The Wii has more power than you think

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

The wii is awesome!

Super Mario RULES.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#202 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Anyone who thinks Wii has 360 or PS3 graphics is kidding themselves. Anyone who thinks the Wii has last gen graphics is kidding themselves. It's superior to all of last gens consoles but it is easily this gens weakest. Even so I don't see why anyone cares about it's power since last gen everyone was going crazy over the PS2 even though it was the weakest console. Yet everyone still loved it despite it's worse graphics.

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts
This post makes me recall all those people who use to write articles about "The hidden power of the PS2". The best looking games on the system so far, to me, are actually by Capcom. Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside are the best looking ground up Wii games. Conduit ended up both looking and playing mediocre, which anyone who looked at the game objectively could see coming from a mile away. The hype around it really had a heavy stench of Red Steel to it. I'd be happy just to see the Wii do more games that look as good to me as Doom 3 and Chaos Theory on the Xbox. The previously mentioned Capcom games are the only ones that even come close, but they are just lightgun games. Resident Evil Archives still compares favorably, (yes I'm aware it uses pre-rendered backdrops) but, well.... it's a Gamecube game. Oh well, they told us up front they weren't focusing on the hardware, and they sure didn't lie.
brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

Anyone who thinks Wii has 360 or PS3 graphics is kidding themselves. Anyone who thinks the Wii has last gen graphics is kidding themselves. It's superior to all of last gens consoles but it is easily this gens weakest. Even so I don't see why anyone cares about it's power since last gen everyone was going crazy over the PS2 even though it was the weakest console. Yet everyone still loved it despite it's worse graphics.

Pixel-Pirate

Well the graphical difference between wii and the other consoles is drastically different than the difference between ps2 and the other consoles.

thunderf00t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 thunderf00t
Member since 2009 • 948 Posts

Well the graphical difference between wii and the other consoles is drastically different than the difference between ps2 and the other consoles.

brennan7777

Yeah, I'd say the Wii is more like the Dreamcast of this gen (The DC did after all, start the last generation), than the PS2, in terms of power. The gap is much bigger. Look at say, RE4, and how PS2 was able to pull it off in a way that was actually pretty faithful to the original version. (GC after all, was basically just as powerful as the Xbox) Then look at say, Farcry Instincts or Modern Warfare on the Wii, which are actually no where near the original versions, in any fashion.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

I'm gonna let this old thread rest in peace.