Trophies > Achievements ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#201 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
It's not so much that he got owned but that it's against the rules of the ToS on GS to post false comments, which in turn is trolling in SW.
N0han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 N0han
Member since 2007 • 982 Posts
[QUOTE="N0han"]

PS John, you are pathetic, now im telling you how you changed the past few posts into something you liked:

blue_hazy_basic

i think hes a WUM (wind up merchant) no one can be like that without trying, can they :? (make sure you read at the top of page ten about his 360 RROD'ing)

Yeah;) thats basicly where I kicked in and had a good laugh. I seen the way you guys tried to knock him off his arguments and just found out no one replyed to his editing skills yet so I thought, why not? :P

Anyways, John, thx for the fun

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Fusible
lol PS_john just give it up, thats twice you have been owned on an epic level in this threadst1ka
I believe he already did... But on topic, I believe we'll be the judge, I mean for those that own both and are not as biased as the majority are here. Which one is best.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts

[QUOTE="st1ka"]lol PS_john just give it up, thats twice you have been owned on an epic level in this threadFusible
I believe he already did... But on topic, I believe we'll be the judge, I mean for those that own both and are not as biased as the majority are here. Which one is best.

this thread has become so off-topic that right now talking about the thread IS off-topic

TheEndBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#205 TheEndBoss
Member since 2007 • 856 Posts
Yeah, definitely. A virtual representation is always going to beat out numbers.
thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#206 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

my gamertag is PS John

PS_John

You have a Gamertag but you have little to no knowledge on how exactly Achievements work? FAKEBOY! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!

thegame1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#207 thegame1980
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]maybe because the person who posted it is my brother and he recently moved out and got his own xbox 360PS_John

i genuinely feel sorry for you

whys that? cos i proved u wrong?

Yea because by simply saying it's your brothers is proof? Oh and using an old photo (even if it is your "brothers") to prove it RROD'd is even more proof?

FAKEBOY!

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Didnt think one of my threads would turn out this way :lol:
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

take a bow, carlisle.

PS_John...this thread will be remembered for years. You'll rank among stars like twinblade.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

Omg... I got my xbox 360 back today, logged on a min ago and it crashed so I turned it off and then I got RROD when i turned it on........

look:

CrossFire245

You mean the picture you copied and pasted from here? http://www.planetcrushers.com/img/heide/3rrod_320.jpg

YOU SIR ARE A LIAR!!! :P

Pwned!

yes indeed. yes. indeed.

XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 XxLoStxX
Member since 2005 • 576 Posts
[QUOTE="CrossFire245"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

Omg... I got my xbox 360 back today, logged on a min ago and it crashed so I turned it off and then I got RROD when i turned it on........

look:

Dreams-Visions

You mean the picture you copied and pasted from here? http://www.planetcrushers.com/img/heide/3rrod_320.jpg

YOU SIR ARE A LIAR!!! :P

Pwned!

yes indeed. yes. indeed.

PS_John, Please quit hurting yourself :D

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#213 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8874 Posts

With firmware 2 40 due shortly. One of the features will be a 2d representaion of the trophies you will get in home. Who else thinks this will be better than some random score on a gamercard.

XBL is losing its edge over the PSN fast.

carlisledavid79

In the dashboard, you can view your achievements for each game with a little pic for each one. Again, one more thing already done, and done better, in XBL.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
This thread is still going? Let me contribute:
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 carlisledavid79

This thread is still going? Let me contribute: [/IMG]II-FBIsniper-II

^^^ win

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]

With firmware 2 40 due shortly. One of the features will be a 2d representaion of the trophies you will get in home. Who else thinks this will be better than some random score on a gamercard.

dabear

In the dashboard, you can view your achievements for each game with a little pic for each one. Again, one more thing already done, and done better, in XBL.

Yep, these Achievements have different little pictures for each one, while these 2D trophies only have pictures of Trophies.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="dabear"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]

ReverseCycology

Yep, these Achievements have different little pictures for each one, while these 2D trophies only have pictures of Trophies.

PSN ID?

Also, you have the firmware early? Cool.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 ReverseCycology
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"][QUOTE="dabear"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]

thrones

PSN ID?

Also, you have the firmware early? Cool.

somebody with the gamertag Puffy Boy just spammed me by offering me MS points if I got and gave him an account for runescape or something. I might take off my XBL GT aswell.

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 carlisledavid79

somebody with the gamertag Puffy Boy just spammed me by offering me MS points if I got and gave him an account for runescape or something. I might take off my XBL GT aswell.ReverseCycology

Hows that list coming along. When are you going to reveal the ps3 and own us all?

PS PSN:ID ?

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

All achievements is are is numbers trophys are things you can see

Trophys > Achievements

PS_John

Actually, you are completely wrong. Every achievment also has a individual and distinct graphical representation AND a score. So what if the graphic is trophy shaped or not? Is that really important to you?

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 ReverseCycology

[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]somebody with the gamertag Puffy Boy just spammed me by offering me MS points if I got and gave him an account for runescape or something. I might take off my XBL GT aswell.carlisledavid79

Hows that list coming along. When are you going to reveal the ps3 and own us all?

Just Wait.

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#222 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
[QUOTE="PS_John"]

Trophys > Achievements

Mystikef

Actually, you are completely wrong. Every achievment also has a individual and distinct graphical representation AND a score. So what if the graphic is trophy shaped or not? Is that really important to you?

The one cool thing is that you get that 3D representation for your Home, assuming it ever comes out. :P

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

Trophys > Achievements

dewmandew7

The one cool thing is that you get that 3D representation for your Home, assuming it ever comes out. :P

That will probably be a cool feature on the PS3. On the 360, you can already do a side-by-side comparrison of games and achievments with friends over Live, or on the internet. Maybe being able to virtually walk through a trophy room will be cool, but it is not really anymore useful and may even make it harder to determine which game and for what the achievements are for.

For me, achievments aren't for bragging or showing off, though. I like that there are extra challenges built into a game that tyou can strive for and then be told or "rewarded" when you complete them. Kill 3 enemies with one sniper shot? That is a goal to shoot for, so to speak.

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 carlisledavid79
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]

[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]somebody with the gamertag Puffy Boy just spammed me by offering me MS points if I got and gave him an account for runescape or something. I might take off my XBL GT aswell.ReverseCycology

Just Wait.

[translation] Just wait until I can get one of my friends to help me out [/translation]

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
no, simply no. honesly no. complealy and utterly no. NO.
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ReverseCycology
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Just Wait.

carlisledavid79

Just wait until I can get one of my friends to help me out

If you've been keeping track with my posts, I've stated that the only 2 friends I know with PS3's live at the other half of my state, and that's a 6 hour plus drive, I think that would be doing too much if you ask me. But brb, I have to update my sig pic.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#227 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Just Wait.

ReverseCycology

If you've been keeping track with my posts, I've stated that the only 2 friends I know with PS3's live at the other half of my state, and that's a 6 hour plus drive, I think that would be doing too much if you ask me. But brb, I have to update my sig pic.

Yeah but you could be lying though.

A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#228 A_zombie
Member since 2005 • 7385 Posts

Just Wait.

ReverseCycology

So, your sig shows you have a PS3 but... you post your XBL GT and your Wii FC but not your PSN ID? :| I think you're pulling a PS_John.

flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
Oh this thread rules!
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#230 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Just Wait.

ReverseCycology

You said that before and you didn't do it. You should probably do it for real this time, unless you want to ruin your reputation even more.

Oh, and we can't really keep track with your posts because your profile is set to private (surprise, surprise) and we can't see your post history.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 thegoldenpoo
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Just Wait.

A_zombie

So, your sig shows you have a PS3 but... you post your XBL GT and your Wii FC but not your PSN ID? :| I think you're pulling a PS_John.

its now officaly a saying :D

PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 PS_John
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

Just Wait.

A_zombie

Er but I proved i have 360? just let it go please

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Fusible
[QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Just Wait.

PS_John

JOHN... I have checked numerous times, you made a GT on XBOX.COM it shows you come online in XBOX.COM not on an XBOX. And you only have one friend on your list. Why do you keep lying, just give it up, it's over... you don't have an xbox.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#234 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Just Wait.

PS_John

lmao you actually used one of the pics from that thread, great stuff. You're hilarious dude! :D

I think you're the one playing the joke on us.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

carlisledavid79

Hhhmm.. no. I doubt you'll be able to see every single trophy on the screen at one time and it won't tell you how much the gamer really has achieved unless pull up his id and scroll through all his trophies. You won't even be able to see the 3-D versions of the trophies until HOME is released. The other problem is Sony doesn't require developers to put trophies into their games. So not EVERY game will have trophies. Every XBox 360 games has achievements. Even the XBox Live Arcade games have achievements. None of the PS3 downloadable games with have trophies. That's a big difference. So no, it won't be better then XBox's Achievements.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 thegoldenpoo

Just Wait.

PS_John

:lol: hes back! hes actuallu back!!

may i present this award on behalf of system-wars for the most pwned poster EVER. you fail to an extent that i thought it was impossible to fail.

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 carlisledavid79

[QUOTE="PS_John"][QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Just Wait.

thegoldenpoo

may i present this award on behalf of system-wars for the most pwned poster EVER. you fail to an extent that i thought it was impossible to fail.

Maybe make it a Trophy instead of an award ?

A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 A_zombie
[QUOTE="A_zombie"]

PS_John

Do I have to pull out the 360 thread you made. Begging 360 forum users for a pic of the 360 with your name written on paper? Oh why not do that right now?

Here is the link to the thread --- >LINK

And luckily st1ka posted your orginal post

[QUOTE="PS_John"]

Whats the number for M$, my xbox has 3 red lights again

EDIT - THREAD CLOSED

st1ka

:lol: stop just stop

we all know that you wrote this:

Well can someone write PS_John on a bit of paper and put it next to their xbox 360 and take a photo for me?

I will love u foreverPS_John

Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Fusible
To tell you the truth guys I believed this wildfire was over, but somebody decided to pour gasoline on it. Why? It boggles my mind, I have no idea.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

carlisledavid79
Wow very sharp! Funny and on topic :lol:
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
I would tell him to make a new account...but he's so funny! :lol:
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
The hotspot has discussed this and i think the arguement for why points are better is clearly discussed you should listen to it
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]More like trophies = achievements since it's essentially the same thing.PS_John

ok whats better?

Or

Both of them are just pictures or sprites. I have a question for you. How do you compare the Trophy to another gamers Trophy and tell which gamer has acheived more? ;) That's why Achievements are better. Just viewing someone's trophies will never tell you who achieved more, unless you sit there and count all the trophies for each gamer. :shock:

A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 A_zombie
[QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

thegoldenpoo

Then let's make it really official. Anyone that says he/she has a console but fails to provide proof or is busted lying, they shall be known as...

PULLING A PS_JOHN.

Pulling a PS_John - (Verb) 1. A user caught lying about owning a particular console. 2. Begging other users for pics of that console with their own name on it. 3. Coming up with fake stories or fake people to back up their claims.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 ReverseCycology

Just Wait.

A_zombie

I guess you haven't been keeping track aswell. I've stated I made the sig even before I made a PSN ID. I'm pretty sure there's others that didn't make PSN IDs right away when they bought their PS3s, because some of them bought it for a blu ray player, including myself. And if you look in the Setup Threads that might be floating around, you'll see that I show my gaming setup that shows my Wii60 and my movie room setup that show my PS3. It's really simple.

A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 A_zombie

To tell you the truth guys I believed this wildfire was over, but somebody decided to pour gasoline on it. Why? It boggles my mind, I have no idea.Fusible

Because throwing gasoline in fire makes pretty pictures.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 thegoldenpoo

[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"]

carlisledavid79

:lol: stop it, im going to fall of my chair :lol:

A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 A_zombie
[QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

I guess you haven't been keeping track aswell. I've stated I made the sig even before I made a PSN ID. I'm pretty sure there's others that didn't make PSN IDs right away when they bought their PS3s, because some of them bought it for a blu ray player, including myself. And if you look in the Setup Threads that might be floating around, you'll see that I show my gaming setup that shows my Wii60 and my movie room setup that show my PS3. It's really simple.

Can we have that link then?

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 carlisledavid79
[QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"][QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

A_zombie

Then let's make it really official. Anyone that says he/she has a console but fails to provide proof or is busted lying, they shall be known as...

PULLING A PS_JOHN.

Pulling a PS_John - (Verb) 1. A user caught lying about owning a particular console. 2. Begging other users for pics of that console with their own name on it. 3. Coming up with fake stories or fake people to back up their claims.

I vote that this term shall be forever used in System wars. Anybody second this motion ?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="thegoldenpoo"][QUOTE="A_zombie"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

carlisledavid79

PULLING A PS_JOHN.

I vote that this term shall be forever used in System wars. Anybody second this motion ?

without a second thought