Tis is apperantly what Crysis 2 will look like on consoles.

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Looking at this video It's going to be a jumble of settings, some even going below medium.

It's not as simple as just saying medium settings, there are aspects that cannot be measured that way such as the reduced affect of explosions. Sun shafts is also not a medium settings effect.

Not that all that matters, the most important part is the inevitable impact on game play 256mb ram is going to have.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="dgsag"]

[QUOTE="DarkGamer007"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Far Cry 2 /post.

Crysis 2 on Consoles won't play any different from Crysis 2 on the computer. Why do people think it is only possible to have a non-linear game like Crysis on the computer? Fallout 3 anyone? How about Borderlands? or as I mentioned above Far Cry 2.

http://www.poland.us/strona,33,3816,0.html

Read this article to see why you are wrong.

[QUOTE=""]I know what you're thinking: hey, GTAIV and Far Cry 2 work well on consoles, and they're open-world games, so what makes Crysis so special?

This is both true and false. Whilst GTAIV and Far Cry 2 do provide the illusion of continuous open-worlds, they manage to fit the experience on the console by chopping up the levels into smaller pieces of several hundred square meters. Basically, when your character passes a certain point, you are thrown into a new chunk, while everything else is off in the background, the hardware is only monitoring the activity going on in that chunk. This is why, in Far Cry 2, you can enter an area, fight a few soldiers, run away to a specific distance, and then come back to find that they've reset their behaviors and that all of the damage you've done to the environment has disappeared.

Although Crysis is more focused and linear than either of these two games, each of the game's levels are rendered and monitored in real-time. What this means is, if you found an appropriate spot, you could look several kilometers across a level to find the same patrolling AI that you would encounter if you went to that area. If you shot a rocket across this distance, they would actively notice you and the game would never forget the effect that you have on the environment while you have that level loaded. Consoles simply can't remember this due to their limits on RAM.

So its like oblivion then? Dont laugh I attacked a necromancer once but he was too powerful so I ran away, a couple days later Im just walking in a town to have him come through a door and attack me. Hed been following me for about 10 in game days... and when you leave things generally they stay there forever. Theres still the body of some random woman I killed at the imperial city waterfront XD So it is all possible, especially when you consider just how long ago that game was released.
Raining__Blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Raining__Blood
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts
Nonsenses,Crytek won't release a half assed game on consoles the Cry Engine 3 is the most the advanced game engine on the industry,it will look better than that and you can't release a game running at 17fps on consoles,it have to be 30FPS,the engine is meant to run on low specs system and at the same time give you amazing looking games,which it favors the PC platform even more,a PC with 8800 gt running the Cryengine 3 will make the original crysis look ugly.
Chiddaling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 Chiddaling
Member since 2008 • 9106 Posts
What? Far Cry 2 looks better then that, IMO.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

Just played Crysis on all medium settings. There is no way that game will look that good running on PS3 and Xbox 360 at medium settings. I am thinking it will look more how the game looks while playing it on all low settings running on PS3 and 360. To me even that is stretching it.

jakarai

Nah, my laptop can run it at medium settings at a decent framerate. If it can play it, consoles probably can.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#56 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Any settings configuration with Shaders below high looks ugly in crysis imo

LordDhampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 LordDhampire
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts

I found crysis running on consoles it looks gorgeous

Crysis Very High

Avatar image for All_that_is_Man
All_that_is_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 All_that_is_Man
Member since 2008 • 2044 Posts

lol, Game looks stunning

nosedive7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nosedive7
Member since 2005 • 444 Posts

The main focus of Crytek for Far Cry and Crysis has been a solid game with awesome graphics. My question is in the move to go to consoles, obviously the console versions will not have superlative graphics, therefore wouldn't this just be a very mediocre game on consoles? I honestly don't see what the point is for Crytek to bring their philosiphy of game development to consoles. I don't see how it will work, if the main draw of your games is graphics, but on consoles you are very limited in what you can do, then why bother? I don't have a clue about the PC version I'm sure it will be great, but unless Crytek puts all its skill and effort into the console versions I don't see this being a very good game for consoles. I hope that I am dead wrong though.:)

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#60 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

The main focus of Crytek for Far Cry and Crysis has been a solid game with awesome graphics. My question is in the move to go to consoles, obviously the console versions will not have superlative graphics, therefore wouldn't this just be a very mediocre game on consoles? I honestly don't see what the point is for Crytek to bring their philosiphy of game development to consoles. I don't see how it will work, if the main draw of your games is graphics, but on consoles you are very limited in what you can do, then why bother? I don't have a clue about the PC version I'm sure it will be great, but unless Crytek puts all its skill and effort into the console versions I don't see this being a very good game for consoles. I hope that I am dead wrong though.:)

nosedive7
The gameplay for the Crysis franchise has always been great, so perhaps the gameplay will translate better than the graphics to the consoles.