U$400 PC vs PS4 in Assassins Creed IV

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

again, this is not a console bashing tread

if youre a happy console gamer you should stick to the PS4, its has great value and is by far the better option

but if you are a PC gamer needing a upgrade or a console gamer thinking about making the transition to PC you can start with this machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvmRShzvsfs

the intention here is to show the cost of equivalent gaming experience to the consoles, with PC hardware

edit:

software costs:

PC:

windows license $0 (what most people do) or $15-30 with student's discount or $50 on ebay or $100 full price (please dont do this)

3 free games i got with my HD7870 = $0

PS4:

5 years PSN = $250

3 AAA games = $180

every game on PS4 will cost on average $20 more than on PC, it can amount up to +$800 more spend on 40 games in 5 years on console side compared to PC side

on the software side nobody has any doubt that the PC is much cheaper, so lets keep it on the hardware discussion

to record 1080p 60fps videos the GTX660 is a better option for now because of Shadowplay, AMD's loss less video recording software is expected soon, apparentely HD7000

series also has build in h.264 encoders

price of PC parts went down in late november and up in late december, if you cant find all the parts for U$400 today, just wait a few days

here is a little better PC (i5 cpu) with a litle better results than mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEL48vNhJY

this guy has slightly better cpu and a litle inferior gpu (7850) and his results confirm mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

@leandrro said:

before someone asks about cost of windows licence, according to M$ 90% of their income comes from business users and in most countries 95% of instaled windows are not legal, why? because nobody pays the absurd full price for a windows licence, people get student discounts, use old PC windows disk, get windows installed in cheap prebuilt PCs or simply download it, so the windows licence cost argument is irrelevant, since according to Microsoft nobody does it

Got a link for that? I'm calling bullshit.

Even if true and some people use a illegal copy it's a meaningless argument.

By that logic you can say I bought a stolen PS4 down the pub for £50.00 so it's cheaper.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

One of your videos,once again.

400$ doesn't include OS

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

So in others words stealing things is cheaper than buying them? Who would have guessed...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

$400 doesn't have to include the OS. When you compare games on the XB720 and the PS4 you compare the hardware capabilities between the two. Only butthurt console kiddies worry about the OS when comparing hardware specs. Strip out the OS from the PS4 and the XB1 and $400 PC hardware still outperforms both consoles. Install Linux for free on the PC and compare Trine 2 on all 3 consoles and the $400 PC will still outperform both. The OS excuse if null and void. Give it up already.

But you can't play much games without Windows. Linux games are greatly limited

Have fun playing with your hardware solely

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

$400 doesn't have to include the OS. When you compare games on the XB720 and the PS4 you compare the hardware capabilities between the two. Only butthurt console kiddies worry about the OS when comparing hardware specs. Strip out the OS from the PS4 and the XB1 and $400 PC hardware still outperforms both consoles. Install Linux for free on the PC and compare Trine 2 on all 3 consoles and the $400 PC will still outperform both. The OS excuse if null and void. Give it up already.

Another butthurt console kiddie excuse. There are more games available for Linux than both next gen consoles combined.

How's BF4 going on Linux?

and lol calling me a console kiddie,just being realist.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Muffin2020

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

So if I want to play AC4 it will run on Linux? Ow wait it won't.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

If you "strip out the OS from the PS4 and the XB1" they won't be able to play games at all, so it's no suprise that a $400 PC still outperforms them... A lot of the biggest multiplats don't support Linux yet, so for all practical reasons someone who wants to (legaly) get into PC gaming needs to purchase Windows.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

AC4 is terribly optimized for the PC. It is sad that Ubisoft just doesn't seem to care. It makes me worried about WD.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@leandrro said:

again, this is not a console bashing tread

if youre a happy console gamer you should stick to the PS4, its has great value and is by far the better option

but if you are a PC gamer needing a upgrade or a console gamer thinking about making the transition to PC you can start with this machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvmRShzvsfs

the intention here is to show the cost of equivalent gaming experience to the consoles, with PC hardware

before someone asks about cost of windows licence, according to M$ 90% of their income comes from business users and in most countries 95% of instaled windows are not legal, why? because nobody pays the absurd full price for a windows licence, people get student discounts, use old PC windows disk, get windows installed in cheap prebuilt PCs or simply download it, so the windows licence cost argument is irrelevant, since according to Microsoft nobody does it

to record 1080p 60fps videos the GTX660 is a better option for now because of Shadowplay, AMD's loss less video recording software is expected soon, apparentely HD7000

series also has build in h.264 encoders

price of PC parts went down in late november and up in late december, if you cant find all the parts for U$400 today, just wait a few days

here is a little better PC (i5 cpu) with a litle better results than mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEL48vNhJY

this guy has slightly better cpu and a litle inferior gpu (7850) and his results confirm mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo

The PS4 is better because since illegal version of windows count in your stupid ass argument,then i can claim the PS4 is free,all you need is a moron to steal it from and no harm no fault stealing is legal you know..

Get $600 and you get a PC that beat the PS4 and not by much.

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Muffin2020

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

Another butthurt console kiddie excuse. There are more games available for Linux than both next gen consoles combined. Again, it also means nothing when comparing hardware.

Not sure why you are attacking the poster. I'm guessing because you can't attack the argument?

The thread is called "U$400 PC vs PS4 in Assassins Creed IV" So it's quite important that the PC in question can play AC4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tormentos

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

Is this your troll account.? Because if my memory doesn't fail me you did this exact same thread,with the same damn excuse..

You need windows moron without an OS the fu**ing hardware doesn't work period,you need windows and support for games on linux sucks fu**ing ass,every one knows Windows is where games are on PC is not a secret it never has.

No dude here lemming do compare the xbox one OS to the PS4,they also did it on the PS3 vs xbox 360,so your either grasping or just playing dumb,you need $600 for a PC that beat the PS4 and doesn't beat it by much.

Find me a damn PC that is $399 and can beat the PS4 i still waiting,hurry up the PS4 could go down in price next year making your job even harder.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Complains about no OS cost.

Doesn't include $300-400 worth of online PSN payments of one gen, or controller cost, or more expensive games cost.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 leandrro

@muffin2020 said:

@leandrro said:

By that logic you can say I bought a stolen PS4 down the pub for £50.00 so it's cheaper.

http://kluwercompetitionlawblog.com/2012/12/17/microsoft-is-facing-excessive-pricing-accusations-in-china/

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Microsoft_(MSFT)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

You need Windows. Windows is pretty cheap... You can pick it up for $100.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX

@leandrro said:

@muffin2020 said:

@leandrro said:

http://kluwercompetitionlawblog.com/2012/12/17/microsoft-is-facing-excessive-pricing-accusations-in-china/

Unrelated link is unrelated

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 leandrro

@muffin2020 said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

Another butthurt console kiddie excuse. There are more games available for Linux than both next gen consoles combined. Again, it also means nothing when comparing hardware.

Not sure why you are attacking the poster. I'm guessing because you can't attack the argument?

The thread is called "U$400 PC vs PS4 in Assassins Creed IV" So it's quite important that the PC in question can play AC4.

yes my PC can, i havent stolen nothing from anyone, if someone have something that i stole please tell me and i will give it back to you in double

student windows licences are between 15-30 dollars, i bet all console fanboys calling wndows cost here are using a windows to post those coments and havent payed full price for this OS

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MonsieurX

@leandrro said:

@muffin2020 said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

yes my PC can, i havent stolen nothing from anyone, if someone have something that i stole please tell me and i will give it back to you in double

student windows licences are between 15-30 dollars, i bet all console fanboys calling wndows cost here are using a windows to post those coments and havent payed full price for this OS

...but not everyone has access to these "15-30$ student licenses"

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 leandrro

@Jankarcop said:

Complains about no OS cost.

Doesn't include $300-400 worth of online PSN payments of one gen, or controller cost, or more expensive games cost.

my HD7870 came with 3 free games

one of them being tomb raider 2013 wich PS4 owners will get sometime in 2014 but not with the supperior settings found on PC

windows cost for stupid people =$100

3 AAA games cost for stupid people $180

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Muffin2020

@leandrro said:

@muffin2020 said:

@leandrro said:

I think you posted the wrong links. One is about monopoly rules in China and the other is a overview for MS. Not seeing anything about 95% of all non business windows are illegal.

Also taken from the second link in which you counter your own argument.

Microsoft’s products and service offerings fall into five divisions or business sectors:

Client (28% of revenue and 45% of net income in FY2009:

Business (32% of revenue and 42% of net income in FY2009

That's not 90% from Business.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos

@farrell2k said:

Oh? I can assure you that the 7870 in that $406 build in the first video absolutely destroys the PS4, but I suspect you already know that. Not everyone pays full price for Windows. My $100 copy of Windows 7 bought when it first released has been used on 5 PCs already, and I will be able to keep using it as long as it is installed on only one machine. My cost for Windows on my new PC is therefore only $20., still less expensive than a PS4 and one year PS+. This is of course only because I chose to not run Linux, which also still has more games available for it than both next gen consoles combined. The console kiddie butthurt excuses are all falling apart. You guys will just have to accept that $400 PC hardware can outperform both consoles. If you guys get so butthurt about this now, what are you going to do in 6 months when pc hardware prices drop even more while the PS4 stays the same price?

The 7870 doesn't destroy the PS4 you stupid moron,the PS4 has a 7870...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It has 2 CU disable for yields but it is a 7870,that card will pull some frames ahead of the PS4 nothing more nothing less...

The PS4 is $399 most people buy a PC already complete few do so by parts,this is another fact a $400 PC will not play BF4 period like the PS4,the only one with kiddy arguments is you,but but OS don't count because it serve me best..

Hell the thread you did you even let the CPU fan out of the fu**ing estimate what CPU runs without fan on PC to now.?

Thread maker and you are the same account lol...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
@leandrro said:

You used as argument a stolen license,not every fu**ing one is a student i am not,the fact that you use a stolen license as argument saying it doesn't matter because MS get most of its money from corporate business says it all,i can get a PS4 free i can steal it....

Beat that PC...lol

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MonsieurX

@tormentos said:

@farrell2k said:

Oh? I can assure you that the 7870 in that $406 build in the first video absolutely destroys the PS4, but I suspect you already know that. Not everyone pays full price for Windows. My $100 copy of Windows 7 bought when it first released has been used on 5 PCs already, and I will be able to keep using it as long as it is installed on only one machine. My cost for Windows on my new PC is therefore only $20., still less expensive than a PS4 and one year PS+. This is of course only because I chose to not run Linux, which also still has more games available for it than both next gen consoles combined. The console kiddie butthurt excuses are all falling apart. You guys will just have to accept that $400 PC hardware can outperform both consoles. If you guys get so butthurt about this now, what are you going to do in 6 months when pc hardware prices drop even more while the PS4 stays the same price?

The 7870 doesn't destroy the PS4 you stupid moron,the PS4 has a 7870...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It has 2 CU disable for yields but it is a 7870,that card will pull some frames ahead of the PS4 nothing more nothing less...

The PS4 is $399 most people buy a PC already complete few do so by parts,this is another fact a $400 PC will not play BF4 period like the PS4,the only one with kiddy arguments is you,but but OS don't count because it serve me best..

Hell the thread you did you even let the CPU fan out of the fu**ing estimate what CPU runs without fan on PC to now.?

All cpu comes with a fan

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By leandrro

@muffin2020 said:

@leandrro said:

@muffin2020 said:

@leandrro said:

I think you posted the wrong links. One is about monopoly rules in China and the other is a overview for MS. Not seeing anything about 95% of all non business windows are illegal.

Also taken from the second link in which you counter your own argument.

Microsoft’s products and service offerings fall into five divisions or business sectors:

Client (28% of revenue and 45% of net income in FY2009:

Business (32% of revenue and 42% of net income in FY2009

That's not 90% from Business.

this its total company renenue, you might found the windows software segment revenue

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#30 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

@leandrro: I pay for my software, the cost of Windows is not free, nor irrelevant. This attitude that stealing software being ok is one of the few things that pisses me off. People worked to create the software, if you want it ****ing pay for it.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

I buy consoles for its exclusives, so this thread is irrelevant. If you only game on PC and own no consoles I lol at your life

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By leandrro

@tormentos said:

@farrell2k said:

hey console noob, CPUs come with fans, graphics cars come with fans, PSUs come with fans

its a much better heat dissipation than any console, there will never be a red ring of death on PC

U$400 PC plays bf4 better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO0daBZeRo

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Muffin2020

@leandrro said:

@tormentos said:

@farrell2k said:

hey console noob, CPUs come with fans, graphics cars come with fans, PSUs come with fans

its a much better heat dissipation than any console, there will never be a red ring of death on PC

U$400 PC plays bf4 better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naO0daBZeRo

Again . No operating system.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 leandrro

@-RPGamer- said:

@leandrro: I pay for my software, the cost of Windows is not free, nor irrelevant. This attitude that stealing software being ok is one of the few things that pisses me off. People worked to create the software, if you want it ****ing pay for it.

microsoft created a worldwide monopoly, every monopoly is very damaging to the economy, and it does not give a **** about you

M$ wants business money but they dont pay people to verify windows licnses

M$ bribes politicians and law officers to check windows licenses all around the world,

those people are payed with our money, M$ dont refund police and government employes hour spent on windows licence verification

in the end, M$ is robbing me

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/why-microsoft-doesnt-need-your-money-business-brings-home-the-bacon/

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MonsieurX

@farrell2k said:

@muffin2020 said:

Again, he already had the OS, bought a student license or something. The OS argument is null and void. Repeating it over and over won't make it any less invalid.

Not everyone has access to those.

And for what you said earlier,you're not supposed to used it on more than 1 PC

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MonsieurX

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@muffin2020 said:

Again, he already had the OS, bought a student license or something. The OS argument is null and void. Repeating it over and over won't make it any less invalid.

1 PC at a time. It doesn't matter if everyone has access to it at that price. He does, thus his $400 Windows PC still outperforms the PS4. Not everyone has access to newegg to get these parts at this price either...

Everyone can get a PS4 for 400$

Not everyone can get a PC with OS for 400$

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 leandrro

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@muffin2020 said:

1 PC at a time. It doesn't matter if everyone has access to it at that price. He does, thus his $400 Windows PC still outperforms the PS4. Not everyone has access to newegg to get these parts at this price either...

still everybody with a U$400 PC has windows on it, i guess we should send 90% of worlds population (including 90% of this forum users) to jail for stealing or ilegaly abusing M$ products

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MonsieurX

@leandrro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@muffin2020 said:

still everybody with a U$400 PC has windows on it, i guess we should send 90% of worlds population (including 90% of this forum users) to jail for stealing or ilegaly abusing M$ products

Still failed to provide proof of that 90% piracy

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lundy86_4

@leandrro said:

You aren't making sense. Firstly, show where MS stated what you are saying. Secondly, pre-builts use OEM versions of Windows, installed by system builders, which is fully legal, and included in the cost of the PC.

Prove that most people do not buy Windows, or shut up.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By leandrro

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

@farrell2k said:

@muffin2020 said:

Still failed to provide proof of that 90% piracy

http://www.neowin.net/news/ballmer-9-out-of-10-copies-of-windows-in-china-is-pirated

its china

you can expect less piracy in US and europe (15% of worlds population) and even more piracy in south america, africa, middle east, southeast asia, central america...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lundy86_4

@leandrro said:

http://www.neowin.net/news/ballmer-9-out-of-10-copies-of-windows-in-china-is-pirated

its china

you can expect less piracy in US and europe (15% of worlds population) and even more piracy in south america, africa, middle east, southeast asia, central america...

You did not stipulate that it was solely in China. You need to prove the worldwide figures, rather than speculate.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@farrell2k said:

The PS4 GPU beats a 7850 by about 5%, but doesn't hit the performance of the 7870.

Is this what this is all about? Do all console kiddies think that the PS4 GPU is as powerful as a 7870? I have e feeling that they do, which would explain their confusion.

Whats funny is that el tormentos claims a 600 GFLOP difference between the X1 and PS4 and claims 50% performance difference but when there is more a 600 GFLOP difference between the PS4 gpu and 7870 their equal..... when in fact there is basically a 30% difference.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

So in others words stealing things is cheaper than buying them? Who would have guessed...

Stop. It's not "stealing", it's copyright infringement. They are two different crimes that are handled differently in a court of law.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By tormentos

@04dcarraher said:

@farrell2k said:

The PS4 GPU beats a 7850 by about 5%, but doesn't hit the performance of the 7870.

Is this what this is all about? Do all console kiddies think that the PS4 GPU is as powerful as a 7870? I have e feeling that they do, which would explain their confusion.

Whats funny is that el tormentos claims a 600 GFLOP difference between the X1 and PS4 and claims 50% performance difference but when there is more a 600 GFLOP difference between the PS4 gpu and 7870 their equal..... when in fact there is basically a 30% difference.

The difference is simple the xbox one and PS4 are BOTH close systems,which benefit from having special tools just for them,and game make just for them,both system at are par there,the 7870 on PC is not on a close system and works in a scale,it doesn't get the benefit the PS4 gets,not only that the PS4 GPU is modify for heavy compute,and has other advantages as well like having true HSA and hUMA design which the 7870 lacks in true form alto is compatible.

The 7800GTX on the PS3 was gimped and yeah the PS3 surpass the 7800GTX silly in graphics,the PS4 has some modifications that the 7870 lack and is higher than the 7850 in spec,prove to me how the 7870 destroy the 7850,because from all i know it just does a few more frames per second,hardly what you call destroy..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/857?vs=778

Case in point...

Same quality a few frames more..

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@farrell2k: Such a fool it's getting old really. You didn't mention your trine video dips in the 40s. You also forget the PS4 could hit 120 fps is Sony didn't have the console locked at 60fps. Check outthe DF article iI posted last time it's all there.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@MonsieurX said:

400$ doesn't include OS

Console prices include OS.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By tormentos

@foxhound_fox said:

@Sushiglutton said:

Stop. It's not "stealing", it's copyright infringement. They are two different crimes that are handled differently in a court of law.

Yep one Copy infringement is stealing it is the same fu**ing sh** steal a in a bank and yes you will be on the same court a federal one,copy a DVD and ask a federal judge how much is the fine and jail time,5 years or 250,000 or both....

I know people that have steal and have get less time than that in a stated court and they even did arm robbery,other for selling drugs as well oh and no 250K fine.

Stealing copy righted material is punishable as any other crime and is a crime,i just love that you make games for a living and people steal your material to see how you would feel,then you walk in the street and see them selling you idea cheap.

Stealing is stealing period the only difference is that the PS4 is a hardware which can't be downloaded,but hey its game can be,oh yeah is also call piracy and is stealing.

Freaking double standards you people have..