Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11177 Posts

@kvallyx said:

As a cow, why would I want GP? I don't have GP. I do have PSN Plus Premium though.

You can only have one service? That's not how this works 😁

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Pretty much no reason to own an Xbox now that Microsoft has waived the white flag in the console war

The same can be said about their direct competitor.🤭

With the way both HFW & GoT are both coming to PC very soon. I'm pretty much thinking of giving away my PS5 and I don't know if I want to bother with the Pro if that's still a thing.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13040 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kvallyx said:

As a cow, why would I want GP? I don't have GP. I do have PSN Plus Premium though.

You can only have one service? That's not how this works 😁

I want the service where I play my games at ;)

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

@kvallyx: Wow. The animal names are still in use after all this time. :)

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

@sealionact: I didn't say it wasn't a good game. I've never played it, so I wouldn't know. It just blows my mind that #1 people preorder anything, period (especially with PlayStation's crap ass return policy), and #2 that people would preorder old games. It's nuts to me.

All I'm saying with the 500,000 to 500 is that we need more data. Did SoT get 100,000 preorders, and Ronin get 99,999, or 4,500? It's not insane that a successful Xbox game being released to a new audience would do well, versus an unproven property, that doesn't seem to have much buzz. Maybe Ronin is bigger than I'm aware, but I haven't heard anything about it, besides @Hardwenzen attacking it's graphics. At the end of the day, I'm not playing either. I'm just curious.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39281 Posts

@dimebag667: Ronin is not a very marketable game. It looks ugly, there is no story worth mentioning (and you can be certain about that, its made by Team Ninja) and there's no multiplayer to make it exciting for the multiplayer crowd. Plus, because that's not enough, its coming out ou the exact same day Dragon's Dogma 2 comes out, which is being pushed real hard by Capcom. It'll be like releasing Titanfall 2 during the same week CoD and BF comes out, who even does that? Clueless ass companies, that's who does it. The game is guaranteed to do poorly.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 KvallyX

Ronin > Dragon's Dogma

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dimebag667

@hardwenzen: I agree. One of those videos in your post made it seem like it was going for realism, or at least somewhat historically accurate. Then it shows the character fly off on his kite and fight some giant dude monster. I was half expecting a giant enemy crab to show up.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dimebag667

@saint-george: It does appear to have more preorders than Ronin, but it looks like the deluxe versions of The Show and DD2 are higher. Unless I'm looking at the list incorrectly. Good for SoT. Sony should do better.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6967 Posts

Sea of thieves was trash for nearly two years but eventually got really good. Playstation owners are getting the complete version.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3043 Posts

Great game. Glad I can finally play it with my friends, since none of them ever buy Xbox consoles.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46466 Posts

@silentchief said:

Sea of thieves was trash for nearly two years but eventually got really good. Playstation owners are getting the complete version.

Oh so it's the Xbox variant of No Man's Sky?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6329 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: You shouldn't of head shot him in that way, but then again he did stick his head out of cover 🤣

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1313 Posts

@silentchief said:

Sea of thieves was trash for nearly two years but eventually got really good. Playstation owners are paying MS top dollar for the complete version.

Tidied that for you kid 👍

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DaVillain  Moderator

@R4gn4r0k said:
@silentchief said:

I remember I did a hyped thread for Sea of Thieves, the game was in a similar statue with State of Decay 2 despite Sea of Thieves launched 2 months ahead of State of Decay 2. I had more fun with State of Decay 2 than I did for Sea of Thieves. Both games didn't have that 100% perfect launch but nowhere near as dead ass broken that is Redfall.

No Man's Sky was just a SP space explorer experience, didn't have no MP, and between Sea of Thieves & No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves edges out of being a semi-complete but if you are the type of gamer who loves SP, than NMS would be the winner.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think State of Decay 2 should also come to PS4/5. And yes, I already know MS is working on State of Decay 3, that game needs to be released along side with PS5 at the very least.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8313 Posts
@davillain said:
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Pretty much no reason to own an Xbox now that Microsoft has waived the white flag in the console war

The same can be said about their direct competitor.🤭

With the way both HFW & GoT are both coming to PC very soon. I'm pretty much thinking of giving away my PS5 and I don't know if I want to bother with the Pro if that's still a thing.

I went SX this gen mainly for cross progression with PC / gamepass/play anywhere.

I like having a decent home console to compliment the PC. People ragged on me at the start of this gen for saying this because "Everything on xbox is on PC".

That was always kind of the point to me. I'll play Sony 1st party story games later when they come to PC. (Maybe.. probably won't bother)

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Silentchief

@saint-george said:
@silentchief said:

Sea of thieves was trash for nearly two years but eventually got really good. Playstation owners are paying MS top dollar for the complete version.

Tidied that for you kid 👍

Cope all you want MS is about 1 year from being a full blown third party publisher.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Silentchief
@R4gn4r0k said:
@silentchief said:

Basically, yes.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Silentchief
@last_lap said:

@R4gn4r0k: You shouldn't of head shot him in that way, but then again he did stick his head out of cover 🤣

You referring to me? You can't really headshot me when I'm stating facts. Some of you choke so hard on corporate schlong you can't see reality.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Last_Lap  Online

@silentchief: Yeah because you're the most neutral cow on here 🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Last_Lap  Online

@davillain said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@silentchief said:

I remember I did a hyped thread for Sea of Thieves, the game was in a similar statue with State of Decay 2 despite Sea of Thieves launched 2 months ahead of State of Decay 2. I had more fun with State of Decay 2 than I did for Sea of Thieves. Both games didn't have that 100% perfect launch but nowhere near as dead ass broken that is Redfall.

No Man's Sky was just a SP space explorer experience, didn't have no MP, and between Sea of Thieves & No Man's Sky, Sea of Thieves edges out of being a semi-complete but if you are the type of gamer who loves SP, than NMS would be the winner.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think State of Decay 2 should also come to PS4/5. And yes, I already know MS is working on State of Decay 3, that game needs to be released along side with PS5 at the very least.

Wait you think State of Decay 3 should release on the PS5 the same day as Xbox?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Saint-George

@silentchief:

Good.

Sony going full multi plat pain eased yet ?🤣😂

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 KvallyX

@silentchief said:

Well PS owners have to pay for the game. It’s free for Xbox owners 😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44167 Posts

Enjoy cows but don't you dare think you can refer to the game as, Sea of mofo Thieves. ;o

That's reserved only for hardcore masters of the seas, lems. lol :P

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#75 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Me and mates ended up getting Sea of Thieves, played it for about 3 hours, thaught it was a bit crap and we all went back to playing Vermintide 2 which was actualyl a really fun game.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Saint-George

Sales win console wars.....or is it Games....i can't remember what cow narrative it is this week......yea its Games...wait maybe its sales..

You're a sad Sony shill aren't you
You're a sad Sony shill aren't you

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@last_lap said:

So, it turns out that Sea of Thieves is currently the number #1 pre-ordered game on the PS store in the US.

Cows had one job and to not go anywhere near this game and send a message to MS that you don't want Xbox games on PS, but it turns out you do 🤦‍♂️

Most people who own consoles are not part of the fanboyisms so they didn't get the message that the <1% of the PS owner base was saying on twitter and forums like this

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Silentchief

@kvallyx said:
@silentchief said:

If paying a monthly subscription is free than PC owners are really getting raped on those Playstation exclusives.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Silentchief
@last_lap said:

I'm at least honest and consistent. If I criticize Microsoft for something I don't give Playstation a pass for doing the same thing. I also don't avoid the threads when Playstation screws up. When MS started releasing their games on PC I said it makes the platform irrelevant and I've given that same criticism towards Playstation. If they go day and date Like Xbox the PS platform will be just as worthless.

I don't support Playstation because I'm a corporate shill I support them because they have generally done the best job... but they are starting to F up and I'm the first to call them out on it.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@kvallyx said:
@silentchief said:

If paying a monthly subscription is free than PC owners are really getting raped on those Playstation exclusives.

Cows here said that MS is giving their games away for free and Lems won't buy games because they wait for them on Game Pass to play them free. Just trying to be consistent with my fellow cow friends!

@silentchief said:
@last_lap said:

I'm at least honest and consistent. If I criticize Microsoft for something I don't give Playstation a pass and I don't avoid the threads. When MS started releasing their games on PC I said it makes the platform irrelevant and I've given that sane criticism towards Playstation. If they go day and date Luke Xbox the PS platform will be just as worthless.

MLB the Show, Helldivers 2, Marathon, Concord, FairGame$ all day one on PC (and some of those on Xbox too).

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Silentchief
@kvallyx said:
@silentchief said:
@kvallyx said:
@silentchief said:

Cows here said that MS is giving their games away for free and Lems won't buy games because they wait for them on Game Pass to play them free. Just trying to be consistent with my fellow cow friends!

@silentchief said:
@last_lap said:

I'm at least honest and consistent. If I criticize Microsoft for something I don't give Playstation a pass and I don't avoid the threads. When MS started releasing their games on PC I said it makes the platform irrelevant and I've given that sane criticism towards Playstation. If they go day and date Luke Xbox the PS platform will be just as worthless.

MLB the Show, Helldivers 2, Marathon, Concord, FairGame$ all day one on PC (and some of those on Xbox too).

Well Lems don't buy games that is a fact based off all evidence we have. Multiplat games sell significantly worse on Xbox than any other platform.

Yea I think I've lost count how many times I've said Sony's push for live service multiplats will drive them to being nothing more them an average third party publisher and make the PS brand irrelevant. That's an opinion I still have today and if they don't have a great showcase this year I will most likely just migrate to PC.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 KvallyX

@silentchief said:

Well Lems don't buy games that is a fact based off all evidence we have. Multiplat games sell significantly worse on Xbix than any other platform.

Yea I think I've lost count how many times I've said Sony's push for live service multiplats will drive them to being nothing more them an average third party publisher and make the PS brand irrelevant. That's an opinion I still have today and if they don't have a great showcase this year I will most likely just migrate to PC.

But Xbox gamers do buy games. But there are substantially less Xbox consoles sold than PS and Nintendo, so there will be less games bought. Game Pass is only 10-15% of their business. The rest comes from game software and hardware sales.

But I am really with you. I might be doing a PC migration this year as well.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

I'm not saying the numbers are wrong but is there a way to check how many copies of games are preordered.. like a website or something? I mean, it seems we just have to go off of what we're told, and I don't go fishing in that boat.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Last_Lap  Online

@silentchief said:
@last_lap said:

I'm at least honest and consistent. If I criticize Microsoft for something I don't give Playstation a pass for doing the same thing. I also don't avoid the threads when Playstation screws up. When MS started releasing their games on PC I said it makes the platform irrelevant and I've given that same criticism towards Playstation. If they go day and date Like Xbox the PS platform will be just as worthless.

I don't support Playstation because I'm a corporate shill I support them because they have generally done the best job... but they are starting to F up and I'm the first to call them out on it.

In what aspect?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Last_Lap  Online
@regnaston said:
@last_lap said:

So, it turns out that Sea of Thieves is currently the number #1 pre-ordered game on the PS store in the US.

Cows had one job and to not go anywhere near this game and send a message to MS that you don't want Xbox games on PS, but it turns out you do 🤦‍♂️

Most people who own consoles are not part of the fanboyisms so they didn't get the message that the <1% of the PS owner base was saying on twitter and forums like this

As i'm sure you're aware, the real world doesn't exist on here, hence the thread and the fun that lies within 😁

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8202 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@silentchief said:

Well Lems don't buy games that is a fact based off all evidence we have. Multiplat games sell significantly worse on Xbix than any other platform.

[...]

But Xbox gamers do buy games. But there are substantially less Xbox consoles sold than PS and Nintendo, so there will be less games bought. Game Pass is only 10-15% of their business. The rest comes from game software and hardware sales.

[...]

your clear and basic logic will fall on deaf ears unfortunately..

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Silentchief

@last_lap said:
@silentchief said:
@last_lap said:

In what aspect?

Mainly games. Some of their first party games have been among the best in the Industry and the studios they either bought decades ago are formed themselves are among the best in the industry. Sony Santa Monica, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, Gurilla Games and Naughty Dog were all top tier studios.

But then they hired for live service and forced these studios to work on projects they really had no passion for. Once the projects failed to meet quality checks they were cancelled and here we are. It's been three years since they announced a game I care about.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 949 Posts

@last_lap: That only goes to push MS into releasing more games on PS...

Anyway, we want good games no matter where they come from. I would love for Gears, Halo and Ori on the PS consoles

Shame Sea of Thieves is the one people are most excited for and not Hi-fi Rush that is definitely the more interesting to me

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 949 Posts

@last_lap: That only goes to push MS into releasing more games on PS...

Anyway, we want good games no matter where they come from. I would love for Gears, Halo and Ori on the PS consoles

Shame Sea of Thieves is the one people are most excited for and not Hi-fi Rush that is definitely the more interesting to me but gamers gonna stupid, I guess

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Last_Lap  Online

@vatususreturns: This is a doubled edged sword for me.

I was hoping that it would be a failure and that these games sold poorly so MS would maybe realise that they need to fight harder to get more people on the Xbox platform where I mainly game.

On the flipside it goes to show that cows on here are in the minority and represent a minute portion of the PS fanbase.

I own every PS console except for the PS5 (and won't be buying one) and am currently playing (well trying) Shenmue 3.

I just think that MS needs to hold up a portion of the console market to hold Sony accountable because we know cows/public won't. If Sony has it all on its terms, well gaming as we know it will be even worse than it is now.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Last_Lap  Online

@silentchief: Here's the thing, Sony has buried themselves here. They make games where there's 7hrs+ of cutscenes, so they gotta pay actors etc and are blowing out their budgets and taking even longer to release games, and with those studios you mentioned they all make the same games as in third person action adventure open world games.

They are creatively bankrupt. What's next Ghost of Tsushima 2, Horizon 3, Last of Us 3, and so on. There is no originality at Sony whatsoever. I say this as a person who likes that genre, The last game I finished on the PS4 was original Horizon game late last year.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Silentchief

@last_lap: I don't mind production values but it has gotten out of control. They could eliminate this by not hiring 30 writers and using consulting firms for their games( who honestly just make them worse).

As for them making the same games that isn't true. You are entitled to your opinion but they have created far more original IP's the past 10 years then either Nintendo or Microsoft. These games are also not all the same. You may find similarities between Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon but they have little in common with something like God of War or The Last of Us. Not to mention other things like Returnal, Ratchet and Clank and Demon Souls.

It's ironic when you're talking about being creatively bankrupt when Microsoft has created 8 Halos ,6 Gears of War and about 10 Forzas.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1145 Posts

Didn't last long. LOL

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Silentchief

@loudheadphones said:

Didn't last long. LOL

Yea no way Dragons Dogma doesn't win March.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1145 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@last_lap said:

Phil Spencer's job was to keep Xbox games off PS, but, welp, here we are. 🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Last_Lap  Online

@silentchief: Yeah they are all the same with just a different skin.

It's funny because Dreams was supposed to be a 10yr investment from Sony that lasted 3yrs, that was something original in Sony's portfolio but they killed it.

So you think R & C and a remake of an old game is original, yeah you found one in Returnal.

You say Gears, Halo, Forza. And yet Sony has released the same Baseball game every year since 2006. And there's been 1 Halo in the last 5yrs, 1 Gears in that time too, and 3 Forza's I think. MS is trying to move away from relying on those franchises, as MS has 4 new releases this year and none are from the series you mentioned.

As for new ip's well when they're all the same template, so what difference does it make in the end?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#97 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69931 Posts

@loudheadphones said:

You do know MS makes money from every MS studio game purchased on PS right?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DaVillain  Moderator

@last_lap said:

@vatususreturns: This is a doubled edged sword for me.

I was hoping that it would be a failure and that these games sold poorly so MS would maybe realise that they need to fight harder to get more people on the Xbox platform where I mainly game.

Like @regnaston pointed out, not everyone is a fanboy of just one console brand, its why Sea of Thieves had a successful launch and most PS5 gamers just wanna play games and have fun regardless where it came from even though Sea of Thieves is 6 years old. Of course, I too thought it wouldn't be successful as the game itself is old and well, most Sony fans aren't into old games...or so we thought.

Another way of looking at it, Pirate games are rare, Black Flag came out 2 gens ago, Skull & Bones has lost its hype and Sea of Thieves is the only good Pirate game as we'll ever gonna get.

@last_lap said:

Wait you think State of Decay 3 should release on the PS5 the same day as Xbox?

I don't see why not. State of Decay 3 would be great introduction to Sony gamers and State of Decay 2 is fun, but could use more players other than PC players IMO.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22797 Posts

@Pedro said:
@loudheadphones said:

You do know MS makes money from every MS studio game purchased on PS right?

The levels people will go to soothe their corporate worship.... That image, just wow.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#100  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69931 Posts
@TheEroica said:

The levels people will go to soothe their corporate worship.... That image, just wow.

Anything for a "win" on behalf of the company they worship.😂