new on my end, Steam sale causing havoc but I managed to make it through without going mad.

How about you, how was Rome and Amsterdam? Did you go for work or on vacation?

Garfield360UK

It was mostly work with a little bit of vacation. Both places are nice in their own way, but I'd really love to live in Amsterdam provided I get a good job out there. Beautiful places, beautiful people and so on... 

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 garfield360uk

Did you go to any tourist locations?

How is the family by the way?

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 DeadManRollin

Did you go to any tourist locations?

How is the family by the way?

Garfield360UK

Yes, I visited the vatican city and the collisseum in Rome and also went to a few landmark places in Amsterdam. Overall, it was a great trip for me. Had a business meeting which turned out well.

Family is doing fine. Little one became 10 months old...the grow really fast!  

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#94  Edited By gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

ALIVE AND... ah. Yes.

Awkward. :|

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DeadManRollin

Ahhh, so are we back now?

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#96 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

@DeadManRollin said:

Finally things are getting a bit settled, now that my baby girl is about 2 months old.

Congratulations, DeadManRollin. :D

DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DeadManRollin

@Gelugon_baat said:

@DeadManRollin said:

Finally things are getting a bit settled, now that my baby girl is about 2 months old.

Congratulations, DeadManRollin. :D

Thanks man :) she just hit the 14 month's landmark today!