Xbox One Day One

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

So for fathers day my son tried to put a 100.00 down towards a X1 but Gamestop said they were sold out of all their preorders. He obviously wants me to have One so I figured I'd use the 100.00 GS gift card he gave to buy a couple launch games and went ahead and ordered the special edition Xbox One Day One console direct off XBL.

Anyway, sorry as I'm certain this will piss off many of the Sony reps or just plain MS console haters here on SW but it's a done deed and now I can't hardly wait until Day One baby - Start your engines FM5 players !!! :D

Anyone else getting the special edition console?

Discuss if you wish.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Why do you want an Xbox One? Not questioning your preferences or anything, of course, I am just genuinely curious what makes you want it. Rest assured I won't attack you or argue against your opinions.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Meh, you just can't fix stupid. /THREAD
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Why do you want an Xbox One? Not questioning your preferences or anything, of course, I am just genuinely curious what makes you want it. Rest assured I won't attack you or argue against your opinions.charizard1605

Forza 5. That is the only reason anyone could want one, especially SecretPolice.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Its nothing to do with sony fanboys or M$ haters ...its is to do with the fact that if you buy a machine like this and put up with the restrictions in place then you are a bad consumer and will be partly responsible for the over the top nikcle and diming that will result in buying a device like this.

Giving up your rights as a consumer just so you can a few new exclusives?? no thanks

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

sounds like your checking the forums to justify your purchase. 

Exile_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Exile_basic
Member since 2002 • 270 Posts

So for fathers day my son tried to put a 100.00 down towards a X1 but Gamestop said they were sold out of all their preorders. He obviously wants me to have One so I figured I'd use the 100.00 GS gift card he gave to buy a couple launch games and went ahead and ordered the special edition Xbox One Day One console direct off XBL.

Anyway, sorry as I'm certain this will piss off many of the Sony reps or just plain MS console haters here on SW but it's a done deed and now I can't hardly wait until Day One baby - Start your engines FM5 players !!! :D

Discuss if you wish.

SecretPolice

I hope you enjoy your purchase. You know what the console offers and what the draw backs are so enjoy your purchase. I really hate how Sony fanboys try to persuade you not to buy the Wii U cause of the "insanely horrible cpu and gpu" etc. or the xbox cause of the DRM etc. Sony fanboys are getting annoying with thier "I am so powerful without DRM" attitude. 

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Discuss if you wish.

SecretPolice

Well let's just hope that FM 5 ends up looking half as good as what you saw at E3, being it was running on a super high end Nvidia based PC and all. I'm curious to see it running on actual Xbone dev kit.  My guess is either 720p @ 60fps or 1080p @ 30fps (a la Driveclub). I gotta say, you must have a lot of confidence in MS after the Xbox360 RROD debacle. Good luck and happy gaming.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Why do you want an Xbox One? Not questioning your preferences or anything, of course, I am just genuinely curious what makes you want it. Rest assured I won't attack you or argue against your opinions._Matt_

Forza 5. That is the only reason anyone could want one, especially SecretPolice.

Matt hits Nail on the head... along with many of the other games announced for X1 plus I'm certain more is coming from Rare, LH, and the BT game will likely be a winner.

As my son & I discussed, as of now, the games announced for PS4 are kinda a bore for us but char, that's just my opinion and that could change later on down the road.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Why do you want an Xbox One? Not questioning your preferences or anything, of course, I am just genuinely curious what makes you want it. Rest assured I won't attack you or argue against your opinions.SecretPolice

Matt hits Nail on the head... along with many of the other games announced for X1 plus I'm certain more is coming from Rare, LH, and the BT game will likely be a winner.

As my son & I discussed, as of now, the games announced for PS4 are kinda a bore for us but char, that's just my opinion and that could change later on down the road.

Of course, like I said, I won't argue your opinion at all :) Forza 5 does look great (albeit a bit of a missed opportunity, which I presume has to do with it being a launch title); any other games you are interested in?
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Nice fathers day gift and I hope you enjoy the system. It does have some darn good looking games coming such as D4, quantum break, Titanfall, ect
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Well, System Wars can't save everyone. :(
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Ive got my XB1 paid for. Picking up Forza 5 and Killer Instinct. Don't know about any other games right now.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

helll yeh! day one

tumblr_mjl37kXmBj1s5s7ryo1_500.gif

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
Poor son, he will suffer in life due to poor decisions. You should have taught him better.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Good, we can remain mortal enemies through this gen then and watch as SDC marches on to the promise land...awwwww yeahhhhhh woot woot..SONY SONY WIN WIN..SONY SONY WIN WIN
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Have both pre-ordered. I got yo back.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Why the hell would you want to get an Xbox One?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
This Sony rep is downright furious, TC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Why the hell would you want to get an Xbox One?

Cyberdot
He JUST explained that
Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Meh, you just can't fix stupid. /THREADAmazonTreeBoa
I have always thought this looks really stupid whenever its used and the thread doesnt end. On topic, I am picking up an X1 also, PSbore looks boring to me.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

charizard1605

Of course, like I said, I won't argue your opinion at all :) Forza 5 does look great (albeit a bit of a missed opportunity, which I presume has to do with it being a launch title); any other games you are interested in?

Thanks char :) Not certain yet but likely QB, DR3, TF, and KI is said to be F2P and likely and don't laugh :P KS Rivals. Still holding out hope Rare has something for the launch not announced yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Matt hits Nail on the head... along with many of the other games announced for X1 plus I'm certain more is coming from Rare, LH, and the BT game will likely be a winner.

SecretPolice

Thanks char :) Not certain yet but likely QB, DR3, TF, and KI is said to be F2P and likely and don't laugh :P KS Rivals. Still holding out hope Rare has something for the launch not announced yet.

Lol, I like Kinect Sports. Fun game to play, especially at a party, and with friends, so I have no reason to believe the new one won't be fun either. Although a new Banjo or, man, a new Conker. Seriously, if Microsoft decides to mine and exploit the Rare back catalog, I'll find it very hard to resist the Xbox One :P
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#24 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Not getting one, but enjoy yours.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#25 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It'll be a nice thing to have in the future.

I mean things like that are nice Collector's Items.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

This is like losing your virginity to a hooker.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Of course, like I said, I won't argue your opinion at all :) Forza 5 does look great (albeit a bit of a missed opportunity, which I presume has to do with it being a launch title); any other games you are interested in?charizard1605

Lol, I like Kinect Sports. Fun game to play, especially at a party, and with friends, so I have no reason to believe the new one won't be fun either. Although a new Banjo or, man, a new Conker. Seriously, if Microsoft decides to mine and exploit the Rare back catalog, I'll find it very hard to resist the Xbox One :P

Man, I was going to mention those two Rare IP's but figured I've been barking up that tree all gen and most around here likely know those are the games I've been hoping for as launch games also, a Kameo 2 / VP3 would work as well.. :)

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 always_explicit

Heirren
An awesome expensive hooker.
TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TommyBarban
Member since 2012 • 653 Posts

Have fun SP, I'm sure it will have its moments.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

always_explicit

Day One baby...

th?id=H.4670477337234151&pid=1.7

:P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Discuss if you wish.

SecretPolice
Blog it bro. This isn't worth any discussion.
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 always_explicit

[QUOTE="always_explicit"][QUOTE="Heirren"]

SecretPolice

Day One baby...

th?id=H.4670477337234151&pid=1.7

:P

Amen brother 

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Discuss if you wish.

Animal-Mother

Oh he mad bro... and we were doing just fine without your lackluster input,

Bah bye.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

Anyway, sorry as I'm certain this will piss off many of the Sony reps or just plain MS console hatershere on SW but it's a done deed and now I can't hardly wait until Day One baby - Start your engines FM5 players !!! :D

Discuss if you wish.

SecretPolice

SO we have to be a Sony REP or a Microsoft console hater to not like DRM?? to not like Restrictions??? 

I like to let my brother and some friends borrow my games and now I won't be able to and it should be OKAY with me???   Also, I go to friends houses and I bring my games with me... but NOW I will be LIMITED to ONE HOUR... but hey that should be OKAY???

I do not own kinect for my 360 but now Microsoft is giving me NO CHOICE in the matter and I should just bend over and take it... 

And for those reasons Im a REP?? a Hater???

So what does that make you???? just wondering?? 

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Good. Keep all the idiots away from PSN.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Anyway, sorry as I'm certain this will piss off many of the Sony reps or just plain MS console hatershere on SW but it's a done deed and now I can't hardly wait until Day One baby - Start your engines FM5 players !!! :D

Discuss if you wish.

Ravenlore_basic

SO we have to be a Sony REP or a Microsoft console hater to not like DRM?? to not like Restrictions??? 

I like to let my brother and some friends borrow my games and now I won't be able to and it should be OKAY with me???   Also, I go to friends houses and I bring my games with me... but NOW I will be LIMITED to ONE HOUR... but hey that should be OKAY???

I do not own kinect for my 360 but now Microsoft is giving me NO CHOICE in the matter and I should just bend over and take it... 

All valid points, lets wait for reaction/discussion and comments.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Discuss if you wish.

Ravenlore_basic

I like to let my brother and some friends borrow my games and now I won't be able to and it should be OKAY with me??? Also, I go to friends houses and I bring my games with me... but NOW I will be LIMITED to ONE HOUR... but hey that should be OKAY???

Eh W/E, makes me an open minded individual not trying so hard to convince others not to buy something or how they should view a VG console plus the fact, it likely comes down to economics whereby I'll spend 500 bones on just fuel for my boat this past weekend not counting all the other money spent on this past weekends entertainment - not bragging but really, it's not a biggie for me to spend the 5 bills on X1 just for the fun of having it and FM5 day one and who knows, I may get the U or PS4 for myself or kids for Christmas as well sooo, just sayin.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Ravenlore_basic"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Discuss if you wish.

SecretPolice

I like to let my brother and some friends borrow my games and now I won't be able to and it should be OKAY with me??? Also, I go to friends houses and I bring my games with me... but NOW I will be LIMITED to ONE HOUR... but hey that should be OKAY???

Eh W/E, makes me an open minded individual not trying so hard to convince others not to buy something or how they should view a VG console plus the fact, it likely comes down to economics whereby I'll spend 500 bones on just fuel for my boat this past weekend not counting all the other money spent on this past weekends entertainment - not bragging but really, it's not a biggie for me to spend the 5 bills on X1 just for the fun of having it and FM5 day one and who knows, I may get the U or PS4 for myself or kids for Christmas as well sooo, just sayin.

HEY GUYS HE HAS A BOAT, watch out.... microsoft isn't going to give you a medal for posting on here that your buying a xbox one on launch day.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

Discuss if you wish.

SecretPolice

Oh he mad bro... and we were doing just fine without your lackluster input,

Bah bye.

What am I mad about? The fact you wasted time to make a pointless fanboy thread? Fine by me. But it's true system wars is a place for discussion and this isn't really a discussion at all.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Ravenlore_basic"]

Chris_Williams

HEY GUYS HE HAS A BOAT, watch out.... microsoft isn't going to give you a medal for posting on here that your buying a xbox one on launch day.

Guess the real question will be if he will choose the Xbox One to be playable at home or on his boat.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Yep, day one console and Forza pre ordered :shock:

We should get some System Wars family sharing groups going for ultimate ownage :cool:

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]Eh W/E, makes me an open minded individual not trying so hard to convince others not to buy something or how they should view a VG console plus the fact, it likely comes down to economics whereby I'll spend 500 bones on just fuel for my boat this past weekend not counting all the other money spent on this past weekends entertainment - not bragging but really, it's not a biggie for me to spend the 5 bills on X1 just for the fun of having it and FM5 day one and who knows, I may get the U or PS4 for myself or kids for Christmas as well sooo, just sayin.

Heirren

Guess the real question will be if he will choose the Xbox One to be playable at home or on his boat.

You guys are just redonkulous and should be embarrassed with your feeble tactics / antics, Really !!

Anyhoo, my original April 2006 20 gig 360 is used on my boat, the 250 gig slim is used at home atm and the X1 will replace that and be connected at home in the living room on day one and stay there until I have something better to replace it so ya know, it's good to have options, that is all.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] HEY GUYS HE HAS A BOAT, watch out.... microsoft isn't going to give you a medal for posting on here that your buying a xbox one on launch day. SecretPolice

You guys are just redonkulous and should be embarrassed with your feeble tactics / antics, Really !!

Anyhoo, my original April 2006 20 gig 360 is used on my boat, the 250 gig slim is used at home atm and the X1 will replace that and be connected at home in the living room on day one and stay there until I have something better to replace it so ya know, it's good to have options, that is all.

i just have a question though, we care that you are getting a xbox one because?
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 always_explicit
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Chris_Williams

I care because I might want him in my X1 family so I can access his library for free any time I fancy it......yeeeeh thats why. i just have a question though, we care that you are getting a xbox one because?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

you have a son? wow i feel bad for the kid.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
And you didnt punish your son?
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

you have a son? wow i feel bad for the kid.

Krelian-co

Terrible thing to say. This is as bad as kuraimen saying he is a bad father for not teaching the kid to like Sony. Stupid people in this forum.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts
Why would anyone be bothered by this? It's your money, and you get to buy whatever you like. :P