The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Hype Thread (HYPE: AAAAE) (HYPE MET!!!!) (97 on Metacritic)

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#3301  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Link is a distractingly attractive woman

Zelda fans in 2014: The new Link is a girl?!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3302 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@93BlackHawk93: They were right all along

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3303  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Ugh, I'm just trying to figure it how someine managed to get all Korok seeds. I mean, I'm not THAT suprised but still. I think I'm at 30 something found total.

I like to be completionist with Zelda games, but I have my limits. Just as I said "screw it" to getting 999 seconds in ALBW's cuccoo mini game, there's no way I'm going to bother with getting all the korok seeds. Maybe I'll try to go for all shrines and side quests (even that I'm a bit iffy on)? At the very least I want to find all of the locations of those 12 photos in the compendium (already found 3).

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3304 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

I swear this game wants me not to like it. So I wanted to max out my champion's tunic before taking on Ganon, and that requires two horns from the fire dragon, which seems fair enough since you needed to do something similar for the previous upgrades. The problem is, no matter how close I got, no matter how many times I fired my arrows dead on them, the thing would only drop scales. I literally spent two hours trying to get one of the horns, including reloading to a different autosave until I gave up, because absolutely nothing worked. None of the other dragons gave me this problem, so I'm probably just going to say "screw it" to this last upgrade unless there's a patch. So has anyone here come across this bug?

Nope, I'm just gonna say you're not actually hitting it's horn.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3305 DJ-Lafleur

Speaking of bugs, I did end up running across a glitched fire keese that was stuck in the ground. No matter how many times I would swing at it no hits were registered. (this is the Switch version BTW)

Wonder if anyone ran across any other kinds of bugs/glitches as well?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3306 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DJ-Lafleur said:

Speaking of bugs, I did end up running across a glitched fire keese that was stuck in the ground. No matter how many times I would swing at it no hits were registered. (this is the Switch version BTW)

Yes, my horse with a max bond jumped off a bridge and killed itself. It was actually funny.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3307 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts
@DJ-Lafleur said:

Ugh, I'm just trying to figure it how someine managed to get all Korok seeds. I mean, I'm not THAT suprised but still. I think I'm at 30 something found total.

I like to be completionist with Zelda games, but I have my limits. Just as I said "screw it" to getting 999 seconds in ALBW's cuccoo mini game, there's no way I'm going to bother with getting all the korok seeds. Maybe I'll try to go for all shrines and side quests (even that I'm a bit iffy on)? At the very least I want to find all of the locations of those 12 photos in the compendium (already found 3).

There's one memory that will probably throw you for a loop but for the rest they're in fairly obvious locations, assuming you do a decent level of exploring that is. I found that particular aspect of completion to not be a problem at all, and I even found it decently rewarding as a test of my environmental awareness. In a strange way the memories reminded me a lot of Pokemon Snap when you are asked to go back through the levels and find the big secret landscape in each one.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3308 DJ-Lafleur
@Vaasman said:
@DJ-Lafleur said:

There's one memory that will probably throw you for a loop but for the rest they're in fairly obvious locations, assuming you do a decent level of exploring that is. I found that particular aspect of completion to not be a problem at all, and I even found it decently rewarding as a test of my environmental awareness. In a strange way the memories reminded me a lot of Pokemon Snap when you are asked to go back through the levels and find the big secret landscape in each one.

There's still plenty of world I have to explore (only have completed one divine beast so far), so I'm thinking the other spots will jump out at me the more I play.

@charizard1605 said:
@DJ-Lafleur said:

Yes, my horse with a max bond jumped off a bridge and killed itself. It was actually funny.

Hmmm, yes I'm sure that was a "glitch." >_>

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3309 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@DJ-Lafleur: ;__;

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3310 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

I swear this game wants me not to like it. So I wanted to max out my champion's tunic before taking on Ganon, and that requires two horns from the fire dragon, which seems fair enough since you needed to do something similar for the previous upgrades. The problem is, no matter how close I got, no matter how many times I fired my arrows dead on them, the thing would only drop scales. I literally spent two hours trying to get one of the horns, including reloading to a different autosave until I gave up, because absolutely nothing worked. None of the other dragons gave me this problem, so I'm probably just going to say "screw it" to this last upgrade unless there's a patch. So has anyone here come across this bug?

Nope, I'm just gonna say you're not actually hitting it's horn.

Sorry, but you'd be wrong. I got a way around the bug (finally), but it confirmed that it was indeed a bug. My last ditch effort was flying up right next to its horn and shooting it again, which of course got me the scale, but then I fast forwarded to after the blood moon. I then attempted shooting it in exactly the same way, and this time it worked. My guess is that the dragons, just like regular enemies, respawn at that time, and that reset helped alleviate whatever the problem originally was. When I was stuck yesterday, I also read some youtube comments from other people saying that they had the same issue, but I'm guessing that it's a rare occurrence, or it's a Wii U only issue. So yeah, this is just another technical issue that BotW has, and that I was lucky enough to stumble upon..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3311  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Really bums me that (musical spoiler) the Gerudo Valley theme doesn't play in this game :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3312 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Jesus fucking Christ, I need a walkthrough for the Gerudo Divine Beast. Drunk me cannot handle this by himself.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3313 LegatoSkyheart

118 shrines.

YOU LAST 2 SHRINES!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?????????

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3314 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@charizard1605:

Stuck on getting to those top chambers?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3315  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

I just notice when playing the game, those little ice golems can be destroy by trees. Threw a bomb at a tree and it came crushing down on the golem.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3316 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Jesus fucking Christ, I need a walkthrough for the Gerudo Divine Beast. Drunk me cannot handle this by himself.

It's not that hard

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3317 ConanTheStoner

@FireEmblem_Man said:

It's not that hard

If he's stuck where I'm guessing he's stuck, it's a matter of Nintendo being trolls and waving the wrong carrot in his face. I know three people who got stuck on the same section (myself included) because they got hung up on the wrong obstacle.

Also.

Stoned playing Zelda >>>>>>> drunk playing Zelda.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3318 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's not that hard

None of the beasts were THAT hard, you know, OOT water dungeon hard/frustrating. Trial and error helped a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3319 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ConanTheStoner said:

@charizard1605:

Stuck on getting to those top chambers?

Yes, how the f*ck am I supposed to do this lol

@FireEmblem_Man said:

It's not that hard

I mean, I never laid a claim to being the smartest player around lol

@ConanTheStoner said:

If he's stuck where I'm guessing he's stuck, it's a matter of Nintendo being trolls and waving the wrong carrot in his face. I know three people who got stuck on the same section (myself included) because they got hung up on the wrong obstacle.

Also.

Stoned playing Zelda >>>>>>> drunk playing Zelda.

Man, hard to get some good stuff, drunk is the best I can do right now :(

@Epak_ said:

None of the beasts were THAT hard, you know, OOT water dungeon hard/frustrating. Trial and error helped a lot.

Yeah, but this section of the game seems to defy its own internal logic so far, which is what's throwing me off. This isn't making sense when all the rules of the game so far have taught me that it should.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3320 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Well, that was bat-fucking-shit redacted, what the f*ck, Nintendo

At least I know I wasn't the only one lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3321  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@charizard1605 said:

Yup. Makes you feel like an idiot and a genius at the same time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3322 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ConanTheStoner said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yup. Makes you feel like an idiot and a genius at the same time.

I think this is one part of the game where they could have maybe made things a bit more, well, overt lol

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3323 ConanTheStoner

So any Zelda staples/conventions that you guys do miss?

I know I mentioned it the other day, but the hookshot would be damn cool in this game. A great compliment to the paragliding.

Also, underwater exploration. I know it would have been a bit ridiculous in this game given the absurdly large bodies of water by Zelda standards. But I do miss it regardless.

@charizard1605 said:

I think this is one part of the game where they could have maybe made things a bit more, well, overt lol

True, but a part of me likes being stumped. I'm not great at puzzle games, put me on a real puzzle game and I'll get stuck every 20 minutes lol. But after WW, TP, and SS I'm glad we have a Zelda game that can make you slow down and think again.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3324 Vaasman
@ConanTheStoner said:

So any Zelda staples/conventions that you guys do miss?

I know I mentioned it the other day, but the hookshot would be damn cool in this game. A great compliment to the paragliding.

Longform dungeons. Probably the main reason why I don't think this topples OoT as my favorite Zelda even if it's a close second. I do really like that spread out puzzles means less rigid design philosophies, and I like that each of the main four has some interesting twist involving moving a major section around. Still, the main dungeon content of BOTW is probably only about 2 hours with kinda the same puzzles in all four. Aesthetically too, beasts and shrines could each be mushed into one super dungeon and you'd never tell the difference. I miss the sensation of moving through a maze-like superstructure unique unto itself, solving traps and puzzles for lengthy segments of time, fighting mini bosses and bosses themed to go with the dungeon.

I like BOTW's open world design and want to see more of that in future Zelda. But I want to also see some of the complexity and atmosphere of old dungeons make a return as well. There were a few sections of the game where I felt like there was opportunity for more items to come into play as roadblocks, as in Zelda 1, and those could make a return to make at least a few traditional dungeons.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3325 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ConanTheStoner: Okay, this was the best boss battle of them all so far, so glad I saved it till the end lol

I kinda don't want to finish the game, now...

To answer your question, uhhh... I want the hookshot, and I want to bombastic soundtracks from the previous games back. Like, BotW's soundtrack is okay, but I honestly miss just how great the music in Ocarina, Wind Waker, or Skyward Sword was, to be honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3326 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Idk, I never missed the longform dungeons. I liked the short, snappy take on them BotW had. Like, would I mind longer, labyrinthine ones, probably ones better integrated into the world? No, I would not. Did I feel this game was poorer for not having them? Once more, no, I did not.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3327  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Best open world game ever imo. :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3328  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69744 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@ConanTheStoner: Okay, this was the best boss battle of them all so far, so glad I saved it till the end lol

I kinda don't want to finish the game, now...

To answer your question, uhhh... I want the hookshot, and I want to bombastic soundtracks from the previous games back. Like, BotW's soundtrack is okay, but I honestly miss just how great the music in Ocarina, Wind Waker, or Skyward Sword was, to be honest.

Oh so you are saying 9/10.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3329 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

I miss a few things:

-Underwater exploration (sucks Zora's Domain isn't underwater either)

-Themed temples

-some of the sword moves (stab, crounch +shield poke, vertical slice)

Other than that this game is the tits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3330 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
  • All Divine Beasts done
  • Master Sword recovered
  • All memories tracked down (except for the one that is in the castle)
  • 57 shrines done

Time to end this.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3331  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

118 shrines.

YOU LAST 2 SHRINES!!!! WHERE ARE YOU?????????

I can name off a few that might be it since they were more troublesome for me if you want. :P

Hebra has a lot more shrines than most people probably realize. Try close to the big boss man himself as well.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3332 LegatoSkyheart

@charizard1605 said:
  • All Divine Beasts done
  • Master Sword recovered
  • 57 shrines done

Time to end this.

about that memory...It's not the last memory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3333 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@charizard1605 said:
  • All Divine Beasts done
  • Master Sword recovered
  • 57 shrines done

Time to end this.

about that memory...It's not the last memory.

I've got all 18 photographic ones. I assume any more ones come after mandatorily?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3334 LegatoSkyheart

@charizard1605 said:

I've got all 18 photographic ones. I assume any more ones come after mandatorily?

ah, okay so you got #17 that's the important one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3335 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@charizard1605 said:

I don't have #12 and #17.

What am I missing here? I know #12 is in the Castle, so... what else am I missing? In vague terms, please?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3336  Edited By Vaasman

@charizard1605 said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:
@charizard1605 said:

What am I missing here? I know #12 is in the Castle, so... what else am I missing? In vague terms, please?

You can only find 17 after you have done the 12 picture ones.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3337 LegatoSkyheart

@charizard1605 said:

Open up your Adventure Log and look up Main Quest "Locked Mementos".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3338 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Vaasman said:
@charizard1605 said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:
@charizard1605 said:

You can only find 17 after you have done the other 12 picture ones.

Ah, alright. Well, I'm gonna pick #12 up once I go into the Castle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3339 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@LegatoSkyheart: Thanks!

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3340  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Some brief thoughts on how they could improve the game:

- More enemy variations around the world. Constantly seeing Bokoblin, Moblin and Lizalfos with colour variations is bland. It'd be cool if these guys were region specific, and have something completely new in each area (rather than doing the colour/type variations). Sure it's probably the same amount of enemy variations as past Zelda games, but the open world nature of this game makes this lack of variation more apparent.

- More "overworld" bosses placed around, as well as more variations. I've only seen Stone Talus, Hinox and Lynels (and their variations) so far.

- Too many "small" shrines. It'd be cool if there were differently shaped shrines (maybe 2 types) to indicate their size. Then have a good distribution of the 2 types. Basically, shrines can be too short and boring. Some great ones, but not enough of them.

- Following on with the shrines; make them more integrated into the world. It's pretty boring seeing so many mini dungeons of the same theme. Instead of a shrine, what about a cave system naturally integrated into the landscape? Or a forest themed one? etc. etc.. Basically like how Skyrim naturally integrated their "dungeons", except keep the level design to the quality of Zelda.

Mind you, I've explored about 75% of the map (not in full detail), completed 1 divine beast, and played played about 50-60 hours. Still got heaps to go!

Those criticisms I have are minor to the experience. I'd still give BotW a 10/10. These are just things they can improve for the next game in the series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3341 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Okay, I've recovered all the memories, including the secret one.

I'm not going to criticize the story or OST in the game any more.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3342  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Okay, I've recovered all the memories, including the secret one.

I'm not going to criticize the story or OST in the game any more.

You tease.

I just found an interesting merchant with some very interesting pieces of gear. Hmm he has some monstrous sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3343 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@KungfuKitten: was he found near a cranial shaped lake perchance?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3344  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@charizard1605: Yeah ^_^ Did you buy his stuff? Some of it let's you set up some combat situations a little easier. Didn't get his most expensive things yet that I really want to have.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3345 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Idk, I never missed the longform dungeons. I liked the short, snappy take on them BotW had. Like, would I mind longer, labyrinthine ones, probably ones better integrated into the world? No, I would not. Did I feel this game was poorer for not having them? Once more, no, I did not.

On the other hand, to truly divorce Zelda away from past conventions means ditching the four dungeon format and using shrines. Is it too much? Maybe. Michel Troigros of Troigros fame ditched the dish that made his father and uncle famous because he felt it's restricting the creative freedom the chefs had.

Breath of the Wild was taking what Link Between Worlds did a step further.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3346 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

I finished it.

That was fucking spectacular. I absolutely loved what they did, and I have no complaints about the game anymore, even the music and story that I felt were light before all came together wonderfully in the end.

That 10/10 is deserved.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3347 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605:

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3348 LegatoSkyheart

Anyone here get all Shrines?

I really just need to know how many there are in each area. Not their exact locations, just a general count.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3349 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I finished it.

That was fucking spectacular. I absolutely loved what they did, and I have no complaints about the game anymore, even the music and story that I felt were light before all came together wonderfully in the end.

That 10/10 is deserved.

not with the motion controls it aint

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3350 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@TheShadowLord07 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I finished it.

That 10/10 is deserved.

not with the motion controls it aint

lol like 3 shines had it...and they were easy.