TLHBO, New 360 Bigger and Better!!!

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.KeyWii
you must not have been reading this thread from the start.
Big_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#102 Big_Greg
Member since 2003 • 7354 Posts

So what will happen to the cows when sony releases the slimmer version of the PS3?air0123

The same thing that happened when the slimmer version of the ps2 came out.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
What would you do with all that space though?JaM3z90
Seems excessive. If you want to use the IPTV you probably need it though. Still, if I bought an old 360 I would be steamed.
JackBurton28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 JackBurton28
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
So what will happen to the cows when sony releases the slimmer version of the PS3?air0123

Already done.....

JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
Does anyone know if the rumored Black X360 has Wi-Fi built in?reilo
Good question. If they don't include Wi-Fi that would be stupid. If you're gonna upgrade the console, I'd hope built in Wi-Fi would be a priority.
MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MattBrian
Member since 2004 • 625 Posts

[QUOTE="air0123"]So what will happen to the cows when sony releases the slimmer version of the PS3?Big_Greg

The same thing that happened when the slimmer version of the ps2 came out.

and that was nothing
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
[QUOTE="JaM3z90"]What would you do with all that space though?KeyWii
Seems excessive. If you want to use the IPTV you probably need it though. Still, if I bought an old 360 I would be steamed.

Why? Would you really need HDMI and all that extra space that you'll never use?
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.jxditu
you must not have been reading this thread from the start.

Please, what damage control do you have to offer? 3 different versions of a console is overkill. Thats doing your current owners and future consumers a huge disservice.
flipknoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 flipknoc
Member since 2004 • 418 Posts

from 20gb to 120gb? :(

Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.KeyWii

Please, what damage control do you have to offer? 3 different versions of a console is overkill. Thats doing your current owners and future consumers a huge disservice.

And Sony will do the same thing. They're already working on a new PS3. And Microsoft will likely cancel the core version IF this is even true...
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 jxditu
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.KeyWii

LOL like sony isnt going to release a slimmer ps3 and a media center ps3 which will cost over a grand. the links for that are in this thread, i will not do anymore research for cows. self owned
JackBurton28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 JackBurton28
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="JaM3z90"]What would you do with all that space though?Baird-06

Why? Do you really need HDMI and all that extra space that you'll never use?

HDMI opens up options of more connections to maximize the HD inputs on TV's without swtiching. When you have say a DVD player, Wii, 360, and cable box all hooked up you can run out of VGA slots and never use the HDMI.
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts

No damage control, and your 100% WRONG. MS overs many choices so the consumer wants to decide which version suits there need.

What if Apple said "ok were going to release only the 60Gb version" wouldnt you be like i dont want that much space. Just like Apple and MS, they both release several versions of the same product so that consumers can decide which SKU fits there needs.

Apple improved there product and offerd many choices, MS does the same thing and its OMG your screwed. Most smart early adopters know there will be improvements to there products. I could say same thing about early DVD adopters, i dont see them complaining when a fast disk drive model or new feature on the player came out.

And its not like MS is charging the same price for the SKU, its a better model its more money. ITs like comparing the 30GB i-pod to the 60G i-pod u get what u pay for.

This is excatly why you people are not in charge of anything. Because apparently releasing a better version of somthing is bad.

Cow logic it never stops amazing me.
Big_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Big_Greg

[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.vistamanV5

No damage control, and your 100% WRONG. MS overs many choices so the consumer wants to decide which version suits there need.

What if Apple said "ok were going to release only the 60Gb version" wouldnt you be like i dont want that much space. Just like Apple and MS, they both release several versions of the same product so that consumers can decide which SKU fits there needs.

Apple improved there product and offerd many choices, MS does the same thing and its OMG your screwed. Most smart early adopters know there will be improvements to there products. I could say same thing about early DVD adopters, i dont see them complaining when a fast disk drive model or new feature on the player came out.

And its not like MS is charging the same price for the SKU, its a better model its more money. ITs like comparing the 30GB i-pod to the 60G i-pod u get what u pay for.

This is excatly why you people are not in charge of anything. Because apparently releasing a better version of somthing is bad.

How often do ipods get updated? Not as often as MS updates their consoles I can say that much.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 vistamanV5

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.Big_Greg

How often do ipods get updated? Not as often as MS updates their consoles I can say that much.

I-pod comes out with a new version every year, and offers 6 versions of the i-pod. This the first time has come out with a major revision of a console so you fail.
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jxditu

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.Big_Greg

http://playlistmag.com/features/2006/10/ipodtimeline/index.php
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 -GeordiLaForge-

Big_Greg
:| There are atleast 25 different version of mp3 ipods...
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 vistamanV5
[QUOTE="Big_Greg"]

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.jxditu

Massive insane owage.
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts
The title of this thread is "TLHBO, New 360 Bigger and Better!!! " /thread
Big_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Big_Greg
[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="Big_Greg"]

[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]What the hell. Microsoft has just screwed over their entire 10 million user base.vistamanV5

Massive insane owage.

Ok I admit ownage.

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

[QUOTE="gmastersexay"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.heretrix

How are cows owned? They dont have to buy a brand new console if they want HDMI. It was in the PS3 from the begining. If lemmings want HDMI and they already have a 360, they have to fork over another 500ish dollars.

I don't want HDMI. People who brag about having HDMI make me laugh because all you are bragging about is DRM...There is very little difference if any in visual quality between HDMI and component. But what HDMI has that component doesn't aside from audio, is DRM built right into the cable....So basically you can have it.

LOL! DRM is located on the source (disc) it is not "built into the cable". DRM only effects movies not games.

Educate yourself. Without the HDMI cable connecting to the hardware the DRM isn't possible.

http://www.boingboing.net/2006/05/23/hdmi_the_manchurian_.html

The cable makes it happen. It's a digital cable configured to be ICT compliant. The DRM is in the cable and the devices it is connected to. The copy protection on the disk is completely different and apparently useless since it's been cracked already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Read the article again. ICT will be put on movie software when needed. In order to pass the token YOU WILL NEED HDMI. ICT is not built into the cable it only passes it. ICT is software. Show me how software can be "built" into a cable. Right now movies don't even use ICT. If they did, every Xbox 360 HD-DVD owner would be screwed since component/vga cannot pass the token. Also ICT was not cracked either since it has not been implented on anything. And again games would not be effected.

vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 vistamanV5
[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="Big_Greg"]

Massive insane owage.

Ok I admit ownage.

Unlike some people im glad you can admit it.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#124 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]So what you are saying is that once this thing hits, lemmings are going to use this sku as a comparison going forward. 120 gigs sounds pretty nice to me, what is that, twice of what's on the PS3? I can feel it coming already.

The PS3 is compatible with a slew of SATA drives, but the highest 360 drive will still remain 120 GB.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#125 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

How much is the new one supposed to retail at....or has it not been announced?
 white_sox

I heard rumours that it would be $500-$600 

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

[QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.AvatarAko

How are cows owned? They dont have to buy a brand new console if they want HDMI. It was in the PS3 from the begining. If lemmings want HDMI and they already have a 360, they have to fork over another 500ish dollars.

first off i think the 360 doesnt need hdmi. i use the vga adapter and get 1080p on my monitor so no its not needed. cows have been owned because this would give the 360 more space than both the ps3 sku's at a cheaper price, we already know the 360 plays most games that are out now better than the ps3, and if this rumor proves to be true its just in time for IPTV which would be great on a 360 with a 20 gig hd, and even better on a 120 gig. so like i said cows are owned because you still get a better gaming machine with more HD space and more features for less than the cheapest ps3 sku

Its kind of funny. IPTV will cost extra too. I mean look at it: You pay $50/ year to play games Buh buh buh the Video Marketplace....yeah you PAY to download movies and shows...not free either (your paying for Live just to see what else you can buy) buh buh buh IPTV (that's going to cost monthley too) PSN>>>XBL

Wow.  You have no understanding of anything.

Downloading movies is a substitute for renting movies.  Can you rent movies for free ANYWHERE?

IPTV is a substitute (or addition) to Cable TV and Satellite TV.  Can you get those for free anywhere?

Get a grip.  Services cost money.  If Sony ever offers those services, they will cost money as well.  You think Studios are going to give away their movies for free?

Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
We have the technology to rebuild it.. Faster, stronger and better!
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts

[QUOTE="white_sox"]How much is the new one supposed to retail at....or has it not been announced?
 munu9

I heard rumours that it would be $500-$600 

You heard wrong.
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 -GeordiLaForge-
[QUOTE="lilrush"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]So what you are saying is that once this thing hits, lemmings are going to use this sku as a comparison going forward. 120 gigs sounds pretty nice to me, what is that, twice of what's on the PS3? I can feel it coming already.

The PS3 is compatible with a slew of SATA drives, but the highest 360 drive will still remain 120 GB.

And the first XBox was compatible with all IDE harddrives....
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#130 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts
When you're desperate, you'll do anything to keep the #1 spot. XenoNinja

I think you're confused, this wasn't a thread about Sony...
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#131 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
two words that all of you should know by now....EXTENDED WARRANTY I have 2 years coverage between MS and gamestop....I see no ownage here :|
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Mystikef

[QUOTE="JaM3z90"]What would you do with all that space though?KeyWii

Why?  Just upgrade the HDD.  It's really the only thing you'd need.

Every product in the world gets upgraded.  The PS2 got upgraded a number of times.  Cell phones get upgraded about every 6 months.  Every model of car gets upgraded yearly.  All appliances get yearly upgrades. New models of TVs come out monthly.  Why should consoles stay the same for five years?  Or even two years?  As long as the product can still do everything you paid for it to do...  it should be fine.  If you want the newer features...  you buy a new one.  Just like EVERY OTHER PRODUCT IN THE WORLD!

Hell, I upgrade my car every two or three years and it is 100 times as expensive as a 360.

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts
WTF? 3 Different Packages in what...1 year and 3-4 months.

I mean 2 is pushing it, but 3? Come on whats next? An XBOX 360 with a 1TB HDD and an HD-DVD drive built in...Coming Winter 2007?

This is such BS. Releasing a package much much better then its current a little over a year after the original?

Look at Sony (cause I know ppl are going to bring this up) PS2.

The original one came out in 2000-01. Then 4 (longer then the XBOX life) year's later, they released a slimmer one. (4 YEARS LATER).
What did it have that its orignial didn't? Hmm...An Ethernet Port? Wow...like anybody really played PS2 online...I don't think many ppl even knew that it was online.

What does the new 360 have?
Hmm...100GB more space (120GB)
HDMI (Lemmings claimed it wasn't neccessary and that it sucks, but now its great yay)
Smaller CPU (Less overheating, less noise)
Quiter Drive (No More Jet Engine sounds...hopefully)

So is that a major upgrade? YES. Was the PS2-PSTwo or Slim ? Not really, it was an upgrade, but it had nothing that you could get with the original, like the HDMI for the 360, or the Quiter Drive.

TLHBO.

included hdmi
and for the same price, thats all
if it was sony they would sell it in 800$
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts

TLHBO? That's funny because your ownage is weak to none. If anything a bigger and better 360 means it's x times better than the PS3.

Shad0ki11
Does it come with a HD-DVD player?
GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GoldenEye005
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts

"Wow you get what you pay for". So I guess since PS3 is 600 and the new box is  what 480 your logic implies PS3 is better which it is by the way.

Thank You

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.Mystikef

first off i think the 360 doesnt need hdmi. i use the vga adapter and get 1080p on my monitor so no its not needed. cows have been owned because this would give the 360 more space than both the ps3 sku's at a cheaper price, we already know the 360 plays most games that are out now better than the ps3, and if this rumor proves to be true its just in time for IPTV which would be great on a 360 with a 20 gig hd, and even better on a 120 gig. so like i said cows are owned because you still get a better gaming machine with more HD space and more features for less than the cheapest ps3 sku

Its kind of funny. IPTV will cost extra too. I mean look at it: You pay $50/ year to play games Buh buh buh the Video Marketplace....yeah you PAY to download movies and shows...not free either (your paying for Live just to see what else you can buy) buh buh buh IPTV (that's going to cost monthley too) PSN>>>XBL

Wow. You have no understanding of anything.

Downloading movies is a substitute for renting movies. Can you rent movies for free ANYWHERE?

IPTV is a substitute (or addition) to Cable TV and Satellite TV. Can you get those for free anywhere?

Get a grip. Services cost money. If Sony ever offers those services, they will cost money as well. You think Studios are going to give away their movies for free?

Yes- we call them public libraries.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Mystikef
[QUOTE="Mystikef"]

[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="jxditu"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.Vampyronight

Wow. You have no understanding of anything.

Downloading movies is a substitute for renting movies. Can you rent movies for free ANYWHERE?

IPTV is a substitute (or addition) to Cable TV and Satellite TV. Can you get those for free anywhere?

Get a grip. Services cost money. If Sony ever offers those services, they will cost money as well. You think Studios are going to give away their movies for free?

Yes- we call them public libraries.

Yeah.  Public libraries have such large and modern DVD libraries.  That's why Blockbuster, NetFlix, and DirecTV went out of business...  oh wait...  they didn't!

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
WTF?  3 Different Packages in what...1 year and 3-4 months.

I mean 2 is pushing it, but 3?  Come on whats next?  An XBOX 360 with a 1TB HDD and an HD-DVD drive built in...Coming Winter 2007?

This is such BS.  Releasing a package much much better then its current a little over a year after the original?

Look at Sony (cause I know ppl are going to bring this up) PS2.

The original one came out in 2000-01.  Then 4 (longer then the XBOX life) year's later, they released a slimmer one. (4 YEARS LATER).
What did it have that its orignial didn't?  Hmm...An Ethernet Port?  Wow...like anybody really played PS2 online...I don't think many ppl even knew that it was online.

What does the new 360 have?
Hmm...100GB more space (120GB)
HDMI (Lemmings claimed it wasn't neccessary and that it sucks, but now its great yay)
Smaller CPU (Less overheating, less noise)
Quiter Drive (No More Jet Engine sounds...hopefully)

So is that a major upgrade?  YES. Was the PS2-PSTwo or Slim ? Not really, it was an upgrade, but it had nothing that you could get with the original, like the HDMI for the 360, or the Quiter Drive. 

TLHBO.

one TB (terabyte) is 1000GB
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts

this isnt lemming ownage. THIS IS PRE-EMPTIVE COW DAMAGE CONTROL.

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY, is any shape or form that anyone but the cows can be owned by this. future 360 owners (ie, those who havent bought one yet) will get a better 360 and cheaper than the PS3. it will even have HDMI which is kind of ironic. (and still you dont need it for 1080p. they just put it in as an added feature) and you will be able to buy the hardrive for your old xbox 360. nobody gets screwed. nobody has, nobody will. learn the deffinition of screwed, and learn to tell the difference between IT and no choice but to buy it.

once again, this isnt lemming ownage. THIS IS PRE-EMPTIVE COW DAMAGE CONTROL.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY, is any shape or form that anyone but the cows can be owned by this. future 360 owners (ie, those who havent bought one yet) will get a better 360 and cheaper than the PS3. it will even have HDMI which is kind of ironic. (and still you dont need it for 1080p. they just put it in as an added feature) and you will be able to buy the hardrive for your old xbox 360. nobody gets screwed. nobody has, nobody will. learn the deffinition of screwed, and learn to tell the difference between IT and no choice but to buy it.

A-LEGEND
How do you know I can buy the hardrive for my soon to be old 360?
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Mystikef

A-LEGEND

You are absolutely right.  The Sony fans have just been so beaten down they look for anything to make themselves feel good.  I have two 360s and I think it's freakin' awesome!  First...  I'll get to buy a new HDD.  I love upgrading...  just like I do to my PC!

My 360s will do EXACTLY what I thought they would do when I bought them.  Play games.  They will always play every single 360 game that comes out for the 360.

Every product in the world gets upgraded.  Why do Sony fans think game consoles are the only things that shouldn't?  Heck... the PS2 got numerous upgrades.

I paid close to $30,000 for my car...  Guess what?  One year later a new and better model came out.  If I were going to be upset...  you think I'd be upset about that...  not about a $400 console that still does everything I ever expected it to do.  Actually, the 360 does quite a bit more than I expected.  I didn't know I'd be able to download TV shows, Movies, or hook up IPTV when I bought them.

GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 GoldenEye005

A-LEGEND

How did you figure that out? You dont know what it has you can get a PS3 with Blu-Ray for 20 bucks more. Than the new box $480

-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 -GeordiLaForge-
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

GoldenEye005

How did you figure that out? You dont know what it has you can get a PS3 with Blu-Ray for 20 bucks more. Than the new box $480

And where's your proof that it costs $480? Thought so...
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Mystikef
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

GoldenEye005

Yes...  if you wanted to buy a PS3.  That's not really what this thread is about.

If the PS3 ever gets a decent collection of games...  I think most gamers would eventually buy one.  But for $500 + $60...  you can get Resistance, a decent FPS.  That's pretty much it at this point.  But I think this thread is more about the getting an upgrade...  not about why the PS3 still isn't worth $500. (and yes... it probably will be worth it someday)

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 A-LEGEND

oh go cry to someone who gives a damn

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200702/N07.0216.1234.57890.htm

"you can’t keep a good rumor down. Just weeks after Microsoft stamped down talk that an HDMI-enabled Xbox 360, codenamed Zephyr, was in the works, the rumors are back. Retailers have confirmed that the new SKU is in their systems, set for a May 1 release for $479.99. In addition to the new video interface, the system would also pack a 120 GB hard drive into its nifty black exterior. Microsoft won’t officially confirm that such a configuration exists, but it’s interesting that so many retailers are wrong in the same way…"

and for your answer of "how do oyu know the new hardrive will fit on the old 360". my answer would be, dont be stupid.

GoldenEye005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 GoldenEye005
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

Mystikef

You are absolutely right.  The Sony fans have just been so beaten down they look for anything to make themselves feel good.  I have two 360s and I think it's freakin' awesome!  First...  I'll get to buy a new HDD.  I love upgrading...  just like I do to my PC!

My 360s will do EXACTLY what I thought they would do when I bought them.  Play games.  They will always play every single 360 game that comes out for the 360.

Every product in the world gets upgraded.  Why do Sony fans think game consoles are the only things that shouldn't?  Heck... the PS2 got numerous upgrades.

I paid close to $30,000 for my car...  Guess what?  One year later a new and better model came out.  If I were going to be upset...  you think I'd be upset about that...  not about a $400 console that still does everything I ever expected it to do.  Actually, the 360 does quite a bit more than I expected.  I didn't know I'd be able to download TV shows, Movies, or hook up IPTV when I bought them.

30,000 for a new car get you a car were the value wont go down as much (BMW) you will save you some money.

And were not upset its that we actually bought a machine PS3 that is future proof and it get upgraded via-patches not with a new SKU at least not till 4-5 more years.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

GoldenEye005

30,000 for a new car get you a car were the value wont go down as much (BMW) you will save you some money.

And were not upset its that we actually bought a machine PS3 that is future proof and it get upgraded via-patches not with a new SKU at least not till 4-5 more years.

the PS3 wasn ever future proof. future proof comes from online services. you will NEVER GET ANY. unless sony starts charging. IPTV is futureproofing. not bluray.

Avatar image for johnnycoolbreez
johnnycoolbreez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 johnnycoolbreez
Member since 2005 • 1105 Posts
Hang on, let me start caring first. What influence do these things have on gameplay?
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 A-LEGEND

Hang on, let me start caring first. What influence do these things have on gameplay?johnnycoolbreez

nothing. this is total stupidity. this thread is grasping at some mighty microscopic straws.

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Mystikef
[QUOTE="Mystikef"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

GoldenEye005

Actually...  a car depreciates just after you drive it off the lot.  If you put 1000 miles on a new $30,000 car...  you'll be lucky to sell it for $25,000 as it is now considered a used car. 

But what I don't understand is why people insist that video game consoles... one of the most state-of-the-art technologies... is the one thing that should not be upgraded?  It makes ZERO sense.  Cell phones get new models every 6 months...  TVs..  about every 6 months...  PCs are considered very old after three years. Every piece of technology in the world gets an upgrade at least yearly...  why should consoles stay old?  As long as the original 360s still play every other 360 game....  who cares if new adopters can get extra featrues?  That is the same as every other product EVER.  What did I get by buying an older model?  A year and a half of great gaming!  Do you think I would give that up for an HDMI port?  Hells no.  The HDD I'll upgrade for IPTV.