Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

The thread title is misnamed, It should be titled..

"Tom Mcshea Pushing his Vagenda"

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#152 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@Dasein808 said:

@Minishdriveby said:

She's received multiple death threats since the conception of her kickstarter; you're claiming that those are invalid because there was a Brazilian journalist who sent her a death threat to create an article follow up.

No.

I'm claiming that she has no idea where those death threats may have originated, and there are also many other public figures that regularly deal, professionally, with a higher volume of death threats.

I'm claiming that she accused gamers/gg as being responsible for her most recent death threat in Utah.

GG proved that not only was this not the case, but they also identified the perpetrator.

She has subsequently opted to neither thank GG or file charges against her harasser in spite of the apparent grief he inspired as well as a need to mention one's patreon account in light of the most recent bout of patriarchal oppression.

Okay. Cool. Well as long we agree she's received 100's of death/rape threats inspired by her kickstarter for a videogame video series.

Most people in the public sphere get death threats whether they are male or female.

The difference is that most of them don't b*tch and moan and instead do the smart thing and keep quiet while alerting the proper authorities.

You could of switched Anita out with a random male and he would probably receive just as many death threats.

No one deserves to receive any death threats, regardless of gender. If your argument is that "others get death threats too", then that's a very weak, cop-out argument, especially if those "others" doesn't include yourself. If you've never received death threats before, then you obviously wouldn't understand the amount of psychological stress and anxiety it causes. It shouldn't be surprising why so many people in the public sphere are coming out in support of her and opposing gamergate, because clearly they've had enough of being threatened with rape, death, violence and terrorism by internet trolls.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Where do i get my dude membership card? does it come with free games??

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#154  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Who the hell is pushing this ridiculous whinefest?

Hipsters?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#155 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Stop posting anything from that scammer's channel.

Once again the best thing to do with trolls is ignore them and that Anita woman (and her manipulative boyfriend) is one of the biggest professional trolls going. She's in it for the money and if she wants to con feminazis out of their cash, that's fine but please don't broadcast her drivel.

For the love of gaming, Ignore her and her videos.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Gue1: Yeah him and Kevin Van Ord should not have appeared in that video

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

It's incredible how many people in here are behaving like the oblivious, self-entitled idiots this video is calling out to.
I don't care for Anita, I don't care if you people think she's a bitch, I don't care if you think Kevin is pushing an agenda.

The point is the things they say in the video are legit. Yeah, male gamers get harrassed too. But we are not harassed because of our gender. I'm sure none of you guys were ever asked to "send pics of your dong or to gtfo". None of you whas probably ever attacked for being a guy.

This isn't about "all male gamers are sexist douchebags". This is about male gamers that AREN'T sexist douchebags speaking up to those that are.

So before you guys continue to hop on your stupid hate train you got going on here and being part of the problem, maybe just think about how this community could be more welcoming if people didn't harass one another in gaming. Yeah, guys get insulted, too. No one is ignoring that. The point of this video is that female gamers get insulted and harassed simply based on being female, and that's a different matter.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 653 Posts

I will always love mcshea for giving that game a wonderful 8 even then thats to damn high.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#159 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts

@Nightflash28 said:

It's incredible how many people in here are behaving like the oblivious, self-entitled idiots this video is calling out to.

I don't care for Anita, I don't care if you people think she's a bitch, I don't care if you think Kevin is pushing an agenda.

The point is the things they say in the video are legit. Yeah, male gamers get harrassed too. But we are not harassed because of our gender. I'm sure none of you guys were ever asked to "send pics of your dong or to gtfo". None of you whas probably ever attacked for being a guy.

This isn't about "all male gamers are sexist douchebags". This is about male gamers that AREN'T sexist douchebags speaking up to those that are.

So before you guys continue to hop on your stupid hate train you got going on here and being part of the problem, maybe just think about how this community could be more welcoming if people didn't harass one another in gaming. Yeah, guys get insulted, too. No one is ignoring that. The point of this video is that female gamers get insulted and harassed simply based on being female, and that's a different matter.

Chill dude, we can't control what others do or say. The most we can do is call out those who display sexist behavior and hope they change their ways, is all.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178880 Posts

You know I want to believe that the gamersgate crap is exaggerated but then I read a thread like this and it does put gamers in a bad light. Seriously anyone condoning this harassment needs to check themselves.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#161 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

There was nothing really wrong with that video. It reinforces a positive message at the end.

I do, however, see something terribly wrong with how some of yous are reacting to said video. Very immature, to a disturbing extent.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

He was a terrible reviewer IMO, but its not like he is wrong here.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@RyviusARC said:

Most people in the public sphere get death threats whether they are male or female.

The difference is that most of them don't b*tch and moan and instead do the smart thing and keep quiet while alerting the proper authorities.

You could of switched Anita out with a random male and he would probably receive just as many death threats.

No one deserves to receive any death threats, regardless of gender. If your argument is that "others get death threats too", then that's a very weak, cop-out argument, especially if those "others" doesn't include yourself. If you've never received death threats before, then you obviously wouldn't understand the amount of psychological stress and anxiety it causes. It shouldn't be surprising why so many people in the public sphere are coming out in support of her and opposing gamergate, because clearly they've had enough of being threatened with rape, death, violence and terrorism by internet trolls.

You cut off the quote before his point, and I think you did it on purpose.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
@Slashkice said:

Video lost me at 2:03.

Movember is over man, shave it off. :|

I am SO glad I read the transcript instead. lol

@Krelian-co said:

just out of curiosity, would you mind telling us where is this popular demand that wanted you to post another garbagestastic anita video?

Check a few posts above. Not everyone saw the video, again, the one the topic is about, again, the one you didn't watch, because it's been removed from the OP.

@Krelian-co said:

it's an anita video and i already watched thunderfoot reply video, that's enough info and it is a free forum after all.

Yep. Free forum. You're free to be a goddamn idiot. I'm free to call you out for it.

@finalfantasy94 said:

I find it funny that she disables her comment section. Yea people say horrible things but thats the internet. It shows she has no backbone and doesint want to debate her opinions on the situation. Its like doing a discussion table and saying "ok im going to say my piece and noone in this room can dispute it other wise. So stay silent"

Backbone has nothing to do with it. You're still free to criticize her, just not on YouTube because the YouTube comment section is usually shit for a regular video while for controversial videos everyone goes at everyone else's throat and it goes unchecked because YouTube has next to no policing. Other places like GAF (and I would assume GS) do.

Also, "Because the Internet is horrible" is a poor excuse. We don't say "Because humans are horrible" in meatspace.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#165  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Guess I'll watch the video eventually because apparently it isn't about people calling dudes assholes or sexists.

brut_fruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 brut_fruit
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts
Loading Video...

lol feminism so much for "we are not taking your games away" eh?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

yeah I saw this a day or so ago on the GG tag its laughable.

-""men will never see insults based around their gender""

Hmmmm yet back in the old halo 2 days, I was specifically said to be a little boy who's balls hadn't dropped yet when I bitched at a guy for camping....odd that.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By KungfuKitten
@brut_fruit said:

lol feminism so much for "we are not taking your games away" eh?

There are so many comments of Australian girls who are incredibly embarrassed by these ********'s XD

Who tf do they think they are helping by banning a videogame. Omg. Thank you for saving women from enjoying a fracking game. All of this crap happening to gaming this year has been hilarious. All sorts of games not working, the patches that fix the transaction system instead of the fracking game, and Bayonetta 2 that was critically acclaimed everywhere possibly a GOTY but nobody buys it. Can you imagine, I'm not saying that this will happen, but if that game ends up winning GOTY on most major sites? That is just so unreal that it makes me cackle.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

I find it funny that she disables her comment section. Yea people say horrible things but thats the internet. It shows she has no backbone and doesint want to debate her opinions on the situation. Its like doing a discussion table and saying "ok im going to say my piece and noone in this room can dispute it other wise. So stay silent"

Backbone has nothing to do with it. You're still free to criticize her, just not on YouTube because the YouTube comment section is usually shit for a regular video while for controversial videos everyone goes at everyone else's throat and it goes unchecked because YouTube has next to no policing. Other places like GAF (and I would assume GS) do.

Also, "Because the Internet is horrible" is a poor excuse. We don't say "Because humans are horrible" in meatspace.

The simple fact is your not free to criticize her since she disabled the youtube comment section. If your going to do that dont make a youtube video. Iv seen other sensible video responses that comment on this and they 100% right. They've been threaten and harassed and you know what their comment section are still open. So yea it is a lack of backbone and there's no excuse for disabling the comments. She doesint deserve some sort of special pass.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 WilliamRLBaker

@Jag85 said:

@RyviusARC said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@Dasein808 said:

@Minishdriveby said:

She's received multiple death threats since the conception of her kickstarter; you're claiming that those are invalid because there was a Brazilian journalist who sent her a death threat to create an article follow up.

No.

I'm claiming that she has no idea where those death threats may have originated, and there are also many other public figures that regularly deal, professionally, with a higher volume of death threats.

I'm claiming that she accused gamers/gg as being responsible for her most recent death threat in Utah.

GG proved that not only was this not the case, but they also identified the perpetrator.

She has subsequently opted to neither thank GG or file charges against her harasser in spite of the apparent grief he inspired as well as a need to mention one's patreon account in light of the most recent bout of patriarchal oppression.

Okay. Cool. Well as long we agree she's received 100's of death/rape threats inspired by her kickstarter for a videogame video series.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL yep their form of support? harassment, and death threats against Gamergaters lol that's so awesome.
Also I could bring up.....Internet bullying? lol ****** just close your eyes ****** walk away from the computer....etc

LOL twitter gave me PTSD boo hooo.

also its far from a cop out argument considering the fact that SJW's like anita claim ""we are peaceful, ultimate god like beings we never hurt anyone"" Also of note whether people deserve things or not is completely subjective you don't get to decide what is and isn't right since Morality is an illusion obviously so since SJW's harassment, and make death threats far more than anyone else including to themselves so they can continue their victim narrative.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Holy shit the reason gta 5 got pulled is because of SJW's? Wtf? Why?

This shits getting ridiculous, it's like that UCLA student in Ferguson who thought they could lecture a black cop in his 50's on racism when he survived through the Jim Crow Law era. Bad example but in tune with the same garbage.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Because of the violence against women despite you killing, running over, and flat-out torturing men in the game.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@freedomfreak said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Because of the violence against women despite you killing, running over, and flat-out torturing men in the game.

That's entirely ridiculous, this game supports equal rights. SJW's need to check their privilege on this one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
@WilliamRLBaker said:

Hmmmm yet back in the old halo 2 days, I was specifically said to be a little boy who's balls hadn't dropped yet when I bitched at a guy for camping....odd that.

Actually, I'd highlight being little. The gist of the insult is that you were too young at the time to be playing with the big boys. :P Never played Halo MP, but if camping wasn't cheap (and it isn't in any decently balanced game)...

"If I am trash-talked or verbally berated while playing online, it will not be because I am male nor will my gender be invoked as an insult."

Yes, your gender was invoked. You are correct on that point. You were, however, insulted because of your skill and nothing else. The main point stands.

@finalfantasy94 said:

The simple fact is your not free to criticize her since she disabled the youtube comment section. If your going to do that dont make a youtube video. Iv seen other sensible video responses that comment on this and they 100% right. They've been threaten and harassed and you know what their comment section are still open. So yea it is a lack of backbone and there's no excuse for disabling the comments. She doesint deserve some sort of special pass.

To an unmanageable degree? Who polices YouTube videos to make sure that most of the comment section is civil by YouTube or human standards? If you're going to criticize, you're going to need a better environment than YouTube because even if your criticisms are genuine, I guarantee they will be lost there.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 LJS9502_basic

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@freedomfreak said:
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

That's entirely ridiculous, this game supports equal rights. SJW's need to check their privilege on this one.

Eh that's a simplistic overview of the issue.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@DefconRave said:

@Nightflash28 said:

Chill dude, we can't control what others do or say. The most we can do is call out those who display sexist behavior and hope they change their ways, is all.

Not much we can do, yeah but still many people here missed the point of the video, got offended too easily or were simply ignoring reality.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Key word is little. That's about your age. Not your gender. Well he didn't know your age but he thought you were a little kid.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 LJS9502_basic

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Pst...that's not really a gender issue.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By KungfuKitten

@LJS9502_basic said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Half jokingly, I think it is though. When something is wrong men are supposed to suck it up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 deactivated-586249e1b64ba

RE: THEY TOOK OUR GAEMZ

This isn't relevant to the topic at hand, so I'll try to settle this quickly:

No, they didn't. K-Mart and Target did. Other people responsible in some way? Oh, yes. People are also responsible for not letting me buy porn at Walmart. This isn't worth raising a stink over so long as there is a legal avenue to acquire the game. This isn't the Jack Thompson era.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Technoweirdo said:
@Slashkice said:

Video lost me at 2:03.

Movember is over man, shave it off. :|

I am SO glad I read the transcript instead. lol

@Krelian-co said:

just out of curiosity, would you mind telling us where is this popular demand that wanted you to post another garbagestastic anita video?

Check a few posts above. Not everyone saw the video, again, the one the topic is about, again, the one you didn't watch, because it's been removed from the OP.

@Krelian-co said:

it's an anita video and i already watched thunderfoot reply video, that's enough info and it is a free forum after all.

Yep. Free forum. You're free to be a goddamn idiot. I'm free to call you out for it.

@finalfantasy94 said:

oh i am sorry i don't agree you should be treated special because you have a vagina or are a man that wants one, you can go on ahead and post more garbage videos from anita crying my dear mangina.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LJS9502_basic

@KungfuKitten said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Half jokingly, I think it is though. When something is wrong men are supposed to suck it up.

There is a difference between the usual internet trolling and basing everything on gender though.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#185 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@Krelian-co: hahaha I love it... sorry I am cracking up... "mangina" hehe...

All comedy aside the whole victim thing is getting out of hand.. first it was occupy Wallstreet then Ferguson, and the whole SWJ stuff and the dudes who support their agenda and want to censor stuff and stop gaming as we know it be PC.

Ughh enough with political correctness already. We are all equal. Trolls will always be on the internet. There is nothing to stop that as most are Teens and teens like to talk smack... look at twitch streams...it's a cess pool. But do u see me asking to ban people, no I just don't let my kids watch...simple solution as a parent.

Where did all this come from this year. .. it used to be all about the games..

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@RyviusARC said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@Dasein808 said:

@Minishdriveby said:

No.

You act as if gamergate is all a bunch of people who hate women and throw out death threats. There are plenty of females part of gamergate as well.

I've been robbed at gun point which is much more direct of a death threat so don't give me that bullshit.

And I am not saying she deserves death threats just that she is using them to gain attention. The right thing to do is to alert the proper authorities and not to spread the death threat message as that complicates the investigation.

I like how you completely ignore anything else I said as well.

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

A heads up - I removed a few comments in this thread that went a bit too far in criticising people, please try and keep things civil on gs.

I think a few good points are brought up in the video. I also think, however, that the people in it are in danger of being something they oppose: men instruct women on what to think and what it's like to be a woman (I believe some feminists call this 'mansplaining'). Every woman who has ever played games has her own experiences, some may find this video resonates with them, others may not relate to it at all. And for the latter, this may very well come across to them as a bunch of blokes saying "THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE YOU AND I'M HERE TO HELP YOU". Videos like this have been made in response to the complaints made by a number of individual people, not by women as a whole or a majority, so I think the points raised in this video are generalisations at best. Generalisations have their place but they should also not present themselves as anything more than generalisations.

Messages like this seem to regularly be broadcast specifically toward gamers, but I haven't seen solid justification for doing so. Some points to consider:

1. Does gaming have an especially bad problem with sexism? Sexism exists in wider society so naturally some sexists are gamers. But is the problem worse in gaming than in other hobbies or industries? That's not to say people shouldn't have conversations about sexism in gaming, but if the root of the problem lies elsewhere then efforts spent specifically on gaming will only help to a limited extent.

2. Is sexist abuse worse than any other kind of abuse? I don't doubt that there are many women who, when playing online games for example, have received degrading comments pertaining to their gender. I also don't doubt that there are many other gamers who have received abuse pertaining to other aspects of their personality (such as their age or their accent). The internet can be a nasty place where threats and abusive remarks are thrown around without care. Anita has received death threats just for making unpopular videos, just as loads of other people have received death threats for doing things people don't like. Hell I'm pretty sure I've received some nasty and threatening remarks from time to time just for being a moderator on this site. Look at any politician's twitter account, damn near anything they post has a load of abusive responses to it. Again, this is a problem that people shouldn't be afraid to talk about and it can have a horrible effect on people. But are threats made against women (and especially feminists) intrinsically worse than the many threats made to other people? If not, then treating it as an issue of sexism prevents the worse underlying problem from being adequately dealt with and does not help many victims.

For my part, I think most gamers aren't sexists, the majority of us don't treat other gamers differently because of their gender or send out nasty remarks to people who upset us. But we're also not activists who make a dedicated effort to fight against sexism. Most of us just want to enjoy games. Is that such a bad thing? It doesn't hurt to raise awareness so people have a better understanding of what others go through, but not everyone can be an activist. And if we must all be activists, nobody has the authority to say which ideology is the right one to support. I feel the men in the video have fallen into the trap of thinking that feminism is one specific set of beliefs, that this set of beliefs is correct and that anyone who promotes them is a good person who should not be criticised. Feminism is an incredibly broad spectrum of beliefs and ideologies, and any one feminist is likely to disagree with many others and sometimes outright detest them. Most of what Anita says is her opinion and it should be treated as such, she's not relaying facts; disagreeing with her doesn't automatically make you a sexist. Furthermore, although feminism does exist to promote a good cause, if you instantly treat anyone who stands behind that cause as a paragon of virtue who nobody is allowed to criticise, don't be surprised when malicious people start taking advantage of the nice shield you put up for them and exploit feminism for their own personal gain. One of the most common criticisms of Anita I see is that people think she's a fraud who's using feminism to make money and isn't truly committed to it. I also think, to an extent, that this is what some of the men in the video are doing - supporting messages like this makes them look like nice people, yet McIntosh at least certainly isn't.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

Couldn't help but notice they are all liberals....

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ReadingRainbow4

@magicalclick said:

The gamerGate thing? As a gay man, if I can't play as sexy bear guys, I would play as sexy girls. Lots of actions, not a game that plays itself of course, I have movies and TV shows for that. Loves over top Bayonatta. Why not? She is pretty. She is powerful. She kicks ass. No depressing games for me. Hell, even Dark Soul is a unbareable for me, the game is so slow and punishing, it is depressing.

Dragon Age has all your gay needs covered bro.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#190 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

i'm not even going to watch that video because i know how angry its going to make me. instead i'll just offer my opinion about tom. ever since he became vocal about his distaste for medal of honor warfighter i've wanted to punch the guy in the face. hes a whiny progressive twat whos very agenda is offensive to anyone with a sliver of common sense or a functioning brain for that matter. watching him get destroyed by the moh lead in a latter interview was pure satisfaction. i was even more disgusted by his complaints regarding a female hostage in the new rainbow six game, talk about grasping for straws. people like him are a cancer on society, pushing they're politically correct and progressive nonsense on whoever they don't agree with. i was absolutely thrilled when gamespot let him go and am saddened to see hes somehow found his way back here.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#191 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

It has nothing to do with backbone, if she doesn't want to skim through a bunch of juvenile shit, she doesn't have to, beauty of your channel, you do with the comments section what you want.

@ActicEdge said:

I didn't expect SW to actually get the point of that video.

This forum community isn't capable of handling topics that go beyond the depth of "does sonic suck or not".

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@ninjaxams: bro in your entertaining post you mention some ownage, does it occur in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-H-e0XTE4

edit: ~10 mins in, and I have to say this is like some sort of peculiar kind of trolling. McShae's so focussed on the most unimportant things it boggles the mind. The game dev seems 100% level headed to me.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#193  Edited By ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
@CrownKingArthur said:

@ninjaxams: bro in your entertaining post you mention some ownage, does it occur in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-H-e0XTE4

yea lol, thanks i've been looking for that. that entire interview was priceless. i like greg goodrich anyway, he seems like a good guy. was sad to see him leave that project.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#194  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Meh some of those points are stating the obvious and some I agree with and some I disagree with.

At least it's not the worst FQ video.

That being said I still think it's hilarious that comments and ratings are disabled (especially ratings). To me it just screams cowardice as if they are the only ones that get harassed and trolled over a controversial opinion. The solution is: don't read the comment section if your videos. I don't know why people on yt and social media don't do this. As for disabling ratings, it doesn't make any sense at all (generally speaking).

And btw, some of those men in this video have said some asinine stupid shit the last couple months (McIntosh too).. But hey, at least they didn't get moviebob (lol) on there.

That is all.

EDIT: I disagree with Tom on some things but I always laugh at fanboys who take reviews too seriously. Bringing up Skyward Sword and TLOU is pointless in 2014 with concerns with this topic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#195 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

People still listen to Tom McShame? Lol, his reviews are some of the worst I've ever seen.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

edit: ~10 mins in, and I have to say this is like some sort of peculiar kind of trolling. McShae's so focussed on the most unimportant things it boggles the mind. The game dev seems 100% level headed to me.

****. Wow. I'm about 12 minutes into the video, but I can safely say I would have lost my cool with Tom by that point. I'd have laughed in his face and told his bitch ass to gtfo.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 WilliamRLBaker

https://feelsandreals.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/25-visible-benefits-of-gaming-while-female/

Many women recently have claimed to experience alienation and harassment in gaming because of their gender. They have spent countless hours telling social media, and real media, about how their individual experiences are indicative of a widespread issue. Any women who attempt to showcase their positive experiences in gaming are met with accusations of self-hatred, or of not being real. One of the issues of being a member of a group that is constantly being told is “oppressed” is that the benefits awarded to us may remain invisible. Working towards a solution requires that female gamers become aware of the ways which we unconsciously benefit from being female. With that in mind, the following is a list of some of the concrete benefits that female gamers automatically receive simply for being female.

1. I don’t have to be worried about being told I am “too old” to be playing games. Because I am female, no one will call me a “man-baby” or claim that I “need to grow up” simply because I choose to play games. It will also not automatically be assumed that I am a nerd or a virgin.

2. As a female, I don’t have to worry that someone will automatically assume I live with my parents because I play games.

3. People will be willing to censor popular titles, and content, for the sole purpose of catering to my possible feelings.

4. I could openly admit that I do not play games, yet people will be willing to hand me thousands of dollars just to hear my opinions on them.

5. Men will be willing to devalue themselves, and their entire gender, in order to place me on a pedestal, solely because I am female.

6. I will never have to worry about having a sufficient party in order to complete raids. Being female ensures that I will always have available allies willing to contribute to my success.

7. I can make blanket claims about gamers of an entire gender, a gender which I am not a part of and can not relate to in any real life situations, and will receive the widespread, unwavering support of the media.

8. Because I am a female, I will be far more influential in the socio-politics of in-game communities because I am seen as a rarity.

9. The industry, as a whole, is willing to attempt to push out other consumers in order to secure a safe spot for me, free from any potentially offensive or controversial content.

10. When dating, the fact that I am a gamer will not be looked down upon because of my gender, rather it is more likely to be viewed as an endearing quality.

11. In the event my presence is not welcome for any reason, I have the ability to claim the motivation is based solely on my gender, and there will be no lack of people willing to believe me with no requests for proof.

12. In the event I do something wrong and am called out on it, I have the ability to claim the person calling me out is sexist, and will receive intense, widespread support.

13. My opinions on any matter will hold more widespread clout immediately, for no reason other than I am a female

14. Many players will be more willing to censor their language in order to make sure I am more comfortable. In the event someone does not censor themselves, I will have no shortage of men willing to “white knight” on behalf of my honor. On horse or afoot.

15. As a female, people will be afraid to criticize me, or my opinions, no matter how radical or insane they are, for fear of being called sexist.

16. If I am short on in-game currency, there will always be someone willing to purchase items for me, solely because of my gender.

17. Rarely are my mistakes called out in a game. Instead of the expected trash talk a male gamer receives, I am offered constructive criticism, advice, and even compliments on what I DID do correctly.

18. As a female in a “male dominated environment,” I have the potential of holding more power in a gaming community than someone far more experienced that I, simply because I am seen as a rarity.

19. People are willing to gift me extra items, or even games, for no reason other than that I am a female.

20. I will have more success if I decide to stream on Twitch, for no reason other than that I am a female who happens to play video games.

21. Should I ever choose to enter the gaming industry, I will have more success with fundraising campaigns because of my gender alone. I will have access to special grants and foundations, based on my gender instead of my experience, ability, motivation, or credibility.

22. While it may be true that some people expect males to be better at games, that also works in my favor. I don’t have to be as good as a male in order to be considered better than him. Lower expectations does not mean I am unwelcome. Rather, it means my performance does not have to be impressive in order to impress people.

23. People will automatically assume that, because I happen to be female, I want to read gaming articles, blogs, reviews, and magazines written by other females, and will go out of their way in order to accommodate me in that regard.

24. Popular websites and magazines will take my gender into account when reviewing any game, and will stretch as far as possible in order to “pre-warn” me about any small amount of material in the game which could potentially hurt my feelings, because of my gender.

25. Because it was created by a female, this checklist will be less likely to be taken seriously because of its content. I will likely be accused of internalizing misogyny, simply because I am acknowledging the benefits I have as a female gamer, versus focusing on what I think my disadvantages are. However, I know that, in creating this list, I will also garner a decent amount of appreciation, simply because I am a female willing to express appreciation for the benefits available to me, instead of playing a perpetual victim.

~~~~~~~~~~
Simply beautiful.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: it was incredible eh? i can barely even describe exactly what he was doing.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Who cares, man? Its just an opinion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts

@CrownKingArthur: Yeah man, I did manage to finish the whole thing, it only got worse. Good on that guy for keeping his cool and even shaking Toms hand after that mess.

It was like the not-so-subtle shit trolling you would see here on SW, but personified.