the best feature no one is talking about

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@edge_plus said:

PS4 Fanboys mad that there little system doesn't have as much features as the almighty Xbox One so they complain and whine. But are quick to jump on the bandwagon when PS4 comes out with new features. Hypocrites.

Not really

It's these "extra features" that Microsoft decided to focus on instead of making a more powerful console...and that's what swayed many, including myself, into buying a PS4 instead.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Gue1 said:

remember that shitty family share M$ brought up in desperation to justify the DRM and that they couldn't even fully explain? Well, Sony's gonna do something that will not only be better but it's more logical and will add value to PS+ subscribers while not fucking us nor the devs over with DRM or lost sales. It's called Share Play.

PS4 will let you play with friends, even if they don't own your game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5995707/ps4-share-play-invite-frends-system-update-200

For gamers by gamers. This is why Sony > M$ and PS4 > Xbone. Meanwhile delusional lems keep supporting a console that lives on bribing 3rd devs because it has nothing compelling of its own.

So... sharing for 60 minutes total is better than sharing the whole game forever.

Cows...

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

say what you will.. that's a pretty freaking nice feature. But you'll have to have PSN+ (I assume) and a 60 minute time limit seems excessive. But come on haters.. It's 60 minutes of a "free game". Sony's not going to let you come in and play through an ENTIRE co op campaign. Let's be realistic here.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@OhSnapitz said:

But you'll have to have PSN+ (I assume)

Nah, you don't need PSN+ to join someone's game.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

So it's only to play multiplayer games, and only for 60 minutes?

Sounds lame.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

i was excited about this feature until i read "60 minute time limit"..Lame.

you wanted the entire game for free? If you could play the entire game you can be sure that publishers wouldn't allow. But for an hour you can play any mode of the game and any game as long as it supports DS4. You can watch your friend while playing and helping him in sections too, or maybe use it as a demo showcase to know if you want to buy the game or not. And this is only the beginning because this service will evolve.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

So... sharing for 60 minutes total is better than sharing the whole game forever.

As if they'd have let you.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
@Zelda187 said:

@gago-gago said:

@Zelda187 said:

@gago-gago said:

Do you have a smart phone? Why would anyone buy a smart phone just to make calls and text. Having these features on a gaming system are a plus. The Xbox One has more features and do these features better.

How is this comparable?

A smart phone fits in your pocket and can be taken anywhere on the go.

An XBone is a stationary console that sits in your living room/bedroom...right next to your PC, cable box, blu ray player, stereo system, etc.

My Xbox One is my blu-ray player, it is my stereo if I ever need it, I don't use it as a cable box even though I can, and I rather be on my laptop or mobile device especially with Smart Glass features. It's 2014, every electronic like TV's and even cable boxes have all sort of apps like play games. Why can't a gaming system have these features too. I welcome any console to do more, and these features are always a plus but at the end of the day, it's my gaming console and I play games on it more than using this features. It's good to know I have an all in one gaming system.

So you're saying that you need like 4 or 5 devices in your living room/bedroom that all do the same goddamn thing?

I say toss those features out the fucking window if it means making a watered down gaming console that is barely an improvement over the 360.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I went into last years E3 with an open mind towards the consoles. I was open to the XBone and I was open to the PS4. But after that fucking debacle that Microsoft put forth, I was most certainly swayed to go with the PS4.

Skype with someone while playing a game? Who does this? Seriously. A quick show of hands from somebody who uses this shit...

Voice commands? Who uses these? Seriously. A quick show of hands from somebody who is still routinely using this shit to power on/off their XBone instead of just pushing the button in the middle of the controller...

The XBone is chock full of a bunch of useless, gimmicky shit that is already available on a wide array of electronics that you already have laying around the house.

Instead of creating a quality game console that is focused on videogames first and foremost...they decided to produce some half ass "multi media" tool.

And they're paying the price because of it.

No I'm saying I don't have a stereo or a blu-ray player and the Xbox One can be that if I want it to be. It's an all in one gaming system. So that means I have less devices at my entertainment hub. "Barely an improvement over the 360"? I can't take that seriously now. Just wondering, do you have a main gaming PC? Are you on these forums using your gaming PC? My guess most PC gamers here are using their gaming PCs to browse these forums. And I bet they listen to music, use Skype, watch movies, browse online, all on their gaming PCs. At the end of the day, I still can play the games I want to play on the Xbox One and all these features are readily available if I want to use them. And paying the price for what? We still play the games we want to play on the thing. And the PS4 have some of these features too. They're freaking selling a PlayStation TV add-on for Christ sakes and a fucking virtual reality goggles. Now those are fucking gimmicks. Sony are now trying to do what MS were doing with these TV and social apps and subscriptions. Not sure if you noticed that.

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Edge_Plus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

@edge_plus said:

PS4 Fanboys mad that there little system doesn't have as much features as the almighty Xbox One so they complain and whine. But are quick to jump on the bandwagon when PS4 comes out with new features. Hypocrites.

Not really

It's these "extra features" that Microsoft decided to focus on instead of making a more powerful console...and that's what swayed many, including myself, into buying a PS4 instead.

Xbox "not powerful" but the graphics look very similar if not the same as the PS4. You are overrating the PS4 and with the features that the Xbox brings it clearly puts them over the edge.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

As if they'd have let you.

That was the point of requiring drm. Keep up...

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

Because publishers would have happily allowed for nine potentially lost customers per game sale.

The DRM was for controlling the used games market too.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@gago-gago said:

@bezza2011 said:
@freedomfreak said:

Apparently, it's only for 60 minutes, but it's still a cool feature. You don't even need PS+ if you get invited to a multiplayer game. Obviously, that's not the case the other way around.

2hours.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

will i be able to stream rise of tomb raider from my x1 to my friends ps4? i want to show him how awesome the game is and how much of a bad decision he made

Timed exclusive.

@gago-gago said:

Both Xbox One and PS4 can already let your friend play your games even if they don't own it, it's called gamesharing. But when Sony renames it, advertise it and plan to do other things with it, their fans gets on their knees and worship Sony lol. Also I have to research more about this, so a friend could take over your game from any where like they're on the couch with you? I don't like the sound of that. What if your friend gets hacked and that hacker takes control of your games when you don't want it to be, it's gonna be a mess. #GreatmessAwaits

:S no you can't, not on any console can you allow one of your friends to play while there sat on there own PS4 while your on yours. it is not a rename. and no one will be bothered to hack your friend just to mess up your game :S

You can share your games and play while you're on console and your friend is on theirs and play the game at the same time. And you don't even have to be logged in. I game share with my brother on the Xbox One all the time. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features And you could game share on the PS4 like you did on the PS3: http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Game-Share_with_Family_and_Friends This Play Share is a downgrade from that since I'm reading that your friend has a time limit and can only play co-op games or certain games?. I really hope Play Share doesn't affect gamesharing on the PS4.

Technically that isn't game sharing that's falsely telling your brothers or your mates PS4 that your profile is the primary one on that system, you ain't going to give out your profile to a online friend who technically is a stranger :S plus that only works for digital games, same way i could give out my steam account to my friend to play all my games for free, it's a loophole, It's not game sharing that's just a thing they call it, I mean could you really imagine any company even allowing you to share all your games with people, that's worse than second hang games, for them, there has to be a limit.

It isn't a downgrade because your allowing your friends to play any game you have even if they don't have the disc for 60minutes :S plus how can it be a downgrrade when this is a new feature and has nothing to do with that loophole you talk of, this is allowing any one of your friends to have an hour of play on a game they may not want or may want to try which you have,

@freedomfreak said:
@bezza2011 said:

2hours.

Shu said 60 minutes.

Unless I'm missing something.

My fault I think I took the Far Cry 4 2 hour thing and just had that in my mind about the sharing thing.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Gue1 said:

remember that shitty family share M$ brought up in desperation to justify the DRM and that they couldn't even fully explain? Well, Sony's gonna do something that will not only be better but it's more logical and will add value to PS+ subscribers while not fucking us nor the devs over with DRM or lost sales. It's called Share Play.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5995707/ps4-share-play-invite-frends-system-update-200

For gamers by gamers. This is why Sony > M$ and PS4 > Xbone. Meanwhile delusional lems keep supporting a console that lives on bribing 3rd devs because it has nothing compelling of its own.

Sony stated before around reveal that once this feature is added it will be up to the game dev to put it in the game. Don't expect every game to have it, ohh believer of everything Sony says.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Because publishers would have happily allowed for nine potentially lost customers per game sale.

The DRM was for controlling the used games market too.

Its original purpose was to have digital sharing. If you are going to bitch, at least have your facts straight.

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

Enjoyed the hell outta gamesharing on ps3, saved me lots of money, but the best ps4 feature for me is the headset on controller, i can finally enjoy my games while wife and kids are sleeping

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@bezza2011 said:

My fault I think I took the Far Cry 4 2 hour thing and just had that in my mind about the sharing thing.

It's all good.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

What's really cool is that his opens up a HUGE possibility for split screen gaming. Imagine you're playing split screen with a friend and both of you guys each have your own headsets and only hear your own game audio, and you each have your own mics. I don't know about you, but one of the worst aspects of split screen gaming for me is the audio.

Your talking about each player getting their own mix. That would be interesting but I'm not certain that it's even possible. I am fairly certain it is not. Most likely, the most mixes that would be supported is two. Left channel, right channel, and both players would then essentially be receiving a mono mix. Wishful thinking on your part I fear.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

60 minute sessions but they're unlimited, so that's decent.

lmao lemmings on Twitter don't understand the difference between this and game sharing. They really are completely thick.

@StormyJoe said:

Its original purpose was to have digital sharing. If you are going to bitch, at least have your facts straight.

Last gen consoles already had DRM for digital content and game sharing. The new DRM was to be stuck on discs so you could install them and ditch the disc, at the cost of violating the first-sale doctrine.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

i don't even need to read the op, let me guess, it's a feature on the Playstation right?

Fanboys, wouldn't know what the word 'objective' means if it jumped up and slapped them in the face,lol

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@Zelda187

"So you're saying that you need like 4 or 5 devices in your living room/bedroom that all do the same goddamn thing?

I say toss those features out the fucking window if it means making a watered down gaming console that is barely an improvement over the 360.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I went into last years E3 with an open mind towards the consoles. I was open to the XBone and I was open to the PS4. But after that fucking debacle that Microsoft put forth, I was most certainly swayed to go with the PS4.

Skype with someone while playing a game? Who does this? Seriously. A quick show of hands from somebody who uses this shit...

Voice commands? Who uses these? Seriously. A quick show of hands from somebody who is still routinely using this shit to power on/off their XBone instead of just pushing the button in the middle of the controller...

The XBone is chock full of a bunch of useless, gimmicky shit that is already available on a wide array of electronics that you already have laying around the house.

Instead of creating a quality game console that is focused on videogames first and foremost...they decided to produce some half ass "multi media" tool.

And they're paying the price because of it."

You're right about the Microsoft debacle. No doubt about it. They totally misplayed last years E3. It was a complete and utter failure. What they were trying to do is deliver a steam like service but they totally f****d up by mentioning the DRM and 24 hour check in. That may have been the most disastrous sales pitch ever delivered. I'm not sure why they thought mentioning DRM and such was a good idea. A real head scratcher that caused a LOT of knee jerk reactions. People that were going to buy an xbox one went right out and bought a PS4.

As far skype goes, I use it some but not much. I don't know that many people that have a skype account. It is a slick feature though.

On voice commands. I use them all the time. Mostly for movies/tv/netflix/music and such.

As far as your statement about all the electronics laying around: That's true, but hooking up one device is much easier than hooking up multiple devices. It's just way easier to manage. My tv input stays on the same input all the time. Once you experience it, you'll never want to go back to having to f**k with all that other crap.

As far as quality games go, there's already some good ones out for the console and more to come. So you can choose not to enjoy them. You can still be mad at last years E3 failure by Microsoft or you can move on. Some of the games coming out for xb1 look mind blowing to me.

As far as you saying it's a watered down gaming machine, remember the PS4 cannot utilize the POWAH OF THE CLOUD! Because of this, the ps4 is a second class online console when compared to the xbox one. hahahahaha! no cloud powah for you! hahahahaha!

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lmao lemmings on Twitter don't understand the difference between this and game sharing. They really are completely thick.

@StormyJoe said:

Last gen consoles already had DRM for digital content and game sharing. The new DRM was to be stuck on discs so you could install them and ditch the disc, at the cost of violating the first-sale doctrine.

That's not true. The DRM policy required a 24 hour online check in (done behind the scenes). You could "loan" a game to a friend, but only one of you could play it at a time. The check in made sure you did not hack the game on your HDD so more than one person could play it (or something like that).

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#73 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Still won't make me buy ps+.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

That's not true. The DRM policy required a 24 hour online check in (done behind the scenes). You could "loan" a game to a friend, but only one of you could play it at a time. The check in made sure you did not hack the game on your HDD so more than one person could play it (or something like that).

If you could do that you'd be doing it on custom firmware which means you wouldn't be connected to the internet anyway.

The check was to make sure the games on your hard drive was the games you owned and you hadn't traded it in (at licensed retailers. Thanks Microsoft!). Trying to play a game at the same time as your friend would have immediately locked you out.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

If you could do that you'd be doing it on custom firmware which means you wouldn't be connected to the internet anyway.

The check was to make sure the games on your hard drive was the games you owned and you hadn't traded it in (at licensed retailers. Thanks Microsoft!). Trying to play a game at the same time as your friend would have immediately locked you out.

That's not true. You could share your games with your friends.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#76 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

Lol TC is funny, Steam Has had this feature since forever now

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

So like a more enhanced form of the DS and 3DS' download play?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

If you were playing your friend's game on their account, and they wanted to play it, you would be kicked off it.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

This has been known since the Feb '13 event, before the Xbone officially existed. Very old news. The only thing we didn't know was the 60 minute limit.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

So you're saying that you need like 4 or 5 devices in your living room/bedroom that all do the same goddamn thing?

And they're paying the price because of it.

Haha "barely an improvement over 360" is a blatant fanboy statement.

And people like me use all those features you are trying to make light of. Everyday. I rarely ever turn my X1 on or off with anything but voice commands. Likewise, i rarely ever switch from tv to games, to settings, to my games and apps, to store, to blu-ray, to snap mode, to you tube, etc with anything but voice control. Hell my X1 controller is hardly ever ON if I'm not gaming. I even change channels with voice control if i left the DTV remote on the other side of the room.

Also, if you use xbox fitness or any work out dvd/blu ray, the voice controls come in quite handy. "Xbox pause" can be your best friend at times when you have weights in your hands or just don't like doing your workout with a controller in your hands

But by all means enjoy using all your various devices lying around the house with their various input controls to do what the X1 does.

Oh and btw, even with you saying the X1 wasn't focused on being a games console, it still has the best games available on it to play and arguably a better lineup through 2015 than the ps4

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yeah I Steam Family Shared for the first time today, AMAZING, I now have access to all my friends games, I can play them for as long as I want (as long as I'm authorized with his steam), I have over 300 games so my friend is in for a treat.

Consoles trying to catch up to pc's again, how sweet.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

So you can share multiplayer with someone who doesn't own the game for an hour. Aren't they going to be shit at it for most of that hour? Then what a message appears 'you like that, go buy the game'?

Wow that's fantastic.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

10x2 = 20hour free gameplay. Crap?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

A great feature that nobody's talking about when comparing the PS4 and Xbox One is the ability to plug in any 3.5mm headphones/headset into the PS4 controller. You can use your ear buds, beats by dre, a cell-phone headset, etc. Whatever 3.5mm headset you have, you can use. This is great because it gives people so many more options rather than having to go out and get gaming headsets.

What's really cool is that his opens up a HUGE possibility for split screen gaming. Imagine you're playing split screen with a friend and both of you guys each have your own headsets and only hear your own game audio, and you each have your own mics. I don't know about you, but one of the worst aspects of split screen gaming for me is the audio. I hate hearing someone else's game audio when I'm trying to focus on what's going on in my screen... it's disorienting. And if you're playing online split screen, it sucks because only one person can have a headset to talk. And if that person is wearing a headset trying to talk to people online, the person sitting right next to them is left out. But if both people have their headsets with their own mics but can also monitor each other's voices through their own headsets as well, it would be so much more fun of an experience.

But compare it to the Xbone where Microsoft completely force their customers into buying special headsets that support their garbage new proprietary microphone port(it isn't even a full headset port with game audio like on PS4) and it honestly the Xbone look like a joke in comparison. Sony came out with a cool new feature that makes it more convenient for customers with a lot of potential for making split screen play more enjoyable, while on the other hand Microsoft took the greedy route and didn't do anything new or beneficial to customers, but instead simply made people's old Xbox 360 headsets not work on the Xbone. They forced headset companies to pay Microsoft to be able to use their patented stupid mic port, and forced customers to only use headsets that support this pointless port.

Beats are fucking terrible. As a result your post is bad and you should feel bad.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#85 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

10x2 = 20hour free gameplay. Crap?

People don't think like that, they just hear 1 hour, and it's crap to them

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

If you were playing your friend's game on their account, and they wanted to play it, you would be kicked off it.

So, only being able to play a friend's game when that friend is also playing it is preferable to "loaning" the digital copy of the game to someone else? Is that what you are really saying?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

So, only being able to play a friend's game when that friend is also playing it is preferable to "loaning" the digital copy of the game to someone else? Is that what you are really saying?

Considering Play-Share is not the same as digital game sharing, no.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Considering Play-Share is not the same as digital game sharing, no.

The first paragraph of this topic is :

"remember that shitty family share M$ brought up in desperation to justify the DRM and that they couldn't even fully explain? Well, Sony's gonna do something that will not only be better but it's more logical and will add value to PS+ subscribers while not fucking us nor the devs over with DRM or lost sales. It's called Share Play.":

So, I ask again: Is being able to play a friend's game only when that friend is also playing it preferable to "loaning" the digital copy of the game to someone else (as if it were a physical disk)?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#89 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

What's the point? Play a demo of a game your friends already purchased? I don't quite understand.

thecruzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90 thecruzan
Member since 2014 • 106 Posts

@edge_plus said:

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

The first paragraph of this topic is :

"remember that shitty family share M$ brought up in desperation to justify the DRM and that they couldn't even fully explain? Well, Sony's gonna do something that will not only be better but it's more logical and will add value to PS+ subscribers while not fucking us nor the devs over with DRM or lost sales. It's called Share Play.":

So, I ask again: Is being able to play a friend's game only when that friend is also playing it preferable to "loaning" the digital copy of the game to someone else (as if it were a physical disk)?

OP is obviously wrong then. Play-Share is not the same as digital game sharing.

@musicalmac said:

What's the point? Play a demo of a game your friends already purchased? I don't quite understand.

You get to play co-op with a friend if you don't have a copy.

Or if you're watching him play something on Twitch and he gets stick he can transfer the game to you and you can do that part.

@thecruzan said:
@edge_plus said:

Is that why the Xbone is playing catch up then?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5883 Posts

60 mins playing someone else's game is nice should the developer allow it. Not sure how well it will work in practice, upload internet speeds are far poorer than download. But for some it maybe nice. But its not out till next year, in the mean time Xbox One has just added TV streaming to any device with Smartglass, 3D Blu ray support, snap loads of stuff while playing and the cool features such as playing any game AT THE SAME TIME as another family member is something they are planning to bring back.

The DRM was required to do this and if it had stayed on just digital games nobody would have complained. The issue was they wanted to use disks as a transport device rather than a commercial purchase. They should have kept it just for digital games and allowed an offline mode like steam. Hopefully they will do that now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#93 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I'm sure this was an original idea also. So does the for gamers thing apply to me as a day one Vita buyer? Doesn't seem like it.......

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#94 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@inb4uall said:

@Messiahbolical- said:

A great feature that nobody's talking about when comparing the PS4 and Xbox One is the ability to plug in any 3.5mm headphones/headset into the PS4 controller. You can use your ear buds, beats by dre, a cell-phone headset, etc. Whatever 3.5mm headset you have, you can use. This is great because it gives people so many more options rather than having to go out and get gaming headsets.

What's really cool is that his opens up a HUGE possibility for split screen gaming. Imagine you're playing split screen with a friend and both of you guys each have your own headsets and only hear your own game audio, and you each have your own mics. I don't know about you, but one of the worst aspects of split screen gaming for me is the audio. I hate hearing someone else's game audio when I'm trying to focus on what's going on in my screen... it's disorienting. And if you're playing online split screen, it sucks because only one person can have a headset to talk. And if that person is wearing a headset trying to talk to people online, the person sitting right next to them is left out. But if both people have their headsets with their own mics but can also monitor each other's voices through their own headsets as well, it would be so much more fun of an experience.

But compare it to the Xbone where Microsoft completely force their customers into buying special headsets that support their garbage new proprietary microphone port(it isn't even a full headset port with game audio like on PS4) and it honestly the Xbone look like a joke in comparison. Sony came out with a cool new feature that makes it more convenient for customers with a lot of potential for making split screen play more enjoyable, while on the other hand Microsoft took the greedy route and didn't do anything new or beneficial to customers, but instead simply made people's old Xbox 360 headsets not work on the Xbone. They forced headset companies to pay Microsoft to be able to use their patented stupid mic port, and forced customers to only use headsets that support this pointless port.

Beats are fucking terrible. As a result your post is bad and you should feel bad.

Yeah, they really are lol. Audio Technica & Sennheiser ftw.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#95  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Another Feature that PC just does better.

lol at the "First of it's kind feature"

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@LegatoSkyheart said:

i use that feature. its pretty sweet. you do have to log into their machine, do the steam guard (if enabled), and enable sharing of your titles manually. so far i've just done it with my mrs, but my brother's keen too. once its set up its pretty awesome.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#97 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

i use that feature. its pretty sweet. you do have to log into their machine, do the steam guard (if enabled), and enable sharing of your titles manually. so far i've just done it with my mrs, but my brother's keen too. once its set up its pretty awesome.

Right, but once you got all that down it's actually an awesome. Me and my cousin tried it out when the beta launched and it's actually pretty sweet. He could play all of my games, and I could play his games, right now I can play Surgeon Simulator or Final Fantasy VII from his games list if I wanted to and I haven't actually payed for any of those games. Heck I saw him play one of my games before and I KNEW he didn't have that on his games list.

So yeah I like the Steam Family Sharing.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: yeah bro you're right it's definitely worth the effort. i'm going to play just cause 2 at some point and i don't own that - she does, but i'll get hours tracked, achievements etc on my profile.

pretty damn schweeeeeeet :]

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Yes, it's pretty radical tbh.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

this isn't meant to be a game sharing feature in the sense of buying 1 game that 2 people get to effectively own. The entire point is you can "pass the controller" to a friend so that you can take a break or they can help you clear a level/get a trophy.

Completely different (in some ways better, in some ways worse) than what MS was originally promising to bring to Xbone before retracting their offer.