Xbox Exec On PS4 Competition, Nintendo Switch, And Why Microsoft Hasn't Made A Handheld

• 89 results
kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#51 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@kvally: 6/10 is hardly a hit my friend. Halo Wars 2 is a flop of epic proportion.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@kvally: 6/10 is hardly a hit my friend. Halo Wars 2 is a flop of epic proportion.

Ouch! The lowest scoring Halo game to date. 343 just keeps running the franchise into the ground.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 kvally

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Ouch! The lowest scoring Halo game to date. 343 just keeps running the franchise into the ground.

Better than 6/10 that you posted, lol.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NathanDrakeSwag

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The way it's going it will only take a few more entries before Halo's start scoring in the 60s on MC. So sad to see what 343 has done to what was once a prestige franchise.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

??? Classic MS damage control. Of course he's gonna downplay sales when they are getting rekt by the competition in sales and games. Where was this kind of thinking last gen when 360 was doing well? Phil should STFU and go back to trying to salvage the fail that is the FlopBone. "Greatest lineup in Xbox history" has been nothing but flops and cancelled games.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:

I would down play the race too, if I was getting rekt in sells.

This^^^

I bet if Xbox were up 2:1 Phil would be singing a different tune...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kvally

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The way it's going it will only take a few more entries before Halo's start scoring in the 60s on MC. So sad to see what 343 has done to what was once a prestige franchise.

Indeed. Hard to believe they are doing so poorly that Halo 5 is the second most popular Halo behind Halo 3. Fucking stupid popular Halo 5. How dare they. LOL

How is that Last Guardian doing? Oh yeah, it's not. How is that Gravity Rush 2 doing? Oh yeah, its not. How is that Nioh doing? Oh yeah, it's not. They have dropped from the charts like flies.

REKT

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:

Indeed. Hard to believe they are doing so poorly that Halo 5 is the second most popular Halo behind Halo 3. Fucking stupid popular Halo 5. How dare they. LOL

How is that Last Guardian doing? Oh yeah, it's not. How is that Gravity Rush 2 doing? Oh yeah, its not. How is that Nioh doing? Oh yeah, it's not. They have dropped from the charts like flies.

REKT

That's what happens when lems have no games. They're stuck playing flops. The Quad users have too many GOTY-quality options each month, it's difficult to keep up.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NathanDrakeSwag

@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kvally said:

REKT

Halo 2 and Reach never left the top 5 most played games on XBL until sequels came out. Halo 5 is currently 18th on a console hardly anyone even owns

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

You trying to compare niche games to Microsoft's flagship to justify Halo's massive decline both critically and commercially is sad.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kvally

@dakur: I love that I have so many games to play on my 3 gaming platforms. It's heaven baby!

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Nothing against phil, but seeing someone in as high a position as him typing like he that seems pretty off and weird to me.

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@DJ-Lafleur said:

Nothing against phil, but seeing someone in as high a position as him typing like he that seems pretty off and weird to me.

He doesn't have a high position. He's a leader in a sub division of the Windows and Devices division. Terry Meyerson is the leader of the W&D division.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@kvally said:

lol. Not even a little bit kiddo. Troll away tho.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I kinda wish Nintendo answered questions for fans like Phil does. Would it be worth it to keep xb1 on my radar if I'm not feeling it right now, it could be my secondary (or primary if I decide ps4 will be for exclusives only)....that's not a bad idea.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 kvally

@dalger21: good job son

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

On the subject of competition with the PlayStation 4 (a recent report claimed the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 2:1), Spencer said gaming is "not [a] race between two consoles." Here is the full tweet, which Spencer sent as part of a continuation of his comments about the Xbox brand having its best console generation ever right now with Xbox One:

History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle," said Don Mattrick, the current head of Microsoft's gaming business, in a statement. "We are uniquely positioned to set a new benchmark for the industry."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ms-360-first-to-reach-10-million-in-us/1100-6190955/

Boy how arguments change, when you think that you can win the gen vs when you know that you are getting your ass kick..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tormentos

@loe12k said:
@pdogg93 said:

@loe12k: gears 7/10, halo wars 2 6/10. Triple A exclusives you say... more like desperately low standard lemming.

Gears 4 is 84 on Metacritic only a few points below the score Horizon zero dawn got. Halo 5 is 84 and Fh3 is in low 90s.

Ni oh has 87 and you dismiss it Yakuza 84 and you dismiss it yet you count Halo wars 2 with 80 and Gears with 84 pathetic..Hahaha

Oh did you forgot DQ builders with 83 how about TLG has 82%.

You simply can't be this hypocrite lemming...

Hahahaaha the PS4 is smocking the xbox one..lol

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@SecretPolice said:

On the subject of competition with the PlayStation 4 (a recent report claimed the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 2:1), Spencer said gaming is "not [a] race between two consoles." Here is the full tweet, which Spencer sent as part of a continuation of his comments about the Xbox brand having its best console generation ever right now with Xbox One:

History has shown us that the first company to reach 10 million in console sales wins the generation battle," said Don Mattrick, the current head of Microsoft's gaming business, in a statement. "We are uniquely positioned to set a new benchmark for the industry."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ms-360-first-to-reach-10-million-in-us/1100-6190955/

Boy how arguments change, when you think that you can win the gen vs when you know that you are getting your ass kick..

Phil Spencer is not Don Mattrick.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:
@SecretPolice said:

I was thinking the same thing...lol

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

Microsoft will shout from the rooftops when the xbox brand is selling well but sure they will downplay the race when they are getting beaten.

Having said that i really like Phil. He seems like a genuine good guy who cares about games and the industry.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The Denial is strong with this one.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Netret0120

@daniel_su123 said:
@Netret0120 said:
@loe12k said:
@Netret0120 said:
@loe12k said:

The only exclusive big enough to care about is Horizon and for us xbox one guys its the only AAA PS4 got since Uncharted 4 You guys are talking about games, where the majority of Playstation fans don't even care they exist- Nioh and Yakazu. And then you expect us to care about your shitty exclusive list?

Where are Xbox's AAA exclusives?

Since Sep- October 2016 to Feb 2017 MS released 4 xbox one AAA titles. I bought 3 of them FH3, Gears 4, and Halo Wars 2.

Halo Wars 2 is a flop. Perhaps you're enjoying it but the general consensus is that it is average.

Forza is available on PC. It is not an exclusive. Same with Gears of War 4. I can play them on my PC. I do not require an Xbox to play them.

@kvally I have obligations and other duties to perform outside of Gamespot, so I can't always reply to the messages less than an hour later.

Technically it's a Windows 10 Exclusive and behind UWP.

There are rumors that the Xbox Dashboard is coming to Windows 10, it will most likely only support UWP games? So indirectly there are third party consoles

Would that still be considered a Xbox Exclusive or a not?

No it is not. I can own a PC and still play it. I don't need an Xbox to play it so it is not an exclusive.

@kvally said:
@Netret0120 said:
@loe12k said:
@Netret0120 said:
@loe12k said:

The only exclusive big enough to care about is Horizon and for us xbox one guys its the only AAA PS4 got since Uncharted 4 You guys are talking about games, where the majority of Playstation fans don't even care they exist- Nioh and Yakazu. And then you expect us to care about your shitty exclusive list?

Where are Xbox's AAA exclusives?

Since Sep- October 2016 to Feb 2017 MS released 4 xbox one AAA titles. I bought 3 of them FH3, Gears 4, and Halo Wars 2.

Halo Wars 2 is a flop. Perhaps you're enjoying it but the general consensus is that it is average.

Forza is available on PC. It is not an exclusive. Same with Gears of War 4. I can play them on my PC. I do not require an Xbox to play them.

@kvally I have obligations and other duties to perform outside of Gamespot, so I can't always reply to the messages less than an hour later.

Not sure what you are talking about. I don't know you, I don't care about your duties, and why would I care if you replied a minute from now, an hour from now or 50 years from now? And replied to what? No idea what you are talking about.

BTW, Forza Horizon 3 (not all Forza's...FM 1-6 are not on PC, nor is FH1 and FH2) is on PC (not to mention, the majority of people in the world don't have a PC capable of running Gears 4 nor FH3). Not to mention, console gamers don't care what is on PC. And the consensus is that Halo Wars is a hit 2, and is an 81/100 so you are wrong there as well.

Well, that was easy.

Lol You shot yourself in the foot mate. You made this easy for ME.

I like how you tried changing the narrative to fit your argument.

I can play Forza 3 on my PC. Forza 3 is the latest Forza available thus far. I don't need an Xbox which means it is NOT an exclusive. Your point of people not having PC's capable of running it is irrelevant. They can buy it on PC. They don't need an Xbox to play it.

Console gamers don't care what is on PC? Lol are you sticking to that?

Lastly, Just found out that Halo Wars 2 is also available on PC lol. Can you state Xbox One games that I NEED an Xbox One to play?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Netret0120 said:
Can you state Xbox One games that I NEED an Xbox One to play?

Halo 5: Guardians. Still to date the best FPS MP experience you can have on a console.

Also casual gamers that like sitting on a couch, gaming with a controller won't do that with a PC connected to the TV. Consoles will always sell, just like the Xbox One will keep selling eventhough the games can be played on PC. It has NOTHING to do with it. It's time you cows understand this, because you've been saying the same thing over, and over again for already 8 months. And it has clearly been shown that people don't take any attention to it, hence Xbox winning some months in America, and doing better than last year. You can say one thing, but clearly actual data shows the other.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dakur

@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:

Halo 5: Guardians. Still to date the best FPS MP experience you can have on a console.

Lol nope, that's actually Overwatch. Except on the xbone since it runs like shit so lems have to settle with inferior experiences like Failo 5. The xbone is irrelevant. The only people buying xbones still are clueless people and hardcore lems.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@dakur said:
@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:

Except on the xbone since it runs like shit so lems have to settle with inferior experiences like Failo 5. The xbone is irrelevant. The only people buying xbones still are clueless people and hardcore lems.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kvally

@Netret0120 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The Denial is strong with this one.

Indeed. But NathanDrakeSwag has been known to be in denial since he signed up for GS.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

Yes i know and he like Don Mattrick are just a face being controlled from people with higher pay grade than him.

But again is irrelevant was the point is how now arguments from MS change to suit their performance,and how different they act when they believe they can win.

@kinky-unikorn said:

I was thinking the same thing...lol

Which again is irrelevant the point here is how MS act when they know they have the upper hand,the same people who would not admit a 40% gap in performance,were hyping 150mhz more on a damn Jaguar.

So please save it.

@kvally said:

BTW, Forza Horizon 3 (not all Forza's...FM 1-6 are not on PC, nor is FH1 and FH2) is on PC (not to mention, the majority of people in the world don't have a PC capable of running Gears 4 nor FH3). Not to mention, console gamers don't care what is on PC. And the consensus is that Halo Wars is a hit 2, and is an 81/100 so you are wrong there as well.

More people own a GPU powerful enough to run Forza Horizon 3 than those who own an xbox one.

A 260X runs FH3..lol

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 kvally

@tormentos said:

More people own a GPU powerful enough to run Forza Horizon 3 than those who own an xbox one.

Link to source. Thanks.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@tormentos said:
@SecretPolice said:

Now you went and did it...

lolololol :P

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Netret0120

@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:

Also casual gamers that like sitting on a couch, gaming with a controller won't do that with a PC connected to the TV. Consoles will always sell, just like the Xbox One will keep selling even though the games can be played on PC. It has NOTHING to do with it. It's time you cows understand this, because you've been saying the same thing over, and over again for already 8 months. And it has clearly been shown that people don't take any attention to it, hence Xbox winning some months in America, and doing better than last year. You can say one thing, but clearly actual data shows the other.

Thank you for agreeing with my argument.

I don't need an Xbox to play most Xbox games as long as I have a PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Netret0120 said:

Sure if you like PC gaming. A lot of people don;t

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#82 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

Where are all the Xbox fans that were complaining about the lack of exclusives on the PS4?

Yakuza

Nioh

Horizon

And its only February.

And it ends in a couple of months. No more games from sony until 2018-2019. YOu see they have a peak now with good games that are meant for specific consumers. Those games sell horrible.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#83  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I think it has to do with Japan, Japan is the big driver of dedicated gaming handhelds (that aren't tablets or smartphones), it's because Japanese developers focus on making the signature software for systems that Japanese consumers play on. Without Microsoft having any position in that market pretty much keeps them out of that realm.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Netret0120

@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:

That may be true. However I have a choice. If I want to play Forza, I can choose to play it on my PC or buy an Xbox hence it is not an exclusive.

If I want to play Horizon Zero Dawn. I have no choice but to buy a PS4. That is an exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

@Netret0120 said:
@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:

That may be true. However I have a choice. If I want to play Forza, I can choose to play it on my PC or buy an Xbox hence it is not an exclusive.

If I want to play Horizon Zero Dawn. I have no choice but to buy a PS4. That is an exclusive.

Until Playstation Now for the PC starts to offer Playstation 4 titles...lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@Netret0120 said:
@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:

Oh you think they aren't exclusives, well neither is HZD. Sony already sees them as 2 separate systems, so we should too.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Dakur

@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:
@FastRobby said:
@Netret0120 said:

Oh you think they aren't exclusives, well neither is HZD. Sony already sees them as 2 separate systems, so we should too.

Gosh you're now repeating the morons of kvally ans secret_police? I thought you were trying to be less of a shitposter lol. But anyways, Try playing a PC game on the xbone and see how that goes for you. PS4 and PS4 Pro are 100% compatible because they're different versions of the same platform unlike PC and xbone which are two different platforms. I'm not sure anymore if lems are trolling or they really are this dumb.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@dakur said:

Gosh you're now repeating the morons of kvally ans secret_police? I thought you were trying to be less of a shitposter lol. But anyways, Try playing a PC game on the xbone and see how that goes for you. PS4 and PS4 Pro are 100% compatible because they're different versions of the same platform unlike PC and xbone which are two different platforms. I'm not sure anymore if lems are trolling or they really are this dumb.

Same OS, different hardware. Some games are also not playable on low-end Windows 10 PC's does that make it a different platform? The answer is no.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Dakur

@FastRobby said:
@dakur said:

Same OS, different hardware. Some games are also not playable on low-end Windows 10 PC's does that make it a different platform? The answer is no.

Is not the same OS. That's like saying that Android and Ubuntu are the same OS because they're both based on Linux. Learn the difference. And PC has always been treated different than consoles. If what you claim would apply then the PS1 and PS2 would be the same system but that has never been the case so stop trying to redefine things just because xbone sucks and you get butthurt