Who won E3 2014? (POLL)

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Who won E3 2014? (POLL) (598 votes)

Microsoft 22%
Sony 34%
Nintendo 38%
EA 1%
Ubisoft 4%

Who?

Nintendo was funniest and showed most new games we never seen before or knew.

• 
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#351 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

LOL at people voting for Sony. Just goes to prove that objectivity does not exist in these forums, and the majority of people here are cud chewers.

You can say that about any fan boy base......people see what they want to see here. Nothing more...nothing less.

I suppose that is true.

I suppose you objectively voted for MS this year?

Nevermind the fact they did not show off Cloud Power whatsoever despite trying to pimp that as one of the most powerful features of the console? What about their market position? Any idea what a consumer buying an XBone is actually getting as far as a long-term gaming purchase? Not a peep about Titanfall after dropping the biggest boner in E3 history on the game last year? Where's the "I'm not giving up on Japan" Microsoft at? Where's the "I have exclusive DLC for all the things" Microsoft at? No mention of growth in Live accounts?

Please tell me, after that little swipe at people who voted for Sony, that you at least had the decency to vote for Nintendo, EA, or Ubisoft. Because, if you are just pouring salty tears on the Sony fanbase, you are the cud chewer.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#352  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

The poll appears to be a horse race between Sony and Nintendo

Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#353  Edited By littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: I think MS did a great job at e3 this year. They did have the most games but overall the only two games I'd be looking forward to are Halo: Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive

Sony I thought had the least impressive e3. Like you said, lots of CG trailers, I was hoping to see some game play footage. LBP looks incredible though. I think that game is going to be really fun to play with friends. Destiny is the other must-have game IMO.

Nintendo I thought won e3. They showed the least amount of games but I think the overall quality/fun factor of the games looks more promising than most of the games that MS and Nintendo showed.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

LOL at people voting for Sony. Just goes to prove that objectivity does not exist in these forums, and the majority of people here are cud chewers.

You can say that about any fan boy base......people see what they want to see here. Nothing more...nothing less.

I suppose that is true.

I suppose you objectively voted for MS this year?

Nevermind the fact they did not show off Cloud Power whatsoever despite trying to pimp that as one of the most powerful features of the console? What about their market position? Any idea what a consumer buying an XBone is actually getting as far as a long-term gaming purchase? Not a peep about Titanfall after dropping the biggest boner in E3 history on the game last year? Where's the "I'm not giving up on Japan" Microsoft at? Where's the "I have exclusive DLC for all the things" Microsoft at? No mention of growth in Live accounts?

Please tell me, after that little swipe at people who voted for Sony, that you at least had the decency to vote for Nintendo, EA, or Ubisoft. Because, if you are just pouring salty tears on the Sony fanbase, you are the cud chewer.

I voted for Nintendo. Perhaps read all of my posts before replying?

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

The polls results was exactly what happened. But Ubisoft deserve more. Yeap Nintendo won.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@ocidax said:

The polls results was exactly what happened. But Ubisoft deserve more. Yeap Nintendo won.

yep poll reflects this year e3

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Nintendo > Sony > MS. In line with every other poll and article I've read so far.

Thoughts, lemmings?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#358 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I never like MS's press conferences because they always present everything with this obnoxious and over confident tone. But objectively, microsoft had the best conference. I don't think it's worth comparing consoles to PC at this point, PC is like that guy who's just always there, on the side. PC will have most of the more important titles so PC gamers don't have to give a shit about what's going on between Sony and Microsoft. I like how Ubisoft is releasing all of their games on PC as well, that's pretty nice of them considering their games probably get pirated like hell.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#359 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49605 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Easily Sony.. they showed game after game after game it was game announcements one after the other:

• Bloodborne
  • Infamous First Light ( Stand alone game )
  • LBP3 ( my most wanted game right now for this year )
  • Ratchet and Clank Re-imagine
  • Uncharted 4
  • Intwined
  • Suda51 game
  • The Order ( truly hyped for this )
  • a bunch of timed exclusive indie games
  • bunch of exclusive DLC content
  • PSVita TV $99
  • White PS4 bundle
  • PSNow Open Beta next month
  • BF4 Hardline beta available right now for PS4 owners
  • a lot of focus on free to play games with one of the highest scoring F2P game planetside 2 coming to PS4
  • all that not counting the epic multiplats which will be better on PS4

9.5/10

Quite the 180 I've seen from you finalstar. Hyping indie games, TV, DLC content, playing content first on PS4, and hyping multiplats? Who would have thought? Of course, we all know you would think Sony would win if they only showed hyperdimension neptunia for the whole 90 minutes so I suppose it matters not in the end.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

No Man's Sky won E3.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#361 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@effec_tor said:

The poll appears to be a horse race between Sony and Nintendo

Nintendo is in the lead now. I probably would have picked Nintendo is I had know they announced more games after their Direct Feed was over.

Nintendo >>> Microsoft >>>> Sony >>>> Ubisoft >>>> EA.

EA's conference was the worse I've ever seen. Best thing they showed probably was Mirrors Edge 2 & NHL 15.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher:

I'm not a lemming because I have all 3 systems, but I honestly didn't think Sony's was very good. They didn't show anything exciting, and I almost fell asleep during most of the middle portion of the conference. I'm skeptical of why people are voting for them being the best. I think it's gotta do with brand loyalty rather than what really happened.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Nintendo,Sony, and UBI all had a good E3

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I must say that I'm shocked at the results of this poll so far.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 blackace

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

Nintendo,Sony, and UBI all had a good E3

Microsoft's was better then Sony and Ubisoft. Nintendo took the lead when they announced more games after their Direct Feed. I actually enjoyed their wacky presentation when it started. At least it was different and kept me awake. Sony was doing great until they started showing statistics, PSTV, Power TV show and all that other boring garbage that put me to sleep. They lost points for that crap.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@finalfantasy94 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

It seems the poll keeps going back and forth with sony and Nintendo.

At best Sony has tied with Nintendo. Nintendo has been in the lead for a day now.

No sony and nintendo has been trading leads.I wouldint be shocked tommorow if sony is ahead after all its just a 2% difference in votes.

From what I have seen Nintendo's gap has only been increasing. And not just for this poll.

Here are the current results for a poll with 1344 users.

Yesterday the results were at around 60% for Nintendo.

Arent we talking about the poll thats posted here?Cause its nothing like that chart you posted.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts
@Wasdie said:

No Man's Sky won E3.

No. They showed 4 month old trailer. They showed nothing new, old stuff we seen before.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:
@Wasdie said:

No Man's Sky won E3.

No. They showed 4 month old trailer. They showed nothing new, old stuff we seen before.

That trailer wasn't 4 months old.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife:

You're crazy! No Man's Sky looks awesome! It's a multiplat, so you don't have to pretend to dislike it.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Classic Blackace damage control.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I say that Nintendo won E3. They showed off lot's of new stuff that looked fun to play. Sony was second for me since they showed off lots of neat and cool games. Microsoft was last becasue I don't feel as excited for the game that they showed of except for Sunset Overdrive

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@xLittlekillx said:

@FreedomFreeLife:

You're crazy! No Man's Sky looks awesome! It's a multiplat, so you don't have to pretend to dislike it.

Pretend to dislike? You wrong. This game looks awesome and i will buy when it comes out. What i am saying is that they showed nothing new. I already saw that footage before.

@Wasdie said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:
@Wasdie said:

No Man's Sky won E3.

But footage was old. I seen that before. If they showed something new... but they didn't. Just old footage

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20280 Posts

@Wasdie: Can't wait for that game. Is there online/offline coop too?

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#375 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Gamers won--because it's a healthy competition going on.

One thing I will say though--for me, I can't see how Sony won when most of the games that I want to play wont release until 2015.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Wasdie said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:
@Wasdie said:

No Man's Sky won E3.

But footage was old. I seen that before. If they showed something new... but they didn't. Just old footage

Prove it

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24000 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

Arent we talking about the poll thats posted here?Cause its nothing like that chart you posted.

We are, but the point remains the same, that is, Nintendo getting a higher and higher percentage.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 blackace

Looks like Nintendo won the E3. Not surprised.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#379  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Ragnarok1051 said:

@StormyJoe said:

You're one to talk. I'll say Nintendo for Splatoon alone.

That's been my take on the whole thing. Nobody is objective here. If you like the games on PS, they won, Xbox or WiiU they won. The idea that many of us are giving much objectivity is absurd.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Ragnarok1051 said:

@StormyJoe said:

You're one to talk. I'll say Nintendo for Splatoon alone.

That's been my take on the whole thing. Nobody is objective here. If you like the games on PS, they won, Xbox or WiiU they won. The idea that many of us are giving much objectivity is absurd.

Nothing really wowed me. I think new console reveals are more interesting. Nintendo had some solid Nintendo games...and I can see Nintendo fans getting excited over it...but far less games then MS or Sony. Sony had the most games. Both had an indie category. Both had exclusives. Both veered off games for something else. They bragged about timed exclusive content. What it comes down to in the end is which has the games you want. I do think Sony has more variety than MS however.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

It looks like SW has voted....and Nintendo has WON e3. Everything is right in the world. Hic!

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

It looks like SW has voted....and Nintendo has WON e3. Everything is right in the world. Hic!

@deadline-zero0 said:

I always hated this "winnign E3" because, as this thread proves, it's impossible to quantify, as fanboys will vote for their brand

Anyway, PC won like Netherscourge said. Atleast 80% of the games where multiplats on all system, or atleast had a PC version like most indie games. Halo and Uncharted being the same big IPs as usual. TW3 and Batman on PC. All Ubi and EA games on PC (well, not all but teh ones i wanted atleast). Nintendo is nintendo (not hating btw)

Only megaton was Bloodborne i believe. Ofcourse, cool stuff like Sunset, Fable, and LBP3, but i don't believe they're considered megaton material.

How in the world is bloodborne a megaton? It looks like the prime example of mediocrity. Is it pretty? sure. The gameplay however, is extremely pedestrian looking. I wasn't impressed at all.

Actually, it`s not even that pretty. I mean i was not blown away by it, but sure it looks nice i suppose.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@smashed_pinata: Because FromSoftware.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

LEMS BE MAD.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46680 Posts

Could someone please tell me what exclusives Xbone and PS4 have for the rest of this year ?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@smashed_pinata said:

How in the world is bloodborne a megaton? It looks like the prime example of mediocrity. Is it pretty? sure. The gameplay however, is extremely pedestrian looking. I wasn't impressed at all.

Actually, it`s not even that pretty. I mean i was not blown away by it, but sure it looks nice i suppose.

anyone who has played and enjoyed souls series knows this is the game to be hyped about.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

@Krelian-co:

I'm a huge fan of the Souls series, although I haven't played the games, and From Software in general, but I see no reason to get hyped yet. Hardly anything has been shown, unless things have changed, it will probably be good, but hype levels seem disproportionate to the showing. This is technically a new IP, Souls games aren't all they've done, and it may be different.

Same with Zelda Wii- U, aside from the new IP part of course.

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#388 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Zelda won. I'm going to get meself some WiiU very soon now!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 cainetao11

@finalstar2007 said:

Easily Sony.. they showed game after game after game it was game announcements one after the other:

• Bloodborne
  • Uncharted 4
  • Intwined
  • Suda51 game
  • PSVita TV $99
  • White PS4 bundle
  • a lot of focus on free to play games with one of the highest scoring F2P game planetside 2 coming to PS4

9.5/10

That's a bold faced lie. They talked about TV and original programing and graphs for 30 mins. That is not game after game.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

• Bloodborne
  • Uncharted 4
  • Intwined
  • Suda51 game
  • PSVita TV $99
  • White PS4 bundle

9.5/10

That's a bold faced lie. They talked about TV and original programing and graphs for 30 mins. That is not game after game.

If I recall noone showed graphs.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 cainetao11

@finalfantasy94 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

• Bloodborne
  • Uncharted 4
  • Intwined
  • Suda51 game
  • PSVita TV $99
  • White PS4 bundle

9.5/10

If I recall noone showed graphs.

Ok, I was bouncing between the conference and the Stanley cup, so I went on what others said with graphs. Point is the same. Game after game, may have been only Nintendo. Even MS had the SNL guys with their gaming memories.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#392 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

And then he goes on to make a thread of how it a joke. Anyway Nintendo won E3 for me. I kind like that they spread their stuff out a bit, and that treehouse live was fun to watch going into so much depth of many of the games nintendo reveal at this E3.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@xLittlekillx said:

@FreedomFreeLife:

Pretend to dislike? You wrong. This game looks awesome and i will buy when it comes out.