Trophies > Achievements ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#151 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

A great I dea in my opinion would be to have a sort of gamerscore 9but called something else) and then you could use that to unlock stuff for your avatar on Home. apparently you get clothes for doing stuff but it would be better if you could choose your own things.

NinjaMunkey01

Unfortunately furniture, clothing, and fun items have been designated as micro-transaction territory, effectively making them useless. No way am I paying $.50-$1.00 for a piece of virtual furniture.

GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#152 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts

Videogaming247 has learnt that the upcoming in-game XMB - heavily rumoured to be included in PS3's Firmware 2.40 - may not work with all PS3 titles, and that user-music and Trophies functionality is only being included as an option for Sony developers from this point on.

The user-music functionality is only included in the new development tools, which have now gone out to coders. This means that existing games won't support it unless they're patched. That's right: you won't be able to play GTA IV with your own music unless Rockstar updates the game, if what we've been told this morning is true.

Same for Trophies. They tools required to add these are only just in the hands of developers, which means it's going to be some time before you see the feature appear in a major game.

Diablo2343

Expected. We'll have to see if all third party devs bother with the trophy system and user music.

sadikovic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 sadikovic
Member since 2004 • 3868 Posts

All achievements is are is numbers trophys are things you can see

Trophys > Achievements

PS_John

:|...

Deevoshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 Deevoshun
Member since 2003 • 868 Posts

XBL > HOME

...and knowing is half the battle.

JUMP IN.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

[QUOTE="JetSetWilly2008"]They're pretty much both the same anyway.Dreams-Visions

if I can't see my trophies or my friends and adversaries trophies in-game, trophies are worthless to me.

part of the fun of achievements is being able to compare what you've accomplished directly with someone else's whom you may meet in random multiplayer games.

If it doesn't offer that, I'm apathetic.

I thought of something cool that MS should do. In your profile, you should be able to put your top 5 or 10 favorite achievements. There's like 95% of achievements that are garbage, but the really hard ones should be showed off if you get them!

Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#157 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
Lets see something that actually is and something that is coming with the ever delayed HOME! gee tough answer:roll:
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

All I can say that achievements and trophies are meh.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Trophies? Reminds me a little of a certain Ninty game. But that's just me.
Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

Lets see something that actually is and something that is coming with the ever delayed HOME! gee tough answer:roll:Khansoul

There's also 2D non-Home trophies :|

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I don't think these Trophies will fly very well with multiplat games and this is why. MS already expect every dev to come up with different things for you to do in the game so you can unlock these Achievements. Now say that Sony want to do the same thing, do these gaming devs just cut and paste the objectives for you to get Achievements and be the same thing to unlock Trophies? Or will these devs come up with something different for you to do to get Trophies? Because if they'll just require you to do the same thing, everyone will know that those objectives originated from the 360 version.

Also I think Sony is focusing more on the visualization of Trophies instead of the objectives you'd need to do to get them.

In order for these Trophies to work, first you up to make sure PSN is stable enough so it can make Home (which was too ambitious) stable enough and then finally making Trophies work with every game. I don't see them pulling this one by this year.

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
360s achievements are awesome. But the most important thing is to have decent achievements. I hate ones you get for doing something like complete a level at any difficulty. Where is the fun in that.
xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]More like trophies = achievements since it's essentially the same thing.PS_John

ok whats better?

Or

showing a hunk of gold on a wall is better than a number anyday

xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts

I don't think these Trophies will fly very well with multiplat games and this is why. MS already expect every dev to come up with different things for you to do in the game so you can unlock these Achievements. Now say that Sony want to do the same thing, do these gaming devs just cut and paste the objectives for you to get Achievements and be the same thing to unlock Trophies? Or will these devs come up with something different for you to do to get Trophies? Because if they'll just require you to do the same thing, everyone will know that those objectives originated from the 360 version.

Also I think Sony is focusing more on the visualization of Trophies instead of the objectives you'd need to do to get them.

In order for these Trophies to work, first you up to make sure PSN is stable enough so it can make Home (which was too ambitious) stable enough and then finally making Trophies work with every game. I don't see them pulling this one by this year.

ReverseCycology

on multiplats, the achievements and trophies' criteria will be the same thing..... its the way of life

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

i dont think i'd be bothered with the trophies. if i understand it, your in game avatar in "Home" would have to walk to a friends house and look at the trophies that way. i am sure i read this. no-ones going to want virtual tours of your trophies.

if youv'e never seen how easy it is to view / compare achivements with other players, either in game or out, your missing the point.

sts106mat

This is 2D trophies, different things.

They're achievements with a different name tag.

Jenova_Flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Jenova_Flare
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts
[QUOTE="VoodooHak"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

i dunno what hipcrisy is but look at it this way

achicvements are just numbers like 10 points for doing a mission all it is is numbers and you cant even check what people did to get the numbers its just a number next to ur $50 a year username.

with trophys u can show off exactly wot u got the trophys for etc and they are not just numbers

PS_John

Wow... it's painfully obvious you don't have a 360.

Each achievement does have a number attached to it, but there's a description as well as a picture. Check wayneheads pic a few posts up.

EDIT...nevermind. I'll just repost the pic:

well sorry maybe i would know if my 360 didnt RROD a week after i got it and M$ never sent it back

HAHA! unintentionally hilarious.

PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 PS_John
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

i know people dont believe me but im getting my xbox 360 back tomorrow

so all u ppl r goin to be owned when i prove it

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#169 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts

With firmware 2 40 due shortly. One of the features will be a 2d representaion of the trophies you will get in home. Who else thinks this will be better than some random score on a gamercard.

XBL is losing its edge over the PSN fast.

carlisledavid79
I prefer to see a number then a 2D trophie, because for one thing i'd have to many trophies and so i'd want them to be represented by a number.
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
Not just don't you get a gamerscore but people forget you get a badge for every achievement accomplished. So Achievements> Trophies(Wannabe achievements as glorified objects)
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#171 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

about trophies/achievments being the same thing, who's to say which ones the devs came up with first? Just because achievments came before trophies, doesn't mean all devs are going to design the 360's achievments first. you'd think they'd do the trophies first, since that will require more time (since they have to design the trophy) Particularly if the game is developed primarily on the PS3, i would assume the Trophies would come first, and the achievments will just be copied from the trophy rewards.

Why can't everyone just agree this is a good thing for gamers in general, rather than something that needs to be defended by cows, and constantly assaulted and brought under a microscope by the lemmings?

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="Pietrooper"][QUOTE="dewmandew7"][QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

[QUOTE="dewmandew7"]If trophies have point values, which I'm pretty sure they do, then yes, they are better than achievements.dewmandew7

Why? Are they all different looking trophies like the achievement pictures on the 360?

Yes, and they have 3D models, which adds more awesomeness for the three times you actually look at them. 8) :P

That's for HOME, the in-game XMB ones will be 2D models so...probably just Cut and Paste from the X360 version.

I know it's for Home. Coming down the pipe, though, are 3D models, which are a step above achievements.

Insert rhetoric... now!: Just wait...

Oh so it's for Home. Which you will be using while not playing at the same time.

Well I can view achievements while I'm playing. I do it all the time. Welp... a new person joins in Gears. *Check his gamertag* and oh... he seems to be good with the Boomshot. Let's take that away from him this match. :P

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

PS_John

Dude.... you have absolutely no history on your gamercard. If by "im getting my xbox 360 back tomorrow" you really mean "I'm finally getting an Xbox 360 for the very first time", then that's cool. Just... stop making things up.

PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 PS_John

Omg... I got my xbox 360 back today, logged on a min ago and it crashed so I turned it off and then I got RROD when i turned it on........

look:

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

PS_John

Don't worry, you don't have to prove anything. It's your online identity, you can do whatever you want with it.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Omg... I got my xbox 360 back today, logged on a min ago and it crashed so I turned it off and then I got RROD when i turned it on........

look:

PS_John

You mean the picture you copied and pasted from here? http://www.planetcrushers.com/img/heide/3rrod_320.jpg

YOU SIR ARE A LIAR!!! :P

PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 PS_John
[QUOTE="PS_John"]

look:

blue_hazy_basic

You mean the picture you copied and pasted from here? http://www.planetcrushers.com/img/heide/3rrod_320.jpg

no i didnt and explain this

PS John
"M$ robbed me"

PS John is Offline Last Playing Xbox 360 Dashboard

Offline for 21 Mins

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
[QUOTE="PS_John"]

ReverseCycology

Don't worry, you don't have to prove anything. It's your online identity, you can do whatever you want with it.

Everybodys know he doesnt own an Xbox 360, Sounds familiar ??

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

heres the full address http://www.planetcrushers.com/heide/archives/category/games/

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

look:

PS_John

PS John
"M$ robbed me"

Offline for 21 Mins

The picture you used was not your own, in fact it came from a post on 8/7/2007 ergo you are lying when you try to pretend it is your 360 that just RROD'd
PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 PS_John
[QUOTE="PS_John"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

look:

blue_hazy_basic

PS John
"M$ robbed me"

Offline for 21 Mins

The picture you used was not your own, in fact it came from a post on 8/7/2007 ergo you are lying when you try to pretend it is your 360 that just RROD'd

yes i posted that pic in 2007 and m$ never sent the 360 bk untill today and it RROD again check my gamertag PS John

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

look:

PS_John

PS John
"M$ robbed me"

Offline for 21 Mins

yes i posted that pic in 2007 and m$ never sent the 360 bk untill today and it RROD again check my gamertag PS John

LOL if you had bothered to read the posts under the picture you would see that the person who posted it got it back and was playing games again lol @ you

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#183 CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts
[QUOTE="PS_John"]

look:

blue_hazy_basic

Pwned!

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

Yeah, I'm interested to see how these trophies work. We also have in-game XMB, the Video Store and Home coming this year, the gap between Live and PSN is really starting to shrink.Floppy_Jim

It might be in terms of functionality but it is still dog slow. Live is still quicker and better imo.

PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 PS_John
[QUOTE="PS_John"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]

look:

blue_hazy_basic

PS John
"M$ robbed me"

Offline for 21 Mins

LOL if you had bothered to read the posts under the picture you would see that the person who posted it got it back and was playing games again lol @ you

maybe because the person who posted it is my brother and he recently moved out and got his own xbox 360

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
maybe because the person who posted it is my brother and he recently moved out and got his own xbox 360PS_John
i genuinely feel sorry for you
PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 PS_John

[QUOTE="PS_John"]maybe because the person who posted it is my brother and he recently moved out and got his own xbox 360blue_hazy_basic

whys that? cos i proved u wrong?

readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]maybe because the person who posted it is my brother and he recently moved out and got his own xbox 360PS_John

lol
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="PS_John"]maybe because the person who posted it is my brother and he recently moved out and got his own xbox 360PS_John

yup thats right, your logics are win!
PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 PS_John
This is John's Brother Here I Can Confirm John Is Telling The Truth, Our Xbox 360 Broke In 2007 And A Week Later I Moved To My Own Flat And Got My Own 360! I Dont See The Reason Not To Believe PS_John Because Can Check His Gamertag Which Is The Same As His UserName Here For Proof
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Fusible

Your the biggest cow there is on SW here, you sound a lot like the now banned KeyWii. And also your GT was recently made... so you have been owned!!!
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Fusible
This is John's Brother Here I Can Confirm John Is Telling The Truth, Our Xbox 360 Broke In 2007 And A Week Later I Moved To My Own Flat And Got My Own 360! I Dont See The Reason Not To Believe PS_John Because Can Check My Gamertag Which Is The Same As My UserName Here For ProofPS_John
So do you consider yourself your own brother...alter ego maybe. First you say "this is John's brother", then you go into saying "check my gamertag as it is the same as my user name" when if it were your brother per se it would be written more like this " check his gamertag it is the same as his user name" not the other way around. You sir are not a good liar. Your worse than KeyWii(R.I.P) was.
PS_John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 PS_John

[QUOTE="PS_John"]This is John's Brother Here I Can Confirm John Is Telling The Truth, Our Xbox 360 Broke In 2007 And A Week Later I Moved To My Own Flat And Got My Own 360! I Dont See The Reason Not To Believe PS_John Because Can Check My Gamertag Which Is The Same As My UserName Here For ProofFusible
So do you consider yourself your own brother...alter ego maybe. First you say "this is John's brother", then you go into saying "check my gamertag as it is the same as my user name" when if it were your brother per se it would be written more like this " check his gamertag it is the same as his user name" not the other way around. You sir are not a good liar. Your worse than KeyWii(R.I.P) was.

maybe u should read it again it doesnt say that in my post? i proved i had 360 and u cant accept it

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

[QUOTE="Fusible"][QUOTE="PS_John"]This is John's Brother Here I Can Confirm John Is Telling The Truth, Our Xbox 360 Broke In 2007 And A Week Later I Moved To My Own Flat And Got My Own 360! I Dont See The Reason Not To Believe PS_John Because Can Check My Gamertag Which Is The Same As My UserName Here For ProofPS_John

maybe u should read it again it doesnt say that in my post? i proved i had 360 and u cant accept it

That's because you edited the post at 2:08 which is right before you posted this. Man I've seen some bad liars in my day but you most certainly take the cake. You should just leave for a while or create a new account and pretend you're someone else. Maybe you can make fun of yourself to throw suspicion off.

Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Yes im the TC of this thread but PS_John got owned hard.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

PS John, you are pathetic, now im telling you how you changed the past few posts into something you liked:

N0han
i think hes a WUM (wind up merchant) no one can be like that without trying, can they :? (make sure you read at the top of page ten about his 360 RROD'ing)
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#198 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

PS_John

Dude. You posted that pic while stating that you had just recieved the 360 back and it RROD on you (08 ). Now you're saying you psted that pic before you sent it in the first time (07)? We believe you, buddy.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
lol PS_john just give it up, thats twice you have been owned on an epic level in this thread
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
PS_John, you are a friggin' awesome guy. Keep it up, your posts brings happiness to this forums.