we can add another embarrassing moment in Xbone pocket

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@draign said:

He only hacked his dads account. He should get a cookie, and nothing more.

He got something because he showed them a flaw that was fixed before it became a major problem. And what he got is much less than they pay their experts for security. Should have fired a few methinks....

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

He got something because he showed them a flaw that was fixed before it became a major problem. And what he got is much less than they pay their experts for security. Should have fired a few methinks....

I said, NOTHING MORE....

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@clyde46 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@killatwill15 said:

this just proves that all xbots are little kids,

@WilliamRLBaker@StormyJoe commented so kindergarden mustve ended early for them (held back?)

still waiting on @FreedomFreeLife@FoxbatAlpha and @blackace to get out school,

get at me on your leap pads lemmings!!

And how many accounts were hacked as a result of this bug? How many millions of people had their personal information stolen? Oh yeah, one father.

Cows...

those were a group of co-ordinated, highly educated hackers with a goal.

this kid still wets the bed, and was probably trying to download angry birds demo,

and he infiltrated the xbl security system.

lemmings,

that lil boy is smarter than you,

whats next? boys in grade 3 make games free on xbl store?

"Infilrated XBL?"

Listen to yourself you bumbling baboon, what that kid did is what many of us did years ago when our parents used parental controls, we found a way around them. To try and associate this with the PSN hack which wasn't done by "skilled" hackers, it was done by a bunch of Skiddies who managed to get hold of those PSN's users details which were held in PLAIN TEXT might I add is laughable.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

bumbling, listen to yourself,

this kid fucked up xbox, not an adult,

not a group of hackers, but a kid, its was not as secure as most assume,

and I wasn't the one who associated it with the sony hacks first you retard.

but hey, lemmings gonna lem.

Don't you sound like the loser cow you pretend not to be.

Exploit =/= hack you idiot.

and don't you sound retarded not pretending to be functional,

exploit is hacking,

It is finding a weakness and infiltrating it,

you =/= any sense at all

Hack and this exploit have nothing to do with each other cow. The kid just entered in spaces, that's not a hack that's an exploit missed by MS, obviously.

You sound like a bitter cow dude. Perhaps you should calm down and get outside some more. I'm sure your parents basement seems confined at times.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 LJS9502_basic

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

I said, NOTHING MORE....

It's PR dude....

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Draign

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

I said, NOTHING MORE....

It's PR dude....

Im just having fun my man. Its Friday....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

http://www.dailytech.com/PSN+Service+is+Finally+Back+in+Action+Worldwide/article21801.htm

As I'm sure we'll get sheen's saying : bububububbububububbubububbubu Only the US and EU matter :cry: :cry:

OVERALL it took 3-4 months for psn world wide to be back up, It was brought back in slowly in differing countries with japan refusing them to bring it back up in any capacity till they could prove they had increased security, It doesn't matter what you say psn was taken down by hackers whether Sony were the ones that actively took it down means squat it was down, And it doesn't matter how many times you go bububbububuubbububububbu Asia and Japan matter in this regard and those regions were still down after the US and EU were back up.

So again.
1. a coding exploit was found by a 5 year old pushing buttons *it happens imagine how the konami code was found all those years ago...*
2. the boy and his father informed microsoft *far more than the exploiters of psn did*
3. Microsoft fixed the exploit before the story was published.
4. The kid was made an honorary coder at Microsoft and received free games and a year of xbox live. *where as at Sony they would say okay let me just reach my etch-a-sketch then fumbled the phone losing the call and deciding they would be fine with their duct taped servers*

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

I said, NOTHING MORE....

It's PR dude....

SW is serious business you know.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Draign

@clyde46 said:

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

I said, NOTHING MORE....

It's PR dude....

SW is serious business you know.

I'll get back to being serious about SW once Malaysia flight 370 is found.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LJS9502_basic

@WilliamRLBaker: Your link still doesn't state 90 days......seriously dude. Give it up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LJS9502_basic

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@draign said:

I said, NOTHING MORE....

It's PR dude....

Okay. I only come here to have fun so.....break out the drinks.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@clyde46 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@killatwill15 said:

this just proves that all xbots are little kids,

@WilliamRLBaker@StormyJoe commented so kindergarden mustve ended early for them (held back?)

still waiting on @FreedomFreeLife@FoxbatAlpha and @blackace to get out school,

get at me on your leap pads lemmings!!

And how many accounts were hacked as a result of this bug? How many millions of people had their personal information stolen? Oh yeah, one father.

Cows...

those were a group of co-ordinated, highly educated hackers with a goal.

this kid still wets the bed, and was probably trying to download angry birds demo,

and he infiltrated the xbl security system.

lemmings,

that lil boy is smarter than you,

whats next? boys in grade 3 make games free on xbl store?

"Infilrated XBL?"

Listen to yourself you bumbling baboon, what that kid did is what many of us did years ago when our parents used parental controls, we found a way around them. To try and associate this with the PSN hack which wasn't done by "skilled" hackers, it was done by a bunch of Skiddies who managed to get hold of those PSN's users details which were held in PLAIN TEXT might I add is laughable.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

bumbling, listen to yourself,

this kid fucked up xbox, not an adult,

not a group of hackers, but a kid, its was not as secure as most assume,

and I wasn't the one who associated it with the sony hacks first you retard.

but hey, lemmings gonna lem.

Don't you sound like the loser cow you pretend not to be.

Exploit =/= hack you idiot.

and don't you sound retarded not pretending to be functional,

exploit is hacking,

It is finding a weakness and infiltrating it,

you =/= any sense at all

Hack and this exploit have nothing to do with each other cow. The kid just entered in spaces, that's not a hack that's an exploit missed by MS, obviously.

You sound like a bitter cow dude. Perhaps you should calm down and get outside some more. I'm sure your parents basement seems confined at times.

all you can do is call me cow,

now be a nice lemming and jump off a cliff,

your tears will make a river anyways

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

http://www.dailytech.com/PSN+Service+is+Finally+Back+in+Action+Worldwide/article21801.htm

As I'm sure we'll get sheen's saying : bububububbububububbubububbubu Only the US and EU matter :cry: :cry:

OVERALL it took 3-4 months for psn world wide to be back up, It was brought back in slowly in differing countries with japan refusing them to bring it back up in any capacity till they could prove they had increased security, It doesn't matter what you say psn was taken down by hackers whether Sony were the ones that actively took it down means squat it was down, And it doesn't matter how many times you go bububbububuubbububububbu Asia and Japan matter in this regard and those regions were still down after the US and EU were back up.

So again.

1. a coding exploit was found by a 5 year old pushing buttons *it happens imagine how the konami code was found all those years ago...*

2. the boy and his father informed microsoft *far more than the exploiters of psn did*

3. Microsoft fixed the exploit before the story was published.

4. The kid was made an honorary coder at Microsoft and received free games and a year of xbox live. *where as at Sony they would say okay let me just reach my etch-a-sketch then fumbled the phone losing the call and deciding they would be fine with their duct taped servers*

Posted June 2 2011.... That 42 days from April 20 to June 2 you butthurt lemming..

Japan suffer a Tsunami which hurt sony in Japan,but your link stated that Japan asked sony for more info so it wasn't sony fault.

It was hacked on April 20.,

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/15/sony-to-bring-partial-service-back-to-psn-soon/

Sony was back online on May 15...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/06/playstation-store-is-back-up-and-running-after-more-than-1-month-down.html

It was the PSN store what went up on June 2,but by then online play was already working and Japan took longer for things out of sony own control period.

So you are a liar and a bad one at it..

Oh and it took hackers 5 years to hack PSN,xbox live have accounts stolen since 2007 and one attack was link to bungie net and other to the xbox one page which MS fiercely deny,just like they deny RROD.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos

@juarbles said:

@nyzma23 said:

dat damage control psn not only down but hacker also steal millions credit card info from psn

The hackers stole encrypted credit card info. I could give my encrypted credit card info here on a public forum without much worry since the quality of the encryption is what really matters. Meanwhile on xbox people actually lost money unlike with the ps3 http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/22/millions-stolen-from-xbox-live-accounts. Stop spreading FUD furry lemmings, your company is a piece of crap and you know it.

Yep since 2007 xbox live accounts have been stolen and money spend,one attack was link to bungie net which MS deny,but we all know they also deny RROD for 2 years and even make people pay $150 for repairs when the units was super faulty.

Even Major Nelson own account was stolen,what bigger proof that xbox live wasn't safe..lol

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

Did MS have to send out emails to millions of the subscribers asking them to change their passwords and check their bank accounts?

Hmm I wonder who did?

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Wow, why wasn't teh cloud there to protect the user?

Where is your God now lems?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@juarbles said:

@nyzma23 said:

dat damage control psn not only down but hacker also steal millions credit card info from psn

The hackers stole encrypted credit card info. I could give my encrypted credit card info here on a public forum without much worry since the quality of the encryption is what really matters. Meanwhile on xbox people actually lost money unlike with the ps3 http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/22/millions-stolen-from-xbox-live-accounts. Stop spreading FUD furry lemmings, your company is a piece of crap and you know it.

Yep since 2007 xbox live accounts have been stolen and money spend,one attack was link to bungie net which MS deny,but we all know they also deny RROD for 2 years and even make people pay $150 for repairs when the units was super faulty.

Even Major Nelson own account was stolen,what bigger proof that xbox live wasn't safe..lol

You're an idiot if you don't know the difference between being hacked and a phishing scam. Live was never hacked, PSN was. Stop being such a moronic cow, a cow that doesn't own a PS4. You're such a loser

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Who cares, it was just about using his dads account. Would of been more impressive if the 5 year old hacked Xbox Live and crashed it for everyone.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

what if geohot knew this could he go deeper inside MS security flaw could he open more doors ?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Bu bu but lemming scum told me that MS software engineers were the best in the industry.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

TLHBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bu..bu..bu..Xbox live is SERCUREZZZZ!!!!!"

BRB getting hacked by a 5 year old

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

You're an idiot if you don't know the difference between being hacked and a phishing scam. Live was never hacked, PSN was. Stop being such a moronic cow, a cow that doesn't own a PS4. You're such a loser

Phishing my ass.

Online gaming forums are buzzing with reports that Xbox Live accounts linked to Microsoft's Windows Live ID service are being hijacked by malicious hackers.

Kevin Finisterre, a security researcher at Digital Munition, raised the issue on the Full Disclosure mailing list over the weekend, calling attention to rumors that Microsoft's Bungie.net was the victim of a breach that exposed a portion of Xbox Live.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/xbox-live-hacked-accounts-stolen/131

Phishing a was done latter on,this attack wasn't phishing it was tagged to Bungie.net and MS fiercely deny it,much like they fiercely deny RROD for 2 years while consoles were dropping dead left and right.

http://consumerist.com/2009/10/06/microsoft-turns-a-blind-eye-to-phishing-scams-on-xbox-live/

In fact it was MS who claim the act where because of Phishing ,just like they accuse people of having weak passwords when Major Nelson own damn account was stolen.

http://www.1up.com/news/major-nelson-xbox-live-account

I guess that kill the whole phishing weak password argument,how in hell some one will call MS claim is Major nelson and that he forgot his password..?

You people should stop defending MS,they lied about RROD for 2 years and make people pay $150 for repairs on a product they release in a faulty stated,this company will cover up anything bad concerning the brand,with RROD it was impossible to cover the hole any more so they gave in,with xbox live they could make it because the breach wasn't big enough so they keep it under wraps and blame it on phishing or weak passwords.

WTF not owning a PS4 has to do with PSN been hack which happen on PS3.?

I guess we know now who is the real moron.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tormentos

@GravityX said:

Did MS have to send out emails to millions of the subscribers asking them to change their passwords and check their bank accounts?

Hmm I wonder who did?

Yes and they put 1 million policy for every PS3 owner policy that no one ever claimed because to claim it,you have to prove that you were hack your account was stolen and your money was spend,which was very easy to prove if it did happen because banks statements on your credit card will show easy and you know if is was use and during what period.

Do you know why nothing happen and why sony was even exonerated on trial.?

First the secret numbers were never reveal without them you can do nothing.

Second most people on PSN use PSN card and you don't need a credit card.

Hackers could sign in,into the store and download what they wanted to without paying,they even found a way to add money,so why would you charge a card and risk it,when you can buy anything on the store without a card.

Like i say more account have been stolen and money actually spend on xbox live that PSN,phishing works on all systems even PC,yet it was xbox live who supposedly have more account stolen and since 2007 PSN was hack on 2011,by the time PSN was hack xbox live account had been flying on the internet for years and the info and data is there to see just google and you find it quite easy.

People can scream that sony was bad and that PSN was hack but fact is that they could have stolen 100 million accounts if money wasn't spend and no one suffer so what.? yet XBL hasn't supposedly never been hack and hackers have been since 2007 stealing accounts and spending money,oh and MS refused to give back the money and lock your account for investigation 30 days.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Phishing my ass.

Online gaming forums are buzzing with reports that Xbox Live accounts linked to Microsoft's Windows Live ID service are being hijacked by malicious hackers.

Kevin Finisterre, a security researcher at Digital Munition, raised the issue on the Full Disclosure mailing list over the weekend, calling attention to rumors that Microsoft's Bungie.net was the victim of a breach that exposed a portion of Xbox Live.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/xbox-live-hacked-accounts-stolen/131

Phishing a was done latter on,this attack wasn't phishing it was tagged to Bungie.net and MS fiercely deny it,much like they fiercely deny RROD for 2 years while consoles were dropping dead left and right.

http://consumerist.com/2009/10/06/microsoft-turns-a-blind-eye-to-phishing-scams-on-xbox-live/

In fact it was MS who claim the act where because of Phishing ,just like they accuse people of having weak passwords when Major Nelson own damn account was stolen.

http://www.1up.com/news/major-nelson-xbox-live-account

I guess that kill the whole phishing weak password argument,how in hell some one will call MS claim is Major nelson and that he forgot his password..?

You people should stop defending MS,they lied about RROD for 2 years and make people pay $150 for repairs on a product they release in a faulty stated,this company will cover up anything bad concerning the brand,with RROD it was impossible to cover the hole any more so they gave in,with xbox live they could make it because the breach wasn't big enough so they keep it under wraps and blame it on phishing or weak passwords.

WTF not owning a PS4 has to do with PSN been hack which happen on PS3.?

I guess we know now who is the real moron.

Servers being hacked aren't the same thing as accounts you idiot. Live servers weren't hacked, PSN servers were. Live servers never had mass amounts of personal data and credit card info stolen, PSN servers did. You're just looking for everything and anything to ignore how bad the PSN hack was.

Bottom line, Live wasn't hacked but PSN was, Keep reaching loser

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 tormentos

@kingtito said:

Servers being hacked aren't the same thing as accounts you idiot. Live servers weren't hacked, PSN servers were. Live servers never had mass amounts of personal data and credit card info stolen, PSN servers did. You're just looking for everything and anything to ignore how bad the PSN hack was.

Once again here we stand i posted info with LINKS and you have nothing but your biased opinion.

An attack was blame on Bungie.net were ever or not the hack happen on servers or not is meaningless because the end result is what matter stolen accounts money spend.

Live have credit cars account been stolen since 2007,people have been complaining since 2007,a hack was tag to Bungie.net,regardless of what you want to believe a hack is a hack period,and to the person who loss his account it matter in nothing how it was stolen but the fact that it was,funny enough PSN when down on 2011 5 years after the PS3 was out,and yet before that all you hear out there was my xbox live account was stolen,funny how still today xbox live had more complains about hack accounts than PSN,even that 77 million so call accounts where stolen.

The news was over blow,the hackers never got hold of the secret number which make it useless without,and the PSN hack allowed hackers to add found without touching credit cards,a 1 million dollar policy was in place and no one claim it period that should tell the whole story.

Oh please PSN hack wasn't bad i spend 3+ weeks without playing online that was it and i got 2 free games and PSN+ for my trouble now what those who got their live account stolen and money spend got.? Not even their money they got and their account lock for investigation for 30 days.

PSN wasn't worse than the time you people had to send your xbox 360 for repairs and wait up to 1 month to play on it,at least we could play offline.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

because a 5 year old cracked Xbone live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26879185

"Xbox password flaw exposed by five-year-old boy

A five-year-old boy who worked out a security vulnerability on Microsoft's Xbox Live service has been officially thanked by the company.

Kristoffer Von Hassel, from San Diego, figured out how to log in to his dad's account without the right password.

Microsoft has fixed the flaw, and added Kristoffer to its list of recognised security researchers.

In an interview with local news station KGTV, Kristoffer said: "I was like yea!"

The boy worked out that entering the wrong password into the log-in screen would bring up a second password verification screen.

Kristoffer discovered that if he simply pressed the space bar to fill up the password field, the system would let him in to his dad's account.

"I got nervous. I thought he was going to find out," Kristoffer told television station, KGTV.

"I thought someone was going to steal the Xbox."

Free games

Dad Robert - who works in security - sent details of the flaw to Microsoft.

In a statement, the company said: "We're always listening to our customers and thank them for bringing issues to our attention.

"We take security seriously at Xbox and fixed the issue as soon as we learned about it."

Kristoffer's name now appears on a page set up to thank people who have discovered problems with Microsoft products.

The company also gave him four free games, $50 (£30), and a year-long subscription to Xbox Live."

SW told me this only happens with PSN a 5 year old just saved MS!

here 5 year old get some free cookies LMAO MS

At least they didn't lose 77 million customers details, you can knock MS all day long but the real king of online Hack F*** ups is SONY,lol

Besides, what the boy did wasn't hacking , he stumbled on it purely by accident,

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By delta3074
@tormentos said:

Really it affected 77 million users.? I wonder how hell that was possible... Because on April 20 2011 the PS3 was 50 million units sold,not 77 not only that even if 77 million units would have been sold that would imply a 100% penetration of online user base on PS3 which isn't correct either.

The PS3 let you have multiple accounts,many people have 1 for US,1 EU and 1 Japan you can create an account for Japan even if you live on US.

So i would dare that some 20+ million maybe got affected,but 77 million is a joke,never reflected the reality.

Also since PSN doesn't require credit cards most people use PSN cards,and the other biggest story teller is that you don't saw millions upon millions of costumers claiming to be hack,in fact more people still complain about having their xbox live account hack that those on PSN,and on xbox 360 there was even a damn black market for those cards that were stolen.

http://kotaku.com/5504145/xbox-live-directors-account-hacked-are-you-next/all

Firstly, i already schooled you on this, the reason it was 77 million was because PSN includes PSP accounts as well, it wasn't just Ps3 accounts that where stolen.

Secondly, it dsoesn't matter what happened to your details, a BIG security breach is a big security Breach, SONY effed up, end of and you can defend them all you want but the truth is that the PSN hack was one of the worst in the history of stolen consumer details.

It doesn't matter how well they compensated you, the breach should not have happened in the first place.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

Firstly, i already schooled you on this, the reason it was 77 million was because PSN includes PSP accounts as well, it wasn't just Ps3 accounts that where stolen.

Secondly, it dsoesn't matter what happened to your details, a BIG security breach is a big security Breach, SONY effed up, end of and you can defend them all you want but the truth is that the PSN hack was one of the worst in the history of stolen consumer details.

It doesn't matter how well they compensated you, the breach should not have happened in the first place.

You schooled no one you butthurt lemming,most open account for the PSP were open using a PS3,so basically it was the same account,just like you can have one PSN account and work on PS3,PS4 and Vita.

So yeah 77 million accounts my ass,multiple accounts from the same PS3 alone kill that whole number,not to mention that online store on PSP didn't work it was buy by PC or PS3,funny enough when sony fans claimed the PS3 had 50 million accounts you were one of the first to use the multiple account excuse to prove how PSN didn't have those numbers.

So when the argument was PSN is at 50 million user the excuse by lemming was that every single PS3 owner had 2 or 3 accounts,but when the 77 million breach happen all of the sudden those 77 million accounts were unique..lol

Yeah it is but nothing happen and if nothing happen well NOTHING HAPPEN.

Sony put a policy NO ON CLAIM IT.

Sony was exonerated from the trail at court.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/10/news/companies/target-hacking/

And this things happen and will continue to happen Target one is say to be as big as 110 million people,oh and may i add that there are not multiple accounts from the same person on that.?

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1411070/data-more-100-million-south-korean-credit-cards-and-accounts-stolen

And will continue to happen.

Neither stolen account on xbox live and blame people for having weak passwords when your own customer services are trick into giving them away.

And once again Bungie.net was blame for a breach which MS deny just like they deny RROD.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

tormentos comes with proof and others with opinion

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

My my...look at all the dumb consolites. Instead of putting pressure to these blood sucking corporations to improve their security infrastructure they are defending their favorites on the basis of which got hacked for longer duration. Sick people.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts
@zeeshanhaider said:

My my...look at all the dumb consolites. Instead of putting pressure to these blood sucking corporations to improve their security infrastructure they are defending their favorites on the basis of which got hacked for longer duration. Sick people.

Are you new to System Wars?

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Microsoft *facepalm*

Hacked by a 5 year old while it took a team of hackers working who knows how long to bring down Sony.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@brucebenzing said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Are you new to System Wars?

No, but it is the height of stupidity when your credit card information got stolen and you still defend it. Morons!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Once again here we stand i posted info with LINKS and you have nothing but your biased opinion.

An attack was blame on Bungie.net were ever or not the hack happen on servers or not is meaningless because the end result is what matter stolen accounts money spend.

Live have credit cars account been stolen since 2007,people have been complaining since 2007,a hack was tag to Bungie.net,regardless of what you want to believe a hack is a hack period,and to the person who loss his account it matter in nothing how it was stolen but the fact that it was,funny enough PSN when down on 2011 5 years after the PS3 was out,and yet before that all you hear out there was my xbox live account was stolen,funny how still today xbox live had more complains about hack accounts than PSN,even that 77 million so call accounts where stolen.

The news was over blow,the hackers never got hold of the secret number which make it useless without,and the PSN hack allowed hackers to add found without touching credit cards,a 1 million dollar policy was in place and no one claim it period that should tell the whole story.

Oh please PSN hack wasn't bad i spend 3+ weeks without playing online that was it and i got 2 free games and PSN+ for my trouble now what those who got their live account stolen and money spend got.? Not even their money they got and their account lock for investigation for 30 days.

PSN wasn't worse than the time you people had to send your xbox 360 for repairs and wait up to 1 month to play on it,at least we could play offline.

Wrong loser, you posted link to accounts being hacked NOT Liver servers. In the same article it makes reference to bungie.net being the culprit NOT LIVE servers. According to you, if my WOW account was hacked would that be the same as the WOW servers being hacked? I mean thousands of WOW accounts are hacked every day.

I'm done with you kid. You have no idea what you're talking about and you'll just continue to post links to articles that DON'T even support your own argument. Go back to your moms basement kid.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#135  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@kingtito: Why so angry? There's no need to get upset over such petty things as these.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#136 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@lglz1337 said:

because a 5 year old cracked Xbone live

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26879185

"Xbox password flaw exposed by five-year-old boy

A five-year-old boy who worked out a security vulnerability on Microsoft's Xbox Live service has been officially thanked by the company.

Kristoffer Von Hassel, from San Diego, figured out how to log in to his dad's account without the right password.

Microsoft has fixed the flaw, and added Kristoffer to its list of recognised security researchers.

In an interview with local news station KGTV, Kristoffer said: "I was like yea!"

The boy worked out that entering the wrong password into the log-in screen would bring up a second password verification screen.

Kristoffer discovered that if he simply pressed the space bar to fill up the password field, the system would let him in to his dad's account.

"I got nervous. I thought he was going to find out," Kristoffer told television station, KGTV.

"I thought someone was going to steal the Xbox."

Free games

Dad Robert - who works in security - sent details of the flaw to Microsoft.

In a statement, the company said: "We're always listening to our customers and thank them for bringing issues to our attention.

"We take security seriously at Xbox and fixed the issue as soon as we learned about it."

Kristoffer's name now appears on a page set up to thank people who have discovered problems with Microsoft products.

The company also gave him four free games, $50 (£30), and a year-long subscription to Xbox Live."

SW told me this only happens with PSN a 5 year old just saved MS!

here 5 year old get some free cookies LMAO MS

MS has an entire page dedicated to people who over the years discovered security flaws. This isn't new, only its the kids age that's the story. There is no such thing as a perfect security system for online transactions/accounts. There never will be. Companies are constantly updating and patching and learning about what flaws can be exploited. Kudos to the kid though.

Kudos to the kid? The dad had a password on his account for a reason right? I believe if I were that kids dad he would be grounded from playing any games at all for awhile... just saying. However, I don't even need to put a password on my consoles, because my children know better than to mess around without permission in the first place. Sounds like the kid needs a little discipline... not free games and money... call me crazy.. but whateva... heh

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#137 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

The kid bypassed a parental code on his local Xbox, I wouldn't call that a hack at all. He just tried different things until one worked. What I love is that Microsoft instantly fixed this before news got out and all kids where accessing their parents consoles, and the family got a lot of free stuff, showing Microsoft does reward people that are of a great help. This is not a hack, this is similar to putting a picture of your friend up to a Samsung phone and logging in with the face detection.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

Wrong loser, you posted link to accounts being hacked NOT Liver servers. In the same article it makes reference to bungie.net being the culprit NOT LIVE servers. According to you, if my WOW account was hacked would that be the same as the WOW servers being hacked? I mean thousands of WOW accounts are hacked every day.

I'm done with you kid. You have no idea what you're talking about and you'll just continue to post links to articles that DON'T even support your own argument. Go back to your moms basement kid.

No i posted a link that claim that Bungie.net was a target of an attack that refer to bungies servers.

Funny enough phishing work on all platforms yet is xbox live the one that since 2007 is xbox live who suffer supposedly from it,while PSN accounts didn't.

Then Major Nelson own account was jacked...hahahaha the Hacker claim he can hack any account for a price how is that possible,phishing may allow you to have some accounts but not any account and Major nelson account been hack does make a point in his favor..

This wasn't phishing dude,and it was a clear message,but hey nothing a security expert didn't say already no one is safe online..

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

the most embarrassing thing I've seen xbone do is "lactate" vertically.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol jesus christ I sent el tormo into ultra damage control now he's either lying or trying to pass off weak password or phishing scams as xbox live servers being hacked.

lol PSN was hacked, Xbox live wasn't.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By tormentos

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol jesus christ I sent el tormo into ultra damage control now he's either lying or trying to pass off weak password or phishing scams as xbox live servers being hacked.

lol PSN was hacked, Xbox live wasn't.

Looks whos talking the dude who claim PSN was down 90 days based on the last town in Japan to get the service...hahahaha

But but Phishing or weak password...lol

So the guy who asked people to have strong passwords had a weak one.?

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,.....

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Don't forget Microsoft is also having gamers buy yet another version of the xbox one controller.....again.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/05/xbox-one-april-update-details/

@clyde46 said:

Did Sony thank those hackers who exposed the security flaw in PSN that let millions of customers data (held in plain text no less!) walk out of the door?

This old speech?

1) Not one single event of identity theft was reported by mastercard, visa, American express or paypal as a result.

2) Sony wasn't the only company to get hacked by those. HB gary a internet forensics specialist company, mastercard, foreign governments, square enix, bioware and dozens of other companies were also hacked and had customer data stolen. So why don't you accuse them? Sony also reported the intrusion to the public in half the time of anyone else hacked.

3) Sony offered every single PSN user 1 million dollars of identity theft insurance free of charge.

4) The CCV codes were encrypted and hosted off site which rendered credit card information useless. Hence no reports of theft.

5) Sony didn't "let" anyone take data. Much like the dozens of other places hacked by anon didn't let them take it from them either.

Jesus man leave that poor horse alone, you guys have beaten it into nothing but red paste.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

No i posted a link that claim that Bungie.net was a target of an attack that refer to bungies servers.

Funny enough phishing work on all platforms yet is xbox live the one that since 2007 is xbox live who suffer supposedly from it,while PSN accounts didn't.

Then Major Nelson own account was jacked...hahahaha the Hacker claim he can hack any account for a price how is that possible,phishing may allow you to have some accounts but not any account and Major nelson account been hack does make a point in his favor..

This wasn't phishing dude,and it was a clear message,but hey nothing a security expert didn't say already no one is safe online..

Bungie.net is NOT Live dude, what don't you understand about that?

That's not the same thing as the servers getting hacked. PSN servers were comprised and data was stolen. Live account being hijacked isn't the same and it's on a case by case basis. PSN hack effected EVERYONE that had a PSN account and forced Sony to shut down the servers.

Hacking accounts =/= hacking Live servers

peafowlplumage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 peafowlplumage
Member since 2013 • 38 Posts

@underdog123x said:

This 5 year old has just proven that he's more intelligent than the entire Playstation fanbase

QFT

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

You schooled no one you butthurt lemming,most open account for the PSP were open using a PS3,so basically it was the same account,just like you can have one PSN account and work on PS3,PS4 and Vita.

So yeah 77 million accounts my ass,multiple accounts from the same PS3 alone kill that whole number,not to mention that online store on PSP didn't work it was buy by PC or PS3,funny enough when sony fans claimed the PS3 had 50 million accounts you were one of the first to use the multiple account excuse to prove how PSN didn't have those numbers.

So when the argument was PSN is at 50 million user the excuse by lemming was that every single PS3 owner had 2 or 3 accounts,but when the 77 million breach happen all of the sudden those 77 million accounts were unique..lol

Yeah it is but nothing happen and if nothing happen well NOTHING HAPPEN.

Sony put a policy NO ON CLAIM IT.

Sony was exonerated from the trail at court.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/10/news/companies/target-hacking/

And this things happen and will continue to happen Target one is say to be as big as 110 million people,oh and may i add that there are not multiple accounts from the same person on that.?

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1411070/data-more-100-million-south-korean-credit-cards-and-accounts-stolen

And will continue to happen.

Neither stolen account on xbox live and blame people for having weak passwords when your own customer services are trick into giving them away.

And once again Bungie.net was blame for a breach which MS deny just like they deny RROD.

SONY where not cleared over the PSN hack dude

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21160818

'Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has been fined £250,000 ($396,100) following a "serious breach" of the Data Protection Act.

UK authorities said a hack in April 2011 "could have been prevented".

The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) criticised the entertainment giant for not having up-to-date security software.'

Being cleared in one country does not mean being cleared dude.

and you can forget about your own maths, i will trust the official reports that 77 million accounts where compromised, SONY themselves even admitted it was that many.

'By Sony's count, 70 million users subscribe to the cloud-based PSN, which lets users play games, stream entertainment content and connect with one another around the world. The company has not revealed how many of its users have been affected by the data breach.'

BY SONYS COUNT, Sony admitted themselves that there are 70 million+ users on PSN, are you gonna say they don't even know how many people use there own service?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/26/playstation-network-hacker-stole-user-data_n_854106.html

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 delta3074
@Gargus said:

Don't forget Microsoft is also having gamers buy yet another version of the xbox one controller.....again.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/05/xbox-one-april-update-details/

@clyde46 said:

Did Sony thank those hackers who exposed the security flaw in PSN that let millions of customers data (held in plain text no less!) walk out of the door?

This old speech?

1) Not one single event of identity theft was reported by mastercard, visa, American express or paypal as a result.

2) Sony wasn't the only company to get hacked by those. HB gary a internet forensics specialist company, mastercard, foreign governments, square enix, bioware and dozens of other companies were also hacked and had customer data stolen. So why don't you accuse them? Sony also reported the intrusion to the public in half the time of anyone else hacked.

3) Sony offered every single PSN user 1 million dollars of identity theft insurance free of charge.

4) The CCV codes were encrypted and hosted off site which rendered credit card information useless. Hence no reports of theft.

5) Sony didn't "let" anyone take data. Much like the dozens of other places hacked by anon didn't let them take it from them either.

Jesus man leave that poor horse alone, you guys have beaten it into nothing but red paste.

It was cows that started this thread, not lemmings and i think it's pretty stupid of SONY fanboys to start a thread about Xbox getting hacked when you look at SONY's past history.

Also, your logic is flawed.

Nobodys money got stolen= OK for PSN to have security breach

Lot of other people got hacked=OK for PSN to have a security Breach

It was also pointed out that SONY themselves WHERE partly to blame for the PSN hack because they where suing outdated servers, outsated security software, they fired half there online security staff days before the Hack and they had ignored earlier intrusions.

It is NEVER OK for an online security breach, you cannot let SONY off for the PSN breach and nobody should let MS off for this quite frankly.

All i can say is that MS must be really, really stupid to not notice an exploit like this in there own sign in system, someone made a huge monumental F*** up with this one.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

LMAO all this lemming damage control.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By tormentos

@delta3074 said:

SONY where not cleared over the PSN hack dude

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21160818

'Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has been fined £250,000 ($396,100) following a "serious breach" of the Data Protection Act.

UK authorities said a hack in April 2011 "could have been prevented".

The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) criticised the entertainment giant for not having up-to-date security software.'

Being cleared in one country does not mean being cleared dude.

and you can forget about your own maths, i will trust the official reports that 77 million accounts where compromised, SONY themselves even admitted it was that many.

'By Sony's count, 70 million users subscribe to the cloud-based PSN, which lets users play games, stream entertainment content and connect with one another around the world. The company has not revealed how many of its users have been affected by the data breach.'

BY SONYS COUNT, Sony admitted themselves that there are 70 million+ users on PSN, are you gonna say they don't even know how many people use there own service?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/26/playstation-network-hacker-stole-user-data_n_854106.html

A US district judge has cleared Sony of any charges of wrongdoing in a class-action lawsuit filed against the publisher for its PSN outage in April 2011.

Not guilty! Now get out!

According to Courthouse News Service, the class said Sony "negligently failed to provide adequate firewalls and safeguards" putting more than 69 million PlayStation users' personal information at risk.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-23-class-action-lawsuit-over-sonys-2011-psn-outage-dismissed

And here in US where i live they won...

Much like Android loss cases in US and won them in some courts outside you live on UK for your they are guilty for me no they are not i live in US and they won here.

Yes count 70 million now stop playing dumb i have 3 accounts,how many do you have on your dusty PS3.?

Trying to imply that those accounts are unique is a joke and show how much of a biased ass fanboy you are, the PS3 was at 50 million and accounts for the PSP where mostly open on PS3,because the PSP didn't have a store,hell the PSP release before the PS3,there was no store,so you could open a new account for your PSP or use the one you have already,and since we all know PS3 fans have multiple accounts yeah that number is not accurate in any way,dividing it by just 2 account is like 35 million way lower that the number claim,and if you divide it by 3...lol

23 million...

So yeah this is the reason why nothing happen the whole thing was blown out of proportions,if that happen now and sony say 20 million PSN+ account where hack well yeah 20 million were hack,but on PS3 that 70 million number mean nothing.

Oh and they know how many people are on their service,but multiple accounts were also accounted,and you will make me go here and search for the thread about PS reaching certain numbers and you people dissing it as multiple accounts...lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tormentos
@kingtito said:

That's not the same thing as the servers getting hacked. PSN servers were comprised and data was stolen. Live account being hijacked isn't the same and it's on a case by case basis. PSN hack effected EVERYONE that had a PSN account and forced Sony to shut down the servers.

Bungie.net was part of MS and stored password,and info from Halo owners dude.

I will keep pulling that screen every time you try to deny that xbox live can't be hack,because i think that is the only way you can get Major nelson own account on xbox live,Major Nelson will not have a weak password or his account will be phish..lol

Oh an read the name : AK47 CANT JACK ANY ACCOUNT AND THEN ANY ACCOUNT $100 PAYPAL.

You just can't phish any account on xbox live you just can't,not every account has a weak password.

Just because it is case by case it doesn't mean that it wasn't hacked.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Bungie.net was part of MS and stored password,and info from Halo owners dude.

I will keep pulling that screen every time you try to deny that xbox live can't be hack,because i think that is the only way you can get Major nelson own account on xbox live,Major Nelson will not have a weak password or his account will be phish..lol

Oh an read the name : AK47 CANT JACK ANY ACCOUNT AND THEN ANY ACCOUNT $100 PAYPAL.

You just can't phish any account on xbox live you just can't,not every account has a weak password.

Just because it is case by case it doesn't mean that it wasn't hacked.

Bungie.net was NOT the Live servers dude. LIVE servers =/= bungie.net

I never said Live can't be hacked, I said it WASN'T hacked and accounts being hijacked ISN'T the same thing as LIVE being hacked you moron.

Let me ask you a question. If my Yahoo account was hacked, does that mean the Yahoo servers were hacked? When I World Of Warcraft account was hacked, did that mean the World Of Warcraft servers were hacked? I mean thousands of World Of Warcraft accounts are hijacked every single day.

WTF are you talking about? You can phish any account. Every PW can be taken dude.

If the LIVE servers were hacked, then ALL the accounts would be comprised dude, not just a small % out of the millions. When PSN was hacked, it put ALL 77million or so accounts at risk, not just a few thousand. I'm really not sure how you're not seeing the difference. You're either being willfully ignorant or trolling. I'm going to side with ignorant since that seems to be your M.O since you started posting here.