What does PS4 have to compete with Titanfall in March 2014?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by naruske101 (1036 posts) -

Well inFamous Watch Dogs and Dark Souls II all come out in March, so there will be plenty to play even if you don't have an Xbox One

#152 Edited by Chutebox (36167 posts) -
@CloudStrife213 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@MonsieurX said:

Not sure why you compare a "big exlusive" on the PS4 to a multiplat on X1?

Such a broken record argument. TItanFall will be a system seller for the XB1. You CANNOT play it on PS4.

Butthurt?

Also, we cannot ignore the argument that many people don't have the PC to be able to run it.

Would people without a gaming PC really purchase a high-end PC in order to run it smoothly when they can just buy an Xbox One? Maybe, but the majority of consumers are looking for affordability. Casual couch gamers look to consoles rather than PCs.

$500 compared to a $800-$1000 PC(PC that will be able to run Titanfall) is a lot.

Haha, you REALLY think a 800 PC will be needed to run Titanfall? Serious?

#153 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe:

so last gen the PS3 won because it could play all PS1 games?

No more than the 360 won because it could play Xbox games.

Well PS3 could play all ps1 games. :P

Only the launch PS3. The slim could not.

But, like I said, any game that one console can play, but another can not, is an advantage.

#154 Posted by lhughey (4221 posts) -

@lhughey said:

@Sweenix said:

Infamous Second Son, Which will outscore titanfall

I don't think so. My crystal ball says they'll both score an 8. But TitanFall seems to be racking up the awards so expect an M$ ad blitz. Its going to sell well.

Have you SEEN the gameplay footage of Titanfall? AAA easily.

I have seen the gameplay. I think it looks like a blast. I was being conservative when i said it will get a 8. Game play looks very solid, but I always try to account for an overstep by the developers, etc.

#155 Posted by Chutebox (36167 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Heil68 said:

@StormyJoe:

so last gen the PS3 won because it could play all PS1 games?

No more than the 360 won because it could play Xbox games.

Well PS3 could play all ps1 games. :P

Only the launch PS3. The slim could not.

But, like I said, any game that one console can play, but another can not, is an advantage.

Pretty sure you're thinking PS2 games

#156 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6610 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Sweenix said:

Infamous Second Son, Which will outscore titanfall

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

You are out of your mind, if you think Infamous is going to get anything over an 7/10.

And Titanfall looks like one of those games that reviewers are going to overrate simply becuz of the hype. It will be one of those games that at its time will be looked at as a great achievement, but later be seen as an overrated game by most (like GTA4 was).

What are you on about? Infamous and Infamous 2 have meta's of mid 80's

Why wouldn't it score over a 7?

cuz it looks terrible. Nothing new, just the same old PS2 like gameplay and animations. And the same concepts from the previous games.

And those same concepts from the previous games scored AA and AAA.

#157 Posted by 2Chalupas (4974 posts) -

Absolutely nothing. A much better multiplayer title is already out *cough* BF4 *cough* and will be the best until the next DICE title which is probably SW Battlefront. Dumb people will waste time on CoD and Titanfail while everyone who enjoys trully amazing multiplayer experience will stay in BF4.

Isn't BF4 pretty much broken on all platforms?

It's definitely broken on 360, and I'm looking at reviews for PS4 and XB1 verion and rediculous amount of complaints there as well regarding the same issues (freezing constantly, progress getting wiped out, even the single player campaign save getting corrupted or wiped out).

#158 Edited by Syn_Valence (1327 posts) -

How is it a advantage for Xbox if cows can play it on pc?

#159 Posted by jsmoke03 (12473 posts) -

Does PS4 have any big exclusive game release (on or before March 2014) to compete with XBOX ONE's Titanfall (yes, I know it is coming out on XBOX 360 and PC too)?

Or will it be more "Just Wait"?

I purchased both an XBOX ONE and PS4, so I am not bias towards either console.

news flash....titanfall isnt an exclusive...its on the pc

#160 Edited by rtechie (87 posts) -

Titanfall will probably do better than Infamous: Second Son, but it's going to ship on 3 platforms. I didn't care for Infamous (felt generic and watered-down, like Prototype) but I know lots of other people liked it. I don't think it's really a "system seller" the way Metal Gear Solid is, but we'll see.

#161 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Playstation has never been really good for multiplayer games, so.......nothing?

Titanfall will rock next year handily imo

#162 Posted by Phazevariance (10898 posts) -

Infamous Second Son of course.

I fully expect a 7.5 from this game. I liked the first one, but it was even mediocre at best.

#163 Posted by Shielder7 (4601 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@locopatho said:

Titanfall is the most exciting next gen game I see but I will be playing on PC. Sony will have Infamous and PC/PS4 games to compete I'm sure.

@Shielder7 said:

People hyping Titanfall have wayyyyyyyyy too much faith in EA.

FYI anyone who bothered to look at your posting history Thunder7151 knows you're a die hard Lemming you're not fooling anyone.

EA makes some of best games in the world. Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Burnout, Need For Speed, Bioware RPGs, Rock Band, the entire EA sports lineup... genre defining awesome AAA titles, Titanfall almost certainly will continue this streak of quality :D

No! EA buys up good publishers / developers that make good games and than destroys them. You don't get rated worst company in America twice because you're just so darn great.

And the devs/pubs they buy are then a part of EA to which the get striped beaten and eventually shut down. Many brilliant games get ruined under the EA brand.

Fixed.

#164 Posted by j2zon2591 (2234 posts) -

I think TF will have a more positive impact on the X1 than Infamous and DC would on the PS4.

It would look more impactful with X1 because it's likely to have a lower install base when TF comes out on it. The % jump in X1 adapters will be larger.

AFAIK, competitive shooters have more mass appeal.

#165 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

I think TF will have a more positive impact on the X1 than Infamous and DC would on the PS4.

It would look more impactful with X1 because it's likely to have a lower install base when TF comes out on it. The % jump in X1 adapters will be larger.

AFAIK, competitive shooters have more mass appeal.

I think the problem is that it's releasing only 3-4 months after CoD and BF4. Personally, I think TF looks awful, and the reason it looks fun is the same reason CoD "looks" fun. I mean it looks like it's using the exact same engine as Ghosts.

#166 Posted by __MasterVAL__ (519 posts) -

As of right now there is nothing that can compare to Titanfall, I am looking forward to Infamous: Second Son but I really doubt it's going to out-do Titanfall. I'll most definitely be playing Infamous: Second Son when it comes out but I'll without-a-doubt be playing Titanfall the second it's out.

#167 Posted by locopatho (20041 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Shielder7 said:

@locopatho said:

Titanfall is the most exciting next gen game I see but I will be playing on PC. Sony will have Infamous and PC/PS4 games to compete I'm sure.

@Shielder7 said:

FYI anyone who bothered to look at your posting history Thunder7151 knows you're a die hard Lemming you're not fooling anyone.

EA makes some of best games in the world. Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Burnout, Need For Speed, Bioware RPGs, Rock Band, the entire EA sports lineup... genre defining awesome AAA titles, Titanfall almost certainly will continue this streak of quality :D

No! EA buys up good publishers / developers that make good games and than destroys them. You don't get rated worst company in America twice because you're just so darn great.

And the devs/pubs they buy are then a part of EA to which the get striped beaten and eventually shut down. Many brilliant games get ruined under the EA brand.

Fixed.

Believe your fantasies all you want, I'm going to play fantastic EA games like Battlefield 4, Mirror's Edge 2, Need For Speed Rivals, a new Burnout if they ever make it, and anything Bioware make :D Be bitter and miss some of the best games in the world if you like, I sure won't!

#169 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1623 posts) -

PS4 has nothing to compete with a COD with mechs noop game.

Believe your fantasies all you want, I'm going to play fantastic EA games like Battlefield 4, Mirror's Edge 2, Need For Speed Rivals, a new Burnout if they ever make it, and anything Bioware make :D Be bitter and miss some of the best games in the world if you like, I sure won't!

not sure if serious o.O

#170 Posted by locopatho (20041 posts) -

PS4 has nothing to compete with a COD with mechs noop game.

@locopatho said:

not sure if serious o.O

Totally serious. I'm sorry for not being a hipster, I play good games and don't care what name is on the box. EA make and publish many AAA genre defining games, that I enjoy very much.

#171 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9955 posts) -

My life will be consumed by MLB 14 and Infamous! The Show is by far my most anticipated nex gen title, San Diego studio are Gods!

#172 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1858 posts) -

Look! Titanfall is bringing a bit of new flavor to the current FPS scene. However, it is coming into a very crowded genre. What is it going to do to truly separate itself from CoD Ghosts and BF4? You cant base your feelings of Titanfall based on the minimal gameplay snippets that we have all seen. There is simply no way that this game will be as good as it may look if these mechs are running wild. To me, the maps look pretty small with a lot of CQB. This also makes me question how the jet packs will come into play. Again, the maps look small. Without any sort of a true campaign mode and with Titanfall being multiplayer only, I cannot imagine a scenario where it scores above a 7 or 8 here at GS and Id bet a 75 on Metacritic!

#173 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149447 posts) -

How is it a advantage for Xbox if cows can play it on pc?

Don't try to bring logic into it....

#174 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3476 posts) -

Titanfall looks good and hey could be another Starhawk/Warhawk very fun to play but MP only games don't usually go over 9

#175 Edited by Shielder7 (4601 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@locopatho said:

@Shielder7 said:

@locopatho said:

@Shielder7 said:

Fixed.

Sorry but EAs history of buying up and destroying developers isn't Fantasy it's FACT! Deal with it.