kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

It looks like Sony might want to look at taking advantage of UWP, as this looks like a nice feature of UWP to automate games to console. The reason PS4 doesn't received Fallout Shelter from Bethesda is because it's a UWP title:

Essentially, Xbox support is a byproduct of Bethesda's work with UWP, while a PS4 release would require a new project to start. Hines has so far had no word on whether that might happen - Bethesda could well be waiting to see what the uptake is on Xbox One before making a decision.

Fallout Shelter has been consistently updated since its release in 2015 - its latest versions are part of the Xbox Play Anywhere programme, meaning the game is cross-buy and cross-save between Xbox and Windows 10.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/just-because-fallout-shelter-hit-xbox-doesnt-mean-itll-come-to-ps4

as well as:

Windows 10 UWP games arriving on Xbox One this year

https://www.slashgear.com/windows-10-uwp-games-arriving-on-xbox-one-this-year-09474416/

What say you System Wars, should UWP be something embraced by all gaming consoles so that they get more games and more indies? If developers are using UWP now, then that blurs the lines and makes everything on Windows (gaming wise) available on Xbox since they are the same.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

Can't wait to imagine how all those cancelled multiplat games would have worked with UWP. It's gonna be glorious and cheap, since I only need cheap ass imagination. TCHBO.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

Zzzzz

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44062 Posts

Phony is doooomed,

MS with UWP, buy once play anywhere is the epitome of, thank you MS, for the gamerz, jazz. :P

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kvally

@SecretPolice said:

Phony is doooomed,

MS with UWP, buy once play anywhere is the epitome of, thank you MS, for the gamerz, jazz. :P

If you look at the Fallout Shelter example, it's actually almost scary. Now developers will be making games on Windows, and the will just work on Xbox. It's that simple. That is gonna make the library YUGE on Xbox.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@kvally said:
@SecretPolice said:

Phony is doooomed,

If you look at the Fallout Shelter example, it's actually almost scary. Now developers will be making games on Windows, and the will just work on Xbox. It's that simple. That is gonna make the library YUGE on Xbox.

Indeed, Nintendo and Switch might make it since it's a bit different but Phony and the PS brand, not so sure. Hope they can hang in there and it would help if they started sharing games with PC as well. We' see, fingers crossed. :P

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@kvally: I can't wait to see all the quality shovelware they get now!!!

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kvally
@vfighter said:

Indeed! More games FTW!

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@vfighter said:

But by cow logic, the more games the better. Especially when you have heli championing that there is over 1000 games on PS4 which doesnt account for the amount of shovelware on it. More games more choices

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

So what you are saying issssss that everything make for the XBO and Scorpio with UWP will work on PC?

Damn that is great now i don't need a scorpio or xbox at all ill upgrade to Ryzen and a cheap RX480 refresh and i am there..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

@kvally

Now who's being fish...hahahahahahaNo Caption Provided

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kvally

@sts106mat said:
@tormentos said:

So what you are saying issssss that everything make for the XBO and Scorpio with UWP will work on PC?

Damn that is great now i don't need a scorpio or xbox at all ill upgrade to Ryzen and a cheap RX480 refresh and i am there..

@kvally

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

uwp can kiss my ******

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

What is fallout shelter ?

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dakur

@k--m--k said:

Some irrelevant app, that's why it sits perfectly on the xbone.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kvally

@k--m--k said:

A game from Bethesda that came out near Fallout 4 time frame and is on PC and Mobile. Now it is showing up on Xbox as well. More games for more gamers.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@tormentos said:

Actually yes, that's exactly what it means. Then you travel and happen to stay at that friends place somewhere ... the only friend who you know who happens to have an Xbox console... but now you can still play your games without lugging a PC along. Even if you won't, you can.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#21  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

For mobile games and maybe some indie games I can see this being a big advantage. It remains to be seen if this would get people to choose xbox over playstation though considering.....

There's 60 million PS4s out there. I don't think developers are going to completely switch to another platform and leave the most dominant gaming console.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dakur

@sts106mat said:
@k--m--k said:

its a great game and they have supported it well since launch.

Has a 63 on PC on metacritic and a 40 on user reviews. Lol this is what lems get excited about. Poor bastards. I guess it is still better than cancelled games LOLOLOLOL

No Man's Sky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> this thing

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kvally: This is why I said most of the PC games that are worth playing will end up on either the PS4 Pro or Scorpio. I don't really need a high performance gaming PC to enjoy PC games. Even all the Indies are going to PS4 and XBox One. I couldn't believe how many indies were already in the XB1 and PS4 Stores. Hundreds and hundreds. Don't know if UWP will make any difference, but I'm covered no matter what.

*******************************************************************************************

@tormentos said:

And visa-versa. I don't need to upgrade to an expensive Ryzen to play PC games. Everything made with UWP on PC can be played on XBox One. lol!! There are 2 sides to every coin you biased troll. XB1 will get a lot cheaper by the end of the year. Upgrading just the GPU on a PC can cost more then an XB1 or PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tormentos

@sts106mat said:

you are being fished you doughnut. he told you he would bait you and he did. he PM'ed me about this thread before he made it.

you are the dumbest fish in history dude.

Where did i quote him.?

It was you who quote me..

I made a simple comment on what i know is a bait thread....

Now who was the one who quote me...Oh wait you did..hahahahaha'

What a nice catch...lol

@Phazevariance said:

Actually yes, that's exactly what it means. Then you travel and happen to stay at that friends place somewhere ... the only friend who you know who happens to have an Xbox console... but now you can still play your games without lugging a PC along. Even if you won't, you can.

So what you areeeeee saying issssssss that i don't need an xbox one or scorpio to enjoy its games.?

Great... Ryzen can't come sooner..lol

@dakur said:

Has a 63 on PC on metacritic and a 40 on user reviews. Lol this is what lems get excited about. Poor bastards. I guess it is still better than cancelled games LOLOLOLOL

This gen lemmings are a joke a 63 game great....hahahahahahahahahaa

The fun part is that the salty lemming doesn't say shit when their lemming friends downplay PS4 games even with scores of 80 or even higher..lol

Sts106mat also loved Ryse to so you know he just love crap.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Oh noez PS4 doesn't get a Fallout mobile game. How will it ever survive?

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kvally

@sts106mat said:
@dakur said:
@sts106mat said:
@k--m--k said:

its a great game and they have supported it well since launch.

REKT!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#29 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

I see a Sony fanny is try ULTRA hard to garner attention. Its hilarious.

Anyway, UWP is the future if MS is able to push it successfully.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos: He told you in the other thread brains.

you replied = you got baited.../end of

And i replay to see you or him quote me guess he was to smart,and you took it...hahahahaha

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Who needs NiOh when you can get cell phone games?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts

And the pieces continue to fall in place..

the true takeaway from this is that, moving forward, developers who target Windows 10 PCs with UWP developed games have zero reason to not put that game on Xbox consoles as well.. This is the basic goal of UWP: code once, distribute everywhere.. which means (as in the case of Fallout Shelter), a game that probably would not have received a separate development project for consoles specifically is now available on Xbox One; simply because it's apart of the same unified platform..

No matter how you try to spin it, this is a good thing for the Xbox/Win10 game development.. And as UWP slowly but surely becomes the development standard on PC, the benefits are automatic for Xbox gaming (specifically, Xbox Play Anywhere and Windows Store support)..

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I can't wait to see what games will implement UW.... ??? Oh wait, Xbone has NO GAMES. What a worthless feature for a worthless console with no games lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

So much tears over the technology. Its hilarious. First it was "UWP sucks". Now we have a major developer demonstrating the benefits of UWP and the meltdown is in full force. Give me more. Me like.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kvally

@Shewgenja said:

I just checked the calender....I missed it...you are right. Indies don't count this week. I should have posted this next week when indies count. Thank you for putting me in my place.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shewgenja

@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:

I just checked the calender....I missed it...you are right. Indies don't count this week. I should have posted this next week when indies count. Thank you for putting me in my place.

When a platform has both, the goal post doesn't move. Just the scoreboard.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shewgenja

@sts106mat said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:

I just checked my calender, it's almost time for moogenja's weekly MS/xbox thread.

I am on anti-XBox vacation. Waiting to see what Scorpio is about. I'd get one if it has games.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

You still a need a computer well above what you have El Tormented. It must suck to come to a game forum day after day and not have a clue how much fun a lot of these games are other than what you read or youtube. Never talk abode your pay grade El Tormented........hint....games are abode your pay grade

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos

@quadknight said:

I can't wait to see what games will implement UW.... ??? Oh wait, Xbone has NO GAMES. What a worthless feature for a worthless console with no games lol.

Hahahahaa and you see certain lemming who loves crappy low scoring games on xbox,claim it is a great game....

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:

Zinggggggggggggg.....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SecretPolice

@Shewgenja:

I serious then you should know Mighty Scorpio is going to launch right outta the gate with a Mighty library of games a launch console has never seen before...

Current up to the end of this year; X1, 360 and likely OG Xbox games as well, all in One supah duper Stinger package. :P

RDR2 alone will make Mighty Scorpio a must buy. :D

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kvally

@Shewgenja said:
@kvally said:
@Shewgenja said:

Well then DAMN, the Xbox scoreboard looks juicy baby! Zinnnggg!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos

@kingtito said:

You still a need a computer well above what you have El Tormented. It must suck to come to a game forum day after day and not have a clue how much fun a lot of these games are other than what you read or youtube. Never talk abode your pay grade El Tormented........hint....games are abode your pay grade

NO.. IN fact my PC crap on your lovable xbox one,you know the 1.3TF greatness machine that runs games at 480p...hahahahaa And which you have not care about its performance?

Mine is 2.56 TF..

So i'm still ok to run anything MS release on PC.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@SecretPolice: thats what I'm seeing too, Bethesda wants a more unified platform like UWP, and the Switch to have their games scaled to different sizes. What does Sony have? Just a closed console interface that can't move.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kvally

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@SecretPolice: What does Sony have?

A ClosedStation 4 and a 720pStation Pro

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#48 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

They are actually doing some interesting things with UWP.

There's the upcoming Snap feature replacement

http://www.windowscentral.com/universal-windows-platform-compact-overlay-mode-likely-your-xbox-snap-mode-replacement

And there's also a UWP version of Kodi coming to Xbox as well:

http://www.windowscentral.com/kodi-coming-windows-10-and-xbox-one-full-uwp-app

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SecretPolice

@FireEmblem_Man:

They're always brining up the rear when it comes to innovation. Ye ole, leading from behind thingy :P

Thankfully they do catch on at some point and copy the others.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#50 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@tormentos: : <--- games on an i3 potato rig. My surface 4 is better than your shit rig lolol