Titanfall | PC Vs XB1 Comparison (lol xbone)

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Even? PS2 was dominating like no other console ever did. Don't think lemmings and sheep had a good time then.

Well yeah, and that's were cows got their cocky attitudes from, but it was a bit more even back then.

The PS2 had the killer library and sales, but was on the weak sauce end with graphics and multiplats. Xbox had the best graphics, by far the best online functionality and some pretty killer exclusives. Gamecube was also up there with the graphics, had the best 1st party by miles and the highest rated games. And of course hermits had all of their usual advantages. There was a balance to things.

Besides that, people really got down for their platform. There wasn't much room for manticores, you had to be on someones side. None of the factions were push overs... come to think of it, SW used to be a lot more bad ass lol

Kind of funny that most of the sheep were killed off by the Twilight Princess score.... And Doom 3, holy shit! XD That was the meltdown that made me start visiting this board regularly.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Both don't look nextgen at all and xbone is laughably comparable to PS3 graphics and that is almost 10 years old...hahaha

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

So basicly all the lems have been getting excited over PC screen shots and not X1 screen shots. Man that is just too funny.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#56 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

source engine LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sweenix:

The XB1 alphaversion has 25% of the textures the final version will have.

1 month from release and they haven't even shown how the final product will look on xbone, not even a beta. Sounds fishy, they should have the product ready by now so they can start shipping it for a march release.

Isn't there going to be a beta for Xboners and PC gamers soon? I assume we'll see higher texture then.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Comparing screenshots captured from videos from an alpha build using reduced textures...seems smart.

HEB86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 HEB86
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Even though the game is going to be fun on any of the two platforms, its sad to see the xbone version looking ugly. it seems like xbone can't get a break these days. with all the framerate and resolution stories it seems that xbone isn't worth buying.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@heb86 said:

Even though the game is going to be fun on any of the two platforms, its sad to see the xbone version looking ugly. it seems like xbone can't get a break these days. with all the framerate and resolution stories it seems that xbone isn't worth buying.

At least, that is what cows want everyone to believe...

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

1440p will make the PC version look decent. LOL @ respawn for using the sauce engine.. Smh

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Wow that looks like trash. Game is coming out next month so this is accurate.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

wait, how exactly are you comparing an alpha that was exclusive and compressed to make the download size very small (less then 4GB) to a version of the game that is probably well over 200 GBs? man cows are really sad nowadays

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

The textures of the Xbox One alpha testing of Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall caused a big hubbub within the community, as their resolution was really low. Respawn immediately clarified that the textures included in the alpha had been sized down in order to reduce the download size, which is actually a quite common practice in the industry for pre-release testing.

Is that not the reason?

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Well that's probably what you have to do when you're also aiming for a 360 release that runs at 60fps. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they say the textures in the alpha aren't representative of the textures that will be utilized in the final build?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Sweet jesus now that's a system seller! Notice the crushed blacks? This is an engine exclusive to MS which makes everything more vivid and next gen. This is what happens when a last gen title is directly ported to next gen and pretend to be a next gen title.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

LMAO, Xboned!

Still looks like shit on PC though.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#68 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@Krelian-co: its only onli e game so they can continue to work after shipping disc

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows love to judge a unfinished product. They hate on it but beg for it at the same time.

This coming from a TC that thinks Knack is good. /thread

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i see they are still using those progressive scan textures, good thing our reconnaissance service run by playstation fanboys picked up on this.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

The hate is strong with the OP. EA already said that the texture in the Alpha is 25% of the final product.

And only a true moron believe this game is on Alpha a month or so from launch.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

That looks so ragged, lmao. I can't believe they're passing this off as a flagship title.

Lmao at the Bone not handling Sakura Tree's. Dat Foliage!

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

There is no 360 alpha so this is xbone alpha.. No way tho

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

PC foliage domination continuation ?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@hoyalawya said:

The hate is strong with the OP. EA already said that the texture in the Alpha is 25% of the final product.

because you don't know hoe the industry works clearly. just because they gave us an alpha doesn't mean they are on an alpha build still. the beta is coming in 2 weeks, you think they changed form an alpha to beta in the past month? No, they used the build form E3 which was about 7 months ago to let us play it so they can stress test the servers, they also stealthy updated the version we were on 3 times during the beta using the cloud and server side patches and nobody noticed a thing except the fact bugs went away. That was the point of their test. And the fact it worked is amazing. But i wouldn't expect feeble minded cows like you to understand this.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I told you best on PC is a fact not an opinion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 tormentos

@darkangel115 said:

because you don't know hoe the industry works clearly. just because they gave us an alpha doesn't mean they are on an alpha build still. the beta is coming in 2 weeks, you think they changed form an alpha to beta in the past month? No, they used the build form E3 which was about 7 months ago to let us play it so they can stress test the servers, they also stealthy updated the version we were on 3 times during the beta using the cloud and server side patches and nobody noticed a thing except the fact bugs went away. That was the point of their test. And the fact it worked is amazing. But i wouldn't expect feeble minded cows like you to understand this.

The only moron who doesn't now how the industry work is you,no game a month or so from launch is on Alpha,hell the damn Beta of the game even landed already and is call Beta for a damn reason,this game has change nothing graphically from E3 go else where an pretend this game doesn't look like this and that they are hiding the real code it would be a blast when the final game arrive and still the game look like sh**,this is what you will get.

Already you can see the huge difference from the PC build.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#78 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@tormentos: why is that? alpha was mid jan for public. beta starts mid feb for public. beta is just fixing bugs and tweakiny stats. With it online only game they can work all the way up to the date.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

both look crap but Xbone gets the most ugly titanfall award

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I dont know why it bothers people that this board is infested with cows. I bought the console I prefer and that is the X1. Some internet anon attempting to belittle me based on his preference being different than my own is no great concern. I could buy a PS4 if I wished...and may do in the future if it evolves into a product that I think I might get some enjoyment from. At the moment it just doesnt interest me. Its boring.

Cows are still the laughing stock of SW regardless of the PS4's specifications.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By tormentos

@k2theswiss said:

@tormentos: why is that? alpha was mid jan for public. beta starts mid feb for public. beta is just fixing bugs and tweakiny stats. With it online only game they can work all the way up to the date.

There is no Alpha a more or so from launch,Alpha is a tag which is given to games on early stages of development or far from launch not a month and a half from launch,what you see if what you will get with this game the sooner you accept this the better.

You don't have to disable high quality graphics or have horrible ones to stress test servers,all the contrary the closer the game to the final shipping version the better.

@always_explicit said:

I dont know why it bothers people that this board is infested with cows. I bought the console I prefer and that is the X1. Some internet anon attempting to belittle me based on his preference being different than my own is no great concern. I could buy a PS4 if I wished...and may do in the future if it evolves into a product that I think I might get some enjoyment from. At the moment it just doesnt interest me. Its boring.

Cows are still the laughing stock of SW regardless of the PS4's specifications.

Thats the reason i don't own any of the to,but that will change for Infamous,unlike the xbox one which will hardly change my stance,over priced,weaker and with worse games.

Avatar image for unbiasedgamergs
UnbiasedGamerGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 UnbiasedGamerGS
Member since 2014 • 32 Posts

I hope the final version looks better. The Xbone looks ugly as ****. Even the PC version doesn't even look good.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Holy shit, the X1 version looks like a PS2 game.

PC version doesn't look good either. Many games looks better. Titanfall is just rubbish that's worth skipping.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Why are they using a controller on the PC version?

It' very apparently in alpha stages; it looks like a 360 game

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Year: 2005, Platform: 360, Characteristics: THE ugliest 360 title
Year: 2005, Platform: 360, Characteristics: THE ugliest 360 title
Year: 2014, Platform: Xbox One, Characteristics: LOL
Year: 2014, Platform: Xbox One, Characteristics: LOL

We should be thankful for MS to release a system like that, it adds humor to gaming :>

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#86 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

Xbox 1 is so last gen, even a gameboy advanced can do better than X1, give it to PS4 and it will look as good as the PC, but PC even better

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

This is the system-seller savior for the XB1?

Um...ok?

I've seen better looking games on the Xbox 360. In fact, the PS3 also.

Are you sure those top screens aren't X360 screens? They look way too ugly to me.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 darkangel115

@tormentos said:

@darkangel115 said:

The only moron who doesn't now how the industry work is you,no game a month or so from launch is on Alpha,hell the damn Beta of the game even landed already and is call Beta for a damn reason,this game has change nothing graphically from E3 go else where an pretend this game doesn't look like this and that they are hiding the real code it would be a blast when the final game arrive and still the game look like sh**,this is what you will get.

Already you can see the huge difference from the PC build.

except there hasn't been a PC build shown. only an alpha on xbox dev kits, and an alpha compressed on the xbox one. it hasn't had bullshots, or CGI game trailers, or beefed up BS graphics that get huge downgrades from E3. Also if i wanted the PC build I'd buy that, if i wanted (and it existed) as PS4 version I'd buy that, cause I'm not some 12 year old kid who thinks he has to pledge allegiance to a piece of plastic

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I liked this board more when graphics and sales didn't matter.

Been visiting this place on and off since 2004... I've never seen this board of which you speak. If anything, it seems like sales and graphics talk aren't quite as rampant as they used to be.

Aside from that, I agree with the rest of your post.

I have been a member since 2004 as well. System Wars was never this 1 sided. There are like 5 lems, 2 sheep and 120852439 cows here now. There is no more discussion, just trolling. I don't remember the board you speak of. There were intelligent threads every now and then. Not anymore.

It's always fluctuated man. This place was Lem haven for a good few years. It just depends on what's going on in the industry. When PS3 was the laughing stock from 06 - 09 (cocky execs, poor multiplats, losing exclusives, crazy pricing), cows were scarce and lems were everywhere. Then things evened out for a few years and so did the fanboys... then last E3 happened and lems haven't caught a break since. Sheep have been short supply since TP came out and with all the WiiU troubles...

Anyways, the board does suck more than usual now, but that's due to the poor choices that Gamespot made. They ran off a large chunk of the good posters and even some of the ones that do still come here are less active.

All that aside though, this board ALWAYS had ridiculous amounts of sales and graphics threads... so I'm still not seeing what you're getting at. :/

Yeah. It is cow heaven now. It used to be lem heaven. I miss the Xbox/PS2/GameCube days (used my other account back then), when it was even. I miss the sheep.

Even? PS2 was dominating like no other console ever did. Don't think lemmings and sheep had a good time then.

You seem to forgotr the desperation by Gamecube fans that kept making up numbers about the Xbox being ahead for 2 years straight.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@tormentos said:

@hoyalawya said:

Hmm

@tormentos said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Pretty sure that the Xbox One will still launch on the 22nd with the overclocks and the last minute Forza update

Lol, lem delusion, they don't even have commericals out yet!

Probably wrong as usual.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

This is the system-seller savior for the XB1?

Um...ok?

I've seen better looking games on the Xbox 360. In fact, the PS3 also.

Are you sure those top screens aren't X360 screens? They look way too ugly to me.

If they are taken from the X1 alpha, the textures are at 25%

Although these look like screencaps taken from a video of the alpha

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

FYI - the bottom screens are the PC version and WOULD HAVE BEEN the PS4 version too.

;)

Sorry Lems, had to toss in a departing shot. ;)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#94 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I'm gonna say one word.... Alpha.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

1st paragraph of your own link TC:

"The textures of the Xbox One alpha testing of Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall caused a big hubbub within the community, as their resolution was really low. Respawn immediately clarified that the textures included in the alpha had been sized down in order to reduce the download size, which is actually a quite common practice in the industry for pre-release testing."

Nice try TC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

It looks like this a matter of weeks before launch? I smell something's up here.

Also why isn't the PC version as downgraded if they're following the same excuse that it's for testing the servers, bug finding and balancing? You'd think the X1 could hack parity with the PC version given how dated the game is graphically.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tormentos

@Jakandsigz said:

@tormentos said:

@hoyalawya said:

Hmm

@tormentos said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Pretty sure that the Xbox One will still launch on the 22nd with the overclocks and the last minute Forza update

Probably wrong as usual.

Wait are you the same moron who make 3 different threads about the xbox one outselling the PS4 all wrong.?

Please dude you were so royally owned here that you changed your avatar...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

@darkangel115 said:

except there hasn't been a PC build shown. only an alpha on xbox dev kits, and an alpha compressed on the xbox one. it hasn't had bullshots, or CGI game trailers, or beefed up BS graphics that get huge downgrades from E3. Also if i wanted the PC build I'd buy that, if i wanted (and it existed) as PS4 version I'd buy that, cause I'm not some 12 year old kid who thinks he has to pledge allegiance to a piece of plastic

Considering that you are a moron who think games are on Alpha 1 month or so from launch,i feel some how great about your allegiance comment,after all at least i am not so dumb as you are,believing that this games graphics will change some how for launch.

Have you see the specs require for this game.?

Dual core AMD 2.8 my god dude that is a 2005 -06 CPU and one of the first 64 bit CPU,8800gt,this game isn't BF4 or Crysis 3,it runs on crappy spec and what you see if what you get,and when the game release and the graphics still look like sh** a thread will be made about i making fun of several of you...Hell i will bookmark this one..lol

@HalcyonScarlet said:

"The textures of the Xbox One alpha testing of Respawn Entertainment’s Titanfall caused a big hubbub within the community, as their resolution was really low. Respawn immediately clarified that the textures included in the alpha had been sized down in order to reduce the download size, which is actually a quite common practice in the industry for pre-release testing."

Nice try TC.

Which it a total lie i never seen such a practice on this industry and Beta games most of the time include graphics that are final or near final.

This is just damage control this game isn't demanding in any way and even 2006 GPU can run it by minimum specs.

We all know how well excuses for xbox one games hold on.

@hoosier7 said:

It looks like this a matter of weeks before launch? I smell something's up here.

Also why isn't the PC version as downgraded if they're following the same excuse that it's for testing the servers, bug finding and balancing? You'd think the X1 could hack parity with the PC version given how dated the game is graphically.

Not only that the game demands some very low specs on PC to...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@heb86 said:

At least, that is what cows want everyone to believe...

oh yeah the lower framerate and resolution is only in cows imagination, must mean every gaming site around the world is manipulated by the cow mafia amirite?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@tormentos said:

@hoyalawya said:

Hmm

@tormentos said:

@Jakandsigz said:

Probably wrong as usual.

Wait are you the same moron who make 3 different threads about the xbox one outselling the PS4 all wrong.?

Please dude you were so royally owned here that you changed your avatar...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

@darkangel115 said:

Considering that you are a moron who think games are on Alpha 1 month or so from launch,i feel some how great about your allegiance comment,after all at least i am not so dumb as you are,believing that this games graphics will change some how for launch.

Have you see the specs require for this game.?

Dual core AMD 2.8 my god dude that is a 2005 -06 CPU and one of the first 64 bit CPU,8800gt,this game isn't BF4 or Crysis 3,it runs on crappy spec and what you see if what you get,and when the game release and the graphics still look like sh** a thread will be made about i making fun of several of you...Hell i will bookmark this one..lol

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Nice try TC.

Which it a total lie i never seen such a practice on this industry and Beta games most of the time include graphics that are final or near final.

This is just damage control this game isn't demanding in any way and even 2006 GPU can run it by minimum specs.

We all know how well excuses for xbox one games hold on.

@hoosier7 said:

Not only that the game demands some very low specs on PC to...

The key words he used was 'In order to reduce download size for testing'. If people are downloading this for testing purposes and they have to download a 30GB file which seems to be common for a current gen games, that's a waste of time.

We'll see if it turns out to be true, but the chances of it being released looking like an X360 game are not high. It's not like the console is difficult to develop for, even with the ESRAM it's not dramatically more difficult than the PS4. If it does come out looking like this, it says more about the developer.

It certainly can't be because of release timetable pressure. This isn't usually the best time to release games as it is.