Why MGS4 is the best game in the history of mankind. (56k beware)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aku101
Member since 2009 • 2114 Posts

An international phenomenon

It is well known that the MGS serieis is the best series in the history of gaming and MGS4 lives up to that tradition. MGS4 follows the heart-warming story of solid snake. Through death, betrayal, secrecy, snake has seen it all and MGS4 is the epitome of gaming as we know it. The series is paid tribute to by many other games, movies, tv shows and animated series. The series is so well-known that countless people imitate chracters from the series and are well proud of it. It just attests to the fact on how amazing MGS is as evident by all the homages paid to it.

The day the bomb dropped: June 12, 2008 AKA D-Day for the 360.

When mgs4 came out it immediately received praise and glamorous reviews from every gaming journalist. On a certain website known as Gamespot.com. MGS4 scored the impossible and caused an immediate holocaust that would result in much fallout and damage control for months and years to come. To this day lemmings fear the greatness knwon as MGS4 and will attempt to diminish it's awesomeness with damage control and denial but that doesn't change the fact that the PS3 has the only AAAAE this gen.

This was the day that the tide turned. It marked the beginning of the end for the 360. The first AAAAE of this gen exclusive to the PS3. But MGS4 deserved it more than any other game could have. MGS gave birth to the stealth genre and MGS4 perfected it. It set a new standard, not just for stealth but for the entire gaming industry. No game has achieved a level of polish and perfection as MGS4. It gave players the best single player experience of ALL TIME. There is no denying this fact.

Story, the best story that can ever be achieved in any game has happened.

The story of MGS4 was one of its strongest points. it was told in a perfect manner that could be easily understood and connected the plot of all past games together. The story was clockwork, from otacon and meryl to liquid and snake the game goes all out without limitations and immediately draws you into it's compelling plot and characters. No game could have had a better ending than MGS4 from the hallway scene to naomi and vamp to the final scene at the graveyard. It was all perfect and pulls the strings of our fragile human emotions. We feel compassion and sympathy for all the characters.MGS4 is the best literary work in the history of mankind, simply a masterpiece and you can quote me on that.

And who could forget Meryl and Akiba wedding scene it was very romantic.

The gameplay, gaming at its finest.

MGS4 pioneers new gameplay emchanics never seen before. You can fully itneract with the environemnt and many factors affect your ability in combat as well as stealth. The many options you can do in CQC is amazing in variety.The stealth is pefect and the AI couldn't be done any better. The game is so incredibly realistic that MGS4 is the closest thing you can get into experience real-life stealth missions.

Graphics, better than anything the 360 can offer.

MGS4 doesn't just play amazing and has a great story, it also looks AMAZING. In the 2008 Gamespot Awards. MGS4 not only won GOTY, but also won best technical graphics for 2008. Beating contestants such as Crysis: Warhead, an amazing feat. Unfortunately, Gears of War 2 (360's best looking game) was not even nominated for the award. But don't take Gamespot's word for it, MGS4 also won best graphics at Spikes VGA, beating yet again Crysis: Warhead and this time Gears of War 2 easily.

Snake is the most polarizing character in history, if perfection were to take human form, Snake would be it.

With such determination and conviction that no other character in gaming, cinema or literature possess, Solid Snake is certainly the most amazing character the world has ever seen. Salute to you Solid Snake you have earned it.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
This should be fun.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I disagree.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silent-Hal

And this is the best game in the history of mankind:

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aku101

I disagree.

JangoWuzHere

Explain yourself.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Meh, the story and characters were ridiculous, Akiba/Meyrl scene was laughable in a bad way, and gameplay was boring. MGS1, 2 (yes, 2), and 3 were better.

tekkenlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tekkenlaw
Member since 2004 • 9598 Posts

I don't know how to feel about it, on one hand I feel it's the best mgs game by a good margin, on the other hand act 3 as a whole, and the lack of gameplay in act 5 disapointed me quite a bit. I think it is my favorite game of the gen, Demon's Souls is close though.

There just wasn't nearly enough classic mgs action outside the first two acts, not the best game ever, not enough gameplay for it to have that title. It may however have been the best expierience ever in a game.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
That's not how you spell Deus Ex. Regardless, I'm getting my popcorn ready.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

Of all time? nope, this gen? yes.

It is the best game this gen, Uncharted 2 and GTAIV comes really close.

Games that have the potential to surpass MGS4.

• Heavy Rain.
  • Alan Wake.
  • FFXIII.
  • The last guardian.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

too many 20-30 min cut scenes imo, i thought it was the worst of the series

but i did enjoy the boss fights alot

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Uno on xbox live is better; fewer cutscenes.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Aku101

topgunmv

Did Uno score a 10.0 though?

my_name_is_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 my_name_is_ron
Member since 2005 • 5549 Posts

The day the bomb dropped: June 12, 2008 AKA D-Day for the 360.

When mgs4 came out it immediately received praise and glamorous reviews from every gaming journalist. On a certain website known as Gamespot.com. MGS4 scored the impossible

Aku101

i could've sworn gta 4 'scored the impossibe' on gamespot about 3 months before metal gear solid 4did...

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Am I the only that finds MGS4 to be the weakest in the series? MGS 2,3 and 1 were so much better when it came to story and characters.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
i lol'd Sad thing is MGS4 isn't even the best MGS.
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts
Of all time? No, i dont think so. Not even the best in the series.
RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Best story in a game: Planescape: Torment.
Best stealth gameplay:Thief II: The Metal Age.

Metal Gear Solid 4 can be an awesome game, but it's far from being the best game ever.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Aku101

Am I the only that finds MGS4 to be the weakest in the series? MGS 2,3 and 1 were so much better when it came to story and characters.

jasonharris48

They were good but not as good as MGS4. In mgs1 the faces were just a giant pixel.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 topgunmv

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

Aku101

Did Uno score a 10.0 though?

Sorry I don't play numbers, especially gamespot numbers.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silent-Hal

My personal order would probably go MGS3 > MGS4 > MGS2 > MGS1. The only reason I didn't enjoy the first one as much was because I played it quite a while after it had been released and it felt really dated in comparison.

lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts

while i have not yet played mgs4, and have no desire to, saying it is the best game in the history of mankind is just ignorant. no single game can be called the best, simply because there are many really great ones out there and people have a variety of tastes.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Aku101

That's not how you spell Deus Ex. Regardless, I'm getting my popcorn ready.mo0ksi

if it weren't for the original MGS and playstation 1, Deus Ex would not have existed. Deus Ex and many other games owe their existence to mgs and sony.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

was good but TC clearly has never ever played MGS1 which is the daddy of all the MGS games and still by a good shot the best imho the order goes

MGS1>MGS2>MGS4>MGS3

I know a lot of peoplewill wtf but MGS1 and 2 just had this what could you say aura to them like they really pushed it for their times and i loved 2's narrative a lot and it introduced characters like vamp and raiden where as i just couldnt get into MGS3 as easily i completed it and shelved it literally 4's the same cept for extra wep runthroughs.

Where as 1 i can keep going back to i dont feel i can do the same with 4, i know its dated but in every sense that game just hammers MGS4 its narrative,the gameplay was much crueler and more methodical in areas and the fact it really was the game that really started the stealth genre.Dont get me wrong 4 is good but its not 10/10 good its more an 8/10.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Silent-Hal

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]That's not how you spell Deus Ex. Regardless, I'm getting my popcorn ready.Aku101

if it weren't for the original MGS and playstation 1, Deus Ex would not have existed. Deus Ex and many other games owe their existence to mgs and sony.

Oh no you didn't.
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

Aku101

They were good but not as good as MGS4. In mgs1 the faces were just a giant pixel.

What about twin snakes on the gamecube
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

Aku101

I'm not speaking of graphics. I could care less about the graphics when it comes to a Metal Gear game. I'm speaking on behalf of the plot annd characters. Of course MGS4 does beat them in the game play department.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
Well I certainly want that Big Boss outfit in the pic. :P Also I loved MGS4. It's just that in some places the story got a little confusing. It's not that the story was "bad" it's just that there was simply too much of it. I've always had this problem with MGS.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]That's not how you spell Deus Ex. Regardless, I'm getting my popcorn ready.Aku101

and where do you get this from? how do you know Dues ex is primarily influenced by MGS you do know it wasnt the first to do it.But instead the first to do it well.

Last time i checked MGS was made by Konami so why would they owe anything to sony?

Flawed Fanboy Logic much?

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

Nidget

What about twin snakes on the gamecube

They were okay for their time still not as good as the ps2 version. Anyways most of the characters in mgs1 and 2 are in mgs4.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

Aku101

yes and look at the diffrence in hardware powerif you can suddenly make a PS1 play crysis at high come back instead of speaking rubbish and at the same time making yourself look like a graphics whore aswell as a fanboy.At that time im being honest i remember it well i was like wow holy sh*t that looks awesome bit like MGS4 in 2008 it was basically its equivelant in 1999 thats what 10 years ago when we were in our infancy in 3d game making when you think about it.

you lot should be banished to some small planet...blarggh.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

hoh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii its aku again lol which means this entire thread is moot

he probably only played MGS4 if even that and never touched the rest of the series

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#34 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
This should be fun.Silent-Hal
I agree with you.
IppoTenma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 IppoTenma
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
...This is a joke, right? Right? If not your the biggest fanboy I've ever encountered. This is worse than the time some guy said that Madworld is the only good game on the Wii. (Lulz worthy.)
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpiritOfFire117

hoh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii its aku again lol which means this entire thread is moot

tutt3r
As much as I like MGS I have to agree.
Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Aku101

Meh, the story and characters were ridiculous, Akiba/Meyrl scene was laughable in a bad way, and gameplay was boring. MGS1, 2 (yes, 2), and 3 were better.

BioShockOwnz

how was their scene bad? I thoguht it was realyl well-done and romantic. If a situation like that occured in real-life that's how I would imagine proposals would go. Many people do that when facing death.

variablasted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 variablasted
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

I just want to comment on how that lady in the first photo has a very nice bum =}

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#40 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
best game in this gen : no best game in the history of mankind : :lol: .........................no
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SpiritOfFire117
yes. totally a rape in the face of every xbox guylloveLamp
I have a feeling you won't be here long. ;)
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

I disagree.

Aku101

Explain yourself.

Well i agree with Jango its no where near the best game in the history of mankind.
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 topgunmv

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

SpiritOfFire117

Awesome sig.

Aku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Aku101

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]That's not how you spell Deus Ex. Regardless, I'm getting my popcorn ready.razgriz_101

and where do you get this from? how do you know Dues ex is primarily influenced by MGS you do know it wasnt the first to do it.But instead the first to do it well.

Last time i checked MGS was made by Konami so why would they owe anything to sony?

have you played deus ex? many of its gameplay elements especially the stealth was a direct copypasta from mgs.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="tutt3r"]

Awesome sig.

lol Thanks. My appreciation to Stevo. :D
aku1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 aku1O1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
What no way TC MGS4 sucks balls and so does the ps3! XBOX 360 ftw!!!!!!!! lolololololol your argument is stupid halo 3 looks waaaaaaay better TC has no idea in fact MGS owes is around only b/c of halo Why buy a ps3 when you can get a 360? can play dvd and cd has a cool green button stronger cables its white so you know its superior all for a low price of 299!
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I don't know where to begin.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jasonharris48

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Aku101"]

Aku101

have you played deus ex? many of its gameplay elements especially the stealth was a direct copypasta from mgs.

Actually the stealth elements from Dues EX seem a lot similar to Thief.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#49 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

It's not even the best game on the PS3. I enjoyed Uncharted 2 more because it felt more action packed and had no 30 minute cut scenes.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 topgunmv

*nonsensical drivel*aku1O1

You know when you make a new account mods can still tell who you are right?