What does PS4 have to compete with Titanfall in March 2014?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Thunder7151 (307 posts) -

Does PS4 have any big exclusive game release (on or before March 2014) to compete with XBOX ONE's Titanfall (yes, I know it is coming out on XBOX 360 and PC too)?

Or will it be more "Just Wait"?

I purchased both an XBOX ONE and PS4, so I am not bias towards either console.

#2 Edited by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Infamous Second Son, Which will outscore titanfall

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV
#3 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9515 posts) -

You already know the answer is nothing.

And therefore, your only option is to....... wait.

/thread

#4 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

>PS4

>Games

Pick One

#5 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Infamous Second Son of course.

#6 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9515 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

You are out of your mind, if you think Infamous is going to get anything over an 7/10.

And Titanfall looks like one of those games that reviewers are going to overrate simply becuz of the hype. It will be one of those games that at its time will be looked at as a great achievement, but later be seen as an overrated game by most (like GTA4 was).

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (39206 posts) -
@treedoor said:

>PS4

>Games

Pick One

As in, Xbox One? :o

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

Not sure why you compare a "big exlusive" on the PS4 to a multiplat on X1?

#9 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Driveclub? Infamous?

#10 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

You are out of your mind, if you think Infamous is going to get anything over an 7/10.

And Titanfall looks like one of those games that reviewers are going to overrate simply becuz of the hype. It will be one of those games that at its time will be looked at as a great achievement, but later be seen as an overrated game by most (like GTA4 was).

What are you on about? Infamous and Infamous 2 have meta's of mid 80's

Why wouldn't it score over a 7?

#11 Posted by lostrib (34582 posts) -

So they need an exclusive to combat a multiplat?

#12 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9515 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

cuz it looks terrible. Nothing new, just the same old PS2 like gameplay and animations. And the same concepts from the previous games.

#13 Posted by Chutebox (36647 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

cuz it looks terrible. Nothing new, just the same old PS2 like gameplay and animations. And the same concepts from the previous games.

Much like Titanfall...except Infamous doesn't look like a 360 game.

#14 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Are you fucking serious.

Lol

#15 Posted by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

I don't think sony will release a game that sells as low as titanfall

titanfall2 will be a wrecking ball

#16 Posted by DrRockso87 (2512 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

They're focusing on the 7.5/10 inFamous 2 and inFamous: Festival of Blood scored while neglecting the 9/10 the original has.

I think inFamous: Second Son has a solid 8/10 waiting for it. Hope it does at least.

As for the OP, inFamous: Second Son is the only title so far. MLB: The Show 14 and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn could release around that time too but I think Titanfall will definitely have a big impact.

At the same time though, I can't see it being the end all and be all in sales mostly due to the lack of a single-player. Sure, multiplayer will be big but all I ever hear is, "Ugh, that game looks intense! But why no single-player? Makes it difficult." I could see lack of a single player being a complaint by reviews too (but it'll still score very well).

#17 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

I do not like the X bone at all but the more I keep hearing about Titanfall, the more interested I'm in.

#18 Edited by mems_1224 (46585 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Yea, it looks like shitty Infamous 2 with a new coat of paint. Thats not much better. Also, the new protagonists looks awful. What a waste of Troy Baker.

#19 Posted by silversix_ (14082 posts) -

Absolutely nothing. A much better multiplayer title is already out *cough* BF4 *cough* and will be the best until the next DICE title which is probably SW Battlefront. Dumb people will waste time on CoD and Titanfail while everyone who enjoys trully amazing multiplayer experience will stay in BF4.

#20 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

I much rather play infamous second son than a dull looking shooter.

#21 Posted by YD_11 (1635 posts) -

Infamous looks to be a good game but didn't the last one score a 7.5? So i don't know if it will outscore Titanfall given all the raving reviews and reception it's received.

#22 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

@lostrib said:

So they need an exclusive to combat a multiplat?

This, i swear we saw this same shit but from cows 7 years ago.

#23 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9515 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

Yea, it looks like shitty Infamous 2 with a new coat of paint. Thats not much better. Also, the new protagonists looks awful. What a waste of Troy Baker.

Waste of Troy Baker indeed.

#24 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

People hyping Titanfall have wayyyyyyyyy too much faith in EA.

FYI anyone who bothered to look at your posting history Thunder7151 knows you're a die hard Lemming you're not fooling anyone.

#25 Edited by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

yeah, because we all know how awesome the original protagonist looked. lol

this is the epitome of generic.

#26 Posted by radoman (294 posts) -

I'd pick up Titanfall over Infamous any day but I dont need an xbox one to play it. What else has the xbox one got coming?

#27 Edited by Basinboy (11059 posts) -

Titanfall has a lot to prove. I remain skeptical (EA has consistently managed to f*ck up their largest investments).

#28 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -

Infamous SS of course. Titan fall looks trash. I'm being honest. It looks like Cod on steroids and I really don't like Cod, so why would I need such a crap game? I mean, it's online only, low player count, and it looks like it will get stale after a few months. Just wow. If titan fall is your biggest game you're waiting for next year.... SMH

#29 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1994 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

Does PS4 have any big exclusive game release (on or before March 2014) to compete with XBOX ONE's Titanfall (yes, I know it is coming out on XBOX 360 and PC too)?

Or will it be more "Just Wait"?

By March 2014 the PS4 will have Infamous Second Son, Drive Club and MLB The Show 14 for sure. All 3 of those games will score atleast 75-85 on Metacritic and atleast an 8 on Gamespot. That will be enough to beat out a way overhyped Titanfall! Don't be surprised if Deep Down is in there as well! Titanfall is not a system seller like the Lems want it to be. Its not exclusive to the X1 and being online only will automatically lower its value. I see a metacritic of 75-80 out of 100 for the lems precious Titanfall!!

#30 Posted by SonyS1ut (9 posts) -

COD with Mech Skins yay!!

#31 Edited by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

@sonys1ut said:

COD with Mech Skins yay!!

Wow so that's what most Sony fans look like, why am I not surprised

#32 Edited by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

Infamous Second Son looks fantastic. Definitely just as anticipated as Titanfall for me.

#33 Posted by Evo_nine (1648 posts) -

Knack 2

#34 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

Infamous Second Son comes out on March 21st. DriveClub shouldn't be much further behind as well.

#35 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

Titanfall? Why compete with that lame game?

#36 Edited by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

Titanfall has a lot to prove. I remain skeptical (EA has consistently managed to f*ck up their largest investments).

Very true. The videos of it remind me alot of COD. And, though people use this alot, it really does look like a revamped COD with a few new gameplay features and mechs. If it's very good I'll probably pick up an Xbox One by June for it but I'm still skeptical.

#37 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

LOLwut?

You mean what does X1 have besides a multiplayer only multiplat

#38 Posted by Cali3350 (16130 posts) -

MLB: The Show ofcourse, which is the game im most hyped for on Next Gen right now!

#39 Posted by remiks00 (1716 posts) -

lolThunderthread.

This thread is stupid (as usual, thunderthreadlol...), Titanfall will most likely be a good game. But it's competing with so many other multiplat FPS games though (*Destiny*, BF4,COD:Ghosts). So it will be an interesting battle.

But PS4 has non shooters like Infamous:SS coming out around the same time as Titanfall, that will be a refreshing escape from the plethora of FPS games. and trust me, that matters.

Titanfall has to worry about Destiny more if anything.

#40 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

Titanfall is a online only game. I don't see it outscoring KZ4 overall.

And before you xboners say "O kz4 sucks" no it doesn't. Its actually a good game.

#41 Edited by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

I think Infamous. But Titanfall is an amazing game, no game like it, its going to be a hard competition, but I know for a fact Titanfall will win.

#42 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Titanfall is going to be amazing.

#43 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

It's as if you know Titanfall will outscore and outsell every other game around that time? Sorry but it's a new franchise and although it does look good not a lot of people will even know what it is. It doesn't have the COD logo on it.

#44 Edited by SolidTy (42459 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

"Prove it. No one here believes you!" - That's what they say. I got your back though.

I get PMs constantly and I am always defending you saying Thundersevenonefiveone is a good alternative guy and he be pullin' no Pinocchios up in heah, but they don't believe me.

You should totally prove that you have both, bro. If you don't have a camera, there is always PSN IDs and Gamertags! :P

#45 Edited by lostrib (34582 posts) -

I think Infamous. But Titanfall is an amazing game, no game like it, its going to be a hard competition, but I know for a fact Titanfall will win.

Win what? You can't possibly know that for a fact

#46 Edited by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1070 posts) -

@treedoor said:

>PS4

>Games

Pick One

>1080p resolution (Ps4)

>720p resolution (X1)

Pick One

#47 Posted by Zophar87 (4346 posts) -

I'm going to lol so god damn hard if Titanfall flops.

Can't wait to play it on PC though.

#48 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

LOL

#49 Posted by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

It better because that is about when I'll be getting mine. Whereas titan fall no matter how epically awesome it is wont get me to buy the xbone because I will be playing it on PC.

#50 Posted by PinkiePirate (2086 posts) -

Infamous and Driveclub.