Why does Gran Turismo take forever to come out?

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#101 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Because a masterpiece requires time and dedication. Is that so hard to understand?

Cheleman

Sorry, but a game that contains such fugly cars is not a masterpiece by any stretch.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#102 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Because PD must be a disorganized team.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Because a masterpiece requires time and dedication. Is that so hard to understand?

funsohng

Forza 3 didn't take that long to make...

sigh_zps4b8f21f3.gif

Sweetheart, do you even know the definition of the word "masterpiece"?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
4 forza titles in a gen is too much... 1 should have been made to lay down the foundation and a 2nd to blow everything out of the water. The same way gt1 + gt2 and gt3 + gt4 did it. I dont expect a gt6 in this gen though
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Cheleman

Forza 3 didn't take that long to make...

Sweetheart, do you even know the definition of the word "masterpiece"?

Oh was it so hard to understand? It's called Forza 3
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
4 forza titles in a gen is too much...campzor
I would rather buy 4 GREAT Forza Games than buy a $40 Demo,a Stripped down PSP version and an Unfinished Game (GT5) that scored only .5 higher than the Demo. ;)
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

GreySeal9

Sorry, but a game that contains such fugly cars is not a masterpiece by any stretch.

Indeed.GT5 Standard Cars do look like Sh!t :lol:
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 jessejay420

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]

Gran_Turismo_5_h_ssliche_Standard_Autos_

Nuck81

Just a bit outside there Poindexter. Should have guessed it would be a moron like you post that pic.

This is what that car really looks like.

i3los.jpg

I would show you how it looks in the Forza games, but, it's not in there.....

Only a Moron like you would think that Ugly Car or any standard car for that matter,looks better than Forza 3 Cars :lol:
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Oh was it so hard to understand? It's called Forza 3funsohng

Pity. Failed to answer my question:(

Cute pic btw. I can see your resemblance:)

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Because the folks at Polyphony Digital are supposed "perfectionists" even though their most recent release was unfinished after about 5 years of development.

The_Game21x

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

much smaller team than Turn 10 and not to mention that the PS3's supposed to be hard to code.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]4 forza titles in a gen is too much...jessejay420
I would rather buy 4 GREAT Forza Games than buy a $40 Demo,a Stripped down PSP version and an Unfinished Game (GT5) that scored only .5 higher than the Demo. ;)

I cow can do the same thing lems are doing by buying GT5 4 times.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

4 forza titles in a gen is too much... 1 should have been made to lay down the foundation and a 2nd to blow everything out of the water. The same way gt1 + gt2 and gt3 + gt4 did it. I dont expect a gt6 in this gen thoughcampzor

last gen we had 4 gt games (concept,4 prolouge,3,4) and 3 this gen (GT5P,PSP,5).

Not really fair to say theres been too much forza even though GT done it aswell :P

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#114 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
It took them so long because they built a brand new engine from the ground up to work on PS3 and as we all know the PS3 is a developers nightmare so it naturally took a while. It's done now and all that remains is to port the engine to the PS4 architecture so we SHOULD get a new GT every 2 years from now on. SHOULD.....
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#115 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="campzor"]4 forza titles in a gen is too much...kuraimen

I cow can do the same thing lems are doing by buying GT5 4 times.

That's just sad. Buying an inferior product 4 times instead of buying one superior forza game.

rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

Defining the quality of racing sims solely based on the graphics/amount of cars, it could be just me but I find that beyond pathetic.

spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

Hey...It takes a lot of elbow grease and stick-to-it-iveness to actually polish a turd... and kudos to Polyphany for passing off to the unsuspecting these foul smelling zirconias for diamonds

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#118 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

You're an idiot.

Really, this garbage you're spewing doesn't deserve a response, but it is to be expected from someone who is bitter that GT has been dethroned.

Also, your criticisms of Forza's visuals don't matter much when critics praise the visuals.

Nuck81

Seriously.

There isn't a standard car in GT5 that can hold its own with any of Forza 3's cars in any setting, much less 4 or Horizon's.

But then again, this is the same guy who maintains that Forza is a casual/arcade racer despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary so I'm just convinced he's a little slow on the uptake.

:lol:

Forza 3 doesn't even have movable spoilers.

Forza 3

GT5

Forza 4 can't compete with GT5 in lighting, in car detail, or on track detail and accuracy.

And? Forza 4 does have active aero.

Forza 3 also has fully detailed cockpits for every one of its 500+ cars, a feat GT5 can't even get close to.

And please. Forza 4's cockpits are as detailed or more so than GT5's best.

Also, did you even look at your pictures? I will freely admit that Forza 3 and 4 can't compete with GT5 in some instances in terms of lighting but the track detail? What? The Forza 3 pic is far more detailed than the GT5 one. The grass actually looks a bit like grass instead of the amorphous green blob in the GT5 pic. Forza 3 and 4 both are far more detailed than GT5 is, barring a few exceptions like the Nurburgring.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#119 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Seriously.

There isn't a standard car in GT5 that can hold its own with any of Forza 3's cars in any setting, much less 4 or Horizon's.

But then again, this is the same guy who maintains that Forza is a casual/arcade racer despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary so I'm just convinced he's a little slow on the uptake.

The_Game21x

Forza 3

GT5

Forza 4 can't compete with GT5 in lighting, in car detail, or on track detail and accuracy.

Forza 3 also has fully detailed cockpits for every one of its 500+ cars, a feat GT5 can't even get close to.

Also, did you even look at your pictures? I will freely admit that Forza 3 and 4 can't compete with GT5 in some instances in terms of lighting but the track detail? What? The Forza 3 pic is far more detailed than the GT5 one. The grass actually looks a bit like grass instead of the amorphous green blob in the GT5 pic. Forza 3 and 4 both are far more detailed than GT5 is, barring a few exceptions like the Nurburgring.

Only a desperate fanboy would say something like that. Even Forza 4's Premium cars, you know the models that you can't drive anywhere else in a special mode because the game can't handle it, aren't as detailed inside or out as GT5's Premiums.

Let me post those pics again.

Protip!!= The last pic is real life on the same Corner of Tsukuba just facing the other direction.

But go ahead fanboy, Bu....Bu....Bu.....Bu.....

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

audi-r8-interior-02.jpg

Dunlop2.jpg

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#120 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

^Nice self ownage.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 The_Game21x

^Nice self ownage.

Michael0134567

Indeed.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 PAL360

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

Forza 3

GT5

Nuck81

Only a desperate fanboy would say something like that. Even Forza 4's Premium cars, you know the models that you can't drive anywhere else in a special mode because the game can't handle it, aren't as detailed inside or out as GT5's Premiums.

Forza 4 normal models look as good as GT5 premium ones. Who cares, anyway, Forza Horizon looks better than both!

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

gran turismo has the longest dev cycle of any arcade racer in history. Guess they have to figure out how to make it run on ps3's crippled 256mb RAM

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

Forza 3

GT5

Nuck81

Protip!!= The last pic is real life on the same Corner of Tsukuba just facing the other direction.

Notice how I didn't even mention Forza 4's Autovista cars?

And please, if you actually think GT5's Ferrari 458 can compare to Forza's Autovista 458, you're more of a moron than I thought. Try actually playing Forza 4 before you bash it. You might not end up shoving your foot in your mouth.

And let's look at a couple other pics from the Kotaku article whose pics you can't stop quoting.

Forza 4

Forza 4 1

GT5

GT5 1

Amorphous green blob vs actual textures. Yeah, GT5's is more detailed. :roll:

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Because even when they have an unlimited budget and almost an entire generation to develop, they still manage to show the world that Japanese developers are utterly useless.

Japanese devlopers are a cancer and I'm so thankful that their failure doesn't affect the western market.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

PAL360

Forza 4 normal models look as good as GT5 premium ones. Who cares, anyway, Forza Horizon looks better than both!

Seriously.

And Forza 4 has 600+ fully detailed cars. GT5 maybe has about 240 and 800 up rezzed PS2 cars.

I've seen some blind fanboys in my day but this Nuck81 guy takes the cake. Maybe he should actually try playing Forza 4 before opening his mouth.

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey... it takes a long time to half ass EVERYTHING

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]:lol:

The_Game21x

Seriously.

And Forza 4 has 600+ fully detailed cars. GT5 maybe has about 240 and 800 up rezzed PS2 cars.

I've seen some blind fanboys in my day but this Nuck81 guy takes the cake. Maybe he should actually try playing Forza 4 before opening his mouth.

Yep, let's not forget other visual aspects, like the environments. The most recent Forza games have far more detailed environments than GT5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

And please, if you actually think GT5's Ferrari 458 can compare to Forza's Autovista 458, you're more of a moron than I thought. Try actually playing Forza 4 before you bash it. You might not end up shoving your foot in your mouth.

And let's look at a couple other pics from the Kotaku article whose pics you can't stop quoting.

Forza 4

Forza 4 1

GT5

GT5 1

hahahahaha it looks just like the real life grass at the real life tsukuba Skolnik!!! You're so sad, those pics prove how innaccurate Forza 4 is. Just Sad.

I also love how you glossed over the fact that the Pics of Forza 4 feature no dynamic lighting (Can't handle it), and has a dark interior to hide the lack of detail in the Audi Cockpit. Bu....Bu.....Bu.... The Grass!!!!

Oh yeah the Grass that is more accurate in GT5 to real life.insidelastcorner.jpg

Try again Gilbert

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

PAL360

Seriously.

Yep, let's not forget other visual aspects, like the environments. The most recent Forza games have far more detailed environments than GT5.

When the folks at Digital Foundry call your game "best in class" for visual fidelity (Forza Horizon of course), you know you've got something great on your hands.

Every time I play Forza Horizon it gives me a new reason to be impressed.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Nuck81

Forza 4

Forza 4 1

GT5

GT5 1

hahahahaha it looks just like the real life grass at the real life tsukuba Skolnik!!! You're so sad, those pics prove how innaccurate Forza 4 is. Just Sad.

I also love how you glossed over the fact that the Pics of Forza 4 feature no dynamic lighting (Can't handle it), and has a dark interior to hide the lack of detail in the Audi Cockpit. Bu....Bu.....Bu.... The Grass!!!!

Oh yeah the Grass that is more accurate in GT5 to real life.

Try again Gilbert

What did that pic have to do with anything? Geez, are you so delusional that you can't even stay on topic?

Forza 4's interiors are as good or better than GT5's with great lighting and shadowing. I already admitted that Forza 4's lighting is not quite as good as GT5's but its shadowing and interior detail are both better. You may not want to accept it but it's true. It's okay to be in denial once in a while.

Here's a picture of the Forza 4 Audi TTRS interior, just for the record.

Forza 4 Audi interior

And hey, you were the one saying GT5's tracks were more detailed. Don't get mad at me for proving you wrong.

But check out this GT5 interior view.

GT5 Interior

Gotta love that detail and all those high res textures! :lol:

And here's another!

Interior Standard

Gotta love that detailing!

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Seriously.

The_Game21x

When the folks at Digital Foundry call your game "best in class" for visual fidelity (Forza Horizon of course), you know you've got something great on your hands.

Every time I play Forza Horizon it gives me a new reason to be impressed.

I only played the demo (will get the full game soon), but damn, it's a looker indeed. And let's not forget it's flawless performance!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-5e9044657a310

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Forza 4

Forza 4 1

GT5

GT5 1

The_Game21x

Try again Gilbert

What did that pic have to do with anything? Geez, are you so delusional that you can't even stay on topic?

Forza 4's interiors are as good or better than GT5's with great lighting and shadowing. I already admitted that Forza 4's lighting is not quite as good as GT5's but its shadowing and interior detail are both better. You may not want to accept it but it's true. It's okay to be in denial once in a while.

Forza 4 Audi interior

And hey, you were the one saying GT5's tracks were more detailed. Don't get mad at me for proving you wrong.

GT5 Interior

And here's another!

Interior Standard

:lol: Standard Cars!! I guess if that is all you have, then you will keep coming back to the same old argument. It's like when as a little boy every time you felt insecure you started sucking your thumb. Run on back to momma!!! It's all I got!!!!
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Forza 4 Audi interior

GT5 Interior

And here's another!

Interior Standard

Nuck81

:lol: Standard Cars!! I guess if that is all you have, then you will keep coming back to the same old argument. It's like when as a little boy every time you felt insecure you started sucking your thumb. Run on back to momma!!! It's all I got!!!!

You're the one who started the whole cherry picking nonsense saying Forza 4 doesn't have good lighting and good interiors based on one picture, which I proved false. What's that they say about turnabout being fair play?

And you? Saying I run back to the same old arguments? You? Mr. Broken Record? How many times do you use the "bu...bu...Forza 4 only scored .5 higher! :cry:" and "bu...bu...innacurate tracks!!! :cry:" even though the only one you even have a shred of evidence for is the Nurburgring or the "bu...bu...inferior lighting! :cry:" argument no matter how many times I say GT5 has better lighting than Forza 4 or the "bu...bu...standard cars look as good as Forza 4's cars" argument which is just beyond stupid.

And I'm the one who beats dead horses? Really?

Get a life dude. Every Forza game is more critically acclaimed than GT5 and sites that have seat time in real cars say Forza 4 is more realistic. All you have is the sales and lighting arguments.

Go cry in a corner with your copy of GT5. Maybe that'll make you feel better.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 PAL360

:lol: Standard Cars!!Nuck81

I know, they are hilarious :lol:

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#136 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

^So much ownage :lol:. How can someone be so delusional?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#138 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Wow even the grass textures in Forza dont get watered... Just shows how tight MSs grip on the spending is.
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Nuck81

Forza 4

Forza 4 1

GT5

GT5 1

Oh yeah the Grass that is more accurate in GT5 to real life.insidelastcorner.jpg

Try again Gilbert

Wow....now you're only making a fool of yourself...for your own sake and what little self respect you have left please consult an optometrist pronto
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

All I know is that cars look better in Gran Turismo 5.

But they're both good games.

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 percuvius2

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]

Nuck81

Just a bit outside there Poindexter. Should have guessed it would be a moron like you post that pic.

i3los.jpg

Damn shame it's not in there, we probably got stuck with a Ferrari instead.What I wouldn't give for an economy ricer like that......

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#142 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

GT5

GT5 1

The_Game21x

looks like while poly was recycling cars from ps2 games, they also thought "screw it we might as well reuse the ps2 textures for the track too" :lol:

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#143 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

Try again Gilbert

Nuck81

Forza 4 Audi interior

GT5 Interior

And here's another!

Interior Standard

these guys are desperate. They say that the standard cars look like crap but they can't even tell the difference when they compare them to the cheap plastic toy interiors of Forza. XD

I'm really interested to see howThe_Game21x (aka the ridiculous spin master)is gonna spin this self-ownage! :lol:

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 The_Game21x

these guys are desperate. They say that the standard cars look like crap but they can't even tell the difference when they compare them to the cheap plastic toy interiors of Forza. XD

Gue1

You should actually try playing Forza some time, you'll look less stupid when you try to talk about it.

And please. Forza's interiors look as good or better than GT5's. Maybe if you actually tried playing Forza 4 or Horizon you'd realize this.

EDIT: I'm the spin master, eh? Nice.

And the green/blue race car picture I linked? That's from a standard car, you moron. Some of the open air models were given some cheap low res interior models instead of having none or a completely black interior like the others. And oh boy, if you actually think that interior model looks as good or better than any of Forza's interiors then you're more in need of a pair of glasses than I thought.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#145 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

awww it's cute when delusional sony drones back each other up. :lol:

cow moto - keep feeding yourself your own bs and eventually you might actually believe it. :lol:

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 percuvius2

Takes forever to file transfer all those cars from the ps2 over to the ps3 server

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#147 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I'm really interested to see howThe_Game21x (aka the ridiculous spin master)is gonna spin this self-ownage! :lol:

Gue1

The standard cars DO look like crap.Anybody who denies that has such incredibly low standards that their opinion should be ignored by reasonable people with working eyes.

People arguing for Forza are not the deseperate ones since their game is one that's aknowledged to be the king.It's the people like you who are bitter that Gran Turismo got dethroned that are desperate. But you guys should grow up and realize that one franchise can't keep the crown forever. Times change.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Forza 4 Audi interior

GT5 Interior

And here's another!

Interior Standard

The_Game21x

You're the one who started the whole cherry picking nonsense saying Forza 4 doesn't have good lighting and good interiors based on one picture, which I proved false. What's that they say about turnabout being fair play?

And you? Saying I run back to the same old arguments? You? Mr. Broken Record? How many times do you use the "bu...bu...Forza 4 only scored .5 higher! :cry:" and "bu...bu...innacurate tracks!!! :cry:" even though the only one you even have a shred of evidence for is the Nurburgring or the "bu...bu...inferior lighting! :cry:" argument no matter how many times I say GT5 has better lighting than Forza 4 or the "bu...bu...standard cars look as good as Forza 4's cars" argument which is just beyond stupid.

And I'm the one who beats dead horses? Really?

Get a life dude. Every Forza game is more critically acclaimed than GT5 and sites that have seat time in real cars say Forza 4 is more realistic. All you have is the sales and lighting arguments.

Go cry in a corner with your copy of GT5. Maybe that'll make you feel better.

Pwned! :lol:
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]

percuvius2

i3los.jpg

Damn shame it's not in there, we probably got stuck with a Ferrari instead.What I wouldn't give for an economy ricer like that......

What do you expect? GT Fans are stuck with an Inferior Product ;)
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Gue1"]these guys are desperate. They say that the standard cars look like crap but they can't even tell the difference when they compare them to the cheap plastic toy interiors of Forza. XD

GreySeal9

The standard cars DO look like crap.Anybody who denies that has such incredibly low standards that their opinion should be ignored by reasonable people with working eyes.

People arguing for Forza are not the deseperate ones since their game is one that's aknowledged to be the king.It's the people like you who are bitter that Gran Turismo got dethroned that are desperate. But you guys should grow up and realize that one franchise can't keep the crown forever. Times change.

i find it funny that GT Fanboys are trying to defend ugly ps2 and psp car models. Its as funny as Fanboys trying to defend Wii's graphics.lol