TLHBO, New 360 Bigger and Better!!!

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AvatarAko
Member since 2006 • 345 Posts
WTF?  3 Different Packages in what...1 year and 3-4 months.

I mean 2 is pushing it, but 3?  Come on whats next?  An XBOX 360 with a 1TB HDD and an HD-DVD drive built in...Coming Winter 2007?

This is such BS.  Releasing a package much much better then its current a little over a year after the original?

Look at Sony (cause I know ppl are going to bring this up) PS2.

The original one came out in 2000-01.  Then 4 (longer then the XBOX life) year's later, they released a slimmer one. (4 YEARS LATER).
What did it have that its orignial didn't?  Hmm...An Ethernet Port?  Wow...like anybody really played PS2 online...I don't think many ppl even knew that it was online.

What does the new 360 have?
Hmm...100GB more space (120GB)
HDMI (Lemmings claimed it wasn't neccessary and that it sucks, but now its great yay)
Smaller CPU (Less overheating, less noise)
Quiter Drive (No More Jet Engine sounds...hopefully)

So is that a major upgrade?  YES. Was the PS2-PSTwo or Slim ? Not really, it was an upgrade, but it had nothing that you could get with the original, like the HDMI for the 360, or the Quiter Drive. 

TLHBO.
Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
Yeah I know M$ are idiots, they'll fail again this gen.  Who do they think they are Sony?  They still haven't learned, rather than put there resources into creating better games, they make a new system.Cause Sony is lurking with a strong lineup of games in the coming months.   
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
How much is the new one supposed to retail at....or has it not been announced?

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
So what you are saying is that once this thing hits, lemmings are going to use this sku as a comparison going forward. 120 gigs sounds pretty nice to me, what is that, twice of what's on the PS3? I can feel it coming already.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
I am not owned. I do not mind having a 20 gig HDD and just because this rumored new 360 is a different color doesn't mean I'm gonna open my wallet up. It's not like this rumored 360 can play games the original can't. Besides, if I REALLY wanted to have a different colored 360 I could just have someone paint it for a much smaller fee. That being said, I could actually get multiple colors and designs. I'm sure that there would be a seprately sold 120 gig XBOX 360 HDD out too if this new 360 was released.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Dont forget that this makes 360 - $479.99 .... thats a $80 price rise ...
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts
white_sox
The new model hasn't even been announced, but the rumored model is rumored to retail for $479. It's currently all speculation.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

TLHBO? That's funny because your ownage is weak to none. If anything a bigger and better 360 means it's x times better than the PS3.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
white_sox

$479 supposedly, but all this talk is still in the rumour stage.
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
When you're desperate, you'll do anything to keep the #1 spot. 
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
IF this happens, then yes, I, a 360 owner, will have been owned:(
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
That's funny, I read that Zehpyr is the codename for the 65nm Xenon, not a new 360. And if it is true, then I'm glad to see that new 360 owners will get a bigger harddrive and HDMI....
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattbbpl

TLHBO? That's funny because your ownage is weak to none. If anything a bigger and better 360 means it's x times more powerful than the PS3.

Shad0ki11
The power will remain unchanged as it must retain software compatibility with the older SKUs.
Goku004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Goku004
Member since 2006 • 754 Posts
 white_sox
Roughly $500
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
What did it have that its orignial didn't? Hmm...An Ethernet Port? Wow...like anybody really played PS2 online..AvatarAko
And it actually played dvd's in dvd quality, which the PS2 couldn't do....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AvatarAko

TLHBO? That's funny because your ownage is weak to none. If anything a bigger and better 360 means it's x times more powerful than the PS3.

Shad0ki11
Do you think the average consumer will know what the Zephyr or New360 is? He's gonna walk and and be like hey didn't they release a new xbox just last year...a new wth? This will just spark confusion, and even more confusion because of the price increase. And TLHBO because they kept on claiming that HDMI and more HDD space isn't required and that MS wouldn't screw the early adopters...serves them right. The Early adopters, and the people that got a 360 for X-mAs have been owned
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Do you think the average consumer will know what the Zephyr or New360 is? He's gonna walk and and be like hey didn't they release a new xbox just last year...a new wth? This will just spark confusion, and even more confusion because of the price increase. And TLHBO because they kept on claiming that HDMI and more HDD space isn't required and that MS wouldn't screw the early adopters...serves them right. The Early adopters, and the people that got a 360 for X-mAs have been owned

You do realize that this is still a rumour right?
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
It will just piss me off if MS does this.I got my 360 a couple months before christmas and this is just like a kick in the balls. Thats why I like the PS3, it had HDMI included from the beginging. My TV doesnt support 1080p through componant and I really dont feel like spending 150$ for an adapter that changes vga to hdmi.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Alright

Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Yes because we are all forced to go out and buy the new 360 because we need the extra space and the HDMI... Riiight... :?

And it's really funny when you're trying to claim ownage over that with things like this and this.
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts
No, the fact that they might be coming out what a larger harddrive is great. You do know that I could just buy the harddrive on attach it to my "OUTDATED" xbox360, and play the same games that the "NEW" 360 can play.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
[QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

Yes, you seem to don't know much about the average consumer. They do notice this changes specially when it's there in the store with a different color saying it has HDMI (even if they don't know what it is) and bigger HDD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AvatarAko
[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

DA_B0MB

Its going to happen. Just like AC and Oblivion were bound to be on 360 and PS3. The sources just keep popping up.
Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts
PS2 slim wasn't a big upgrade, but the PSX was.
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Not only have the lemmings been owned. People like me have been owned just the same.

Now what am I going to do with this piece of junk last gen 360 when the new better next-gen 360 comes out?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AvatarAko
No, the fact that they might be coming out what a larger harddrive is great. You do know that I could just buy the harddrive on attach it to my "OUTDATED" xbox360, and play the same games that the "NEW" 360 can play.treyskillz
If a 20GB HDD costs $100 how much do you think a $120GB will cost? $600? $500? Probably $200. If you look at it in the long run, you'll end up paying over $1,000 to get the XBOX 360 MS wanted to create.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Baird-06

Not only have the lemmings been owned. People like me have been owned just the same.

Now what am I going to do with this piece of junk last gen 360 when the new better next-gen 360 comes out?

Cedmln
They play the same games. :|
(unless you are being sarcastic, I can't tell...)
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts
[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="Shad0ki11"]

DA_B0MB

You do realize that the HD-DVD add on and Zune rumors started the same way?
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattbbpl
[QUOTE="treyskillz"]No, the fact that they might be coming out what a larger harddrive is great. You do know that I could just buy the harddrive on attach it to my "OUTDATED" xbox360, and play the same games that the "NEW" 360 can play.AvatarAko
If a 20GB HDD costs $100 how much do you think a $120GB will cost? $600? $500? Probably $200. If you look at it in the long run, you'll end up paying over $1,000 to get the XBOX 360 MS wanted to create.

I see the 120GB retailing for $100 and the 20GB being phased out. A 20GB hard drive and a 120GB hard drive cost virtually the same to manufacture, and it would cost MS too much money to keep 2 hard drive SKUs in production when economies of scale could be gained by phasing the lesser out. Once again, this is assuming that this rumor turns out to be true.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Baird-06
[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="treyskillz"]No, the fact that they might be coming out what a larger harddrive is great. You do know that I could just buy the harddrive on attach it to my "OUTDATED" xbox360, and play the same games that the "NEW" 360 can play.mattbbpl

I see the 120GB retailing for $100 and the 20GB being phased out. A 20GB hard drive and a 120GB hard drive cost virtually the same to manufacture, and it would cost MS too much money to keep 2 hard drive SKUs in production when economies of scale could be gained by phasing the lesser out. Once again, this is assuming that this rumor turns out to be true.

I think I remember hearing talks of MS lowering the price of the 20GB HDDs. Not sure though...
Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
[QUOTE="Cedmln"]

Baird-06

They play the same games. :|
(unless you are being sarcastic, I can't tell...)

Yes the last coment was sarcastic. BUt still. I will be owned for buying the inferior one. :(

reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 reilo
Member since 2004 • 1131 Posts
Does anyone know if the rumored Black X360 has Wi-Fi built in?
treyskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 treyskillz
Member since 2006 • 1576 Posts

[QUOTE="treyskillz"]No, the fact that they might be coming out what a larger harddrive is great. You do know that I could just buy the harddrive on attach it to my "OUTDATED" xbox360, and play the same games that the "NEW" 360 can play.AvatarAko

The Harddrive won't cost as much as the system.

I'd sell my harddrive to buy the new one. (I have a memory card, don't worry)

Friend works at bestbuy (discount)

last time I checked $300 + $200 = $600 ( Yes, I got core, then got a HDD)

ChevelleFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 ChevelleFan
Member since 2004 • 1783 Posts

Dont forget that this makes 360 - $479.99 .... thats a $80 price rise ... choasgod

Thats less than a days wages for most people. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AvatarAko

[QUOTE="AvatarAko"][QUOTE="treyskillz"]No, the fact that they might be coming out what a larger harddrive is great. You do know that I could just buy the harddrive on attach it to my "OUTDATED" xbox360, and play the same games that the "NEW" 360 can play.treyskillz

The Harddrive won't cost as much as the system.

I'd sell my harddrive to buy the new one. (I have a memory card, don't worry)

Friend works at bestbuy (discount)

last time I checked $300 + $200 = $600 ( Yes, I got core, then got a HDD)

your the only one :)
reilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 reilo
Member since 2004 • 1131 Posts

[QUOTE="choasgod"]Dont forget that this makes 360 - $479.99 .... thats a $80 price rise ... ChevelleFan

No it's not... Minimum wage is around $7.25 (could be lower). Work 8 hours, and that comes to $58 BEFORE taxes.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Yes because that just killed the DS. What an even better version? That's terrible...God forbid a company improve their product when it becomes economically feasable...That's just ripping people off even though the version they bought will still continue to work with all upcoming games...:|

This is beyond silly. This kind of stuff happens all the time. Ipods are one of the most popular electronic devices ever and they make new ones almost every year.Does it suck? Yes....Especially if you just bought one...But nobody's forcing you to buy it and your old Ipod will continue to play your music...

You aren't forced to buy the new 360 and your games will continue to work. MS doesn't owe anybody anymore than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AvatarAko
[QUOTE="ChevelleFan"]

[QUOTE="choasgod"]Dont forget that this makes 360 - $479.99 .... thats a $80 price rise ... reilo

No it's not... Minimum wage is around $7.25 (could be lower). Work 8 hours, and that comes to $58 BEFORE taxes.

Its $5.15 over here so you'll get like $40 if you work at hours.....with taxes its like $35ish....Work More HOURS Lemmings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AvatarAko

Yes because that just killed the DS. What an even better version? That's terrible...God forbid a company improve their product when it becomes economically feasable...That's just ripping people off even though the version they bought will still continue to work with all upcoming games...:|

This is beyond silly. This kind of stuff happens all the time. Ipods are one of the most popular electronic devices ever and they make new ones almost every year.Does it suck? Yes....Especially if you just bought one...But nobody's forcing you to buy it and your old Ipod will continue to play your music...

You aren't forced to buy the new 360 and your games will continue to work. MS doesn't owe anybody anymore than that.

heretrix
WHAT DID THE NEW DS HAVE THAT THE OLD ONE DIDN"T?
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

I don't understand how improving a great system is a bad thing for anyone?

Every product on the planet gets improved.  The two Xbox 360s I own will be just as fun as they ever were and I still got exactly what I expected when I bought them...  except now I'll be able to upfgrade the HDD.  That's sweet in my book.  If there are enough upgrades that I want...  I'll buy a new 360.

I buy a new car every couple years and no matter what model I buy it gets upgraded in a year...  and my car is a hell of lot more expensive than my 360.

Some of you are so mixed up in this world.  This is good news for all.  It's just that it is better news for those that don't have a 360 yet.  Expect a price drop on the older model...  which is even better news again.

MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MattBrian
Member since 2004 • 625 Posts
lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.jxditu

$399+$479=$878  and still  no hd-dvd

ps3=$599

you sir self-owned yourself
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattbbpl

Yes because that just killed the DS. What an even better version? That's terrible...God forbid a company improve their product when it becomes economically feasable...That's just ripping people off even though the version they bought will still continue to work with all upcoming games...:|

heretrix
Agreed. There were at least two versions of the NES even. And how many versions of the PS1 and PS2 were there? Not to mention the PSX. Nor is this kind of thing limited to the console industry, as you stated in your post. This isn't new and in no way are the 360s that were previously purchased going to give any less enjoyment than the purchasers expected them to. They will retain their same functionality and play the same games the new ones do.
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.jxditu

How are cows owned? They dont have to buy a brand new console if they want HDMI. It was in the PS3 from the begining. If lemmings want HDMI and they already have a 360, they have to fork over another 500ish dollars.
MattBrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MattBrian
Member since 2004 • 625 Posts

Every product on the planet gets improved. The two Xbox 360s I own will be just as fun as they ever were and I still got exactly what I expected when I bought them... except now I'll be able to upfgrade the HDD. That's sweet in my book. If there are enough upgrades that I want... I'll buy a new 360.

I buy a new car every couple years and no matter what model I buy it gets upgraded in a year... and my car is a hell of lot more expensive than my 360.

Some of you are so mixed up in this world. This is good news for all. It's just that it is better news for those that don't have a 360 yet. Expect a price drop on the older model... which is even better news again.

Mystikef

got that spare in case one sets fire huh?:lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AvatarAko

Every product on the planet gets improved. The two Xbox 360s I own will be just as fun as they ever were and I still got exactly what I expected when I bought them... except now I'll be able to upfgrade the HDD. That's sweet in my book. If there are enough upgrades that I want... I'll buy a new 360.

I buy a new car every couple years and no matter what model I buy it gets upgraded in a year... and my car is a hell of lot more expensive than my 360.

Some of you are so mixed up in this world. This is good news for all. It's just that it is better news for those that don't have a 360 yet. Expect a price drop on the older model... which is even better news again.

Mystikef
ACTUALLY don't expect a price drop. Zephyr will be almost $500 so...
jxditu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jxditu
Member since 2005 • 718 Posts
[QUOTE="jxditu"]lol if anyone has been owned in this thread it would be the cows. think about it, a new 360 with a bigger harddrive than both modle ps3, still costs less than both ps3, and has hdmi. while i dont know if this rumor is true, i dont think it would be a bad thing if it was. no one is forcing anyone to buy it. and you dont need it to play xbox 360 games.MattBrian

$399+$479=$878  and still  no hd-dvd

ps3=$599

you sir self-owned yourself

LOL so in order for me to buy this new rumor model i have to pay 400 bucks and then 479, when if this proves to be true i could just goto the store if i wanted to and buy this new one for 479, which in my book is still cheaper than 500 and 600 without tax. hd dvd is not needed to play games. YOU SIR JUST OWNED YOURSELF AND NEED MORE SCHOOLING.
yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yuna707
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystikef"]

MattBrian

got that spare in case one sets fire huh?:lol:

Hey hey better than flaming sony batteries *cough* dell...
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
All of this is rumor now. I understand that rumors often come true, but there is often a few unknowns. There's no ownage until official announcements. Regardless, I would have purchased a 360 on day 1 anyways. I would never have waited for trivial improvements 2 years later.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

WHAT DID THE NEW DS HAVE THAT THE OLD ONE DIDN"T?

longer thicker sylus
smaller
lighter
sleeker
longer battery life
Better and brighter screen-4different levels of brightness
power button is different

Just those things.