Who won E3 2014? (POLL)

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Who won E3 2014? (POLL) (598 votes)

Microsoft 22%
Sony 34%
Nintendo 38%
EA 1%
Ubisoft 4%

Who?

Nintendo was funniest and showed most new games we never seen before or knew.

• 
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Ms- they was straight forward and give me no crap stats or othershit I dont want. Saw games I want this year and new. Stuff for next year

Enjoyed ms the most

Sony got stuff to, a lot of stupid time exclusive crap games for it I even remotely care about isnt coming till next year

Nintendo been showing off x for 2 years and now just said its not coming till 2015... screw them lol with the way Nintendo is we won't see that game till 2016.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I feel they all had decent conferences. Sony took the cake for me though with surprise LBP3 and showing UC4 and Bloodborne.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

E3 has only just begun. Games are not only announced during the press conference's ya know.

darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts

Ubisoft probably had the most stuff I look forward to playing. Between the consoles I didn't really go nuts for any exclusive on the PS3/Xbone but for Wiiu I like the look of Splatoon and Smash Bros.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@emgesp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Nintendo won, but still not with a big margin imo.

Nintendo 7/10

Sony 6/10

MS 6/10

Outside Zelda that Nintendo direct sucked. A lot of those games looked like glorified indie titles. Yoshi's Yarn and that Squid Game aren't worth $60.

Lol true but compared with the rest, I thought it was (a bit) better. Why? They showed more exclusives than Sony or MS.

Just having more exclusives doesn't automatically give you the win. They have to be exclusives that people actually care about, or want. Yoshi, Toad and that Squid game are not at all appealing to me.

They should have shown the new Star Fox game and where the hell is Metroid? How do you end your conference with such a kiddie game that will likely sell badly?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts

Wow, this place really is cow land. Nintendo won no contest.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#158 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@TigerSuperman: No, you stop. Don't hate the messenger. How'd you expect MS to win when they had like no surprises or huge games that wasn't multiplat? They ended their show with Crackdown for crying out loud.

You are not the messenger, you're bulling crap out your behind.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

How do the sony fans still support Sony's E3... it was mostly multiplatform which they labelled "exclusive" and they are supporting F2P games. Months ago consolites were complaining about PC having F2P games and they're crud. Now the PS4 is endorsing this strategy. Such a foul move by Sony.

Bubba03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Bubba03
Member since 2003 • 477 Posts

Who ever thinks Sony won is literally out of their minds and in denial. MS showed us what we wanted to see, games games and more games! Sony did what MS did last year by announcing tv stuff and the camera and now suddenly to Sony fans that was the victory GTFO. To everyone with a PS4 or intentions of getting, Sony could have had a 5 game conference and would have still declared a victory in their eyes. Uncharted 4 is the only thing to look forward to for the PS4 and you'll be lucky to get it mid 2015.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
@Bubba03 said:

Who ever thinks Sony won is literally out of their minds and in denial. MS showed us what we wanted to see, games games and more games! Sony did what MS did last year by announcing tv stuff and the camera and now suddenly to Sony fans that was the victory GTFO. To everyone with a PS4 or intentions of getting, Sony could have had a 5 game conference and would have still declared a victory in their eyes. Uncharted 4 is the only thing to look forward to for the PS4 and you'll be lucky to get it mid 2015.

20 minutes near the end of the conference and you forget everything they showed/announced before/after that announcement.

You're right though, it doesn't take much to be better than MS's showing.

1. LBP3 coming this year

2. Bloodborne

3. Uncharted 4

4. The Order

5. Actual exclusive content for games instead of just "get DLC first".

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Bubba03 said:

Wow, all those CGI trailers for stuff you're getting in 2016.

Sony also had games for 90 minutes and there was a more diverse range of them too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife bwhahaha I told you the results would speak for themselves. even nintendo was more interesting.

Microsoft franchises are weak... even Halo is not the industry topper it once was.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6238 Posts

Microsoft showed the most games overall, exclusive games and no boring stuff.

Sony showed TV stuff and camera gimmicks which according to most people on here is a bad thing and showed less games, less exclusives, but did have some good stuff.

Being honest I haven't seen Nintendo yet.

Please tell me how Sony could possibly win this poll.

Might as well be a vote on the number of fanboys.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Easily Sony.. they showed game after game after game it was game announcements one after the other:

• Bloodborne
  • Infamous First Light ( Stand alone game ) stand alone DLC. Get it right.
  • LBP3 ( my most wanted game right now for this year ) Not even from MM. Has rushjob written all over it.
  • Ratchet and Clank Re-imagine
  • Uncharted 4
  • Intwined Absolutely boring.
  • Suda51 game
  • The Order ( truly hyped for this ) lmao
  • a bunch of timed exclusive indie games They're not even timed exclusive.
  • bunch of exclusive DLC content
  • PSVita TV $99
  • White PS4 bundle
  • PSNow Open Beta next month
  • BF4 Hardline beta available right now for PS4 owners
  • a lot of focus on free to play games with one of the highest scoring F2P game planetside 2 coming to PS4
  • all that not counting the epic multiplats which will be better on PS4

9.5/10

You're such a stupid cow.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Quality > Quantity

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#167 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14422 Posts

Sony of course. Sony continues to deliver once again. All aboard the hype train.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 I_can_haz

ITT: Salty lem tears.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

Going by Press Conferences, they were all good. ALTHOUGH... Sony's was way too long before they started showing the big guns. Nintendo's was way too short, but yet there's a ton of games on the show floor that we're even mentioned in their digital event...? Microsoft's was probably the most entertaining, was just the right length and I came away with a very positive outlook for the Xbox One.

However, the biggest splash was made by the Zelda Wii U announcement. We all knew it would be there, I know what everyone hoped for regarding this title, but I don't think anyone actually expected Nintendo to carry out what so many of us have been demanding for years; an open world Zelda game. I'm excited! And frightend too, because there's still a lot about the game we don't know. Never the less, that reveal was truly THE heart-stopper!

EDIT: One more thing I'd like to add, I didn't like Sony's announcements regarding all the new peripherals. If it didn't come in the box, I don't want it. It's just too much money overall and I don't want to have to piece together a console, you know?

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Gaming media and gamers have clearly chosen Sony.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

Sony, wasn't even a fair contest.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#172  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Last night I would have voted MS. Then I watched the Nintendo Direct a little while ago. So....

1. Nintendo
  2. MS
  3. Sony
  4. EA (if it weren't for DA and ME they would probably be in 5th place)
  5. Ubi

(Of course no one should expect anyone but Sony to win on Cowspot.)

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By coasterguy65

@effec_tor said:

Expecting the gaming media to say something bad about Sony is sort of like expecting the mainstream media to say something bad about Obama. It's not going to happen.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#174  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I don't know, there's just so much to look forward to.

Stupid fanboys.

Sonicplys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Sonicplys
Member since 2004 • 2603 Posts

Nintendo won.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 I_can_haz

@coasterguy65 said:

@effec_tor said:

Expecting the gaming media to say something bad about Sony is sort of like expecting the mainstream media to say something bad about Obama. It's not going to happen.

"b...bu......bu.....bu....but teh biased mainstream media!!1"

#SDC #DominationHasWon #Believe #PS4FTW

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Sony for me: Bloodbourne, LittleBigPlanet3, and Uncharted won me over. I know From Software won't disappoint with Bloodbourne, and the Souls games are my favorite ever. Nintendo comes in a close second, Yoshi Yarn and the new Kirby look like pure fun. Thirdly Ubisoft, they have a great catalogue of solid franchises. Assassin's Creed looks great and so does Far Cry.

cantloginnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 cantloginnow
Member since 2013 • 381 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Wow, this place really is cow land. Nintendo won no contest.

Yes it is but let them have this,they need it,the foreseeable future looks like a turd for the Cows.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

I didn't think Nintendo or MS's conferences were slouches by any means, but Sony, IMO, had the strongest one.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Jesus people are really jumping through hoops to say that nintendo didn't win.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 coasterguy65

@I_can_haz said:

@coasterguy65 said:

@effec_tor said:

"b...bu......bu.....bu....but teh biased mainstream media!!1"

#SDC #DominationHasWon #Believe #PS4FTW

I'm sure you actually do believe everything the news tells you. Just like you believe everything Sony tells you...it's ok you will grow out of it one day.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

Sony's E3 win shows why they have been the dominant console company since 1994 with the brief exception that the Wii craze was in full force at the start of last gen. Sony's E3 win is all the more impressive when you factor in they will be going on to have huge reveals at both Tokyo Game Show and Gamerscons later this year thanks to their massive first party developer lineup combined with the largest third party support. The confirmed realtime PS4 Uncharted footage to close the conference was absolutely perfect with Xbox fans screaming fake CGI. You would think Sony is paying Xbox fans for the fantastic PR.

Nintendo's conference was great but lacked the much needed price cut for the Wii U to make it the default second console to gamers PS4s this gen. An aggressive price cut to 200 dollars would have had masses of gamers heading out to pick up Wii Us to sit alongside their PS4s. At its current price it is too expensive and the amazing big Nintendo franchises will be just as good a year or two from now when it finally drops in price.

Microsoft bombing was no surprise - more Halo crap, multiplat after multiplat that there is no reason to buy an overpriced and graphically weak Xbox One for, CGI trailers. etc. Microsoft's already tiny first party developer lineup was painfully clear with Microsoft's lack of exclusives - and worsened even further with the failure of Kinect and all internal Kinect focused first party efforts. With the PS4 already double the Xbox One's installed base it is already way too expensive for Microsoft to buy more than a few third party exclusives.

Sony really didn't need to do much at this year's E3 with the PS4 being the fastest selling console in history. Winning E3 makes it clear the PS4 is unstoppable this gen.

Nintendo will have to wait to see the Wii U will get any significant sales bump after their great showing.

Microsoft did nothing to turn around the failing Xbox One. With the lack of the RRoD massively inflating their installed base numbers this gen the Xbox One is heading for first Xbox installed base numbers.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

nintendo then Ms and last sony really who the hell cares about movies, we want games

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

I've been on System Wars for years and this is the first time I'm voting for Nintendo.

For me this year was: Nintendo >>>> Microsoft > Sony

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6238 Posts

@gfxpipeline said:

Sony's E3 win shows why they have been the dominant console company since 1994 with the brief exception that the Wii craze was in full force at the start of last gen. Sony's E3 win is all the more impressive when you factor in they will be going on to have huge reveals at both Tokyo Game Show and Gamerscons later this year thanks to their massive first party developer lineup combined with the largest third party support. The confirmed realtime PS4 Uncharted footage to close the conference was absolutely perfect with Xbox fans screaming fake CGI. You would think Sony is paying Xbox fans for the fantastic PR.

Nintendo's conference was great but lacked the much needed price cut for the Wii U to make it the default second console to gamers PS4s this gen. An aggressive price cut to 200 dollars would have had masses of gamers heading out to pick up Wii Us to sit alongside their PS4s. At its current price it is too expensive and the amazing big Nintendo franchises will be just as good a year or two from now when it finally drops in price.

Microsoft bombing was no surprise - more Halo crap, multiplat after multiplat that there is no reason to buy an overpriced and graphically weak Xbox One for, CGI trailers. etc. Microsoft's already tiny first party developer lineup was painfully clear with Microsoft's lack of exclusives - and worsened even further with the failure of Kinect and all internal Kinect focused first party efforts. With the PS4 already double the Xbox One's installed base it is already way too expensive for Microsoft to buy more than a few third party exclusives.

Sony really didn't need to do much at this year's E3 with the PS4 being the fastest selling console in history. Winning E3 makes it clear the PS4 is unstoppable this gen.

Nintendo will have to wait to see the Wii U will get any significant sales bump after their great showing.

Microsoft did nothing to turn around the failing Xbox One. With the lack of the RRoD massively inflating their installed base numbers this gen the Xbox One is heading for first Xbox installed base numbers.

Microsoft had more exclusives (take a moment to take that in) and Uncharted 4 was not real time gameplay you fell for the clever use of words. Used the game engine but not real time.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@emgesp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@emgesp said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Nintendo won, but still not with a big margin imo.

Nintendo 7/10

Sony 6/10

MS 6/10

Outside Zelda that Nintendo direct sucked. A lot of those games looked like glorified indie titles. Yoshi's Yarn and that Squid Game aren't worth $60.

Lol true but compared with the rest, I thought it was (a bit) better. Why? They showed more exclusives than Sony or MS.

Just having more exclusives doesn't automatically give you the win. They have to be exclusives that people actually care about, or want. Yoshi, Toad and that Squid game are not at all appealing to me.

They should have shown the new Star Fox game and where the hell is Metroid? How do you end your conference with such a kiddie game that will likely sell badly?

You're right about that. Don't get me wrong, nintendo's conference wasn't special at all on it's own but I think it's a bit better even when some of those exclusives are of debatable quality.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Microsoft had a very straight forward message. Here are the games you're going to be able to play this year, here's the great indies coming soon, and here's what's coming in 2015. Few words were said, as they had to many games to show. A-

Sony on the other hand bounced all over the place, showed lots of GC trailers and used misleading phrases like "console debut" which was not used to highlight the fact that its coming to PS first but rather to make the average bear think its only available for PS. On top of that they did the unthinkable; they talked about TV. This site for over a year has bashed TV up and down and now its ok?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@underdog123x said:

The saddest part here is that because Sony's conference was a train wreck, most Sony fanboys are backing up Nintendo to try to sooth the ass whooping MS gave Sony.

Essentially Sony fans want to call it a draw when Sony clearly lost.

Yeah Sonys conference had a poor tone. It was tiring listening to all the "only on Playstation" "exclusive to Playstation" etc etc etc. Uncharted was the saving grace of their show. The Order looked fantastic, but it looks just like an uncharted clone from what I saw. And while Microsoft didn't fair much better, the only thing of note for me was a Halo collection. I mean c'mon, at least give a TEASER of Halo 5. It makes me think the game is a LONG ways off. The was both of these companies are conducting themselves is very off putting to me.

Nintendo on the other hand seems to be on the rise. Not all the games interested me--Yoshi for example--but showing the process and giving interviews with the creators really made them shine as a company. They ARE the developers behind the games on their console. It is a shame that they don't get more 3rd party support. Zelda, from what was spoken about it, sounds like a feat to undertake. They just seem to be finding their ground again, especially in light of how fantastic Mario Kart 8 is. If these games take a little longer to arrive to reach that quality, I'd gladly wait.

...Has any footage of Starfox been released?

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

Sony probably would have won if their conference was only an hour and a half.

Both companies showed many games for their consoles. There wasn't a clear winner. Sony did enough to continue their success & MS didn't do enough to make more people want their console more than those who would've bought it any way.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#194 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9443 Posts

Gotta go with Nintendo. Lotta good PC games incoming as well.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Microsoft had a very straight forward message. Here are the games you're going to be able to play this year, here's the great indies coming soon, and here's what's coming in 2015. Few words were said, as they had to many games to show. A-

Sony on the other hand bounced all over the place, showed lots of GC trailers and used misleading phrases like "console debut" which was not used to highlight the fact that its coming to PS first but rather to make the average bear think its only available for PS. On top of that they did the unthinkable; they talked about TV. This site for over a year has bashed TV up and down and now its ok?

Both companies were similar in their approach. Sony just had some things to inform people of like the new white PS4, the TV gaming device, & exclusive stuff for games. MS has already talked about their TV service & Sony hadn't. TV crap on consoles is lame! Who said it's OK? It's a waste of time, because consoles are about gaming & TV crap is just something extra people notice after they've bought the console for gaming.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

MS by far, don't know why people were riled up for UC4's CGI trailer, you'd think a self-proclaimed graphics king as such could run those graphics in real time but not. lol.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@ladyblue said:

Lol at EA/Ubisoft

@Solid_Max13 said:

@blackace: you do realize MS showed just as much CG if not the same as Sony. obviously people are going to be biased it's system wars both companies disappointed in some way or another at the end of the day gamers win because they get their favoirte games.

He'll fight you to the end. Even though everyone is saying the opposite.

First place Nintendo

Second place Sony

Distant third MS

Everyone fights everyone on here it can either be amusing or down right sad, I mean it's just a video game console lol.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

This forum has a epidemic of cows, Sony fans are the most delusional by far, If Sony would have only showed one game the cows would still say Sony won E3 LOL.

scraper2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By scraper2k
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

Wish i could vote 2, Sony and Ubisoft won E3 easy. And counting games shown is pointless because most of the games Microsoft shown are on PS4 too.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23735 Posts

I'm still playing catch up on announcements, but it's looking like Nintendo so far.. not that they did amazing, just that it seems that MS and Sony were pretty underwhelming.

Anyways, I got to see some Zelda and some MGSV. The only two things I really cared about going into this E3, so I'm happy.