The propoganda against Sony is so blatant from gaming media

• 172 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Technofro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Technofro
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Killzone reviewed decent, but there is still an underlyning issue that needs to be adressed.

Are we supposed to believe that the same gaming media who:

●tries to downplay every advantage the PS4 has over the xbone; even went out of their way to claim that a 50-60% advantage in performance for the PS4 meant little, and that 1080p now doesnt matter while implying 720p on xbox is better

Who:

●tried to defend Microsoft's grotesque anti-consumer DRM and always online schemes

IS going to give a PS4 game a fair shake and review it fairly? Yeah, im not buying it one bit because im not dumb.

-The same gaming media who rushes to Microsoft's defense at every turn

-The same gaming media who tries to downplay everything Playstation

Can people not put two and two together to get four anymore? This is getting ridiculous

I was reading the IGN review of Killzone.There was a giant PAID AD for RYSE front and center in-between all the text, just distracting.

This means Microsoft paid IGN for that ad. Thats how IGN makes their money. We must understand that ad revenue is how game sites operate. It starts getting into "bribing territory." IGN now "decides" to display a PAID FOR AD of RYSE all over their review of Killzone. How much more blatant can it get? Did the review of Killzone go down a point or half a point as a result of? Very serious question to ponder or ask.

Gamespot and Eurogamer gave Killzone a 7. Joystick and Kotoku panned it. Polygon gave it a 5 which is just insane. But read those "reviews" too. It was just blatant hate, and double standards - criticisms against Killzone that other FPS are much more guilty of yet are never called out on for (*cough* Call of Duty/Battlefield/Halo 4 *cough*) When you look how much effort went into making Killzone, its sad to see how unfailry Guerilla Games is getting treated due to political BS in the gaming media. Makes you sick in the stomach

(BTW Polygon has already been exposed. They were FUNDED by Microsoft and have recieved money from them many times)

Then there is the way Knack is being panned for something its NOT. It was meant to be a simple game to enjoy with your kids etc.

(Even if you look back at most reviews from this gen from the usual suspect sites, you will notice how harsher standards were only ever applied to playstation exclusives. A playstation exclusive was docked points for "flaws" that were other wise ignored in nearly every other game. Was insane. There has been a history of this BS. We cant ignore it. Lets call all of this out for what it is. This needs to be stopped. There needs to be consistenecy across the board)

The same sudden harsher standards better be applied to xbone launch games or else.

When the barebones QTE riddled Ryse gets good reviews just for looking good and being a "showpiece" title, while Killzone- the best looking next gen launch game by miles still gets shunned by critics, THAT will confirm everything and prove there is a agenda in gaming media (against Playstation and for Microsoft)

Are the same gaming "journalists" who penalised a PS4 game for any little flaw they could find, going to suddenly ignore worse flaws in Dead Rising 3 and give it good reviews despite its severe performance issues? That will confirm it too.

Forza is more of the same old -same old shit, but I bet these so called gaming "reviewers" will eat it up because $ tells them to like anything that has the Microsoft name attached to its box.

As gamers we owe it to ourselfes to speak out against this BS. As a gamer of over 15 years it irks me to see whats going on, how Microsoft just buys off everyone and thinks they can buy their problems away. This must be stopped. We must FIGHT Microsoft OFF like we did during the xbone DRM/always online scandles. Do not allow any xbox shills or die-hard xboners to silence you.

And my recommendation to you, any of my fellow gamers is this, dont listen to any of these reviews of PS4 games, If YOU are interested in a PS4 game, rent it- get it, what ever, PLAY it for yourself, enjoy it, and come to your own conclusions

Anyway, these so called reviews arent going to deter me. Dont let it deter you. Still got Killzone and Knack pre-ordered!! Cant wait to play them! Happy Playstation day my fellow gamers! Just 2 more days baby! PS4 is going to be huge! PS4 has PS2 vibes of popularity in the air. Nothing IS STOPPING this PS4 freight trane. Keep trying all you want M$ and gaming media. We the gamers have the power. Youre only going to get exposed further and further;)

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

tinfoilhat.jpg

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

lololololololololololol

That hurt to type. Understand my pain.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Wobblewobble.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

we can't blame em when M$ is filling their pockets. If I was paid a generous amount + the swag I would even trash Sony for all they are worth. XD

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@Gue1 said:

we can't blame em when M$ is filling their pockets. If I was paid a generous amount + the swag I would even trash Sony for all they are worth. XD

yeah sure cows be crying because SONy DOESNT HAVE THEIR SH*T TOGETHER. Sorry you picked a loser.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL cows are having a meltdown.

Yes cow, the world is out to get you.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Xbone is the third most powerful console slightly behind PS3 and WiiU. It's not really in competition with PS4.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@technofro said:

There was a PAID ADD for RYSE right there front and center in IGN's review of Killzone.

You want to know what that means? It means Microsoft paid IGN for that add; thats how IGN makes their money - now we are getting into "bribing teriority" ...and IGN put that PAID FOR ADD of RYSE right there in their review of Killzone. How much more blatant and shady can you get.

paid advertisement? you're upset over a paid advertisement?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Shewgenja is this your alt?, for shame.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Didnt Sony fly everyone out to a fancy hotel and give them free ps4s? lololololololololololol

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Salty Mc Damagectrl

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Cows meltdown and DC is best meltdown and DC.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Hahahaha cows are just comedic gold today. This is just priceless. Next thing you'll hear is MS paid Guerrilla games to make a subpar game.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

MS took nothing but flack from the gaming media since the E3 presentation, and they slowly gained that respect back by reversing controversial policies, trying to squeeze more juice from it, and having more exposure of the product at gaming events while Sony just expected to ride the wave that MS's bad E3 press did for their image.

Keep in mind nothing is guaranteeing a smooth launch for MS either, if stuff goes wrong there people will forget all about the PS4's problems... well, they'll both be the subject of ridicule at least, which is much better than being the only subject of ridicule.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

What? The media is still hyping Killzone.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

yeah, they have really been after poor poor sony.

"Knack: Mark Cerny's Stepping Stone Into the Future"

"Sony's secret weapon."

"Cerny plugged away at defining the future for the PlayStation"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/knack-mark-cerny-s-stepping-stone-into-the-future/1100-6415669/

nope, no fluff hype piece garbage game journalism around here hyping bullshyt garbage games, nope... nosiree bob nuttin 'round heeyar like dat at all.

poor widdle sony...everbodys been a-pickin on 'em.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gue1

@XBOunity said:

@Gue1 said:

yeah sure cows be crying because SONy DOESNT HAVE THEIR SH*T TOGETHER. Sorry you picked a loser.

The Sony Domination Continuation is written on stone. No matter how much you cry and deny this is the Sony's gen and the more you try to fight back the more it'll hurt you.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@XBOunity said:

@Gue1 said:

nope. The Sony Domination Continuation is written on stone. No matter how much you cry and deny this is the Sony's gen and the more you try to fight back the more it'll hurt you.

LOL SURE BUDDY, now go make another thread about SONYS awesome blazing fast barebones blue U.I.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gue1

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

Didnt Sony fly everyone out to a fancy hotel and give them free ps4s? lololololololololololol

nope. In fact, most of the media are against the event for reviewers because it will be in a controlled environment. Or are you forgetting about Sessler's dilemma about his livelihood and what not?

But at the end Sony will win. They still haven't even shown their big guns. This is only the beginning of the road of hurt for the lems that deny Sony in their lives.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By danabo

ITT: Adam Sessler's most of the reviewers.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@danabo said:

Wobblewobble.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

nope. In fact, most of the media are against the event for reviewers because it will be in a controlled environment. Or are you forgetting about Sessler's dilemma about his livelihood and what not?

But at the end Sony will win. They still haven't even shown their big guns. This is only the beginning of the road of hurt for the lems that deny Sony in their lives.

y so mad bro? you dont work for sony, they dont care about you. lol

Technofro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Technofro

@danabo said:

Wobblewobble.

You denialists in the face of all common sense are so much worse!

All the info is out there. If you cant put 2 and 2 together then youre hopeless

Explain to me why the gaming media awlays rushes to Microsoft's defense?

EXPLAIN the big propoganda push to dsicredit 1080p once it was found out the xbone wasnt strong enough to do 1080p with the same high fidelity graphics of PS4 games?

Explain to me why the gaming media defended Microsoft when Microsoft was trying to commit crimes against the consumer and enforce their grotesque xbone DRM and always online schemes?

Explain to me WHY gaming media NEVER mentions how Microsoft is the BIGGEST supporter of the NSA, how Microsoft has handed off more stolen data to the NSA then any other company ever, and how the Kinect is spycam capable and is a serious threat to your privacy. Consumers should know all of this and yet gaming media tries to tuck it away and cater to Microsoft OVER US. Unacceptable.

All this down right suspicious activity from so called gaming media (plus there is Microsoft's proven shady history) and youre going to trust them to review PS4 games fairly? Yeah, right...exactly....dont be that typical sheep. IF you are a real gamer stand up and make your voices heard against Microsoft/against gaming media etc

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Hmm, I think I should start up a tinfoil hat business; I could make millions here on SW alone :D

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

Keep with that damage control.

I have noticed unfair bias practically everywhere I go though.

Who cares in the end. I'll love KZ. I'll enjoy Knack whenever I decide to get it.

vg8open

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By vg8open
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Nothing news here, it happened all the time. Money talks, and MS have a lot of money.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

so the nsa is behind knack getting a 4?

makes perfect sense, i'm convinced.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

WHAT? The media was heavily on Sony's side. You've got nerve to state otherwise.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@technofro said:

You consipract denialists are worse! All the info is out there. If you cant put 2 and 2 together then youre hopeless

EXPLAIN the big propoganda push to dsicredit 1080p once it was found out the xbone wasnt strong enough to do 1080p with the same high fidelity graphics of PS4 games

Explain to me why the gaming media defended Microsoft when Microsoft was trying to commit crimes against the consumer and enforve DRM and always online

Explain to me WHY gaming media doesnt mention how Microsoft is the BIGGEST supporter of the NSA, how Microsoft has handed off more stolen data to the NS then any other company ever, and how the Kinect is spycam capable and is a serious threat to your privacy

All this DOWN RIGHT Suspicious activity from so calles gaming media anf youre goingyp trust them to review PS4 games fairly? Yeah, right...exactly....dont be that typical sheep

You see what you want to see - and I challenge you to back up any of your claims with concrete factual data.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BruceBenzing

@technofro said:

@danabo said:

Wobblewobble.

You denialists in the face of all common sense are so much worse!

All the info is out there. If you cant put 2 and 2 together then youre hopeless

EXPLAIN the big propoganda push to dsicredit 1080p once it was found out the xbone wasnt strong enough to do 1080p with the same high fidelity graphics of PS4 games?

Explain to me why the gaming media defended Microsoft when Microsoft was trying to commit crimes against the consumer and enforce their grotesque DRM and always online schemes?

Explain to me WHY gaming media doesnt mention how Microsoft is the BIGGEST supporter of the NSA, how Microsoft has handed off more stolen data to the NSA then any other company ever, and how the Kinect is spycam capable and is a serious threat to your privacy

All this DOWN RIGHT suspicious activity from so called gaming media, and youre going to trust them to review PS4 games fairly? Yeah, right...exactly....dont be that typical sheep

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@XBOunity:

Its outselling the x1 , so MS would be the loser for now.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I feel so victimized in this industry being a Playstation fan. Everyone always loves Xbox and everything they do. One small thing bad about Playstation and the industry collectively attacks Playstation and it's fans. Xbox makes tons of mistakes and the industry goes into damage control mode and fellates the Xbox regardless. It's just not fair :( :( :(

Technofro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Technofro

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

My god you xboners are stupid.

It was a review event. Every COMPANY does it.

Sill, the reviewers had to fly out on their own, and they have to return the PS4s...only PS4's for the office are kept.

Sony was very professional.

Now compare that to the down right suspicious review events Microsoft has had. Case in point

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Cows, please don't sink to this level. Anyone expecting more than a 7 for KZ was dreaming, but a 7 is still a good game that I plan to play the hell out of. Nobody ever talked about the AI, level design, or gameplay of KZSF, it was always the graphics. Knack has been getting bashed by the media from day 1. Hell even a Playstation site talked about how bland the game is. I still see where the reviewers are having a good time with it. I watched a little bit of the GS Q&A while they were playing Knack and they were laughing and having a good time with it so if the game interest you, forget the reviews and enjoy the game. A review shouldn't make you enjoy your games of choice any more or less. Some of my favorite games last gen weren't the AAA blockbusters. I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing the conspiracy here.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Polygon on BF4 Runs faster on PS4 higher resolution on PS4 = tied.

Polygon Ghost runs faster on xbox one,while been 100% lower resolution. = Xbox one version superior.

BF4 and ghost have crap story = Ok.

Killzone SF has ok story = sucks.

They don't even hide any more thankfully people are ignoring all that crap and buying the console any way,funny how the PS4 can't do good 2 days from launch...M$ at work..

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By danabo

MS are definitely paying IGN.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Brofists thread.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Well I didn't see this much optimism and defense in regards to the PS3 when it launched, was getting the inferior multiplats etc... but in the end it doesn't matter. Buy the console you want, play and **** the media.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

lol dat damage control. it flopped get over it, move on with your life. should have got an xbox one, at least its fun to play.

I would advise against setting yourself up for ownage. For all you know, the XBone line up is just as bad as the PS4's. At the very least, at least the PS4 has the superior version and/or exclusive content for several games. Plus, PS4's 2 best launch games (Resogun* and Warframe), are free

*with PS+

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Brofists thread.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@technofro said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Gue1 said:

My god you xboners are stupid.

It was a review event. Every COMPANY does it.

Sill, the reviewers had to fly out on their own, and they have to return the PS4s...only PS4's for the office are kept.

Sony was veey professional.

Now compare that to the down right suspicious review events Microsoft has had. Case in point

Pure gold i tell you. I love it when games cows hype, unofficially that is, games and they end up flopping. Every excuse you can think of comes out. Bwhahahahaha I can't stop loling at cows today.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BruceBenzing

@tormentos said:

Polygon on BF4 Runs faster on PS4 higher resolution on PS4 = tied.

Polygon Ghost runs faster on xbox one,while been 100% lower resolution. = Xbox one version superior.

BF4 and ghost have crap story = Ok.

Killzone SF has ok story = sucks.

They don't even hide any more thankfully people are ignoring all that crap and buying the console any way,funny how the PS4 can't do good 2 days from launch...M$ at work..

bu bu bu all teh negative press is because of teh conspiracy

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

MS kidnapped my wife and forced me to say good things about the Xbox on Gamespot system wars, True story

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@brucebenzing said:

bu bu bu all teh negative press is because of teh conspiracy

But but but is outselling the xbox one to hell and beyond apparently people don't care about the media the damage to MS has been done..

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Enjoy..hahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448fd89d82
deactivated-58e448fd89d82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-58e448fd89d82
Member since 2010 • 4494 Posts

Why does the OP not mention GT5???