Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6948 Posts

@last_lap: The free market decides if something is successful. How many successful new IP's has MS created in the past decade? One ? How many does Sony have? At least 5. There is no comparison between the two. Objectively Sony has made better games and more games than their direct competition.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2558 Posts

So the market is proving that the Game Pass model is bad for business? Gamers "voting with their wallets" and "value" are at odds yet again...

Put a game on a service and i performs "meh." Sell the game at full price on the competitors platform and it's a success. And Xbox fanboys are doing victory laps? This only illustrates the disparity in brand strength. Folks would rather waste money on a competitors platform than participate on yours... Congrats?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6326 Posts

@silentchief: The free market decides lol.

Just because something sells a ton it doesn't make it great. If that were the case then Palworld is better than every game released by Sony on the PS5 because it sold more.

The free market is made up of mostly casuals.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6326 Posts

@ghostofgolden: This has nothing to do with Gamepass and yet you make it about Gamepass.

You're obsessed with Gamepass, at this point it's the last thing you think about before you go to sleep and the first thing on your mind when you wake up.

You honestly should go seek help.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#155 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69872 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

So the market is proving that the Game Pass model is bad for business? Gamers "voting with their wallets" and "value" are at odds yet again...

Put a game on a service and i performs "meh." Sell the game at full price on the competitors platform and it's a success. And Xbox fanboys are doing victory laps? This only illustrates the disparity in brand strength. Folks would rather waste money on a competitors platform than participate on yours... Congrats?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1310 Posts

Judging by the meltdown loudgobshite didn't get his sea of thieves pre order bonus 🤣😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

lolol :P

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1106 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@Archangel3371 said:

@loudheadphones: I like their games and services. I don’t care if they go third party or not. I’ll play those games on whichever platform suits me best.

I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being a well balanced person who enjoys playing video games. I'll be referring your account to the rage department where we will pin your eyelids open and brainwashed until you accept plastic rage and corporate lust. You did this to yourself.

Looks who is talking about corporate lust and being well balanced person. Because your pretending to be neutral Xbox peeps, Xbox is going 3rd party.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1106 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@loudheadphones said:

So, calling me an idiot ( never called you like that here ), you literally ignoring everything else in these provided videos, especially that tweet about Xbot Destin

Yes, my post is provably accurate. Yours just seemingly go on tangents.

Again, like we've established, I haven't watched your videos and asked you to provide your own argument outside of the same Youtube personality that you posted 3 times. Good God, get a grasp on the debate.

So, you haven't watched the videos, yet, you calling me an idiot. You've asked for another opinion, i've showed you a tweet, you can't figure it out what is about. I've told you my opinion about Xbox idiotic influencers, brainwashers, double faced peeps.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6948 Posts

@last_lap: You missed the point of my post.

I wasn't saying the most popular game is always the best game. You cricized Sony for dropping Dreams after just three years. The reason they dropped it was because it wasn't very successful. Don't blame Sony for that blame the free market.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11163 Posts

@loudheadphones said:

LMAO!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

Or it could be about maximising profits. The problem with everything you just said is, even Sony bosses are less than impressed with PlayStation software sales and profits. Why? Because no matter how high they may be, they are a corporation and it's not enough. They've tasted extra sales and they want more.

Cows said single platform only, it became the corny sounding "PlayStation family".

Cows said only exclusives count, it became about timed exclusivity.

Cows said never on the PC, now games are on the PC. Waiting years is obviously becoming tedious for Sony. Sooner or later there'll be a six month difference at best and then day and date.

Because you're obsessed with Gamepass, you don't see the bigger picture. It's not about making "enough" sales, it's about maximising sales. Even Sony sees that now. There's a good chance PlayStation execs find cows as tedious as everyone else, because there's no money in fanboyism.

The writing is on the wall. Sony is only a thin line away from releasing games day and date with the PC. I don't think people see it as a matter of "if" anymore.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39270 Posts

If i played the game, i'd make it my duty to scare away every person on the Xbox, and make it so the game full of Sony pirates. Then thank RARE for making a Sony exclusive.😆

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8180 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostofgolden said:

Or it could be about maximising profits. The problem with everything you just said is, even Sony bosses are less than impressed with PlayStation software sales and profits. Why? Because no matter how high they may be, they are a corporation and it's not enough. They've tasted extra sales and they want more.

Cows said single platform only, it became the corny sounding "PlayStation family".

Cows said never on the PC, now games are on the PC. Waiting years is obviously becoming tedious for Sony. Sooner or later there'll be a six month difference at best and then day and date.

Because you're obsessed with Gamepass, you don't see the bigger picture. It's not about making "enough" sales, it's about maximising sales. Even Sony sees that now. There's a good chance PlayStation execs find cows as tedious as everyone else, because there's no money in fanboyism.

The writing is on the wall. Sony is only a thin line away from releasing games day and date with the PC. I don't think people see it as a matter of "if" anymore.

don't bother wasting your time..

the reality is that Game Pass isn't going anywhere.. Day One for Game Pass is here to stay and Xbox is still fully supporting the service.. at this point, there's really nothing more to discuss beyond one question:

Is Game Pass worth the price of admission for those that are interested?..

and right now, the general consensus is "yes".. the detractor(s) are just looking more and more pathetic with the continued obsession.. they should just let it go and enjoy the games.. the multi-trillion dollar company is going to be okay..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#166 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

The levels people will go to soothe their corporate worship.... That image, just wow.

Anything for a "win" on behalf of the company they worship.😂

Corporate Revenue > Gaming

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1310 Posts
pre order bonuses
pre order bonuses
 Ronin?..Meh
Ronin?..Meh
Microsoft
Microsoft
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@hardwenzen: your aura is not that threatening dude.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2558 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostofgolden said:

It's not so much "maximizing sales" as it is maximizing margins. PlayStation software attach rates have always been mid at best. They never see the Nintendo type attach rates because of the 3rd party presence. And PlayStation games on PC don't exactly sell like hotcakes. And they're giving up 30% to Gabe. Sure this pays for the port and puts a little extra cash in the execs pockets, but it's hardly a game changer. As the years have gone on, the PS PC sales have dropped. Horizon sold a couple million but then we saw Mile Morales well in the 6 figures... That trend isn't gonna push them to day 1 PC sales. It's gonna make them gamble on PC folks buying console hardware instead, or waiting 2 years for the Steam port.

On the flip side. Game Pass eats into console and PC sales, has yet to greatly impact subscription numbers, and has forced Xbox's hand into porting to competitors hardware for 30% less revenue. Congrats? For the consumers this is a "win." But business-wise that's not a winning strategy. That's a move of desperation and admitting defeat...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#171 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69872 Posts

@SecretPolice: 😂

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#172 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13668 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostofgolden said:

don't bother wasting your time..

the reality is that Game Pass isn't going anywhere.. Day One for Game Pass is here to stay and Xbox is still fully supporting the service.. at this point, there's really nothing more to discuss beyond one question:

Is Game Pass worth the price of admission for those that are interested?..

and right now, the general consensus is "yes".. the detractor(s) are just looking more and more pathetic with the continued obsession.. they should just let it go and enjoy the games.. the multi-trillion dollar company is going to be okay..

Think I'll take your advice.

I'll leave it to the multi trillion dollar company.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8180 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: the anti-GamePass crowd are just looking sad at this point..

The arguments that the service isn't sustainable and that Day One is going away have been put to rest.. So there's really nothing else to talk about..

If Microsoft is going to continue to provide a great service, people should just take advantage of it rather than being perpetually "concerned" how the multi-Trillion dollar company is making money; particularly when they've stated repeatedly that Game Pass is profitable, sustainable, and financially viable..

There's literally nothing else to discuss.. Game Pass is here to stay so what's the point in complaining about an objectively good service?.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

On Topic, glad to see more players will be able to experience Sea of Thieves.. I put an absolute ton of hours into it via Game Pass 😎👍🏽