Trials Fusion Day One Patch - Increases res on X1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Who does one believe: the technical experts or blind lemmings like Justin and SlowRobby?

It falls to resolution to define the better console release - and in this case the PS4's full 1080p native resolution gives it a clear edge. [F]or clinical, bright indoor areas the [Xbone's] increased pixel-crawl is a distraction. Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas," Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas.

PC is the best of the four, then, with PS4 coming closest to matching it,

Suck it down, lems. Every drop. :)

These are payed shills (or idiots) Look at the comparisons and see for yourself that the ONE version is superior. How can you sit here and let a "expert" tell you that 1080p mud looks good?

Begin your meltdown............3,2,1. GO

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

They are paid professionals, Justin (though in Leadbetter's case, he also has a history of being a MS shill).

It'll take more than lemming blindness to cause a meltdown. Looking forward to getting my copy of Trials tomorrow on the PS4 - the console it's supposed to be played on. :)

Bloody hell, looks like the Xbone has a crappier framerate than all the other too.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#203 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Now if the ps4 version looked better then the ONE version I would care. But sadly it isn't.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Who does one believe: the technical experts or blind lemmings like Justin and SlowRobby?

It falls to resolution to define the better console release - and in this case the PS4's full 1080p native resolution gives it a clear edge. [F]or clinical, bright indoor areas the [Xbone's] increased pixel-crawl is a distraction. Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas," Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas.

Technical Experts that thought CoD was running in higher resolution on the PS4 compared to the Xbox One? Yeah real tech savvy people over there. SlowRobby super funny btw, you must be do comedy on stage.

...It does, you doughnut. PS4 is 1080p, Xbone is 720p. PS4 also runs over 60fps.

MASSIVE self-ownage by Robby, as per usual.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Stone cold facts. PS4 is on a ROLL.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GrenadeLauncher
@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Technical Experts that thought CoD was running in higher resolution on the PS4 compared to the Xbox One? Yeah real tech savvy people over there. SlowRobby super funny btw, you must be do comedy on stage.

...It does, you doughnut. PS4 is 1080p, Xbone is 720p. PS4 also runs over 60fps.

MASSIVE self-ownage by Robby, as per usual.

Haha, you clearly know nothing, in the beginning it was 720p on both consoles, the PS4 1080p came with an update. HAHA, do you even follow tech news? They compared to 720p versions and then claimed you could clearly see the difference, only Polygon mentioned that they didn't really see any difference, because everyone thought it was 720p vs 1080p.

Just as well everyone played the 1080p version, isn't it?

Xbone version stumbles once again. Just accept the fact you and your scum chums are in the gaming ghetto this gen.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 GrenadeLauncher

Face it, 1080p is always going to look nicer than 720p or 900p. Keep justifying your blundered emotional connection to a brand. Hopefully it'll make you feel better.

@FastRobby said:

I'm not in the gaming ghetto, because I'm having fun, with good graphics, call me when you have a triple-A exclusive with a score higher than 8.

Call me when you do too. That might be when Soda Drinker Pro is out though.

In b4 Lamespot scores, lmao.

Also I believe in the power of the cloud, because it already has been proven, not only by Microsoft, also by AMD. But if cows want to believe it's all a fairy tale, that's their choice.

Yep, away with the fairies. Typical lemming.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GrenadeLauncher

"da powwa of da clowd" in about ten years.

RIP consoles. Then again you can easily argue they're already dead.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#213  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

What did I miss? Is this one of those, the reso is higher on PS4 but X1 version has better textures, detail, sharpness, color etc? I personally could care less about this game but in general, this is what is going to happen this gen if devs continuously keep pushing this "must be 1080p" crap. Both X1 and PS4 have their limitations and they are going to show more quickly this gen. In the end, I would take better looking games at 720p/900p upscaled to 1080p than a 1080p game suffering framerate issues and lacking certain details. To each their own I guess *shrug*

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

people fighting over this ugly looking game on al platforms LMAO

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Xbox One has superior version. PS4 has mud for textures and more fog. The ONE version is simply beautiful.

Watch for yourselves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcklldryRhw

1080p??? LOL to achieve that number they had to wash things out. Another superior version to The ONE. The scales will soon tip.

I bought the PS4 version. Trails isn't about graphics really but anyone with eyes has to admit the Xbox One version looks better. (judging by the comparison video) The PS4 version, like the Xbox One has texture pop in and some tearing but it doesn't really hurt the experience. Trials is a fun game and everybody should check it out.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#216  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
FoxbatAlpha said:

Xbox One has superior version. PS4 has mud for textures and more fog. The ONE version is simply beautiful.

1080p??? LOL to achieve that number they had to wash things out. Another superior version to The ONE. The scales will soon tip.

I bought the PS4 version. Trails isn't about graphics really but anyone with eyes has to admit the Xbox One version looks better. (judging by the comparison video) The PS4 version, like the Xbox One has texture pop in and some tearing but it doesn't really hurt the experience. Trials is a fun game and everybody should check it out.

Compressed Youtube bait after all these years? I thought SW knew better years ago, but I forget new accounts are in SW these days more than in 2008-2011. New generation of trolls and Troll bait and all that. Youtube =/= RL. Never judge a game's comparison by youtube (or similar services).

That video is from Eurogamer, so here's Eurogamer's Digital Foundry article where Eurogamer (the authors of that compressed youtube video above) are quoted verbatim below:

"It falls to resolution to define the better console release - and in this case the PS4's full 1080p native resolution gives it a clear edge. For the most part, the Xbox One's updated 1600x900 framebuffer comes respectably close in motion, but for clinical, bright indoor areas the increased pixel-crawl is a distraction. Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas, but otherwise they each offer a very strong experience.

PC is the best of the four, then, with PS4 coming closest to matching it, but from a gameplay perspective you can't go too far wrong with any of them."

---

That's all directly quoted from the creator's of the video. I don't own the game, I'm not a big trials fan, but I own the first game on 360. I just found the commentary on the video odd considering the technical source's words are in stark contrast. I also see who you are quoting and what he's well known for. I heard the new one is good, happy gaming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@SolidTy said:

@GoldenElementXL said:
FoxbatAlpha said:

Compressed Youtube bait after all these years? I thought SW knew better years ago, but I forget new accounts are in SW these days more than in 2008-2011. New generation of trolls and Troll bait and all that. Youtube =/= RL. Never judge a game's comparison by youtube (or similar services).

That video is from Eurogamer, so here's Eurogamer's Digital Foundry article where Eurogamer (the authors of that compressed youtube video above) are quoted verbatim below:

"It falls to resolution to define the better console release - and in this case the PS4's full 1080p native resolution gives it a clear edge. For the most part, the Xbox One's updated 1600x900 framebuffer comes respectably close in motion, but for clinical, bright indoor areas the increased pixel-crawl is a distraction. Both versions suffer from texture pop-in and occasional tearing in different areas, but otherwise they each offer a very strong experience.

PC is the best of the four, then, with PS4 coming closest to matching it, but from a gameplay perspective you can't go too far wrong with any of them."

---

That's all directly quoted from the creator's of the video. I don't own the game, I'm not a big trials fan, but I own the first game on 360. I just found the commentary on the video odd considering the technical source's words are in stark contrast. I also see who you are quoting and what he's well known for. I heard the new one is good, happy gaming.

I only quoted Foxbat because the link was in his post. Like I said I own the PS4 version but thought the Xbox One version looked a little better in that clip and in some of the screens posted in this thread. Really I think its the Xbox One crushed black/color contrast thing that I prefer. But when playing Trials none of that matters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@getyeryayasout said:

Fusion is too extreme and has shredded the rubber on my left thumb stick. I recommend investing in thumb caps to protect your DS4 from the awesomeness of Trials Fusion.

Ha NBA 2K14 ruined the rubber on my DS4 sticks. Grips are a must for the DS4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@getyeryayasout said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@getyeryayasout said:

Fusion is too extreme and has shredded the rubber on my left thumb stick. I recommend investing in thumb caps to protect your DS4 from the awesomeness of Trials Fusion.

Sad but true. I called BS on it until it started happening to me. I like the shape of the new sticks much more than on the DS3, but they should've used the same rubber coating on DS4 as the DS3 had.

One added benefit of the thumb caps is that by raising the height of the left stick just a bit, it feels more like the Xbox's offset sticks, which is a bonus for me.

I made a thread about the thumb sticks months ago and got called a Lem and everything. I know this board doesn't want to hear ANYTHING negative about the PS4 but the thumb stick issue is real. Anyway I got the grips and things have been great since. I got a 4 pack for like 8 bucks.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#223  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@getyeryayasout said:

Sad but true. I called BS on it until it started happening to me. I like the shape of the new sticks much more than on the DS3, but they should've used the same rubber coating on DS4 as the DS3 had.

One added benefit of the thumb caps is that by raising the height of the left stick just a bit, it feels more like the Xbox's offset sticks, which is a bonus for me.

I made a thread about the thumb sticks months ago and got called a Lem and everything. I know this board doesn't want to hear ANYTHING negative about the PS4 but the thumb stick issue is real. Anyway I got the grips and things have been great since. I got a 4 pack for like 8 bucks.

In that thread I recall between users calling you out in yet another thread, but I also remember one user dropped a link to Sony's program of replacing the thumb-sticks and DS4s. It's all vague as it wasn't my thread, but perhaps you remember more as I remember you commenting about the link or something to that effect.

That DS4 information/warranty might be of interest to getyeryayasout.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@SolidTy: @GoldenElementXL: @getyeryayasout: Solid is right, i can't find it now but Sony had some sort of recall or switched so the controllers they were putting out were free from the issue iirc. All previous controllers affected have a warranty, a year i think.

Inconvenient (mine are going a bit too) having to get them replaced especially if you only own one controller but i don't think it's worse than the power difference getyeryayasout given it seems to have been sorted :)

I know places that sell raised thumb sticks for 360 controllers as my brother has some so i get what one of you was saying about having elevated thumbsticks. It felt unnatural to me but my brother loves them for shooters and uses them on his X1, makes you more accurate or so the selling company claims.

Link for warranty info: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/01/28/sony-acknowledges-dualshock-4-analog-stick-tearing-a-very-small-number-of-users-have-reported-it/

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

DOes the patch get rid of that N64esque fuzzy blur?

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yup.

Wow give me 900p any time. Wow

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Same dude contradicts himself with the Thief analysis, same issues different opinion. Yeah you listen to that dude.

Use your eyes, stop drinking the wine, its tainted.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#230 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

It's fairly hilarious how this thread filled up with "graphics experts" touting the benefits of 900p upscaling.

Digital Foundry says the best console version is on the Playstation 4, mostly because of the 1080p resolution. I'll take their word over every single poster on this forum, thank you very much.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@GravityX said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Same dude contradicts himself with the Thief analysis, same issues different opinion. Yeah you listen to that dude.

Use your eyes, stop drinking the wine, its tainted.

DF actually said the Xbone version of Thief was marginally better so, yeah.

Keep grasping, lems, just copped Trials Fusion in glorious 1080p while you fret over half a second texture load. RIP left stick.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 GrenadeLauncher

Hahahaha! I just played that stage. It was an asset streaming problem that goes away after about a second.

Justin and SlowRobby blown the **** out as usual

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@xhawk27 said:

Lazy devs is the reason it's only 900p. Look at Forza 5 it's 1080p 60fps. Are you guys saying that Trials Fusion looks better than Forza 5?

It doesn't even look better on PS4, nice textures on that PS4

That's a texture streaming issue, you dumbfuck lem. Best not to get your bullshit from "FutureProofXbox."

Straight from Digital Foundry:

Lemmings destroyed once again.

That's their opinion, I rather have decent textures than 1080p, but you cows only look at resolution, because you think that's a decent measure, dumb cows, njam njam eating Sony lies. PS4 has more texture streaming issues, but it's 1080p so it's even more crappier than in 900p, njam njam.

According to Digital Foundry Xbox One version has a lot more problems with pop-in and even some screen tearing. Yuck. Obviously PS4 textures are better as well.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hahahaha! I just played that stage. It was an asset streaming problem that goes away after about a second.

Justin and SlowRobby blown the **** out as usual

Just look at the complete video, it happens more on PS4. The only thing this tells me, is that the game just sucks on both consoles, and that the developers are idiots that can't program. How in your right mind would you ever release something like this, I know they are on a budget, but **** the budget if you are going to release a game with silly crappy texture problems. Who cares about 1080p if the textures suck everywhere...

The textures are exactly the same, though. The Xbone version also has worse frame rate issues and more screen tearing.

SDC once again, FTW.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

lol come back from the Easter holiday and some topics just keep trucking on it seems :P

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@FastRobby: While I was a little surprised by the lack of polish on the PS4 version of Trials Fusion, it really is a gameplay over graphics game if there ever was one. Imo, of course.

Yeah I know gameplay is more important in this game, but these are things that shouldn't occur.

Yeah, like massive screentearing on the Xbone. Titanflop had the same issue.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

lol come back from the Easter holiday and some topics just keep trucking on it seems :P

You are on a roll. Don't stop brotha.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@FastRobby: While I was a little surprised by the lack of polish on the PS4 version of Trials Fusion, it really is a gameplay over graphics game if there ever was one. Imo, of course.

Yeah I know gameplay is more important in this game, but these are things that shouldn't occur.

Still mad infamous flopped harder?

A million in nine days, lem. If that's a flop I'd hate to see what you think of Flopect Sports Failure.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 GrenadeLauncher
@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

@getyeryayasout said:

Still mad infamous flopped harder?

A million in nine days, lem. If that's a flop I'd hate to see what you think of Flopect Sports Failure.

Haha classic cow, thanks for clarifying it.

You don't seem to know what the word "If" means.

I swear each new intake of lemmings gets increasingly dumber.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 GrenadeLauncher
@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@FastRobby said:

Haha classic cow, thanks for clarifying it.

You don't seem to know what the word "If" means.

I swear each new intake of lemmings gets increasingly dumber.

You still can't read, can you? You first call Titanfall a flop, than you call Infamous a success because it sold 1mil in 9 days. But Titanfall sold even more, so that just makes you a hypocrite cow. I know shocker...

We don't even have TF numbers yet. In b4 VGChartz.

Would it kill you lems to wait? You already have to do that for games.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 GrenadeLauncher
@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

We don't even have TF numbers yet. In b4 VGChartz.

Would it kill you lems to wait? You already have to do that for games.

More triple-A exclusives on Xbox One, but keep playing indie games that are fun for 30min, and can be played on PC, laptop, tablet...

AAA worthwhile confirmed exclusives on PS4 in 2014: Infamous, MLB 14 The Show, Drive Club, The Order.

AAA worthwhile confirmed exclusives on Xbone in 2014: Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Quantum Break

Ruh roh!