wow, its true what they say: "graphics are a gimmick"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 sexy_luigi
Member since 2007 • 434 Posts
[QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

My wife has a Wii and loves it and some of the games are pretty good but to me it's the Wii that feels like a gimick. I actually LIKE the static controller. When I'm chillin with a "drink" and playing Gears or GRAW2, I dont want to have to wave my arms all over the place... I wanna just sit back and chill... Especially when it comes to playing future RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odeysey, Eternal Senota and FFXIII - yea, that's right, I said it :-)

coolguy1111

You don't have to wave your arms all over the place, in most Wii games, a simple wrist flick will do..

Then whats the point? How does that add immersion? Tell me? replacing pressing a with a flick of the wrist is innovation? Sorry, no. Games that are going to be worth a dam on the wii are games like Warioware, Rayman, and im interested to see what they can do with Mario Party. Those games are fun in groups, get old in 10 hours, and your waving around like an idiot.

See, you will never understand the wii. The wii is about pure fun, whether with friends (wii sports) or alone (sonic zelda). the wiiappeals to normal people, not those who have spent 200 + on a computer. this is why, for the commone person, the wii is much better than the other systems ;)

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="coreygames"]Hey! I would just like to throw out there that I am a sheep, as many of you may know, and I thought that Gears and Resistance were fun. But, probably because of the sheep in me, I found Wario Ware to have better multi. and Zelda with a better 1p. So, since this is all opinions anyway... Wii gameplay > EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!coolguy1111

Exactly!

What gameplay? Its a new controller, instead of press A you flick your wrist.

reading is for people too... I posted this thing called a paragraph and it contains my feelings. That is your feelings. WOW, we are all emotional with all of these feelings. BTW, with the Wii you can press A and flick your wrist.. both of them.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

hey everyone, sexy luigi here, and boy do I have a story for you 8)

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3.

sexy_luigi

Use parapgraphs or something, not gonna read all that.

Anyway asuming your saying PS3 and 360 are just about graphics your dead wrong.  Next gen systems are about Physics, AI, Animations, and ect.  If you have played HL2 you will know what Physics, AI and Animation can do for gameplay and with Next Gen systems they have the power to take that to a whole new level with new engines like Euphoria that have realistic breakable objects and life like animation with living AI.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48
I have played on both and it does not matter. It sure looks nice on both the HD just clears it up.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

My wife has a Wii and loves it and some of the games are pretty good but to me it's the Wii that feels like a gimick. I actually LIKE the static controller. When I'm chillin with a "drink" and playing Gears or GRAW2, I dont want to have to wave my arms all over the place... I wanna just sit back and chill... Especially when it comes to playing future RPGs like Blue Dragon, Lost Odeysey, Eternal Senota and FFXIII - yea, that's right, I said it :-)

sexy_luigi

You don't have to wave your arms all over the place, in most Wii games, a simple wrist flick will do..

Then whats the point? How does that add immersion? Tell me? replacing pressing a with a flick of the wrist is innovation? Sorry, no. Games that are going to be worth a dam on the wii are games like Warioware, Rayman, and im interested to see what they can do with Mario Party. Those games are fun in groups, get old in 10 hours, and your waving around like an idiot.

See, you will never understand the wii. The wii is about pure fun, whether with friends (wii sports) or alone (sonic zelda). the wiiappeals to normal people, not those who have spent 200 + on a computer. this is why, for the commone person, the wii is much better than the other systems ;)

Fine play your "common pople" games that get old in a hour, ill stick to the real games that make the true innovations,
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="coreygames"]Hey! I would just like to throw out there that I am a sheep, as many of you may know, and I thought that Gears and Resistance were fun. But, probably because of the sheep in me, I found Wario Ware to have better multi. and Zelda with a better 1p. So, since this is all opinions anyway... Wii gameplay > EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!coreygames

Exactly!

What gameplay? Its a new controller, instead of press A you flick your wrist.

reading is for people too... I posted this thing called a paragraph and it contains my feelings. That is your feelings. WOW, we are all emotional with all of these feelings. BTW, with the Wii you can press A and flick your wrist.. both of them.

Way to totally dodge my point. How does flicking your wrist instead of pressing A make a game more fun?
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

sexy_luigi

You act like the 360 or PS3 isn't fun!  Yes, the Wii is fun, but the other two are also fun.  I am sorry you are blind, but you need to realize that GeoW, R6, Oblivion and other games for the 360/PS3 are a lot of fun
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

Wow more fanboy BS this thread fails just like all you fanboy morons, plus it is not hard to play the wii and them go back to a normal controller one bit I know this because I own all three consoles!

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

coolguy1111

Fine play your "common pople" games that get old in a hour, ill stick to the real games that make the true innovations,

You mean like adding a chainsaw to a gun? :roll:
mc2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mc2k4
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts

Well I just got home from my cousins house, he was feeling a bit sick so i went to cheer him up. Anyways, my little cousin has a 360 with gears of war and some tom clancy game, but i decided to bring my wii over just in case he wanted to play something fresh. So we played the campaign for gears on medium, (yhe hadnt unlocked hardcore yet) and we started, and wow was i unimpresed. I mean the graphics were okay, but after a while you dont care how shiny or bumpy everything looks. Going back to a controller that was static was almost torture, it was like driving a mercedes and then riding a tricycle. My cousin wasnt having much fun either by the way he was quite the whole time. So i told him do you want to try the wii instead, he was pretty hesistant because he was a bit of a graphics whore like the majority of 360 players, but that all changed. As soon as we started wii sports, we were having so much more fun then gears, it was unbelievable. Even though he was sick, my cousing was really getting into the game and would jump around, he almost hit the tv :lol: . We played wii sports for the rest of the time, and man, it really shows that graphics mean absolutly nothing to having fun, NY times was right in calling it the game of the year, because wii sports, along with the makority of wii games, are much funner to play then the tired old games on the 360 and ps3.

sexy_luigi

You said your cousin was sick, right?  Enough said. 

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

Snowboarder99

You act like the 360 or PS3 isn't fun!  Yes, the Wii is fun, but the other two are also fun.  I am sorry you are blind, but you need to realize that GeoW, R6, Oblivion and other games for the 360/PS3 are a lot of fun

Only for a few minutes, then you realize you've played the same type of game hundreds of times already
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.Goldensun48

oh he had an hd tv, but it just goes to show that graphics are really a gimmick, fun is all that matters ;)

okay its just your opinon, gears is fun, just not the game for you. something confuses me about sheep they act like every other game on any console besides the almighty wii is a bore fest becasue it doesnt you the inovation of the wiimote!?:?  what is with that?

Please don't sterotype every sheep as anti-everything else.. I am a sheep, I play Gears.. I like it.. I like Lost Planet more. There..
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 coreygames

Anyway asuming your saying PS3 and 360 are just about graphics your dead wrong.  Next gen systems are about Physics, AI, Animations, and ect.  If you have played HL2 you will know what Physics, AI and Animation can do for gameplay and with Next Gen systems they have the power to take that to a whole new level with new engines like Euphoria that have realistic breakable objects and life like animation with living AI.

justforlotr2004
All those things are what the programmers have to put together and what engine they use. Look at elebits, it has great physics, because the dev.s tried to give it that. You can do almost anything on the Wii that you can do on the PS3 and 360 in that aspect aside from Dead Rising type games with 400 moving zombies on the screen interacting with each other. Wii could probably only do 200 or less.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
[QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.sexy_luigi

oh he had an hd tv, but it just goes to show that graphics are really a gimmick, fun is all that matters ;)

Yeah Wii Sports keeps surprising me every time I play it. So many features I didnt knew about.

totally, its a much deeper game than gears of war

Now THAT is a little too far. Really, Warioware and Wii Sports are freakin' awesome when you have other people around. What about when you're not with other people?
Avatar image for NicktehImperial
NicktehImperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 NicktehImperial
Member since 2007 • 4243 Posts

sexy_luigi
Hey I'm a Lemming and I'm not a graphics whore, I just want to play Oblivion and GeOW and Mass effect ETC on one console thats all, the graphics are a great bonus. (Plus big worlds, smarter AI, more stuff ETC.) All though I do admit that the "makority" of WII games are better.
sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 sexy_luigi
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Goldensun48"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.AvinashTyagi

Yeah Wii Sports keeps surprising me every time I play it. So many features I didnt knew about.

wow you sheep are crazy, this is exactly why people call you kiddy, becasue you cant even admire a real game over a demo game like wii sports lmao:lol:. just becasue you cant afford the system doesnt mean you have to bash it wittle youngster :lol:

I could never get my friends to play Gears, but all of them want to play Wii sports

That makes it a great game? Crackdown outsold Sup Com, is crackdown a better game?

Yes that does, playing with my friends is a lot of fun, i'd rather do that then run around chainsawing alien monsters alone or with idiots on XBL

exactly, couldnt have said it better myself 8) 

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

AvinashTyagi

Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Snowboarder99
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

AvinashTyagi

Only for a few minutes, then you realize you've played the same type of game hundreds of times already

No sorry, I for one have spent HOURS on those games
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts

[QUOTE="samusarmada"]your gonna get assaulted by lemmings once you said wii sports>gears of war. i can hear it now "casual trash." "gimmicky fad" "no chainsaws."sexy_luigi

exactly, most of the people who rag on the wiis graphics are nothing more than graphics nerds. But its okay, nintendo isnt appealing to them, its appealing to the normal people who just want to have fun with their games, and in truth fun >>>> graphics which is why wii sports >>>> gears, why else would NY times give it game of the year ?

Surely we should only go by what NY times says around these forums, since there such a respected gaming publication or website... we defiantly should not go by what almost every other magazine and website, that actually, you know.. have something to do with gaming, and 90% of people say, that gears was one of the best, if not THEE best game last year. (2nd in my book, ff12 made FF great again, in my book)
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Goldensun48"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

wow you sheep are crazy, this is exactly why people call you kiddy, becasue you cant even admire a real game over a demo game like wii sports lmao:lol:. just becasue you cant afford the system doesnt mean you have to bash it wittle youngster :lol:

I could never get my friends to play Gears, but all of them want to play Wii sports

That makes it a great game? Crackdown outsold Sup Com, is crackdown a better game?

Yes that does, playing with my friends is a lot of fun, i'd rather do that then run around chainsawing alien monsters alone or with idiots on XBL

exactly, couldnt have said it better myself 8)

I can get together with friends and play GeOW, UT04, whatever I want. And any game is fun with your friends, i played Deer Hunter on our PCs for fun with my friends and it was fun. You cant say its a good game because its fun with your friends, EVERYTHING is fun with your friends.
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts

Personally I ust think graphics are a unique feature to the game. They are awesome but not the biggest issue in a game. Having said that I still cant believe you got bored with Gears of War. I dont see that... sorry. I like the Wii alot I dont own one yet, I have a 360. The Wii is amazing but if you say graphics are a gimic in a way you can also say the Wii is a gimic, I dont necisarlly believe that but think about it its a very unique way of playing games but how long will it last before they can only make the same style of games.

I think the Wii and the 360 are both trully amazing but I feel the 360 has and will have a much better gamming library. 

sexy_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sexy_luigi
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.MegaPigeon

Now THAT is a little too far. Really, Warioware and Wii Sports are freakin' awesome when you have other people around. What about when you're not with other people?

not really, it not too far at all. wii sports is meant to be played with friends, if you want to play alone theres always zelda or sonic 

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

coolguy1111

Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.

Graphics doesn't make Supreme commander good, in fact I play zoomed out, the other games weren't worth it to me, same type of games i've already played with shinier graphics
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 coreygames
Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.coolguy1111
Wait, how many of those are generic FPS or RTS's anyway. Aside from that, the Wii will be getting the usually stated 3 (MP3, MG, SSBB), Pokemon (yeah, I went there), and so many new IP games that is is just plain O_o!
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="justforlotr2004"]

Anyway asuming your saying PS3 and 360 are just about graphics your dead wrong. Next gen systems are about Physics, AI, Animations, and ect. If you have played HL2 you will know what Physics, AI and Animation can do for gameplay and with Next Gen systems they have the power to take that to a whole new level with new engines like Euphoria that have realistic breakable objects and life like animation with living AI.

coreygames
All those things are what the programmers have to put together and what engine they use. Look at elebits, it has great physics, because the dev.s tried to give it that. You can do almost anything on the Wii that you can do on the PS3 and 360 in that aspect aside from Dead Rising type games with 400 moving zombies on the screen interacting with each other. Wii could probably only do 200 or less.

Lmao no you cant. It takes a ton of RAM and CPU power to do very good AI and physics especially. Youll never see a game like CoD3 have good physics in the wii. Same with AI. AI, Physics, Sound, Animation, detail, thats all part of graphics, and that all changes gameplay.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Snowboarder99
If the Wii had good graphics, would you still be saying they are a gimmick?  Please answer this honestly...although I think that is a lot to ask
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

Snowboarder99

Not I, I would get bored fast, i've played a bunch of games in those genres before, I'm tired of the same games over and over
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

sexy_luigi

:lol: Wii :lol: hey maybe one day you can get a real console! 

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.coreygames
Wait, how many of those are generic FPS or RTS's anyway. Aside from that, the Wii will be getting the usually stated 3 (MP3, MG, SSBB), Pokemon (yeah, I went there), and so many new IP games that is is just plain O_o!

None? Tell me which one is generic and how it is? And how is SSBB an innovative game? MP3? Thats a tiny list of innovative pc games, it oculd have been 10x longer.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
[QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

not really, it not too far at all. wii sports is meant to be played with friends, if you want to play alone theres always zelda or sonic

they're certainly both awesome, but so far I've had the most fun overall with Gears up to this point. Not everyone on Xbox Live are idiots ;)
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
[QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.coreygames

Don't even use generic on my precious RTSs.. If you have played the, a good number of them are unique unlike alot of FPSs. From Starcraft to Warcraft 3 to Dawn of War, each play a bit different than the other.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AvinashTyagi
If the Wii had good graphics, would you still be saying they are a gimmick?  Please answer this honestly...although I think that is a lot to askSnowboarder99
I would say its ok and then move on to the gameplay, graphics only matter to a point, some of my favorite games are not graphical masterpieces, especially by today's standards
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

If the Wii had good graphics, would you still be saying they are a gimmick? Please answer this honestly...although I think that is a lot to askSnowboarder99

If the Wii had even decent graphics and something other than mini games it may have helds my interest longer, oh and some sort of online play! 

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

coolguy1111

You really don't get it.. "Flicking your wrist" or slightly moving your arm is still much better than pressing A. Whether you're pointing a gun, attacking with a sword or simply throwing a ball. Playing with the Wii-mote feels like nothing else.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 coreygames
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="justforlotr2004"]

Anyway asuming your saying PS3 and 360 are just about graphics your dead wrong. Next gen systems are about Physics, AI, Animations, and ect. If you have played HL2 you will know what Physics, AI and Animation can do for gameplay and with Next Gen systems they have the power to take that to a whole new level with new engines like Euphoria that have realistic breakable objects and life like animation with living AI.

coolguy1111

Lmao no you cant. It takes a ton of RAM and CPU power to do very good AI and physics especially. Youll never see a game like CoD3 have good physics in the wii. Same with AI. AI, Physics, Sound, Animation, detail, thats all part of graphics, and that all changes gameplay.

It's not PART OF THE GRAPHICS. Graphics include art direction, polygons, mapping, scaling, and how many pixels are on the screen. AI and Physics don't affect the graphics. And how do you know there won't be "good physics" on the Wii? Crystal balls are still being used today?!
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.ArisShadows

Don't even use generic on my precious RTSs.. If you have played the, a good number of them are unique unlike alot of FPSs. From Starcraft to Warcraft 3 to Dawn of War, each play a bit different than the other.

A little but most are about building as fast as possible to rush
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

AvinashTyagi

You act like the 360 or PS3 isn't fun! Yes, the Wii is fun, but the other two are also fun. I am sorry you are blind, but you need to realize that GeoW, R6, Oblivion and other games for the 360/PS3 are a lot of fun

Not I, I would get bored fast, i've played a bunch of games in those genres before, I'm tired of the same games over and over

Like.. GeOW? Hmm one PC game with that type of cover system that sucked, Comapny of heroes? No toher RTS captured its frantic gameplay, no other RTS had its level of micromanagement and lack of base management, Sup Com? No other game can capture its Macro management, added an innovative way of playing, EE3? A game that will have its OWN WORLD SCALED IN THE GAME for you to capture? Please, thats a dumb excuse. Crackdown hasnt been done "over and over: in the past 10 years.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Snowboarder99
As someone said before, almost anything is fun with friends, so do not use that argument
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts
[QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="MegaPigeon"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="Weslii"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"]

[QUOTE="Goldensun48"]get back to us when you actually play on a hdtv.MegaPigeon

they're certainly both awesome, but so far I've had the most fun overall with Gears up to this point. Not everyone on Xbox Live are idiots ;)

The real problem with live is the racist's and the wanna be gangsta's that i'm sure would not dare to talk **** in real life like they do on live.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 coreygames

[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]If the Wii had good graphics, would you still be saying they are a gimmick? Please answer this honestly...although I think that is a lot to askKhansoul

If the Wii had even decent graphics and something other than mini games it may have helds my interest longer, oh and some sort of online play! 

Alright. I quit SW for the rest of today. When there is so much stupidity floating around that it makes me WANT to start a flame war, I know it is time to go. Bye everyone.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"]Ummm no. Crysis? Supreme Commander? Company of heroes? Hellgate:London? EE3? Lots of games. They doing more then swapping out the A button with flicking your wrist.AvinashTyagi

A little but most are about building as fast as possible to rush

Not Sup Com, CoH, and EE3, they are infact, the total opposite.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 coolguy1111
As someone said before, almost anything is fun with friends, so do not use that argumentSnowboarder99
Yea the worst game in the world is fun with your friends.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="Khansoul"]

[QUOTE="Snowboarder99"]If the Wii had good graphics, would you still be saying they are a gimmick? Please answer this honestly...although I think that is a lot to askcoreygames

Alright. I quit SW for the rest of today. When there is so much stupidity floating around that it makes me WANT to start a flame war, I know it is time to go. Bye everyone.

You never answered any of my questions, how is the gmes i listed generic? How is flicking your wrist instead of pressing A innovation and more fun? How is MP3 and SSBB innovation? Isnt that what sheep keeping saying nintendo is all about? Ill consider this a victory for Hermits.
dumbstupid101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dumbstupid101
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts

just cause you think its a gimmmick doesnt mean its a gimmick

and when i bring my freinds over they dont even look at the wii they just go to my 360 and we have a blast playing gears of war and have alot of fun. They have tried my wii once and didnt even like it instead they love the graphichs and have more fun on my 360

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Snowboarder99
I think what a lot of sheep do not get is the Wii is not a better experience, it is only a different experience
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Um Graphics are not a gimmick I don't know where you thought that up. Gameplay is just more important then graphics. But that doesn't mean graphics don't matter.
-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

sexy_luigi

You dont unlock Hardcore :|

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"][QUOTE="AvinashTyagi"][QUOTE="Snowboarder99"][QUOTE="sexy_luigi"][QUOTE="coolguy1111"][QUOTE="Nex_Ownage"][QUOTE="kindredmachine"]

coolguy1111

You act like the 360 or PS3 isn't fun! Yes, the Wii is fun, but the other two are also fun. I am sorry you are blind, but you need to realize that GeoW, R6, Oblivion and other games for the 360/PS3 are a lot of fun

Like.. GeOW? Hmm one PC game with that type of cover system that sucked, Comapny of heroes? No toher RTS captured its frantic gameplay, no other RTS had its level of micromanagement and lack of base management, Sup Com? No other game can capture its Macro management, added an innovative way of playing, EE3? A game that will have its OWN WORLD SCALED IN THE GAME for you to capture? Please, thats a dumb excuse. Crackdown hasnt been done "over and over: in the past 10 years.

Oh please all you've shown is they've tweaked one or two aspects but its still the same games at its core, there are tons of other RTS's, FPs's Third Person shooters, etc. etc., you can only play so much before you get sick of the repitition, the Wii and DS for me came at the right time, otherwise I probably would have given up on gaming all together
As someone said before, almost anything is fun with friends, so do not use that argumentSnowboarder99
Why not? Wii is the first console my friends want to play
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
Lets just say that neither the Wii or Gears of War is my cup of Infrago mosqoe coffee.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 coolguy1111

You need example of this repitition. What game is like Sup Com that akes it sooo boring? What gmae is like GeOW that makes it boring? Even CoH, there all different then other games. 

O and i could careless about you, YOUR friends dont want to paly anything but the wii, but 90% of the world and gamers loves there regular games.Â