• 83 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What is your favorite Xbox console? (85 votes)

Xbox 38%
Xbox 360 58%
Xbox One 5%

Microsoft's history in the console space may be the shortest, but it's also been incredibly influential. Microsoft's consoles changed the game, changing how third party and multiplatform game development was approached, bringing online to consoles in a big way, and generally being responsible for the rise of western gaming to a large extent.

But which of these did you like the best? And why?

Here's how I would rank them:

1. Xbox 360
  2. Xbox
  3. Xbox One

The original Xbox was great- it brought a kind of gaming to consoles that simply didn't exist until then. Not only were its legitimate exclusives, like Halo or Shenmue 2 or Project Gotham Racing or Fable great, but the games that it shared with the PC- stuff like The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, games that were an entirely new kind of game for console gamers back then. And Xbox Live! It was a whole another world. But then the Xbox was succeeded by the Xbox 360, and that was definitely the best Xbox console ever, and one of the greatest consoles of all times. It definitely had a better first half of its life than it did a second half, but god damn was it an incredible console to own. Xbox Live came into its own, the console evolved into becoming a true online ecosystem, the games- Mass Effect, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Lost Planet, Saints Row, Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, The Elder Scrolls, Dead Rising, Gears of War, Halo, Fable, Forza, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Devil May Cry, Alan Wake, Final Fantasy, you name it- it was the one stop system to own last generation. It also had what might be the greatest controller ever made. The Xbox One by contrast is so far an underwhelming disappointment, as it looks like Microsoft has given up on everything that made the first two Xbox consoles as great as they were. Nevertheless, the system is too young for it to be properly judged right now, so my opinion of it may yet change.

What about you, what are your rankings?

If you haven't already, be sure to vote for your favorite Nintendo and PlayStation consoles as well.

• 
inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Can't decide which one I hate the least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Original Xbox, for having the purest vision and being the only one that never shat a hole right through the bed.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22670 Posts

360 is one of my favorite consoles of all time... but I also love the OGXbox to pieces...it had KOTOR for shits sake. No feeling towards the one at the moment.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

I feel the Xbox One has a lot of potential and it has improved a lot even since launch so I think will end up being the best Xbox....but comparing it to the 360 now is foolish.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

360. Plenty of games, and good ones at that. This poll should be pretty easy.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

Fond memories of the original but I gotta give it up for the 360 which took Live to new heights and introduced the cheevos! Add in endless nights of Halo 3 multiplayer and the joy of Xbox Live Arcade and it's hard to vote against it. Summer of Arcade!!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

I got more fun and play time out of the original Halo than on all games for 360 and X1 combined. So the original

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#8 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Seems pointless putting in the new consoles since they just, you know, came out. But I'd have to go with 360. The original was great too.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By T-razor1

@TheEroica:

Oh snap!! How could I forget about KOTOR!! Loved it!! When are we getting another dammit!!??

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

360 all the way!

manny280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 manny280
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

Overall, I'd give it to the 360 but the OG Xbox is very close. However, I think by the end of the generation that Xbox One will be the best one.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

The original one. I've put in way more hours on the 360, but I've had more fun on the Xbox playing games like Halo CE, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden Black, Panzer Dragoon Orta, GunValkyrie, Fable, KOTOR, NFL 2K5, Crimson Skies, etc.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@T-razor1: KOTOR is the fah'kin goat man!

We'll if you ask bioware they'd tell you that ToR is kotor 3-10...

I just wanted a really focused single player experience... :/

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

The one that let you play Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@lostrib said:

If you meant the series, then all three let you play Halo.

If you meant just the first game, then all three let you play Halo.

... what did you mean?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

... what did you mean?

Then I meant that one

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 T-razor1

@TheEroica:

That game alone made it feel like Christmas in Summer. I'll never forget it.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Og xbox sucked ass, and I don't have an xbox one yet. So 360 is the only choice for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

... what did you mean?

Then I meant that one

That clears it up, thanks.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

... what did you mean?

Then I meant that one

That clears it up, thanks.

Fine, if you want to be all serious.

I don't have any experience with the one but I would say 360>xbox>One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lostrib: I was kidding :p

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

OG Xbox. first, it had the manliest controller ever made, THE DUKE. Then it had really freaking great games. Panzer Dragoon Orta and Jet Set Radio Future especially. Hell, those two games are still only available on that platform. (which is actually kind of sad, they deserve more attention) Then you had Shenmue 2 for us hardcore Shenmue heads of course. It had some really under appreciated gems like Voodoo Vince as well. It was a really neat system that felt exciting to own and be a part of.

I'll never forget DOA3 as well, and that awful "she kicks high" commercial.

Oh and Dead Or Alive: Ultimate. That was just tremendously fun to play online with friends. That's also the system that introduced me to Morrowind, which is still one of the best games of all time, even though the game has aged very poorly technically. It still shits all over Oblivion and Skyrim.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator

@T-razor1: yeah independent bioware was amazing and the fruit was ripe right around KOTOR... I can't honestly say I've played a more enjoyable game in my life.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#24 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@lostrib said:

the xbox 360 then.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

360 but u gotta move on

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Too early to vote for the Xbox One.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#27 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

The 360. A system with a shitload of fantastic games and something that had a constant batch of games from 2006-2014. That is a fine fucking system.

It had a lot of exclusives, and the biggest three covered three of the largest genres around: FPS, TPS, and racing. And I love Halo and Gears. Love love love me some split screen with friends. To this day Halo 3 is a choice of many of my friends for gathering around with four controllers, beer, and good times. It furthered the culture the PS2 started and had its own influences.

Microsoft did a lot of smart things with the 360 but because they led the HD console race they did do some stupidass choices that thankfully as a PlayStation owner I benefited from. No online multiplayer fees for me, free video services, gamesharing, etc. To this day I still wish I owned a 360 again but I can live comfortably with my PS3 being very much a twin for it, sans a good controller and more exclusives.

I wouldn't fret if I only had a 360 the last few years of this generation. You still have that kickass controller, still have multiplats, and aren't missing much on the PS side. Oh no, you don't get shit like Puppateer or a great game like TLoU. You got Gears and Halo when the PS3 had next to nothing though. It evens out.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

360. I hated the original Xbox and might skip the Xbox One all together.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

So why didn't you like the original Xbox?

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

@Zen_Light said:

So why didn't you like the original Xbox?

The hardware was shitty. The disc drive was cheap and the controller was clunky. Maybe I just got a bad system, but the power button wouldn't shut the system off so I had to unplug it constantly. I did enjoy some of the games it had though, like KOTOR, Jade Empire, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Halo 1 & 2 and I though GTA SA and VC were best on it.

I enjoyed the PS2, Dreamcast and Gamecube libraries much more overall.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

360 by a hair over the Xbox.

While I admit the 360 is a better suited competitor as a system. I think that system gets less interesting over the years, because so many of its best games were on another system with some rare great exclusives like Viva Pinata, Nuts and Bolts, Halo, and a defacto exclusive like Dead Rising and Bayonetta. But the Xbox's stuff like Crimson Skies, Ninja Gaiden Black (scrubs who like sigma need not apply), Phantom Dust, Panzer Dragoon, Otogi, etc.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

360, as its the only Microsoft console I've owned so far.

I did quite like the 360 though. Lord knows how many hours I put into Halo Reach or Bayonetta...

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

360, of course. I still play it.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

360 loved the games, loved the controller.All around solid console for me. Probably my fourth favorite console of all times (Behind the Colecovision, Atari 2600, and the SNES).

Also, I liked the original, but most of my favorite games from there were also on the PC, and I played them there first. No real experience with the XBone, other than playing it at a friends house. It has potential, it just hasn't made me want one yet.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Too early to say Xbone... but out of 360 & Xbox, it's a tough choice for me. The 360 is the better console overall, but I have very fond memories of the original.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Original pretty much entirely because of Halo. Owned a 360 but barely used it, basically just to play a couple games like Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey that never made it to PS3.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I like the original because it was, at the time, quite different from the competitors. It had many unique exclusives, and some of the absolute best of its time, and really had a flavor all its own.

The 360 was pretty cool too, but much less so simply because most of its games weren't exclusive (but same goes for the PS3 as well). It's really just a victim of the time it released in. Most devs want to go multiplat.

I don't think the Xbox One will be very good (as well as the PS4) simply because it's just a very generic system in this day and age. But who knows? It does have the most interesting lineup of upcoming exclusives (consoles only) with games like D4, Quantum Break, and the upcoming Platinum title, but can it maintain an interesting lineup of exclusives over the next 5+ years? Probably not.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

the only Xbox i had was the Xbox360, and i only had it for 11 months then it got the RROD. 1st console that i ever had that broke, after that i bought a Wii then the PS3.

i'll vote for Xbox, cause i remember going to my friends house playing Halo 2. i really enjoyed it, didn't enjoy Halo 3 that much

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

The "best" XBox has to be the 360, if you're talking games or place in the industry. The other two aren't even honorable mentions.

My favorite would be the original XBox. It was the most unique Xbox produced and popularized several concepts and features we think of as standard in modern console gaming. It had relatively few completely exclusive games, but some of those were all time classics. It was also a clearly superior piece of hardware compared to its competition, where subsequent XBoxes have lacked such an advantage. The biggest mar on the system was the embarrassing cessation of support only four years after launch. Not a great way to engender faith on your ecosystem, but a mistake MS doesn't look likely to ever repeat.

The 360 had (arguably) the best controller ever made and leveraged its early launch and popularity in NA to force many franchises out of their exclusivity (or timed exclusivity) on Playstation. That boosted not only the 360 but also the PC to help create the modern gaming landscape. But it was also eerily similar to the PS3 in capability while falling short in almost every hardware difference that mattered. It also didn't help that Mattrick's rapid ascension to the top of the XBox division took the whole platform off course with his Kinect obsession in an attempt to chase the Wii's aberrant success story. The 360 is a good system that had the opportunity to be an all time great... and went a different direction.

The XB1 gets shafted of course because we're grading it in it's infancy, but it also has had missteps on its own that keep it down. It had the worst launch run up of the 3, and is the weakest of the three in relation to its competition. It's been forced to jettison practically everything that distinguished itself from being compared unfavorably to the PS4, leaving it a weaker version of the newest Playstation. But the division has new and far more capable leadership in Spencer, and the past year has brought a focus on core gaming back to the platform we haven't seen since the early portion of the 360. MS has shown their capability in this market and others when they are hungry, focused, and committed before. I can't help but think the future for this console is much brighter than the early news makes it appear.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Xbox 360 easily.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@inb4uall said:

pretty much. Xbox bring too many casuals in gaming and effect hardcore PC games too. Im no fan of nintendo or playstation but as far as console go they are alright.

now looking at exclusive. Xbox has 0 exclusive library (im talking about original xbox).

all big names, Halo, KOTOR, jedi night are all on PC. even first Gears of war is on PC too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@system-reboot said:

@inb4uall said:

pretty much. Xbox bring too many casuals in gaming and effect hardcore PC games too. Im no fan of nintendo or playstation but as far as console go they are alright.

now looking at exclusive. Xbox has 0 exclusive library (im talking about original xbox).

all big names, Halo, KOTOR, jedi night are all on PC. even first Gears of war is on PC too.

Is Forza on PC? Is PGR on PC? Is Motocross Madness 3 on PC? Is Conker on PC? Is Shenmue II on PC? Or Panzer Dragoon? Or Jet Set Radio? Dead or Alive? Ninja Gaiden?

Xbox shared a large part of its library with PC, but it had its own exclusives too, so your statement is actually wrong.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@system-reboot said:

@inb4uall said:

Is Forza on PC? Is PGR on PC? Is Motocross Madness 3 on PC? Is Conker on PC? Is Shenmue II on PC? Or Panzer Dragoon? Or Jet Set Radio? Dead or Alive? Ninja Gaiden?

Xbox shared a large part of its library with PC, but it had its own exclusives too, so your statement is actually wrong.

well im talking about big names. beside few everything come to PC. including Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@system-reboot said:

@charizard1605 said:

@system-reboot said:

@inb4uall said:

well im talking about big names. beside few everything come to PC. including Halo

Those are all big names too.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

1- 360 but it's close. Much more games and variety than its predecessor, tons of downloadable games, GWG, etc. By far the best thing console gaming had to offer in the earlygoings of gen 7,

2- The first Xbox (can't call it Xbox 1 anymore because it might lead to misunderstanding. Go eat a box of camel dicks and die Mattrick, for causing me slight inconvenience.) Very underrated console and controller. Ushered in online gaming on consoles. Halo, KOTOR, Oddworld, Ninja Gaiden, etc.

3- Xbone is very disappointing for reasons I shouldn't need to elaborate on. Getting some good exclusives in late 2015/2016 I guess.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Lol the RROD machine is winning

The original Xbox was probably the only console MS didn't fail marketing or developing.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Lol the RROD machine is winning

The original Xbox was probably the only console MS didn't fail marketing or developing.

They got their asses handed to them in the sales department and created a device that bled money every year.