Tis is apperantly what Crysis 2 will look like on consoles.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

Link

Crytek said the console versions are going to be like what Crysis looked like on medium settings.

If the video is any determination of what the console versions are going to look like then I am not complaining.

Feel free to post Crysis pics on MEDIUM setting if wish, just dont post pics with very high settings and say, "B-b-b-but it should look like this."

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
All you had to do was look up the Cry Engine 3 demo and that's what Crysis 2 will look like on consoles.
ANti_RiCeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ANti_RiCeR
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

Meh, its old

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Trmpt
All you had to do was look up the Cry Engine 3 demo and that's what Crysis 2 will look like on consoles.AAllxxjjnn
I do not know why people are saying that the game is going to look terrible on consoles though, when it is actually going to look great.
raynimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 raynimrod
Member since 2005 • 6861 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]All you had to do was look up the Cry Engine 3 demo and that's what Crysis 2 will look like on consoles.Trmpt
I do not know why people are saying that the game is going to look terrible on consoles though, when it is actually going to look great.

It will look terrible, in comparisson.

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
MetroidPrimePwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 MetroidPrimePwn
Member since 2007 • 12399 Posts

This is what Crysis looks like at 1280x720 on all Medium.

Crysis-Med720p.png picture by Heavy_Metal_Jesus

It's not TERRIBLE, but it's not exactly good either...

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
crysis is low objects and textures high shaders and everthing else medium on consoles those settings most closely match the cry engine 3 demo.
Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Trmpt

This is what Crysis looks like at 1280x720 on all Medium. i's not TERRIBLE, but it's not exactly good either...

MetroidPrimePwn
That picture doesnt look as good as the video for some reason.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

But will the gameplay be the same, or will it just be another linear corridor shooter?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Cry Engine 3 doesn't look as good as Cry Engine 2. Yes, it's true. That video is of Crysis 1 which is Cry Engine 2. Expect worse on the consoles with Cry Engine 3 especially considering Cry Engine 3 was built around the PC as the main platform with the option of porting it downgraded to consoles.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

Link

Crytek said the console versions are going to be like what Crysis looked like on medium settings.

If the video is any determination of what the console versions are going to look like then I am not complaining.

Feel free to post Crysis pics on MEDIUM setting if wish, just dont post pics with very high settings and say, "B-b-b-but it should look like this."

Trmpt

If your pleased with that awfull frame rate... ouch.

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Trmpt

Cry Engine 3 doesn't look as good as Cry Engine 2. Yes, it's true. That video is of Crysis 1 which is Cry Engine 2. Puckhog04

It was Crytek themselves that said Cryengine 3 on consoles will look like Cryengine 2 on medium settings, the video I posted is Crysis 1 on medium settings on Cryengine 2. So if Crytek is telling the truth the game will look something like what you see in the video.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
i have a video of the demo in my sig and it looks better then medium altough its not true high just shaders at high which make a hude diffrence in IQ
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Cry Engine 3 doesn't look as good as Cry Engine 2. Yes, it's true. That video is of Crysis 1 which is Cry Engine 2. Trmpt

It was Crytek themselves that said Cryengine 3 on consoles will look like Cryengine 2 on medium settings, the video I posted is Crysis 1 on medium settings on Cryengine 2. So if Crytek is telling the truth the game will look something like what you see in the video.

I guess we'll see, won't we? Either way, they have shown no footage of Crysis 2. On top of that, we already know it'll look far superior on PC due to it being, well, the PC and the fact that the PC is the lead platform. So, really, I don't see the relevance. It's already going to be worse looking by quite a bit. You trying to measure how much worse it's going to look? I don't see much a point.

godofwar2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 godofwar2610
Member since 2008 • 577 Posts

Cry Engine 3 doesn't look as good as Cry Engine 2. Yes, it's true. That video is of Crysis 1 which is Cry Engine 2. Expect worse on the consoles with Cry Engine 3 especially considering Cry Engine 3 was built around the PC as the main platform with the option of porting it downgraded to consoles.

Puckhog04
Actually as much as i hate to say it, the Cryengine 3 was constructed for consoles, Crytek even stated in the CE3 tech demos that the engine is a heavily modified CE2 for consoles, it will, however have better fps on PC from what they said.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
That pic looks terrible. That's like a PS2 game. Sadly my pc probably can't even do that and still run smoothly and it's only a year old.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
  That's what it should look like.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

But will the gameplay be the same, or will it just be another linear corridor shooter?

foxhound_fox

it wont be a corridor shooter it will be a jungle shooter that just happens to have trees blocking your every path down a corridor.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

godofwar2610

Actually as much as i hate to say it, the Cryengine 3 was constructed for consoles, Crytek even stated in the CE3 tech demos that the engine is a heavily modified CE2 for consoles, it will, however have better fps on PC from what they said.

Yep. That was the point of Cry Engine 3, as I said. Except it was designed for consoles as a way to downscale to them. Watch interviews, PC is still the lead platform. But Cry Engine 3 allows them to scale down for the consoles. Cry Engine 3 was designed for consoles, no doubt. Without Cry Engine 3 there would be no way to downscale from the PC version of the game.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

Just played Crysis on all medium settings. There is no way that game will look that good running on PS3 and Xbox 360 at medium settings. I am thinking it will look more how the game looks while playing it on all low settings running on PS3 and 360. To me even that is stretching it.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Just played Crysis on all medium settings. There is no way that game will look that good running on PS3 and Xbox 360 at medium settings. I am thinking it will look more like low running on PS3 and 360.jakarai

it will be a mix of medium, and low with motion blur occuring even if you are crawling on the ground moving 1mph.

perfect_chao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 perfect_chao
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts

console owners should get a gaming pc if they want awesome graphics

Doom 4 is coming next year and it isn't going to look very nice on consoles

NBSRDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 NBSRDan
Member since 2009 • 1320 Posts
OH MY GOD IT'S SO HORRIBLE!! MY EYES ARE BLEEDING!!! How could any decent person subject the rest of humanity to slightly less-than-maximum antialiasing?
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Pentium 4 3.20ghz (codename prescott)
XFX 8500GT 512MB, i think it's 512MB
305W power supply
2GB RAM

The guy from your vid was using those specs.. my god that PC is from teh stone age.. P4?? Really???

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Those look pretty terrible. No volumetric lighting or delicious use of shadows = fail.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
I am more concerned if the games design will be retained in the process. Visuals can be scaled. Design cannot.
ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts
Crysis on medium is not a pretty sight, it's pretty much how I was able to run it but personally I considered it unplayable, and I'm hardly a graphics whore. But if they can crank up the shaders, and I believe they can, it will make a big difference.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

305W power supply
2GB RAM

The guy from your vid was using those specs.. my god that PC is from teh stone age.. P4?? Really???

Espada12

my PC still has a 6600gt, 250 watt psu and 1 gig ram.

Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts

lol you cant say that Crysis 2 on consoles will be looking like Crysis on mediums. You know when they are porting pc game to console they dont just put medium/low settings xD. They use totally different textures other lighting techniques optimized for console. Besides Crysis2 isnt Crysis1...who said its gonna be junlge. Maybe they will go in other direction (forests with pines etc)...you know good desingn can make up lots of technical limits. They showed location like that in GDC Cry Engine3 presentation and imo it looked awesome..way better than jungle -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u85sf_ARiW0&fmt=18

(in 0:43s - 0.54s).

If it will look similar to Far cry 2 its good enough for me.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Sorry but that vodeo didnt impress me much...

Im thinking farcry 2 on consoles looks better.

(not saying that consoles are better than crysis, its just on normal settings its a little meh)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="jakarai"]Just played Crysis on all medium settings. There is no way that game will look that good running on PS3 and Xbox 360 at medium settings. I am thinking it will look more like low running on PS3 and 360.Fizzman

it will be a mix of medium, and low with motion blur occuring even if you are crawling on the ground moving 1mph.

There are ways to close the gap. Refer to http://www.develop-online.net/features/407/BUILD-Defered-rendering "Because you project your lights into the scene as a post-process, you're not lighting any pixels that are hidden behind any other pixels," says Jan-Bart van Beek, art and animation director at Guerilla, describing one of the advantages that convinced the studio make the early decision to use deferred rendering in Killzone 2. Unlike CryEngine2, CryEngine3 uses deferred rendering for lights. Compared to CryEngine2, CryEngine3 is efficient with lights. Some rendering techniques in CryEngine2 are not efficient.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

people are saying cryengine 3 wont look as good has anyone seen the PC version? for all we know it could be whatever the console video shows it could be on LOWEST which would mean cryengine could look even better n then everyone who has bought 295 + 4870xs etc would cry because their systems would just blow up.... i doubt that though but seemed kinda cool to me anyways Haha

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"]

people are saying cryengine 3 wont look as good has anyone seen the PC version? for all we know it could be whatever the console video shows it could be on LOWEST which would mean cryengine could look even better n then everyone who has bought 295 + 4870xs etc would cry because their systems would just blow up.... i doubt that though but seemed kinda cool to me anyways Haha

Using deferred rendering for lights enables additional resource to be available other effects.
Kurdish-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kurdish-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 802 Posts
Killzone 2 looks better than this
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 o0squishy0o
[QUOTE="ronvalencia"][QUOTE="o0squishy0o"]

Using deferred rendering for lights enables additional resource to be available other effects.

i concur.... but really what you just said made lil sense on quoting my post.. you saying it will look better orrr that it is medium settings and they are just using a better lighting system to free up the system resources? if it is just that.. whats the point of making a new engine just for that could have made a 2.5 so must be something else than just new flashy lights lol
FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
looks terrible, imo it looks like crysis on lowest settings
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 o0squishy0o

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

305W power supply
2GB RAM

DivergeUnify

my PC still has a 6600gt, 250 watt psu and 1 gig ram.

i raise you p4 .3.0 Atix300 (128mb) 1gb Ram psu i think is 300watt not sure... plus ITS TEH DELL

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

to be honest i think it will prolly look a little better than medium, we seen how consoles are much easier to optimize compared to a computer, its just a matter of tweaking till you get graphics at the desired level within their respective hardware limitations.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="MetroidPrimePwn"]

This is what Crysis looks like at 1280x720 on all Medium. i's not TERRIBLE, but it's not exactly good either...

Trmpt
That picture doesnt look as good as the video for some reason.

That's because the game looks much better in motion. It holds true for all of those insane ultra high screenshots you see. The game looks much better when you're actually playing it.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 o0squishy0o

to be honest i think it will prolly look a little better than medium, we seen how consoles are much easier to optimize compared to a computer, its just a matter of tweaking till you get graphics at the desired level within their respective hardware limitations.

razgriz_101
but the memory of consoles.... i wouldnt expect large islands haha
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 o0squishy0o
[QUOTE="o0squishy0o"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

but the memory of consoles.... i wouldnt expect large islands haha

just realised obvlivion and fallout etc soo my point is nill Haha
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

It probably won't look anything like that. It will most likely be optimized up the wazoo and improvements made to the code making a more effecient use of memory...A direct comparison with the PC version is really silly.Warhead runs better than Crysis on the same hardware and that only came out a year later.

shamarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 shamarke
Member since 2004 • 587 Posts

The game is gonna be great!

-PuLse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -PuLse
Member since 2009 • 538 Posts

If the hope to get Medium settings then there is definetly going to be tons and tons of loading times...which would suck in Crysis.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

I am more concerned if the games design will be retained in the process. Visuals can be scaled. Design cannot.skrat_01

Far Cry 2 /post.

Crysis 2 on Consoles won't play any different from Crysis 2 on the computer. Why do people think it is only possible to have a non-linear game like Crysis on the computer? Fallout 3 anyone? How about Borderlands? or as I mentioned above Far Cry 2.

reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
If the video is any determination of what the console versions are going to look like then I am not complaining.Trmpt
Funny that you only looked at the graphics. remember that Crysis is GFX and RAM intensive, that system has 2GB of RAM so while the console version may look like that, it definitely won't be as open ended. I almost forgot, you probably only looked at the graphics, so you must have missed out on the part where he said that the game runs at 14fps, which isn't really playable.
-PuLse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -PuLse
Member since 2009 • 538 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]I am more concerned if the games design will be retained in the process. Visuals can be scaled. Design cannot.DarkGamer007

Far Cry 2 /post.

Crysis 2 on Consoles won't play any different from Crysis 2 on the computer. Why do people think it is only possible to have a non-linear game like Crysis on the computer? Fallout 3 anyone? How about Borderlands? or as I mentioned above Far Cry 2.

Fallout 3 is an RPG and Far Cry 2 is a game where the enemies keep respawning after you kill them. You have too play Crysis too know what everyone means by saying this game won't work on consoles in it's current form.

Don't get me wrong, I'll play it just to see how it is but it will be totally different OR keep it the way it is, just add a lot of loading times.

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#48 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]I am more concerned if the games design will be retained in the process. Visuals can be scaled. Design cannot.DarkGamer007

Far Cry 2 /post.

http://www.poland.us/strona,33,3816,0.html

Read this article to see why you are wrong.

I know what you're thinking: hey, GTAIV and Far Cry 2 work well on consoles, and they're open-world games, so what makes Crysis so special?

This is both true and false. Whilst GTAIV and Far Cry 2 do provide the illusion of continuous open-worlds, they manage to fit the experience on the console by chopping up the levels into smaller pieces of several hundred square meters. Basically, when your character passes a certain point, you are thrown into a new chunk, while everything else is off in the background, the hardware is only monitoring the activity going on in that chunk. This is why, in Far Cry 2, you can enter an area, fight a few soldiers, run away to a specific distance, and then come back to find that they've reset their behaviors and that all of the damage you've done to the environment has disappeared.

Although Crysis is more focused and linear than either of these two games, each of the game's levels are rendered and monitored in real-time. What this means is, if you found an appropriate spot, you could look several kilometers across a level to find the same patrolling AI that you would encounter if you went to that area. If you shot a rocket across this distance, they would actively notice you and the game would never forget the effect that you have on the environment while you have that level loaded. Consoles simply can't remember this due to their limits on RAM.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Fat chance. Atleast, not anything like what Crysis was at medium settings. Heck, at minimum settings Crysis requires a gig of ram for all the processing information. The only way it would look remotely similar to medium is if it was in a small environment.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Will I be able to still shoot people and they just stand there waiting for me to finish them off like in Crysis on the PC? Cause you know, who cares that it's really a mediocre shooter as long as it looks pretty