Xbox One enforces review embargo to hide deficiencies.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by arkephonic (6208 posts) -

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1p95cj/apparently_microsoft_has_a_damaging_x1_secret/

Basically, tons of reviewers/journalists are on Facebook/Twitter making hints at something very damaging. Microsoft isn't allowing any reviewers to make PS4 vs. Xbox One comparisons, nor are they handing out Xbone versions of games for reviews. Xbox One reviews are embargo'd until Noon on launch day.
From what I've read on Twitter, NeoGAF and other sources, basically, the console's ESRAM is this generation's Cell CPU. It makes games harder to develop for, which is resulting in a lot of multiplatform games being in lower resolutions, slower frame rates, and lower textures.
#2 Posted by stereointegrity (10678 posts) -

Lems can't catch a break

#4 Posted by EZs (1309 posts) -

Poor lems.

#5 Posted by cainetao11 (15841 posts) -

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1p95cj/apparently_microsoft_has_a_damaging_x1_secret/

Basically, tons of reviewers/journalists are on Facebook/Twitter making hints at something very damaging. Microsoft isn't allowing any reviewers to make PS4 vs. Xbox One comparisons, nor are they handing out Xbone versions of games for reviews. Xbox One reviews are embargo'd until Noon on launch day.
From what I've read on Twitter, NeoGAF and other sources, basically, the console's ESRAM is this generation's Cell CPU. It makes games harder to develop for, which is resulting in a lot of multiplatform games being in lower resolutions, slower frame rates, and lower textures.

If that's true about the ESRAM then its lazy devs. Cows used it so why not?

#6 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

THE LEMS HAVE BEEN OWNED.

#7 Edited by stereointegrity (10678 posts) -

i hope lems still dont see the point of buying this machine at $500

#8 Edited by lamprey263 (22430 posts) -

the review embargo lifts before the PS4 is even released I don't see how this will be a big issue, and none of the source's sources seem credible to me in the sense that they hinted at anything making it sound like MS is hiding performance issues

#9 Posted by kitty (114309 posts) -

i hope lems still dont see the point of buying this machine at $500

If going by this part, which I believe most of you are

"the console's ESRAM is this generation's Cell CPU. It makes games harder to develop for, which is resulting in a lot of multiplatform games being in lower resolutions, slower frame rates, and lower textures."

If you are a so called cow, you would be going against what hurt your ps3. Which wouldn't make sense trying to claim ownage.

#10 Posted by super600 (29954 posts) -

From what I read the ESRAM is a challenge to work with when developing xbox one game's, but it's easier to work with then the cell.

#11 Edited by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

I cant believe people would justify a $500 price tag for this console, when you can get the ps4 for $100 cheaper, and every multiplat will be significantly better.

#12 Edited by kitty (114309 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

I cant believe people would justify a $500 price tag for this console, when you can get the ps4 for $100 cheaper, and every multiplat will be significantly better.

will you add me as a friend when I get a ps4? :P

#13 Posted by finalstar2007 (24864 posts) -

This generation is seriously going to be pure interesting.. poor xbox

#14 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

will you add me as a friend when I get a ps4? :P

Ofcourse i will 2ndwonder :D

#15 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

"Xbox One enforces review embargo to hide deficiencies."

The big news here is that the Xbox One is self-aware. Be afraid.

#17 Posted by always_explicit (2628 posts) -

Sony are also rumoured to be doing the same thing...

#18 Edited by Suppaman100 (3584 posts) -

Where's your source or are you just damage controlling?

#19 Posted by navyguy21 (12689 posts) -

Thats different.

Sony does it because they are saints and wants to make sure each game gets a fair review.

MS is evil and is trying to trick people and hide suckage.

#20 Posted by Scipio8 (608 posts) -
#21 Posted by super600 (29954 posts) -

According to the kevin dent it is about recording video footage of the PS4 and PS4 games.Also a review embargo does not exist for third party games

#22 Posted by PAL360 (26567 posts) -

Oh boy. It would have been so easy to MS to deliver, and yet they dropped the ball!

#23 Edited by remiks00 (1533 posts) -

Wow..., This only solidifies my console of choice even more. (The PS4).

#24 Edited by Desmonic (12667 posts) -

I'd say it's just the normal embargo these things usually have. The rest is just speculation by people online, at this point in time.

#25 Edited by tormentos (16472 posts) -

@super600 said:

From what I read the ESRAM is a challenge to work with when developing xbox one game's, but it's easier to work with then the cell.

But unlike Cell that was powerful but hard ESRAM is just memory holding no power at all,i actually gave a scenario like this,in fact it is been rumor that Activision is not using ESRAM at all,several examples where given for ESRAM and for months it has been say that it would be a pain and not comparable for GDDR5 on PS4.

Apparently the leaks about 900P from a nameless developer on Edge was wrong all alone,it wasn't 900p it was even worse 720p.

Hahaha why would they do that when their games are looking much better,also where did you read that xbox forums.?

@always_explicit said:

Thats different.

Sony does it because they are saints and wants to make sure each game gets a fair review.

MS is evil and is trying to trick people and hide suckage.

I am sure you will have a source to back that dude up right since your grabbing hes argument and running away with it.

#26 Posted by tormentos (16472 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Already debunked! Its not about the Xbox One, possibly PS4 related...sorry cows

Bad News Regarding Industry Incoming, Possibly PS4 And Sony Related? (Updated)

You posted a link who uses ad source Arthur Gies.? hahahaa you do know he was the father of the whole secret sauce crap for the xbox right.?

And Adam Sassler has been very pro xbox in recent month and he has been call on it.

And the funny thing is that while 3rd parties are showing their games on PS4 openly,even Activision which for years have show nothing but the xbox 360 version do to having deals with MS is showing the PS4 version,but the xbox one version is no where to be found,funny there is a review for AC4 on PS3,xbox 360 and PS4 xbox one completely missing in action.

But yeah it is sony Arthur Gies confirms it..haha

#27 Posted by Scipio8 (608 posts) -

Since E3 Sony has been tripping all over the place, Xbox One gaining pre-order share, no retail kit to try, delayed games, overheating and buggy consoles. If there is more bad news this will bury the PS4.

#28 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

Yup but, the system dont come till 22. Basicly still a month. Patch it... 10 days still plenty time cancel any pre order online or store...

so if they was really hiding something they wouldn'tlet sites release till 22

#29 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -
#30 Posted by always_explicit (2628 posts) -

Sounds like a bunch of journo's getting their panties in a twist because they cant review the systems...nothing game changing at all.

#31 Edited by ButDuuude (392 posts) -

I believe it's about youtube removing all game videos not published by the developers, or this:

#32 Edited by TheEroica (13012 posts) -

@tormentos: why do you always defend a point with either laughter or speculation...? I wish sometimes you'd use some facts or at least present some good counterpoint. Sessler has been pro XBone in recent months? what?

Anyway facts seem to point in the direction that ps4 is the more capable hardware but Wtf Is Sony up to? If it's a streaming to youtube thing, I dont care..If its a hardware issue then my fears of buying a day one busted console with no games is coming true :(

#33 Edited by dommeus (9119 posts) -

never buy a system at launch...you are at a lot more risk these days of paying over the odds for a likely faulty piece of hardware with little-no software.

#34 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5691 posts) -

seems like it's a publisher issue... If that's the case, then it's not MS or Sony.

#35 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

Everyone who has been hinting about stuff on Twitter has come forward and said that it has nothing to do with the XBox One...

#36 Posted by shawn30 (4290 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Already debunked! Its not about the Xbox One, possibly PS4 related...sorry cows

Bad News Regarding Industry Incoming, Possibly PS4 And Sony Related? (Updated)

Cows stay eating crow, lol. Need to stop going nuts over rumors until confirmation arrives. Stop jumping the gun over every little tweet. Discussion is good, but the endless Xbox One doom and gloom threads are becoming silly. If everyone takes a chill pill until confirmation on these rumors hits we'd all be served better. Then again, this is SW so yeah.... PS3.5 bad news incoming!!! :) I kid, I kid

#37 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Real or not it wouldn't surprise me, it's typical Microsoft behavior. They used to keep black lists of reviewers who gave bad reviews to windows products back in the day. They've always been very manipulative.

#38 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

It's the other way around. Sony has scheduled a large "Review Event," where reviewers will be able to play the PS4 just 4 days before launch, instead of sending out debugged PS4 units to them. XBox One games will be reviewed about 2 weeks before launch...

#40 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

Lol a butthurt Lem as usual. You guys can't even be called gamers so respect your superiors. Afterall if it wasn't for Sony and cows saving gaming by ridiculing MS you'll be getting even more shafted.

#41 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5885 posts) -

@Scipio8: this about Sony. They have a huge shitstorm coming. MS just wants a straight up fight and don't want a comparison against a Sony PC debug kit. Sony is creating tons of criteria for staged demos. The shit is gonna hit the fan.

#42 Posted by Netret0120 (1890 posts) -

I wonder what the new RROD will be called.

MS will deny that they have any issues as usual but i give the launch consoles 3 months before they crap out

#43 Edited by xsubtownerx (10705 posts) -

Best thread ever. I love the turn around that happened here. Pure classic.

#44 Posted by AdobeArtist (22738 posts) -

So now cows are willing to concede that the Cell was a bad architectural decision? ;)

#45 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

Because of the unknow of either system, yet another reason to get a WIiU this year and then wait till next year for one of the other system. Wait till all of this has cleared up.

#46 Edited by tormentos (16472 posts) -

@superclocked said:

It's the other way around. Sony has scheduled a large "Review Event," where reviewers will be able to play the PS4 just 4 days before launch, instead of sending out debugged PS4 units to them. XBox One games will be reviewed about 2 weeks before launch...

Journalist mad because sony don't give them free PS4..lol Epic..

JDSN

-Journalists are mad about something

-Cant talk about it because they aint journalists.

-Complain about it on Twitter without being clear on what is going on, includes embarrassing tweet of a journalist's wife using his account to complain about how corporations ruined their weekend.

-Seems the issue is a big deal to them and not to us, which is why is a big fucking deal to the guy that had no problem with Xbox One DRM measures.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=704845&page=21

This guys on neogaf nailed ...hahaha.

And we all know Arthur Gies is a die hard lemming father of the whole secret sauce theories on neogaf,and Adam Sessler has been defending the xbox one non stop to the point were he did not had a problem with MS DRM crap policies.

#47 Posted by BruceBenzing (285 posts) -
#48 Edited by kuu2 (6796 posts) -

Because of the unknow of either system, yet another reason to get a WIiU this year and then wait till next year for one of the other system. Wait till all of this has cleared up.

The only thing in question at the moment is if Sony will delay their console. They don't even have working final hardware to send out to reviewers. What does that tell you? My thread (2weeks ago) about an actual working PS4 in the wild was spot on. Good luck Sony Fan with your Flat Line Of Death and PS4.

#49 Posted by tormentos (16472 posts) -

@Scipio8: this about Sony. They have a huge shitstorm coming. MS just wants a straight up fight and don't want a comparison against a Sony PC debug kit. Sony is creating tons of criteria for staged demos. The shit is gonna hit the fan.

MS and fair fight are 2 words that never eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer go alone side one with the other.

#50 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

Bomb dropped.........XBone faiL.

PS4 more powerful and cheaper......SDC.