x1 china pre-order numbers are in (blackace was right!)

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

Wasn't really expecting the chinese to buy a whole lot of anything really.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#52 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

16k isn't a lot, it's pathetic

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Still it's better than nothing.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

With over 1 billion people in China = 16k is that a joke or a misprint ??

With that many people I would think anything less than 250k would be a failure.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

Not all 1 billion can afford a gaming console.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

lol Damn Right! is 16K closer to PS4 total now lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

@xhawk27 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

lol Damn Right! is 16K closer to PS4 total now lol

only like 5-6 million to go!

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

I am pretty sure MS spent good money on marketing and to only get 16k in a country with so many people is bad. Yes I know not all Chinese play or can afford a console but even so...16k wow. The real question is howmuch did MS lose on this market launch??

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59 onesiphorus  Online
Member since 2014 • 5252 Posts

Due to differences between costs-of-living in China and Western countires, I wonder whether the Xbone One is priced right for the Chinese market.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Coupled with the spectacular Japanese launch, the Xbox One has just put the final nail in PS4's coffin. Yusuf Mehdi must be absolutely gushing right now. No, seriously though I feel bad for MS right now, they can't catch a break lately.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Really you can only expect the top 10% of the Chinese to be able to afford and have any interest in consoles.

Still 16k is pretty bad if true. Anyone got any stats on how many PC gamers there are in China?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

XBox One: It's better than nothing (tm).

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

MS needs more strategy and/or online RPGs games, chinese brains doesnt like simplistic shooters it seems.

Also change the look of the Xbox One for a more modern look.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

More lemming meltdown.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#67  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

I don't know. That would be an interesting question. Is 16k better than nothing? If they made/shipped way too many consoles there and they get them all back and have to ship them out again, 16k could be worse than nothing.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Krelian-co

@xhawk27 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

16k from 1 billion people, oh yeah let's make some dumb excuse!

SeriousGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70 SeriousGaming
Member since 2014 • 91 Posts

16k is what percentage of 1.351 billion?

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Those numbers sound great for a launch console. The additional regions should go a long way for MS. When its all said and done I woudn't be surprised if they get 200k or more after the first month. They just need to focus on game development for the local fanbase.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#73 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@seriousgaming said:

0.01 % .

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Xbone in China: overpriced and region-locked. No wonder no one wants it.

@FastRobby said:
@Evo_nine said:

...what you think sunning will be the only one taking pre orders? Also Im sure there are many others that dont wish to pre order.

Its good going IMO considered how bad japan went for consoles.

These are all the biggest retailers in China? Very good numbers for Microsoft, this two weeks before launch, they might sell 150k the first day. And if these are the correct numbers why are people only talking about the 16k when you've got them all right here...

lmao. That's like half of the PS4s sold in the US in a month.

Sorry, Robert, looks like China's another straw that's about to be taken from you.

@bunchanumbers said:

Those numbers sound great for a launch console. The additional regions should go a long way for MS. When its all said and done I woudn't be surprised if they get 200k or more after the first month. They just need to focus on game development for the local fanbase.

Wouldn't surprise me if those were lifetime numbers.

Back to the news articles with you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

I didn't read all that garbage El Tormo wrote. Not wasting my time. There are no sales figures for the PS3 in 2005 dumb, dumb as the system didn't launch until Nov 2006. Of course Xbox 360 outsold it in 2006 as the PS3 was only on the market for 1-1/2 months. That's a given. The Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 in 2008 and 2011 as well. Learn how to read a simple chart. No, the PS3 isn't more powerful then the XBox 360. Like I said, they are just about equal. Each has their strengths and weaknesses. Uncharted was a great looking game, but so was Gears of War 2 & 3 and Halo 3. Nuff said.

Exactly lemming there aren't because the PS3 wasn't here,so saying the xbxo 360 outsold the PS3 the first to years is a total lie,the PS3 outsold the xbox 360 in 2007 even that for most parts it was up to $300 more expensive.

The Xbox 360 outsold the the worldwide PS4 the first 2 years the PS3 was on the market.

This is what you say before that chart and you even name the PS4 instead of the PS3..hahaha

And is a total lie,for the reasons i gave you in 2005 it wasn't here and on 2006 it only had 1 month,you can try to act like you didn't read my post i know you did reason now you now act like you knew it..hahaha

Oh i saw those 2 years the xbox 360 outsold it i know which months are,and unlike what you claimed it wasn't the first 2 years..lol And in 2008 it barely outsold it..lol 100k while having a unit up to $200 cheaper is a joke.

Halo 3 was one of the worse looking Halo on xbox 360 i dare say the worse looking nice comparison,Gears wasn't to the standard of Uncharted 3 no game on 360 was,the attention to detail in Uncharted was unmatch by any 360 game.

Even Developer like Carmack stated the PS3 had more raw power but it was more difficult to get power out.

By the way the link you gave leave me to a forum not to those numbers you put there..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos

@kingtito said:

And yet MOST multiplats looked AND performed better on the 360. Cry more you moron. End result is all that matters and the 360 had 90% better looking multiplats.

I think you're got serious mental issues El Tormented. You really should take a break from system wars.

Yep and there is a reason for it..

The PS3 was nightmare to develop for,unlike the easy to code to 360,in fact Jonh Carmack actually prefered coding for 360 than for PC that easy the xbox 360 was,it wasn't lack of power it was how hard the unit was to code for the problem.

Yeah and the PS3 had much better looking exclusives,games who won graphics awards by the ton find me a 360 game that won best graphics after Gears 1 on xbox 360...

Most games who won graphics awards were on PS3 exclusives by the way..

But sony wasn't limited by time or resources on their games,compare Halo to Killzone,Killzone totally bitchslapped Halo,so did Uncharted with Gears,and so did God of War with many xbox 360 games,even games like Wipeout 1080p 60FPS Forza wasn't even close to that.

That is funny that bold part is the same thing Strutten was telling me,is incredible how your arguments and his arguments and posting stile are 99% alike,but that is just me i guess..lol

The PS3 was more powerful deal with it,now the PS4 is more powerful than the xbox one as well,the only difference is that sony now has a far more easy console to code for,so yeah enjoy the whole gen of inferior port,since you hype the 360 for having 90% better ones..lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Krelian-co

@Cloud_imperium said:

@seriousgaming said:

0.001 % .

you missed a 0

people getting crazy for dem xbones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#79  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@blackace said:

The systems were pretty close to equal with the PS3 being a lot harder to developer for. The same thing is happening with the XB1 and PS4 this gen, only in reverse.

Except most devs and tech savy experts have already confirmed the PS4 is actually more powerfull then the X1 and there wont be no secret sauce that will change that fact.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

@FastRobby said:
@Vatusus said:

@blackace said:

The systems were pretty close to equal with the PS3 being a lot harder to developer for. The same thing is happening with the XB1 and PS4 this gen, only in reverse.

Except most devs and tech savy experts have already confirmed the PS4 is actually more powerfull then the X1 and there wont be no secret sauce that will change that fact.

Also other developers said that this might not stay like that, because the Xbox One gets more efficient and powerful with every XDK update

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa............

Yeah most late ass tool...

Tomb Raider is a damn DX game and still runs up to 30 FPS slower on xbox one,with lower effects and lower textures in places,Tomb Raider not matter what took more work on PS4 than on xbox one,but performance of the PS4 carry the PS4 ahead even when the game was easier to port to xbox one do to been a DX game.

This was stated also by the crew developer,which had to rewrite the code for PS4 and do more DIY work.

The xbox one will not get more powerful dude,the xbox one benefit from an 8% increase in power do to a reservation been kill,the whole SDK crap was a joke,and Sniper Elite 3 is the biggest example of that,for months SE3 was the poster child of the new SDK,with the developer claiming left and right that they were not worry about performance on the xbox one any more because of the magical update..

What happen again.? Yeah SE3 is up to 30 FPS faster on PS4 again just like Tomb Raider..lol

SDK and tools will also improve on PS4,that doesn't mean they will for ever improve,the xbox one is a 7770 basically the PS4 an OC 7850 DEAL WITH IT.

There is no parity or anything of that sort.

Stating the xbox one some how will make for a 560 Gflops gap by using software is a joke,both console use the same CPU and GPU from the same family put simple there is no way the xbox one can beat the PS4,anything that bring performance up on xbox one will also bring it to the PS4 even more.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Are you comparing the Chinese market with the American market? What's next comparing Kenya with the UK? Really weird you don't see a difference between those, that you can't just compare both sales figures. I know you've got trolls but now you are just looking stupid, as if you got no common sense.

No, I'm saying that they'll sell at launch in China what they sell half of in a normal month in the US. China was supposed to be the saving grace for the Xbone. So far it's erm, uhh...

Titanfall

Price cut

E3

China

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

lul.

Dem china sales yo. blackAce truly is the prophet to end the xbone suffering.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

And so the rise of the Xbox One begun....

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

China has approved the sale of 5 million XBOX ONEs in China. So far it looks like the preorders are nearing 150K.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2467000/china-paving-the-way-for-big-xbox-one-sales.html

Only a small percentage of the China population makes 35K (like 100 to 200 million or so) or more per year so these people will most likely be the ones that can actually purchase the new consoles. Still good market for MS and Sony to get into. Both will probably hit their overall allowed caps if these are truly going to be 10 year consoles in that region.

Is Nintendo entering that region as well?

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

500,000 lifetime sales then? Sheeeeeeeit. There goes the last great white hope.

but but muh other markets!

lol at blackace and the rest of lems thinking other countries give a fuk about xbone

Stupid cow, when Xbone releases in Haiti you'll eat your words. Just Wait!

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 bunchanumbers

@GrenadeLauncher: lifetime? They are doing the subsidized route with TV people. There will be more X1s in chinese homes than you'd think. The real question is if those will count as sales.

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts
@FastRobby said:

@COVAtheNOVA said:

China has approved the sale of 5 million XBOX ONEs in China. So far it looks like the preorders are nearing 150K.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2467000/china-paving-the-way-for-big-xbox-one-sales.html

Only a small percentage of the China population makes 35K (like 100 to 200 million or so) or more per year so these people will most likely be the ones that can actually purchase the new consoles. Still good market for MS and Sony to get into. Both will probably hit their overall allowed caps if these are truly going to be 10 year consoles in that region.

Is Nintendo entering that region as well?

Where do you get the 150k number from?

In this very thread. They were at 105K in mid August and still increasing. They aren't even counting the online preorders too. We are now in September. That number is obviously higher by now, but the good round about number is 150K for the launch based off of what August looked like (there are a few N/As in there as well so even the August numbers are lower than what they should be). Not to mention the people who will just go to buy one with out preordering, but then again I have no idea how many units MS will ship for the launch. I'm guessing double the preorder numbers so around 300K to 400K. Kind of like Japan (about 100K for preorders so MS probably shipped 200K overall).

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Cows once again prove they are the most insecure faction here on SW.

Glad to see The One and Kinect off to a good start in a Greenfield territory.

How is that insecure when in a population center of 1 billion you sell 16K? That's INSANE

They didn't even sell to 1% of the population.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By bunchanumbers

@Animal-Mother: That's like you're expecting 100 million PS4s sold at launch because of the population alone. its unrealistic. Console sales don't work that way. There's also families which will probably have one console. Its not like every man woman and child will all line up for their own console.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

December 2015 gaming news headline from China - "20 million Xbox One clones created, since release" ;)

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Don't be surprised if Xbox One outsells PS4 or Wii U (if it ever gets released there) because of anti-Japanese sentiments over the Senkakus. Xbox One seems to be off to a great start with 100k+ preorders in a country where consoles had been embargoed for a long time. If Xbox One keeps up similar launch momentum then China may displace Japan.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

I didn't read it, you have no credibility, developers have it all. As I said before, not going into a discussion with you ever again. You can think what you want, I'll listen to real sources, not some random internet guy from south america

Look whos talking about credibility..lol

Really to point me to the developers that claim the xbox one will continue to improve for ever and will never hit a wall. That should be entertaining..

Who in fu**ing hell told you i was from south america.? Not that there is anything wrong with been from South America to begin with,but who told you that since i have say 100 times that i am from Puerto Rico,maybe you are so dumb that you don't can even get a map and locate my place of origin,wait aren't you the same guy who was arguing with me about your so call superior internet connection in EU.? And i royally owned your ass over.?

There are some poster here from South America which may find your lack of respect for their place of origin disturbing or in the worse case scenario down right racist.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@Animal-Mother: That's like you're expecting 100 million PS4s sold at launch because of the population alone. its unrealistic. Console sales don't work that way. There's also families which will probably have one console. Its not like every man woman and child will all line up for their own console.

You're absolutely right. But in a market that big you'd at least expect something a bit bigger

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 bunchanumbers

@Animal-Mother: The market has just opened. Its not like its been widely available from the start. PS4 won't be a big seller yet either. The market needs to grow on its own before its actually decided what the console market in china really is. Its been traditionally a PC market. It might be like Japan and stay focused on something besides consoles.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#100 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

16,000 units is kind of impressive. It's China. The xbox is expensive there, and it's an American product. I expected little to no sales. 16k orders is good for one retailer.