UK survey shows Stadia is a threat to consoles, but mostly Microsoft.

• 60 results
Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

On phone so I ripped the entire thing.

https://www.gamesradar.com/exclusive-over-50-of-console-gamers-are-interested-in-subscribing-to-google-stadia-new-survey-reveals/

Over 50% of console gamers in the UK are interested in subscribing to Google Stadia, the newly revealed cloud gaming service due to be released by the tech giant later this year, reveals a new survey from technology research firm Harris Interactive*, presented in association with GamesRadar+.

A sizeable portion of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo's playerbase could make the jump to cloud streaming for their interactive entertainment in the near future, claims Harris Interactive, who interviewed over 2000 participants via a bespoke online poll, where 34% of its responders expressed interested in subscribing to Stadia, jumping to an interest level of 58% among console gamers. What's more, the poll found that 4 in 10 people in the UK were already aware of Google Stadia within a week of its big reveal, and over a third of the participating console gamers admitted to being "very familiar" of the service's upcoming release. This level of awareness bodes well for Google, which is keen to reach as wide a market as possible.

This is a pic of the survey.

https://i.imgur.com/ctD0d5j.png

Best hope for bone 2 is if the ps5 explodes when you unbox it.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

PlayStation is still king.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

Just stop.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

The more threatened they are, the less complacent and piss taking they are to the consumer.

And Microsoft sure take the piss out of Xbots. God, being a pc gamer is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I don't see console owners not getting PS5/Xbox Two and opting for Stadia.

I see it as a way to access gamers who aren't normally playing AAA/Indies games in first place. Like all those people playing mobile games, I mean people already playing awesome indies, might as well give them AAA shit.

I'm more likely to not buy a PC, than I am a console over Stadia. I could see myself buying Surface Pro instead of new graphics card and just game on my Surface. But eh, Stadia is gonna be like Epic, and gonna have to be a reason to use it on the side.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

On phone so I ripped the entire thing.

https://www.gamesradar.com/exclusive-over-50-of-console-gamers-are-interested-in-subscribing-to-google-stadia-new-survey-reveals/

Over 50% of console gamers in the UK are interested in subscribing to Google Stadia, the newly revealed cloud gaming service due to be released by the tech giant later this year, reveals a new survey from technology research firm Harris Interactive*, presented in association with GamesRadar+.

A sizeable portion of Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo's playerbase could make the jump to cloud streaming for their interactive entertainment in the near future, claims Harris Interactive, who interviewed over 2000 participants via a bespoke online poll, where 34% of its responders expressed interested in subscribing to Stadia, jumping to an interest level of 58% among console gamers. What's more, the poll found that 4 in 10 people in the UK were already aware of Google Stadia within a week of its big reveal, and over a third of the participating console gamers admitted to being "very familiar" of the service's upcoming release. This level of awareness bodes well for Google, which is keen to reach as wide a market as possible.

This is a pic of the survey.

https://i.imgur.com/ctD0d5j.png

Best hope for bone 2 is if the ps5 explodes when you unbox it.

Google's solution has "compressed pixels".

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@saltslasher said:

I see it as a way to access gamers who aren't normally playing AAA/Indies games in first place. Like all those people playing mobile games, I mean people already playing awesome indies, might as well give them AAA shit.

I'm more likely to not buy a PC, than I am a console over Stadia. I could see myself buying Surface Pro instead of new graphics card and just game on my Surface. But eh, Stadia is gonna be like Epic, and gonna have to be a reason to use it on the side.

You xbox fans ALWAYS hilariously contradicting yourselves.

Virtually all of you guys were screaming "streaming is the future", "consoles are dead" literally right up until Google showed that their Steaming model was vastly superior and took a literal dump on MS in terms of their streaming solution.

NOW you guys are back to suggesting people should actually buy MS's useless physical box again?

lol cool story

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

The more threatened they are, the less complacent and piss taking they are to the consumer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@boxrekt said:
@saltslasher said:

You xbox fans ALWAYS hilariously contradicting yourselves.

Virtually all of you guys were screaming "streaming is the future", "consoles are dead" literally right up until Google showed that their Steaming model was vastly superior and took a literal dump on MS in terms of their streaming solution.

NOW you guys are back to suggesting people should actually buy MS's useless physical box again?

lol cool story

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uninspiredcup

@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Not too long ago trying to make the Xbox a DRM 1-copy-per-a-console controlled console that required consistent sign in. A 1984 dystopian nightmare.

Quick to forget, quick to dismiss.

Apple is inadvertently protecting you guys wither you're aware of it or not. They will be less likely to take advantage of their user-base' absolute lack of standards.

Only reason that didn't pass is because Sony used it as marketing against them, otherwise they would happily ridden you fellows like a worn out donkey.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56119 Posts

Well this will be interesting with everyone making their own streaming services. EA is working on their own service. Imagine MS and Sony and Google streaming with no Madden and FIFA. Then if Ubisoft and Take-Two and Square Enix each decide to do their own streaming services. It will be chaos. Much like TV streaming is becoming. Microsoft has been trying to push this but Google may get the jumpstart now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Not too long ago trying to make the Xbox a DRM 1-copy-per-a-console controlled console that required consistent sign in. A 1984 dystopian nightmare.

Apple is inadvertently protecting you guys wither you're aware of it or not. They will be less likely to take advantage of their user-base' absolute lack of standards.

Only reason that didn't pass is because Sony used it as marketing against them, otherwise they would happily ridden you fellows like a worn out donkey.

Loading Video...

0/10

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup

@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Loading Video...

0/10

Keep telling yourself that, I'll remain happy in the knowledge of being factual correct.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Loading Video...

0/10

Keep telling yourself that, I'll remain happy in the knowledge of being factual correct.

Your trolling is like a cup, uninspiring :(

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

MS is literally heading this direction why would someone that’s on Xbox now abandon all their digital purchases and go to another platform that’s gonna offer the same thing. Like do you guys even use your head???

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

And that's why PS5 is not going full streaming because of all competitiors. It's like seeing a bunch cars racing in traffic. It's going to stay old school and I think that is why people will like about it. Also, ps5 will an extra card in its sleeve which is the vr.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Surprising. But "interested" doesn't mean planning on it. I mean, I'm intellectually curious about the serviceand how out still perform. But I'm not planning on becoming a customer

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Wishful thinking on your part me thinks. lol

Next gen will be all about the big boys..... Phony and Nintendont who? :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69515 Posts

I am not understanding it being a threat to consoles but mostly Microsoft when Sony is on top.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@Ant_17: Given the average speed of the internet in the UK, the vast majority will not be able to play Stadia.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xantufrog  Moderator

@kadin_kai: what's the average speed of selectively 58% of console gamers who are interested in Stadia in 2 years?

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@xantufrog: ? Huh?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator

@kadin_kai: I was being a bit snarky - but my thought experiment was basically that the 58% of console gamer respondents might in fact all be stadia-ready; or might be, by the time it comes out. More broadly, if they are representative of their group, is it ridiculous to think console gamers who are currently interested in Stadia may happen to be a community with Stadia-ready internet speeds in the next couple of years?

Most people in the US are not Stadia-ready. But most of the people with insufficient internet speeds are probably also people who are not Stadia-interested

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@boxrekt: It was Ponys who claimed that Ms is leaving the console business, even after they had announced two upcoming new consoles. Not lems claiming consoles were dead.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ant_17

@tom-pepper: wow that is cheap. Here a 25 mbps is 20 euro.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44195 Posts

Meh. I have no plans on ever hopping on the streaming bandwagon myself. As long as there are consoles that play games locally and on a physical medium then that’s where I’ll be.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ant_17

@tom-pepper: is that just Internet? I have land line and TV for my price.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Pretty worrying for Sony actually that so many people are open to streaming games.

Their cobbled together PSNow service isn't going to cut it LOL

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

It just means they are interested in trying it. They won’t ditch consoles forever.

Once it comes out, they try it and realize how bad it is, they will go back to consoles.

The hardcore know it’s going to suck because of input lag, crashes and not actually owning the game.

The news will spread. Gamers want the best and won’t settle for trash like streaming.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

I'm very interested in it if it works well. That's just less clutter in my house.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ant_17

@RR360DD: they can turn it off for all I care, ps5 won't be a stream box so Microsoft are getting dp'ed from both sides. Normal gaming by Sony and streaming gaming by Google.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

OP cow_17 translated "interested" into ooh this is bad for MS.

Doom & gloom I tellz ya rofl.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ant_17

@i_p_daily: yes, cry foul all you want in system wars, I'm sure someone will kiss you where it hurts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Ant_17 said:

@i_p_daily: yes, cry foul all you want in system wars, I'm sure someone will kiss you where it hurts.

You're the one who seems hurt as you put 2 & 2 together and came up with 10 lol.

Epic fail lol.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ant_17

@i_p_daily: no, that's what you came up, since you're dense as an xbox. Out off all console makers, lems are getting the bone SAD so you lose the most.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@ajstyles said:

They won’t ditch consoles forever.

Gamers want the best and won’t settle for trash

There is a huge disconnect in these 2 lines.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9549 Posts

It isn't and will not be a threat for several years. Maybe by the time there is a Stadia 2.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

“No one wants an xbox that uses cloud services and gaming hurrrrr” - cows past few years

“cLoUd^ gOoGlE coNsOLe WiLL kILl xBOx” - Cows today

You don’t even need to try, you guys make yourselves look like fools.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Ant_17 said:

@i_p_daily: no, that's what you came up, since you're dense as an xbox. Out off all console makers, lems are getting the bone SAD so you lose the most.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ant_17

@i_p_daily: like I said, dense as an xbox.

Post your next meme.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Stadia will suck ass through a straw.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ant_17

@X_CAPCOM_X: heard it will use 25gb per hour. Is that the game or the data they mine from use.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

@X_CAPCOM_X: heard it will use 25gb per hour. Is that the game or the data they mine from use.

If that's true, then damn... In Canada, they like to use the word "unlimited," but it comes with a behind-the-scenes cap which they stick in as an asterisked point, or deep in the ToU. I use almost a terabyte a month as is.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

Hahahahahahaaaaaa

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Hahahahahahaaaaaa

Sony could also use "compressed pixels" marketing against Google's stream gaming service.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ronvalencia

@uninspiredcup said:
@i_p_daily said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Sony could use the same "step 1 share game marketing" against Google and beat them.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

If Stadia is successful you can pretty much guarantee consoles to follow suit and at the very least have a more prominent streaming service integrated into their console OS and advertised to you every time you switch on your console. in fact, they will probably break you in first and include it in your usual subscription or give you it free for a period of time to get you invested and If that happens I fully expect console gamers of today to lap it up and invite in practically fully streamed console gaming in the near future. The question is: can any of these companies compete with Google for exclusive rights?

The PC should be fine for the most part as more game engines like Unity, UE, Godot, Lumberyard and Cocos continue to make it easier and cheaper for small dev teams to make great looking and original games while platforms like Steam make it easy to get your game published.