the best feature no one is talking about

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

A great feature that nobody's talking about when comparing the PS4 and Xbox One is the ability to plug in any 3.5mm headphones/headset into the PS4 controller. You can use your ear buds, beats by dre, a cell-phone headset, etc. Whatever 3.5mm headset you have, you can use. This is great because it gives people so many more options rather than having to go out and get gaming headsets.

What's really cool is that his opens up a HUGE possibility for split screen gaming. Imagine you're playing split screen with a friend and both of you guys each have your own headsets and only hear your own game audio, and you each have your own mics. I don't know about you, but one of the worst aspects of split screen gaming for me is the audio. I hate hearing someone else's game audio when I'm trying to focus on what's going on in my screen... it's disorienting. And if you're playing online split screen, it sucks because only one person can have a headset to talk. And if that person is wearing a headset trying to talk to people online, the person sitting right next to them is left out. But if both people have their headsets with their own mics but can also monitor each other's voices through their own headsets as well, it would be so much more fun of an experience.

But compare it to the Xbone where Microsoft completely force their customers into buying special headsets that support their garbage new proprietary microphone port(it isn't even a full headset port with game audio like on PS4) and it honestly the Xbone look like a joke in comparison. Sony came out with a cool new feature that makes it more convenient for customers with a lot of potential for making split screen play more enjoyable, while on the other hand Microsoft took the greedy route and didn't do anything new or beneficial to customers, but instead simply made people's old Xbox 360 headsets not work on the Xbone. They forced headset companies to pay Microsoft to be able to use their patented stupid mic port, and forced customers to only use headsets that support this pointless port.

lol Oh you mean like you could use any 2.5 headset on the xbox 360? Oh you mean game audio and mic like you could get last generation with turtle beaches, tritons...etc?

yep Sony really INNOVATED there alright.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
@tormentos said:

Yep lemming have been avoiding this like a plague,but but but xbox live is superior,you can even control a friends games or join him without owning that game,far cry 4 support this from what i saw lol sony again making xbox live look like crap.

@gago-gago said:

When MS plan to do it, MS are so evil. When Sony plan to do it, Sony are so nice and for gamers. Lol. Also let's not get ahead of ourselves now. People were so excited about PS Now when it was announced and its turning out to be shit. Now people are hyping this Play Share and not really knowing all the details and hidden-read-the-fine-print info.

This thing and what MS anounce is not the same,second sony anounce this feature before MS even hint anything about xbox family plan,which was nothing but a trick to calm down the masses over DRM,only 1 family member could play at a time,unlike PSN sharing which allowd up to 5 people on PS3..

@gago-gago said:

Both Xbox One and PS4 can already let your friend play your games even if they don't own it, it's called gamesharing. But when Sony renames it, advertise it and plan to do other things with it, their fans gets on their knees and worship Sony lol. Also I have to research more about this, so a friend could take over your game from any where like they're on the couch with you? I don't like the sound of that. What if your friend gets hacked and that hacker takes control of your games when you don't want it to be, it's gonna be a mess. #GreatmessAwaits

Dude playshare is not game sharing you sad lemming,Game sharing has been on PS since the PS3,is not on xbox one by the way,Shareplay is about allowing you to play your friends actual game,so your friend is playing and he can pass a stage your friend can take control of your game from his house and pass it for you,basically he will be remotely playing the game for you,he doesn't need to own the game,or you can join him for co-op as well without owning the game,that is not on xbox one in any way.

@blackace said:

Microsoft is working on bring the Family Share plan back on the XB1. There are features on the XB1 that PS4 doesn't have. QR Redeem Code, Snap technology where you can play a game and use Skype at the same time. The XB1 can actually play a music CD, the PS4 can't. In the next update you'll be able to stream videos and music from your IOS & Android through the XB1. Yes, for gamers, by gamers. This is why idiotic Cow are so delusional and don't know squat. Keep bending over for Sony and taking it where the Sun don't shine.

Yeah just like every xbox one will be a dev kit..lol

Yeah skype actually make out for the lack of playshare on xbox one,because is the same right.? Sharing games with your friends is the same a using snap to chat with some one..lol

CD playing is coming and who use that sh** any more.?

Now how CD playing compete with shareplay can you control a friend games from your house with CD playing.? How about streaming movies or music from android,can that allow me to control a friends games.? So you are countering a feature that is game based to share a game,with CD playing,skype,and movie streaming.? Boy xbox fans are crazy no wonder MS wanted to TV TV TV you all to hell and beyond..

Nothing you say counter his point fake manticore.

@edge_plus said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

LOL lems weren't expecting similar limitations for their own shitty sharing programme.

@blackace said:

you can play a game and use Skype at the same time. The XB1 can actually play a music CD,

Oh shit guys, next gen is here.

What the **** does video and music have to do with games?

It's called multitasking and using MUSIC and VIDEOS while playing the game...WHICH the Xbox ONE is capable of doing.

Non are game related so yeah tv tv tv music skype..lol

lol oh eltormo why so many lies?

lol Leave it up to sheens to pimp the ability to give your friends 60 minute demos.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Gue1 said:

remember that shitty family share M$ brought up in desperation to justify the DRM and that they couldn't even fully explain? Well, Sony's gonna do something that will not only be better but it's more logical and will add value to PS+ subscribers while not fucking us nor the devs over with DRM or lost sales. It's called Share Play.

PS4 will let you play with friends, even if they don't own your game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5995707/ps4-share-play-invite-frends-system-update-200

For gamers by gamers. This is why Sony > M$ and PS4 > Xbone. Meanwhile delusional lems keep supporting a console that lives on bribing 3rd devs because it has nothing compelling of its own.

So... sharing for 60 minutes total is better than sharing the whole game forever.

Cows...

Too bad that the xbone can't do either. The point is moot. Steam family sharing shits anything consoles can offer anyway.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

It's sad to see ppl downplaying such a cool feature just b/c theres a time limit.

Jesus....do you expect these games to be free. Who the **** are the freeloaders.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

I'm more interested in remote play, personally. Don't know if I want to justify the price of a Vita to make it happen, though.