wow, its true what they say: "graphics are a gimmick"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sexy_luigi
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts

hey everyone, sexy luigi here, and boy do I have a story for you 8)

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3. 

Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sexy_luigi

get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48

oh he had an hd tv, but it just goes to show that graphics are really a gimmick, fun is all that matters ;) 

Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
weird to me the fun in wii sports lasted like 1 hour and i had 10x more fun chainsawing people on GeOW, simple much cooler, better enemies, overall a much more fun experience always remember X360 offers gameplay and excelent graphics Wii?.......just gameplay
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Goldensun48

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.sexy_luigi

oh he had an hd tv, but it just goes to show that graphics are really a gimmick, fun is all that matters ;)

okay its just your opinon, gears is fun, just not the game for you. something confuses me about sheep they act like every other game on any console besides the almighty wii is a bore fest becasue it doesnt you the inovation of the wiimote!?:?  what is with that?

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#6 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

weird to me the fun in wii sports lasted like 1 hour and i had 10x more fun chainsawing people on GeOW, simple much cooler, better enemies, overall a much more fun experience always remember X360 offers gameplay and excelent graphics Wii?.......just gameplayGears360

I knew you'd reply here, lol.

sulimanitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 sulimanitachi
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
people have diffrent opinion in game we all like diffrent things
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
Graphics enhance Gameplay
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Graphics can be considered a gimmick.
cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#11 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts

hey everyone, sexy luigi here, and boy do I have a story for you 8)

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3. 

sexy_luigi

Well graphics CAN be a gimmick. But actually gears and wii sports are both fun to me. I personally liked playing Gears online and Wii sports with friends.

magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
[QUOTE="Gears360"]weird to me the fun in wii sports lasted like 1 hour and i had 10x more fun chainsawing people on GeOW, simple much cooler, better enemies, overall a much more fun experience always remember X360 offers gameplay and excelent graphics Wii?.......just gameplay

Hint: You don't play alone, you bloody loner. :lol:
Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts

Yeah Wii Sports keeps surprising me every time I play it. So many features I didnt knew about.
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts
Humans are gimmicks!
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sexy_luigi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Weslii

Yeah Wii Sports keeps surprising me every time I play it. So many features I didnt knew about.

totally, its a much deeper game than gears of war 

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

Play wii sports for 4 days then come back
Avatar image for HappyInvader101
HappyInvader101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 HappyInvader101
Member since 2005 • 3791 Posts
[QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

Oh no u di-int......:? 

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sexy_luigi

Graphics can be considered a gimmick.VGobbsesser

once you've seen them once, you're like okay, this is nice, but once you start playing, you forget about the graphics, and realize youre playing the same games you did for the past 10 years 

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
A few things...It is all opinion and you sound very bitter.  And to add, take an english class.  It is hard to believe you played GeoW because you don't unlock hardcore, it is there from the start.
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48

okay its just your opinon, gears is fun, just not the game for you. something confuses me about sheep they act like every other game on any console besides the almighty wii is a bore fest becasue it doesnt you the inovation of the wiimote!?:?  what is with that?

Its just a holier than thou attitude.  And its sad, because Hermits get the Wiimote PLUS get to play games that, you know, are actually worth a damn.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

HAHAHAHAHA. No its not man. Wii sports is a very bad game, its the controller that makes it fun. And it gets old. Have a UT04 lan party where you play Bombing run is much better then wii sports. You can actually play that for longer then 30 mins.
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
While I agree that GeoW graphics are overrated, i think saying " graphics are a Gimmick " is pretty stupid. ..
kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts

My wife has a Wii and loves it and some of the games are pretty good but to me it's the Wii that feels like a gimick. I actually LIKE the static controller. When I'm chillin with a "drink" and playing Gears or GRAW2, I dont want to have to wave my arms all over the place... I wanna just sit back and chill... Especially when it comes to playing future RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odeysey, Eternal Senota and FFXIII - yea, that's right, I said it :-)

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 coolguy1111

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]Graphics can be considered a gimmick.sexy_luigi

once you've seen them once, you're like okay, this is nice, but once you start playing, you forget about the graphics, and realize youre playing the same games you did for the past 10 years

A device that gets boring after 10 mins of play is a gimmick, not smoething that truely changes gameplay.
Grayden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 Grayden
Member since 2003 • 3070 Posts

I am really looking forward to getting a Wii, Wiisports looks great fun. I like also that i will be able to  play all my old Gamecube games on there too. 

Ravens1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ravens1995
Member since 2007 • 271 Posts
look at this Wii fanboy:roll:
Shirley_Temple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shirley_Temple
Member since 2006 • 5927 Posts

[QUOTE="VGobbsesser"]Graphics can be considered a gimmick.sexy_luigi

I didn't know Dynamic physics and genuinely intelligent AI existed in Doom....

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Goldensun48
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.HappyInvader101

Oh no u di-int......:?

i've played wii sports countless times when my brother comes home, it just gets boring in an hour or so, we ususally end up playing r6 or cod3 online 

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts

My wife has a Wii and loves it and some of the games are pretty good but to me it's the Wii that feels like a gimick. I actually LIKE the static controller. When I'm chillin with a "drink" and playing Gears or GRAW2, I dont want to have to wave my arms all over the place... I wanna just sit back and chill... Especially when it comes to playing future RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odeysey, Eternal Senota and FFXIII - yea, that's right, I said it :-)

kindredmachine
You don't have to wave your arms all over the place, in most Wii games, a simple wrist flick will do..
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Hey! I would just like to throw out there that I am a sheep, as many of you may know, and I thought that Gears and Resistance were fun. But, probably because of the sheep in me, I found Wario Ware to have better multi. and Zelda with a better 1p. So, since this is all opinions anyway... Wii gameplay > EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Gears360"]weird to me the fun in wii sports lasted like 1 hour and i had 10x more fun chainsawing people on GeOW, simple much cooler, better enemies, overall a much more fun experience always remember X360 offers gameplay and excelent graphics Wii?.......just gameplayGoldensun48

see thats the problem: to graphic nerds like you, the wii isnt appealing, but for the normal people who just want to have fun, the wii is the best system ever...but alas, you wont understand, and NY times > you just like wii sports >>>gears of war ;)

funny thing is(idc if i get reported) that most of the people at my school who own a wii are the real geeks/nerds at my school that get made fun of all the time by the preps. and most of the preps either have a 360 or ps3 to play madden and nba games! lol 

You're a High Schooler right? Get to college
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sexy_luigi

your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."samusarmada

exactly, most of the people who rag on the wiis graphics are nothing more than graphics nerds. But its okay, nintendo isnt appealing to them, its appealing to the normal people who just want to have fun with their games, and in truth fun >>>> graphics which is why wii sports >>>> gears, why else would NY times give it game of the year ? 

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48

wow you sheep are crazy, this is exactly why people call you kiddy, becasue you cant even admire a real game over a demo game like wii sports lmao:lol:. just becasue you cant afford the system doesnt mean you have to bash it wittle youngster :lol:

I could never get my friends to play Gears, but all of them want to play Wii sports
magus-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 magus-21
Member since 2006 • 2868 Posts
[QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

My wife has a Wii and loves it and some of the games are pretty good but to me it's the Wii that feels like a gimick. I actually LIKE the static controller. When I'm chillin with a "drink" and playing Gears or GRAW2, I dont want to have to wave my arms all over the place... I wanna just sit back and chill... Especially when it comes to playing future RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odeysey, Eternal Senota and FFXIII - yea, that's right, I said it :-)

Nex_Ownage
You don't have to wave your arms all over the place, in most Wii games, a simple wrist flick will do..

That's generally no fun, though. :P
sharky_dkb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sharky_dkb
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts

I'm a diehard cow, but I have to side with lemms this time.

Wii Sports > GeoW? LOL you should try stand up. You can sit next to Cook. 

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
I think you mixed it up, the Wii is the gimmick.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Snowboarder99

[QUOTE="samusarmada"]your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."sexy_luigi

exactly, most of the people who rag on the wiis graphics are nothing more than graphics nerds. But its okay, nintendo isnt appealing to them, its appealing to the normal people who just want to have fun with their games, and in truth fun >>>> graphics which is why wii sports >>>> gears, why else would NY times give it game of the year ? 

Well Gears of War has fun and graphics.  I see no harm in that, unless you are a Nintendo fanboy like yourself
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

Nex_Ownage

Then whats the point? How does that add immersion? Tell me? replacing pressing a with a flick of the wrist is innovation? Sorry, no. Games that are going to be worth a dam on the wii are games like Warioware, Rayman, and im interested to see what they can do with Mario Party. Those games are fun in groups, get old in 10 hours, and your waving around like an idiot.
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sexy_luigi

Hey! I would just like to throw out there that I am a sheep, as many of you may know, and I thought that Gears and Resistance were fun. But, probably because of the sheep in me, I found Wario Ware to have better multi. and Zelda with a better 1p. So, since this is all opinions anyway... Wii gameplay > EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!coreygames

Exactly! 

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Goldensun48"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.AvinashTyagi

wow you sheep are crazy, this is exactly why people call you kiddy, becasue you cant even admire a real game over a demo game like wii sports lmao:lol:. just becasue you cant afford the system doesnt mean you have to bash it wittle youngster :lol:

I could never get my friends to play Gears, but all of them want to play Wii sports

That makes it a great game? Crackdown outsold Sup Com, is crackdown a better game?
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

coolguy1111

Then whats the point? How does that add immersion? Tell me? replacing pressing a with a flick of the wrist is innovation? Sorry, no. Games that are going to be worth a dam on the wii are games like Warioware, Rayman, and im interested to see what they can do with Mario Party. Those games are fun in groups, get old in 10 hours, and your waving around like an idiot.

Go watch a youtue video of someone playing MP3:C... that is how the Wii will work.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 coolguy1111

[QUOTE="coreygames"]Hey! I would just like to throw out there that I am a sheep, as many of you may know, and I thought that Gears and Resistance were fun. But, probably because of the sheep in me, I found Wario Ware to have better multi. and Zelda with a better 1p. So, since this is all opinions anyway... Wii gameplay > EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!sexy_luigi

Exactly!

What gameplay? Its a new controller, instead of press A you flick your wrist.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

coreygames

Go watch a youtue video of someone playing MP3:C... that is how the Wii will work.

Ill take playing UT3, a much better shooter.  Go watch a video of someone playing Crysis, then come back.  Thats how graphics work.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Goldensun48"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.coolguy1111

wow you sheep are crazy, this is exactly why people call you kiddy, becasue you cant even admire a real game over a demo game like wii sports lmao:lol:. just becasue you cant afford the system doesnt mean you have to bash it wittle youngster :lol:

That makes it a great game? Crackdown outsold Sup Com, is crackdown a better game?

Yes that does, playing with my friends is a lot of fun, i'd rather do that then run around chainsawing alien monsters alone or with idiots on XBL
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
Theres a difference between the waving your arms around type of fun and the immersive type of fun.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Snowboarder99
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

coolguy1111

Ill take playing UT3, a much better shooter.  Go watch a video of someone playing Crysis, then come back.  Thats how graphics work.

I agree
Jubedube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jubedube
Member since 2006 • 86 Posts
I'm a little bit more of a sheep and I think you're a blind fanboy. Seriously, I do own a Wii, and Gears of War is intense fun. I only own a wii, but my own cousin owns a 360 (dopplegangers?) and I really don't see what you're talking about in Gears of War being unfun. I've spent my own days playing only Wii sports at friends' houses, and it's a lot of fun (and you do stop noticing graphics after a while.), but you can't denie gears is good fun too.