Why MGS4 is the best game in the history of mankind. (56k beware)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#301 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
[QUOTE="Aku101"]

An international phenomenon

It is well known that the MGS serieis is the best series in the history of gaming and MGS4 lives up to that tradition. MGS4 follows the heart-warming story of solid snake. Through death, betrayal, secrecy, snake has seen it all and MGS4 is the epitome of gaming as we know it. The series is paid tribute to by many other games, movies, tv shows and animated series. The series is so well-known that countless people imitate chracters from the series and are well proud of it. It just attests to the fact on how amazing MGS is as evident by all the homages paid to it.

The day the bomb dropped: June 12, 2008 AKA D-Day for the 360.

When mgs4 came out it immediately received praise and glamorous reviews from every gaming journalist. On a certain website known as Gamespot.com. MGS4 scored the impossible and caused an immediate holocaust that would result in much fallout and damage control for months and years to come. To this day lemmings fear the greatness knwon as MGS4 and will attempt to diminish it's awesomeness with damage control and denial but that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has the only AAAAE this gen.

This was the day that the tide turned. It marked the beginning of the end for the 360. The first AAAAE of this gen exclusive to the PS3. But MGS4 deserved it more than any other game could have. MGS gave birth to the stealth genre and MGS4 perfected it. It set a new standard, not just for stealth but for the entire gaming industry. No game has achieved a level of polish and perfection as MGS4. It gave players the best single player experience of ALL TIME. There is no denying this fact.

Story, the best story that can ever be achieved in any game has happened.

The story of MGS4 was one of its strongest points. it was told in a perfect manner that could be easily understood and connected the plot of all past games together. The story was clockwork, from otacon and meryl to liquid and snake the game goes all out without limitations and immediately draws you into it's compelling plot and characters. No game could have had a better ending than MGS4 from the hallway scene to naomi and vamp to the final scene at the graveyard. It was all perfect and pulls the strings of our fragile human emotions. We feel compassion and sympathy for all the characters.MGS4 is the best literary work in the history of mankind, simply a masterpiece and you can quote me on that.

And who could forget Meryl and Akiba wedding scene it was very romantic.

The gameplay, gaming at its finest.

MGS4 pioneers new gameplay emchanics never seen before. You can fully itneract with the environemnt and many factors affect your ability in combat as well as stealth. The many options you can do in CQC is amazing in variety.The stealth is pefect and the AI couldn't be done any better. The game is so incredibly realistic that MGS4 is the closest thing you can get into experience real-life stealth missions.

Graphics, better than anything the 360 can offer.

MGS4 doesn't just play amazing and has a great story, it also looks AMAZING. In the 2008 Gamespot Awards. MGS4 not only won GOTY, but also won best technical graphics for 2008. Beating contestants such as Crysis: Warhead, an amazing feat. Unfortunately, Gears of War 2 (360's best looking game) was not even nominated for the award. But don't take Gamespot's word for it, MGS4 also won best graphics at Spikes VGA, beating yet again Crysis: Warhead and this time Gears of War 2 easily.

Snake is the most polarizing character in history, if perfection were to take human form, Snake would be it.

With such determination and conviction that no other character in gaming, cinema or literature possess, Solid Snake is certainly the most amazing character the world has ever seen. Salute to you Solid Snake you have earned it.

I disagree, What are you gonna do about it? I also don't like the your mention to the holocaust because its something thats not fun and a game usually is, so if you use those two together, your saying this game isn't fun ;)
Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
Meh. It's a crappy game. Most overrated game this gen. I only own a PS3 and hated MGS4.
Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

MGS3 was better. So was 1. Story was contrived annd long winded. The humour was childish. The ending was completely lame. Been better had Snake pulled the trigger.

So glad I held out a little longer on the PS3. Had I bought it for the MGS4 launch I may have sold it.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#305 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Meh. It's a crappy game. Most overrated game this gen. I only own a PS3 and hated MGS4.Messiahbolical-
I wouldn't say crappy, it is a good game. However not nearly as good as it's made out to be & not even close to being the best exclusive available on the console.
Trixstar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Trixstar99
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts

Bought it and finished only once . After that i put it on my self and havent touched again . Totally overated game . There isnt just a feeling that I want to play it on and on . Best game in the history of mankind is a game that everybody likes like super mario

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#307 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

I just wanna thank this thread because I got the MGS most are saying is the best one...

-

MGS 1, But I have the Twin Snakes version for the GC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f
deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f
Member since 2004 • 530 Posts
The difference between MGS4 and Bust-a-Move (Puzzle Bobble) is that while Bust-a-Move helped me fight cancer and survive, it was MGS4 that gave me cancer in the first place.
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#309 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

Most overrated game in the history of mankind, me thinks. MGS1 is grittier, more fun, had better villains, etc. Not to mention Uncharted 2 has now outdone all of its technical achievements.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#310 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
hello I am a cow and i think MGS4 is the best game in the history of ever, you should too. i will tell you things that everybody has said before in an attempt to prove Sony is the greatest company ever.
Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

The difference between MGS4 and Bust-a-Move (Puzzle Bobble) is that while Bust-a-Move helped me fight cancer and survive, it was MGS4 that gave me cancer in the first place.RABicle

Wow dude what?

This place just got serious all of a sudden :shock:

:P

EDIT: I know this is delicate and I didn't mean that offensively and I apologise if I caused any.

Avatar image for SexySasquatch11
SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 SexySasquatch11
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts

I loved MGS1 and MGS2. Played and beat both about 10 times. Played MGS3 until I created a time paradox, then watched my friend finish the game. And yet I bought MGS4 played it until act 3 but yet never finished it. Yet I managed to beat Halo, Bioshock, Gears of War and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Now if I can finish a game as bad as Brawl but I can't finish MGS4, that should say something about the game.

reiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 reiv
Member since 2008 • 1038 Posts
Seems like I'm one of the few who thought the game was tremendous. Everybody goes out of their way to take it down as hard as they can.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
Have it. Played it for almost 6 hours worth of time and definitely want that time back. MGS4 is by far the MOST OVERRATED pile of trash I've played in the last 3 generations. Hands down one of the most boring titles to date and without the movies I'm sure the game would take 2 hours to get through.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#315 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts

....now I want you to play the game for the 4th time and watch all the cutsences I couldn't and the game suffered for it. the game is great the first 2 times but then the length of th cutscenes really got annoying. The control were way overly complicated (see page 30 in the manual for starters) the AI is pretty dumb as well i killed 30 soldiers in the 1st act (right before you see Liquid for the first time) by hiding under a truck and poping them wih an unsilenced MG. Best looking gmae? you serious? bette than anything on the 360 nice try... look at this:

Image 67now forget gears cause RE looks betterImage 16even MW2 is comparable to MGS4Image 9as for story, I write novels and I saw quite a few rushed parts in the story. *SPOILER* *SPOILER**SPOILER**SPOILER* remember when namomi died and otacon was crying (after you kill vamp) about 15 seconds later he says "snake I'm not gonna cry no more ect. ect." all I heard was RUSHED.MGS isn't the best game ever, it maybe to you but sure the isn't perfect. now I'm just saying the game is good but it didn't ddesrve half the awards it got. especially the graphics thing. now you can go on and like the game butdon't make stupid threads like this.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#316 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
Have it. Played it for almost 6 hours worth of time and definitely want that time back. MGS4 is by far the MOST OVERRATED pile of trash I've played in the last 3 generations. Hands down one of the most boring titles to date and without the movies I'm sure the game would take 2 hours to get through. Nedemis
7 lol :)
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
too bad modern warfare 2 outsells mgs series ten fold.
Avatar image for metalgear-solid
metalgear-solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#318 metalgear-solid
Member since 2004 • 7001 Posts

Have it. Played it for almost 6 hours worth of time and definitely want that time back. MGS4 is by far the MOST OVERRATED pile of trash I've played in the last 3 generations. Hands down one of the most boring titles to date and without the movies I'm sure the game would take 2 hours to get through. Nedemis
Fanboy *cough-cough*

MGS4 was amazing in every aspect. No need to start bashing it. Halo 3, nowthat is overrated. It doesn't even have a proper story.

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

[QUOTE="Nedemis"]Have it. Played it for almost 6 hours worth of time and definitely want that time back. MGS4 is by far the MOST OVERRATED pile of trash I've played in the last 3 generations. Hands down one of the most boring titles to date and without the movies I'm sure the game would take 2 hours to get through. metalgear-solid

Fanboy *cough-cough*

MGS4 was amazing in every aspect. No need to start bashing it. Halo 3, nowthat is overrated. It doesn't even have a proper story.

How did you end up citing Halo 3 on an MGS4 thread. If you are going to argue against him, then give some valid points.

Also, what did you mean, "start bashing it"? People have been bashing this thread, MGS4, and you, and you haven't even noticed?

But of course, you are a fanboy, and trying to put reason in one of those is nigh-on-impossible..........

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 siddhu33

too bad modern warfare 2 outsells mgs series ten fold. rgame1

buh, buh, buh, sales don't matter! (according to cows, but they still argue about the PS3's marginal lead over the 360 for a few months).

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

[QUOTE="Nedemis"]Have it. Played it for almost 6 hours worth of time and definitely want that time back. MGS4 is by far the MOST OVERRATED pile of trash I've played in the last 3 generations. Hands down one of the most boring titles to date and without the movies I'm sure the game would take 2 hours to get through. metalgear-solid

Fanboy *cough-cough*

Yes call someone a fanboy for bashing MGS4 and go to bash Halo 3. No irony here.:roll:
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 siddhu33

The funny thing is, is that Halo 3 did have, in my opinion, a very good story. The music and atmosphere was excellent, and the metagame and co-op system kept me playing. There's also SLASO, which is designed to bring you back to earth when you are too cocky.

MJ4040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 MJ4040
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts

I never asked this before, but this might be true,does MGS4 have the most guns (that are based on guns that actually exist, sorry borderlands) ever in a videogame, because it sure as hell seem like they got almostevery kind of gun/missle/explosives in that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#324 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I never asked this before, but this might be true,does MGS4 have the most guns (that are based on guns that actually exist, sorry borderlands) ever in a videogame, because it sure as hell seem like they got almostevery kind of gun/missle/explosives in that game.

MJ4040

Doesn't that go to Borderlands now? I remembering it boasting millions of different weapons.

Racer850

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Racer850
Member since 2009 • 2293 Posts
No it's not the best game ever, but it's still a quality game.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#326 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Another Aku thread. I guest it's only a matter of time before it reaches 20 pages. You have to admit he has a magic touch with this stuff.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#327 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Another Aku thread. I guest it's only a matter of time before it reaches 20 pages. You have to admit he has a magic touch with this stuff.

sleepingzzz

Its all about the free lolz my friend.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#328 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

[QUOTE="sleepingzzz"]

archvile_78

Its all about the free lolz my friend.

Indeed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#329 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

sleepingzzz

Passionate somewhat well-written fanboy lunacy FTW.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#330 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]I'm still waiting for the justifications the following statements: Adults should not be allowed to play Super Mario Galaxy. Pixar's movie "Up" has no relevance, whereas God of War does. Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust is a great, original game. Chess doesn't take skill to play. The only genre of music in Wagner's time was Classical.Aku101

Didn't I justfiy those claims on the threads I brought them up in?

Up has no relevance to adults because it's targeted at kids, it has as much relevacne to adutls as teletubbies

God of War has violence, sex, revenge etc which is present in adult life

LSL: BOB is great and original because of the new gameplay mechanics in the game

Chess doesn't take skill to play because it's all a waiting game and trying to fool your opponent that doesn't take skill but guile. There's a difference.

Look at Classical music everything during wagners time and before we now consider today as classical so therefore all music in his period is classical. If A = B then B = A logically.

But this is going off-topic.

LOL... How does he come up with this stuff?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Where's my picture Aku?
Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]I'm still waiting for the justifications the following statements: Adults should not be allowed to play Super Mario Galaxy. Pixar's movie "Up" has no relevance, whereas God of War does. Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust is a great, original game. Chess doesn't take skill to play. The only genre of music in Wagner's time was Classical.sleepingzzz

Didn't I justfiy those claims on the threads I brought them up in?

Up has no relevance to adults because it's targeted at kids, it has as much relevacne to adutls as teletubbies

God of War has violence, sex, revenge etc which is present in adult life

LSL: BOB is great and original because of the new gameplay mechanics in the game

Chess doesn't take skill to play because it's all a waiting game and trying to fool your opponent that doesn't take skill but guile. There's a difference.

Look at Classical music everything during wagners time and before we now consider today as classical so therefore all music in his period is classical. If A = B then B = A logically.

But this is going off-topic.

LOL... How does he come up with this stuff?

He writes it up when he's not on SW

NinjaDuckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 NinjaDuckling
Member since 2009 • 965 Posts
Wow, what a stupid way to kiss a girl. Hold her waist, Akiba, not her damn arms...loser. [spoiler] I disagree, btw [/spoiler]
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Arach666

Where's my picture Aku?MonsieurX
He´s never going to post it...

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

I don't feel like arguing for hours, so I'll just say that Thisis mostly correct and leave it at that. Bye.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29835 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Where's my picture Aku?Arach666

i think Aku/Nidget might be on a little "vacation," if you know what i mean.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Arach666
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Where's my picture Aku?clone01

i think Aku/Nidget might be on a little "vacation," if you know what i mean.

I sure do.
DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Metal Gear Solid IV is a great game, but to consider it to be the best game in the history of mankind is praising it too high in my opinion. To be quite honest here Metal Gear Solid IV might not even be the best game this generation for me, since there are a hand full of other games that I have thoroughly enjoyed more than this one.