U$400 PC vs PS4 in Assassins Creed IV

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

How did you figure that console games will cost $20 more on average? Kind of funny when the thread is about a game that's the same price on consoles and pc.

Also you need to factor in the trade in's and the fact that console gamers can share games.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

fakeboy thread

FerdMertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FerdMertz
Member since 2006 • 1034 Posts

I got a PS4 as a Christmas present so that means they're free, right?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@tormentos said:

@04dcarraher said:

@farrell2k said:

The PS4 GPU beats a 7850 by about 5%, but doesn't hit the performance of the 7870.

Is this what this is all about? Do all console kiddies think that the PS4 GPU is as powerful as a 7870? I have e feeling that they do, which would explain their confusion.

Whats funny is that el tormentos claims a 600 GFLOP difference between the X1 and PS4 and claims 50% performance difference but when there is more a 600 GFLOP difference between the PS4 gpu and 7870 their equal..... when in fact there is basically a 30% difference.

The difference is simple the xbox one and PS4 are BOTH close systems,which benefit from having special tools just for them,and game make just for them,both system at are par there,the 7870 on PC is not on a close system and works in a scale,it doesn't get the benefit the PS4 gets,not only that the PS4 GPU is modify for heavy compute,and has other advantages as well like having true HSA and hUMA design which the 7870 lacks in true form alto is compatible.

The 7800GTX on the PS3 was gimped and yeah the PS3 surpass the 7800GTX silly in graphics,the PS4 has some modifications that the 7870 lack and is higher than the 7850 in spec,prove to me how the 7870 destroy the 7850,because from all i know it just does a few more frames per second,hardly what you call destroy..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/857?vs=778

Case in point...

Same quality a few frames more..

Your so full of yourself.... thinking that those close systems with piss poor cpu's with mid tier gpu will perform better then a system with a stronger cpu with gpu's that are faster at same quality..... Plus dont forget that AMD gpu's are getting Mantle plus the fact that direct x 11 is not like older direct x's and the overhead is smaller. Your an idiot if you think just because the PS4 gpu has a more ACE's for compute workloads that allows the 1.84 TFLOP gpu to perform any better with rendering abilities then a gpu that's 30% or 660 GFLOPS faster. Also claiming HSA and HUMA are pointless because HSA is also on PC and HUMA is smoke screen you hide behind because HUMA is only useful for APU's because of the lack of processing power behind the hood.

Now moving onto PS3's RSX. OMG are that blinded to that fact the PS4 Cell SPE's also handles gpu workloads for the gpu that include deferred shading,tile based shading, vector compute workloads, lighting workloads and post processing effects. The its funny because every multiplat game the 7800GTX smoked the PS3 until around 2008 when games in general started using the Cell to offload some RSX workloads.

LOL you using anandtech bench that's out of date and only have a select few modern direct x 11 games.

BF3 is a prime example , with an update bench from techpowerup showing 7970 performing 1.8x the fps of a 7850....

Point is you blowing smoke since you have no case.

Plenty of examples of older and or on par gpu's performing in games as well or better then the console counterparts this last gen

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

Your so full of yourself.... thinking that those close systems with piss poor cpu's with mid tier gpu will perform better then a system with a stronger cpu with gpu's that are faster at same quality..... Plus dont forget that AMD gpu's are getting Mantle plus the fact that direct x 11 is not like older direct x's and the overhead is smaller. Your an idiot if you think just because the PS4 gpu has a more ACE's for compute workloads that allows the 1.84 TFLOP gpu to perform any better with rendering abilities then a gpu that's 30% or 660 GFLOPS faster. Also claiming HSA and HUMA are pointless because HSA is also on PC and HUMA is smoke screen you hide behind because HUMA is only useful for APU's because of the lack of processing power behind the hood.

Now moving onto PS3's RSX. OMG are that blinded to that fact the PS4 Cell SPE's also handles gpu workloads for the gpu that include deferred shading,tile based shading, vector compute workloads, lighting workloads and post processing effects. The its funny because every multiplat game the 7800GTX smoked the PS3 until around 2008 when games in general started using the Cell to offload some RSX workloads.

LOL you using anandtech bench that's out of date and only have a select few modern direct x 11 games.

BF3 is a prime example , with an update bench from techpowerup showing 7970 performing 1.8x the fps of a 7850....

Point is you blowing smoke since you have no case.

Plenty of examples of older and or on par gpu's performing in games as well or better then the console counterparts this last gen

You are the one full of it...

Mantle mean sh** when no developer will push it,and create disparity on PC,remember AMD is not the leading brand for GPU on PC.

You can say all the crap you want the PS3 smoked the damn 7800GTX period,wait were you the ones who claimed Cell was good for thing,but as soon as the comparison is draw vs the 7800GTX you all take a ride on Cell,Cell was an advantage just like been modify for compute without HURTING the graphics is on PS4 period.

HSA is also on PC where the fu** is it.?

Where are the true HSA CPU and GPU on PC.? Oh wait that hasn't even touch on PC like always PC trail behind consoles in things like this,just like PC trailed consoles in coding multithreaded games,in fact console developers have more experience in multicore multithread usage than PC developers.

There are many games that are been build to take advantage of HSA + hUMA on PS i am sure few if any do.

The 7800GTX smoked the PS3 until 2008.? You really are a moron the first impressive game that actually even beat Gears was Uncharted and was release on 2007 a year after the PS3 launch and was 720p native.

Those benchmarks are for 2013 moron....hahahaa

But feel free to post benchmark were the 7870 destroy the 7850 idiot,i'l keep waiting..

@farrell2k said:

You can't explain reason to people like tormentoad.

Actually you are a moron a 7870 doesn't destroy the 7850 in any way shape or form.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

One of your videos,once again.

400$ doesn't include OS

$400 doesn't have to include the OS. When you compare games on the XB720 and the PS4 you compare the hardware capabilities between the two. Only butthurt console kiddies worry about the OS when comparing hardware specs. Strip out the OS from the PS4 and the XB1 and $400 PC hardware still outperforms both consoles. Install Linux for free on the PC and compare Trine 2 on all 3 consoles and the $400 PC will still outperform both. The OS excuse if null and void. Give it up already.

But you can't play much games without Windows. Linux games are greatly limited

Have fun playing with your hardware solely

Another butthurt console kiddie excuse. There are more games available for Linux than both next gen consoles combined.

How's BF4 going on Linux?

and lol calling me a console kiddie,just being realist.

It's quite amusing how annoyed he gets when people point out how bad his logic is. "$400 hardware can beat the PS4, but it can't play any of the games that are actually graphically intensive because I'm omitting the OS". Seems like pretty sound logic to me =p

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@soulitane said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

One of your videos,once again.

400$ doesn't include OS

$400 doesn't have to include the OS. When you compare games on the XB720 and the PS4 you compare the hardware capabilities between the two. Only butthurt console kiddies worry about the OS when comparing hardware specs. Strip out the OS from the PS4 and the XB1 and $400 PC hardware still outperforms both consoles. Install Linux for free on the PC and compare Trine 2 on all 3 consoles and the $400 PC will still outperform both. The OS excuse if null and void. Give it up already.

But you can't play much games without Windows. Linux games are greatly limited

Have fun playing with your hardware solely

Another butthurt console kiddie excuse. There are more games available for Linux than both next gen consoles combined.

How's BF4 going on Linux?

and lol calling me a console kiddie,just being realist.

It's quite amusing how annoyed he gets when people point out how bad his logic is. "$400 hardware can beat the PS4, but it can't play any of the games that are actually graphically intensive because I'm omitting the OS". Seems like pretty sound logic to me =p

you all make good points.

yes. its true. the ps4's hardware is weak, and a pc could be built for around the same price which could render things better.

yes. its true. linux limits the number of games you can play. at this timespace you need windows, and windows costs a certain sum of monies.

i think about the windows cost creatively. how much is the live service? how much is ps+? was such a person going to pay for these things anyway? well, how do these compare to a windows licence? were you going to play the games which required windows?i do agree that windows is expensive, and although it is not necessary ... it is pretty damn close :\

a complete n00b to pc gaming could have fun for quite a while with the linux library, but that whole time they can't play a whole bunch of other games. oh well. if they knew money for windows was about 30 days away they could always install the trial which runs for 30days, and start enjoying legit windows pc gaming before parting with the money.

its swings and roundabouts governors swings and roundabouts.

also - at least windows is an asset, compared to the live fee which elapses and loses all value with time. a genuine windows xp is still worth money today.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Consolites don't want to admit it but for the price of the PS4 yes you can build a just as capable PC. This is fact. It's been proven time and time again. Numerous people have posted numerous builds. It is fact. Get over it. PS4 costs you $450 and NO GAMES. $400 PC comes with FREE games and no pay to access multiplayer. I would still enter PC in today's climate at $600 cause what you can get for $600 is so much better. I'd still take a PS4 over a $400 PC if that is all I had but for a starter PC that will set up up for future upgrades when you want to put a little more in it $400 is a great starting point.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@tormentos said:

"non sense"

The 7800GTX smoked the PS3 until 2008.? You really are a moron the first impressive game that actually even beat Gears was Uncharted and was release on 2007 a year after the PS3 launch and was 720p native.

Those benchmarks are for 2013 moron....hahahaa

But feel free to post benchmark were the 7870 destroy the 7850 idiot,i'l keep waiting..

selective reading comprehension hm? you missed the point you troll "The its funny because every multiplat game the 7800GTX smoked the PS3 until around 2008 when games in general started using the Cell to offload some RSX workloads."

Also 7800GTX was able to play GoW CoD 4, UT3 RE5 better then the 360 and PS3 versions of these examples.

lol i never said that 7870 would destroy a 7850,

Also youhave no clue when it comes proof " benchs" , AnandTech uses their data when they did the first tests when the card is released and tested.

up to date benchs with BF3 shows the 7870 1920x1200 4x AA ultra averaged 54 FPS, while a 7850 gets 43 FPS.

vs AT's 1080p ultra 4xAA 49 fps and 40 fps.

When your target is 60 fps the 7870 can do it with lowering AA. While a 7850 would never be able to do without cutting more down. The PS4 gpu does not have the same processing power as a 7870. The PS4 version of every mutiplat game will run with lower quality assets. As it already does with BF4, 7870 can run BF4 at higher resolution and settings.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Selfown