UK Charts-Infamous Debuts #1 | PS Vita Rises #VitaMeansLife

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

LanceX2 having a meltdown.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Well be interesting to see the charts for the next few weeks considering there's no new games of note.

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

@lglz1337 said:

LMAO Titancrap survived 1 week a exclusive game dethroned a multiplat also a 2 hour demo did aswell LMAO

TLHBO!!

LOL you can't spin the fact that XB1 alone sold more copies in its launch week than Infamous did (despite having a smaller install base).

99/100 a new game will always hit the top spot in the charts, this is another fact.

PC sales of titanfall retailcopy are way down the chart because more people bought it digitally.

Dat spin

Dat damage control

All dose salty tears

There is no spin, damage control or tears.

I have presented facts.

it's pointless to continue if that's all you've got.

Your whining about the "biggest launch of the year" despite the largest recorded second week drop of the year and the fact that Infamous likely did close to it without all the manufactured hype. PS4 is the best selling console of the week too.

Was there a point for you posting in here but for damage control? But hey, I guess you need something to take your mind off the wider failure of the Xbone.

I am not whining....I am stating a fact....you can try and spin it all you like. Titanfall on XB1 is the biggest launch of the year.

Cery rarely does a game stay at number one in the UK charts for more than a week.

I already stated the reasons why it is unsurprising that titanfall fell two places.

There is no damage to control, Titanfall is the biggest retail game of the year so far on either console in terms of sales and scores. There are loads of people enjoying it and you think i am Whining and worried?

oh god lol, cows are delusional.

Everything always falls down on charts. However, some things have long legs and they can stay in top 10 for a very long time. Time is going to tell how it's going to be in Titanfall's case, though I think it has a lot bigger chances to stay in top 10 for longer period of time than Infamous: SS.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Finaly an exclusive game for the ps4, no wonder people are going crazy around it.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

Wowzer. So much for that "Xbone catching up to the PS4" narrative lems tried to push. Combine that with the hard Xbone software plunge and Mehdi must be sweating right now, poor lad.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i think this had more to do with stock being available than anything else. regardless, there goes the titanfall bump hahha

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Wowzer. So much for that "Xbone catching up to the PS4" narrative lems tried to push. Combine that with the hard Xbone software plunge and Mehdi must be sweating right now, poor lad.

No, it has been known for at least 6 days that whereas X1 enjoyed 96% sales boost, PS4 has gotten 72% one.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/18/xbox-one-sales-titanfall-playstation-4

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sts106mat said:

that's not the brightest comment i've seen you make.

Titanfall on XB1 was the Biggest Launch of the year so far in the UK. that is a FACT. It even outsold FIFA14 across multiple platforms, That is a FACT. in case you don't realise, FIFA is to the UK what Madden is to the US.

The install base of the XB1 is also relatively small. for one of the most anticipated games of the year, the highest number of sales will of course be during week 1 (this is the same for almost every game). Add to that the game is multiplayer only, meaning that everyone is in a rush to get online and start progressing, it is not surprising that it drops off the top spot.

On top of that, Titanfall is the first game, from a new studio, delivering a brand new IP, without a single player campaign.......lets not forget that. then consider that MGS & infamous are well known, established franchises.

what will be interesting to see is how if the game stays in the top ten long term due to word of mouth on just how much fun and addictive the game is to play..

We also have to consider there might be people like you in the UK who buy the game without evening owning a console to play it on :-).

Fifa was given on launch free,Titanfall is only gave free to new owners,so yeah it sold outsold it.

Infamous just arrived lest wait and see how much it last,MGS is very popular as you can see on PS4 58% of the sales,that mean PS4>PS3+Xbox 360+xbox one so is eating allot from Infamous and still Infamous stormed into first place,Infamous didn't won 60 awards and didn't have half a billion in ads and is doing great..

What you shouldn't forget is the millions MS has riding on this game and how you people and the media had been hyping it to be the best thing ever since E3 last year,Infamous on the other hand impressed people because it is a beauty.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GrenadeLauncher

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

No, it has been known for at least 6 days that whereas X1 enjoyed 96% sales boost, PS4 has gotten 72% one.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/18/xbox-one-sales-titanfall-playstation-4

Yeah, that's what I was referring to: this is on top of last week's sales boost.

Hint to Sony: this is what happens when you actually produce stock.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By tormentos

@sts106mat said:

@lglz1337 said:

LMAO Titancrap survived 1 week a exclusive game dethroned a multiplat also a 2 hour demo did aswell LMAO

TLHBO!!

LOL you can't spin the fact that XB1 alone sold more copies in its launch week than Infamous did (despite having a smaller install base).

99/100 a new game will always hit the top spot in the charts, this is another fact.

PC sales of titanfall retailcopy are way down the chart because more people bought it digitally.

Most xbox fans are buying Titanfall most PS4 fans are not just buying Infamous alone,as you can see Infamous is 1 MGS5 is 2 and MGS5 sold 58% on PS4 the second biggest was the xbox one probably with 18 or 19% fallow by the PS3 with 15%,it sold more than double of what MGS5 sold on xbox one + xbox 360 and probably 3 to 1 or more vs the xbox one version,and still Infamous landed on 1st.

Come on dude when the xbox one won the weeks it won it was leaked in the same way stop the damage control,like i told you Titanfall had a huge push market wise and was what most xbox users were buying it shows.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames

Funny the first to games on Amazon UK now are the same top 2 games on Chart track as well.

Infamous Bundle at number 6 Titanfall bundle number 43....Oh and there is another PS4 at 23 to..

It was good while it lasted apparently new stocks arriving in UK + Infamous send the xbox one spinning down again.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

Titanfall on XB1 was the Biggest Launch of the year so far in the UK. that is a FACT. It even outsold FIFA14 across multiple platforms, That is a FACT. in case you don't realise, FIFA is to the UK what Madden is to the US.

The install base of the XB1 is also relatively small. for one of the most anticipated games of the year, the highest number of sales will of course be during week 1 (this is the same for almost every game). Add to that the game is multiplayer only, meaning that everyone is in a rush to get online and start progressing, it is not surprising that it drops off the top spot.

On top of that, Titanfall is the first game, from a new studio, delivering a brand new IP, without a single player campaign.......lets not forget that. then consider that MGS & infamous are well known, established franchises.

what will be interesting to see is how if the game stays in the top ten long term due to word of mouth on just how much fun and addictive the game is to play..

We also have to consider there might be people like you in the UK who buy the game without evening owning a console to play it on :-).

Fifa was given on launch free,Titanfall is only gave free to new owners,so yeah it sold outsold it.

Infamous just arrived lest wait and see how much it last,MGS is very popular as you can see on PS4 58% of the sales,that mean PS4>PS3+Xbox 360+xbox one so is eating allot from Infamous and still Infamous stormed into first place,Infamous didn't won 60 awards and didn't have half a billion in ads and is doing great..

What you shouldn't forget is the millions MS has riding on this game and how you people and the media had been hyping it to be the best thing ever since E3 last year,Infamous on the other hand impressed people because it is a beauty.

Doubt it was just the bundle, that was between all formats.

Besides, the FIFA number that week was something like 60,000 so topping it is hardly impressive. What is significant is by how much it got overtopped. No doubt both IF and TF topped it, with TF getting a smaller 10% boost from the PC version.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Titanfall is still the biggest launch of the year in UK though.

And a huge number of people bought Titanfall digitally so it wont show in these charts.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@tormentos said:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC-Video-Games/zgbs/videogames

Funny the first to games on Amazon UK now are the same top 2 games on Chart track as well.

Infamous Bundle number 6 Titanfall bundle number 43....Oh and there is another PS3 at 23 to..

It was good while it lasted apparently new stocks arriving in UK + Infamous send the xbox one spinning down again.

Hahaha, holy shit, I was unaware the Xbone bundle has crashed that hard. Dem legs!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Nice to see SONY doing so well over the pond. Bloody brilliant I say,

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

ps4 and vita are taking no prisoners. the domination has won

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

Fifa was given on launch free! wow, it is still available on the PS3 and Xbox360, you know, the consoles with the largest install base in the UK. Titanfall XB1's launch beat FIFA across all platforms......poor damage control eltormo.

MGS4 isn't "eating a lot from infamous" where did you figure that out, by your logic, MGS on XB1 is eating titanfall.......poor damage control again eltormo.

Yes, MS and EA have millions riding on the game and its success.

Question:- If people bought infamous "because of it's beauty" and titanfall because of how much fun it is to play (which the awards and reviews both back up), who are the real gamers now?

First of all beating Fifa on all platforms mean little Fifa compete with tons of games on those platforms Titanfall has sh** competing with it on xbox one,you talk as if the game had sold 10 million on UK when the xbox one doesn't even had 2 million units in UK man if it outsold Fifa across all platforms Fifa most have sold like utter sh**.

But hey let me hep you there..

Despite only coming out on Xbox One and PC (the Xbox 360 version is released at the end of the month) Titanfall has already sold more than twice that of FIFA 14 – up until now the biggest seller of 2014.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/17/titanfall-is-biggest-launch-of-2014-in-latest-uk-charts-4621350/

Titanfall XBO+PC sold more than Fifa across all platforms based on 2014 sales,Fifa was a launch game,which mean it has been selling since launch and the majority of the sales were picked on launch.

So yeah i knew something what wrong with your claim.

That mean sh** since most of Fifa sales came in on launch.

Really so MGS5 sold 58% on xbox one.? the PS4 version account for more than half of all copies sold when the game is on 4 platforms including the xbox one and you want to pretend is not eating allot from the PS4.? The PS4 version wiped the floor with the xbox one version dude it outsold the xbox one and xbox 360 version combined by more than double so if the game sold 30K on xbox one,and 10k on xbox 360,the PS4 version sold like 90k is not even close,on a game that was very popular on PS.

Keep the spinning alive..

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Sweenix said:

@sts106mat said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Congrats to infamous and PS4!! man i cant wait to play this game!

HUGE ass drop for TitanFall it sure dosent seem to have done well at all in terms of sales.

On top of that, Titanfall is the first game, from a new studio, delivering a brand new IP, without a single player campaign.......lets not forget that, then consider that MGS & infamous are well known, established franchises.

Titanfall sold around 130k i think? while infamous did 100k+ So, the difference isn't much. But given the install base difference, it is impressive.

Anyways

The PS4 outsold the XB1 this week

Oh snap, lems on suicide watch again.

So much for Titanfall saving the Xbone in UK.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

ou cows are fuxking hilarious. Of. Purse it beat it during launch week. Wait and see which games have legs. Here's a hint, titanfall will last longer and sell more then both infamous and GY

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@sts106mat: blablabla overhyped marketing game dropped demo outsold it! no spin

LMAO @forza bbbnut the score..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

Nice to see SONY doing so well over the pond. Bloody brilliant I say,

Booooo.. all day yesterday watching TV on your XBone? why you no play titanfall

I was on holiday with the kids. I got the disk from Gamefly last week and didn't even install it. XD I will be playing this week though and I'll probably get tore up now that everybody is leveled up and I'm just starting. :(

If you're around this weekend, I'll look for you. It would be in the early evening your time, around 6-7pm when I'd jump on.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@edwardecl said:

Titanfall needed to do better than this. People are talking about it doing good for it's install base... but this game needed to be a system seller perhaps even the best system seller of all time...

Oh come on, that's total BS. All Titanfall has to do is (A), be a very good game which it is. (B), sell Xbox Ones which it is doing, and (C) continue to be patched/updated/DLC for the game to have legs. A new IP breaking records isn't an easy thing to do. You build a strong foundation and you grow it. No one game can do for a system what a worldwide price drop can, and that's really where I think MS is going. TF has done its job from what I can see The goal isn't first month sales, but a long term game constantly improved with additional content and tweaks. TF has done its job so far. Marketing and hype are from gamers and MS. A ton of people like Titanfall. Its reviewed well. I think its very simple minded to think any one game made by an dev is a systems holy grail. Its always console price and the depth of its offerings and services these days that sell consoles.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

Fifa is available on multiple platforms. Fifa in the UK is as big as madden is in the US. If you dont understand that, let me say that behind COD, Fifa is probably the next biggest selling game it stays very high in the charts for months on end. It is huge here.

I can't understand that babble about MGS without reading at least twice and i can't be bothered, since you'll just ingore any rebuttal anyways.

Saves your spin Titanfall PC+ XBO outsold Fifa 2014 sales not the sales since launch which i am sure beat Titanfall silly even more on all platforms,so yeah Fifa was a launch game and most of its sales were on launch.

No i didn't ignore you rebuttal you blind lemming MGS5 on S4 outsold the xbox one version like 3 to 1..

Fact is we have 2 game that landed the same week on PS4 and both landed on top of Titanfall and since Titanfall is a multiplatform and you are holding tied to it,hell i may as well hype how MGS5 also beat Titanfall the same week Infamous came,so 2 against 1 keep the spin alive..

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@lancex2 said:

ou cows are fuxking hilarious. Of. Purse it beat it during launch week. Wait and see which games have legs. Here's a hint, titanfall will last longer and sell more then both infamous and GY

LanceX2 still having a meltdown.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

Tormentos......of course mgs sold more onnPS. Its been exclusive til raiden one. Its like Mario selling moe on Nintendo if it became multiplat and bragging. Just dumb ignorance. In this thread and forum r

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#82  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Dumb cows with their "eclijusive" yammering... lol

eclijusive? Really?? lol

I really am laughing... I mean I understand a typo... but that is too far of a stretch... thank you for my morning laugh with my coffee and burrito. That got the day started.... WOOOOOOOO

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

So much delicious lem tears in this thread

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

There is still an infamous sticky. Please keep this in there, thanks.