wow, its true what they say: "graphics are a gimmick"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
The real problem with live is the racist's and the wanna be gangsta's that i'm sure would not dare to talk **** in real life like they do on live.MasterC5
Yeah, but then again, that's why you give them bad rep :)
You really don't get it.. "Flicking your wrist" or slightly moving your arm is still much better than pressing A. Whether you're pointing a gun, attacking with a sword or simply throwing a ball. Playing with the Wii-mote feels like nothing else. Nex_Ownage
I understand where you're coming from, as I've been pretty amazed at what the Wiimote can do after playing WarioWare, but really, you can't say everything else is inovative and amazing. I play twighlight princess slouched into a chair and flicking my wrist to attack. Red Steel is fun....sort of......until you reach those god awful sword fighting sequences. The Wii would be so much better if there was actually better use of the Wiimote. I know there will definately be better use later on, but so far I'm hardly amazed overall.
Arch_Angel_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 Arch_Angel_21
Member since 2006 • 1493 Posts

[QUOTE="Gears360"]weird to me the fun in wii sports lasted like 1 hour and i had 10x more fun chainsawing people on GeOW, simple much cooler, better enemies, overall a much more fun experience always remember X360 offers gameplay and excelent graphics Wii?.......just gameplaysexy_luigi

see thats the problem: to graphic nerds like you, the wii isnt appealing, but for the normal people who just want to have fun, the wii is the best system ever...but alas, you wont understand, and NY times > you just like wii sports >>>gears of war ;)

So far the games released do not appeal to me whatsoever and the whole Wiimote thing I will need to get used to. Until a sufficiant amount of titles are released that actually look like they are worth playing and aren't really kiddy then I would consider it.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
My little cousin says the Wii is a gimmick, and he's a much more credible source than your cousin. :roll:
AcidTWister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 AcidTWister
Member since 2002 • 22981 Posts
Much funner you say? I MUST believe someone with THAT level of intelligence.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Much funner you say? I MUST believe someone with THAT level of intelligence.AcidTWister
That is exactly what I was thinking when I first read his post
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

My wife has a Wii and loves it and some of the games are pretty good but to me it's the Wii that feels like a gimick. I actually LIKE the static controller. When I'm chillin with a "drink" and playing Gears or GRAW2, I dont want to have to wave my arms all over the place... I wanna just sit back and chill... Especially when it comes to playing future RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odeysey, Eternal Senota and FFXIII - yea, that's right, I said it :-)

Nex_Ownage

You don't have to wave your arms all over the place, in most Wii games, a simple wrist flick will do..

Then whats the point? How does that add immersion? Tell me? replacing pressing a with a flick of the wrist is innovation? Sorry, no. Games that are going to be worth a dam on the wii are games like Warioware, Rayman, and im interested to see what they can do with Mario Party. Those games are fun in groups, get old in 10 hours, and your waving around like an idiot.

See, you will never understand the wii. The wii is about pure fun, whether with friends (wii sports) or alone (sonic zelda). the wiiappeals to normal people, not those who have spent 200 + on a computer. this is why, for the commone person, the wii is much better than the other systems ;)

Fine play your "common pople" games that get old in a hour, ill stick to the real games that make the true innovations,

You mean like adding a chainsaw to a gun? :roll:

Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.

You really don't get it.. "Flicking your wrist" or slightly moving your arm is still much better than pressing A. Whether you're pointing a gun, attacking with a sword or simply throwing a ball. Playing with the Wii-mote feels like nothing else.

it feels like those arcade games.  Motion sensing isnt new

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"]

Use parapgraphs or something, not gonna read all that.

Anyway asuming your saying PS3 and 360 are just about graphics your dead wrong. Next gen systems are about Physics, AI, Animations, and ect. If you have played HL2 you will know what Physics, AI and Animation can do for gameplay and with Next Gen systems they have the power to take that to a whole new level with new engines like Euphoria that have realistic breakable objects and life like animation with living AI.

coreygames

All those things are what the programmers have to put together and what engine they use. Look at elebits, it has great physics, because the dev.s tried to give it that. You can do almost anything on the Wii that you can do on the PS3 and 360 in that aspect aside from Dead Rising type games with 400 moving zombies on the screen interacting with each other. Wii could probably only do 200 or less.

Im not just talking about one or two things at once, Im talking about bringing them all together into one game WITH good graphics.  Wii may be able to have the standard physics or the standard people on the screen but the system cannot handle advanced physics with the ammount of stuff going on at once like the 360 and PS3 can.  Im not saying the wii is a bad system, I got one myself and enjoy the games on it.  What I am saying is that the PS3 and 360 are capable of much more than the Wii is in terms of Animation, Physics, AI, particles, sound, everything techniqle that makes a solid emersive game.

If you look at HL 1 and then HL2 you can see that the tech had not only just improved in graphics.  The game had the same point and aim in FP and shoot type gameplay yet the physics, AI, animations, graphics All together made for a great new experience that wasnt ever capable on when HL 1 came out.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.coolguy1111
Wait, how many of those are generic FPS or RTS's anyway. Aside from that, the Wii will be getting the usually stated 3 (MP3, MG, SSBB), Pokemon (yeah, I went there), and so many new IP games that is is just plain O_o!

Don't even use generic on my precious RTSs.. If you have played the, a good number of them are unique unlike alot of FPSs. From Starcraft to Warcraft 3 to Dawn of War, each play a bit different than the other.

A little but most are about building as fast as possible to rush

Not Sup Com, CoH, and EE3, they are infact, the total opposite.

Note that I said most not all, yes i've played other RTS games where they put in things to prevent rushes, it still doesn't change the feel of the RTS, the games still feel like mostly the same thing, building up the tech trees, building bases, resources etc. etc., I mean supreme commander is nice because its huge but its still an RTS
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
[QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

My wife has a Wii and loves it and some of the games are pretty good but to me it's the Wii that feels like a gimick. I actually LIKE the static controller. When I'm chillin with a "drink" and playing Gears or GRAW2, I dont want to have to wave my arms all over the place... I wanna just sit back and chill... Especially when it comes to playing future RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odeysey, Eternal Senota and FFXIII - yea, that's right, I said it :-)

-Sora

You don't have to wave your arms all over the place, in most Wii games, a simple wrist flick will do..

Then whats the point? How does that add immersion? Tell me? replacing pressing a with a flick of the wrist is innovation? Sorry, no. Games that are going to be worth a dam on the wii are games like Warioware, Rayman, and im interested to see what they can do with Mario Party. Those games are fun in groups, get old in 10 hours, and your waving around like an idiot.

See, you will never understand the wii. The wii is about pure fun, whether with friends (wii sports) or alone (sonic zelda). the wiiappeals to normal people, not those who have spent 200 + on a computer. this is why, for the commone person, the wii is much better than the other systems ;)

Fine play your "common pople" games that get old in a hour, ill stick to the real games that make the true innovations,

Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.

You really don't get it.. "Flicking your wrist" or slightly moving your arm is still much better than pressing A. Whether you're pointing a gun, attacking with a sword or simply throwing a ball. Playing with the Wii-mote feels like nothing else.

it feels like those arcade games. Motion sensing isnt new

I dont no but flicking my wrist to throw a ball doesnt give me that fell any more then pressing A does.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.AvinashTyagi
Wait, how many of those are generic FPS or RTS's anyway. Aside from that, the Wii will be getting the usually stated 3 (MP3, MG, SSBB), Pokemon (yeah, I went there), and so many new IP games that is is just plain O_o!

Don't even use generic on my precious RTSs.. If you have played the, a good number of them are unique unlike alot of FPSs. From Starcraft to Warcraft 3 to Dawn of War, each play a bit different than the other.

Note that I said most not all, yes i've played other RTS games where they put in things to prevent rushes, it still doesn't change the feel of the RTS, the games still feel like mostly the same thing, building up the tech trees, building bases, resources etc. etc., I mean supreme commander is nice because its huge but its still an RTS

Again, these games are totally different. And then according to you innovation doesnt exist.
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
[QUOTE="MasterC5"] The real problem with live is the racist's and the wanna be gangsta's that i'm sure would not dare to talk **** in real life like they do on live.MegaPigeon
You really don't get it.. "Flicking your wrist" or slightly moving your arm is still much better than pressing A. Whether you're pointing a gun, attacking with a sword or simply throwing a ball. Playing with the Wii-mote feels like nothing else. Nex_Ownage
I understand where you're coming from, as I've been pretty amazed at what the Wiimote can do after playing WarioWare, but really, you can't say everything else is inovative and amazing. I play twighlight princess slouched into a chair and flicking my wrist to attack. Red Steel is fun....sort of......until you reach those god awful sword fighting sequences. The Wii would be so much better if there was actually better use of the Wiimote. I know there will definately be better use later on, but so far I'm hardly amazed overall.

Same here, but try playing TP om GC after beating the Wii version. The Wii mote controls feel much better. And yeah I agree, besides Wario ware and few other games, there hasn't been a game that truly showed what the Wii mote can do, But still, the system has barely made it through first gen games and IMO, the future is very promising
Metilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Metilco
Member since 2006 • 579 Posts
I can't really dissagree with what you said, but I can say this has never happened to me and probably never will. We were playing Wii Sports on my 61 inch HDTV and that was fun untill...the first 10 minutes. Then we went back to having fun shooting each other in glorious HD. Most people I know who don't like gears either suck at it or are fanboys. Most. If you're not having fun with the 360 you're either too young or not playing it right.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="MasterC5"] The real problem with live is the racist's and the wanna be gangsta's that i'm sure would not dare to talk **** in real life like they do on live.Nex_Ownage

Same here, but try playing TP om GC after beating the Wii version. The Wii mote controls feel much better. And yeah I agree, besides Wario ware and few other games, there hasn't been a game that truly showed what the Wii mote can do, But still, the system has barely made it through first gen games and IMO, the future is very promising

Replace "wii" with "ps3" and you can say the same thing. Yet why do people hate the ps3?
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Nex_Ownage
[QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

-Sora

Those games don't have allow you to freely move your character, games like Zelda and COD 3 do...
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#115 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16041 Posts

Gears of War has graphics + awesome gameplay. Gears wins.

And to say that Wii sports is better? wow...fanboy of the century.

Avatar image for Disturbed_One98
Disturbed_One98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Disturbed_One98
Member since 2006 • 1171 Posts

hey everyone, sexy luigi here, and boy do I have a story for you 8)

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3.

sexy_luigi

I think this thread is a bunch of crap, medium is considered hardcore on Gears of War. Come back when you've actually played it. 

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

Nex_Ownage

Those games don't have allow you to freely move your character, games like Zelda and COD 3 do...

I really didnt get much out of playing Zelda with the wiimote, i ended up sitting on my couch flicking my wrists and figuring out how to the the sheild bash correctly.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 coolguy1111
g a gun, attacking with a sword or simply throwing a ball. Playing with the Wii-mote feels like nothing else. Nex_Ownage

According to that other guy, that doesnt matter.
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Nex_Ownage
[QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="MasterC5"] The real problem with live is the racist's and the wanna be gangsta's that i'm sure would not dare to talk **** in real life like they do on live.coolguy1111

Replace "wii" with "ps3" and you can say the same thing. Yet why do people hate the ps3?

IMO, because of a combination of poor sales, consistency of negative news, and poor quality of available games.
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Nex_Ownage

[QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="-Sora"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

-Sora

I really didnt get much out of playing Zelda with the wiimote, i ended up sitting on my couch flicking my wrists and figuring out how to the the sheild bash correctly.

Too bad. Most reviewers ( even good ol' jeff) agreed that the Wii controls were better.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.coolguy1111

Again, these games are totally different. And then according to you innovation doesnt exist.

No they still have the same features, Supreme commander for example still has building bases, climbing tech trees, resources, etc. just on a huge scale. No there is innovation, but they have to think out of the mold, and the porblem is when one game does it, a bunch of other games follow suit so its only innovative the first time
latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 latinodemon
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts
[QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.sexy_luigi

oh he had an hd tv, but it just goes to show that graphics are really a gimmick, fun is all that matters ;)

Yeah Wii Sports keeps surprising me every time I play it. So many features I didnt knew about.

totally, its a much deeper game than gears of war 

WTF! so a game that has you swinging your arms around like an idiot is more deep than GEOW?! my goodness sheep are stupid!

latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 latinodemon
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48

oh he had an hd tv, but it just goes to show that graphics are really a gimmick, fun is all that matters ;)

Yeah Wii Sports keeps surprising me every time I play it. So many features I didnt knew about.

wow you sheep are crazy, this is exactly why people call you kiddy, becasue you cant even admire a real game over a demo game like wii sports lmao:lol:. just becasue you cant afford the system doesnt mean you have to bash it wittle youngster :lol:

LOL I agree!

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

That part you are correct about. We just have a different opinion on what is fun.
latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 latinodemon

your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."samusarmada

It is casual trash and it is a gimmick!

sonicmj1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#126 sonicmj1
Member since 2003 • 9130 Posts

I might have believed you if it wasn't clear that you hadn't played Gears of War.

There is no 'medium' difficulty level. Hardcore is open from the start, and doesn't need to be unlocked.

As a result, everything else you said after that point was probably made up, and the thread is irrelevant.  

latinodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 latinodemon

[QUOTE="samusarmada"]your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."sexy_luigi

exactly, most of the people who rag on the wiis graphics are nothing more than graphics nerds. But its okay, nintendo isnt appealing to them, its appealing to the normal people who just want to have fun with their games, and in truth fun >>>> graphics which is why wii sports >>>>gears, why else would NY times give it game of the year ? 

Maybe because they Know **** about good games!

Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

I might have believed you if it wasn't clear that you hadn't played Gears of War.

There is no 'medium' difficulty level. Hardcore is open from the start, and doesn't need to be unlocked.

As a result, everything else you said after that point was probably made up, and the thread is irrelevant.  

sonicmj1

Wow I'm surprised I didn't catch that.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="Goldensun48"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.latinodemon

wow you sheep are crazy, this is exactly why people call you kiddy, becasue you cant even admire a real game over a demo game like wii sports lmao:lol:. just becasue you cant afford the system doesnt mean you have to bash it wittle youngster :lol:

LOL I agree!

Not a chance, I could afford all three systems, if I wanted, but why, its jsut a waste, especially when two bring nothing new to the table, the Wii on the other hand brings new experiences which are more enjoyable
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="samusarmada"]your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."latinodemon

exactly, most of the people who rag on the wiis graphics are nothing more than graphics nerds. But its okay, nintendo isnt appealing to them, its appealing to the normal people who just want to have fun with their games, and in truth fun >>>> graphics which is why wii sports >>>>gears, why else would NY times give it game of the year ? 

Maybe because they Know **** about good games!

Exactly, most people aren't hardcore gamers, Wii brings them in, and that's what makes it better
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#131 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts

weird to me the fun in wii sports lasted like 1 hour and i had 10x more fun chainsawing people on GeOW, simple much cooler, better enemies, overall a much more fun experience always remember X360 offers gameplay and excelent graphics Wii?.......just gameplayGears360
LOL "X360 offers gameplay and ecelent graphics"

All consoles offer gameplay.  

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#132 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

Sheep are in denial when it comes to graphics. Why do you think more powerful system get released each gen instead of having the same one :|

Its like they think graphics are SARS and people should stay away from them.

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

I guess its one of the longest gimmicks in gaming history :roll:

Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Merovingin33
Member since 2004 • 3877 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48

okay its just your opinon, gears is fun, just not the game for you. something confuses me about sheep they act like every other game on any console besides the almighty wii is a bore fest becasue it doesnt you the inovation of the wiimote!?:? what is with that?

who the hell knows. it's like all i heard is that you cant have beautiful graphics and awesome gameplay at the same time.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.AvinashTyagi

No they still have the same features, Supreme commander for example still has building bases, climbing tech trees, resources, etc. just on a huge scale. No there is innovation, but they have to think out of the mold, and the porblem is when one game does it, a bunch of other games follow suit so its only innovative the first time

Then innovation doesnt exist. How is the wii innovation? Ive played motion sensing games before? And no, CoH, has little base building, you can win with one building, and has no base rushing, no resource gathering, and you dont have to climb tech trees. Games cant change, according to you, which is an incredibly stupid thing to say. Innovation is just a new idea, not something totally new, nothing totally new(according to you) has happened since the first FPS.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 AvinashTyagi

Sheep are in denial when it comes to graphics. Why do you think more powerful system get released each gen instead of having the same one :|

kage_53
Oh Wii is more powerful than GCN, but graphics alone should not be the main improvement from gen to gen
chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts
I agree, I have a Wii and 360 and I don't think the graphics make the games bad or good, I think 360 has better games for now..I am looking forward to Mario, Metroid and Smash though.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.coolguy1111

Then innovation doesnt exist. How is the wii innovation? Ive played motion sensing games before? And no, CoH, has little base building, you can win with one building, and has no base rushing, no resource gathering, and you dont have to climb tech trees. Games cant change, according to you, which is an incredibly stupid thing to say. Innovation is just a new idea, not something totally new, nothing totally new(according to you) has happened since the first FPS.

No you've missed my point, I never said games don't make additions or changes, the thing is as soon as there is a change that's good, a dozen other games are are made that basically copy that change, and in spite of these small changes, its still pretty much the same formula with maybe a change here or there, and there is only so many games in a particular genre you can play before you get tired of them all
pooonu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 pooonu
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts
I've got a story too it goes something like this... One day the Wii came out and it only had one game worth playing and it was a delayed port of a gamecube game with tacked on gimmicky controls. The End. Moral of the Story? Wii sucks.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#140 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
[QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

I can`t speak of Gears, since I haven`t tried it, but really,  this is true story:

I was just to go to bed and decided to play 1 or two bowling lines in  Wii sports. I thought... yeah, graphs unimpressive. Second thought: mh... plays nice, but this doesn't catch me. Third thought : Plays nice, but this isn`t something to spend a big time.. Fourth thought: :D Fifht thought: OMGF It's one oclock!! tomorrow I gotta get up at 6 in the morning :shock: What the hell one more line:P

kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts
[QUOTE="kage_53"]

AvinashTyagi
Oh Wii is more powerful than GCN, but graphics alone should not be the main improvement from gen to gen

The transition from 2D to 3D was big but you cant improve it any further. All consoles since have had increased hardware mainly for better graphics.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="kage_53"]

kage_53

The transition from 2D to 3D was big but you cant improve it any further. All consoles since have had increased hardware mainly for better graphics.

Which is why other avenues of improvement are necessary
Libralesso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Libralesso
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts
graphics arn't a gimmick just somethign nice to have on the side the real importance for ALL systems is gameplay just there are different styles of gameplay Nintendo happens to offer the most unique style thats why i love Nintendo systems however it does not appeal to everyone
xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts
[QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="kage_53"]

AvinashTyagi

and ofc the wiimote is an improvement, isnt it? Keyboard+mouse=lot better improvement Wiimote is dying fast already, I expected betetr motiong sensing like the one used for games since mid-late 90s
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#145 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Can't we all just agree that Gears is great and Wii Sports is fun, that graphics are important and gameplay very important? Oh, wait, I forgot this is system wars. My bad guys, sorry for wasting your time.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="kage_53"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="kage_53"]

xBALOx

and ofc the wiimote is an improvement, isnt it? Keyboard+mouse=lot better improvement Wiimote is dying fast already, I expected betetr motiong sensing like the one used for games since mid-late 90s

Wiimote isn't dying, in fact Wii is still sold out, nongamers and casuals love it, and yes Keyboard and mouse is nice, but even that can be too complex for many, buttons are less attractive than movement
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 sexy_luigi
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

hey everyone, sexy luigi here, and boy do I have a story for you 8)

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3.

Disturbed_One98

I think this thread is a bunch of crap, medium is considered hardcore on Gears of War. Come back when you've actually played it.

i meant the third difficulty level, i forgot what it was called ;) and yes i have played it  :D 

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 coolguy1111
Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AvinashTyagi
Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.coolguy1111
Actually that's not a problem, in fact they've already put the Wiimote to use to control games on the PC, with very nice results, but that's the thing, movement is mcuh more natural than pressing buttons, that's why the Wiimote is an improvement
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Since when does something being popular make it better? KB/M+360 controller+wheel=all you want. PC gaming>wii. face it sheep, next year we will have wii emus out. Thats how weak it is.AvinashTyagi
Actually that's not a problem, in fact they've already put the Wiimote to use to control games on the PC, with very nice results, but that's the thing, movement is mcuh more natural than pressing buttons, that's why the Wiimote is an improvement

No its not. More natural makes it better? I would bet lots of money I could beat you in any fps if i used kb/m and you used wiimote.