The Witcher 2 looks like a console action RPG more than anything...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#101 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

You said The Witcher = Consolized because of THE WHEEL, just stop it already.

kozzy1234
Find me the exact same quote? i did a comparison between how DA:O works, and How The Witcher 2 works, and how you chose spells and bind them works exactly the same. The rest is your interpretation of what I might have said.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

GeneralShowzer
Find me the exact same quote? i did a comparison between how DA:O works, and How The Witcher 2 works, and how you chose spells and bind them works exactly the same. The rest is your interpretation of what I might have said.

Again, are you basing this off some "I am a developer, here is exactly how the game works", or random footage where we have no idea if its going to be different with separate control schemes (which the first witcher did have).
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

110million

Again, are you basing this off some "I am a developer, here is exactly how the game works", or random footage where we have no idea if its going to be different with separate control schemes (which the first witcher did have).

That video is played with a mouse. So there is no separate control schemes yet. They said that the UI works with a mouse and with a controller, they didn't say that it was separate.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GeneralShowzer

haha, now you are saying you never psoted that, just leave it already.

Many people have roasted you because of your childish comments about The Witcher bign consolized because of the wheeel.

In fact, someone in the pc section showed me the thread, I literally spilled my coffee when I saw it. You said The Witcher2 was going to be consolized because of the Wheel it used, now stop trying to deny it like a child and move on to your next big JUMP TO CONCLUSSION thread.

kozzy1234
So again...your interpretation of what I might have said... I used the term "console wheel", but it's because it's the same control scheme that Bioware uses in their console games (not in their PC games)
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GeneralShowzer
That looks beautiful.TheGuardian03
Yes it looks good :P
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
BTW, I noitced a trend, back in 2008 or 2009, The Witcher was acclaimed unanimously on System Wars board, but now all I see is the hate. What happened?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GeneralShowzer

BTW, I noitced a trend, back in 2008 or 2009, The Witcher was acclaimed unanimously on System Wars board, but now all I see is the hate. What happened?Salt_The_Fries
This is not a HATE thread.

killzoneded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#110 killzoneded
Member since 2011 • 486 Posts

The devs have confirmed that the game supports both mouse and keyboard and gamepad.

They said they built TWO different interfaces to best handle the two types of input.

That's EXACTLY what we PC gamers want. More options (M&K or controller) and care taken to seperate the two, giving us a control scheme/camera/GUI that takes into account the strengths and weaknesses of BOTH.

I wish more devs did this.

Hell, most devs will actually tell you right off the bat that they're too lazy to do that! Bioware, for example.

Kinthalis

Indeed, making the game for xbox 360 actually benefited the PC version as well, both with a more efficient engine and more control options

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"]BTW, I noitced a trend, back in 2008 or 2009, The Witcher was acclaimed unanimously on System Wars board, but now all I see is the hate. What happened?GeneralShowzer

This is not a HATE thread.

I wasn't referring to you, though :)
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

Ehh Witcher 2 is being streamlined...but it's not like the First one had this amazing uber deep combat to begin with.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#113 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Who cares? The combat in the Witcher was horrible in my opinion, I don't really care what the combat is like as long as the rest of the game is good.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GeneralShowzer

Ehh Witcher 2 is being streamlined...but it's not like the First one had this amazing uber deep combat to begin with.

Kandlegoat
It's not streamlined as it has been completely revamped as a multi-platform game.
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts

The first Witcher had 5 different signs. A radial menu works perfectly fine for that. Besides, it was a hassle to change signs in the first game. You had to pause the game to get your mouse cursor on screen, then you had to manually select what sign you wanted. In this, it looks much faster, taking you out of combat for a shorter period of time. It reminds me of choosing your suit abliity in Crysis.

Guppy507

1-5. Simple and elegant.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

GeneralShowzer
It's not streamlined as it has been completely revamped as a multi-platform game.

Or the devs liked the combat of Demon's Souls and they wanted similar combat...
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

GeneralShowzer

Wth are you saying dude. Witcher had a pretty simple combat, nothing a gamepad can't handle. It was no DA:O.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

Or the devs liked the combat of Demon's Souls and they wanted similar combat...

They wanted a console style combat ,UI, camera, everything. And they..got it.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GeneralShowzer

haha, now you are saying you never psoted that, just leave it already.

Many people have roasted you because of your childish comments about The Witcher bign consolized because of the wheeel.

In fact, someone in the pc section showed me the thread, I literally spilled my coffee when I saw it. You said The Witcher2 was going to be consolized because of the Wheel it used, now stop trying to deny it like a child and move on to your next big JUMP TO CONCLUSSION thread.

kozzy1234
Can you tell me what consolised means?
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 110million

Q. Will we be able to hotkey signs and potions (for example igni assigned to "E") instead of using them from the radial menu ?

A. Players will be able to bind hotkeys.

Right from the developer. On the official forums, under Ask the Devs thread. :)

DarkStraberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DarkStraberry
Member since 2009 • 572 Posts
Not sure I understand what the "mighty PC gameplay" is exactly. Do you hold Baldurs' Gate gameplay has a seal of excellence? even over the story and John Irenicus? Not saying it's bad, but if you say that gameplay can't be improved then I disagree with you.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="110million"]Q. Will we be able to hotkey signs and potions (for example igni assigned to "E") instead of using them from the radial menu ? A. Players will be able to bind hotkeys. Right from the developer. On the official forums, under Ask the Devs thread. :)

Ambiguous response at best. :) He didn't want to clarify on anything. And it's not really the point. The game has shifted 100% towards consoles, that's the point of this topic. Is it good or bad?
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

[QUOTE="h575309"]

Its kind of ironic that when a PC exclusive clearly looks like its being "consolized" away from its predecessor that hermits defend it blindly.

Yet its almost guaranteed that if this was coming to consoles as well they'd be screaming "CONSOLIZATIONZ"

Funny how things work out like that.

GeneralShowzer

How can a PC exclusive be consolised? It may be simplified, but consolised, no.

The difference?

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 110million
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"]Q. Will we be able to hotkey signs and potions (for example igni assigned to "E") instead of using them from the radial menu ? A. Players will be able to bind hotkeys. Right from the developer. On the official forums, under Ask the Devs thread. :)

Ambiguous response at best. :) He didn't want to clarify on anything. And it's not really the point. The game has shifted 100% towards consoles, that's the point of this topic. Is it good or bad?

Q. apologize if I ask again (but I would like a reply a little more specific, if possible) you can assign a button for each sign? A. Yes, that's the idea:) I got a 2nd one just for you. :) I just wanted to see how far you were willing to go with you're false beliefs.
edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Not sure I understand what the "mighty PC gameplay" is exactly. Do you hold Baldurs' Gate gameplay has a seal of excellence? even over the story and John Irenicus? Not saying it's bad, but if you say that gameplay can't be improved then I disagree with you. DarkStraberry

I think the TC is just trolling. Trying to make fun of the consolized word by picking a game, combat of which was everything but deep and complex in the first place.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="h575309"]

Its kind of ironic that when a PC exclusive clearly looks like its being "consolized" away from its predecessor that hermits defend it blindly.

Yet its almost guaranteed that if this was coming to consoles as well they'd be screaming "CONSOLIZATIONZ"

Funny how things work out like that.

h575309

How can a PC exclusive be consolised? It may be simplified, but consolised, no.

The difference?

Well Crysis 2 is consolised (a lot smaller FOV, slower game-play, cover system instead of lean prone, streamlined powers,low res textures, bloom, no graphics option, and well a hell of other stuff) But i wouldn't say it's simplified.
haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

[QUOTE="110million"]Q. Will we be able to hotkey signs and potions (for example igni assigned to "E") instead of using them from the radial menu ? A. Players will be able to bind hotkeys. Right from the developer. On the official forums, under Ask the Devs thread. :) GeneralShowzer

My only problem with consoles are dumb games, linear levels full of half-walls, removal of gear etc. etc.

Basically: consoles ruin games by forcing simplification in every aspect. If TW2 doesn't do that, nbd.

On the other hand if this becomes a linear, no gear required, no thinking required DA2 mess: I'm done.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"]Q. Will we be able to hotkey signs and potions (for example igni assigned to "E") instead of using them from the radial menu ? A. Players will be able to bind hotkeys. Right from the developer. On the official forums, under Ask the Devs thread. :)

Q. apologize if I ask again (but I would like a reply a little more specific, if possible) you can assign a button for each sign? A. Yes, that's the idea:) I got a 2nd one just for you. :) I just wanted to see how far you were willing to go with you're false beliefs.

Ok, that's good, but it still doesn't say much about the 100% shift in direction in the franchise. That's what the topic is about.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 110million

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"]Q. Will we be able to hotkey signs and potions (for example igni assigned to "E") instead of using them from the radial menu ? A. Players will be able to bind hotkeys. Right from the developer. On the official forums, under Ask the Devs thread. :) haberman13

My only problem with consoles are dumb games, linear half-walls, removal of gear etc. etc.

Basically: consoles ruin games by forcing simplification in every aspect. If TW2 doesn't do that, nbd.

On the other hand if this becomes a linear, no gear required, no thinking required DA2 mess: I'm done.

There is far more gear in Witcher 2 as opposed to 1, they have also said many times that button mashing will get you killed. One of the devs said they were in inspired by Demon's Souls, which yes, is a console game, but the inspiration was related to difficulty, not gameplay. He used demon's souls to explain that games are too dumbed down these days.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 110million
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Ambiguous response at best. :) He didn't want to clarify on anything. And it's not really the point. The game has shifted 100% towards consoles, that's the point of this topic. Is it good or bad?

Ok, that's good, but it still doesn't say much about the 100% shift in direction in the franchise. That's what the topic is about.

I knew you'd keep going down this path. If you were absolutely wrong about one thing, making your entire wheel thread pretty much moot, whats to say all your other assumptions aren't wrong?
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

[QUOTE="h575309"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] How can a PC exclusive be consolised? It may be simplified, but consolised, no.GeneralShowzer

The difference?

Well Crysis 2 is consolised (a lot smaller FOV, slower game-play, cover system instead of lean prone, streamlined powers,low res textures, bloom, no graphics option, and well a hell of other stuff) But i wouldn't say it's simplified.

Streamlined powers is simplified.

Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandlegoat"]

GeneralShowzer

Either way...it was obvious this was bound to happen....what can anyone do about it?

My advice: Lay off the Witcher 2 hate threads and make more threads to promote Tell-Tale Adventure games. :)

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GeneralShowzer

The difference?

h575309

Well, the powers are all there, but it's there to suit the limited controls of consoles :P
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"] Q. apologize if I ask again (but I would like a reply a little more specific, if possible) you can assign a button for each sign? A. Yes, that's the idea:) I got a 2nd one just for you. :) I just wanted to see how far you were willing to go with you're false beliefs.

I knew you'd keep going down this path. If you were absolutely wrong about one thing, making your entire wheel thread pretty much moot, whats to say all your other assumptions aren't wrong?

How does it make my point moot? Think about it. I can use the numerical keys for weapons in MW2, I can use them to change tools in Batman : Arkham Asulym. Are you telling me these are not 100% focused on consoles?
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 110million

The difference?

h575309

Powers are better in Crysis 2 I'd say, there is now an easy to use and pre-set hotkey for each one even, plus there is a bunch of new ones. Instead of max strength for jumping, punching, etc, you just hold down the button, and now you can mix powers too. I'd say its better in every way.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="h575309"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Well Crysis 2 is consolised (a lot smaller FOV, slower game-play, cover system instead of lean prone, streamlined powers,low res textures, bloom, no graphics option, and well a hell of other stuff) But i wouldn't say it's simplified.110million

Powers are better in Crysis 2 I'd say, there is now an easy to use and pre-set hotkey for each one even, plus there is a bunch of new ones. Instead of max strength for jumping, punching, etc, you just hold down the button, and now you can mix powers too. I'd say its better in every way.

It isn't. The port they did was so bad, you can't even use the mouse wheel to change powers. It feels sluggish and slow. In Crysis it was fast and smooth and you didn't need to asign keys.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 110million
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] Ok, that's good, but it still doesn't say much about the 100% shift in direction in the franchise. That's what the topic is about.

How does it make my point moot? Think about it. I can use the numerical keys for weapons in MW2, I can use them to change tools in Batman : Arkham Asulym. Are you telling me these are not 100% focused on consoles?

Yes, thats what I'm telling you, thats what everyone is telling you. Do you even know what 100% focus on consoles would mean? Jesus christ, the game can't even be done on consoles in its current state. I'm done with this thread, and I'm NEVER replying to one of these threads again, you can't be for real. There is so much proof that they are focusing on making a great PC experience, but also one that works on consoles, I just don't understand what your game is. What is wrong with option, with allowing more people to enjoy a game equally? The game has not suffered at all. You spent an entire giant thread arguing about the wheel, a developer said you don't need to use it, you can use hot keys, making it like EVERY OTHER PC RPG EXCLUSIVE. I just don't see why this is SO hard for you to understand. GOOD DAY SIR.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"] I knew you'd keep going down this path. If you were absolutely wrong about one thing, making your entire wheel thread pretty much moot, whats to say all your other assumptions aren't wrong?

Yes, thats what I'm telling you, thats what everyone is telling you. Do you even know what 100% focus on consoles would mean? Jesus christ, the game can't even be done on consoles in its current state. I'm done with this thread, and I'm NEVER replying to one of these threads again, you can't be for real. There is so much proof that they are focusing on making a great PC experience, but also one that works on consoles, I just don't understand what your game is. What is wrong with option, with allowing more people to enjoy a game equally? The game has not suffered at all. You spent an entire giant thread arguing about the wheel, a developer said you don't need to use it, you can use hot keys, making it like EVERY OTHER PC RPG EXCLUSIVE. I just don't see why this is SO hard for you to understand. GOOD DAY SIR.

Uhm..good day? You don't get my point at all, but that's ok i guess.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Game pads are better for melee centric games, just a fact. Biasing towards kb/m for these is stupid. Would like to see couple buttons devoted just to melee abilities, with combos 'n such, not that leap into the air, not that have jump canceling or an invul clip when you roll/jump, just to have the amount of attacks as say, bayonetta. This, looks sadly to me like, simple left click = melee attack (and is just spammed mindlessly) something is roll, and you can bind up spells... :(

But, it looks decently playable, unlike say, Oblivion, so it should be 'fine' just a shame no rpg I've ever played has amazing combat..
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#140 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

" It doesn't feel toned down. It doesn't feel dumbed down. It simply feels smarter and more confident."

Oh yeah, that quote from a preview sure sounds like its consolized :roll:

I guess better = consolized now? Give me a break.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 GeneralShowzer

" It doesn't feel toned down. It doesn't feel dumbed down. It simply feels smarter and more confident."

Oh yeah, that quote from a preview sure sounds like its consolized :roll:

I guess better = consolized now? Give me a break.

kozzy1234

It has nothing to do with it. Console UI,camera,combat = consolised. How better it is has nothing to do with it.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

I know this hurts General :lol:

Did you read the OP?
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#145 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

My you certainly know how to make a topic GeneralShowzer. :P

I'm not going to get involve. I'm not a fan of all this consolized talk. I'll just say that The Witcher 2 looks good.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 kozzy1234

"The combat has absolutely not been dumbed down," Gop said, "nor has the game been consolised."

striaght from the mouth of the dudes making it.

So now we have previews (from people who have played some of it) saying its not dumbed down and the people who worked on it saying its not dumbed down.

Who to belive... someone (who has not played any of it) who says its consolized because of "THE WHEEL" or websites/magaiznes that have seen/played some of the game live?

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
The Witcher 1's combat system wasn't exactly deep either.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 GeneralShowzer

"The combat has absolutely not been dumbed down," Gop said, "nor has the game been consolised."

striaght from the mouth of the dudes making it.

So now we have previews (from people who have played some of it) saying its not dumbed down and the people who worked on it saying its not dumbed down.

Who to belive... someone (who has not played any of it) who says its consolized because of "THE WHEEL" or websites/magaiznes that have seen/played some of the game live?

kozzy1234

I never said that the game is dumbed down.

In it's curent state, the combat is pure console action RPG, along with the combat, the UI/Menus and pretty much everything else screams focus on consoles and controllers. Really a glance at that video is enough proof of everything. Believe what you want.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 kozzy1234

The Witcher 1's combat system wasn't exactly deep either.Marka1700

"It doesn't feel toned down. It doesn't feel dumbed down. It simply feels smarter and more confident"

Improved combat FTW I hope :P

In all honesty better combat is really the main thing that I wanted improved for The Witcher2. If they have fixed that and improved everything else a little like it soudns like, Ill be a happy camper.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#150 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

Didn't they say they were switching the view and mechanics to something similar to Batman AA? How is this new?