This is why GTA V isn’t on PC yet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

Why do you say Max Payne 3 flopped? It has not sold anything close to GTA 5 but I wouldn't call it a flop.

Max Payne 3 sold really bad on all platforms, and there will most likely never be a sequel.

Search for sales numbers if you don't believe me.

I already looked up sales numbers, thats how I know it wasnt a flop, like I said, it didnt sell anything like GTA 5 but 4 million copies sold is not a flop, maybe by console standards.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@CrownKingArthur:

Wow another poster with a very productive life. You go guy.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

@CrownKingArthur:

Wow another poster with a very productive life. You go guy.

You doubled your post count. Congratulations.

Keep crawling toward "relevant."

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#154  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

PC gamers need to stop pirating games and buying them instead. PC is a grea enviroment, but nobody buys games on that platform. That's why consoles are better for games when it comes to games and gamong overall

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By highking_kallor

@lundy86_4:

Don't want that. I might look like a no life loser.

Oh and congrats on working that out. Was not expecting that from you.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 lundy86_4

@highking_kallor said:

@lundy86_4:

Don't want that. I might look like a no life loser.

Oh and congrats on working that out. Was not expecting that from you.

Come back when you have more than a few measly posts. Hard to take one seriously, lol.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#157 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

Last night the bean counters at Take Two Interactive released their financials for the last year and there were some surprising announcements in between all the tedious non-GAAP and loan note talking.

First up let’s take a look at the juicy sales numbers.

Borderlands 2 has now become 2K’s biggest selling title with the latest retail push helping the title sail past the 8.5 million mark. 2K, owned by Take Two, also pulled in some great sales of their signature NBA 2K series with the latest version, NBA2K14, selling over 5 million units which has pushed the franchise over the 35 million mark to date.

But the real money spinner was obviously Grand Theft Auto V which has now officially sold over 32 million copies already and is still widely expected to earn a lot more money with upcoming DLC, Xbox One and PS4 versions as well as the much-anticipated PC version.

The rest of the income earned is spread across XCOM, Bioshock, WWE, Civ 5 and GTA: San Andreas to name a few.

However those aren’t the most surprising numbers from the announcement. If you scroll all the way down Take Two have also given the breakdown of sales according to mobile, console or PC and the results are mind-blowing.

Consoles vs The Master Race

In the 2012 financial year the breakdown was as follows

• Console – 80%
  • PC – 18%
  • Mobile – 2%

A clear lead for the console market which is a bit of a shock since Max Payne 3 was released during that time on all platforms.

But fast forward to today and the breakdown for 2013 sales is vastly different

• Console – 97%
  • PC – 3%
  • Mobile – 0%

To put it bluntly Take Two is now simply a console house with that 3% barely even worth the effort of porting games over. Games like NBA2K, Borderlands 2 and XCOM: Enemy Within are debatable better on the console and with consoles having total domination inside the company you can understand why top titles like Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto V simply aren’t on the immediate horizon for PC gamers.

Do we have to mention the obvious factor of piracy being a major issue on the PC and that is possibly why Take-2 are investing more into consoles than the platform of the master race?

Sales tactics and Digital vs Retail

Take Two’s new sales plan also includes bundles with their next two bundles being Borderlands 2 & Dishonoured hitting retailers on the 11th of February along with a second, decidedly odd bundle of Skyrim & Bioshock Infinite which would make a perfect Valentine’s present for that special person in your life.

And for all of those, like me, who was worried that digital sales would ruin the typical retail experience it is nice to see that Take Two’s digital sales only accounted for 3% of all their sales. Again with GTA V skewing that results quite badly. Last year digital accounted for 22% of sales as a comparison.

The last bit of interesting info is that North America counts for 45% of all Take Two sales with the rest of the world combined making up the other 55% with no region being big enough to get a special mention.

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/this-is-why-gta-v-isnt-on-pc-yet/

Forgive me, but I'm having a difficult time understanding this math. A little off topic, but Borderlands is 2K's biggest selling title at 8.5 million units, which is somehow a greater number than the 35 million units Grand Theft Auto V moved -- also a 2K title? 8.5>35...?

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By highking_kallor

@lundy86_4:

Thanks for the laugh. You think posts in a forum count. That say's it all.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 lundy86_4

@highking_kallor said:

@lundy86_4:

Thanks for the laugh. You think posts in a forum count. That say's it all.

Bro, you take me way too seriously. Most people on this board know that i'm here for a laugh. Lighten up.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 highking_kallor

@lundy86_4:

You think im serious? Have you seen some of the outrageous crap ive posted? Most people bite too. Then you have the grammer Nazis. May they live their boring life forever.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lundy86_4

@highking_kallor said:

@lundy86_4:

You think im serious? Have you seen some of the outrageous crap ive posted? Most people bite too. Then you have the grammer Nazis. May they live their boring life forever.

To be honest, I haven't. You're way too new lol. Get more posts, yo.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 highking_kallor

@lundy86_4:

Im trying.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#163  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

@lundy86_4:

Grammar* You're welcome.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

The funny thing is both platforms actually needs each other to sustain the whole industry at the moment

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Can't blame them. There is much more on PC to choose from. Hard market to sell in.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By highking_kallor

@millerlight89 said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lundy86_4:

Grammar* You're welcome.

Must be hard to sit there and take the bad spelling/grammar. Man you must waste some time online correcting people that just don't care. Whatever its your life. Does it make your skin crawl or something? That must be horrible to live with. Glad I can let stuff go and not have it build up and overwhelm my existence like some on here.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#167 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

It's 97% because of GTAV. Next year TakeTwo will once again post loss, because everything else they make sells like crap compared to development costs.

And it's really not surprising. 2K has only one big selling PC property and that's Civilization, which recieved last full game almost four years ago. You ain't gonna make a lot of money if you don't have the games to publish.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@ProjectPat187 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

Why do you say Max Payne 3 flopped? It has not sold anything close to GTA 5 but I wouldn't call it a flop.

Max Payne 3 sold really bad on all platforms, and there will most likely never be a sequel.

I already looked up sales numbers, thats how I know it wasnt a flop, like I said, it didnt sell anything like GTA 5 but 4 million copies sold is not a flop, maybe by console standards, also thanks for looking into the future and letting me know there will never be a sequel.

Thank you for your sarcasm.

When the the publisher itself said the game sold way below expectations and they put the game on sale for like 5 dollars a year after release you know something is wrong.

And sure, I don't know the future, but there is a very slim chance there will ever be a sequel. And if you want to close your eyes for the truth, than please go ahead.

Like I said, there will MOST LIKELY NEVER BE A SEQUEL which is not the same as saying 'there will never be a sequel'

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#169 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

They would make more money making it for PS4. No need for high end PC to runs it at 60fps 1080p, PS4 will do that easy.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ProjectPat187

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

I already looked up sales numbers, thats how I know it wasnt a flop, like I said, it didnt sell anything like GTA 5 but 4 million copies sold is not a flop, maybe by console standards, also thanks for looking into the future and letting me know there will never be a sequel.

When the the publisher itself said the game sold way below expectations and they put the game on sale for like 5 dollars a year after release you know something is wrong.

And selling lower than expectation does not mean a game is a flop, and do you have proof the game was put up for $5 a year after release?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@ProjectPat187 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

And selling lower than expectation does not mean a game is a flop, and do you have proof the game was put up for $5 a year after release?

Yes, that is the exact definition: selling lower than expectations = sales flop.

If you want to argue definitions than go ahead, I'm not interested though.

It was on sale on Steam and GMG last year for 5 dollars. It was on the last PSN sale for less than older games like RDR and GTA IV (I think it was around 7.5 dollars)

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ProjectPat187

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

Yes, that is the exact definition: selling lower than expectations = sales flop.

Thats exactly not the definition, lower than expectations means lower than expectations, flop is YOU'RE definition and YOUR'RE definition ONLY.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#173  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@lostrib said:

old news

It's less than a month old and LOL so much for the Master Race and their Master sales.

Show me a console FREE 2 play game that generates up to 500-600M even near billion $$ profits per year and then come tell us about Master Race or Master sales again. lol consolites are out of their mind latetly.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 KillzoneSnake
@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride

Whos pirating games? Im not pirating games. Thats not how it works when you have a job and a life you buy your games. ( consolites get mommy and daddy to do it 9 times outta 10 )

@KillzoneSnake:

Why would it sell better on ps4? You think PC gamers want GTA just so they can play in 1080 at 60fps, THAT'S IT?

No try 1440/1600p at 60-120fps with gsync and more mods/tweaks/settings then you'd know what to do with.

Console games sell much more. Pirate and mod GTA all you want. And sorry i cant notice higher than 1080p sitting over 5 feet away from a 40 inch tv. I also would have one hell of a hard time to notice anything higher than 60fps. PC gaming is pointless nowadays.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 KillzoneSnake

@Motokid6 said:

@KillzoneSnake: Then your blind and ignorant. Ill leave it at that.

I know it must be painful to not play GTAV or MGSV. So sad.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:
@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride

Whos pirating games? Im not pirating games. Thats not how it works when you have a job and a life you buy your games. ( consolites get mommy and daddy to do it 9 times outta 10 )

@KillzoneSnake:

Why would it sell better on ps4? You think PC gamers want GTA just so they can play in 1080 at 60fps, THAT'S IT?

No try 1440/1600p at 60-120fps with gsync and more mods/tweaks/settings then you'd know what to do with.

Console games sell much more. Pirate and mod GTA all you want. And sorry i cant notice higher than 1080p sitting over 5 feet away from a 40 inch tv. I also would have one hell of a hard time to notice anything higher than 60fps. PC gaming is pointless nowadays.

Buying a PS4 is pointless

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 KillzoneSnake

@Motokid6 said:

@KillzoneSnake: So i can just go out and by those games for my 360 then? Why the hell would i waste $60 on a game that cant be modified or tweaked? Why would i spend $60 on a game that remains the same the moment i hand over my money? A game that WILL NEVER EVOLVE AND CHANGE... is what consolites spend $60 for. Wtf kinda value is that?

Why would i want to change it? Im still playing GTAV, great fun. Soon i play MGSV at 1080/60.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 highking_kallor

@walloftruth said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lundy86_4:

Then you have the grammer Nazis. May they live their boring life forever.

Oh, you've taken that seriously? But thanks for biting! <3

You think I was talking about you. Cute

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 The_Last_Ride

@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride

@KillzoneSnake:

Then why do console games sell better when there are way more pc's out there?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 The_Last_Ride

@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Grandmas $250 Dell isnt a gaming pc. Even more ignorance.. amazing.

So you're telling me, you can't play games on that? I can play most game on my 2 year old laptop...

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride

@KillzoneSnake:

Then why do console games sell better when there are way more pc's out there?

Selling better and actually make more profit for the developer are totally depend on the game and what platform their based on.

Consoles may get the sales with games like Call of Duty But many companies like Activision year after year report their pc division is making most of their profit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 The_Last_Ride

@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride: I swear its like talking to a child..

Can your two year old laptop play games that are graphically equivalent to GTA? Smoothly? ( Because remember consolite logic is that indies dont count, right? ) If so then it sounds like you have a gaming laptop. Which brings me to my point. Gaming PC's are a different thing then the average personal computer. Which is a dieing breed as people move over to phones and tablets for every day browsing.

You say "Why do console games sell better when there are more PC's." Now.. there is a whole heep of crap thats twisted about that statement, but my phone is running out battery so i gotta keep it short. So instead of continuing to rant. A question... where do you get your sales figures from? And remember digital sales are NOT tallied. Which is how most if not all pc gamers get their games these days. Where consolites still have to buy physical copies. ( that is changing though ) So again what figures are you using to justify such a vague statement?

Or am i really talking to a child here? Meaning everything i just said was null..

Why is GTA the best selling game ever and it's not even on pc? Shouldn't pc games sell way more than console games? And no, it's not a gaming pc. As i said, i can run most games, not all

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Do read the crap you type or are you just throwing it all out there to see whos gonna bite on your trolling? Im done with your ignorance.

THank you for making me win the argument then :)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride: Do read the crap you type or are you just throwing it all out there to see whos gonna bite on your trolling? Im done with your ignorance.

Calm down ladies. There's no fighting in System Wars

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 ProjectPat187

@KillzoneSnake said:
@Motokid6 said:

@The_Last_Ride

@KillzoneSnake:

PC gaming is pointless nowadays.

You obviously have no clue wtf you are talking about.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 The_Last_Ride

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Motokid6 said:

Calm down ladies. There's no fighting in System Wars

i am calm, he's being the unreasonable one. He didn't answer my question or have a good counter argument. When he throws such language out there i just take a guess that i won :). I am not fighting either btw

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 The_Last_Ride

@Motokid6: How is that a troll question?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

LOL at the PC master race. GTA V lost relevancy so long ago.