What does PS4 have to compete with Titanfall in March 2014?

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by lamprey263 (22275 posts) -

Nothing that will be as good as Titanfall.

#52 Posted by remiks00 (1485 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@Thunder7151 said:

I purchased both an XBOX ONE and PS4, so I am not bias towards either console.

"Prove it. No one here believes you!" - That's what they say. I got your back though.

I get PMs constantly and I am always defending you saying Thundersevenonefiveone is a good alternative guy and he be pullin' no Pinocchios up in heah, but they don't believe me.

You should totally prove that, bro.

" he be pullin' no Pinocchios up in heah"

lol, classic

#53 Posted by CleanPlayer (9762 posts) -

The real question is well anything rival Super Smash Brothers and Mario Kart? Lord have mercy on PS4 and One

#54 Posted by k2theswiss (16578 posts) -

Love the fqct people cry about titanfall having no sp. Look at the 2 highest selling fps games. Complete shit sp, what a complete waste of dev time

#55 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

##@

Not sure why you compare a "big exlusive" on the PS4 to a multiplat on X1?

True shit.

But I'll still be playing BF4, I won't need another MP FPS for a very long time, like until the next Battlefield.

I am looking forward to Infamous as my single player game of March.

With Thief being my single player game of February.

And Watch Dogs being my single player game of whatever month it comes out.

All the other months between I'm still catching up on all of the great PS3 games.

Just bought Puppeteer after renting it. I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE WHO HAS A PS3 TO PLAY PUPETTEER. Very original and beautiful. A really enjoyable experience, I rented it from the local Family Video and after the first 2 hours decided to buy it

AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM for ONLY $20 ATM. $40 everywhere else I looked. Link

Sorry to sound like an ad, but I feel like this game will be overlooked, and it definitely shouldn't be.

This past gen isn't over yet. Persona 5 JUST got announced for PS3. Just like Persona 4 came out on PS2 shortly after the release of the PS3.

This new gen is going to be amazing but let's not forget about our older systems!

#56 Posted by Vatusus (4186 posts) -

TitanFall this TitanFall that...

I swear, if TitanFall ends up flopping It'll be a full day on SW

The game is not even out and its already being overhyped. It really doesnt look like anything special like, at all

#57 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Who wants to play COD with mechs? Everyone will be still playing COD:Ghost. for our shooter needs

#58 Posted by clr84651 (5269 posts) -

There will be plenty of games to play. No sense in worrying about every game on other systems that's not on PS4. \Thread!

#59 Posted by clr84651 (5269 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bumsonfire said:

I think Infamous. But Titanfall is an amazing game, no game like it, its going to be a hard competition, but I know for a fact Titanfall will win.

Win what? You can't possibly know that for a fact

Win the boners of the Lems! Lol

#60 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Titanfall >>>>>>>>>>>all ps4 games for the next 2 years combined

#61 Posted by lostrib (30931 posts) -

doubt it

#62 Edited by remiks00 (1485 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

It's cool to be excited about Titanfall, but damn you have on some serious fanboy goggles on man... smdh

#63 Edited by SolidTy (41310 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Thunder7151 said:

"Prove it. No one here believes you!" - That's what they say. I got your back though.

I get PMs constantly and I am always defending you saying Thundersevenonefiveone is a good alternative guy and he be pullin' no Pinocchios up in heah, but they don't believe me.

You should totally prove that, bro.

"he be pullin' no Pinocchios up in heah"

lol, classic

:) I don't know where I drew that from. It just popped in me head. I almost used the classic meme...

"I think ThunderSeventyOneFiddyone is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills fanbois and doesn't afraid of anything."

Glad someone enjoyed it, lol.

#64 Edited by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

Don't you mean Call of Duty: Modern Mechs?

#65 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2513 posts) -

The hype for Titanfall must be a 10 the way lems are talking about this multiplat game. Game looks fun but nothing extraordinary.

#66 Posted by Heil68 (42461 posts) -

Not sure why you compare a "big exlusive" on the PS4 to a multiplat on X1?

#67 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3494 posts) -

will get titanfall on pc. by the time it releases i hope i have a rig that can run the saw's engine.

#68 Posted by Bruin1986 (1164 posts) -

It has Infamous and Driveclub. Infamous looks amazing, outside of the main character who I fear is going to grate on my nerves very quickly.

#69 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2054 posts) -
#70 Posted by killzowned24 (7281 posts) -

Planetside2 should be out by then. F2P with 1500 vs 1500 battles!

#71 Edited by xxgunslingerxx (4052 posts) -

People hyping Titanfall have wayyyyyyyyy too much faith in EA.

FYI anyone who bothered to look at your posting history Thunder7151 knows you're a die hard Lemming you're not fooling anyone.

haha yea... i was gonna say something about that... if thunder7151 has a ps4 then I have a 4 golden xbox ones made of wait for it.... silver... yes its that impossible

#72 Edited by Zelda187 (480 posts) -

I really don't understand why FPS's always get so much hype.

How many of these games can people stomach?

90% of them are just the same rehashed, repetitive crap over and over again (especially military shooters like COD and Battlefield).

The only FPS series with an original bone in its body is the Bioshock series and the Metro series.

#73 Posted by DerekLoffin (8721 posts) -

The hype for Titanfall must be a 10 the way lems are talking about this multiplat game. Game looks fun but nothing extraordinary.

Indeed, the hype for it is thru the roof. Any claimant that it is anything less that 9/10 should forever be ignored in SW as being an obvious liar or woefully uniformed. Still, I think it has a good shot at it from the previews, but still doesn't make me even look in XB1's direction.

#74 Posted by SpiderLuke (465 posts) -

I'm not spending $500 for one game. Maybe next year when I can do Titanfall, Forza and Halo. Maybe. I don't even have cable so One made no sense for me.

#75 Posted by PAL360 (26513 posts) -

Planetside 2

#76 Posted by iwasgood2u (671 posts) -

Theres no need to compete . Titanfall is a multiplayer game with no campaign that will score less than an 8.

#77 Posted by dvalo9 (1269 posts) -

So i guess this game doesn't count?

hmmm cod clone with mechs vs a proven fun, sophisticated fps?

#78 Posted by handssss (1577 posts) -

Theres no need to compete . Titanfall is a multiplayer game with no campaign that will score less than an 8.

no. when a game is released that doesn't have a MP or doesn't have a SP, reviewers tend to exempt it for missing a portion of gameplay. It's only when they include both and one isn't up to par that they have an issue.

Will say this though, for MP only, it better not cost anymore than $40.

#79 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

I'd much rather play inFamous SS than Titanfall. I reckon it's going to end up like COD MW2/GTA 4/Bioshock Infinite (hyped to be the next best thing by everyone until core gamers realise it's a overrated piece of filth but casuals will still love it to death).

#80 Posted by RossRichard (2287 posts) -

Not sure why you compare a "big exclusive" on the PS4 to a multiplat on X1?

My thoughts exactly.

#81 Posted by iwasgood2u (671 posts) -

@handssss said:

@iwasgood2u said:

no. when a game is released that doesn't have a MP or doesn't have a SP, reviewers tend to exempt it for missing a portion of gameplay. It's only when they include both and one isn't up to par that they have an issue.

Will say this though, for MP only, it better not cost anymore than $40.

im getting it on the pc for sure but scores do matter here in system war. i'm still playing it no matter what the score says. yea it should cost around $40.

#82 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1840 posts) -

That has to be the biggest fanboy statement ever. If Titanfall outscores Infamous Second Son, Drive Club, MLB The Show 14 and The Order 1886, I will make a video of myself smashing my PS4 on the concrete! I really, truly don't see Titanfall scoring more than a 7 here at GS. Whereas I do see Drive Club, MLB The Show, The Order 1886 and Infamous all scoring over a 7!

#83 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Infamous Second Son, Which will outscore titanfall

Also

• MLB 14 The Show
  • Final Fantasy XIV

LOL

I'm so sick of having cows ruin my raids with their crap controller

#84 Posted by locopatho (20032 posts) -

Titanfall is the most exciting next gen game I see but I will be playing on PC. Sony will have Infamous and PC/PS4 games to compete I'm sure.

People hyping Titanfall have wayyyyyyyyy too much faith in EA.

FYI anyone who bothered to look at your posting history Thunder7151 knows you're a die hard Lemming you're not fooling anyone.

EA makes some of best games in the world. Battlefield, Mirror's Edge, Dead Space, Burnout, Need For Speed, Bioware RPGs, Rock Band, the entire EA sports lineup... genre defining awesome AAA titles, Titanfall almost certainly will continue this streak of quality :D

#85 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

Titan is on PC too. For PS4 only?... I think UC4 will be a pretty big one.

#86 Posted by CloudStrife213 (423 posts) -

Nothing for me.

Driveclub and Infamous aren't my cup of tea. The only games I am looking forward to in PS4 are the multiplats.

#87 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7227 posts) -

Obviously nothing, I mean even the Sony defenders the best they can come up with is Infamous.

#88 Edited by tormentos (16273 posts) -

Does PS4 have any big exclusive game release (on or before March 2014) to compete with XBOX ONE's Titanfall (yes, I know it is coming out on XBOX 360 and PC too)?

Or will it be more "Just Wait"?

Hahahaahahaaaaaaaaaaa............

Do we need something to counter a multiplatform of those are valid now,in gamestop goal post moving era..

#89 Posted by _Matt_ (8737 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

I'm going to lol so god damn hard if Titanfall flops.

Can't wait to play it on PC though.

Pretty much this.

Though I highly doubt it will flop, as someone in the thread earlier, hype will likely inflate review scores.

#90 Posted by tormentos (16273 posts) -

I'm not spending $500 for one game. Maybe next year when I can do Titanfall, Forza and Halo. Maybe. I don't even have cable so One made no sense for me.

$500.?

Titanfall is an online only game,which mean you need live $60 + a ma sure that while this game is half a game,without single player EA will put a full price to it,fallow with a galore of micro transactions.

So if you want the game on xbox one the actual investment is more $620 than $500.

#91 Posted by Malta_1980 (11120 posts) -

As many others posted TC if you mean whether PS4 will have an fps out next year to compete with Titanfall then no, there isn't.. but PS4 has other shooters like KZ:SF or multiplats like BF4, COD:Ghosts, Blacklight Retribution so its not like gamers dont have options..

Also don't forget early next year titles such as Driveclub & inFamous Second Son should be out !!

#92 Edited by sukraj (21470 posts) -

wolfenstein 2

#93 Posted by aroxx_ab (9071 posts) -

Titanfall is multiplayer only so i will not buy it, ever.

#94 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

Thread backfired big time.

#95 Posted by hippiesanta (9715 posts) -

Why Titanfall will fail:

*it's from EA = evil ampire

*multiplayer only game, no campaign

*FPS genre

lolol

#96 Posted by tormentos (16273 posts) -

Obviously nothing, I mean even the Sony defenders the best they can come up with is Infamous.

Planet Side 2.

Infamous (real exclusive)

Drive Club (real exclusive).

Yeah were fine..hahaha

#97 Posted by handssss (1577 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@Zophar87 said:

I'm going to lol so god damn hard if Titanfall flops.

Can't wait to play it on PC though.

Pretty much this.

Though I highly doubt it will flop, as someone in the thread earlier, hype will likely inflate review scores.

i wanna know what we'll be needing to run it. I'm no big PC gamer, but last I checked, source games ran buttery smooth on my laptop which is good enough for me if this game is worth checking out. Hell, I still got my wired 360 controller and this being so heavily MS endorsed, I'm sure I won't even need to program the buttons on my own.

Yeah I'd still use a controller. I ain't scared of keyboard and mousers in a game where I'd most likely get killed most often from behind or from campers anyways.

#98 Edited by Malta_1980 (11120 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

well to be fair TC only presented 1 game (multiplat) in his argument so its not like Sony defenders had much work to counter that... Actually I was hoping lemmings would support TC by posting huge listed of games being released next year, but didn't.. maybe you can!!

#99 Posted by tormentos (16273 posts) -

As many others posted TC if you mean whether PS4 will have an fps out next year to compete with Titanfall then no, there isn't.. but PS4 has other shooters like KZ:SF or multiplats like BF4, COD:Ghosts, Blacklight Retribution so its not like gamers dont have options..

Also don't forget early next year titles such as Driveclub & inFamous Second Son should be out !!

Yeah the PS4 even has an advantage right now,the xbox one has nothing to counter Killzone or blacklight.

But there games like Warframe that are not on xbox one either,hell the PS4 version has 74 on gameranking the PC version just 60% for comparison.

DC,Infamous,PS2 should be more than enough.

#100 Edited by Locutus_Picard (3974 posts) -

You mean TitanASS, the 720p game with terrible, terrible textures, running on a 2003 source engine? *vomits*

I've seen better Half-Life 1 (yes, 1) mods.