The Witcher 2 looks like a console action RPG more than anything...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEUazuUBZ4Y

10 minute gameplay video, with combat.

Unlike the previous game it has no free isometric camera, it doesn't have the mouse interface while in game , instead it has twitchy dodge mechanics, mash to attack, fixed camera, and a combat interface taken straight from Dragon Age (console version)

Works like a console action RPG ala Fable III or Demon Souls.

The Witcher 2 looks better in almost every way than the Witcher , I'm not saying it doesn't, but how do PC gamers feel about the sudden change in direction.

The point I'm trying to make is, people should stop putting down other RPG's, while hyping The Witcher 2 as the only true PC RPG, it's really in the same ball as any of those games.

And I think that it's kind of bad how every developer completely shifts focus the first chance they get.

Discuss.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Fable with good graphics confirmed?
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Good news.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Even if it did, why does it matter.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GeneralShowzer

Good news.IronBass
Maybe.

The Witcher 2 seems like it will be the better game, but that's because of the increased budget more than anything. And the experience the developers got.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

This video begs to differ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5_8gGR9ns&feature=related

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]This video begs to differ.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5_8gGR9ns&feature=related

Old Build. Mine is newer.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]This video begs to differ.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5_8gGR9ns&feature=related

So you really think; they going to remove features...? Right...
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]This video begs to differ.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs5_8gGR9ns&feature=related

So you really think; they going to remove features...? Right...

I don't know what features you're talking about... if your talking about the camera, check my newly released video, it's not there.
NanoMan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NanoMan88
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Whats the point of this thread, did anyone miss the boring combat of the old one? It wasnt strategic in anyway, just click your mouse whenever u see the arrow turn orange, hell half the time I didnt even need to take the extra effort to face the enemy as the game did that. Really this looks like a much better improvement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
no free isometric camera,GeneralShowzer
Good, the isometric camera was terrible
it doesn't have the mouse interface while in gameGeneralShowzer
Neither did the first one, unless you paused the game. Anyway, it looks much better than the first one. The Witcher had terrible gameplay....
milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Unlike the previous game it has no free isometric camera, it doesn't have the mouse interface while in game , instead it has twitchy dodge mechanics, mash to attack, fixed camera, and a combat interface taken straight from Dragon Age (console version)

The Witcher 2 looks better in almost every way than the Witcher , I'm not saying it doesn't, but how do PC gamers feel about the sudden change in direction.

Discuss.

GeneralShowzer

You seem to feel very insecure about these issues.

The only usable camera angle in TW was the one they kept for the sequel. So what? The game looks awesome, and from what I've seen in this video, gameplay isn't light years away (well, let's say that some idiot playing seems to particularly love doing barrel rolls for some reason... Noone forces use to overuse it like him).

The real question for gamers is : will the Witcher 2 offer a great story, and will choices be numerous and have a real influence on the story? Because that's what TW was all aout. Combat was nothing special, so trying to change it is a good thing per se.

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

dat pony tail. My attention keeps going to that xD

Anyways I didnt think the combat in TW was bad nor good... just medicore. The story and influence was what made it a great overall experience. I'm glad they are trying to make the combat more enjoyable.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeneralShowzer

Even if it did, why does it matter. AAllxxjjnn
Well, PC gamers have been bragging how this is the true deep PC RPG, and putting down every other RPG, while it's really a console type action game.
The real question for gamers is : will the Witcher 2 offer a great story, and will choices be numerous and have a real influence on the story? Because that's what TW was all aout. Combat was nothing special, so trying to change it is a good thing per se.

milannoir

Wouldn't real gamers ask about the game-play first and story second?

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GeneralShowzer

Oh give it a rest already, it does not look like a console actino rpg.

kozzy1234

Ok, what does it do different than Fable III?

What PC specific feature does it use to separate it from console action RPGs ?

Can you answer me that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Wouldn't real gamers ask about the game-play first and story second?

GeneralShowzer

With how terrible the first game's gameplay was, I don't think any Witcher fans care.

killzoneded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 killzoneded
Member since 2011 • 486 Posts

Discuss.

GeneralShowzer

It is made for consoles from day one, the engine, interface and you will notice how it is always on paths than wide open spaces

They hire people for 360 development as we speak too, so obviously is like that because is coming to consoles

It even has native xbox360 pad support

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
do you have any link or something to prove what you say or just beacause you posted a video without those features been shown all of a sudden means they removed them?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]Wouldn't real gamers ask about the game-play first and story second?

Guppy507

With how terrible the first game's gameplay was, I don't think any Witcher fans care.

Cool opinion? Even if that was, why wouldn't they improve it, instead they changed complete direction towards console street.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#22 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

Discuss.

killzoneded

It is made for consoles from day one, the engine, interface and you will notice how it is always on paths than wide open spaces

They hire people for 360 development as we speak too, so obviously is like that because is coming to consoles

Just like The Witcher1 was comign to consoles for sure years ago right? They hired peopel to work on that and that got canned.

This is a pc exclusives that MIGHT be coming to consoles one day.

Hell, ARMA2 had peopel working on a version for cosnoles but that never came out either.
Did you forget about The WItcher1 being worked on for consoles and then canned?

I had a friend bet em 25$ taht The Witcher1 would come to consoles soon after the pc version but that never happened, they had people working on it but it got cancelled. Same thign could happen with the Witcher2 we will see. But as of right now its beign built ground up for PC with HOPE that they can port it to consoles one day (might not come to consoles though just like Witcher didnt, even though they said they were working on The Wticher1 for consoles)

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

[QUOTE="Guppy507"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]Wouldn't real gamers ask about the game-play first and story second?

GeneralShowzer

Cool opinion? Even if that was, why wouldn't they improve it, instead they changed complete direction towards console street.

how is that "console street" please elaborate.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

Guppy507

This is what I was gonna say. Any new gameplay is an improvement over witcher 1 lol
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

OMG so beautiful and combat looks okay. Still not planning to get this game through.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Oh give it a rest already, it does not look like a console actino rpg.

kozzy1234

Ok, what does it do different than Fable III? What PC specific feature does it use to separate it from console action RPGs ?

Did you even play Fable???? There was NO story or good characters there, one of the worst stories/characters ever for an rpg. The Witcher2 looks to have an epic story with great characters. There is plenty more I could list, but to compare The Witcher2 to Fable3 shows your ignorance.

A console action rpg would be Gothic4, were they took everything away and made a crap game, The Witcher2 looks fantastic, haters gonna hate though.

"OH NO!!! NOT THE WHEEL IN WITCHER2!! THE CONSOLIZED!"
Comparing Fable3 to The Witcher series is hilarious and shows your ignorance.

Even in your big and insulting post, you didn't answer my question.

An epic story is not a PC specific feature

:|

What PC specific feature does it have to separate it from Fable III?

I'm talking about the combat or the interface. Gothic IV was simplified from Gothic III, I don't know why you bring it in the discussion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Lulz, the 1st one was a mindless click fest, at least this one tries to improve, even some console RPGs had better combat.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Guppy507"] With how terrible the first game's gameplay was, I don't think any Witcher fans care.

Deadbeatcobra

how is that "console street" please elaborate.

Well,read the OP. Complete change in direction towards consoles. It's a multi-platform game trough and trough.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

If you pay attention, you'll see that the rolls for each attack are being shown in the bottom right side of the screen. While every single type of game has a statistical background to define outcome of actions,I identify showing rolls as a typical PC stuff.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#30 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Ok, what does it do different than Fable III? What PC specific feature does it use to separate it from console action RPGs ?GeneralShowzer

Did you even play Fable???? There was NO story or good characters there, one of the worst stories/characters ever for an rpg. The Witcher2 looks to have an epic story with great characters. There is plenty more I could list, but to compare The Witcher2 to Fable3 shows your ignorance.

A console action rpg would be Gothic4, were they took everything away and made a crap game, The Witcher2 looks fantastic, haters gonna hate though.

I'm talking about the combat or the interface. Gothic IV was simplified from Gothic III, I don't know why you bring it in the discussion.

Im talkign about overall here, story cahracters is what I need in an rpg, the gameplay is a bonus. Understand? Nothing I said in that post was insulting, but if you take it that way then fine go ahead.

The game world looks huge and awesome grpahics, the story and characters look good, the gameplay looks improved, you comaring it to Fable3 is hilarious, that game was garbage.

everything is improved jsut look at the videos.

But there is no talkign to you, sayign games suck ebfore they are out, its hilarious.

MR "I review games before they are out"

Everyone saw how shallow you are about videogames when you made the thread about THE WITCHER HAS THE WHEEL!! CONSOLIZED!!" You got clowed non stop in that thread, lets re-visit shall we?

You make no good legit points at all, just call The WItcher consolized and compare it to Fable3 now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
[QUOTE="Guppy507"]

GeneralShowzer

How is this not improved over the first one?
killzoneded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 killzoneded

[QUOTE="killzoneded"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

Discuss.

kozzy1234

Just like The Witcher1 was comign to consoles for sure years ago right? They hired peopel to work on that and that got canned.

Hell, ARMA2 had peopel working on a version for cosnoles but that never came out either.

I had a friend bet em 25$ taht The Witcher1 would come to consoles soon after the pc version but that never happened, they had people working on it but it got cancelled. Same thign could happen with the Witcher2 we will see. But as of right now its beign built ground up for PC with HOPE that they can port it to consoles one day (might not come to consoles though just like Witcher didnt, even though they said they were working on The Wticher1 for consoles)

First of all, Withcer 1 cancellation does not in any shape or form mean that Withcer 2 will not come to consoles

Also W1 was made for PC and they tried to port to consoles, which is 100% different than Withcer 2 that is already confirmed to be running on xbox 360

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="killzoneded"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

Discuss.

kozzy1234

The Witcher was supposed to be ported to consoles by a third party company, which ran out of funds.

They have nothing to do with CD Projekt. You don't make a multiform engine, just for the **** of it, in hopes to bring it to consoles ONE FAR AWAY DAY.

It was made for consoles from day one. The Witcher 2 is a multi-platform game from the begining, and all of the changes made are for the multi-platform nature of the game.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Guppy507"] With how terrible the first game's gameplay was, I don't think any Witcher fans care.

Guppy507

It's not improved it's completely revamped to suit consoles. It might be better, sure, I don't know.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

Doesn't matter what it looks like. It's what it actually is that counts.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

Im talkign about overall here, story cahracters is what I need in an rpg, the gameplay is a bonus. Understand? Nothing I said in that post was insulting, but if you take it that way then fine go ahead.

The game world looks huge and awesome grpahics, the story and characters look good, the gameplay looks improved, you comaring it to Fable3 is hilarious, that game was garbage.

No, I don't understand how the game-play can be a bonus in an RPG.

Demon Souls is one of the best RPG's this gen and it barely even have a story.

Nothing in my post related to story or characters... You still didn't answer my question. It plays the same as Fable III. It might not be super easy or insanely imbalanced, but that's the idea with the combat. Fable III or Demon Souls..

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Fun combat is not allowed in pc games now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Even in your big and insulting post, you didn't answer my question.

GeneralShowzer

Nothing in my post related to story or characters... You still didn't answer my question. It plays the same as Fable III. It might not be super easy or insanely imbalanced, but that's the idea with the combat. Fable III or Demon Souls..

Demon's Souls would have worked better with a kb/mouse, and The Witcher 2 still has all the dice rolls in the background.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

It was made for consoles from day one. The Witcher 2 is a multi-platform game from the begining, and all of the changes made are for the multi-platform nature of the game.

GeneralShowzer

What changes? Removing the terrible isometric camera? Making the gameplay look fun? Making a... *gasp*... radial menu for sign selection instead of?!

How is any of this any worse than the clunky U.I. and lame gameplay of the first game?

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

Demon's Souls would have worked better with a kb/mouse, and The Witcher 2 still has all the dice rolls in the background.

So would Fable III, and it does have dice rolls. ( I think..most probably it does)
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Consoles get good features, game designs and games as well. No harm in emulating these features if they improve the overall game.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Witcher 1 had 3 different camera modes, your random video means nothing. :? There is no reason they can't have both one like Witcher 1, and a different one that also works with controllers. Why do you hate options? Why do you think you can judge such a major part of a game from a single video? :roll: Even if this video was the only way, what makes it a console RPG? How is it that different PC from like RPGs like Risen? What because you can roll?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

Guppy507

What changes? Removing the terrible isometric camera? Making the gameplay look fun? Making a... *gasp*... radial menu for sign selection instead of?!

How is any of this any worse than the clunky U.I. and lame gameplay of the first game?

Uhm...yes...Those changes..exactly. It's a console action RPG now. And that The Witcher was some kind of an abomination in gaming, remember is only your opinion.
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

I'm gonna horribly butcher up your post structure for the sake of clarity, so forgive me.

1. Unlike the previous game it has no free isometric camera,

2. it doesn't have the mouse interface while in game ,

3. instead it has twitchy dodge mechanics, mash to attack,

4. and a combat interface taken straight from Dragon Age (console version)

Discuss.

GeneralShowzer

1. This sucks. Hopefully you can still zoom out quite far.

2. I hate whoever decided this. Radial menu = bad...

3. Not really a bad thing. Or a console thing. Kinda reminds me of the double tap to dodge in UT.

4. Radial menu again? FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#45 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Guppy507

Because it doesn't have mindless clicking.:lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-58b6232955e4a

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] No, I don't understand how the game-play can be a bonus in an RPG.

GeneralShowzer

So would Fable III, and it does have dice rolls. ( I think..most probably it does)

Fable doesn't, it has five tiers of damage (I think it's five) that are the same every time you attack. I wouldn't even consider Fable an Rpg.

Mafty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mafty
Member since 2003 • 74 Posts
i know the point of this thread is negative, but for some reason the title makes me happy. action RPG FTW.
killzoneded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killzoneded

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

Demons Souls would loose 99% of its appeal with a keyboard and mouse for me

daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
[QUOTE="Deadbeatcobra"]

dat pony tail. My attention keeps going to that xD

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't look away from it. It was like someone waiving a pocket watch back and forth while they said "You are getting sleepy, very sleepy"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

[QUOTE="Guppy507"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Cool opinion? Even if that was, why wouldn't they improve it, instead they changed complete direction towards console street.GeneralShowzer

It's not improved it's completely revamped to suit consoles. It might be better, sure, I don't know.

Or maybe it's revamped because the old system was bad? The U.I. was okay at best and the combat/controls were clunky and bad. In this, the combat looks fluid. Unless fluid combat isn't allowed on PC, I don't see what you're getting at.