• 83 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What is your favorite Xbox console? (85 votes)

Xbox 38%
Xbox 360 58%
Xbox One 5%

Microsoft's history in the console space may be the shortest, but it's also been incredibly influential. Microsoft's consoles changed the game, changing how third party and multiplatform game development was approached, bringing online to consoles in a big way, and generally being responsible for the rise of western gaming to a large extent.

But which of these did you like the best? And why?

Here's how I would rank them:

1. Xbox 360
  2. Xbox
  3. Xbox One

The original Xbox was great- it brought a kind of gaming to consoles that simply didn't exist until then. Not only were its legitimate exclusives, like Halo or Shenmue 2 or Project Gotham Racing or Fable great, but the games that it shared with the PC- stuff like The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, games that were an entirely new kind of game for console gamers back then. And Xbox Live! It was a whole another world. But then the Xbox was succeeded by the Xbox 360, and that was definitely the best Xbox console ever, and one of the greatest consoles of all times. It definitely had a better first half of its life than it did a second half, but god damn was it an incredible console to own. Xbox Live came into its own, the console evolved into becoming a true online ecosystem, the games- Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Lost Planet, Saints Row, Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, The Elder Scrolls, Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo, Fable, Forza, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Devil May Cry, Alan Wake, Final Fantasy, you name it- it was the one stop system to own last generation. It also had what might be the greatest controller ever made. The Xbox One by contrast is so far an underwhelming disappointment, as it looks like Microsoft has given up on everything that made the first two Xbox consoles as great as they were. Nevertheless, the system is too young for it to be properly judged right now, so my opinion of it may yet change.

What about you, what are your rankings?

If you haven't already, be sure to vote for your favorite Nintendo and PlayStation consoles as well.

• 
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#51 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Lol the RROD machine is winning

The original Xbox was probably the only console MS didn't fail marketing or developing.

They got their asses handed to them in the sales department and created a device that bled money every year.

Actually it did pretty well against a console that sold over 100 million world wide and it beat the GC, also being MS first console release was pretty remarkable.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

The only Xbox I've owned is the X360 and it didn't exactly leave a good impression.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#53  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

360 was amazing hardware and library wise. Xbox was also a great console and very underrated. Never played Xbox One.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Wow so tough to choose a favorite. I guess the 360 for its long run but the other consoles are right there in my heart too.

By the end of this generation or even another year or two, THE ONE should be almost everyone's favorite.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Original Xbox for me.

I had more fun with Phantom Dust online and Steel Battalion than the entire 125,000+ Gamerscore I acquired on 360. I logged many hours into Halo 2 online and Halo LAN as well.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Easily the 360, for the time being. It was the best social gaming console to ever exist. I have fond memories playing Gears, L4d1 and 2, HL2, MK9, Oblivion, FO3, and SFIV. A couple of years ago my buddies and I migrated to PC. It hasn't felt the same since.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

XBox.

Amazing online

The best console for modding

GOAT at emulating

1TB HDD is possible and works great on mine

XBox media center

Really good exclusives that don't get the credit they deserve

16 player system link

loads of cool nuances

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Even though the game library doesn't hold up that well, I'd say the original Xbox. That console had the best online of any gaming device in existence. Halo 2 holds the crown of greatest multiplayer game ever made. Now, I'm referring to Xbox Live before it started to go a bit sour towards the end. However when Halo 2 launched it reinvigorated the entire industry--there was a sense of excitement every time a match started. It was a community like no other.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Was wondering when someone would make this thread. Tough question but even though the Xbox had IMO the very best launch line up of games for any system, I gotta go with 360 and the incredible library of games and almost perfect controller and nearly ten years later it's sill my primary gaming system. Good stuff.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Has to be the 360, one of the greatest consoles of all time.

Proven to have the best library, controller and online service of last gen. Cows should respect the console for shaping the PS4.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

I remember Bill Gates showing the original Xbox at a WWF event. That alone makes it better. It was awesome for the time, and exciting.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

The 360, but it's a little unfair to compare the X1 to the completed life cycles of the Xbox and Xbox 360. The X1 could look like a decent console in a year or so.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

The console with Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future and Gunvalkyrie on it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#65 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

As an owner of all three of them, I do recognize the 360 as being MS' best but I will always love the original Xbox. Playing Fable, Halo, Jade Empire, KOTOR, Splinter Cell for the first time were some great gaming times.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#66 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Ballroompirate said:

The original Xbox was probably the only console MS didn't fail marketing or developing.

They got their asses handed to them in the sales department and created a device that bled money every year.

Guess a career in market analysis isnt in his future

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Xbox, because I modded it to the point where it's basically not an Xbox anymore

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Not voting for X360 at this point... Content alone.

Xbox had some amazing games though.

X1 is an infant.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

1) Xbox 360

And the other 2 are trash lol.

Just the way it is.

Xbox had amazing games.

X1 is an infant. I could say the PS4 is garbage because the of lack of content. That would be a lie.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Xbox, mostly due to it having Ninja Gaiden.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

This is a lot harder than the Nintendo and Sony one. Gonna have to go with the 360.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Hmm hard to choose what kind of trash I liked the most.

The first had some original games but it still sucked...

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

I do not own an Xbox One so can't comment, but I really like the 360 because of the controller and whatnot, but I had too many RROD issues with it that stain my memories with the system. I do own a 360 slim so it's all good now, and I still have plenty of fun with the platform, but compared to the original Xbox I can't say that I like the 360 better. The original Xbox was quite revolutionary for it's time, it was the first system that did FPS gaming on consoles right, and introduced an actually good online service for consoles. It also uniquely bridged the gap between PC and consoles as the Xbox had many PC ports which opened the door to the console market for PC developers, and the games played well and sold well.

The Xbox was a great system, still is despite the hate that it gets. I wouldn't say the Xbox has ever been my favorite platform though, I think the PS2 is still my personal favorite. You just cannot beat that massive library of great titles.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@inb4uall said:

Can't decide which one I hate the least.

You're in the wrong thread. Go to www.nintendo.com or www.playstation.com and post your results there. lol!!

The correct answer is the XBox 360. Sure the first XBox had some original games (who remember NFL Fever, Mad Dash & Blinx: The Time Sweeper?), many SEGA games (after the Dreamcast died) and the great exclusives like Halo, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon Orta & MechAssault. The Xbox 360 however had even more games and sold almost 3x's more systems. It also had a much better controller and the best online service for the generation with XBL & XBLA games.

The XBox One is just starting out and may pass the original XB1 with more great games in the future. Right now it's just getting started and isn't equal to the first 2 Xbox systems that came before it.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@blackace said:
@inb4uall said:

Can't decide which one I hate the least.

You're in the wrong thread. Go to www.nintendo.com or www.playstation.com and post your results there. lol!!

The correct answer is the XBox 360. Sure the first XBox had some original games (who remember NFL Fever, Mad Dash & Blinx: The Time Sweeper?), many SEGA games (after the Dreamcast died) and the great exclusives like Halo, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon Orta & MechAssault. The Xbox 360 however had even more games and sold almost 3x's more systems. It also had a much better controller and the best online service for the generation with XBL & XBLA games.

The XBox One is just starting out and may pass the original XB1 with more great games in the future. Right now it's just getting started and isn't equal to the first 2 Xbox systems that came before it.

Nah I'm in the right thread. You see the one I have the least amount of animosity towards would be my favorite.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

All the games that i Loved the original Xbox for (Doom 3, Half life 2, chronicles of Riddick and Fable) all have better versions on the 360 now so it will have to be the 360.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Not to mention getting stupidly ripped off by Nvidia, the only company that actually made any Money from the original Xbox

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I vote for the Xbox 360. It had an excellent library of games, the greatest controller of all time, and an amazing online service that showed the world that online gaming was the future and this is how you do it well. It was the best console of it's generation and my 3rd favorite console of all time after the N64 and SNES.

The original Xbox also deserves a lot of praise and was also the best console of it's generation. It was far more powerful than any other console at the time and was responsible for popularizing western gaming on consoles. It also laid a great foundation for the modern controller design and online service that they would go on to perfect on the Xbox 360.

It's far too early to rank Xbox One at the moment.

Now, when is somebody going to make the "What is your favorite Sega console" poll?

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

So hard to choose... The original xbox is what made me a fan of MS consoles to begin with. It was the best console of that generation just as the 360 was last generation. It is still early for X1 to judge against the other two but it's already ahead in terms of features, online, support, and games.

I'll probably have to say the original from nostalgia. Halo CE, Halo 2, Brute Force, Crimson Skies, Phantom Crash, PGR, KOTOR, Conker Live and Reloaded, Forza, DOA Beach Volleyball (yeah i went there), Mech Assault, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Chronicles of Riddick, and on and on.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

None. If i had to choose one though just for fun itd have been X360.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I don't have a favorite. Never owned one. Never played a 360 or an X1. The first Xbox controller sucked, so I didn't bother after a few times playing it at a friend's house.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

(1) The Original XBOX, in my opinion, it literally represented Generation 6 as the definitive Next Generation console of that generation:

1. Better controller (imo)
  2. Better Multiplatform games
  3. Standardizing Online Console gaming and having the best infrastructure.
  4. CD Burner and play YOUR music while gaming
  5. Breakaway cord

(2) 360 comes in 2nd, because it is basically an extension of the OG XBOX.

(3) I don't have an X1 yet. So no comment.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

xbox 360 by far i like original xbox and i dont have xbox one for the moment

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points