This is why GTA V isn’t on PC yet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
1. You're asking me to show a link to disprove your premise that is completely flawed to begin with. When 2 FTP games can make billions and you have MMOs like WoW making millions a month on subscriptions it's not hard to figure out where most of that games revenue is coming from.

PC gaming isn't this gigantic monster you're trying to make it out to be. It's like to wanting to see the profits from speaker sales from a electronics store but only seeing the total sales of everything. Only a complete moron would try and use that number as just speaker profits.

2. Never said Flappy bird was your reading comprehension fails again. Oh and if PCs have so many more great aaa/aa than consoles how come they never win GOTY?

1. You're making excuses. PC has the highest gaming revenue. You can't refute this fact. I'm not here to discuss if you think f2p/mmo should count or not. I'm giving you a straight fact.

2. It's not an "if". PC does have the most great+ scoring games at both gs and mc. 100's more than ps3 last gen and 5x more than ps4 this gen.

1. Lol You're the one here making excuses here pal you're trying to use a bulk number to represent a small square. Your not giving me a straight fact your giving me a obscured fact, and it is in this context your little charts don't show the percentage of AAA games (except maybe that pie chart that actually helps my position)

2. So tell me how many of those 100's more great+ scoring games made GOTY again?

#252 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@Cranler said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@Shielder7:

The only thing bull shit is the list of crap you tried to feed me.

1. I don't really give a flying **** where the phrase came from it's still infinitely more hassle to game on PC FACT. You don't have to download steam or any other BS program like origin, you don't have shitty DRM like Fail City, You don't ever have to mess around with the graphics setting or wonder if your console will be able to play it, never have to worry about if your Graphics card is at ends with the game just because of the brand. You don't have to download it or worry about other background programs slowing it down or crashing it and in 1992 all you had to do to play a game was pop a cartridge in press power how was that hard?

Your flat out wrong. Consoles do updates just like PCs. In fact a console is a PC for all intents and purposes

2. Um no it isn't and I'm not dragging my PC to my friends house when I can just bring a disc that's stupid hermit logic.

If you are right then gaming disks will be the ONLY thing that is on a disk. Music, movies and everything PC has gotten rid of disks. Your games will be in the cloud accessible from anywhere, that is the trend for EVERYTHING digital.

3. Try using a Xbox controller with oblivion and get back to me (FYI the look doesn't work you still have to use the mouse) Fact is Controllers work better with consoles deal with it.

What about an Xbox controller for Morrowind. Wasnt Morrowind a console game? how would it be different I dont understand

4. So what's your argument just because you never had a crash means no one has crashes? Yep hermit logic at it's best and Consoles have their own VR headsets coming and you know what they're going to suck and flop just as hard as the Oculus Rift FACT.

Consoles crash as well...are you going to tell me they dont? PCs are a LOT more reliable then console players think. A LOT,

and if console players plan to have job in the future they best pull their head out of their ass and get used to a computer

1. Flat out completely missed the point never said or implied anything about Updates and no a console isn't or I wouldn't own a PC as well try again.

2. Completely flew over your head again, I'm not talking about accessibility and lol cloud.

3. No you don't because you obviously never tried using a controller with most PC games, so don't tell me it's just as simple and easy because it's not take it from someone whos tried.

4. A. Consoles crash I hit the reset button , PC crashes I have to load up windows, Steam bla bla bla and no they're not.

B. There are a lot of jobs that don't require a PC and most console players are used to a computer it is idiotic to say otherwise. You Honestly think Console players only prefer consoles because they don't know how to use a PC? If that's the case than you're beyond ignorant.

Controllers didn't start getting good support on pc until recently. Bioshock was the first high profile game that had full 360 controller support. Now all multiplats support the 360 controller. Speaking of Elder Scrolls, theres a mod that makes controller support on pc infinitely better than console.

I did not know that and here is the problem I have with that.

So far there are only two things about consoles that make sense.

1. a couch

2. a controller.

I think its a very sad state in gaming that someone hasnt addressed these two issues to once and for all put system wars to bed. In fact, if I had access to the code I bet I could find about 3 of my friends to solve the problem in about a week.

its silly.

Not all office chairs are uncomfortable. Then again, who says you need an office chair to sit at your computer? Why not a recliner?

#253 Edited by Jankarcop (9289 posts) -

1. Those graphs directly show PC having revenue similiar to that of all consoles+handhelds. An amazing feat. You have yet to refute them with a factual link.

This is a sales information debate, not opinion wars. You're losing atm. I present information from cited sources, you refute it with information. "F2p and MMO SUCK" is not a valid response.

2. This is called a subject change. You were not able to disprove PC having far far far more great+ titles than ps3/ps4, so you changed the goal post to GOTY. This is called "rape".

#254 Posted by Jankarcop (9289 posts) -

Wait..people's PCs still freeze and reboot? I've heard of more RROD and disc-scratching tales than that these days.

Steam auto-updates > faster than xbl/psn updates and patches

PC install times > faster than console install times

#255 Posted by Krelian-co (10680 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

more than a decade ago I watch Bill Gates show how the computer could be used in the living room and how they wanted to move forward on that. It made TOTAL sense. The PC was hidden, it worked on the TV, it works on your other PC (like laptops). You had access to all your games, movies and music.

Simple and friggin easy as sin to set up.

Why that never happend I am not completely clear but basically a console is PC that is hooked up to a TV. Its just not a robost of a solution.

once steam streaming functions as it should and i can hook my laptop to any tv in my house and play from it while my desktop pc runs the game it will be great.

#256 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

lol I knew it. Besides MMO, RTS and indies all the AAA games sell better on consoles than on PC. Hermits will turn a blind eye to this and try to spin it but theres just no denying. Even the chart stated above tells the highest PC revenue are MMO... Now expect the predictable "MMO also counts as games" responses from hermits (wich is true) but a platform cant only live on MMO.

MMOs attract a lot of casuals and females.

#257 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

lol I knew it. Besides MMO, RTS and indies all the AAA games sell better on consoles than on PC. Hermits will turn a blind eye to this and try to spin it but theres just no denying. Even the chart stated above tells the highest PC revenue are MMO... Now expect the predictable "MMO also counts as games" responses from hermits (wich is true) but a platform cant only live on MMO.

I wouldn't call any MMO player a 'casual'.

I bet they put in more game time then non MMO players

#258 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Motokid6 said:

Then why do console games sell better when there are way more pc's out there?

this was the question.

my crude answer

a console's job is first and foremost - for playing games

a pc can do many jobs, including but not limited to playing games.

I think it would be unwise to assume that every pc out there has a gamer attached to it. in fact, what i suggest is there are gamers out there ... and what's attached to these gamers? i'm a gamer and I have an xbox 360, wii, and two gaming pcs. so if i buy an xbox 360 game that's one game per xbox 360, whereas i only have one steam account so when i buy a pc game that's one game per two gaming pcs.

furthermore, i would like to point out that the trend for pc game sales is year-on-year increases - evidence http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/212102-/nvidia_trends_01-620x.jpg

this is quite a big topic but i'll stop right there.

and lastly - i respect both of you as posters.

The actual answer to this is Marketing dollars.

I think people are unware of two things.

1. How much marketing dollars are spent on Consoles compared to PC

2. How much marketing affects your perception of what is popular.

#259 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

@Vatusus said:

People put a lot of hours into mobile games. Are you saying they are hardcores too?

#260 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

@Vatusus said:

People put a lot of hours into mobile games. Are you saying they are hardcores too?

perhaps..

I think the question now is this...what defines 'hard core' If we find that the average MMO player plays longer per hour then a console player then the question is what makes a console player hard core?

#261 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@happyduds77: I would call this nor Eve Online battles that make headline mainstream news 'casual'

#262 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

@Vatusus said:

perhaps..

I think the question now is this...what defines 'hard core' If we find that the average MMO player plays longer per hour then a console player then the question is what makes a console player hard core?

Easy, hardcores are deeply invested in video games and play a wide-range of'em.

#263 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4688 posts) -

@SEANMCAD: mate that is an excellent point and something i've been thinking about a lot.

for example, there really is no one company which represents 'pc', sure, microsoft represents 'windows' ... but there is a bit of a difference. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo - they look after a console (or a console and a handheld). These companies have marketing budgets set aside.

i tend to ignore marketing materials for video games, because of course they're just trying to sell you something. i prefer to try and play them, or learn as muchas i can about the actual game before buying.

#264 Posted by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

@Vatusus said:

perhaps..

Easy, hardcores are deeply invested in video games and play a wide-range of'em.

MMO players take their games very seriously.

Lots of hours, and some even modify their living space for the hobby. I personally know of some divorces that have happened because of the hobby.

I would in fact suggest MMO players are more 'hard core' then console players

#265 Edited by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -

@SEANMCAD: Obviously not all MMO players are casuals.

#266 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

I play primarly MMOs and have done so for about 6 years now .I can tell you that within the community if you are a causal you often have to declare yourself as one. Most MMO players are not casual

#267 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

1. Those graphs directly show PC having revenue similiar to that of all consoles+handhelds. An amazing feat. You have yet to refute them with a factual link.

This is a sales information debate, not opinion wars. You're losing atm. I present information from cited sources, you refute it with information. "F2p and MMO SUCK" is not a valid response.

2. This is called a subject change. You were not able to disprove PC having far far far more great+ titles than ps3/ps4, so you changed the goal post to GOTY. This is called "rape".

1. I did refute that with the original link, and it's not an amazing feat when you consider the vast majority of people have PCs just not gaming PCs, but you don't need a gaming PC to play the vast majority of PC games. Hell a 4 year old laptop could pretty much play everything as long as you don't care too much about the graphics but that would defeat the purpose of PC gaming. When you consider the instal base of average PCs/Laptops it's not hard to figure out where most of that revenue is going.

This is a sales debate of AAA games and why certain studios port PC versions last or not at all. You just can't throw out a bulk number that ranges from FTP Games to Micro-transactions to shitty little indie games etc and represent that as proof AAA games do better on PC than consoles that's ludicrous. You're not fooling anybody of what you're trying to do, muddying the filled with bulk numbers instead of actual representations for the topic at hand.

2. The only person who changed the subject was you. Like I said this was a sales debate of AAA games and why certain studios port PC versions last or not at all not about bulk numbers of AAA/AA games released. Not to mention the fact the PC is saturated with shit games as well far more than consoles Steam is living proof of that. The Best of the Best games are all on consoles that's why Consoles always win GOTY Deal With It.

#268 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71269 posts) -

MMO's are not casual, or consist of casual players. It's just like any other game

#269 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

I would with computers for a living. I am a programmer and I have been around computers for 30+ years. I am telling you that unless your system is out of date or completely jacked from fucking around with it there are rarely ever any problems anymore. Around once a year sounds about right. ONCE A FUCKING YEAR!

A console is LITERALLY a PC hooked up to a TV that has games that will work with a controller.

fuck me this is amazingly stupid.

And this is why your arguments are flawed not everyone that plays games are programmers. Non problems for you might not be non problems for someone else just like a Doctor will know if something a problem or not but the average person won't.

@SEANMCAD said:

more than a decade ago I watch Bill Gates show how the computer could be used in the living room and how they wanted to move forward on that. It made TOTAL sense. The PC was hidden, it worked on the TV, it works on your other PC (like laptops). You had access to all your games, movies and music.

Simple and friggin easy as sin to set up.

Why that never happend I am not completely clear but basically a console is PC that is hooked up to a TV. Its just not a robost of a solution.

Because it's a stupid ****ing idea that will never catch on. For a programer or something it might make sense for the average person it makes no sense. Anything I might need to hook a computer up to a TV for a Blu-ray player or smart TV can already do except cheaper and simpler.

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

I play primarly MMOs and have done so for about 6 years now .I can tell you that within the community if you are a causal you often have to declare yourself as one. Most MMO players are not casual

And there it is of course your going to be PC pro since MMOs on consoles are just now getting out of the starting gate after DC U and Final Fantasy gave it a not an entirely unsuccessful test run.

Just because you're a hardcore MMO player doesn't mean your hardcore gamer. If all you do is play one game for hours on end and are as productive as a dead dog nailed to a chair than you probably have no in inkling of other games coming out for PC or consoles.

If you truly want to know how stupid MMOs are ask anyone in a guild why they raid, they will most likely answer to get the best items. Than ask them what do they use those weapons for and odds are the only answer they'll come up with is to raid with.

It really boggles the mined that people let their marriages end, get fired from jobs and lose real world contacts and friends just so they can get virtual gear with the best numbers and before you susgest most games are just about numbers no one ever ruined their lives getting 100% in Super Metroid or Super Mario 64 did they.

#270 Posted by happyduds77 (1451 posts) -
@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

You lost me here. All I said was MMOs attract a lot of casuals, I didn't say most MMO players are casuals.

#271 Edited by SEANMCAD (5464 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

@happyduds77 said:

You lost me here. All I said was MMOs attract a lot of casuals, I didn't say most MMO players are casuals.

What?

??? they attract a lot of casuals but most MMO players are not casuals?

ok this conversation is done...take care bro..

#272 Posted by Tqricardinho (341 posts) -

Who would really want to play GTA V now? I mean, if you really are a fan of the series you should have probably bought and played it on a console. Only fanboys are waiting for this game to pop up on PC, I mean... who cares? If you like the game, who cares in what system you're playing it?

#273 Edited by naz99 (1308 posts) -

@Tqricardinho said:

Who would really want to play GTA V now? I mean, if you really are a fan of the series you should have probably bought and played it on a console. Only fanboys are waiting for this game to pop up on PC, I mean... who cares? If you like the game, who cares in what system you're playing it?

"who would want to play GTA V now" What so because the games not new any more it becomes not worth playing??

I'm a PC gamer I have not owned any consoles for the past 4 years, yet I like GTA and I want to play GTA So im a fanboy for not going out buying a console just to play one game that i know is already coming out for the system I own????

What you Talkin Bout Willis!

Some of us are not raging consumer whores that have to jump on everything we can as soon as we can...I have 100s of games I own and are yet to buy that I can play and enjoy until GTA V finally shows up.

Besides i get the new Carmageddon in about 4 days so that is my life gone :P

#274 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lostrib:

Wow get a life dude

I'm certain he has a better life than you since he's not the one who's getting butthurt when someone tries to HELP him with his spelling/grammar.

Haha. Yep I sure am how you say it "butthurt". You must be like 12 to reference that. Your such a joke man. Is that all your sad existence comes down to. No need to comment we all know the answer kid.

Also tbh I don't need some kid helping me with my grammar/spelling. This is a gaming forum not some peer reviewed paper were spelling and grammar matter (if you know what that is my boy). But whatever worry about the small stuff. Have a great life.

It's really cute how butthurt you got over this.

#275 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:
1. You're asking me to show a link to disprove your premise that is completely flawed to begin with. When 2 FTP games can make billions and you have MMOs like WoW making millions a month on subscriptions it's not hard to figure out where most of that games revenue is coming from.

PC gaming isn't this gigantic monster you're trying to make it out to be. It's like to wanting to see the profits from speaker sales from a electronics store but only seeing the total sales of everything. Only a complete moron would try and use that number as just speaker profits.

2. Never said Flappy bird was your reading comprehension fails again. Oh and if PCs have so many more great aaa/aa than consoles how come they never win GOTY?

1. You're making excuses. PC has the highest gaming revenue. You can't refute this fact. I'm not here to discuss if you think f2p/mmo should count or not. I'm giving you a straight fact.

2. It's not an "if". PC does have the most great+ scoring games at both gs and mc. 100's more than ps3 last gen and 5x more than ps4 this gen.

1. Lol You're the one here making excuses here pal you're trying to use a bulk number to represent a small square. Your not giving me a straight fact your giving me a obscured fact, and it is in this context your little charts don't show the percentage of AAA games (except maybe that pie chart that actually helps my position)

2. So tell me how many of those 100's more great+ scoring games made GOTY again?

1. Most multiplats on consoles sell better, yet almost all multiplats on PC are better than their console counterpart.

2. Cool, have fun playing your 2 GOTY movie games over and over again since that's all you got.

In short, have fun playing your sales and awards while we real gamers actually play our games.

#276 Edited by dxmcat (1127 posts) -

Consoles = Pop music.

#277 Edited by highking_kallor (518 posts) -

@walloftruth:

You again. Hahaha. My little sidekick.

Then you bash games and call your self a real gamer. Haha again little man.

#278 Edited by schu (9261 posts) -

I always wait for the PC version of GTA. Why would I want to play a crippled version with poor draw distances, worse textures and awful frame rates?

I have this thing called patience. I have beat every single GTA game to date and I still don't mind waiting as a "fan" because I'd much rather play it as it was meant to be played. I do believe that the difference between the console and the PC version is worth the wait.

#279 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@walloftruth:

You again. Hahaha. My little sidekick.

Then you bash games and call your self a real gamer. Haha again little man.

*yourself

#280 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -
@schu said:

I always wait for the PC version of GTA. Why would I want to play a crippled version with poor draw distances, worse textures and awful frame rates?

I have this thing called patience. I have beat every single GTA game to date and I still don't mind waiting as a "fan" because I'd much rather play it as it was meant to be played. I do believe that the difference between the console and the PC version is worth the wait.

And don't forget the mods, they make a huge difference.

#281 Posted by highking_kallor (518 posts) -

@walloftruth: Glad to see you are still obsessed with me. Do you want my facebook so you can stalk me more?

#282 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

It couldn't possibly be because of a trend that started in 2001 with GTA III could it? When console manufacturers signed exlusitivity deals with R* because GTA is a system mover? No, no....let's be peasant fanboys and trolls instead of looking at the data!

GTA III: console - October 22, 2001, PC - May 20, 2002

Vice City: console - 27 October 2002, PC - 12 May 2003

San Andreas: console - October 26, 2004, PC/xbox - June 7, 2005

GTA IV: console - 29 April 2008, PC - 2 December 2008

GTA V: console - 17 September 2013, PC: ?

This is on the first page, and this thread is still going on?

God damn you console fanboys just cling for dear life to every tiny little scrap of arguable ownage you get. Wonder what'll happen when the PC version ships this summer. You'll probably go back to talking about RDR.

#283 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@walloftruth: Glad to see you are still obsessed with me. Do you want my facebook so you can stalk me more?

*Facebook

You'll thank me later.

#284 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

It couldn't possibly be because of a trend that started in 2001 with GTA III could it? When console manufacturers signed exlusitivity deals with R* because GTA is a system mover? No, no....let's be peasant fanboys and trolls instead of looking at the data!

GTA III: console - October 22, 2001, PC - May 20, 2002

Vice City: console - 27 October 2002, PC - 12 May 2003

San Andreas: console - October 26, 2004, PC/xbox - June 7, 2005

GTA IV: console - 29 April 2008, PC - 2 December 2008

GTA V: console - 17 September 2013, PC: ?

This is on the first page, and this thread is still going on?

God damn you console fanboys just cling for dear life to every tiny little scrap of arguable ownage you get. Wonder what'll happen when the PC version ships this summer. You'll probably go back to talking about RDR.

But this is Fanboy Wars, facts don't matter here.

#285 Posted by naz99 (1308 posts) -
#286 Posted by highking_kallor (518 posts) -

@walloftruth:

Poor little diddums. Can't let it go can we. Learn some self control. It will help you in your life also.

#287 Edited by lostrib (35889 posts) -

Holy Shit, let this thread die

#288 Edited by TheWalkingGhost (5244 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Holy Shit, let this thread die

The let it die, stop posting in it.

#289 Posted by Cruxis27 (1907 posts) -

Of course, peasants have always outnumbered nobility. Now get back to harvesting mah crops boi.

#290 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

@walloftruth:

Poor little diddums. Can't let it go can we. Learn some self control. It will help you in your life also.

You're the one who keeps replying and....

Can't let it go, can we?*

#291 Posted by highking_kallor (518 posts) -

@walloftruth:

Wow you are so not predictable. Bet you will say i'm butthurt again like a 12 year old.

#292 Posted by wis3boi (31294 posts) -

@walloftruth:

Wow you are so not predictable. Bet you will say i'm butthurt again like a 12 year old.

You're not butthurt, you're ass decimated

#293 Edited by xhawk27 (7263 posts) -

Every GTA game has been on the PC. I would be shocked if GTA V isn't either. I bet you hear about a PC version this May or June!

#294 Posted by highking_kallor (518 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@highking_kallor said:

@walloftruth:

Oh another 12 year old scholar. Good on you. Is it school holidays or something?

Why is everyone on this board obsessed with my ass? I know it’s great but jeepers I’m taken ladies.

#295 Posted by wis3boi (31294 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@highking_kallor said:

@walloftruth:

Oh another 12 year old scholar. Good on you. Is it school holidays or something?

Why is everyone on this board obsessed with my ass? I know it’s great but jeepers I’m taken ladies.

it's sad watching you attempt to be funny around here

#296 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

I've noticed from this section something..

Most anti-PC threads are based on trolling or bending/lying of information. No real argument. Is it always like this?

#297 Posted by highking_kallor (518 posts) -

@wis3boi:

I know your sad, trust me it shows. Cry much little boy. Learn to ignore what you cannot accept.

#298 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1520 posts) -

its because 99% of pc games get pirated and for a game like GTA 5 which is a story driven game....millions will pirate it just to play the single player.

thats another reason why I feel PC gaming sucks, they shot themselves in the foot, all the best games are for consoles in a timely manner.

#299 Edited by highking_kallor (518 posts) -

@wis3boi: No comment? That's unlike you big mouth. Don't you love me anymore minion?

#300 Edited by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

I've noticed from this section something..

Most anti-PC threads are based on trolling or bending/lying of information. No real argument. Is it always like this?

Yep, it's pretty much always like that, welcome to System Wars Murphy!