Xbox One enforces review embargo to hide deficiencies.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

It's confirmed this cryptic shit on twitter is not MS or Xbone related and actually there is a strong possibility this may be related to PS4.....sudden silence from cows is funny though, classic self ownage

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#53 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@superclocked: ha thats funny. Sony forcing everyone in same room not even using the official console few says before release. And cows laughing at the x1 because they dont want the reviews come till nov 10

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@tormentos said:

@superclocked said:

It's the other way around. Sony has scheduled a large "Review Event," where reviewers will be able to play the PS4 just 4 days before launch, instead of sending out debugged PS4 units to them. XBox One games will be reviewed about 2 weeks before launch...

Journalist mad because sony don't give them free PS4..lol Epic..

JDSN

-Journalists are mad about something

-Cant talk about it because they aint journalists.

-Complain about it on Twitter without being clear on what is going on, includes embarrassing tweet of a journalist's wife using his account to complain about how corporations ruined their weekend.

-Seems the issue is a big deal to them and not to us, which is why is a big fucking deal to the guy that had no problem with Xbox One DRM measures.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704845&page=21

This guys on neogaf nailed ...hahaha.

And we all know Arthur Gies is a die hard lemming father of the whole secret sauce theories on neogaf,and Adam Sessler has been defending the xbox one non stop to the point were he did not had a problem with MS DRM crap policies.

Yes because Adam Sessler is not a games journalist..............

Sony could kill your mom and you would defend them. I find it funny that you use other forum posters to try and make your argument seem better. Its like two window lickers laughing at each others jokes.

Sony having a review party because they don't have real PS4s that can actually run their games. Controlled demo environments are just that, controlled.

Sony is laughable.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55  Edited By Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Reddit as a news source? Review embargos are something new? Must be a slow day on system wars.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@arkephonic said:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1p95cj/apparently_microsoft_has_a_damaging_x1_secret/

Basically, tons of reviewers/journalists are on Facebook/Twitter making hints at something very damaging. Microsoft isn't allowing any reviewers to make PS4 vs. Xbox One comparisons, nor are they handing out Xbone versions of games for reviews. Xbox One reviews are embargo'd until Noon on launch day.
From what I've read on Twitter, NeoGAF and other sources, basically, the console's ESRAM is this generation's Cell CPU. It makes games harder to develop for, which is resulting in a lot of multiplatform games being in lower resolutions, slower frame rates, and lower textures.

So now cows are willing to concede that the Cell was a bad architectural decision? ;)

Sony themselves even admitted to this. lol

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Thread title needs updating.

Also - lol

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

@superclocked: ha thats funny. Sony forcing everyone in same room not even using the official console few says before release. And cows laughing at the x1 because they dont want the reviews come till nov 10

Sony is doing it all wrong, they should mark the PS4 as a PC Peripheral

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kuu2 said:

The only thing in question at the moment is if Sony will delay their console. They don't even have working final hardware to send out to reviewers. What does that tell you? My thread (2weeks ago) about an actual working PS4 in the wild was spot on. Good luck Sony Fan with your Flat Line Of Death and PS4.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Those facts your killing me...hahaha But but Tormentos all you post is rumors and speculation...hahaha

I can tell you that I contacted Sony Nordic PR and they told me that game reviewews and journalists were recommended to buy then PS4s themself to review PS4 games. The PS4 review event which is going on now is probably an event to solve this "journalists getting sendt PS4 devices before launch problem".

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87674125&postcount=1144

Hahahaha this is what the fuss is all about apparently which has nothing to do with delay and more to do with sony wanted as much consoles to sell as possible.

Is about time reviewers carry their own weight in the industry,how the hell you do care about a game been good or ban when all are given to you free.

TruthArisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TruthArisen
Member since 2013 • 403 Posts

Wonder Woman ponders Sessler's comments of "career ending." Her eyes narrow as she mutters, silently,"This has nothing to do with either Sony or Microsoft. This has to do with YouTube, and what will, and will not be allowed to be broadcast in the near future concerning next generation."

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By danabo

@tormentos said:

"Snip"

Staged reviews, 900p, no DVDs without internet, FLoD = rushed console - lol

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By kuu2

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

The only thing in question at the moment is if Sony will delay their console. They don't even have working final hardware to send out to reviewers. What does that tell you? My thread (2weeks ago) about an actual working PS4 in the wild was spot on. Good luck Sony Fan with your Flat Line Of Death and PS4.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Those facts your killing me...hahaha But but Tormentos all you post is rumors and speculation...hahaha

I can tell you that I contacted Sony Nordic PR and they told me that game reviewews and journalists were recommended to buy then PS4s themself to review PS4 games. The PS4 review event which is going on now is probably an event to solve this "journalists getting sendt PS4 devices before launch problem".

Hahahaha this is what the fuss is all about apparently which has nothing to do with delay and more to do with sony wanted as much consoles to sell as possible.

Is about time reviewers carry their own weight in the industry,how the hell you do care about a game been good or ban when all are given to you free.

Ha, buy the console and play the games so reviews are weeks after the launch or you can play in our controlled environment does not sound suspicious to you????

You truly are a simpleton.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Sony could kill your mom and you would defend them. I find it funny that you use other forum posters to try and make your argument seem better. Its like two window lickers laughing at each others jokes.

Sony having a review party because they don't have real PS4s that can actually run their games. Controlled demo environments are just that, controlled.

Sony is laughable.

This coming from the dude claiming that the PS4 will be delay.?

hahaha....

Once again Adam and Arthur mad because sony told them to buy a PS4..hahahaaa

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kuu2

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Sony is laughable.

This coming from the dude claiming that the PS4 will be delay.?

hahaha....

Once again Adam and Arthur mad because sony told them to buy a PS4..hahahaaa

You keep trotting out SonyGaf as if they are some authority. If I cared what was on SonyGaf I would be posting there and not here.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kuu2

Also coming out is that any YouTube video reviews have to be cleared by Sony.

Wow!!!! Anyone thinking that Sony is for the gamer is sadly mistaken. If this keeps up the gaming industry will crater in on itself. You don't get the word out about your product by limiting who can get the word out.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Ha, buy the console and play the games so reviews are weeks after the launch or you can play in our controlled environment does not sound suspicious to you????

Jeremy Conrad

When I was at IGN, we stood in line 18 hours to buy our PS2s for work. Any reviewer crying about not getting a free PS4 is a little b!t*h.

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/394467795565420545

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

IGN ex worker confirms he stood in line 18 hours for a PS2 for his work..

Adam Sassler + Arthur Gies = B**chs..

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By kuu2

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Jeremy Conrad

When I was at IGN, we stood in line 18 hours to buy our PS2s for work. Any reviewer crying about not getting a free PS4 is a little b!t*h.

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/394467795565420545

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

IGN ex worker confirms he stood in line 18 hours for a PS2 for his work..

Adam Sassler + Arthur Gies = B**chs..

"IGN ex worker"..............

Doesn't sound like he was doing it right.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By danabo

@danabo said:

@tormentos said:

"cry"

lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

You keep trotting out SonyGaf as if they are some authority. If I cared what was on SonyGaf I would be posting there and not here.

lol Sonygaf..

@kuu2 said:

Wow!!!! Anyone thinking that Sony is for the gamer is sadly mistaken. If this keeps up the gaming industry will crater in on itself. You don't get the word out about your product by limiting who can get the word out.

Yes is much worse than sending $800 dollars worth of Halo crap to reviewers buy those reviews.

How about MS 2011 best E3 moment free xbox slims for every one...hahaa

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Sony showing its true colours, nothing new

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kuu2

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

lol Sonygaf..

@kuu2 said:

Yes is much worse than sending $800 dollars worth of Halo crap to reviewers buy those reviews.

How about MS 2011 best E3 moment free xbox slims for every one...hahaa

Keep trying to deflect what Sony does it just makes you look more pathetic.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

I wonder what the new RROD will be called.

MS will deny that they have any issues as usual but i give the launch consoles 3 months before they crap out

Its called RLOD and coming to a PS4 near you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Neither was Don Mattrick...hahahaaaa

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kuu2

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Neither was Don Mattrick...hahahaaaa

More deflecting.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

lol...

Adam Sassler...

Online DRM......... Ok with it

No Used games...........Ok with it

1080p on PS4 720p on xbox ........... Not a word.

Rumors of ESRAM problems....... Not a word

Found out sony will not send him a PS4 and that he has to buy it..

WTF this is an outrage i quitting gaming,my life is over (wife) Oh sony you ruined my weekend now my love is crying like a baby,since you see he did not pre-order any PS4 so if you don't give him one,and an pre-orders are all gone where in hell will he review your games now he has to wait to 2014...hahaha

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By kuu2

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

lol...

Adam Sassler...

Online DRM......... Ok with it

No Used games...........Ok with it

1080p on PS4 720p on xbox ........... Not a word.

Rumors of ESRAM problems....... Not a word

Found out sony will not send him a PS4 and that he has to buy it..

WTF this is an outrage i quitting gaming,my life is over (wife) Oh sony you ruined my weekend now my love is crying like a baby,since you see he did not pre-order any PS4 so if you don't give him one,and an pre-orders are all gone where in hell will he review your games now he has to wait to 2014...hahaha

To bad Sessler is not the only one.

Try again Sony Fan. Like I said earlier Sony could kill your mother and you would be ok with it.

Its not just about the console it also about the YouTube video restrictions Sony is trying to institute and the way Sessler makes his money. It is probably way over your head to understand though.

You would rather spout 1.8tflops, and 900p vs. 720p instead of actually knowing anything about how the industry works.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By danabo

@tormentos said:

Yeah, but...

Neither was Don Mattrick... *cry*

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@kuu2: Who else? And please don't post some obscure "review site." No company is going to give free systems to every review site.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

To bad Sessler is not the only one.

Try again Sony Fan. Like I said earlier Sony could kill your mother and you would be ok with it.

Its not just about the console it also about the YouTube video restrictions Sony is trying to institute and the way Sessler makes his money. It is probably way over your head to understand though.

You would rather spout 1.8tflops, and 900p vs. 720p instead of actually knowing anything about how the industry works.

Yeah Polygon another MS site.

Really so Sassler make money with sony copyright videos and doesn't give sony a dime.? Maybe that is the reason for all the problems you see,you are using a sony product to generate profits by inserting ads,and sony isn't seeing money out of it,so yeah buy the damn console and at least give something to sony.

You know what i care.?

I care about not paying more for inferior hardware,i am sure a truck load of consumers feel that way,i care about my rights as gamer to not been block to access used games and selling the games i legally own,2 things which Adam Sassler say sh** about hell he supported MS on that sh** and that affect me.

What he is complaining about doesn't affect me in any way,i don't buy games based on reviews even less from him.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tormentos

@danabo said:

@tormentos said:

Yeah, but...

Neither was Don Mattrick... *cry*

Yep this is a picture of how Sassler feel now..

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kuu2

@Chutebox said:

@kuu2: Who else? And please don't post some obscure "review site." No company is going to give free systems to every review site.

So again Sony Fan wants to dictate who is a 'real journo' and who isn't. You guys crack me.

Marcus Beer is another well known journalist that is also in an uproar.

http://www.giantbomb.com/marcus-beer/3040-32463/

The point though is not whether or not they have to pay for a system it is that games can't be reviewed on the actual hardware that we as gamers will be playing prior to release. A review on a debug kit is not final hardware and could have differences from what you experience. In other words the review is not accurate to the final build systems.

Smoke and mirrors. Reviews done in a controlled environment is not the industry norm and it should not become so this gen.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 danabo

@danabo said:

@tormentos said:

"Snip"

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Chutebox

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

So again Sony Fan wants to dictate who is a 'real journo' and who isn't. You guys crack me.

The point though is not whether or not they have to pay for a system it is that games can't be reviewed on the actual hardware that we as gamers will be playing prior to release. A review on a debug kit is not final hardware and could have differences from what you experience. In other words the review is not accurate to the final build systems.

Smoke and mirrors. Reviews done in a controlled environment is not the industry norm and it should not become so this gen.

You are STILL on this crap? Seriously? Good Lord.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kuu2

@Chutebox said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

Just say you are Sony Fan. Get out on the table like Tormy the window licker. At least he does not hide his bias.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Chutebox

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

Just say you are Sony Fan. Get out on the table like Tormy the window licker. At least he does not hide his bias.

You call anyone a "Sony Fan" who calls you out on your stupidity. So pretty much everyone here.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#86 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Reminds me of the reviews for Aliens Colonial Marines.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 kuu2

@Chutebox said:

You call anyone a "Sony Fan" who calls you out on your stupidity. So pretty much everyone here.

If you say so. This is CowSpot so it is not uncommon here.

And so far my "stupidity" has not been disproven when it comes to the Sony smoke, fog, blur,bloom, and mirrors show that shows up every console generation.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

TC needs to change the title to Sony is blocking reviews of PS4 versions of games as that is what is really happening.

The Sony camp along with Sony Neo Gaf have been spreading bs since February. Now that the truth is out it seems like Sony is the one who doesn't want to show head to heads with Xbox One games. We already seen that You Tube video that shows BF4 XB1 vs BF4 PS4 head to head and there was no denying the XB1 version looked the hell of lot better. Hopefully EA can fix it quickly or there are going to be a lot of disappointed gamers come launch.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Chutebox

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

And so far my "stupidity" has not been disproven when it comes to the Sony smoke, fog, blur,bloom, and mirrors show that shows up every console generation.

Except it has. You've seen pictures and people who actually played the games commenting on them, you just don't like what they had to say. So you can take the quotes off stupidity.

You're no different than the cows (and lems) plaguing this site. Pure stupidity.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos

@Chutebox said:

He still defending it... Some how he thinks this is bad for some one other than those reviewers,the make videos sell adds on those videos and pay sony nothing for it while they profits from the PS4,and they complain about having to buy a console.

I think not only the console also the games they most buy,there is no sense of value for reviewers if they don't buy their own games,come on is not the same wasting $60 on a game that sucks than been giving a game that suck for free and some how feel is ok to buy it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

@Chutebox said:

So there is Sonygaf and this is cow spot and some how you think that you are the one who is right..hahaha

Lets see if you care when on launch you care about those inferior xbox one games,since that really affect you unlike what Sassler is complaining..lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Not that I want to get involved in the two of you and your brand loyalty....but this post above is just ridiculous.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

@tormentos: Censorship of criticism is a very bad thing for gaming. Sony is trying to force reviewers into having to get approval before they're aloud to post their PS4 reviews. It makes me wonder what they're afraid the reviewers will say..

If Microsoft was trying to do this, we would never hear the end it...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@superclocked said:

@tormentos: Censorship of criticism is a very bad thing for gaming. Sony is trying to force reviewers into having to get approval before they're aloud to post their PS4 reviews. It makes me wonder what they're afraid the reviewers will say..

If you think pro reviews are honest.....then I have some bridges to sell you.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Chutebox

@superclocked said:

Isn't this just for "random" people who post shit on youtube?

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By danabo

@Chutebox said:

No.

Also, still lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tormentos

@superclocked said:

You mean like xbox one version of games are been hide and not shown running alone side PS4 games.?

COD

NBA 2k14

AC4

You name it.

Explain to me how IGN poster version of COD Ghost for PS4 but not for xbox one,is MS blocking Activision from showing the PS4 version.?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Chutebox

@danabo said:

@Chutebox said:

No.

Also, still lol

Sorry, ignore me. I'm mixing shit up.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By danabo

@tormentos said:

@superclocked said:

You mean like xbox one version of games are been hide and not shown running alone side PS4 games.?

COD

NBA 2k14

AC4

You name it.

Explain to me how IGN poster version of COD Ghost for PS4 but not for xbox one,is MS blocking Activision from showing the PS4 version.?

Staged reviews, 900p, no DVDs without internet, FLoD = rushed console - Sony, lol