TLHBO, New 360 Bigger and Better!!!

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 GoldenEye005
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
[QUOTE="GoldenEye005"][QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

this isnt lemming ownage. THIS IS PRE-EMPTIVE COW DAMAGE CONTROL.

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY, is any shape or form that anyone but the cows can be owned by this. future 360 owners (ie, those who havent bought one yet) will get a better 360 and cheaper than the PS3. it will even have HDMI which is kind of ironic. (and still you dont need it for 1080p. they just put it in as an added feature) and you will be able to buy the hardrive for your old xbox 360. nobody gets screwed. nobody has, nobody will. learn the deffinition of screwed, and learn to tell the difference between IT and no choice but to buy it.

once again, this isnt lemming ownage. THIS IS PRE-EMPTIVE COW DAMAGE CONTROL.

Mystikef

You are absolutely right.  The Sony fans have just been so beaten down they look for anything to make themselves feel good.  I have two 360s and I think it's freakin' awesome!  First...  I'll get to buy a new HDD.  I love upgrading...  just like I do to my PC!

My 360s will do EXACTLY what I thought they would do when I bought them.  Play games.  They will always play every single 360 game that comes out for the 360.

Every product in the world gets upgraded.  Why do Sony fans think game consoles are the only things that shouldn't?  Heck... the PS2 got numerous upgrades.

I paid close to $30,000 for my car...  Guess what?  One year later a new and better model came out.  If I were going to be upset...  you think I'd be upset about that...  not about a $400 console that still does everything I ever expected it to do.  Actually, the 360 does quite a bit more than I expected.  I didn't know I'd be able to download TV shows, Movies, or hook up IPTV when I bought them.

30,000 for a new car get you a car were the value wont go down as much (BMW) you will save you some money.

And were not upset its that we actually bought a machine PS3 that is future proof and it get upgraded via-patches not with a new SKU at least not till 4-5 more years.

Actually...  a car depreciates just after you drive it off the lot.  If you put 1000 miles on a new $30,000 car...  you'll be lucky to sell it for $25,000 as it is now considered a used car. 

But what I don't understand is why people insist that video game consoles... one of the most state-of-the-art technologies... is the one thing that should not be upgraded?  It makes ZERO sense.  Cell phones get new models every 6 months...  TVs..  about every 6 months...  PCs are considered very old after three years. Every piece of technology in the world gets an upgrade at least yearly...  why should consoles stay old?  As long as the original 360s still play every other 360 game....  who cares if new adopters can get extra featrues?  That is the same as every other product EVER.  What did I get by buying an older model?  A year and a half of great gaming!  Do you think I would give that up for an HDMI port?  Hells no.  The HDD I'll upgrade for IPTV.

Well than we should all just stick to PC's and upgrade that. I am not trying to be harsh about it its just that consoles are here to save a couple of bucks. Thats all this thread is about I think I forgot its pretty long.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="GoldenEye005"][QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY, is any shape or form that anyone but the cows can be owned by this. future 360 owners (ie, those who havent bought one yet) will get a better 360 and cheaper than the PS3. it will even have HDMI which is kind of ironic. (and still you dont need it for 1080p. they just put it in as an added feature) and you will be able to buy the hardrive for your old xbox 360. nobody gets screwed. nobody has, nobody will. learn the deffinition of screwed, and learn to tell the difference between IT and no choice but to buy it.

GoldenEye005

You are absolutely right. The Sony fans have just been so beaten down they look for anything to make themselves feel good. I have two 360s and I think it's freakin' awesome! First... I'll get to buy a new HDD. I love upgrading... just like I do to my PC!

My 360s will do EXACTLY what I thought they would do when I bought them. Play games. They will always play every single 360 game that comes out for the 360.

Every product in the world gets upgraded. Why do Sony fans think game consoles are the only things that shouldn't? Heck... the PS2 got numerous upgrades.

I paid close to $30,000 for my car... Guess what? One year later a new and better model came out. If I were going to be upset... you think I'd be upset about that... not about a $400 console that still does everything I ever expected it to do. Actually, the 360 does quite a bit more than I expected. I didn't know I'd be able to download TV shows, Movies, or hook up IPTV when I bought them.

30,000 for a new car get you a car were the value wont go down as much (BMW) you will save you some money.

And were not upset its that we actually bought a machine PS3 that is future proof and it get upgraded via-patches not with a new SKU at least not till 4-5 more years.

Actually... a car depreciates just after you drive it off the lot. If you put 1000 miles on a new $30,000 car... you'll be lucky to sell it for $25,000 as it is now considered a used car.

But what I don't understand is why people insist that video game consoles... one of the most state-of-the-art technologies... is the one thing that should not be upgraded? It makes ZERO sense. Cell phones get new models every 6 months... TVs.. about every 6 months... PCs are considered very old after three years. Every piece of technology in the world gets an upgrade at least yearly... why should consoles stay old? As long as the original 360s still play every other 360 game.... who cares if new adopters can get extra featrues? That is the same as every other product EVER. What did I get by buying an older model? A year and a half of great gaming! Do you think I would give that up for an HDMI port? Hells no. The HDD I'll upgrade for IPTV.

Well than we should all just stick to PC's and upgrade that. I am not trying to be harsh about it its just that consoles are here to save a couple of bucks. Thats all this thread is about I think I forgot its pretty long.

Save a couple buck, how does MS releasing a new SKU effect your wallet??? Unless of course you plan on purchasing it.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

Well than we should all just stick to PC's and upgrade that. I am not trying to be harsh about it its just that consoles are here to save a couple of bucks. Thats all this thread is about I think I forgot its pretty long.GoldenEye005

I really don't get what you are saying.  PCs and Consoles are not the same thing.  Consoles are designed for playing games in the living room on a TV without having to think about tech specs of the console. Its plug-and-play gaming. It is not for saving money.

Either way...  you don't need to upgrade.  My 360 will play every 360 game ever made and that ever will be made.  But if I WANT to upgrade, I have the option.  The PS3 will get another SKU at some point, no matter what Sony says about "future-proof."  Future-proof (10 years?) is a meaningless catch-phrase to make the PS3 sound more important.  Do you really want the PS3 to be the best console Sony has to offer in 2016?  Do you have any idea how far along technology will be in 2016?  It would be the equivalent of only having the PS1 to play today in 2007.  As long as a console does not become obsolete...  upgrades are fine.  The original 360 is not obsolete.  But new adopters have a better option.. if they want.  And early adopters can upgrade...  if they want.

It blows my mind that people are so against having choices.

gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
WTF? 3 Different Packages in what...1 year and 3-4 months.

I mean 2 is pushing it, but 3? Come on whats next? An XBOX 360 with a 1TB HDD and an HD-DVD drive built in...Coming Winter 2007?

This is such BS. Releasing a package much much better then its current a little over a year after the original?

Look at Sony (cause I know ppl are going to bring this up) PS2.

The original one came out in 2000-01. Then 4 (longer then the XBOX life) year's later, they released a slimmer one. (4 YEARS LATER).
What did it have that its orignial didn't? Hmm...An Ethernet Port? Wow...like anybody really played PS2 online...I don't think many ppl even knew that it was online.

What does the new 360 have?
Hmm...100GB more space (120GB)
HDMI (Lemmings claimed it wasn't neccessary and that it sucks, but now its great yay)
Smaller CPU (Less overheating, less noise)
Quiter Drive (No More Jet Engine sounds...hopefully)

So is that a major upgrade? YES. Was the PS2-PSTwo or Slim ? Not really, it was an upgrade, but it had nothing that you could get with the original, like the HDMI for the 360, or the Quiter Drive.

TLHBO.
Has this been confirmed?Do you have a link?
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Cows are reeeaaalllyyy reaching for ownage on this one. I can play any Xbox 360 game that is ever going to come out on the 360 I bought and the only thing I need is nothing. I want the bigger harddrive and I will buy that if its sold seperatly. There are only two ways this would have been ownage. 1, if this new 360 played games I can't ever play. 2. if this new 360 costed as much as I paid for mine, but with all the feature. Otherwise this is a supped up newer model, but not needed by anyone who wants or enjoys 360 games.

Its just not needed therefore zero ownage exists here. Come on, cows. At least bring up something a lemming would have to have to play games, and not stuff you can choose if you want or not:roll:

/thread

Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts
How does this hurt the lemmings, more options the better.
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts

Give it a rest already. Even if it's released, a larger HDD is bound to show up eventually. The 360 owners who need it can just upgrade. It wouldn't cost them any more money than buying this thing right from the start.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

GoldenEye005

You are absolutely right.  The Sony fans have just been so beaten down they look for anything to make themselves feel good.  I have two 360s and I think it's freakin' awesome!  First...  I'll get to buy a new HDD.  I love upgrading...  just like I do to my PC!

My 360s will do EXACTLY what I thought they would do when I bought them.  Play games.  They will always play every single 360 game that comes out for the 360.

Every product in the world gets upgraded.  Why do Sony fans think game consoles are the only things that shouldn't?  Heck... the PS2 got numerous upgrades.

I paid close to $30,000 for my car...  Guess what?  One year later a new and better model came out.  If I were going to be upset...  you think I'd be upset about that...  not about a $400 console that still does everything I ever expected it to do.  Actually, the 360 does quite a bit more than I expected.  I didn't know I'd be able to download TV shows, Movies, or hook up IPTV when I bought them.

30,000 for a new car get you a car were the value wont go down as much (BMW) you will save you some money.

I can already tell you've never purchased a car. The second you buy a new car, it is worth less money. Drive the thing for a few weeks and it will take a hit by the thousands.

Cars are one of the worst investments a person can make.

ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
Its funny that it was Kray Ken who sad that the Ps3 will be uprgadeable like a pc and that they will keep releasing newer more powerful versions of the PS3. Now cows wanna try claim ownage, because a iptv friendly 360 is coming out. I will admit that the PS3 has the 360 beat in the switchable hdd. If Microsoft could have that sorted then Ps3 really wouldnt have an edge in storage space.
Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#160 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts
Wow, is that confirmed?  If so, I'm really ticked that I'm stuck with only 20GB and that stupid overheating piece of junk.
eggwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 eggwaffle
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
Yeah I know M$ are idiots, they'll fail again this gen.  Who do they think they are Sony?  They still haven't learned, rather than put there resources into creating better games, they make a new system.Cause Sony is lurking with a strong lineup of games in the coming months.   Goku004
wot do u meean: "who do you think they are sony?". if i was any company i wud try to be as different as possible than that george forman grill making company and i dont think they are copying them in anyway.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

How does this hurt the lemmings, more options the better.justforlotr2004

Yeah, But  why is it that I am now stuck with 20Gb for $400 now there 120Gb , HDMI for a mere $80 Extra???

More features are better Yea, But it really shows that the 360 wasn't a well Planned console.

Sony Put everything is each of there PS3's. HDD standard Blue-ray Standard

With 360 its Hd DVD separately, Wi-fi separately, HDD not standard, wireless controller not standard

you can begin to see that not all 360 owners enjoy the same benefits, thats the sad part

skelebull3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 skelebull3000
Member since 2004 • 2724 Posts

I feel as owned as you feel owned by this. http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/slimmer-ps3-on-the-way-237228.php

Absolutely Nothing, that's how owned I feel.

FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
how is this lemming ownage? you would rather they released a crappier upgrade? you sir are an idiot.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#165 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

WTF?  3 Different Packages in what...1 year and 3-4 months.

I mean 2 is pushing it, but 3?  Come on whats next?  An XBOX 360 with a 1TB HDD and an HD-DVD drive built in...Coming Winter 2007?

This is such BS.  Releasing a package much much better then its current a little over a year after the original?

Look at Sony (cause I know ppl are going to bring this up) PS2.

The original one came out in 2000-01.  Then 4 (longer then the XBOX life) year's later, they released a slimmer one. (4 YEARS LATER).
What did it have that its orignial didn't?  Hmm...An Ethernet Port?  Wow...like anybody really played PS2 online...I don't think many ppl even knew that it was online.

What does the new 360 have?
Hmm...100GB more space (120GB)
HDMI (Lemmings claimed it wasn't neccessary and that it sucks, but now its great yay)
Smaller CPU (Less overheating, less noise)
Quiter Drive (No More Jet Engine sounds...hopefully)

So is that a major upgrade?  YES. Was the PS2-PSTwo or Slim ? Not really, it was an upgrade, but it had nothing that you could get with the original, like the HDMI for the 360, or the Quiter Drive. 

TLHBO.

TCHBO

Slimmer PS3, in what? 3 months

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/slimmer-ps3-on-the-way-237228.php

TCHBO. $2500 PS3

http://crunchgear.com/2006/12/22/2500-ps3-coming/