wow, its true what they say: "graphics are a gimmick"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
Ive had a TON of fun playing gears with my friends, but it must just be you.
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 sexy_luigi
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.coolguy1111
Actually that's not a problem, in fact they've already put the Wiimote to use to control games on the PC, with very nice results, but that's the thing, movement is mcuh more natural than pressing buttons, that's why the Wiimote is an improvement

No its not. More natural makes it better? I would bet lots of money I could beat you in any fps if i used kb/m and you used wiimote.

normal people dont care about competion, they care about fun- something you should tru ;) 

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.coolguy1111
Actually that's not a problem, in fact they've already put the Wiimote to use to control games on the PC, with very nice results, but that's the thing, movement is mcuh more natural than pressing buttons, that's why the Wiimote is an improvement

No its not. More natural makes it better? I would bet lots of money I could beat you in any fps if i used kb/m and you used wiimote.

That's not the issue though, would Keyboard and mouse be something that anyone could pick up and start using with ease? Probably not, that's why its an improvement, because anyone can be comfortable with it.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
Theres more to play than just gears ya'know
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#155 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.AvinashTyagi

That's not the issue though, would Keyboard and mouse be something that anyone could pick up and start using with ease? Probably not, that's why its an improvement, because anyone can be comfortable with it.

I dont give a dam, KB/M is a better control scheme, if you cna use, so its better. What would you consider a faster car, some F1 car, or some honda rice burner? I doubt the average joe could drive a F1 car, but anyone can drive a honda, is the honda better?
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 coolguy1111

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.sexy_luigi

normal people dont care about competion, they care about fun- something you should tru ;)

I find it fun owing noobs like you.
El_Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 El_Fanboy
Member since 2002 • 5789 Posts
So your saying, right now, Wii has a better library then 360???
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
Nintendo has admitted this system is not in the same league as an XBOX 360 or PS3 why can't you dense sheep do the same? The system was made for people who don't play videogames what does that tell you? I think it is rather clear in reading this board that most serious gamers grow tired of the Wii very quickly. I had a great time with Wii bowling I had a mediocre time with the rest of the Wii's library. The only thing sadder than the Wii's lineup is somebody who has this system as their only console...
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 sexy_luigi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.coolguy1111

and thats the problem:D Its a good thing that nintendo isnt targetting people like you. games are about having fun, you make them too serious and it doesnt make it fun for everyone else, the wii is a system yoiu can play with any of your friends and have a great time, while the pc you can sit there like a dork playing counterstrike owning noobs-i'm glad nintendo decided yo take the high road this gen 8) 

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.coolguy1111

I dont give a dam, KB/M is a better control scheme, if you cna use, so its better. What would you consider a faster car, some F1 car, or some honda rice burner? I doubt the average joe could drive a F1 car, but anyone can drive a honda, is the honda better?

So what if the F1 race car is faster, its not as accessible, the Wii is more accessible
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#161 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
I enjoy enhancements in physics and AI.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 AvinashTyagi
Nintendo has admitted this system is not in the same league as an XBOX 360 or PS3 why can't you dense sheep do the same? The system was made for people who don't play videogames what does that tell you? I think it is rather clear in reading this board that most serious gamers grow tired of the Wii very quickly. I had a great time with Wii bowling I had a mediocre time with the rest of the Wii's library. The only thing sadder than the Wii's lineup is somebody who has this system as their only console...Khansoul
Many Nongamers and casuals have it as their only console and are perfectly happy, and the Wii is a new system so its library is still weak, but its growing and will likely end the gen with the largest library
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.sexy_luigi

and thats the problem:D Its a good thing that nintendo isnt targetting people like you. games are about having fun, you make them too serious and it doesnt make it fun for everyone else, the wii is a system yoiu can play with any of your friends and have a great time, while the pc you can sit there like a dork playing counterstrike owning noobs-i'm glad nintendo decided yo take the high road this gen 8)

Too bad CSS is more team focused, i play more css with friends then you do the wii, and whos the dork, the one swinging their wii around playing Warioware, or me spanking some noobs in css.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
Better graphics can lead to more immersive atmospheres which DO enhance the enjoyment on environment heavy games.
JetLag123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#165 JetLag123
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts
I wouldnt go as far as to call them a gimmick, they compliment a game very well
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.coolguy1111

Too bad CSS is more team focused, i play more css with friends then you do the wii, and whos the dork, the one swinging their wii around playing Warioware, or me spanking some noobs in css.

You really, sorry but to the real world you're a nerd and a dork with no real life, most people look at hardcore gamers with disdain
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 sexy_luigi

I wouldnt go as far as to call them a gimmick, they compliment a game very wellJetLag123

gimmicks are things that get old fast, and thats exactly what graphics are. You're wowed in the begining but then you dont care once you're in the game-thats why graphics are a gimmick 

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 sexy_luigi
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.AvinashTyagi

You really, sorry but to the real world you're a nerd and a dork with no real life, most people look at hardcore gamers with disdain

well he likes spanking noobs on the internet, so hes beyond a nerd :? 

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

[QUOTE="Khansoul"]Nintendo has admitted this system is not in the same league as an XBOX 360 or PS3 why can't you dense sheep do the same? The system was made for people who don't play videogames what does that tell you? I think it is rather clear in reading this board that most serious gamers grow tired of the Wii very quickly. I had a great time with Wii bowling I had a mediocre time with the rest of the Wii's library. The only thing sadder than the Wii's lineup is somebody who has this system as their only console...AvinashTyagi
Many Nongamers and casuals have it as their only console and are perfectly happy, and the Wii is a new system so its library is still weak, but its growing and will likely end the gen with the largest library

Thank you for helping my point! Now Sheep can you please stop dilluting yourselves into believing the Wii is even in the next gen race?

The Gamecube was in the last gen race but now it is a Gamecube with a TV remote against two vastly superior machines. I understand the Wii is supposed to be 2x as powerful but Nintendo must be keeping that power a secret for now. 

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 AvinashTyagi

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Khansoul"]Nintendo has admitted this system is not in the same league as an XBOX 360 or PS3 why can't you dense sheep do the same? The system was made for people who don't play videogames what does that tell you? I think it is rather clear in reading this board that most serious gamers grow tired of the Wii very quickly. I had a great time with Wii bowling I had a mediocre time with the rest of the Wii's library. The only thing sadder than the Wii's lineup is somebody who has this system as their only console...Khansoul

Thank you for helping my point! Now Sheep can you please stop dilluting yourselves into believing the Wii is even in the next gen race?

The Gamecube was in the last gen race but now it is a Gamecube with a TV remote against two vastly superior machines. I understand the Wii is supposed to be 2x as powerful but Nintendo must be keeping that power a secret for now. 

Superior only in processing power, inferior in appeal, the Wii is going to win this gen because it brings in people, 360 and PS3 tend drive people away
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts

[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Khansoul"]Nintendo has admitted this system is not in the same league as an XBOX 360 or PS3 why can't you dense sheep do the same? The system was made for people who don't play videogames what does that tell you? I think it is rather clear in reading this board that most serious gamers grow tired of the Wii very quickly. I had a great time with Wii bowling I had a mediocre time with the rest of the Wii's library. The only thing sadder than the Wii's lineup is somebody who has this system as their only console...Khansoul

Wii isn't next gen, it's new gen..^_^.. We already know that... And the other machines only surperior in power. Quality of games, that something very disputable .
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

I could careless, but how is playing the most popular shooter geeky or nerdy?
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

Because to most people its not something they care about, most people have no interest in shooters on the PC or any console
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

well he likes spanking noobs on the internet, so hes beyond a nerd :?

Your the one waving a **** around.. just saying.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

Because to most people its not something they care about, most people have no interest in shooters on the PC or any console

Most people dont care if you play video games, once theyve grown up.
sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#176 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

[QUOTE="JetLag123"]I wouldnt go as far as to call them a gimmick, they compliment a game very wellsexy_luigi

gimmicks are things that get old fast, and thats exactly what graphics are. You're wowed in the begining but then you dont care once you're in the game-thats why graphics are a gimmick

If graphics are unimportant, then why does the Wii have them at all? Such a shallow gimmick shouldn't even exist. After all, we stop caring about them at all after we 'get into' the game, right?

Why does the Wii have any graphical advancement at all over the Gamecube? Why not have it be like the Gamecube? Or if graphics are so unimportant, why not revert to 2D, to make it more accessible to others? Why don't we just play text adventures, which have no graphics, dispensing of that 'gimmick' altogether?

If you're going to say that graphics don't matter at all, you'd better be prepared to defend the argument to its extreme.  

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#177 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts

The Wii can have some really nice looking games as long as they try to make it look good artistically, and not technically. Like, Sonic and the Secret Rings looked better than anything last gen.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

Most people dont care if you play video games, once theyve grown up.

No they don't care if you play them, but they still look at gamers as nerds and people with no lives (doesn't help that WoW has helped to reinforce the image)
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 sexy_luigi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="JetLag123"]I wouldnt go as far as to call them a gimmick, they compliment a game very wellsonicmj1

If graphics are unimportant, then why does the Wii have them at all? Such a shallow gimmick shouldn't even exist. After all, we stop caring about them at all after we 'get into' the game, right?

Why does the Wii have any graphical advancement at all over the Gamecube? Why not have it be like the Gamecube? Or if graphics are so unimportant, why not revert to 2D, to make it more accessible to others? Why don't we just play text adventures, which have no graphics, dispensing of that 'gimmick' altogether?

If you're going to say that graphics don't matter at all, you'd better be prepared to defend the argument to its extreme.

you can take any argument to its extreme but it still doesnt take away from the main point. We've reached a level, where little improvements in graphics are worthless. Sure its nice to see some extra bump mapping here and there, but all the bells and whistles that come with next gen are a gimmick. you look at the graphics, you say okay nice, and then you play the game and completely forget about how awesome the game initially looked. thats whats a gimmick for me. :) 

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts
I didn't buy my 360 for just its graphics. I actually find the games fun..... guess I'm just weird like that.
bob_nope_none

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 bob_nope_none
Member since 2005 • 2105 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicmj1"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

you can take any argument to its extreme but it still doesnt take away from the main point. We've reached a level, where little improvements in graphics are worthless. Sure its nice to see some extra bump mapping here and there, but all the bells and whistles that come with next gen are a gimmick. you look at the graphics, you say okay nice, and then you play the game and completely forget about how awesome the game initially looked. thats whats a gimmick for me. :)

sexy_luigi

Ok so let me understand this, your saying that better hardware is not needed because we are at this amazing level where it isnt needed and that we only need new kinds of tech like the wii remote? If so here is why you are wrong.

1. Crysis - advanced tech not only allows realistic graphics but for the first time(as far as i know) an environment so immersive that the wood splinters like it should and that foliage bends when you walk past it.

2. People say that we are at the graphical peak every generation

3. Imagine if the wii came out back when n64 and Ps1 came out and it dominated do you really think we would have the kind of graphics we now have for consoles?

4. There is no excuse to have bad graphics anymore. my 4 year old PC plays HL2 and that has better graphics than anything ive ever seen on wii so far.

5. IDK about you but unless im in the very heat of the battle I still notice: muddy textures, crappy physics, horrid explosions, and people who dont look realistic at all and the truth is that im not the only one.

oh and your point about "graphics nerds" way back shows a real lack of maturity and basically makes you lose all credibility

bob_nope_none

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 bob_nope_none
Member since 2005 • 2105 Posts
I didn't buy my 360 for just its graphics. I actually find the games fun..... guess I'm just weird like that.Private_Vegas
I guess :roll:
rocksteadykev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 rocksteadykev
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48

well being that he said gears was BORING him i'd say playing on a HDTV is irrelevant.

if he says it sucks to him than a different TV won't change it, a different game will.

eragonisbad45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 eragonisbad45
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

hey everyone, sexy luigi here, and boy do I have a story for you 8)

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3. 

sexy_luigi
It's all Gimmicks, Gameplay for the Wii also, stop being a fanboy
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

[QUOTE="JetLag123"]I wouldnt go as far as to call them a gimmick, they compliment a game very wellsexy_luigi

But games like Crysis and Mass Effect depend on graphics to influence gameplay.  Facial reactions play an important role in how you interact with people, crowds, ambience, AI all depend on sufficient hardware.  Crysis' level of physical deformationa nd destruction makes it unlike any shooter out there, I don't know about you, but I can't destroy an entire house in FEAR if the guys inside it are pissing me off, but I will in Crysis.  I can't track someone through brush that's realistically swaying from their recent passing in Far Cry, but I will in Crysis, I can't make a roadblock that forces the AI enemies to get out of their vehicle and try to clear in Far Cry etc. 

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#186 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

hey everyone, sexy luigi here, and boy do I have a story for you 8)

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3.

sexy_luigi

your 100% correct but thats because you guys decided to play multiplayer. Wii can be fun with people around you but playing wii sports alone is boring. gears atleast has the online mode for when no ones over but you are 100% correct with 2 people in the same house playing a system the Wii would be more fun in that area.

it's true that Graphics games do get old if it's about the GFX. i don't care if it's 2d or 3d as long as the GFX are well made colorfull. most average gamers can't even tell whats new with the GFX on there ps3 and 360 they just know it's better looking. Some can't even tell a differance from ps2 and ps3 just because there so many layers of depth that the improvments are minimal if you don't know what your looking at. My friend who's played many xbox, GC and PS2 games saw Half  life 2 on my PC(wich can run on high setting and looks amazing) and he didn't think it looked much differant than his games. his games run at low res and look like crap o me cause i know and been playing Half Life 2 and better GFX games for years. but people who just play consoles probally look at 360 and ps3 and be like that doesn't look much better. Example is Halo 2 and up and coming Halo 3 so an average user those games gonnna have little to know upgrade from what they can see.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#187 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
The best graphics in the world can't save Superman N64, unless maybe its on the 360
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 peacebringer
The best graphics in the world can't save Superman N64, unless maybe its on the 360flazzle
Your right and Superman for 360 prooves that fact.(it sucks on 360 almost as bad as N64)
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 flazzle
[QUOTE="flazzle"]The best graphics in the world can't save Superman N64, unless maybe its on the 360peacebringer
Your right and Superman for 360 prooves that fact.(it sucks on 360 almost as bad as N64)

bu..bu..but THE BETTER GRAPHICS....
Archx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Archx1
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.sexy_luigi

oh he had an hd tv, but it just goes to show that graphics are really a gimmick, fun is all that matters ;) 

No it goes to show you we have been playing games with better graphicsfor over 20 years.  If anything is a gimmic its Nintendos crap hardware that doesnt produce anything that looks better then a Gamecube.

Archx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Archx1
Member since 2007 • 172 Posts

[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="flazzle"]The best graphics in the world can't save Superman N64, unless maybe its on the 360flazzle

Superman 360 still has visuals far superior to anything ive seen on the Wii.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 peacebringer
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="sonicmj1"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

bob_nope_none

Ok so let me understand this, your saying that better hardware is not needed because we are at this amazing level where it isnt needed and that we only need new kinds of tech like the wii remote? If so here is why you are wrong.

1. Crysis - advanced tech not only allows realistic graphics but for the first time(as far as i know) an environment so immersive that the wood splinters like it should and that foliage bends when you walk past it.

2. People say that we are at the graphical peak every generation

3. Imagine if the wii came out back when n64 and Ps1 came out and it dominated do you really think we would have the kind of graphics we now have for consoles?

4. There is no excuse to have bad graphics anymore. my 4 year old PC plays HL2 and that has better graphics than anything ive ever seen on wii so far.

5. IDK about you but unless im in the very heat of the battle I still notice: muddy textures, crappy physics, horrid explosions, and people who dont look realistic at all and the truth is that im not the only one.

oh and your point about "graphics nerds" way back shows a real lack of maturity and basically makes you lose all credibility

Half Life 2 can run on the Wii if they made if for it. heck The makers of the Unreal Engine 3 said it can be put on Wii. the Wii isn't weak just cause you havn't seen games that look good. the developers are making games not based on look wich means there not making them look good on purpose do to time constraints. Xbox 360 games don't just look good the developer has to make an engine and try to sequeze as much power as he can out of it. Development for any system does not come with it's own texture pre made that look awsome the developer has to do it. you can even put half Life on DS if you took enough time and made the textures basic low visibility etc etc. but no ones gonna do it cause it takes to much time. Ugly exlopsions? i don't think i have seen an ugly explosions since last gen. xbox,ps2,gamecube are all still good looking games. 10 years from now your not gonna b like OMG thats so ugly. people don't do tat with SNES games and there not gonna do it with other games. Only time i notice textures in the game is when i'm not playing it and i your not playing it then whats the point? Truth is since Ps2 everygame looks good nice explosions alot of polygons and far visibilty. Do you wanna see the guys pores? i can care less about seeing Solid Snakes Blackheads. can the developers just add more weapons,Modes and Levels and make the game longer than 4 hr's i rather have that than to see Solid Snakes pimples.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 flazzle

[QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="flazzle"]The best graphics in the world can't save Superman N64, unless maybe its on the 360Archx1

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM! (thats the sound of the point missing you)
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 peacebringer

[QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="flazzle"]The best graphics in the world can't save Superman N64, unless maybe its on the 360Archx1

but i'm not gonna play iit so who cares?
latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 latinodemon
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts
[QUOTE="latinodemon"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"]your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."AvinashTyagi

exactly, most of the people who rag on the wiis graphics are nothing more than graphics nerds. But its okay, nintendo isnt appealing to them, its appealing to the normal people who just want to have fun with their games, and in truth fun >>>> graphics which is why wii sports >>>>gears, why else would NY times give it game of the year ? 

Maybe because they Know **** about good games!

Exactly, most people aren't hardcore gamers, Wii brings them in, and that's what makes it better

So because it sells better than the other systems that means it's a better console?

latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 latinodemon

I've got a story too it goes something like this... One day the Wii came out and it only had one game worth playing and it was a delayed port of a gamecube game with tacked on gimmicky controls. The End. Moral of the Story? Wii sucks.pooonu

LOL

mtcoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 mtcoola
Member since 2005 • 1282 Posts
God you're embarresing us sheep.......
latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 latinodemon

Nintendo has admitted this system is not in the same league as an XBOX 360 or PS3 why can't you dense sheep do the same? The system was made for people who don't play videogames what does that tell you? I think it is rather clear in reading this board that most serious gamers grow tired of the Wii very quickly. I had a great time with Wii bowling I had a mediocre time with the rest of the Wii's library. The only thing sadder than the Wii's lineup is somebody who has this system as their only console...Khansoul

So true

latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 latinodemon

You Know whats funny,that if the wii had graphics as good as the ps3/x360 than this topic would have never been made.

Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="sonicmj1"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="JetLag123"]I wouldnt go as far as to call them a gimmick, they compliment a game very welllatinodemon

You Know whats funny,that if the wii had graphics as good as the ps3/x360 than this topic would have never been made.

so true, becasue the wii is so weak this gen, the sheep revert to this stage where: graphics sucx, gameplay is all that matter. alright so if i can have fun, fabulous graphics, and great gameplay all packed into one(gears), would you rather play a  black and white 2d stick figure game with just fun gameplay, and then your going to say " graphics dont matter only gameplay".  yomg!!11 teh gameplayyz in stick figuresszz is teh asommers!! i have beenz owd by teh sheepies! oh noes!